Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on uterine cervical neoplasms in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: uterine cervical neoplasms
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- Pandurangan M, Nagajyothi P, Shim J, Kim D. Anti-Proliferative Effect of Copper Oxide Nanorods Against Human Cervical Carcinoma Cells. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;173:62-70 pubmed publisher..Taking all our experimental results together, it may suggest that the copper oxide nanorods could be a potential anti-tumor agent to inhibit cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Lee Y, Jeon H, Lee J, Hong J, Do I, Choi C, et al. Dynamin 2 Inhibitors as Novel Therapeutic Agents Against Cervical Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6381-6388 pubmed..Targeting dynamin 2 may be a promising new approach for the treatment of cervical cancer. ..
- Tong S, Lee J, Song E, Lee K, Kim M, Yun Y, et al. The effects of polymorphisms in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), methionine synthase (MTR), and methionine synthase reductase (MTRR) on the risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and cervical cancer in Korean women. Cancer Causes Control. 2010;21:23-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, there was no significant association of MTHFR haplotypes with risk of CIN2/3 and cervical cancer. ..
- Kim J, Namkung W, Yoon J, Jo M, Lee S, Kim K, et al. The role of translation elongation factor eEF1A in intracellular alkalinization-induced tumor cell growth. Lab Invest. 2009;89:867-74 pubmed publisher..The above findings suggest that an increase in free-form eEF1A under alkaline conditions plays a critical role in alkalinization-induced cell growth. ..
- Park J, Kim D, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim Y, Nam J. Laparoscopic versus open radical hysterectomy for elderly patients with early-stage cervical cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012;207:195.e1-8 pubmed publisher..361) did not differ between LRH and ORH groups. Elderly patients tolerated well both LRH and ORH. LRH was associated with better surgical outcomes compared to ORH without increasing intraoperative complications or decreasing survival. ..
- Kim Y, Chang J, Kim Y, Shin D, Kim H, Kim S, et al. Endobronchial metastasis of uterine cervix cancer: a two case reports and a review of the literature. Yonsei Med J. 2002;43:547-52 pubmed
- Suh D, Kim M, Kim K, Kim H, Lee K, Kim J. Major clinical research advances in gynecologic cancer in 2016: 10-year special edition. J Gynecol Oncol. 2017;28:e45 pubmed publisher..For breast cancer, adaptively randomized trials, extending aromatase inhibitor therapy, and ribociclib and palbociclib were introduced. ..
- Hwang J, Song S, Lee J, Lee N, Lee K. Bone mineral density after concurrent chemoradiation in patients with uterine cervical cancer. Menopause. 2010;17:416-20 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that postmenopausal women with uterine cervical cancer treated with CCRT have a lower BMD and are at risk for osteoporosis. ..
- Park W, Kim E, Jung C, Kim B, Lee Y. Monensin-mediated growth inhibition of SNU-C1 colon cancer cells via cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:377-82 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrated for the first time that monensin inhibited the growth of solid tumor cells, especially SNU-C1 cells, via cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. ..
- Lee Y, Choi C, Sung C, Do I, Huh S, Song T, et al. Prognostic value of pre-treatment circulating monocyte count in patients with cervical cancer: comparison with SCC-Ag level. Gynecol Oncol. 2012;124:92-7 pubmed publisher..The pre-treatment circulating monocyte count may be considered as an adjunctive biomarker with SCC-Ag. ..
- Lee T, Kang S, Kim Y, Park B, Kim Y, Lee J, et al. Chemoradiation with paclitaxel and carboplatin in high-risk cervical cancer patients after radical hysterectomy: a Korean Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013;86:304-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a prospective, randomized controlled study should be designed to evaluate efficacy of this approach for patients with high-risk cervical cancer. ..
- Enkhtaivan G, Kim D, Pandurangan M. Cytotoxic effect of TDZ on human cervical cancer cells. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:493-498 pubmed publisher..In silico assay confirmed that TDZ was able to bind with the active site of the capase-3 protein. Therefore, taking all these data together it is suggested that the TDZ may be a potential agent to act against cervical cancer cells. ..
