Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Málaga, Andalusia, Spain
Locale: Málaga, Andalusia, Spain
- Crespillo A, Suarez J, Bermudez Silva F, Rivera P, Vida M, Alonso M, et al. Expression of the cannabinoid system in muscle: effects of a high-fat diet and CB1 receptor blockade. Biochem J. 2011;433:175-85 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results of the present study indicate a diet-sensitive ECS in skeletal muscle, suggesting that blockade of CB1 receptors could work towards restoration of the metabolic adaption imposed by diet. ..
- Perez Martin M, Cifuentes M, Grondona J, Lopez Avalos M, Gomez Pinedo U, Garcia Verdugo J, et al. IGF-I stimulates neurogenesis in the hypothalamus of adult rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:1533-48 pubmed publisher..Both features are typical of neurogenic niches in other brain zones, suggesting that the central overlapping zone of the rat hypothalamic wall could be considered a neurogenic niche in response to IGF-I. ..
- Khan Z, Gutierrez A, Martin R, Penafiel A, Rivera A, De la Calle A. Dopamine D5 receptors of rat and human brain. Neuroscience. 2000;100:689-99 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of D5 receptors in the areas of dopamine pathways suggests that this receptor may participate actively in dopaminergic neurotransmission. ..
- Suarez J, Llorente R, Romero Zerbo S, Mateos B, Bermudez Silva F, de Fonseca F, et al. Early maternal deprivation induces gender-dependent changes on the expression of hippocampal CB(1) and CB(2) cannabinoid receptors of neonatal rats. Hippocampus. 2009;19:623-32 pubmed publisher..The present MD procedure may provide an interesting experimental model to further address the role of the ECS in neurodevelopmental mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. ..
- Claros S, Alonso M, Becerra J, Andrades J. Selection and induction of rat skeletal muscle-derived cells to the chondro-osteogenic lineage. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2008;54:1-10 pubmed..In this respect SMDCs resemble BM stromal cells (BMSCs) and have demonstrated a potential application for cartilage and bone tissue engineering. ..
- Villena A, Diaz F, Vidal L, Moreno M, Perez De Vargas I. Quantitative age-related changes in NADPH-diaphorase-positive neurons in the ventral lateral geniculate nucleus. Neurosci Res. 2003;46:63-72 pubmed..Finally, the type C neurons modify their size and dendritic process. ..
- Rivera A, Penafiel A, Megias M, Agnati L, López Téllez J, Gago B, et al. Cellular localization and distribution of dopamine D(4) receptors in the rat cerebral cortex and their relationship with the cortical dopaminergic and noradrenergic nerve terminal networks. Neuroscience. 2008;155:997-1010 pubmed publisher..The present findings support a major role of the dopamine D(4) receptor in mediating the transmission of cortical dopamine and noradrenaline nerve terminal plexuses. ..
- Olmo M, Sanchez Jimenez F, Medina M, Hayashi H. Spectroscopic analysis of recombinant rat histidine decarboxylase. J Biochem. 2002;132:433-9 pubmed
- MartÃn RufiÃ¡n M, Tosina M, Campos Sandoval J, Manzanares E, Lobo C, Segura J, et al. Mammalian glutaminase Gls2 gene encodes two functional alternative transcripts by a surrogate promoter usage mechanism. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38380 pubmed publisher..Relative abundance of GAB and LGA transcripts was species- and tissue-specific providing evidence of a differential regulation of GLS2 transcripts in mammals. ..
- Alonso M, Serrano A, Vida M, Crespillo A, Hernandez Folgado L, Jagerovic N, et al. Anti-obesity efficacy of LH-21, a cannabinoid CB(1) receptor antagonist with poor brain penetration, in diet-induced obese rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;165:2274-91 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that treatment with the peripherally neutral acting CB(1) receptor antagonist, LH-21, may promote weight loss through modulation of visceral adipose tissue. ..
