Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Locale: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Publications606 found, 100 shown here
- Garcia Pagan J, Di Pascoli M, Caca K, Laleman W, Bureau C, Appenrodt B, et al. Use of early-TIPS for high-risk variceal bleeding: results of a post-RCT surveillance study. J Hepatol. 2013;58:45-50 pubmed publisher..This study supports the early use of TIPS in patients with cirrhosis and a high-risk variceal bleeding. ..
- Ballesteros F, Tassies D, Reverter J, Alobid I, Bernal Sprekelsen M. Idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss: classic cardiovascular and new genetic risk factors. Audiol Neurootol. 2012;17:400-8 pubmed publisher..Patients homozygous for this polymorphism are less likely to recover from iSSNHL. Classical cardiovascular risk factors were not related to iSSNHL. ..
- Turra C, Renteria E, GuimarÃ£es R. The Effect of Changes in Educational Composition on Adult Female Mortality in Brazil. Res Aging. 2016;38:283-98 pubmed publisher..The effects are not trivial: Between 1960 and 2010, about 38% of the increase in life expectancy at age 30 can be attributed to changes in the educational composition of women. An additional 22% increase is expected until 2040. ..
- Panes J, Garcia Olmo D, Van Assche G, Colombel J, Reinisch W, Baumgart D, et al. Expanded allogeneic adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells (Cx601) for complex perianal fistulas in Crohn's disease: a phase 3 randomised, double-blind controlled trial. Lancet. 2016;388:1281-90 pubmed publisher..Cx601 is an effective and safe treatment for complex perianal fistulas in patients with Crohn's disease who did not respond to conventional or biological treatments, or both. TiGenix. ..
- Delgado P, Alvarez Sabin J, Santamarina E, Molina C, Quintana M, Rosell A, et al. Plasma S100B level after acute spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage. Stroke. 2006;37:2837-9 pubmed..3) and unfavorable outcome at 3 months (odds ratio 17; 95% CI, 2.0 to 142). Increased S100B level is found after acute spontaneous ICH, in association with a worse early and late evolution, and closely related to initial hematoma volume. ..
- Parody R, Rabella N, Martino R, Otegui M, del Cuerpo M, Coll P, et al. Upper and lower respiratory tract infections by human enterovirus and rhinovirus in adult patients with hematological malignancies. Am J Hematol. 2007;82:807-11 pubmed..In conclusion, HEV and HRV can be associated with LRTI in immunocompromised patients, although their direct impact on mortality is uncertain. ..
- Formoso Senande M, Figueiredo R, Berini Aytés L, Gay Escoda C. Lateral periodontal cysts: a retrospective study of 11 cases. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2008;13:E313-7 pubmed
- Ridaura Ruiz L, Figueiredo R, Guinot Moya R, Piñera Penalva M, Sanchez Garcés M, Valmaseda Castellón E, et al. Accidental displacement of dental implants into the maxillary sinus: a report of nine cases. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2009;11 Suppl 1:e38-45 pubmed publisher..If the implant migrates into the maxillary sinus, it should be removed in order to avoid sinus pathology. ..
- Guevara M, Baccaro M, Rios J, Martín Llahí M, Uriz J, Ruiz del Arbol L, et al. Risk factors for hepatic encephalopathy in patients with cirrhosis and refractory ascites: relevance of serum sodium concentration. Liver Int. 2010;30:1137-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in patients with refractory ascites, the occurrence of HE is related to the impairment of liver and renal function and presence of hyponatraemia. ..
- Mensa L, Crespo G, Gastinger M, Kabat J, PÃ©rez Del Pulgar S, Miquel R, et al. Hepatitis C virus receptors claudin-1 and occludin after liver transplantation and influence on early viral kinetics. Hepatology. 2011;53:1436-45 pubmed publisher..Hepatitis C recurrence after LT was associated with increased levels of claudin-1 and occludin in the hepatocyte cell membrane, although it did not alter their localization within the tight junctions. ..
- Soler M, Riera M, Crespo M, Mir M, Marquez E, Pascual M, et al. Circulating angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 activity in kidney transplantation: a longitudinal pilot study. Nephron Clin Pract. 2012;121:c144-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that measurement of serum ACE2 may be used as a non-invasive marker to understand the role of the renin-angiotensin system in KT patients. ..