- Oh D, Huh S, Nam H, Park W, Han Y, Lim D, et al. Pelvic insufficiency fracture after pelvic radiotherapy for cervical cancer: analysis of risk factors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008;70:1183-8 pubmed..The use of multibeam arrangements to reduce the volume and dose of irradiated pelvic bone can be helpful to minimize the risk of fracture, especially in elderly women with low body weight. ..
- Sung C, Park W, Choi Y, Ahn G, Song S, Huh S, et al. Prognostic significance of CD24 protein expression in patients treated with adjuvant radiotherapy after radical hysterectomy for cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Radiother Oncol. 2010;95:359-64 pubmed publisher..Therefore, new therapeutic strategies targeting CD24 expression stratified by subgroups might have important clinical implications. ..
- Kim J, Park J, Kim D, Kim Y, Kim Y, Nam J. Fertility-sparing laparoscopic radical trachelectomy for young women with early stage cervical cancer. BJOG. 2010;117:340-7 pubmed publisher..Six patients attempted to conceive, and three succeeded. Laparoscopic radical trachelectomy may be a safe and useful alternative to radical hysterectomy for women with early cervical cancer who want to preserve their fertility. ..
- Lee C, Bae J, Lee S, Ho E, Lee I, Park Y, et al. Distribution of human papillomavirus type 16 E6 and E7 gene variants in the progression of cervical dysplasia in Korean women. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2011;37:1320-6 pubmed publisher..The distribution of HPV variants appears to be related to geographic difference. Human papillomavirus 16 E6 Thymine178Guanine and E7 Adenine647Guanine can be used as the candidate marker for the progression of the cervical neoplasia. ..
- Kim M, Kim J, Bak Y, Park Y, Lee D, Kang J, et al. 2,4-bis (p-hydroxyphenyl)-2-butenal (HPB242) induces apoptosis via modulating E7 expression and inhibition of PI3K/Akt pathway in SiHa human cervical cancer cells. Nutr Cancer. 2012;64:1236-44 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, HPB242 promotes apoptosis by influencing E7 expression, inducing cell-cycle arrest at sub-G1 phase, and promoting both intrinsic (mitochondrial) and extrinsic (Fas-dependent) apoptosis in SiHa human cervical cancer cells. ..
- Chay D, Cho H, Kim B, Kang E, Song E, Kim J. Clinical significance of serum anti-human papillomavirus 16 and 18 antibodies in cervical neoplasia. Obstet Gynecol. 2013;121:321-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in cervical cancer, HPV 16 seropositivity may be associated with a more favorable prognosis. II. ..
- Ju H, Lee H, Chung K, Choi J, Cho J, Baek N, et al. Standardized flavonoid-rich fraction of Artemisia princeps Pampanini cv. Sajabal induces apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway in human cervical cancer HeLa cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;141:460-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate caspase-mediated activation of the mitochondrial death pathway plays a critical role in the FRAP-induced apoptosis of HeLa cells and that FRAP inhibits the in vivo tumor growth of HeLa xenograft mice. ..
- Kim J, Key E, Song M, Lee S, Kim C, Hur S, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 gene polymorphisms in Korean women with human papillomavirus-related cervical neoplasia. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2016;95:829-35 pubmed publisher..Further large-scale and functional studies are needed to confirm the role of TLR2 gene polymorphisms in HPV-related cervical neoplasia. ..
- Lee J, Yong Song S, Choi J, Lee S, Kim B, Park C, et al. Increased expression of matriptase is associated with histopathologic grades of cervical neoplasia. Hum Pathol. 2005;36:626-33 pubmed..Further studies could potentially lead to the development of novel approaches for early detection and therapy for this disease. ..
- Lee J, Huh S, Oh D, Bae D. Osteoradionecrosis after three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for recurrent cervical cancer presenting as a progressive osteolytic lesion. Ann Nucl Med. 2008;22:139-41 pubmed publisher..A localized, growing ORN of pelvic bone after high-dose 3DCRT is an uncommon late complication. Differential diagnosis between ORN and bony metastasis may be possible with low FDG uptake of ORN on PET-CT scans. ..
