Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Pohang, Gyeongsangbuk do, South Korea
Locale: Pohang, Gyeongsangbuk do, South Korea
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Joung H, Kim B, Park H, Lee K, Kim H, Sim H, et al. Fermented Moringa oleifera Decreases Hepatic Adiposity and Ameliorates Glucose Intolerance in High-Fat Diet-Induced Obese Mice. J Med Food. 2017;20:439-447 pubmed publisher..FMs may decrease glucose intolerance and NAFLD under HFD-induced obesity by decreasing ER stress, oxidative stress, and inflammation. ..
- Cho C, Lee S, Shin H, Philipson K, Lee C. Partial rescue of the Na+-Ca2+ exchanger (NCX1) knock-out mouse by transgenic expression of NCX1. Exp Mol Med. 2003;35:125-35 pubmed..The results suggest that defects in extra-embryonic compartments are causal to the lethality, and that NCX1 may play an important role in establishing vascularization in extra-embryonic tissues. ..
- Ji Y, Kim H, Park H, Lee J, Yeo S, Yang J, et al. Modulation of the murine microbiome with a concomitant anti-obesity effect by Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Lactobacillus sakei NR28. Benef Microbes. 2012;3:13-22 pubmed publisher..studied. ..
- Park S, Namkoong H, Doh J, Choi J, Yang B, Park Y, et al. Negative role of inducible PD-1 on survival of activated dendritic cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2014;95:621-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings further extend the function of PD-1, which plays an important role in apoptosis of activated DCs and provides important implications for PD-1-mediated immune regulation. ..
- Sugawara R, Lee E, Jang M, Jeun E, Hong C, Kim J, et al. Small intestinal eosinophils regulate Th17 cells by producing IL-1 receptor antagonist. J Exp Med. 2016;213:555-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that small intestinal eosinophils play a pivotal role in the maintenance of intestinal homeostasis by regulating Th17 cells via production of IL-1Ra. ..
- Jeong H, Bhin J, Joon Kim H, Hwang D, Ryul Lee D, Kim K. Transcriptional regulatory networks underlying the reprogramming of spermatogonial stem cells to multipotent stem cells. Exp Mol Med. 2017;49:e315 pubmed publisher..Our TRNs provide a model for the temporally coordinated transcriptional regulation of pluripotency-related processes during the SSC-to-mSSC reprogramming, which can be further tested in detailed functional studies. ..
- Kang T, Song S, Yoon T, Yoo Y, Lee K, Her E, et al. Isolation and characterization of two Korean mistletoe lectins. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:959-65 pubmed..5 times better than the KML-IIU. The results demonstrated isolectins in Korean mistletoe were varied in bioactivities and the KML-IIL may be developed as an anti-cancer agent...
- Park H, Hong J, Kwon H, Kim Y, Lee K, Kim J, et al. TLR4-mediated activation of mouse macrophages by Korean mistletoe lectin-C (KML-C). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:721-5 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that KML-C activates mouse macrophages to secrete TNF-alpha by interacting with the TLR4 molecule and activating its signaling pathways...
- Park K, Choi K, Kim Y, Hong B, Kim O, Kim J, et al. Outer membrane vesicles derived from Escherichia coli induce systemic inflammatory response syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11334 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed a previously unidentified causative microbial signal in the pathogenesis of sepsis, suggesting OMVs as a new therapeutic target to prevent and/or treat severe sepsis caused by Gram-negative bacterial infection. ..
- Chang J, Choi S, Jin H, Sung Y, Braciale T. Improved effector activity and memory CD8 T cell development by IL-2 expression during experimental respiratory syncytial virus infection. J Immunol. 2004;172:503-8 pubmed..Thus, our results show that IL-2 has potential to be used as a vaccine adjuvant against RSV infection. ..
