Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: transcription factors
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Han J, Kim Y, Lee K, Her N, Ha T, Yoon S, et al. ZNF313 is a novel cell cycle activator with an E3 ligase activity inhibiting cellular senescence by destabilizing p21(WAF1.). Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:1055-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, ZNF313 is a novel E3 ligase for p21(WAF1), whose alteration might be implicated in the pathogenesis of several human diseases, including cancers. ..
- Kim H, Kwon S, Jang Y, Chung J, Nam M, Park O. GDSL lipase 1 regulates ethylene signaling and ethylene-associated systemic immunity in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1652-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GLIP1 positively and negatively regulates ethylene signaling, resulting in an ethylene-associated, necrotroph-induced immune response...
- Kim J, Lee M, Kim Y, Woo J, Park C. A basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor regulates cell elongation and seed germination. Mol Cells. 2005;19:334-41 pubmed..Our observations indicate that NAN has a housekeeping role in plant growth and development, particularly in seed germination and cell elongation, and that it may modulate GA signaling. ..
- Cho Y, Kim E, Park U, Sin H, Um S. Additional sex comb-like 1 (ASXL1), in cooperation with SRC-1, acts as a ligand-dependent coactivator for retinoic acid receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17588-98 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest that ASXL1 is a novel coactivator of RAR that cooperates with SRC-1 and implicates it as a potential antitumor target of RA in RA-resistant cancer cells. ..
- Kim S, Kim H, Park S, Im S, Li T, Cheon H, et al. Liver glucokinase can be activated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma. Diabetes. 2004;53 Suppl 1:S66-70 pubmed..Furthermore, troglitazone increased endogenous GK mRNA in primary hepatocytes. These results indicate that PPAR-gamma can directly activate GK expression in liver and may contribute to improving glucose homeostasis in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Jung H, Lee J, Kim J, Ryu K, Kang S, Park C, et al. STAT1 and Nmi are downstream targets of Ets-1 transcription factor in MCF-7 human breast cancer cell. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3941-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that STAT1 and Nmi are downstream targets of Ets-1 in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. ..
- Lee W, Kim M, Park H, Kim H, Jeon M, Oh K, et al. AMPK activation increases fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by activating PPARalpha and PGC-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:291-5 pubmed..These data suggest that a novel transcriptional regulatory mechanism involving PPARalpha and PGC-1 exists that is responsible for long-term stimulation of fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by AICAR. ..
- Choi K, Oh S, Kang H, Lee Y, Haam S, Kim H, et al. The functional relationship between co-repressor N-CoR and SMRT in mediating transcriptional repression by thyroid hormone receptor alpha. Biochem J. 2008;411:19-26 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that both SMRT and N-CoR are limited in cells and that knocking down either of them results in co-repressor-free TR and consequently de-repression of TR target genes. ..
- Kang D, Jung K, Kim S, Jeon S. Computational-aided identification of genes regulated by the Drosophila vnd. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:355-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results obtained from this study indicate that expression of at least four genes, uzip, CG7687, SytIV, and ase, are regulated by Vnd. ..
- Lee Y, Lee H, Lee S, Koh J, Jin C, Park S, et al. Taurine supplementation restored the changes in pancreatic islet mitochondria in the fetal protein-malnourished rat. Br J Nutr. 2011;106:1198-206 pubmed publisher..The lack of taurine may be a key causative factor for these dysfunctional mitochondrial changes. ..
- Seo P, Park M, Lim M, Kim S, Lee M, Baldwin I, et al. A self-regulatory circuit of CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED1 underlies the circadian clock regulation of temperature responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2427-42 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we propose that dynamic self-regulation of CCA1 underlies the clock regulation of temperature responses in Arabidopsis. ..
