Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on larva in Andong, Gyeongsangbuk do, South Korea
Locale: Andong, Gyeongsangbuk do, South Korea
- Gad W, Kim Y. N-terminal tail of a viral histone H4 encoded in Cotesia plutellae bracovirus is essential to suppress gene expression of host histone H4. Insect Mol Biol. 2009;18:111-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the viral H4 encoded in CpBV can alter host gene expression with its extended N-terminal tail...
- Shrestha S, Kim Y. Activation of immune-associated phospholipase A2 is functionally linked to Toll/Imd signal pathways in the red flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:530-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that recognition of bacterial challenge initiates Toll and Imd pathways in T. castaneum, which subsequently induces the activation of immune-associated PLA(2)s as well as gene expression of various AMPs...
- Kwon B, Song S, Choi J, Je Y, Kim Y. Transient expression of specific Cotesia plutellae bracoviral segments induces prolonged larval development of the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella. J Insect Physiol. 2010;56:650-8 pubmed publisher..xylostella. These results suggest that CpBV can induce prolonged larval development of P. xylostella, and that at least some CpBV-PTPs may contribute to the parasitic role probably by altering titers of developmental hormones. ..
- Son Y, Kim Y. Immunosuppression induced by entomopathogens is rescued by addition of apolipophorin III in the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella. J Invertebr Pathol. 2011;106:217-22 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that ApoLpIII limits pathogenicity induced by parasitization or bacterial infection in P. xylostella. ..
- Srikanth K, Park J, Stanley D, Kim Y. Plasmatocyte-spreading peptide influences hemocyte behavior via eicosanoids. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2011;78:145-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these points strongly support our model showing that PSP acts via a plasmatocyte-surface receptor, which stimulates biosynthesis of the PGs responsible for mediating plasmatocytes spreading. ..
- Vatanparast M, Kim Y. Optimization of recombinant bacteria expressing dsRNA to enhance insecticidal activity against a lepidopteran insect, Spodoptera exigua. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183054 pubmed publisher..Moreover, targeting young larvae possessing weak RNase activity in the midgut lumen significantly enhanced RNAi efficiency and subsequent insecticidal activity against S. exigua. ..
- Kim M, Lee S, Chun Y, Na J, Kwon H, Kim W, et al. Heat Tolerance Induction of the Indian Meal Moth (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) Is Accompanied by Upregulation of Heat Shock Proteins and Polyols. Environ Entomol. 2017;46:1005-1011 pubmed publisher..interpunctella. These results suggest that the induction of heat tolerance in P. interpunctella involves the upregulation of these heat shock proteins and hemolymph polyol levels. ..