Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on temperature in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Kim H, Hyun E, Kim Y, Lee Y, Oh D. Characterization of an Agrobacterium tumefaciens D-psicose 3-epimerase that converts D-fructose to D-psicose. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:981-5 pubmed..The equilibrium ratio between D-psicose and D-fructose was 32:68 at 30 degrees C. D-Psicose was produced at 230 g/liter from 700-g/liter D-fructose at 50 degrees C after 100 min, corresponding to a conversion yield of 32.9%. ..
- Toti U, Moon S, Kim H, Jun Y, Kim B, Park Y, et al. Thermosensitive and biocompatible cyclotriphosphazene micelles. J Control Release. 2007;119:34-40 pubmed..The local tolerance tests using rabbits have shown excellent biocompatibility of the trimers. Also a promising in vitro releasing profile was obtained for local delivery of human growth hormone (hGH) as a model protein drug...
- Kim H, Lee S, Lee D, Kim H, Bang W, Kim K, et al. Overexpression and molecular characterization of Aga50D from Saccharophagus degradans 2-40: an exo-type beta-agarase producing neoagarobiose. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;86:227-34 pubmed publisher..The optimum pH and temperature for the activity were 7.0 and 30 degrees C, respectively. The K (m) and V (max) for agarose were 41.9 mg/ml (4.2 mM) and 17.9 U/mg, respectively...
- Lee J, Na Y, Kim S, Chung S. Unsteady flow characteristics through a human nasal airway. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2010;172:136-46 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the temperature field showed that most of the temperature change occurs in the nasal cavity when the air is incoming and thus, the nasal cavity acts as a very efficient heat exchanger during an inspiration period. ..
- Kim Y, Kim S, Shin Y, Jung I, Lee S. Failure of setting of mineral trioxide aggregate in the presence of fetal bovine serum and its prevention. J Endod. 2012;38:536-40 pubmed publisher..In contrast, short-term exposure to FBS had minimal or no detrimental effects on the setting behaviors of both MTAs. ..
- Ma L, Ye C, Yu Y, Lu X, Niu X, Kim S, et al. A metallic mosaic phase and the origin of Mott-insulating state in 1T-TaS2. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10956 pubmed publisher..We discover that the nature of the new phase is dictated by the stacking order, and our results shed fresh light on the origin of the Mott phase in 1T-TaS2. ..
- Kim C, Ji E, Oh D. Characterization of a thermostable recombinant beta-galactosidase from Thermotoga maritima. J Appl Microbiol. 2004;97:1006-14 pubmed..The findings of this work contribute to the knowledge of hydrolysis and transgalactosylation performed by beta-galactosidase of hyperthermophilic bacteria. ..
- Lee D, Choe E, Kim S, Eom S, Hong Y, Lee S, et al. Distinct metal dependence for catalytic and structural functions in the L-arabinose isomerases from the mesophilic Bacillus halodurans and the thermophilic Geobacillus stearothermophilus. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;434:333-43 pubmed..We therefore propose that the metal ion requirement of the thermophilic G. stearothermophilus AI reflects the need to adopt the correct substrate-binding conformation and the structural stability at elevated temperatures. ..
- Park H, Park C, Kim H, Oh D. Substrate specificity of a galactose 6-phosphate isomerase from Lactococcus lactis that produces d-allose from d-psicose. J Biotechnol. 2007;132:88-95 pubmed..The interconversion occurred via two isomerization reactions, i.e., the interconversion of d-allose<-->d-psicose<-->d-altrose, and d-allose to d-psicose reaction was faster than d-altrose to d-psicose reaction. ..
- Jeong Y, Park K, Kim D. Isothermal DNA amplification in vitro: the helicase-dependent amplification system. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:3325-36 pubmed publisher..This review describes components and detailed aspects of current HDA systems using Escherichia coli UvrD helicase and T7 bacteriophage gp4 helicase with consideration of the processivity and efficiency of DNA amplification. ..