- Aguero F, Murta Nascimento C, Gallen M, Andreu Garcia M, Pera M, Hernandez C, et al. Colorectal cancer survival: results from a hospital-based cancer registry. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2012;104:572-7 pubmed..Overall survival rates should notably improve with the implementation of a population-based colorectal cancer screening program in Spain. ..
- Morenas RodrÃguez E, Cervera Carles L, Vilaplana E, Alcolea D, Carmona Iragui M, Dols Icardo O, et al. Progranulin Protein Levels in Cerebrospinal Fluid in Primary Neurodegenerative Dementias. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;50:539-46 pubmed publisher..Our data confirm that levels of PGRN in plasma do not reflect accurately levels in CSF in cognitively normal controls. These data should be considered in clinical trials aiming to increase PGRN. ..
- Parra O, Arboix A, Bechich S, García Eroles L, Montserrat J, Lopez J, et al. Time course of sleep-related breathing disorders in first-ever stroke or transient ischemic attack. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2000;161:375-80 pubmed..No correlation was found between neurological location and the presence or type of SRBD. Obstructive events seem to be a condition prior to the neurological disease whereas central events and CSB could be its consequence...
- Román E, Soriano G, Fuentes M, Gálvez M, Fernández C. The influence of the full moon on the number of admissions related to gastrointestinal bleeding. Int J Nurs Pract. 2004;10:292-6 pubmed..Therefore, further studies are needed to clarify the possible influence of the moon on gastrointestinal haemorrhage. ..
- Pena Casanova J, Quiñones Ubeda S, Quintana Aparicio M, Aguilar M, Badenes D, Molinuevo J, et al. Spanish Multicenter Normative Studies (NEURONORMA Project): norms for verbal span, visuospatial span, letter and number sequencing, trail making test, and symbol digit modalities test. Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2009;24:321-41 pubmed publisher..These data may be of considerable use for comparisons with other normative studies. Limitations of these normative data are mainly related to the techniques of recruitment and stratification employed. ..
- Millan M, Tegido M, Biondo S, Garcia Granero E. Preoperative stoma siting and education by stomatherapists of colorectal cancer patients: a descriptive study in twelve Spanish colorectal surgical units. Colorectal Dis. 2010;12:e88-92 pubmed publisher..001) and anxiety (p < 0.001) compared to those who did not postoperatively. The study has demonstrated the importance of preoperative stomatherapy assessment. ..
- Cervera A, Planas A, Justicia C, Urra X, Jensenius J, Torres F, et al. Genetically-defined deficiency of mannose-binding lectin is associated with protection after experimental stroke in mice and outcome in human stroke. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8433 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, genetically defined MBL-deficiency is associated with a better outcome after acute stroke in mice and humans. ..
- Parra O, SÃ¡nchez Armengol A, Bonnin M, Arboix A, Campos RodrÃguez F, PÃ©rez Ronchel J, et al. Early treatment of obstructive apnoea and stroke outcome: a randomised controlled trial. Eur Respir J. 2011;37:1128-36 pubmed publisher..3% in the control group (p = 0.161). Early use of nCPAP seems to accelerate neurological recovery and to delay the appearance of cardiovascular events, although an improvement in patients' survival or quality of life was not shown. ..
- Simonetti S, Molina M, Queralt C, de Aguirre I, Mayo C, Bertran Alamillo J, et al. Detection of EGFR mutations with mutation-specific antibodies in stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer. J Transl Med. 2010;8:135 pubmed publisher..However these mAbs should be validated with additional studies to clarify their possible role in routine clinical practice for screening EGFR mutations in NSCLC patients. ..
- Santos A, Goumenos G, Pascual A, Nart J. Creeping attachment after 10 years of treatment of a gingival recession with acellular dermal matrix: a case report. Quintessence Int. 2011;42:121-6 pubmed..Long-term creeping attachment and complete root coverage on a restored tooth treated with acellular dermal matrix has not been previously reported in the dental literature. ..