- Chang J, Cho J, Lee S, Choi S, Ha S, Sung Y. IL-12 priming during in vitro antigenic stimulation changes properties of CD8 T cells and increases generation of effector and memory cells. J Immunol. 2004;172:2818-26 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that IL-12 can serve as an important, but dispensable regulatory factor for the development of CD8 T cells, and IL-12 priming could be useful in many medical applications. ..
- Koo B, Yoon K, Yoo K, Lim H, Song R, So J, et al. Mind bomb-2 is an E3 ligase for Notch ligand. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22335-42 pubmed..These data suggest that Mib2 has functional similarities to Mib1, but might have distinct roles in Notch signaling as an E3 ubiquitin ligase. ..
- Lim Y, Yoo J, Kim M, Hur M, Lee E, Hur H, et al. GC1118, an Anti-EGFR Antibody with a Distinct Binding Epitope and Superior Inhibitory Activity against High-Affinity EGFR Ligands. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:251-63 pubmed publisher..Mol Cancer Ther; 15(2); 251-63. Â©2015 AACR. ..
- Suh B, Kim J, Namgung U, Han S, Kim K. Selective inhibition of beta(2)-adrenergic receptor-mediated cAMP generation by activation of the P2Y(2) receptor in mouse pineal gland tumor cells. J Neurochem. 2001;77:1475-85 pubmed..We conclude that one of the functions of P2Y(2) receptors on the pineal gland is the selective inhibition of beta-adrenergic receptor-mediated signaling pathways via the inhibitory G-proteins. ..
- Kim Y, Hong S, Choi J, Shin T, Moon H, Choi E, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor is a key mediator in the development of T cell priming and its polarization to type 1 and type 17 T helper cells in the airways. J Immunol. 2009;183:5113-20 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that VEGF produced by LPS plays a key role in activation of naive T cells and subsequent polarization to Th1 and Th17 cells. ..
- Kim Y, Choi E, Lee W, Choi S, Roh T, Park J, et al. Extracellular vesicles, especially derived from Gram-negative bacteria, in indoor dust induce neutrophilic pulmonary inflammation associated with both Th1 and Th17 cell responses. Clin Exp Allergy. 2013;43:443-54 pubmed publisher..Indoor dust EV, especially derived from Gram-negative bacteria, is a possible causative agent of neutrophilic airway diseases. ..
- Yang Y, Song M, Lee H, Jeon Y, Choi E, Jang H, et al. O-GlcNAcase is essential for embryonic development and maintenance of genomic stability. Aging Cell. 2012;11:439-48 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an important role for O-GlcNAc cycling by OGA in embryonic development and the regulation of the maintenance of genomic stability linked to the aging process. ..
- Lee S, Jeong J, Park Y, Kwak Y, Lee S, Lee H, et al. Valproate alters dopamine signaling in association with induction of Par-4 protein expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45618 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that VPA potentiates DRD2 activity by enhancing Par-4 expression via a chromatin remodeling mechanism. ..
- Youn J, Park S, Jin H, Lee C, Seo S, Song M, et al. Enhanced delivery efficiency of recombinant adenovirus into tumor and mesenchymal stem cells by a novel PTD. Cancer Gene Ther. 2008;15:703-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest that HP4 could be utilized to improve the transduction efficiency of rAd, resulting in enhanced efficacy of rAd-mediated gene therapy, especially for ex vivo-transduced cell therapy. ..
- Ahn S, Jeon B, Kim K, Kwack J, Lee E, Park K, et al. Mtb32 is a promising tuberculosis antigen for DNA vaccination in pre- and post-exposure mouse models. Gene Ther. 2012;19:570-5 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis. These data collectively indicate that the F-Mtb32 DNA vaccine confers the most efficient protective immunity that suppresses bacterial growth in the active or latent status of M. tuberculosis. ..