- Han E, Park Y, Kim E, In S, Yang W, Lee S, et al. Simultaneous analysis of ?(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol and 11-nor-9-carboxy-tetrahydrocannabinol in hair without different sample preparation and derivatization by gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2011;55:1096-103 pubmed publisher..The analytical sensitivity for THCCOOH in hair was good, while that for THC in hair needs to be improved in further study. ..
- Cha W, Jeong N, Song S, Park H, Thanh Pham T, Harder R, et al. Core-shell strain structure of zeolite microcrystals. Nat Mater. 2013;12:729-34 pubmed publisher..Engineering such strain effects could have a major impact on the design of future catalysts. ..
- Cho I, Choi E, Lim H, Lee H. Purification and characterization of six fibrinolytic serine-proteases from earthworm Lumbricus rubellus. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;37:199-205 pubmed..All six iso-enzymes had identical aa residues 2-3 and 13-15. The N-terminal 21-22 aa sequences of the F2, F3, and F4 iso-enzymes were almost the same. The N-terminal aa sequences of F5 and F6 were identical. ..
- Hong M, Kwon J, Shim J, Lee J. Differential hypoxia response of hsp-16 genes in the nematode. J Mol Biol. 2004;344:369-81 pubmed..We propose a working model for the orientation-dependent promoter usage between two genes sharing the promoter region. We also discuss a possible application of the hypoxia-inducible promoter for conditional gene expression. ..
- Han Y, Tran T, Kim S, Lee S. Multiwavelength Raman-fiber-laser-based long-distance remote sensor for simultaneous measurement of strain and temperature. Opt Lett. 2005;30:1282-4 pubmed..This allows simultaneous measurement of strain and temperature for long-distance sensing applications of more than 50 km. ..
- Hong Y, Lee D, Lee S, Choe E, Kim S, Lee Y, et al. Production of D-tagatose at high temperatures using immobilized Escherichia coli cells expressing L-arabinose isomerase from Thermotoga neapolitana. Biotechnol Lett. 2007;29:569-74 pubmed..The resulting cell reactor (2.4 U, t (1/2) = 43 days at 70 degrees C) in a continuous recycling mode at 70 degrees C produced 49 and 38 g D-tagatose/l from 180 and 90 g D-galactose/l, respectively, within 12 h...
- Pal S, Tak Y, Joardar J, Kim W, Lee J, Han M, et al. Nanocrystalline silver supported on activated carbon matrix from hydrosol: antibacterial mechanism under prolonged incubation conditions. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2009;9:2092-103 pubmed..Comparison of the antibacterial activities of the silver-supported materials prepared by silver colloid deposition and by conventional thermal impregnation technique indicates that former is more efficient in controlling microorganism. ..
- Kim D, Kim O, Kim H, Kim H, Lee S, Suh S. ATP-dependent DNA ligase from Archaeoglobus fulgidus displays a tightly closed conformation. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:544-50 pubmed publisher..It resembles the closed conformation of P. furiosus DNA ligase but was even more closed, thus enhancing our understanding of the conformational variability of these enzymes. ..
- Isbat M, Zeba N, Kim S, Hong C. A BAX inhibitor-1 gene in Capsicum annuum is induced under various abiotic stresses and endows multi-tolerance in transgenic tobacco. J Plant Physiol. 2009;166:1685-93 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that CaBI-1 is a BI-1 gene of which expression induced under various abiotic stresses and endows tolerance to several types of environmental stresses. ..
- Oh M, Paek S, Shin G, Kim H, Jung G, Oh S. Simultaneous identification of seven foodborne pathogens and Escherichia coli (pathogenic and nonpathogenic) using capillary electrophoresis-based single-strand conformation polymorphism coupled with multiplex PCR. J Food Prot. 2009;72:1262-6 pubmed..The simplicity and high sensitivity of the method may lead to improved management of safety and illness related to food. ..