- Vilalta A, Sahuquillo J, Merino M, Poca M, Garnacho A, Martínez Valverde T, et al. Normobaric hyperoxia in traumatic brain injury: does brain metabolic state influence the response to hyperoxic challenge?. J Neurotrauma. 2011;28:1139-48 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the baseline metabolic state should be taken into account when applying NH to patients with TBI. This maneuver may only be effective in a specific group of patients. ..
- Llorenç V, González Martín J, Keller J, Rey A, Pelegrin L, Mesquida M, et al. Indirect supportive evidence for diagnosis of tuberculosis-related uveitis: from the tuberculin skin test to the new interferon gamma release assays. Acta Ophthalmol. 2013;91:e99-e107 pubmed publisher..To evaluate clinical and paraclinical parameters for the indirect diagnosis of tuberculosis-related uveitis (TRU)...
- Domenech A, Ardanuy C, Pallares R, Grau I, Santos S, de la Campa A, et al. Some pneumococcal serotypes are more frequently associated with relapses of acute exacerbations in COPD patients. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59027 pubmed publisher..These relapse episodes were mainly caused by serotypes 9V and 19F, suggesting an important role for capsular type. ..
- Zamora Ros R, Knaze V, Romieu I, Scalbert A, Slimani N, Clavel Chapelon F, et al. Impact of thearubigins on the estimation of total dietary flavonoids in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013;67:779-82 pubmed publisher..Further research on identification and quantification of TR is needed to get more accurate dietary TR estimations. ..
- Turrado Rodriguez V, Targarona Soler E, Bollo Rodriguez J, BalaguÃ© Ponz C, HernÃ¡ndez Casanovas P, MartÃnez C, et al. Are there differences between right and left colectomies when performed by laparoscopy?. Surg Endosc. 2016;30:1413-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings strengthen the notion that right and left colectomies have a different intraoperative and postoperative course and should be analyzed as two separate entities. ..
- Mazieres J, Barlesi F, Filleron T, Besse B, Monnet I, Beau Faller M, et al. Lung cancer patients with HER2 mutations treated with chemotherapy and HER2-targeted drugs: results from the European EUHER2 cohort. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:281-6 pubmed publisher..This series shows the chemosensitivity of HER2-driven NSCLC, and the potential interest of HER2-targeted agents. Our results should help to define the best therapeutic strategy for these patients and to orient future clinical trials. ..
- Simonetti A, Garcia Vidal C, Viasus D, Garcia Somoza D, Dorca J, Gudiol F, et al. Declining mortality among hospitalized patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:567.e1-7 pubmed publisher..Several changes in the management of CAP and a general improvement in global care over time may have caused the observed outcomes. ..
- Parra M, Foj L, Filella X. Automated measurement of 25-OH Vitamin D on the LUMIPULSE® G1200: analytical verification and method comparison. Br J Biomed Sci. 2016;73:104-109 pubmed..Clinical concordance assessed by Kappa Index was 0.66. Lumipulse G 25-OH Vitamin D showed a good clinical concordance with the Liaison assay, although overall results measured in Lumipulse were higher by an average of 6.5%. ..
- Sanchez R, Ayala R, Alonso R, Martínez M, Ribera J, García O, et al. Clinical characteristics of patients with central nervous system relapse in BCR-ABL1-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia: the importance of characterizing ABL1 mutations in cerebrospinal fluid. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1069-1075 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the feasibility of detecting BCR-ABL1 mutations in CSF blasts by NGS and highlight the importance of monitoring clonal evolution over time. ..
- Cunha Vaz J, Ribeiro L, Costa M, Simo R. Diabetic Retinopathy Phenotypes of Progression to Macular Edema: Pooled Analysis From Independent Longitudinal Studies of up to 2 Years' Duration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:BIO206-BIO210 pubmed publisher..001, respectively. NPDR phenotypes based on microaneurysm turnover and central macular thickness OCT at the 6-month visit using CFP and OCT, both noninvasive examinations, identified the eyes at increased risk of developing ME. ..
- Hernández Rodríguez J, Segarra M, Vilardell C, Sánchez M, García Martínez A, Esteban M, et al. Elevated production of interleukin-6 is associated with a lower incidence of disease-related ischemic events in patients with giant-cell arteritis: angiogenic activity of interleukin-6 as a potential protective mechanism. Circulation. 2003;107:2428-34 pubmed..IL-6 has relevant direct effects on vascular wall components that might be protective: IL-6 activates a functional program related to angiogenesis that may compensate for ischemia in patients with GCA. ..