- Ha S, Park S, Kim H, Kim S, Kang H, Lee E, et al. Enhanced immunogenicity and protective efficacy with the use of interleukin-12-encapsulated microspheres plus AS01B in tuberculosis subunit vaccination. Infect Immun. 2006;74:4954-9 pubmed..The adjuvant combination of IL-12EM plus AS01B was a more efficient way to induce a sustained Th1 immunity and protection against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ..
- Kim S, Park D, Lee D, Kim W, Jeong Y, Lee J, et al. Vaccinia-related kinase 2 mediates accumulation of polyglutamine aggregates via negative regulation of the chaperonin TRiC. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:643-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that VRK2 is crucial to regulate the ubiquitination-proteosomal degradation of TRiC, which controls folding of polyglutamine proteins involved in Huntington's disease. ..
- Jang S. Internal initiation: IRES elements of picornaviruses and hepatitis c virus. Virus Res. 2006;119:2-15 pubmed
- Kim Y, Song M, Oh Y, Heo K, Choi J, Park J, et al. Inhibition of phospholipase C-beta1-mediated signaling by O-GlcNAc modification. J Cell Physiol. 2006;207:689-96 pubmed..Moreover, glucose uptake stimulated by BK was significantly blunted by treatment with PUGNAc. These data support the notion that O-GlcNAc modification negatively modulates the activity of PLC-beta1. ..
- Nam H, Song M, Choi D, Yang S, Jin H, Sung Y. Marked enhancement of antigen-specific T-cell responses by IL-7-fused nonlytic, but not lytic, Fc as a genetic adjuvant. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:351-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that nonlytic Fc, in contrast to lytic Fc, fusion to cytokines may provide an insight in designing a potent genetic adjuvant for inducing CD4(+) and CD8(+) T-cell responses. ..
- Kim J, Kim T, Hong B, Kim O, Yoon W, Chae C, et al. A serum-stable branched dimeric anti-VEGF peptide blocks tumor growth via anti-angiogenic activity. Exp Mol Med. 2010;42:514-23 pubmed..Our observations suggest that MAP2-dRK6 can be a prospective therapeutic molecule or lead compound for the development of drugs for various VEGF-related angiogenic diseases. ..
- Moon H, Kim S, Yang Y, Song P, Yu H, Park H, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor mediates the antidepressant actions of voluntary exercise. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13094-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest a role of MIF in mediating the antidepressant action of exercise, probably by enhancing serotonin neurotransmission and neurotrophic factor-induced neurogenesis in the brain. ..
- Kim N, Kim H, Koo B, Kwon M, Kim Y, Cho Y, et al. Receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand regulates the proliferation of mammary epithelial cells via Id2. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:1002-13 pubmed..Our results indicate that the inhibitor of helix-loop-helix protein, Id2, is critical to control the proliferation of mammary epithelial cells in response to RANKL stimulation. ..
- Kim J, Park J, Yea K, Kim H, Suh P, Ryu S. Phospholipase D1 mediates AMP-activated protein kinase signaling for glucose uptake. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9600 pubmed publisher..We propose that the AMPK-mediated PLD1 pathway may provide crucial clues to understanding the mechanisms involved in glucose uptake. ..
- Namkoong H, Song M, Seo Y, Choi D, Kim S, Im S, et al. Enhancement of antigen-specific CD8 T cell responses by co-delivery of Fc-fused CXCL11. Vaccine. 2014;32:1205-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide a novel role of CXCL11 as a strong genetic adjuvant which might be used to, increase antigen-specific CD8 T cell immunity elicited by vaccination. ..
- Choi J, Kim Y, Tae Y, Choi E, Hong B, Jeon S, et al. A viral PAMP double-stranded RNA induces allergen-specific Th17 cell response in the airways which is dependent on VEGF and IL-6. Allergy. 2010;65:1322-30 pubmed publisher..Airway exposure of low-level dsRNA induces an allergen-specific Th17 cell response, which is mainly dependent on VEGF and IL-6. ..