- Kim M, Hong H, Hong J, Park C, Kwon S, Kim S, et al. The effect of VEGF on the myogenic differentiation of adipose tissue derived stem cells within thermosensitive hydrogel matrices. Biomaterials. 2010;31:1213-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the combination of ADSC and in vivo gel-forming MPEG-PCL with VEGF(165) might serve as a suitable non-invasive biomaterial for clinical muscle regeneration applications. ..
- Kim H, Lee J, Jeffries T, Choi I. Response surface optimization of oxalic acid pretreatment of yellow poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera) for production of glucose and xylose monosaccarides. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:1440-6 pubmed publisher..037 g/g, 13 min yielding 72.0% of the predicted value. Severe conditions generated inhibitors. By measuring the concentrations, the possibility utilizing hydrolysates for fermentation were estimated...
- Seo P, Park M, Lim M, Kim S, Lee M, Baldwin I, et al. A self-regulatory circuit of CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED1 underlies the circadian clock regulation of temperature responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2427-42 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we propose that dynamic self-regulation of CCA1 underlies the clock regulation of temperature responses in Arabidopsis. ..
- Koh Y, Lee B, Yoon H, Jang Y, Lee Y, Kim Y, et al. Bead affinity chromatography in a temperature-controllable microsystem for biomarker detection. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2012;404:2267-75 pubmed publisher..The microsystem simplifies a sample preparation process required for protein analysis and cancer biomarker detection, which will accelerate the process of cancer research. ..
- Ban G, Kang D. Effects of gamma irradiation for inactivating Salmonella Typhimurium in peanut butter product during storage. Int J Food Microbiol. 2014;171:48-53 pubmed publisher..The use of gamma irradiation has potential in preventing spoilage of post-packaged food by destroying microorganisms and improving the safety and quality of foods without compromising sensory quality...
- Uhm H, Kwak H, Hong Y. Carbon dioxide elimination and regeneration of resources in a microwave plasma torch. Environ Pollut. 2016;211:191-7 pubmed publisher..In this regards, the microwave plasma torch may be one of the best ways of converting the carbon dioxides into useful new materials. ..
- Park S, Kim J. Characterization of recombinant Drosophila melanogaster myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase expressed in Escherichia coli. J Microbiol. 2004;42:20-4 pubmed..The Michaelis (Km) and dissociation constants for glucose-6-phosphate were 3.5 and 3.7 mM, whereas for the cofactor NAD+ these were 0.42 and 0.4 mM, respectively. ..
- Jung H, Kim C, Shin C. Enhanced photostability of monascus pigments derived with various amino acids via fermentation. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:7108-14 pubmed..The differences in degradation patterns that control red gradually changed to brown whereas the phenylalanine derivative remained a weak red were confirmed by HPLC analysis...
- Lee S, Jheong W, Suh C, Kim S, Lee J, Jeong Y, et al. Nationwide groundwater surveillance of noroviruses in South Korea, 2008. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:1466-74 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to periodically monitor waterborne viruses that frequently cause epidemic food poisoning in South Korea for better public health and sanitary conditions. ..
- Yi O, Hong Y, Kim H. Seasonal effect of PM(10) concentrations on mortality and morbidity in Seoul, Korea: a temperature-matched case-crossover analysis. Environ Res. 2010;110:89-95 pubmed publisher..20, 0.93), 0.64% (-0.10, 1.38), 0.50% (-1.02, 2.05), 1.52% (0.89, 2.16), and 1.55% (0.87, 2.22). This study provides evidence that the effect of PM(10) on mortality and morbidity varies with season and increases during the summer season. ..
- Lee J, Um C, Lee I. Rheological properties of resin composites according to variations in monomer and filler composition. Dent Mater. 2006;22:515-26 pubmed..The locus of frequency domain phasor plots, G(*)(omega)e(idelta)=G(*)(omega) angledelta, in a complex plane was a valuable method for representing the viscoelastic properties of the composites. ..