- Ribo M, Molina C, Montaner J, Rubiera M, Delgado Mederos R, Arenillas J, et al. Acute hyperglycemia state is associated with lower tPA-induced recanalization rates in stroke patients. Stroke. 2005;36:1705-9 pubmed..6; 95% CI, 1.1 to 6.1; P=0.029). In tPA-treated patients, the acute but not chronic HG state may hamper the fibrinolytic process, delaying reperfusion of the ischemic penumbra. Early measures to reduce HG may favor early recanalization. ..
- Pigrau C, Almirante B, Rodriguez D, Larrosa N, Bescos S, Raspall G, et al. Osteomyelitis of the jaw: resistance to clindamycin in patients with prior antibiotics exposure. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;28:317-23 pubmed publisher..In penicillin-allergic cases, the new fluorquinolones, probably in combination with rifampin and/or clindamycin, could be a promising alternative. ..
- Tamborero D, Mont L, Sitges M, Silva E, Berruezo A, Vidal B, et al. Optimization of the interventricular delay in cardiac resynchronization therapy using the QRS width. Am J Cardiol. 2009;104:1407-12 pubmed publisher..It also improved the response obtained by default simultaneous biventricular pacing, although this improvement was limited in magnitude. ..
- Biondo S, Frago R, Codina Cazador A, Farres R, Olivet F, Golda T, et al. Long-term functional results from a randomized clinical study of transverse coloplasty compared with colon J-pouch after low anterior resection for rectal cancer. Surgery. 2013;153:383-92 pubmed publisher..The aim of this prospective randomized trial was to compare short- and long-term functional results of colonic J-pouch (CJP) and transverse coloplasty (TCP) after low anterior resection for rectal cancer...
- Valcarcel D, Ademà V, Sole F, Ortega M, Nomdedeu B, Sanz G, et al. Complex, not monosomal, karyotype is the cytogenetic marker of poorest prognosis in patients with primary myelodysplastic syndrome. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:916-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrate that the prognostic value of MK in MDS is not independent and is mainly the result of its strong association with number of chromosomal abnormalities. ..
- Suades R, PadrÃ³ T, Crespo J, Ramaiola I, Martin Yuste V, SabatÃ© M, et al. Circulating microparticle signature in coronary and peripheral blood of ST elevation myocardial infarction patients in relation to pain-to-PCI elapsed time. Int J Cardiol. 2016;202:378-87 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, cMPs in peripheral blood may be sensitive markers of the thrombo-occlusive vascular process developing in the coronary arteries of STEMI-patients. ..
- Iacoponi S, Zalewski K, Fruscio R, Diaz De la Noval B, De Iaco P, Ceccaroni M, et al. Prognostic factors for recurrence and survival among patients with invasive vulvar Paget disease included in the VULCAN study. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;133:76-9 pubmed publisher..Distant recurrences were associated with tumor size and FIGO stage. It is possible that adjuvant radiotherapy or chemotherapy could offer patients benefits by increasing overall survival rates. ..
- Collado R, Puiggros A, LÃ³pez Guerrero J, Calasanz M, LarrÃ¡yoz M, Ivars D, et al. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia with isochromosome 17q: An aggressive subgroup associated with TP53 mutations and complex karyotypes. Cancer Lett. 2017;409:42-48 pubmed publisher..044). In conclusion, our findings provide new insights regarding i(17q) in CLL and show a subgroup with adverse prognostic features. ..
- Alvarez Lerma F, Insausti Ordeñana J, Jordà Marcos R, Maravi Poma E, Torres Marti A, Nava J, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of piperacillin/tazobactam versus ceftazidime in association with amikacin for treating nosocomial pneumonia in intensive care patients: a prospective randomized multicenter trial. Intensive Care Med. 2001;27:493-502 pubmed..08-13.37). Amikacin associated with either ceftazidime or piperacillin and tazobactam has shown comparable efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of ICU patients with nosocomial pneumonia. ..
