Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic complementation test in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Locale: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Topic: genetic complementation test
- Burgos R, Pich O, Ferrer Navarro M, Baseman J, Querol E, Piñol J. Mycoplasma genitalium P140 and P110 cytadhesins are reciprocally stabilized and required for cell adhesion and terminal-organelle development. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:8627-37 pubmed..genitalium...
- Araújo S, Aslam H, Tear G, Casanova J. mummy/cystic encodes an enzyme required for chitin and glycan synthesis, involved in trachea, embryonic cuticle and CNS development--analysis of its role in Drosophila tracheal morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;288:179-93 pubmed..We discuss the implications of these new data in the mechanism of size control in the Drosophila trachea. ..
- Munoz I, Ruiz A, Marquina M, Barceló A, Albert A, Arino J. Functional characterization of the yeast Ppz1 phosphatase inhibitory subunit Hal3: a mutagenesis study. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42619-27 pubmed..In contrast, the mutation of His378 did not. This finding suggests that Hal3 may have both Ppz1-dependent and independent functions involving different structural elements. ..
- Carretero Paulet L, Ahumada I, Cunillera N, Rodríguez Concepción M, Ferrer A, Boronat A, et al. Expression and molecular analysis of the Arabidopsis DXR gene encoding 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomerase, the first committed enzyme of the 2-C-methyl-D-erythritol 4-phosphate pathway. Plant Physiol. 2002;129:1581-91 pubmed..Our results are consistent with the participation of the Arabidopsis DXR gene in the control of the 2-C-methyl-D-erythritol 4-phosphate pathway. ..
- Alves Rodrigues I, Mas A, Diez J. Xenopus Xp54 and human RCK/p54 helicases functionally replace yeast Dhh1p in brome mosaic virus RNA replication. J Virol. 2007;81:4378-80 pubmed..This functional conservation, together with the common replication strategies of positive-stranded RNA viruses, suggests that RCK/p54 may also play a role in the replication of positive-stranded RNA viruses that infect humans. ..
- Roca I, Torrents E, Sahlin M, Gibert I, Sj berg B. NrdI essentiality for class Ib ribonucleotide reduction in Streptococcus pyogenes. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:4849-58 pubmed publisher..The NrdI* flavodoxin may play a more direct role in ribonucleotide reduction by the NrdF*I*E* system. We discuss the possibility that the nrdF*I*E* operon has been horizontally transferred to S. pyogenes from Mycoplasma spp...
- Querol J, Campos N, Imperial S, Boronat A, Rodr guez Concepci n M. Functional analysis of the Arabidopsis thaliana GCPE protein involved in plastid isoprenoid biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:343-6 pubmed..coli strain, indicating the plant protein is a true functional homologue of the bacterial gcpE gene product...
- Nieto J, Madrid C, Miquelay E, Parra J, Rodr guez S, Ju rez A. Evidence for direct protein-protein interaction between members of the enterobacterial Hha/YmoA and H-NS families of proteins. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:629-35 pubmed
- Lumbreras V, Alba M, Kleinow T, Koncz C, Pages M. Domain fusion between SNF1-related kinase subunits during plant evolution. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:55-60 pubmed..Our results suggest that evolution of AKINbetagamma reflects a unique function of SNF1-related protein kinases in plant glucose and stress signalling. ..
- Cortes A, Huertas D, Fanti L, Pimpinelli S, Marsellach F, Pina B, et al. DDP1, a single-stranded nucleic acid-binding protein of Drosophila, associates with pericentric heterochromatin and is functionally homologous to the yeast Scp160p, which is involved in the control of cell ploidy. EMBO J. 1999;18:3820-33 pubmed..Expression of DDP1 complements a Deltascp160 deletion in yeast. These results are discussed in view of the possible contribution of DNA structure to the structural organization of pericentric heterochromatin. ..
- Merino S, Gavin R, Vilches S, Shaw J, Tomas J. A colonization factor (production of lateral flagella) of mesophilic Aeromonas spp. is inactive in Aeromonas salmonicida strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:663-7 pubmed..A pathogenic characteristic of mesophilic aeromonads (lateral flagella) is abolished in this specialized pathogen with a narrow host range. ..