- Yang J, Kim J, Jeon J, Park H, Kang G, Park K, et al. Changes in hepatic gene expression upon oral administration of taurine-conjugated ursodeoxycholic acid in ob/ob mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13858 pubmed publisher..In summary, oral TUDCA treatment decreased hepatic steatosis in ob/ob mice by cooperative regulation of multiple metabolic pathways, particularly by reducing the expression of genes known to regulate de novo lipogenesis. ..
- Kim Y, Kim T, Kim Y, Yoo J, You S, Lee I, et al. Principal network analysis: identification of subnetworks representing major dynamics using gene expression data. Bioinformatics. 2011;27:391-8 pubmed publisher..The web-based software is available at: http://sbm.postech.ac.kr/pna. ..
- Lee E, Park K, Yoon Y, Lee J, Moon H, Jang S, et al. Therapeutic effects of autologous tumor-derived nanovesicles on melanoma growth and metastasis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33330 pubmed publisher..Our strategy is cost-effective and can be applied to patient-specific cancer therapeutic vaccination. ..
- Hong S, Park C, Cha H, Kwon J, Yun Y, Lee N, et al. Rapamycin inhibits both motility through down-regulation of p-STAT3 (S727) by disrupting the mTORC2 assembly and peritoneal dissemination in sarcomatoid cholangiocarcinoma. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2013;30:177-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that rapamycin could suppress the motility of sarcomatoid CC by down-regulating p-STAT3 (S727) through the impairment of mTORC2 assembly. ..
- Namkung Y, Skrypnyk N, Jeong M, Lee T, Lee M, Kim H, et al. Requirement for the L-type Ca(2+) channel alpha(1D) subunit in postnatal pancreatic beta cell generation. J Clin Invest. 2001;108:1015-22 pubmed
- Yoon T, Yoo Y, Kang T, Song S, Lee K, Her E, et al. Antitumor activity of the Korean mistletoe lectin is attributed to activation of macrophages and NK cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2003;26:861-7 pubmed
- Song M, Kim H, Park J, Kim S, Kim I, Ryu S, et al. o-GlcNAc transferase is activated by CaMKIV-dependent phosphorylation under potassium chloride-induced depolarization in NG-108-15 cells. Cell Signal. 2008;20:94-104 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that CaMKIV activated OGT, and OGT has an essential role on the process of CaMKIV-dependent AP-1 activation under depolarization in neuronal cells. ..
- Yoo H, Seo J, Yoo J. CTR9, a component of PAF complex, controls elongation block at the c-Fos locus via signal-dependent regulation of chromatin-bound NELF dissociation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61055 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that PAFc controls the recruitment of NELF and SPT5 to target loci in a signal- and locus-specific manner. ..
- Kim S, Park K, Kwak E, Choi E, Lee S, Ham J, et al. Activating signal cointegrator 2 required for liver lipid metabolism mediated by liver X receptors in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3583-92 pubmed..These results identify ASC-2 as a physiologically important transcriptional coactivator of LXRs and demonstrate its pivotal role in the liver lipid metabolism. ..
- Song R, Koo B, Yoon K, Yoon M, Yoo K, Kim H, et al. Neuralized-2 regulates a Notch ligand in cooperation with Mind bomb-1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36391-400 pubmed..Thus, our study provides a new insight into how distinct E3 ligases work together in the endocytic pathways for Notch signaling. ..
- Koo B, Yoon M, Yoon K, Im S, Kim Y, Kim C, et al. An obligatory role of mind bomb-1 in notch signaling of mammalian development. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1221 pubmed..Our data provide the first evidence that Mib1 is essential for Jagged as well as Deltalike ligand-mediated Notch signaling in mammalian development, while Neur1, Neur2, and Mib2 are dispensable. ..
