Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Málaga, Andalusia, Spain
Locale: Málaga, Andalusia, Spain
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Martínez Poveda B, Quesada A, Medina M. Hypericin in the dark inhibits key steps of angiogenesis in vitro. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005;516:97-103 pubmed
- Diaz Rosales P, Salinas I, Rodriguez A, Cuesta A, Chabrillón M, Balebona M, et al. Gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata L.) innate immune response after dietary administration of heat-inactivated potential probiotics. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2006;20:482-92 pubmed..Cytotoxic activity had significantly increased after 3 weeks in fish fed the 51M6 diet. These results are discussed in terms of the usefulness of incorporating inactivated probiotic bacteria into fish diets. ..
- González Correa J, De La Cruz J. Triflusal: an antiplatelet drug with a neuroprotective effect?. Cardiovasc Drug Rev. 2006;24:11-24 pubmed..Because of its pharmacodynamic properties and lower rate of adverse reactions, triflusal may be a useful alternative to acetylsalicylic acid in the prevention of stroke. ..
- Parrado C, Diaz Cabiale Z, García Coronel M, Agnati L, Covenas R, Fuxe K, et al. Region specific galanin receptor/neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor interactions in the tel- and diencephalon of the rat. Relevance for food consumption. Neuropharmacology. 2007;52:684-92 pubmed..In contrast, a facilitatory interaction between GALR and Y1 receptors exists in the amygdala which may be of relevance for fear related behaviour. ..
- Tome M, Moreira E, Pérez Fígares J, Jimenez A. Presence of D1- and D2-like dopamine receptors in the rat, mouse and bovine multiciliated ependyma. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2007;114:983-94 pubmed..Immunoblotting demonstrated similar immunoreactive bands for all receptor subtypes in both ependymal and corpus striatum membrane extracts. ..
- Flores Moya A, Costas E, Lopez Rodas V. Roles of adaptation, chance and history in the evolution of the dinoflagellate Prorocentrum triestinum. Naturwissenschaften. 2008;95:697-703 pubmed publisher..triestinum showed a significant increase whereas a decrease in mean cell size was found. The changes in fitness have adaptive value, but the changes in cell size were due to both adaptation and the contribution of chance-plus-history. ..
- Vela C, Diaz Cabiale Z, Parrado C, Narvaez M, Covenas R, Narvaez J. Involvement of oxytocin in the nucleus tractus solitarii on central cardiovascular control: interactions with glutamate. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;61:59-65 pubmed..In fact, the modulation of GLU responses by OT supports the importance of OT on the central cardiovascular adjustments likely acting on the baroreceptor reflex sensitivity. ..
- Perez Martin M, Cifuentes M, Grondona J, Lopez Avalos M, Gomez Pinedo U, Garcia Verdugo J, et al. IGF-I stimulates neurogenesis in the hypothalamus of adult rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:1533-48 pubmed publisher..Both features are typical of neurogenic niches in other brain zones, suggesting that the central overlapping zone of the rat hypothalamic wall could be considered a neurogenic niche in response to IGF-I. ..
- Herrera Gutiérrez M, Seller Perez G, Quesada García G, Granados M, Dominguez J, Gómez Villamandos R. [Development of a septic shock experimental model oriented at training. Application in the training of depuration techniques in the management of severe sepsis]. Med Intensiva. 2011;35:84-91 pubmed publisher..It is useful for training in the high-volume hemofiltration (HVHF) and can be used for training in the early management of septic shock. ..
- Romero Zerbo S, Rafacho A, Diaz Arteaga A, Suarez J, Quesada I, Imbernon M, et al. A role for the putative cannabinoid receptor GPR55 in the islets of Langerhans. J Endocrinol. 2011;211:177-85 pubmed publisher..In this context, it may also represent a new target for consideration in the management of type 2 diabetes and related diseases. ..