- Romero Zerbo S, Rafacho A, Diaz Arteaga A, Suarez J, Quesada I, Imbernon M, et al. A role for the putative cannabinoid receptor GPR55 in the islets of Langerhans. J Endocrinol. 2011;211:177-85 pubmed publisher..In this context, it may also represent a new target for consideration in the management of type 2 diabetes and related diseases. ..
- Cifuentes M, Perez Martin M, Grondona J, Lopez Avalos M, Inagaki N, Granados Durán P, et al. A comparative analysis of intraperitoneal versus intracerebroventricular administration of bromodeoxyuridine for the study of cell proliferation in the adult rat brain. J Neurosci Methods. 2011;201:307-14 pubmed publisher..By using double immunocytochemistry we found that neurons, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, tanycytes and microglia had incorporated the tracer, demonstrating their proliferation capacity. ..
- Gago B, Suárez Boomgaard D, Fuxe K, Brene S, Reina Sánchez M, Rodríguez Pérez L, et al. Effect of acute and continuous morphine treatment on transcription factor expression in subregions of the rat caudate putamen. Marked modulation by D4 receptor activation. Brain Res. 2011;1407:47-61 pubmed publisher..The change in the transcription factor expression by D(4)R/MOR interactions in turn suggests a modulation of neuronal activity in the CPu that could be of relevance for drug addiction. ..
- Rivera A, Agnati L, Horvath T, Valderrama J, De la Calle A, Fuxe K. Uncoupling protein 2/3 immunoreactivity and the ascending dopaminergic and noradrenergic neuronal systems: relevance for volume transmission. Neuroscience. 2006;137:1447-61 pubmed..Taken together, these findings open up the possibility that uncoupling protein 2/3 could play an important role modulating the dopaminergic and noradrenergic neurotransmission within discrete brain regions. ..
- Suarez J, Rivera P, Llorente R, Romero Zerbo S, Bermudez Silva F, de Fonseca F, et al. Early maternal deprivation induces changes on the expression of 2-AG biosynthesis and degradation enzymes in neonatal rat hippocampus. Brain Res. 2010;1349:162-73 pubmed publisher..These data support a clear association between neurodevelopmental stress and dysregulation of the endocannabinoid system. This association may be relevant for schizophrenia and other neurodevelopmental psychiatric disorders. ..
- Rivera A, Trías S, Peñafiel A, Angel Narváez J, Diaz Cabiale Z, Moratalla R, et al. Expression of D4 dopamine receptors in striatonigral and striatopallidal neurons in the rat striatum. Brain Res. 2003;989:35-41 pubmed..Striatal interneurons were not found to express D(4) receptors. These results demonstrate that D(4) receptors are located almost exclusively in striatal projection neurons, in both striatonigral and striatopallidal neurons. ..
- Khan Z, Gutierrez A. Distribution of C-terminal splice variant of G alpha i2 in rat and monkey brain. Neuroscience. 2004;127:833-43 pubmed..Moreover, the frequent localization of sGi2 protein in neck of spines further suggests that this protein may not engage directly in neuronal signal transmission but could influence other participating proteins of this process. ..
- Andrades J, Motaung S, Jiménez Palomo P, Claros S, López Puerta J, Becerra J, et al. Induction of superficial zone protein (SZP)/lubricin/PRG 4 in muscle-derived mesenchymal stem/progenitor cells by transforming growth factor-?1 and bone morphogenetic protein-7. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R72 pubmed publisher
- Moya García A, Ruiz Pernía J, Martí S, Sanchez Jimenez F, Tuñón I. Analysis of the decarboxylation step in mammalian histidine decarboxylase. A computational study. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12393-401 pubmed publisher..Our analysis also offers a validation of Dunathan's hypothesis (Dunathan, H. (1966) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 55, 712-716) regarding the role of stereoelectronic effects in the enzymatic decarboxylation process. ..
- Olalla L, Gutierrez A, Campos J, Khan Z, Alonso F, Segura J, et al. Nuclear localization of L-type glutaminase in mammalian brain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38939-44 pubmed