- Song R, Kim Y, Koo B, Jeong H, Yoon M, Yoon K, et al. Mind bomb 1 in the lymphopoietic niches is essential for T and marginal zone B cell development. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2525-36 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that Mib1 is the essential E3 ligase in T and MZB cell development, through the regulation of Notch ligands in the thymic and splenic microenvironments. ..
- Jeon S, Moon H, Kim Y, Choi J, Shin T, Hong S, et al. 15-lipoxygenase metabolites play an important role in the development of a T-helper type 1 allergic inflammation induced by double-stranded RNA. Clin Exp Allergy. 2009;39:908-17 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the 15-LO pathway is a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of virus-associated asthma characterized by Th1 inflammation. ..
- Lee K, Ryu K, Kim M, Suh H, Ku B, Song Y, et al. Crystal structures and enzyme mechanisms of a dual fucose mutarotase/ribose pyranase. J Mol Biol. 2009;391:178-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, vertebrate FucU appears to serve for as yet unknown function through the quaternary structural alteration. ..
- Woo K, Kim T, Lee K, Kim D, Kim S, Lee H, et al. Modulation of exosome-mediated mRNA turnover by interaction of GTP-binding protein 1 (GTPBP1) with its target mRNAs. FASEB J. 2011;25:2757-69 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that GTPBP1 is a regulator and adaptor of the exosome-mediated mRNA turnover pathway. ..
- Kang C, Ban M, Choi E, Moon H, Jeon J, Kim D, et al. Extracellular vesicles derived from gut microbiota, especially Akkermansia muciniphila, protect the progression of dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76520 pubmed publisher..Our data provides insight into the role of gut microbiota-derived EV in regulation of intestinal immunity and homeostasis, and A. muciniphila-derived EV have protective effects in the development of DSS-induced colitis. ..
- Yoo H, Choi Y, Ahn N, Lee S, Kim W, Jang M, et al. Transcriptional regulator CTR9 inhibits Th17 differentiation via repression of IL-17 expression. J Immunol. 2014;192:1440-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data propose a novel feed-forward loop of IL-17 transcriptional regulatory circuit, via IL-6-mediated repression of CTR9 which is a transcriptional repressor of IL-17. ..
- Hur J, Choi J, Lee H, Nham P, Kim T, Chae C, et al. CD82/KAI1 Maintains the Dormancy of Long-Term Hematopoietic Stem Cells through Interaction with DARC-Expressing Macrophages. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;18:508-21 pubmed publisher..A similar interaction appears to be relevant for human HSPCs. Thus, CD82 is a functional surface marker of LT-HSCs that maintains quiescence through interaction with DARC-expressing macrophages in the BM stem cell niche. ..
- Jun K, Piedras Rentería E, Smith S, Wheeler D, Lee S, Lee T, et al. Ablation of P/Q-type Ca(2+) channel currents, altered synaptic transmission, and progressive ataxia in mice lacking the alpha(1A)-subunit. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:15245-50 pubmed..The alpha(1A)(-/-) mice provide a starting point for unraveling neuropathological mechanisms of human diseases generated by mutations in alpha(1A). ..
- Yoon T, Yoo Y, Kang T, Her E, Kim S, Kim K, et al. Cellular and humoral adjuvant activity of lectins isolated from Korean mistletoe (Viscum album colaratum). Int Immunopharmacol. 2001;1:881-9 pubmed..These results suggest that KML-C is a potent immunoadjuvant to enhance cellular and humoral immune responses. ..
- Yoo J, Cho J, Lee S, Sung Y. IL-12 provides proliferation and survival signals to murine CD4+ T cells through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway. J Immunol. 2002;169:3637-43 pubmed..These results suggest that PI3K/Akt pathway is critical for mediating IL-12-induced CD4(+) T cell responses such as T cell proliferation and survival. ..
- Kim S, Shin E, Kim E, Bayaraa T, Frost S, Hyun C. Berberine activates GLUT1-mediated glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:2120-5 pubmed..Together, we concluded that berberine increases glucose transport activity of 3T3-L1 adipocytes by enhancing GLUT1 expression and also stimulates the GLUT1-mediated glucose uptake by activating GLUT1, a result of AMPK stimulation. ..