- Gil J, Aranda J, Mérida Casermeiro E, Ujaldón M. Efficient biomarkers for the characterization of bone tissue. Int j numer method biomed eng. 2012;28:1184-97 pubmed publisher..Overall, safranin blue reveals as the best staining and multilayer perceptron as the most effective classifier. ..
- Gomez E, Mayorga C, Gomez F, Blazquez A, Diaz Perales A, Blanca M, et al. Food allergy: management, diagnosis and treatment strategies. Immunotherapy. 2013;5:755-68 pubmed publisher..Other treatments such as anti-IgE monoclonal antibody therapy, adjuvant therapy and Chinese herbs will also be described. ..
- Fernández Llebrez P, Miranda E, Estivill Torrus G, Cifuentes M, Grondona J, Lopez Avalos M, et al. Analysis and quantification of the secretory products of the subcommissural organ by use of monoclonal antibodies. Microsc Res Tech. 2001;52:510-9 pubmed..It is concluded that all Mabs raised in our laboratory are directed against non-repeated sequences of RF-glycoproteins that have not been conserved in vertebrate phylogeny. ..
- Olalla L, Gutierrez A, Campos J, Khan Z, Alonso F, Segura J, et al. Nuclear localization of L-type glutaminase in mammalian brain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38939-44 pubmed
- Martínez Poveda B, Quesada A, Medina M. Hyperforin, a bio-active compound of St. John's Wort, is a new inhibitor of angiogenesis targeting several key steps of the process. Int J Cancer. 2005;117:775-80 pubmed
- Martín Rufián M, Segura J, Lobo C, Matés J, Marquez J, Alonso F. Identification of genes downregulated in tumor cells expressing antisense glutaminase mRNA by differential display. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:54-8 pubmed..Our results show the validity of mRNA differential display technique to get insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying the acquisition of a more differentiated phenotype by tumor cells after inhibition of glutaminase expression. ..
- Páez P, Batiz L, Roales Buján R, Rodríguez Pérez L, Rodriguez S, Jiménez A, et al. Patterned neuropathologic events occurring in hyh congenital hydrocephalic mutant mice. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2007;66:1082-92 pubmed..All evidence collected on hydrocephalic hyh mutant mice indicates that a primary alteration in the neuroepithelium/ependyma cell lineage triggers both hydrocephalus and abnormalities in telencephalic development. ..
- Real M, Heredia R, Labrador M, Dávila J, Guirado S. Expression of somatostatin and neuropeptide Y in the embryonic, postnatal, and adult mouse amygdalar complex. J Comp Neurol. 2009;513:335-48 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that the anterior entopeduncular area-derived SOM- and NPY-containing neurons in pallial and subpallial amygdaloid nuclei become local interneurons and projection neurons, respectively. ..
- Diaz Cabiale Z, Parrado C, Narvaez M, Puigcerver A, Millón C, Santín L, et al. Galanin receptor/Neuropeptide Y receptor interactions in the dorsal raphe nucleus of the rat. Neuropharmacology. 2011;61:80-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the existence of antagonistic interactions between GAL receptors and NPY Y1 receptors in the DRN that may be of relevance in mood disorders. ..
- Navas Castillo J, Fiallo Olivé E, Sanchez Campos S. Emerging virus diseases transmitted by whiteflies. Annu Rev Phytopathol. 2011;49:219-48 pubmed publisher..The role of humans in increasing the emergence of virus diseases is obvious, and the effect that climate change may have in the future is unclear. ..
- Rodriguez López M, Garzo E, Bonani J, Fereres A, Fernández Muñoz R, Moriones E. Whitefly resistance traits derived from the wild tomato Solanum pimpinellifolium affect the preference and feeding behavior of Bemisia tabaci and reduce the spread of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus. Phytopathology. 2011;101:1191-201 pubmed publisher..Such behavior resulted in a reduced ability to reach the phloem. The superficial type of resistance observed in ABL 14-8 against B. tabaci probing significantly reduced primary and secondary spread of TYLCV. ..