- Kim Y, Song Y, Jeon Y, Park J, Um S, Kim J, et al. Sequence variation and the transcriptional activity of the upstream regulatory region in human papillomavirus 16 E7 variants in cervical cancer of Korean women. Oncol Rep. 2005;14:459-64 pubmed
- Lee S, Jung K, Lee J, Song S, Kim B, Lee J, et al. Analyses of atypical squamous cells refined by the 2001 Bethesda System: the distribution and clinical significance of follow-up management. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:664-9 pubmed..It is suggested that age should be considered in deciding follow-up diagnostic methods in patients with ASC-US. ..
- Kim Y, Kim M, Park I, Park W, Kim J, Kim S, et al. VEGF polymorphisms in early cervical cancer susceptibility, angiogenesis, and survival. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;119:232-6 pubmed publisher..Polymorphisms of VEGF genes may affect cancer susceptibility and survival of early cervical cancer by modulating tumor angiogenesis. Prospective study among homogeneously treated patients is warranted. ..
- Park J, Kim D, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim Y, Nam J. The impact of tumor morcellation during surgery on the outcomes of patients with apparently early low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma of the uterus. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:3453-61 pubmed publisher..03; 95% CI, 1.06-15.30; P=0.040) and abdominopelvic DFS (OR, 5.06; 95% CI, 1.02-25.04; P=0.047). Inadvertent tumor morcellation during surgery has an adverse impact on the outcomes of patients with early LGESS. ..
- Park J, Kim D, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim Y, Nam J. Outcomes after radical hysterectomy in patients with early-stage adenocarcinoma of uterine cervix. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:1692-8 pubmed publisher..Recurrence outside the pelvis was more frequent in AdCa than in those with SCCa (75 vs 57.8%, P=0.084). Although RH is still acceptable for treatment of patients with AdCa, a more effective systemic adjuvant therapy is required. ..
- Yoo K, Lee H, Lee H, Lee K, Lee S, Chung H, et al. Expression and functional analyses of mHAUSP regulating apoptosis of cervical adenocarcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2005;27:97-104 pubmed..However, other conserved amino acids were required for deubiquitinating enzyme activity of mHAUSP. Moreover, we observed that the overexpression of mHAUSP induces cell death in HeLa cells. ..
- Kim S, Oh J, No J, Bang Y, Juhnn Y, Song Y. Involvement of NF-kappaB and AP-1 in COX-2 upregulation by human papillomavirus 16 E5 oncoprotein. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:753-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings collectively suggest that the HPV 16 E5 oncoprotein mediates cervical carcinogenesis at least in part via upregulation of COX-2 expression through NF-kappaB and AP-1, with NF-kappaB playing a larger role. ..
- Yang W, Park S, Yoon A, Yoo J, Kim M, Yun C, et al. Suicide cancer gene therapy using pore-forming toxin, streptolysin O. Mol Cancer Ther. 2006;5:1610-9 pubmed..3% of that of the control PBS-treated group. Our results show that the genes of pore-forming toxins, like streptolysin O protein, have the potential to establish a novel class of suicide gene therapeutic reagents. ..
- Park J, Kim D, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim Y, Nam J. Outcomes after radical hysterectomy according to tumor size divided by 2-cm interval in patients with early cervical cancer. Ann Oncol. 2011;22:59-67 pubmed publisher..tumor size divided by a 2-cm interval was an independent prognostic factor and correlated well with other risk factors and with the need for adjuvant therapy. ..
- Park S, Moon M, Hong S, Lee M, Cho H, Han B, et al. Adenoma malignum of the uterine cervix: ultrasonographic findings in 11 patients. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011;38:716-21 pubmed publisher..Adenoma malignum can appear sonographically as solid, multilocular and multilocular solid cervical lesions. Awareness of its clinical and ultrasonographic features might improve diagnosis before surgery. ..
- Ahn H, Park Y, Chang Y, Park S, Kim M, Ryoo B, et al. A case of uterine cervical cancer presenting with granulocytosis. Korean J Intern Med. 2005;20:247-50 pubmed..We suggest that, like some other solid tumors, cervical cancer can present with granulocytosis as a paraneoplastic syndrome. ..