- Woo K, Kim T, Lee K, Kim D, Kim W, Lee K, et al. Mouse period 2 mRNA circadian oscillation is modulated by PTB-mediated rhythmic mRNA degradation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:26-37 pubmed publisher..This report on the regulation of mper2 proposes that post-transcriptional mRNA decay mediated by PTB is a fine-tuned regulatory mechanism that includes dampening-down effects during circadian mRNA oscillations. ..
- Kong J, Oh E, Chae S, Lee K, Hahn S. Long acting hyaluronate--exendin 4 conjugate for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Biomaterials. 2010;31:4121-8 pubmed publisher..The HA - exendin 4 conjugates will be investigated further as a twice a week injection dosage form for clinical applications...
- Kim H, Ha S, Lee M, Huston E, Kim D, Jang S, et al. Cyclic AMP controls mTOR through regulation of the dynamic interaction between Rheb and phosphodiesterase 4D. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5406-20 pubmed publisher..We also propose a new role for PDE4 as a molecular transducer for cAMP signaling. ..
- Kim J, Choi J, Lim S, Kwon O, Seo J, Ryu S, et al. Phospholipase C-?1 is activated by intracellular Ca(2+) mobilization and enhances GPCRs/PLC/Ca(2+) signaling. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1022-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that PLC-?1 is activated via intracellular Ca(2+) mobilization from the ER, and therefore amplifies GPCR-mediated signaling. ..
- Lee K, Woo K, Kim D, Kim T, Shin J, Park S, et al. Rhythmic interaction between Period1 mRNA and hnRNP Q leads to circadian time-dependent translation. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:717-28 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate 5'-UTR-mediated rhythmic mPer1 translation and provide evidence for posttranscriptional regulation of the circadian rhythmicity of core clock genes. ..
- Kim D, Kim W, Lee K, Kim S, Lee H, Kim H, et al. hnRNP Q regulates translation of p53 in normal and stress conditions. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:226-34 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that changes in cytosolic hnRNP Q levels contribute to cell cycle-dependent translational differences in p53 mRNA. ..
- Kim S, Park K, Kim B, Kim E, Hyun C. Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG improves insulin sensitivity and reduces adiposity in high-fat diet-fed mice through enhancement of adiponectin production. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:258-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that LGG treatment improves insulin sensitivity and reduces lipid accumulation by stimulating adiponectin secretion and consequent activation of AMPK. ..
- Huh J, Shibata T, Hwang M, Kwon E, Jang M, Fukui R, et al. UNC93B1 is essential for the plasma membrane localization and signaling of Toll-like receptor 5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7072-7 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that the role of UNC93B1 is not limited to the TLRs signaling from the endolysosomes and compels the further probing of the mechanisms underlying the UNC93B1-assisted differential targeting of TLRs. ..
- Choi H, Kim M, Jeon J, Han J, Kim K. Overexpression of MicA induces production of OmpC-enriched outer membrane vesicles that protect against Salmonella challenge. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:991-996 pubmed publisher..MicA-derived OMVs induced Th1- and Th17-type immune responses in vitro and reduced Salmonella-mediated lethality in a mouse model. Thus, OmpA-regulatory sRNA-derived OMVs may facilitate production of Salmonella-protective vaccines. ..
- Chae C, Kim G, Park E, Lee C, Verma R, Cho H, et al. NFAT1 Regulates Systemic Autoimmunity through the Modulation of a Dendritic Cell Property. J Immunol. 2017;199:3051-3062 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that NFAT1 may limit the hyperactivation of the NF-?B-mediated proinflammatory response in DCs and suppress autoimmunity by serving as a key regulator of DC tolerance. ..