- Ferrer I, Hernandez I, Boada M, Llorente A, Rey M, Cardozo A, et al. Primary progressive aphasia as the initial manifestation of corticobasal degeneration and unusual tauopathies. Acta Neuropathol. 2003;106:419-35 pubmed..Taken together, the present series further supports pure and combined CBD as causes of primary progressive aphasia, and they extend the hypothesis that primary progressive aphasia may be the initial symptom of distinct tauopathies. ..
- Rimola A, Londoño M, Guevara G, Bruguera M, Navasa M, Forns X, et al. Beneficial effect of angiotensin-blocking agents on graft fibrosis in hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantation. Transplantation. 2004;78:686-91 pubmed..21 [0-0.45] vs. 0.52 [0-2.58]; P=0.006). The administration of angiotensin-blocking agents may be beneficial to reduce the development of graft fibrosis in hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantation. ..
- Martinez Palli G, Drake B, García Pagán J, Barbera J, Arguedas M, Rodriguez Roisin R, et al. Effect of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt on pulmonary gas exchange in patients with portal hypertension and hepatopulmonary syndrome. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:6858-62 pubmed..This data does not support the use of TIPS as a specific treatment for HPS. However, it does reinforce the view that TIPS can be safely performed for the treatment of other complications of portal hypertension in patients with HPS. ..
- Nadal M, Pera G, Pujadas J, Abril J, Gonzalez L, Aguiló F, et al. Aneuploidy of chromosome Y in prostate tumors and seminal vesicles: a possible sign of aging rather than an indicator of carcinogenesis?. Mol Carcinog. 2007;46:543-52 pubmed..However, a contribution of this loss to chromosomal instability and therefore, to the multistep tumorigenic process, cannot be discarded...
- Fernandez Fairen M, Blanco A, Murcia A, Sevilla P, Gil F. Aging of retrieved zirconia femoral heads. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007;462:122-9 pubmed..Aging of zirconia in vivo is then a function of time in service, and the loss of surface properties is caused by the corresponding increase in monoclinic content...
- Iranzo A, Isetta V, Molinuevo J, Serradell M, Navajas D, Farre R, et al. Electroencephalographic slowing heralds mild cognitive impairment in idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder. Sleep Med. 2010;11:534-9 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that those IRBD patients who later developed MCI had pronounced cortical EEG slowing at presentation...
- Beltran M, Ramos M, Rovira J, Perez Hoyos S, Sancho M, Puertas E, et al. Dose variations in tumor volumes and organs at risk during IMRT for head-and-neck cancer. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2012;13:3723 pubmed publisher..Reported dosimetric data can help to identify patients who could benefit from adaptive radiotherapy. ..
- Conesa X, Gonzalez X, Siles E, Parals F, Novell J. Simultaneous development of Dieterich disease and Freiberg disease. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013;52:389-92 pubmed publisher..The present case is the first in which Dieterich disease and Freiberg disease manifested simultaneously in the initial painful inflammatory phase. ..
- van der Schoot J, Reus N, Garway Heath D, Saarela V, Anton A, Bron A, et al. Accuracy of matching optic discs with visual fields: the European Structure and Function Assessment Trial (ESAFAT). Ophthalmology. 2013;120:2470-2475 pubmed publisher..52). European ophthalmologists correctly matched stereoscopic optic disc photographs to their corresponding visual field in only approximately 59% of cases. In most mismatches, the clinicians overestimated the visual field damage. ..
- Ata Ali J, Flichy FernÃ¡ndez A, Alegre Domingo T, Ata Ali F, Palacio J, PeÃ±arrocha Diago M. Clinical, microbiological, and immunological aspects of healthy versus peri-implantitis tissue in full arch reconstruction patients: a prospective cross-sectional study. BMC Oral Health. 2015;15:43 pubmed publisher..A significant relationship is observed between the concentration of cytokines (interleukins 1Î², 6 and 10 and TNF-Î±) and the inflammatory response in peri-implantitis tissue. ..
- Sans Torres J, Domingo C, Moron A, Rue M, Marin A, Saas Torres J. Long-term effects of almitrine bismesylate in COPD patients with chronic hypoxaemia. Respir Med. 2003;97:599-605 pubmed..In an intermittent schedule, although well tolerated, at doses of 1 mg/kg/day, AB was not effective in long-term treatment of chronic hypoxemia in COPD patients. ..