- Hong I, Kang T, Yoo Y, Park R, Lee J, Lee S, et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of the hippocampus in the 5XFAD mouse model at early stages of Alzheimer's disease pathology. J Alzheimers Dis. 2013;36:321-34 pubmed publisher..Together with a recent study on the transcriptome of 5XFAD mice, our study allows a comprehensive understanding of the molecular events occurring in 5XFAD mice during the early stages of AD pathology. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, Kang H, Oh G, Kim T. Two distinct domains of Flo8 activator mediates its role in transcriptional activation and the physical interaction with Mss11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:202-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings provide valuable clues for understanding the molecular mechanism of Flo8-mediated transcriptional control of multiple targets. ..
- Yeo M, Yoo Y, Choi H, Pak Y, Lee M. Negative cross-talk between Nur77 and small heterodimer partner and its role in apoptotic cell death of hepatoma cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:950-63 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that SHP plays a key role in the regulation of Nur77 activation and thereby in Nur77-mediated apoptosis in the liver. ..
- Lee H, Park U, Kim E, Um S. MED25 is distinct from TRAP220/MED1 in cooperating with CBP for retinoid receptor activation. EMBO J. 2007;26:3545-57 pubmed..Our data suggest that MED25, in cooperation with CBP and Mediators through its distinct domains, imposes a selective advantage on RAR/RXR activation. ..
- Lim K, Chang H. O-GlcNAc inhibits interaction between Sp1 and Elf-1 transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:569-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that O-GlcNAc inhibits Sp1-mediated gene transcription possibly by interrupting Sp1 interaction with its cooperative factor. ..
- Ryu J, Lee C. Differential promoter activity by nucleotide substitution at a type 2 diabetes genome-wide association study signal upstream of the wolframin gene. J Diabetes. 2016;8:253-9 pubmed publisher..The previously reported GWAS signal for T2D may be identified by the differential promoter activity of rs4320200, rs13107806, and rs13127445 in the promoter of WFS1 by nucleotide substitution. ..
- Narayanan R, Pirouz M, Kerimoglu C, Pham L, Wagener R, Kiszka K, et al. Loss of BAF (mSWI/SNF) Complexes Causes Global Transcriptional and Chromatin State Changes in Forebrain Development. Cell Rep. 2015;13:1842-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a molecular mechanism mediated by BAF complexes that controls the global transcriptional program and chromatin state in development. ..
- Kim H, Cho Y. Structural similarity between the pocket region of retinoblastoma tumour suppressor and the cyclin-box. Nat Struct Biol. 1997;4:390-5 pubmed..We present the structural/functional features of the Rb pocket, and the potential binding region for cellular or viral proteins within domain A. ..
- Kang J, Paget M, Seok Y, Hahn M, Bae J, Hahn J, et al. RsrA, an anti-sigma factor regulated by redox change. EMBO J. 1999;18:4292-8 pubmed publisher..Thioredoxin was able to reduce oxidized RsrA, suggesting that sigma(R), RsrA and the thioredoxin system comprise a novel feedback homeostasis loop that senses and responds to changes in the intracellular thiol-disulfide redox balance...
- Cheong J, Eom J, Maeng H, Lee S, Hahn J, Ko Y, et al. Constitutive phosphorylation of FKHR transcription factor as a prognostic variable in acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2003;27:1159-62 pubmed..05). In conclusion, the constitutive phosphorylation of FKHR was observed in the majority of AML, and the detection of phospho-FKHR might provide a new tool for identifying AML patients with an unfavorable outcome. ..
- Yoo S, Jung K, Kim J, Sung S, Chung J, Shim Y, et al. Expression patterns of markers for type II pneumocytes in pulmonary sclerosing hemangiomas and fetal lung tissues. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005;129:915-9 pubmed..Although the histogenesis of sclerosing hemangioma is currently not well understood, the tumor has been characterized by its 2 histologically different types of cells, namely, surface and polygonal cells...
- Seo H, Chung D, Lee Y, Lee D, Kim J, Bae S, et al. Heat shock protein 25 or inducible heat shock protein 70 activates heat shock factor 1: dephosphorylation on serine 307 through inhibition of ERK1/2 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17220-7 pubmed
- Kang S, Kim S, Kim S, Jeon S. Temporal and spatial expression of homeotic genes is important for segment-specific neuroblast 6-4 lineage formation in Drosophila. Mol Cells. 2006;21:436-42 pubmed..Our results indicate that temporal and spa-tial expression of the homeotic genes is important to determine segmental-specificity of NB6-4 daughter cells along the anterior-posterior (A/P) axis. ..