- Gho Y, Yoon W, Chae C. Antiplasmin activity of a peptide that binds to the receptor-binding site of angiogenin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9690-4 pubmed..Therefore, the 11-amino acid peptide chANG has both antiangiogenin and antiplasmin activity, and could be useful in the development of anticancer agents. ..
- Ha S, Kim D, Baek K, Yun Y, Sung Y. IL-23 induces stronger sustained CTL and Th1 immune responses than IL-12 in hepatitis C virus envelope protein 2 DNA immunization. J Immunol. 2004;172:525-31 pubmed..These data suggest that IL-23, particularly IL-23N220L, would be an effective adjuvant of DNA vaccine for the induction of durable Ag-specific T cell immunity. ..
- Lee S, Kim D, Choi B, Ha H, Kim K. Regulation of p53 by activated protein kinase C-delta during nitric oxide-induced dopaminergic cell death. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2215-24 pubmed..These findings may be expanded to provide new insight into the cellular mechanisms of Parkinson disease. ..
- Kim Y, Raunser S, Munger C, Wagner J, Song Y, Cygler M, et al. The architecture of the multisubunit TRAPP I complex suggests a model for vesicle tethering. Cell. 2006;127:817-30 pubmed..This study provides the most comprehensive view of a multisubunit vesicle tethering complex to date, based on which a model for the function of this complex, involving Rab1-GTP and long, coiled-coil tethers, is presented. ..
- Jeon S, Oh S, Park H, Kim Y, Shim E, Lee H, et al. TH2 and TH1 lung inflammation induced by airway allergen sensitization with low and high doses of double-stranded RNA. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:803-12 pubmed..Targeting both T(H)1 and T(H)2 lung inflammation might be important in the treatment of virus-associated asthma. ..
- Jun D, Kim J, Jung S, Song R, Noh J, Park Y, et al. Extracellular ATP mediates necrotic cell swelling in SN4741 dopaminergic neurons through P2X7 receptors. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37350-8 pubmed..Therefore, extracellular ATP release from injured tissues may act as an accelerating factor in necrotic SN4741 dopaminergic cell death via P2X(7)Rs. ..
- Yoon M, Koo B, Song R, Jeong H, Shin J, Kim Y, et al. Mind bomb-1 is essential for intraembryonic hematopoiesis in the aortic endothelium and the subaortic patches. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4794-804 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Mib1 is important for intraembryonic hematopoiesis not only in the aortic endothelium but also in the SAPs...
- Kim Y, Choi B, Cheon H, Do M. B cell activation factor (BAFF) is a novel adipokine that links obesity and inflammation. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:208-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that BAFF may be a new adipokine, representing a link between obesity and inflammation. ..
- Woo K, Ha D, Lee K, Kim D, Kim T, Kim K. Circadian amplitude of cryptochrome 1 is modulated by mRNA stability regulation via cytoplasmic hnRNP D oscillation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:197-205 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that hnRNP D plays a role as a fine regulator contributing to the mcry1 mRNA turnover rate and the modulation of circadian rhythm. ..
- Shin T, Kim J, Kim Y, Jeon S, Zhu Z, Gho Y, et al. Extracellular vesicles are key intercellular mediators in the development of immune dysfunction to allergens in the airways. Allergy. 2010;65:1256-65 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that EVs (especially, the protein components) secreted by LPS inhalation are a key intercellular communicator in the development of airway immune dysfunction to inhaled LPS-containing allergens. ..
- Chae Y, Kim K, Ha S, Kim J, Suh P, Ryu S. Protein kinase Cdelta-mediated phosphorylation of phospholipase D controls integrin-mediated cell spreading. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5086-98 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that PKC? is a primary regulator of integrin-mediated PLD activation via the direct phosphorylation of PLD, which is essential for directing integrin-induced cell spreading. ..