- Castilla Ortega E, Pedraza C, Chun J, de Fonseca F, Estivill Torrus G, Santin L. Hippocampal c-Fos activation in normal and LPA?-null mice after two object recognition tasks with different memory demands. Behav Brain Res. 2012;232:400-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, results also stress the role of the LPA? receptor in hippocampal functioning. ..
- Carmona R, Cano E, Mattiotti A, Gaztambide J, Muñoz Chápuli R. Cells derived from the coelomic epithelium contribute to multiple gastrointestinal tissues in mouse embryos. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55890 pubmed publisher..Coelomic-derived cells contribute to the differentiation of at least a part of the interstitial cells of Cajal. ..
- Rivera P, Perez Martin M, Pavón F, Serrano A, Crespillo A, Cifuentes M, et al. Pharmacological administration of the isoflavone daidzein enhances cell proliferation and reduces high fat diet-induced apoptosis and gliosis in the rat hippocampus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64750 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that pharmacological treatment with isoflavones regulates metabolic alterations associated with enhancement of cell proliferation and reduction of apoptosis and gliosis in response to high-fat diet. ..
- Ross P, Canovas S. Mechanisms of epigenetic remodelling during preimplantation development. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2016;28:25-40 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to highlight recent progress made in understanding the nature and mechanisms of epigenetic remodelling that ensue after fertilisation. ..
- Aguirre J, Andbjer B, Gonzalez Baron S, Hansson A, Stromberg I, Agnati L, et al. Group I mGluR antagonist AIDA protects nigral DA cells from MPTP-induced injury. Neuroreport. 2001;12:2615-7 pubmed..The results suggest that group I mGluR antagonists may have a neuroprotective role against MPTP-induced degeneration of DA neurons and thus probably also against neurodegenerative processes occurring in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ferrer B, Asbrock N, Kathuria S, Piomelli D, Giuffrida A. Effects of levodopa on endocannabinoid levels in rat basal ganglia: implications for the treatment of levodopa-induced dyskinesias. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:1607-14 pubmed..These results indicate that a deficiency in endocannabinoid transmission may contribute to levodopa-induced dyskinesias and that these complications may be alleviated by activation of CB1 receptors. ..
- Bermúdez Silva F, Leon Quinto T, Martin F, Soria B, Nadal A, Perez J, et al. Bovine subcommissural organ displays spontaneous and synchronous intracellular calcium oscillations. Brain Res. 2003;977:90-6 pubmed
- Peran M, Hooper H, Rayner S, Stephenson F, Salas R. GABAA receptor alpha1 and alpha6 subunits mediate cell surface anchoring in cultured cells. Neurosci Lett. 2004;364:67-70 pubmed..We show that the alpha1 and alpha6 subunits immobilize recombinant GABAAR in transfected cells. This is consistent with the immobility of native receptors in CG cells, which express alpha1 and alpha6. ..
- Fernández Llebrez P, Grondona J, Perez J, López Aranda M, Estivill Torrus G, Llebrez Zayas P, et al. Msx1-deficient mice fail to form prosomere 1 derivatives, subcommissural organ, and posterior commissure and develop hydrocephalus. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2004;63:574-86 pubmed..This suggests that Msx1 is necessary for the synthesis of SCO glycoproteins, which would then be required for the maintenance of an open aqueduct. ..
- Cippitelli A, Bilbao A, Hansson A, del Arco I, Sommer W, Heilig M, et al. Cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonism reduces conditioned reinstatement of ethanol-seeking behavior in rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:2243-51 pubmed..In addition, current pharmacological and neuroanatomical data suggest that an altered function of the CB1 receptor system exists between genetically selected alcohol-preferring msP rats and a heterogeneous animal population. ..