- Rosell A, Ortega Aznar A, Alvarez Sabin J, Fernandez Cadenas I, Ribo M, Molina C, et al. Increased brain expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 after ischemic and hemorrhagic human stroke. Stroke. 2006;37:1399-406 pubmed..Our results demonstrate in situ higher levels of MMP-9 in human brain tissue after ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, suggesting a contribution of MMP-9 to ischemic brain injury and perihematoma edema. ..
- Fermoselle C, Rabinovich R, Ausin P, Puig Vilanova E, Coronell C, Sanchez F, et al. Does oxidative stress modulate limb muscle atrophy in severe COPD patients?. Eur Respir J. 2012;40:851-62 pubmed..Oxidative stress does not seem to directly modulate muscle protein loss in these patients. ..
- Fernandez Cadenas I, del Rio Espinola A, Carrera C, Domingues Montanari S, Mendioroz M, Delgado P, et al. Role of the MMP9 gene in hemorrhagic transformations after tissue-type plasminogen activator treatment in stroke patients. Stroke. 2012;43:1398-400 pubmed publisher..Moreover, no association was found between MMP9 expression and MMP9 polymorphisms. Genetic variations in the MMP9 gene are not associated with HT occurrence in tissue-type plasminogen activator-treated patients. ..
- Rosinol L, Oriol A, Teruel A, Hernandez D, López Jiménez J, de la Rubia J, et al. Superiority of bortezomib, thalidomide, and dexamethasone (VTD) as induction pretransplantation therapy in multiple myeloma: a randomized phase 3 PETHEMA/GEM study. Blood. 2012;120:1589-96 pubmed..Our results support the use of VTD as a highly effective induction regimen prior to ASCT. The study was registered with http://www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT00461747) and Eudra CT (no. 2005-001110-41). ..
- García Valentín A, Mestres C, Bernabeu E, Bahamonde J, MartÃn I, Rueda C, et al. Validation and quality measurements for EuroSCORE and EuroSCORE II in the Spanish cardiac surgical population: a prospective, multicentre study. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49:399-405 pubmed publisher..The funnel plot illustrates risk-adjusted mortality clearly out of boundaries when EuroSCORE is used, and near underprediction when the reference is EuroSCORE II. ..
- Benach J, Yasui Y, Borrell C, Rosa E, Pasarín M, Benach N, et al. Examining geographic patterns of mortality: the atlas of mortality in small areas in Spain (1987-1995). Eur J Public Health. 2003;13:115-23 pubmed..Mortality patterns displayed in the atlas may have important implications for research and social/health policy planning purposes. ..
- Angulo E, Noe V, Casado V, Mallol J, Gomez Isla T, Lluis C, et al. Up-regulation of the Kv3.4 potassium channel subunit in early stages of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem. 2004;91:547-57 pubmed..Thus, Kv3.4 likely represents a novel therapeutic target for the disease. ..
- Soler N, Agustí C, Angrill J, Puig de la Bellacasa J, Torres A. Bronchoscopic validation of the significance of sputum purulence in severe exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Thorax. 2007;62:29-35 pubmed..The use of these clinical variables may help in selecting candidates to receive antibiotic treatment. ..
- Alvarez Lobos M, Arostegui J, Sans M, Tassies D, Piu J, Reverter J, et al. Combined type-1 plasminogen activator inhibitor and NOD2/CARD15 genotyping predicts complicated Crohn's disease behaviour. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007;25:429-40 pubmed..30-4.60; P = 0.005) were independent predictive factors irrespective of criteria applied. Combined PAI-1 and NOD2/CARD15 genotyping predict complicated Crohn's disease. Patients with these variants could benefit from early interventions. ..
- Ramos R, Moya J, Villalonga R, Morera R, Ferrer G. Mediastinal aortosympathetic paraganglioma: report of two cases. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2007;15:e49-51 pubmed..We present two cases of posterior mediastinum paraganglioma. Complete tumor resection was done through posterolateral thoracotomy. The diagnosis of aorticosympathectic paraganglioma was established by histologic examination...