- Kim M, Kim D, Do M. B-cell-activating factor is a regulator of adipokines and a possible mediator between adipocytes and macrophages. Exp Mol Med. 2013;45:e4 pubmed publisher..BAFF expression also increased in WAT of DIO mice. We propose that BAFF can regulate adipokine expression and possibly mediate adipocyte and macrophage interaction...
- Chang S, Kwon N, Weon B, Kim J, Rhee C, Choi H, et al. Tracking X-ray microscopy for alveolar dynamics in live intact mice. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1304 pubmed publisher..TrXM analysis in alveolar dynamics would be significant for better understanding of alveolar-based diseases, for instance, ventilator induced lung injury (VILI) in acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). ..
- Choi S, Noh J, Seo J, Yang K, Kook M, Lee C. Gene expression profiling of allogeneic islet grafts in an experimental mouse model before rejection or tolerance phenotypes arise. Transplant Proc. 2013;45:597-604 pubmed publisher..The identification of these genes may help to understand signaling pathways, involved in the communication between transplanted islet grafts and recipients in vivo. ..
- Ruscher R, Kummer R, Lee Y, Jameson S, Hogquist K. CD8?? intraepithelial lymphocytes arise from two main thymic precursors. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:771-779 pubmed publisher..These data provide a foundation for understanding the biology of CD8?? IELs. ..
- Kang M, Choi T, Ryu H, Lee D, Lee S, Choi S, et al. Autism-like behavior caused by deletion of vaccinia-related kinase 3 is improved by TrkB stimulation. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2947-2966 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that VRK3 plays a critical role in neurodevelopmental disorders and suggest a potential therapeutic strategy for ASD. ..
- Kim J, Paek K, Ha S, Cho S, Choi K, Kim C, et al. A cellular RNA-binding protein enhances internal ribosomal entry site-dependent translation through an interaction downstream of the hepatitis C virus polyprotein initiation codon. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7878-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the existence of a novel mechanism of translational enhancement that acts through the interaction of an RNA-binding protein with a protein coding sequence...
- Hwang J, Oh Y, Shin K, Kim H, Ryu S, Suh P. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel phospholipase C, PLC-eta. Biochem J. 2005;389:181-6 pubmed..These results suggest that PLC-eta may perform fundamental roles in the brain. ..
- Hwang J, Shin K, Oh Y, Choi J, Lee Z, Kim D, et al. Phospholipase C-beta3 mediates the thrombin-induced Ca2+ response in glial cells. Mol Cells. 2005;19:375-81 pubmed
- Youn M, Yoo H, Kim M, Hwang S, Choi Y, DESIDERIO S, et al. hCTR9, a component of Paf1 complex, participates in the transcription of interleukin 6-responsive genes through regulation of STAT3-DNA interactions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34727-34 pubmed..These data suggest that CTR9 participates in the transcription of IL-6-responsive genes through the regulation of DNA association of STAT3 and modification of histone methylation. ..
- Yun S, Möller A, Chae S, Hong W, Bae Y, Bowtell D, et al. Siah proteins induce the epidermal growth factor-dependent degradation of phospholipase Cepsilon. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1034-42 pubmed..Our results suggest that the Siah-dependent degradation of PLCepsilon plays a role in the regulation of growth factor-dependent cell growth. ..
- Kwon M, Koo B, Moon J, Kim Y, Park K, Kim N, et al. Crif1 is a novel transcriptional coactivator of STAT3. EMBO J. 2008;27:642-53 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that Crif1 is a novel and essential transcriptional coactivator of STAT3 that modulates its DNA binding ability, and shed light on the regulation of oncogenic STAT3. ..
- Lee M, Ha S, Kim J, Koh A, Lee C, Kim J, et al. Glycolytic flux signals to mTOR through glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase-mediated regulation of Rheb. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3991-4001 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the glycolytic flux regulates mTOR's access to Rheb by regulating the Rheb-GAPDH interaction, thereby allowing mTORC1 to coordinate cell growth with glucose availability. ..