- Alonso F, Segura J, Lora J, Lobo C, Fernández Molina B, Marquez J, et al. Sensitisation of Ehrlich ascitic tumour cells to methotrexate by inhibiting glutaminase. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:3315-20 pubmed..These results provide insights into the possible role of glutaminase in cancer therapy by demonstrating that the expression of antisense mRNA for glutaminase decreases chemoresistance to some pro-apoptotic agents. ..
- Mayas M, Ramírez Expósito M, García López M, Carrera M, Martínez Martos J. Chronic ethanol intake modifies pyrrolidon carboxypeptidase activity in mouse frontal cortex synaptosomes under resting and K+ -stimulated conditions: role of calcium. Neurosci Lett. 2008;439:75-8 pubmed publisher..Our data may also indicate that active peptides and their degrading peptidases are released together to the synaptic cleft to regulate the neurotransmitter/neuromodulator functions of these peptides, through a Ca2+ -dependent mechanism. ..
- Melgarejo E, Urdiales J, Sanchez Jimenez F, Medina M. Targeting polyamines and biogenic amines by green tea epigallocatechin-3-gallate. Amino Acids. 2010;38:519-23 pubmed publisher..Herein, we review the specific effects of EGCG on concrete molecular targets of both biogenic amine and polyamine metabolic pathways, and discuss the relevance of these data to support the potential therapeutic interest of this compound...
- Matés J, Segura J, Alonso F, Marquez J. Roles of dioxins and heavy metals in cancer and neurological diseases using ROS-mediated mechanisms. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;49:1328-41 pubmed publisher..Copper also has been shown to have an important role in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer disease, Parkinson disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. ..
- Duran I, Marí Beffa M, Santamaria J, Becerra J, Santos Ruiz L. Actinotrichia collagens and their role in fin formation. Dev Biol. 2011;354:160-72 pubmed publisher..The unique collagen composition of actinotrichia may play a role in fin skeleton morphogenesis. ..
- Castilla Ortega E, Hoyo Becerra C, Pedraza C, Chun J, Rodriguez de Fonseca F, Estivill Torrus G, et al. Aggravation of chronic stress effects on hippocampal neurogenesis and spatial memory in LPA? receptor knockout mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25522 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of the LPA? receptor pathway may be of interest with respect to the treatment of stress-induced hippocampal pathology. ..
- Vida M, Serrano A, Romero Cuevas M, Pavón F, Gonzalez Rodriguez A, Gavito A, et al. IL-6 cooperates with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-?-ligands to induce liver fatty acid binding protein (LFABP) up-regulation. Liver Int. 2013;33:1019-28 pubmed publisher..These effects may have important implications in the postprandial increase in FA uptake and intracellular trafficking in the liver. ..
- Queipo Ortuño M, Seoane L, Murri M, Pardo M, Gómez Zumaquero J, Cardona F, et al. Gut microbiota composition in male rat models under different nutritional status and physical activity and its association with serum leptin and ghrelin levels. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65465 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the associations between gut microbiota and appetite-regulating hormones that may be important in terms of satiety and host metabolism. ..
- Gago B, Fuxe K, Brene S, Diaz Cabiale Z, Reina Sánchez M, Suárez Boomgaard D, et al. Early modulation by the dopamine D4 receptor of morphine-induced changes in the opioid peptide systems in the rat caudate putamen. J Neurosci Res. 2013;91:1533-40 pubmed publisher..The current results present evidence of functional D4 -? opioid receptor interactions, with consequences for the opioid peptide mRNA levels in the rat CPu, contributing to the integration of DA and opioid peptide signaling. ..
- Fernández Llebrez P, Perez J, Nadales A, Pérez Fígares J, Rodriguez E. Vascular and leptomeningeal projections of the subcommissural organ in reptiles. Lectin-histochemical, immunocytochemical, and ultrastructural studies. Histochemistry. 1987;87:607-14 pubmed..The probable fate of this material, i.e., release to the perivascular and leptomeningeal spaces or transport to the ventricular cell pole, is discussed. ..