- Lozano M, Basora M, Peidro L, Merino I, Segur J, Pereira A, et al. Effectiveness and safety of tranexamic acid administration during total knee arthroplasty. Vox Sang. 2008;95:39-44 pubmed publisher..TA treatment was not associated with an increase in thromboembolic complications. Transfusion costs are significantly reduced. ..
- Sangil A, Calbo E, Robles A, Benet S, Viladot M, Pascual V, et al. Aetiology of community-acquired pneumonia among adults in an H1N1 pandemic year: the role of respiratory viruses. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;31:2765-72 pubmed..A viral infection was identified in more than one-third of patients with CAP. Clinical and laboratory features could help to differentiate between VP and BP and to guide empirical therapy. ..
- García Cruz E, Piqueras M, Huguet J, Peri L, Izquierdo L, Musquera M, et al. Low testosterone levels are related to poor prognosis factors in men with prostate cancer prior to treatment. BJU Int. 2012;110:E541-6 pubmed publisher..Our experience shows that testosterone levels are related to risk of progression of prostate cancer - those men with lower testosterone levels are at higher risk of progression of their prostate cancer after treatment delivery...
- Maduell F, Moreso F, Pons M, Ramos R, Mora Macià J, Carreras J, et al. High-efficiency postdilution online hemodiafiltration reduces all-cause mortality in hemodialysis patients. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013;24:487-97 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, high-efficiency postdilution OL-HDF reduces all-cause mortality compared with conventional hemodialysis. ..
- Barreto R, Fagundes C, Guevara M, Solá E, Pereira G, Rodríguez E, et al. Type-1 hepatorenal syndrome associated with infections in cirrhosis: natural history, outcome of kidney function, and survival. Hepatology. 2014;59:1505-13 pubmed publisher..These results may help advance the management of patients with type-1 HRS associated with infections. ..
- Sarrias A, Galve E, SabatÃ© X, Moya Ã, Anguera I, NÃºÃ±ez E, et al. Implantable Cardioverter-defibrillator Therapy for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Usefulness in Primary and Secondary Prevention. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:492-6 pubmed publisher..In patients with a defibrillator for primary prevention, the appropriate therapy rate is extremely low, indicating the low predictive power of the current risk stratification criteria. ..
- Sanchez R, Bailles E, Peri J, Bastidas A, Perez Villa F, Bulbena A, et al. Assessment of psychosocial factors and predictors of psychopathology in a sample of heart transplantation recipients: a prospective 12-month follow-up. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2016;38:59-64 pubmed publisher..Successful HT involved some positive changes in psychosocial factors 12 months after the surgery beyond physical recovery. ..
- Papatheodoridis G, Dalekos G, Sypsa V, Yurdaydin C, Buti M, Goulis J, et al. PAGE-B predicts the risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma in Caucasians with chronic hepatitis B on 5-year antiviral therapy. J Hepatol. 2016;64:800-6 pubmed publisher..PAGE-B, which is based only on baseline patients' age, gender and platelets, represents a simple and reliable score for prediction of the 5-year HCC risk in Caucasian CHB patients under entecavir/tenofovir. ..
- Espinosa G, Tassies D, Font J, Muñoz Rodríguez F, Cervera R, Ordinas A, et al. Antiphospholipid antibodies and thrombophilic factors in giant cell arteritis. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2001;31:12-20 pubmed..Moreover, GCA-related or GCA-unrelated ischemic manifestations do not appear to be due to congenital thrombophilic risk factors. Semin Arthritis Rheum 31:12-20. ..
- Moreno Romero J, Segura S, Mascaro J, Cowper S, Julia M, Poch E, et al. Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: a case series suggesting gadolinium as a possible aetiological factor. Br J Dermatol. 2007;157:783-7 pubmed..In the future, gadolinium should probably be avoided as much as possible in renal insufficiency patients until its role in the development of NSF is clarified. ..
- Vegas Bustamante E, Gargallo Albiol J, Berini Aytés L, Gay Escoda C. Benign fibro-osseous lesions of the maxillas: analysis of 11 cases. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2008;13:E653-6 pubmed..A study is made of the principal characteristics of the oral lesions biopsied in our Service of Oral Surgery and histologically diagnosed as corresponding to fibro-osseous lesions of the maxillas...