- Roh H, Lee M, Jeon B, Choi W, Kim Y, Yu M, et al. Regulation of pokemon 1 activity by sumoylation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:167-80 pubmed..Our data suggest that Pokemon 1's activity as a transcription factor may involve sumoylation, and that sumoylation might be important in the regulation of transcription by Pokemon 1. ..
- Han K, Yang D, Chang E, Lee Y, Huang H, Sung S, et al. Inhibition of osteoclast differentiation and bone resorption by sauchinone. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:911-23 pubmed..Also the in vivo effect of sauchinone on bone erosion strengthens the potential usefulness of this compound for diseases involving bone resorption. ..
- Ryu J, Kim S, Lee H, Bai J, Nam Y, Bae J, et al. Innate immune homeostasis by the homeobox gene caudal and commensal-gut mutualism in Drosophila. Science. 2008;319:777-82 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that a specific genetic deficiency within a host can profoundly influence the gut commensal microbial community and host physiology...
- Lee E, Kim J, Lee M, Jameson J. Splice variants of the forkhead box protein AFX exhibit dominant negative activity and inhibit AFXalpha-mediated tumor cell apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2743 pubmed publisher..These variants also inhibited AFXalpha induction of apoptosis. Loss of function by aberrant splicing and the dominant negative activity of AFX variants may provide a mechanism for enhanced survival of neoplastic cells. ..
- Seo P, Xiang F, Qiao M, Park J, Lee Y, Kim S, et al. The MYB96 transcription factor mediates abscisic acid signaling during drought stress response in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:275-89 pubmed publisher..We propose that MYB96 is a molecular link that mediates ABA-auxin cross talk in drought stress response and lateral root growth, providing an adaptive strategy under drought stress conditions. ..
- Han S, Lee K, Park S, Lee J, Ahn H, Shin H, et al. Genome-wide association study of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Korea. Leuk Res. 2010;34:1271-4 pubmed publisher..2). Our genome-wide association study in Korea children identified a few genetic variations as potential susceptibility markers for ALL, warranting further replication studies among various ethnic groups. ..
- Byun E, Park B, Lim J, Kim H. Activation of NF-?B and AP-1 Mediates Hyperproliferation by Inducing ?-Catenin and c-Myc in Helicobacter pylori-Infected Gastric Epithelial Cells. Yonsei Med J. 2016;57:647-51 pubmed publisher..pylori-infected cells. H. pylori-induced activation of NF-?B and AP-1 regulates transcription of oncogenes and mediates hyperproliferation in gastric epithelial cells. ..
- Han S, Kim S, Kim H, Lee Y, Choi S, Park G, et al. Cobll1 is linked to drug resistance and blastic transformation in chronic myeloid leukemia. Leukemia. 2017;31:1532-1539 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that Cobll1 is a novel biomarker and potential therapeutic target for CML-BC. ..
- Choi S, Oh C, Kim S, Kim Y, Jeon S. Effects of Polycomb group mutations on the expression of Ultrabithorax in the Drosophila visceral mesoderm. Mol Cells. 2000;10:156-61 pubmed
- Lee H, Ahn C, Kim S, Song Y, Lim S, Kim K, et al. Mutation in hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha is not a common cause of MODY and early-onset type 2 diabetes in Korea. Acta Diabetol. 2001;38:123-7 pubmed..We concluded that this genetic mutation in HNF-1alpha gene may not be a common contributor to MODY and early-onset type 2 diabetes susceptibility in Korea. ..
- Kim I, Kim M, Lee C, Yim H, Cha S, Kang S. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the DNA-binding domain of BldD from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:1115-7 pubmed..2, b = 31.8, c = 33.6 angstroms, beta = 105.1 degrees. Analysis of the packing density shows that the asymmetric unit probably contains one molecule, with a solvent content of 43.6%. ..