- Diaz Cabiale Z, Parrado C, Vela C, Coveñas R, Yanaihara N, Fuxe K, et al. Intracisternal galanin/angiotensin II interactions in central cardiovascular control. Regul Pept. 2005;127:133-40 pubmed
- Alonso M, Cano I, Garcia Rosado E, Castro D, Lamas J, Barja J, et al. Isolation of lymphocystis disease virus from sole, Solea senegalensis Kaup, and blackspot sea bream, Pagellus bogaraveo (Brunnich). J Fish Dis. 2005;28:221-8 pubmed..Molecular confirmation was performed by polymerase chain reaction. Specific primers for LCDV produced a 270-bp DNA fragment, the expected size for LCDV. ..
- Moya García A, Ruiz Pernía J, Martí S, Sanchez Jimenez F, Tuñón I. Analysis of the decarboxylation step in mammalian histidine decarboxylase. A computational study. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12393-401 pubmed publisher..Our analysis also offers a validation of Dunathan's hypothesis (Dunathan, H. (1966) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 55, 712-716) regarding the role of stereoelectronic effects in the enzymatic decarboxylation process. ..
- Mates J, Segura J, Alonso F, Marquez J. Natural antioxidants: therapeutic prospects for cancer and neurological diseases. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2009;9:1202-14 pubmed..This mini-review will provide an updated revision of the function of some natural compounds having main roles in antioxidant function. We will point on some phytochemicals working at two outstanding targets, tumour cells and neurons. ..
- Bellido I, Diaz Cabiale Z, Jiménez Vasquez P, Andbjer B, Mathe A, Fuxe K. Increased density of galanin binding sites in the dorsal raphe in a genetic rat model of depression. Neurosci Lett. 2002;317:101-5 pubmed..The results indicate that enhancement of galanin receptor function in the dorsal raphe rich in 5-HT neurons could be a mechanism involved in the production of depressive-like activity in this animal model of depression. ..
- Perez Martin M, Cifuentes M, Grondona J, Bermudez Silva F, Arrabal P, Pérez Fígares J, et al. Neurogenesis in explants from the walls of the lateral ventricle of adult bovine brain: role of endogenous IGF-1 as a survival factor. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:205-11 pubmed
- Fern ndez Trujillo M, Garc a Rosado E, Alonso M, Borrego J, Alvarez M, B jar J. In vitro inhibition of sole aquabirnavirus by Senegalese sole Mx. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;24:187-93 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to our understanding of fish antiviral mechanisms and open the possibility of using this protein as a tool for fighting viral infections in aquaculture...
- De Diego Otero Y, Romero Zerbo Y, El Bekay R, Decara J, Sanchez L, Rodriguez de Fonseca F, et al. Alpha-tocopherol protects against oxidative stress in the fragile X knockout mouse: an experimental therapeutic approach for the Fmr1 deficiency. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2009;34:1011-26 pubmed publisher..The restoration of the oxidative status in the fragile X mouse emerges as a new and promising approach for further therapeutic research in fragile X syndrome. ..
- de la Rosa V, Campos Sandoval J, Martín Rufián M, Cardona C, Matés J, Segura J, et al. A novel glutaminase isoform in mammalian tissues. Neurochem Int. 2009;55:76-84 pubmed publisher..We present convergent evidence supporting the existence of a novel glutaminase isozyme in mammalian tissues. ..
- Carmona R, Cano E, Grueso E, Ruiz Villalba A, Bera T, Gaztambide J, et al. Peritoneal repairing cells: a type of bone marrow derived progenitor cells involved in mesothelial regeneration. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1200-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results constitute a synthesis of the different scenarios hitherto proposed about peritoneal regeneration, particularly recruitment of circulating progenitor cells and adhesion of free-floating coelomic cells. ..
- Durán I, Marí Beffa M, Santamaría J, Becerra J, Santos Ruiz L. Freeze substitution followed by low melting point wax embedding preserves histomorphology and allows protein and mRNA localization techniques. Microsc Res Tech. 2011;74:440-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CryoWax has been tested for in situ hybridization application, obtaining positive results...