- Miravitlles M, Llor C, Molina J, Naberan K, Cots J, Ros F. Antibiotic treatment of exacerbations of COPD in general practice: long-term impact on health-related quality of life. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2010;5:11-9 pubmed..02). The same findings were observed in patients with two or more exacerbations. In COPD outpatients, treatment of exacerbations with moxifloxacin had a more favorable long-term effect on quality of life than amoxicillin/clavulanate. ..
- D Angelo E, Mozos A, Nakayama D, Espinosa I, Catasus L, Muñoz J, et al. Prognostic significance of FOXL2 mutation and mRNA expression in adult and juvenile granulosa cell tumors of the ovary. Mod Pathol. 2011;24:1360-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that FOXL2 mutation and mRNA expression are of prognostic importance in both adult and juvenile granulosa cell tumors. ..
- Ferrari R, Hernandez D, Nalls M, Rohrer J, Ramasamy A, Kwok J, et al. Frontotemporal dementia and its subtypes: a genome-wide association study. Lancet Neurol. 2014;13:686-99 pubmed publisher..The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke and National Institute on Aging, the Wellcome/MRC Centre on Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's Research UK, and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. ..
- Rius A, Guisasola L, SabidÃ³ M, Leasher J, MoriÃ±a D, Villalobos A, et al. Prevalence of visual impairment in El Salvador: inequalities in educational level and occupational status. Rev Panam Salud Publica. 2014;36:290-9 pubmed
- Vela J, SÃ¡nchez F, DÃaz Cascajosa J, Mingorance E, Andreu D, Buil J. Incidence and distribution of paravascular lamellar holes and their relationship with macular retinoschisis in highly myopic eyes using spectral-domain oct. Int Ophthalmol. 2016;36:247-52 pubmed publisher..Findings from this descriptive study suggest that distribution of PLH might be related to the type of staphyloma. Further studies are needed to evaluate the relevance of PLH in the pathogenesis of MR. ..
- Estrada Ferrer O, Ruiz Edo N, Hidalgo Grau L, Abadal Prades M, Del Bas Rubia M, Garcia Torralbo E, et al. Selective non-antibiotic treatment in sigmoid diverticulitis: is it time to change the traditional approach?. Tech Coloproctol. 2016;20:309-315 pubmed publisher..Outpatient treatment without antibiotics for patients with mild AD is safe and effective. Patients with moderate AD can be safely treated with antibiotics in a mixed regime as inpatients and outpatients. ..
- Valles E, Pujadas S, Guindo J, Leta R, Carreras F, Pons Llado G. Delayed-contrast enhancement cardioresonance in transient left ventricular apical ballooning. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2007;23:243-7 pubmed..We report three cases of TAB in which contrast- enhanced CMR emerged as an excellent diagnostic tool. ..
- Lerma E, Romero M, Gallardo A, Pons C, Muñoz J, Fuentes J, et al. Prognostic significance of the Fas-receptor/Fas-ligand system in cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Virchows Arch. 2008;452:65-74 pubmed..03) and decrease in host inflammatory response (p = 0.01). Fas-R expression by tumor cells seems unrelated to stage or lymphoid infiltrate. Tumor production of Fas-L may represent an attempt to destroy the host's lymphocytic reaction. ..
- Poca M, Benejam B, Sahuquillo J, Riveiro M, Frascheri L, Merino M, et al. Monitoring intracranial pressure in patients with malignant middle cerebral artery infarction: is it useful?. J Neurosurg. 2010;112:648-57 pubmed publisher..Therefore, continuous ICP monitoring cannot substitute for close clinical and radiological follow-up in the management of these patients. ..
- Grau Olivares M, Arboix A, Junque C, Arenaza Urquijo E, Rovira M, Bartrés Faz D. Progressive gray matter atrophy in lacunar patients with vascular mild cognitive impairment. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010;30:157-66 pubmed publisher..Frontal lobe dysfunction and regional cortical and subcortical GM atrophy best differentiate the clinical course of LI patients with and without cognitive impairment. ..
- Munoz X, Sánchez Vidaurre S, Roca O, Torres F, Morell F, Cruz M. Bronchial inflammation and hyperresponsiveness in well controlled asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2012;42:1321-8 pubmed publisher..Little research has been devoted to the characteristics of bronchial inflammation in patients with stable, well controlled asthma...