- Cho Y, Yang A, Kim B, Han Y. The cleavage fragment of retinoid X receptor-alpha ligand binding domain inhibits radiosensitization by retinoic acid. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1715-20 pubmed..Taken together, we hypothesize that the RXR alpha LBD fragment may act as a negative regulator of radiosensitizing effect of RA by restricting the RAR gamma-mediated biological response to RA. ..
- Kim S, Lim M, Lee J, Kim Y, Seo S, Kang S, et al. Comparison of Lower Extremity Edema in Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer: Pretreatment Laparoscopic Surgical Staging with Tailored Radiotherapy Versus Primary Radiotherapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:203-10 pubmed publisher..As LEE decreases patients' quality of life, it should be considered during patient consultation and surveillance. ..
- Oh D, Lee J, Huh S, Park W, Nam H, Choi J, et al. Prognostic significance of tumor response as assessed by sequential 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography/computed tomography during concurrent chemoradiation therapy for cervical cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013;87:549-54 pubmed publisher..SUV(max)% ?60% at 4 weeks of CCRT may predict CR response on 1-month post-CCRT PET/CT and also PFS. ..
- Lee J, Kim B, Lee S, Lee S, Park C, Lee J, et al. Preliminary results of consolidation chemotherapy following concurrent chemoradiation after radical surgery in high-risk early-stage carcinoma of the uterine cervix. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2005;17:412-7 pubmed..Rather, it may increase haematologic toxicities for women with high-risk, early stage cervical carcinoma who undergo radical surgery followed by CCRT. ..
- Lee Y, Choi C, Kim H, Kim T, Lee J, Lee J, et al. Pretreatment neutrophil:lymphocyte ratio as a prognostic factor in cervical carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:1555-61 pubmed..Pretreatment NLR may be a cost-effective biomarker to stratify risk of recurrence and death in patients with cervical cancer. ..
- Choi Y, Kang S, Hong S, Xie X, Cho N. Proteomic analysis of progressive factors in uterine cervical cancer. Proteomics. 2005;5:1481-93 pubmed
- Jo H, Kang S, Kim J, Kang G, Park N, Song Y, et al. Hypermethylation of the COX-2 gene is a potential prognostic marker for cervical cancer. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2007;33:236-41 pubmed..The present results suggest that DNA hypermethylation of the COX-2 gene may be a potential prognostic marker in early stage cervical cancer, the underlying mechanism of which is independent of gene silencing. ..
- Song K, Choi C, Lee H, Oh S, Woo S, Hong S, et al. HDAC1 Upregulation by NANOG Promotes Multidrug Resistance and a Stem-like Phenotype in Immune Edited Tumor Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5039-5053 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(18); 5039-53. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Kang S, Kim J, Kim H, Shim J, Nam E, Kim S, et al. Methylation of p16INK4a is a non-rare event in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Diagn Mol Pathol. 2006;15:74-82 pubmed..3% to 24.5%. In conclusion, p16INK4a gene silencing during CIN was not determined to be a particularly rare event; however, it does not correlate with either HPV status or CIN grading. ..
- Oh J, Kim S, Lee Y, Seo M, Kim S, Song Y, et al. Human papillomavirus E5 protein induces expression of the EP4 subtype of prostaglandin E2 receptor in cyclic AMP response element-dependent pathways in cervical cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:141-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the HPV16 E5 protein induces EP4 receptor protein in cervical cancer cells and that this induction involves epidermal growth factor receptor, COX-2, PGE2, EP2 and EP4, protein kinase A, CREB and CRE. ..
- Jang M, Rhee J, Jang D, Kim S. Gene expression profiles are altered in human papillomavirus-16 E6 D25E-expressing cell lines. Virol J. 2011;8:453 pubmed publisher..05). We identified 14 genes, nine down-regulated and five up-regulated upon E6 D25E expression, compared with wild-type E6 expression. These results further emphasize the unique biological activity of the HPV-16 E6 D25E variant. ..
- Park J, Rhyu J, Kim C, Kim H, Lee S, Kwon Y, et al. Neoplastic change of squamo-columnar junction in uterine cervix and vaginal epithelium by exogenous estrogen in hpv-18 URR E6/E7 transgenic mice. Gynecol Oncol. 2003;89:360-8 pubmed
- Pandurangan M, Enkhtaivan G, Venkitasamy B, Mistry B, Noorzai R, Jin B, et al. Time and Concentration-Dependent Therapeutic Potential of Silver Nanoparticles in Cervical Carcinoma Cells. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;170:309-19 pubmed publisher..The AgNPs showed the right cytotoxic effect in cervical carcinoma cells. Our results suggest that metal-based nanoparticles might be a potential candidate for the treatment of cervical cancer. ..