- Han K, Woo S, Kim W, Park S, Cha J, Kim J, et al. Maturation of TonEBP expression in developing rat kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;287:F878-85 pubmed..These data suggest that TonEBP contributes to the development of urine-concentrating ability. ..
- Yoo Y, Yeo M, Kim D, Park H, Lee M. Novel function of orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 in stabilizing hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53365-73 pubmed..Together, our results demonstrate a novel function for Nur77 in the stabilization of HIF-1alpha and suggest a potential role for Nur77 in tumor progression and metastasis. ..
- Park D, Lee K, Baek C, Kim I, Kwon J, Lee W, et al. Cyclo(Phe-Pro) modulates the expression of ompU in Vibrio spp. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:2214-21 pubmed..cholerae of the ctx genes, which are known to be regulated by ToxR. Our results suggest that cFP is a signal molecule controlling the expression of genes important for the pathogenicity of Vibrio spp. ..
- Cho H, Shin M, Ahn K, Lee S, Kim H, Ki C, et al. X-linked Opitz G/BBB syndrome: identification of a novel mutation and prenatal diagnosis in a Korean family. J Korean Med Sci. 2006;21:790-3 pubmed..After identification of the causative mutation in this family, prenatal diagnosis of two consecutive fetuses were successfully undertaken. This is the first report on a genetically confirmed case of XLOS in Korea. ..
- Lee I, Oh S, Kim S, Lee D, Seo S. Highly acidic C-terminal domain of pp32 is required for the interaction with histone chaperone, TAF-Ibeta. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:2395-8 pubmed..In this study, we report that the synergistic inhibition of HAT-mediated transcription by TAF-Ibeta and pp32 is dependent on the highly acidic C-terminal domain of pp32. ..
- Jeong M, Kang C, Kim J, Heo D, Chang M, Baek I, et al. A novel function of Aft1 in regulating ferrioxamine B uptake: Aft1 modulates Arn3 ubiquitination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2009;422:181-91 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found Aft1 affected Arn3 ubiquitination. These results suggest that Aft1 interacts with Arn3 and may regulate the ubiquitination of Arn3 in the cytosolic compartment. ..
- Hwang E. Transcriptional regulation of T helper 17 cell differentiation. Yonsei Med J. 2010;51:484-91 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the functions and regulatory mechanisms of several transcription factors in the control of Th17 cell differentiation. ..
- Kim M, Yoon H, Cho S, Lee H, Suh J, Lee J, et al. ider(17)(q10)t(15;17) associated with relapse and poor prognosis in a pediatric patient with acute promyelocytic leukemia. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;201:116-21 pubmed publisher..However, further well-designed case-control studies are necessary to determine the treatment response and prognosis in pediatric or adult APL patients with ider(17)(q10)t(15;17)...
- Kwon M, Lee G, Lee M, Kim J, Yoo H, Ki C, et al. PHOX2B mutations in patients with Ondine-Hirschsprung disease and a review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr. 2011;170:1267-71 pubmed publisher..We believe that the information in this report will improve our understanding of the phenotypic and genotypic heterogeneities of CCHS and HSCR. ..
- Kim J, Lee H, Cho D, Choi E, Cho Y, Ha Y, et al. Genome-wide identification of possible methylation markers chemosensitive to targeted regimens in colorectal cancers. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:1571-80 pubmed publisher..As our study did not include a clinical association study, the two candidates should be validated in large clinical cohorts, hopefully predicting responsive patients to targeted regimens. ..
- Hong K, Lee Y, Kim B, Lee S, Moon H. Expression of GLI1 correlates with expression of lymphangiogenesis proteins, vascular endothelial growth factor C and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3, in colorectal cancer. Am Surg. 2013;79:198-204 pubmed..Further studies are necessary to determine the association of this relationship with lymph node metastasis in CRC. ..
- Kim Y, Kweon J, Kim A, Chon J, Yoo J, Kim H, et al. A library of TAL effector nucleases spanning the human genome. Nat Biotechnol. 2013;31:251-8 pubmed publisher..Compared with cells treated with short interfering RNAs, these cells showed unambiguous suppression of signal transduction. ..