- Figueirido B, Serrano Alarcón F, Slater G, Palmqvist P. Shape at the cross-roads: homoplasy and history in the evolution of the carnivoran skull towards herbivory. J Evol Biol. 2010;23:2579-94 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that both historical constraints and adaptation have interplayed in the evolution towards herbivory of the carnivoran skull, which has resulted in repeated patterns of biomechanical homoplasy...
- Acevedo P, Melo Ferreira J, Real R, Alves P. Past, present and future distributions of an Iberian Endemic, Lepus granatensis: ecological and evolutionary clues from species distribution models. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51529 pubmed publisher..Given its current environmental envelope and evolutionary history, we discuss the macroecology of the Iberian hare and its sensitivity to climate change. ..
- García Vilas J, Quesada A, Medina M. 4-methylumbelliferone inhibits angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:4063-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that 4-MU may have potential as a new candidate multitargeted bioactive compound for antiangiogenic therapy. ..
- Pradiee J, O BRIEN E, Esteso M, Castano C, Toledano Díaz A, Lopez Sebastian A, et al. Effect of shortening the prefreezing equilibration time with glycerol on the quality of chamois (Rupicapra pyrenaica), ibex (Capra pyrenaica), mouflon (Ovis musimon) and aoudad (Ammotragus lervia) ejaculates. Anim Reprod Sci. 2016;171:121-8 pubmed publisher..While the equilibration time for chamois sperm might be shortened, this appears not to be the case for all ungulates. ..
- Heredia R, Real M, Suarez J, Guirado S, Dávila J. A proposed homology between the reptilian dorsomedial thalamic nucleus and the mammalian paraventricular thalamic nucleus. Brain Res Bull. 2002;57:443-5 pubmed..Both represent an important relay station in pathways connecting the hypothalamus with telencephalic areas involved in visceral and motivational aspects of behavior, such as nucleus accumbens and the central amygdala. ..
- Olmo M, Sanchez Jimenez F, Medina M, Hayashi H. Spectroscopic analysis of recombinant rat histidine decarboxylase. J Biochem. 2002;132:433-9 pubmed
- Khan Z, Gutierrez A. Distribution of C-terminal splice variant of G alpha i2 in rat and monkey brain. Neuroscience. 2004;127:833-43 pubmed..Moreover, the frequent localization of sGi2 protein in neck of spines further suggests that this protein may not engage directly in neuronal signal transmission but could influence other participating proteins of this process. ..
- Dávila J, Olmos L, Legaz I, Medina L, Guirado S, Real M. Dynamic patterns of colocalization of calbindin, parvalbumin and GABA in subpopulations of mouse basolateral amygdalar cells during development. J Chem Neuroanat. 2008;35:67-76 pubmed..These results are important for interpreting data from interneuron migration. ..
- García Rosado E, Cano I, Martin Antonio B, Labella A, Manchado M, Alonso M, et al. Co-occurrence of viral and bacterial pathogens in disease outbreaks affecting newly cultured sparid fish. Int Microbiol. 2007;10:193-9 pubmed..VNNV was isolated from the three fish species under study in five different outbreaks, whereas VHSV was isolated from common seabream and white seabream during two of these outbreaks. IPNV was not detected in any case. ..
- Jagemann L, Pérez Rivas L, Ruiz E, Ranea J, Sanchez Jimenez F, Nebreda A, et al. The functional interaction of 14-3-3 proteins with the ERK1/2 scaffold KSR1 occurs in an isoform-specific manner. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17450-62 pubmed publisher..In sum, we have demonstrated ligand discrimination among 14-3-3 isoforms and shed light on molecular mechanisms of 14-3-3 functional specificity and KSR1 regulation. ..