- Shim S, Lee S, Park J, Kim Y, Kim D, Kim J, et al. Risk assessment model for overall survival in patients with locally advanced cervical cancer treated with definitive concurrent chemoradiotherapy. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;128:54-59 pubmed publisher..The nomogram was a better predictive model for overall survival than the FIGO staging system. If externally validated, it could be used to counsel patients with LACC who must choose additional treatment modalities after definitive CCRT. ..
- Park J, Kim D, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim Y, Nam J. Laparoscopic versus open radical hysterectomy in patients with stage IB2 and IIA2 cervical cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2013;108:63-9 pubmed publisher..However, LRH has more favorable surgical outcomes. Therefore, LRH is not only a reasonable alternative to ORH but also the preferred surgical procedure for these patients. ..
- Cho N, Kim Y, Park T, Kim G, Park K, Song K. P63 and EGFR as prognostic predictors in stage IIB radiation-treated cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2003;91:346-53 pubmed..Both molecules were found to be potent molecular risk factors in patients with FIGO stage IIB SCC of the uterine cervix, who had received radiotherapy and concurrent chemotherapy. ..
- Tong S, Lee J, Ki K, Choi Y, Seol H, Lee S, et al. Correlation between FDG uptake by PET/CT and the expressions of glucose transporter type 1 and hexokinase II in cervical cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:654-8 pubmed publisher..In metastatic lymph nodes, the ability of PET/CT to detect cancer may depend on tumor involvement, lymph node size, and GLUT-1 expression. ..
- Hong J, Choi J, Lee J, Eom J, Ko J, Bae J, et al. Can laparoscopic radical hysterectomy be a standard surgical modality in stage IA2-IIA cervical cancer?. Gynecol Oncol. 2012;127:102-6 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the need for larger prospective trials which could support this approach as a new standard of care for stage IA2-IIA cervical cancer. ..
- Cho H, Kim M, Lee J, Son S, Lee K, Lee J, et al. Relationship of serum antioxidant micronutrients and sociodemographic factors to cervical neoplasia: a case-control study. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2009;47:1005-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that antioxidant micronutrients play a role in the prevention of cervical carcinogenesis. ..
- Tae Kim Y, Kyoung Choi E, Hoon Cho N, Hung Ko J, Ick Yang W, Wook Kim J, et al. Expression of cyclin E and p27(KIP1) in cervical carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2000;153:41-50 pubmed..05). Our results were consistent with the concept that the deregulated expression of cyclin E and p27(KIP1) may play an important role in the neoplastic transformation of cervical carcinoma. ..
- Lee J, Lee S, Seo J, Song S, Ahn G, Park C, et al. Increased expressions of claudin-1 and claudin-7 during the progression of cervical neoplasia. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;97:53-9 pubmed..Further studies would likely result in the development of novel approaches for early detection and therapy for this disease. ..
- Park J, Kim Y, Lee A, Lee Y, Kim K, Cho C, et al. Prevalence and type distribution of human papillomavirus in cervical adenocarcinoma in Korean women. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;130:115-20 pubmed publisher..An increase in incidence of cervical adenocarcinoma (CADC) has been reported in many countries, including Korea. However, few studies describe human papillomavirus (HPV) type distribution among CADC in Asia...
- Song S, Lee J, Oh M, Hur J, Park Y, Saw H. Risk factors for the progression or persistence of untreated mild dysplasia of the uterine cervix. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:1608-13 pubmed..6%). Those with high viral loads and both with positive smear and positive HPV test should be followed closely because of their increased risk of progression of untreated mild dysplasia. ..
- Yi J, Jang M, Kim S, Kim S, Rhee J. Degradation of p53 by natural variants of the E6 protein of human papillomavirus type 16. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:1617-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the natural variants, E6 D25E and L83V, similar to the prototype E6 protein, contribute to tumorigenesis by degrading p53. ..