- Huh J, Lee S. IL-6 is produced by adipose-derived stromal cells and promotes osteogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:2608-2616 pubmed publisher..Our results thus establish TLRs as novel regulators of ASCs which signal through IL-6/STAT3 pathway and induce osterix expression as a part of the osteogenesis. ..
- Jeong H, Bhin J, Joon Kim H, Hwang D, Ryul Lee D, Kim K. Transcriptional regulatory networks underlying the reprogramming of spermatogonial stem cells to multipotent stem cells. Exp Mol Med. 2017;49:e315 pubmed publisher..Our TRNs provide a model for the temporally coordinated transcriptional regulation of pluripotency-related processes during the SSC-to-mSSC reprogramming, which can be further tested in detailed functional studies. ..
- Park Y, Kim T, Yun C. Functional characterization of the copper transcription factor AfMac1 from Aspergillus fumigatus. Biochem J. 2017;474:2365-2378 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AfMac1 is a copper transcription factor that regulates cellular copper homeostasis in A. fumigatus. ..
- Park J, Park C, Lee S, Ham B, Shin R, Paek K. Overexpression of the tobacco Tsi1 gene encoding an EREBP/AP2-type transcription factor enhances resistance against pathogen attack and osmotic stress in tobacco. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1035-46 pubmed..These results suggest that Tsi1 might be involved as a positive trans-acting factor in two separate signal transduction pathways under abiotic and biotic stress. ..
- Lee K, Lee H, Kim Y, Yu H, Yang H, Kim W, et al. Prognostic significance of p53, nm23, PCNA and c-erbB-2 in gastric cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2003;33:173-9 pubmed..The expression of p53 and nm23 seems to be related with poor prognosis of gastric cancer patients who have undergone gastrectomy. However, the prognostic significance was not revealed by a multivariate analysis. ..
- Kang S, Seol J, Kim J. The conserved WRPW motif of Hes6 mediates proteasomal degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:33-6 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a novel function of this conserved motif as a degradation signal and raise the possibility of utilizing it for controlling the level of ectopically expressed gene products. ..
- Roh J, Lee M, Lee H, Kim S, Cho Y, Kim Y, et al. Transcriptional regulatory cascade for elastase production in Vibrio vulnificus: LuxO activates luxT expression and LuxT represses smcR expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34775-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study demonstrates a transcriptional regulatory cascade for elastase production, where LuxO activates luxT transcription and LuxT represses smcR transcription...
- Seong K, Baek J, Yu M, Kim J. Rpn13p and Rpn14p are involved in the recognition of ubiquitinated Gcn4p by the 26S proteasome. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2567-73 pubmed..Taken together, our findings indicate that Rpn13p and Rpn14p are involved in the efficient recognition of 26S proteasome for the proteolysis of ubiquitinated Gcn4p. ..
- Lee K, Yeo W, Roe J. Oxidant-responsive induction of the suf operon, encoding a Fe-S assembly system, through Fur and IscR in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:8244-7 pubmed publisher..For apo-IscR to bind, oxidation-mediated dissociation of Fur is required. Therefore, a peroxide-responsive signal is transduced through OxyR, IscR, and Fur to achieve oxidation-sensitive and maximal induction of this operon. ..
- Baek I, Kim J, Cho K, Cha D, Cho J, Park J, et al. A novel mutation in Hr causes abnormal hair follicle morphogenesis in hairpoor mouse, an animal model for Marie Unna Hereditary Hypotrichosis. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:350-8 pubmed publisher..In the present study we describe the phenotype, histological morphology, and molecular etiology of an animal model of MUHH, the hairpoor mouse. ..
- Lee S, Kim K, Ryu S, Yoon Y, Hahm D, Kang S, et al. Asarone inhibits adipogenesis and stimulates lipolysis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2010;56 Suppl:OL1215-22 pubmed
- Jung S, Jeong D, Kim J, Yi L, Koo K, Lee J, et al. The role of hLHX6-HMR as a methylation biomarker for early diagnosis of cervical cancer. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1675-82 pubmed..Therefore, hLHX6-HMR can be used as an effective and sensitive methylation biomarker for early diagnosis of cervical cancer. ..