- Andrade R, Agundez J, Lucena M, Martinez C, Cueto R, Garcia Martin E. Pharmacogenomics in drug induced liver injury. Curr Drug Metab. 2009;10:956-70 pubmed..We identify potential sources of heterogeneity in studies carried out so far as well as new genetic targets which require further investigation. ..
- Crespillo A, Suarez J, Bermudez Silva F, Rivera P, Vida M, Alonso M, et al. Expression of the cannabinoid system in muscle: effects of a high-fat diet and CB1 receptor blockade. Biochem J. 2011;433:175-85 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results of the present study indicate a diet-sensitive ECS in skeletal muscle, suggesting that blockade of CB1 receptors could work towards restoration of the metabolic adaption imposed by diet. ..
- Ruiz Perez M, Sanchez Jimenez F, Quesada A, Medina M. A re-evaluation of the mitogenic effect of serotonin on vascular endothelial cells. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2011;25:13-20 pubmed..By using three different types of endothelial cells and three experimental approaches, we demonstrate that serotonin cannot be considered a general mitogen for endothelial cells. ..
- Gago B, Suárez Boomgaard D, Fuxe K, Brene S, Reina Sánchez M, Rodríguez Pérez L, et al. Effect of acute and continuous morphine treatment on transcription factor expression in subregions of the rat caudate putamen. Marked modulation by D4 receptor activation. Brain Res. 2011;1407:47-61 pubmed publisher..The change in the transcription factor expression by D(4)R/MOR interactions in turn suggests a modulation of neuronal activity in the CPu that could be of relevance for drug addiction. ..
- Alonso M, Serrano A, Vida M, Crespillo A, Hernandez Folgado L, Jagerovic N, et al. Anti-obesity efficacy of LH-21, a cannabinoid CB(1) receptor antagonist with poor brain penetration, in diet-induced obese rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;165:2274-91 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that treatment with the peripherally neutral acting CB(1) receptor antagonist, LH-21, may promote weight loss through modulation of visceral adipose tissue. ..
- Khan Z, Gutierrez A, Martin R, Penafiel A, Rivera A, De la Calle A. Dopamine D5 receptors of rat and human brain. Neuroscience. 2000;100:689-99 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of D5 receptors in the areas of dopamine pathways suggests that this receptor may participate actively in dopaminergic neurotransmission. ..
- Alonso M, Cano I, Castro D, Perez Prieto S, Borrego J. Development of an in situ hybridisation procedure for the detection of sole aquabirnavirus in infected fish cell cultures. J Virol Methods. 2004;116:133-8 pubmed..i.) in the cytoplasm of infected BF-2 cells inoculated with 10(3) TCID50/ml, whilst the labelling appears at 24h p.i. when the immunofluorescence technique was applied. At all other time intervals the results were equivalent...
- Arijo S, Rico R, Chabrillon M, Diaz Rosales P, Martínez Manzanares E, Balebona M, et al. Effectiveness of a divalent vaccine for sole, Solea senegalensis (Kaup), against Vibrio harveyi and Photobacterium damselae subsp. piscicida. J Fish Dis. 2005;28:33-8 pubmed..The high protection afforded by the divalent vaccine in sole lasted for 4 months after which the RPS values against both pathogens decreased significantly...
- Antunez C, Mayorga C, Corzo J, Jurado A, Torres M. Two year follow-up of immunological response in mite-allergic children treated with sublingual immunotherapy. Comparison with subcutaneous administration. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2008;19:210-8 pubmed publisher..Whether SLIT induces a mucosal protective response should be studied...
- Pavón F, Serrano A, Perez Valero V, Jagerovic N, Hernandez Folgado L, Bermudez Silva F, et al. Central versus peripheral antagonism of cannabinoid CB1 receptor in obesity: effects of LH-21, a peripherally acting neutral cannabinoid receptor antagonist, in Zucker rats. J Neuroendocrinol. 2008;20 Suppl 1:116-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the inverse agonism and/or the antagonism of central cannabinoid CB(1) receptors are necessary for the metabolic benefits of cannabinoid CB(1) receptor blockade, but not for the appetite reduction...