- Noh H, Hah Y, Ha J, Kang M, Zada S, Rha S, et al. Regulation of the epithelial to mesenchymal transition and metastasis by Raf kinase inhibitory protein-dependent Notch1 activity. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4632-46 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RKIP plays a distinct role in activation of Notch1 during EMT and metastasis, providing a new target for cancer treatment. ..
- Jun S, Kim S, Lim M, Lee J, Lee S, Song Y, et al. Knowledge of HPV and Surgery among Women Who Underwent Cervical Conization: A Korean Multi-Center Study. Yonsei Med J. 2016;57:1222-9 pubmed publisher..The level of knowledge related to HPV and CC was unexpectedly low in women who had undergone CC. Intuitive educational resources may improve this knowledge, and further cohort studies are warranted. ..
- Choi Y, Bae S, Lee H, Kim Y, Park T, Ro D, et al. Gene expression profiles in squamous cell cervical carcinoma using array-based comparative genomic hybridization analysis. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2007;17:687-96 pubmed
- Kim H, Kim M, Luo Y, Lee M, Song Y. Favorable factors for preserving bladder function after nerve-sparing radical hysterectomy: A protocol-based validation study. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:492-499 pubmed publisher..IB1 disease and SqCC are favorable for preserving the pelvic autonomic nerves and subsequent bladder function without compromising survival outcomes in patients treated with NSRH. ..
- Kim H, Park N, Kang S. Rare metastases of recurrent cervical cancer to the pericardium and abdominal muscle. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2008;278:479-82 pubmed publisher..Aggressive local and systemic treatments may provide significant palliation of associated symptoms. ..
- Oh J, Kim S, Cho E, Song Y, Kim W, Juhnn Y. Human papillomavirus type 16 E5 protein inhibits hydrogen-peroxide-induced apoptosis by stimulating ubiquitin-proteasome-mediated degradation of Bax in human cervical cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:402-10 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests the possibility that HPV 16 E5 protein contributes to cervical carcinogenesis by inhibiting apoptosis of transformed cervical epithelial cells...
- Yi J, Hur K, Lee E, Jin Y, Arteaga C, Son Y. TGFbeta1 -mediated epithelial to mesenchymal transition is accompanied by invasion in the SiHa cell line. Eur J Cell Biol. 2002;81:457-68 pubmed..In conclusion, TGFbeta1 stimulated epithelial-mesenchymal transition of SiHa cells, indicating a positive role in the invasive transition of tumors...
- Zhao M, Kim Y, Yoon B, Kim S, Kang M, Kim S, et al. Expression profiling of cyclin B1 and D1 in cervical carcinoma. Exp Oncol. 2006;28:44-8 pubmed..Our results were consistent with the concept that up-regulation of cyclin B1 expression occurred in cervical cancer and an aberrant expression of cyclin B1 might play an important role in cervical carcinogenesis. ..
- Lee E, Jo M, Rho S, Park K, Yoo Y, Park J, et al. Dkk3, downregulated in cervical cancer, functions as a negative regulator of beta-catenin. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:287-97 pubmed publisher..We conclude from our finding that Dkk3 is a negative regulator of beta-catenin and its downregulation contribute to an activation of the beta-catenin signaling pathway. ..
- Park J, Kim Y, Ahn S, Choi E, Shin S, Kim Y, et al. Concurrent chemoradiotherapy or radiotherapy alone for locally advanced cervical cancer in elderly women. Tumori. 2010;96:959-65 pubmed..A prospective study is needed to determine the role of concurrent chemoradiotherapy in this population. ..
- Lee Y, Park W, Huh S, Yoon A, Park J, Choi C, et al. Platinum-based combination chemotherapy vs. weekly cisplatin during adjuvant CCRT in early cervical cancer with pelvic LN metastasis. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:4675-81 pubmed..87, p=0.037) when compared to weekly cisplatin. We found that platinum-based combination chemotherapy during adjuvant CCRT after surgery promoted better survival than a weekly cisplatin regimen in ECC patients with pelvic LN metastasis. ..