- Koo J, Jung W. Alteration of REDD1-mediated mammalian target of rapamycin pathway and hypoxia-inducible factor-1? regulation in human breast cancer. Pathobiology. 2010;77:289-300 pubmed publisher..307). In the HER2 overexpression type and TNBC, tumor cell proliferation and survival in the hypoxic tumor environment could possibly be due to disinhibition of the mTOR pathway and HIF-1? stabilization by downregulation of REDD1. ..
- Jung J, Seo P, Kang S, Park C. miR172 signals are incorporated into the miR156 signaling pathway at the SPL3/4/5 genes in Arabidopsis developmental transitions. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;76:35-45 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations indicate that although miR172 and miR156 play distinct roles in the timing of developmental phase transitions, there is a signaling crosstalk mediated by the SPL3/4/5 genes. ..
- Kim T, Lee J, Hwang T, Kang C, Choi Y. Hedgehog signaling protein expression and its association with prognostic parameters in prostate cancer: a retrospective study from the view point of new 2010 anatomic stage/prognostic groups. J Surg Oncol. 2011;104:472-9 pubmed publisher..Hh signaling activity is significantly associated with worse prognostic parameters. Shh can be regarded as a poor prognostic factor for PSA recurrence. ..
- Jung J, Ju Y, Seo P, Lee J, Park C. The SOC1-SPL module integrates photoperiod and gibberellic acid signals to control flowering time in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2012;69:577-88 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that the SOC1-SPL module serves as a molecular link that integrates photoperiod and GA signals to promote flowering in Arabidopsis. ..
- Jeon Y, Jo M, Yoo H, Hong S, Park J, Ka S, et al. Chemosensitivity is controlled by p63 modification with ubiquitin-like protein ISG15. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2622-36 pubmed publisher..These findings establish ISG15 as a tumor suppressor via its conjugation to ?Np63? and provide a molecular rationale for therapeutic use of doxorubicin against ?Np63?-mediated cancers. ..
- Lim J, Kim E, Kim M, Chung S, Shin S, Kim H, et al. Age-associated molecular changes in the kidney in aged mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2012;2012:171383 pubmed publisher..Klotho can also induce oxidative stress. Pharmacologically targeting these signaling molecules may reduce the pathologic changes of aging in the kidney. ..
- Kim D, Hahn J. Roles of the Yap1 transcription factor and antioxidants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae's tolerance to furfural and 5-hydroxymethylfurfural, which function as thiol-reactive electrophiles generating oxidative stress. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:5069-77 pubmed publisher..However, increasing GSH levels by overexpression of genes for GSH biosynthesis (GSH1 and GLR1) or by the exogenous addition of GSH to the culture medium enhanced tolerance to furfural but not to HMF. ..
- Cho S, Jung S, Hong S, Lee E, Lee J, Lee S, et al. Independent validation of DNA-based approaches for age prediction in blood. Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2017;29:250-256 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the usefulness of the proposed markers and the genotyping method in an independent dataset, and suggests the possibility of combining different types of DNA markers to improve prediction accuracy. ..
- Choi S, Mun G, Choi E, Kim S, Kwon Y, Na Y, et al. The Conjugated Double Bond of Coniferyl Aldehyde Is Essential for Heat Shock Factor 1 Mediated Cytotoprotection. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2379-2383 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the vinyl moiety of 1 and 2 is necessary for inducing HSF1, which may be useful for developing small molecules for cytoprotection of normal cells against damage by cytotoxic drugs and radiation. ..
- Lee D, Suh D, Edenberg H, Hur M. POZ domain transcription factor, FBI-1, represses transcription of ADH5/FDH by interacting with the zinc finger and interfering with DNA binding activity of Sp1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26761-8 pubmed..Our data suggest that POZ domain represses transcription by interacting with Sp1 zinc fingers and by interfering with the DNA binding activity of Sp1. ..