- Claros S, Alonso M, Becerra J, Andrades J. Selection and induction of rat skeletal muscle-derived cells to the chondro-osteogenic lineage. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2008;54:1-10 pubmed..In this respect SMDCs resemble BM stromal cells (BMSCs) and have demonstrated a potential application for cartilage and bone tissue engineering. ..
- Baglietto Vargas D, Moreno Gonzalez I, Sanchez Varo R, Jimenez S, Trujillo Estrada L, Sanchez Mejias E, et al. Calretinin interneurons are early targets of extracellular amyloid-beta pathology in PS1/AbetaPP Alzheimer mice hippocampus. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;21:119-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, early alterations of hippocampal inhibitory functionality in AD, caused by select CR-cells neurodegeneration, could result in cognitive impairments seen in initial stages of the disease. ..
- Sarria E, Palomares Rius F, López Sesé A, Heredia A, Gómez Guillamón M. Role of leaf glandular trichomes of melon plants in deterrence of Aphis gossypii Glover. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2010;12:503-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a high density of glandular trichomes and chemicals secreted by them deter A. gossypii and disturb aphid settling on TGR-1551. ..
- Crespillo A, Alonso M, Vida M, Pavón F, Serrano A, Rivera P, et al. Reduction of body weight, liver steatosis and expression of stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 by the isoflavone daidzein in diet-induced obesity. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;164:1899-915 pubmed publisher..These results support the use of isoflavones in diet-induced obesity, especially when hepatic steatosis is present and open a new field of use for these natural products. ..
- Garcia Fernandez M, Sierra I, Puche J, Guerra L, Castilla Cortazar I. Liver mitochondrial dysfunction is reverted by insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) in aging rats. J Transl Med. 2011;9:123 pubmed publisher..The cytoprotective effects of IGF-II are related to mitochondrial protection leading to increased ATP production reducing free radical generation, oxidative damage and apoptosis. ..
- Cifuentes M, Perez Martin M, Grondona J, Lopez Avalos M, Inagaki N, Granados Durán P, et al. A comparative analysis of intraperitoneal versus intracerebroventricular administration of bromodeoxyuridine for the study of cell proliferation in the adult rat brain. J Neurosci Methods. 2011;201:307-14 pubmed publisher..By using double immunocytochemistry we found that neurons, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, tanycytes and microglia had incorporated the tracer, demonstrating their proliferation capacity. ..
- Cano E, Carmona R, Muñoz Chápuli R. Wt1-expressing progenitors contribute to multiple tissues in the developing lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L322-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a novel role for the embryonic mesothelium-derived cells in lung morphogenesis and involve the Wilms' tumor suppressor gene in the development of this organ. ..
- Figueirido B, Tseng Z, Martín Serra A. Skull shape evolution in durophagous carnivorans. Evolution. 2013;67:1975-93 pubmed publisher..Published studies of teratological cats and dogs indicate that the role of internal constraints in shaping this pattern of integration is absent or weak and malleable by selection. ..
- Murciano C, Fernandez T, Duran I, Maseda D, Ruiz Sanchez J, Becerra J, et al. Ray-interray interactions during fin regeneration of Danio rerio. Dev Biol. 2002;252:214-24 pubmed
- Villena A, Diaz F, Vidal L, Moreno M, Perez De Vargas I. Quantitative age-related changes in NADPH-diaphorase-positive neurons in the ventral lateral geniculate nucleus. Neurosci Res. 2003;46:63-72 pubmed..Finally, the type C neurons modify their size and dendritic process. ..
- Arijo S, Balebona C, Martinez Manzanares E, Moriñigo M. Immune response of gilt-head seabream (Sparus aurata) to antigens from Photobacterium damselae subsp. piscicida. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2004;16:65-70 pubmed