- Kim M, Lee I, Lee K, Lee Y, So K, Hong S, et al. DNA methylation in human papillomavirus-infected cervical cells is elevated in high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions and cancer. J Gynecol Oncol. 2016;27:e14 pubmed publisher..The possible additive and complementary roles of DNA methylation testing with respect to conventional cervical cancer screening programs will need to be validated in prospective population-based studies. ..
- Ko J, Shin S, Oh Y, Lee Y, Ryoo Z, Lee Y, et al. Transgenic mouse model for breast cancer: induction of breast cancer in novel oncogene HCCR-2 transgenic mice. Oncogene. 2004;23:1950-3 pubmed..These results suggest that HCCR-2 represents an oncoprotein that is related to breast cancer development and regulation of the p53 tumor suppressor. ..
- Kim H, Kim J, Park N, Kim K, Chung H, Kim Y, et al. Matched-case comparison for the efficacy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy before surgery in FIGO stage IB1-IIA cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;119:217-24 pubmed publisher..However, NCS can lead to poor prognosis despite the reduction of intermediate-risk factors and the need of adjuvant radiotherapy in FIGO stage IIA disease. ..
- Tong S, Kim M, Lee J, Lee J, CHOI S, Friso S, et al. Common polymorphisms in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene are associated with risks of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and cervical cancer in women with low serum folate and vitamin B12. Cancer Causes Control. 2011;22:63-72 pubmed publisher..Serum folate concentration is inversely associated with the risk of cervical cancer, and the MTHFR variant genotype may increase CIN and cervical cancer risk in women with low folate or vitamin B12 status. ..
- Kim M, Kim H, Suh D, Kim K, Kim H, Kim Y, et al. Identifying Rational Candidates for Immunotherapy Targeting PD-1/PD-L1 in Cervical Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5087-5094 pubmed..Patients with SqCC and favorable clinicopathological factors could be candidates for anti-PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy in cervical cancer. ..
- Park H, Park M, Kim Y, Chun S, Ahn J, Kim C, et al. Mullerian adenosarcoma with sarcomatous overgrowth of the cervix presenting as cervical polyp: a case report and review of the literature. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2004;14:1024-9 pubmed..Gynecologists and pathologists should be aware of the difficulties associated with a delay in the diagnosis of MASO when the tumor is present as a benign looking cervical polyp...
- Han J, Kim H, Park S, Lee S, Kim H, Son G, et al. A nontoxic derivative of lipopolysaccharide increases immune responses to Gardasil HPV vaccine in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:169-76 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that CIA05, in synergy with alum, enhances the immune response to HPV L1 VLPs and suggest its potential as an adjuvant for the development of a potent prophylactic HPV vaccine. ..
- Lee S, Lee A, Kim T, Kim J, Bae J, Lee C, et al. Correlation between immunocytochemistry of human papilloma virus L1 capsid protein and behavior of low-grade cervical cytology in Korean women. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2011;37:1222-8 pubmed publisher..05). Immunocytochemical detection of HPV L1 was significantly related with the biological patterns of LSIL in Korean women. Hence, immunocytochemistry for the detection of HPV L1 is beneficial in providing further information for LSIL. ..
- Yoon A, Choi C, Kim H, Park J, Lee Y, Kim T, et al. Contributing factors for bone metastasis in uterine cervical cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013;23:1311-7 pubmed publisher..Once bone metastasis was recognized, the survival of these patients was poor and no factors were identified to predict survival of those patients. ..
- Jee S, Lee J, Park J. Polymorphism of codon 72 of p53 and environmental factors in the development of cervical cancer. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2003;80:69-70 pubmed
- Kim W, Lee J, Choi J, Choi C, Kim T, Kim B, et al. Increased expression of Toll-like receptor 5 during progression of cervical neoplasia. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2008;18:300-5 pubmed..1452). The IHC result suggests that TLR5 may play a significant role in tumor progression of cervical neoplasia and may represent a useful marker for malignant transformation of cervical squamous cells. ..
- Min K, Kwon S, Kim S, Kim H, Seong S, Song Y, et al. Preventive vaccination against cervical cancer: Korean Society of Gynecologic Oncology Guideline. J Gynecol Oncol. 2016;27:e30 pubmed publisher..The KSGO has revised the previous guideline based on the results of the above studies. ..