- Han J, Kang S, Lee H, Kim H, Hwang D. Sequential binding of SeqA to paired hemi-methylated GATC sequences mediates formation of higher order complexes. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34983-9 pubmed..Aggregation might be indicative of SeqA foci, which appear to track replication forks in vivo. Studies of the properties of SeqA binding will contribute to our understanding of the function of SeqA. ..
- Lee J, Yeo W, Roe J. Induction of the sufA operon encoding Fe-S assembly proteins by superoxide generators and hydrogen peroxide: involvement of OxyR, IHF and an unidentified oxidant-responsive factor. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:1745-55 pubmed
- Lee M, Joo W, Kim C. Identification of a novel protein D3UPCA from Halobacterium salinarum and prediction of its function. Proteomics. 2004;4:3622-31 pubmed
- Ku Y, Chung C, Jang J. The effect of the surface modification of titanium using a recombinant fragment of fibronectin and vitronectin on cell behavior. Biomaterials. 2005;26:5153-7 pubmed..05) in protein adhesion. These results suggest that the FN(8-10)-modified titanium surface can be used to improve the osseointegration of titanium implants by enhancing bone formation. ..
- Nam T, Park Y, Jeong H, Ryu S, Seok Y. Glucose repression of the Escherichia coli sdhCDAB operon, revisited: regulation by the CRP*cAMP complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:6712-22 pubmed..cAMP level in the presence of glucose is the major determinant of the glucose repression of the sdhCDAB operon. ..
- Kim H, Kim B, Soh J, Cho E, Liu J, Youn H. A novel function of Nur77: physical and functional association with protein kinase C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:950-6 pubmed..Therefore, these findings demonstrate a novel function of Nur77 as a PKC inhibitor and give insights into molecular mechanisms of various Nur77-mediated physiological phenomena. ..
- Kim S, Chung S, Yoon J, Choi K, Yim J. Ectopic expression of Tollo/Toll-8 antagonizes Dpp signaling and induces cell sorting in the Drosophila wing. Genesis. 2006;44:541-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that Tollo function might be redundant but is sufficient to antagonize Dpp signaling and induce sorting of Tollo expressing cells from the wing cells to develop proximal cell fate. ..
- Lim J, Kim W, Kim J, Park S. Involvement of TGF-beta1 signaling in cardiomyocyte differentiation from P19CL6 cells. Mol Cells. 2007;24:431-6 pubmed..5. Taken together, these results suggest that TGF-beta1 is involved in cardiomyocyte differentiation by regulating cell cycle progression and cardiac gene expression in an autocrine or paracrine manner. ..
- Choi H, Yim S, Xu H, Jung S, Shin S, Hu H, et al. Tropomyosin3 overexpression and a potential link to epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:122 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first evidence that TPM3 gets involved in migration and invasion of HCCs by modifying EMT pathway. ..
- Kim M, Yim H, Kang S. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the NmrA-like DDB_G0286605 protein from the social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:94-7 pubmed publisher..This may be a consequence of the low sequence identity between the DDB_G0286605 protein and the search models (DDB_G0286605 has a primary-sequence identity of 28, 32 and 19% to NmrA, HCARG and QOR2, respectively). ..
- Lee H, Nemecek D, Schindler C, Smith W, Ghirlando R, Steven A, et al. Assembly and architecture of biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-1 (BLOC-1). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5882-90 pubmed publisher..The two subcomplexes appear to constitute flexible units within the larger BLOC-1 chain, an arrangement conducive to simultaneous interactions with multiple BLOC-1 partners in the course of tubular endosome biogenesis and sorting. ..
- Lee M, Byun M, Furutani Seiki M, Hong J, Jung H. YAP and TAZ regulate skin wound healing. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:518-525 pubmed publisher..YAP and TAZ also modulate the expression of TGF-?1 signaling pathway components such as Smad-2, p21, and Smad-7. These results suggest that YAP and TAZ localization to the nucleus is required for skin wound healing. ..