- Yoo H, Oh T, Pereira P. Effect of saliva contamination on the microshear bond strength of one-step self-etching adhesive systems to dentin. Oper Dent. 2006;31:127-34 pubmed..05). On the other hand, it showed more resistance to salivary contamination after adhesive curing. There was no statistically significant difference among the control groups (p>0.05). ..
- Kim M, Roh S, Nam Y, Chang H, Kim K, Jung M, et al. Alishewanella jeotgali sp. nov., isolated from traditional fermented food, and emended description of the genus Alishewanella. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:2313-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that strain MS1T (=KCTC 22429T=JCM 15561T) is assigned to a novel species, Alishewanella jeotgali sp. nov...
- Chang S, Cho B, Lim R, Kyung S, Park D, Oh T, et al. Effects of blood contamination on microtensile bond strength to dentin of three self-etch adhesives. Oper Dent. 2010;35:330-6 pubmed publisher..05) groups. Based on the results of the current study, it was found that blood contamination reduced the MTBS of all three self-etch adhesives to dentin, and water-rinsing was unable to overcome the effects of blood contamination. ..
- Lee Y. Influence of filler on the difference between the transmitted and reflected colors of experimental resin composites. Dent Mater. 2008;24:1243-7 pubmed publisher..Controls on the proper filler size and amount should be studied further to modify the opalescence and translucency of resin composites, considering also the effect of filler on mechanical properties. ..
- Yoon J, Kim Y. Degradation of crystalline cellulose by the brown-rot basidiomycete Fomitopsis palustris. J Microbiol. 2005;43:487-92 pubmed..2%. Therefore, this study revealed for the first time that the brown rot basidiomycete F. palustris produces cellulases capable of yielding soluble sugars from crystalline cellulose. ..
- Han J, Park S, Boo D. A correlated force-optical study on the self-assembly behavior of annexin V on model membranes: effect of dye conjugation. J Phys Chem B. 2008;112:12175-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that dye labels can affect A5 2D self-assembly and crystal formation on membrane surfaces. ..
- Koo H, Jin G, Kang H, Lee Y, Nam H, Jang H, et al. A new biodegradable crosslinked polyethylene oxide sulfide (PEOS) hydrogel for controlled drug release. Int J Pharm. 2009;374:58-65 pubmed publisher..The temperature-sensitive crosslinking and the hydrogel formation have the potential for use as an injectable biogel precursor, which was confirmed by in situ gel formation in mice. ..
- Kim B, Yeom S, Oh D. Conversion of oleic acid to 10-hydroxystearic acid by whole cells of Stenotrophomonas nitritireducens. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:993-7 pubmed publisher..This is the highest concentration, productivity, and yield of 10-hydroxystearic acid from oleic acid reported thus far...
- Lee J, Kim J, Ok Y, Kwon E. Rapid biodiesel synthesis from waste pepper seeds without lipid isolation step. Bioresour Technol. 2017;239:17-20 pubmed publisher..The in situ biodiesel production from other oil-bearing food wastes can be studied. ..
- Ryu S, Park C, Cha J, Woo E, Lee S. A novel trehalose-synthesizing glycosyltransferase from Pyrococcus horikoshii: molecular cloning and characterization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:429-36 pubmed..The results suggest that the enzyme is a novel glycosyltransferase catalyzing the synthesis of the trehalose in the archaeon. ..
- Kwon H, Sim H, Lee S, Lee Y, Park Y, Hong S. HPLC method validation for Digitalis and its analogue by pulsed amperometric detection. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2011;54:217-21 pubmed publisher..379 mg/g for leaf dried at 60 °C, 0.058, 0.11, and 0.090 mg/g for leaf dried at ambient temperature, and N.D. (not detected), and 18.379 mg/g, N.D. for seed, respectively. We conclude that our method shows good precision and accuracy. ..
- Lee S, Kim B, Park K, Um Y, Lee J. Synthesis of pure meso-2,3-butanediol from crude glycerol using an engineered metabolic pathway in Escherichia coli. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;166:1801-13 pubmed publisher..5-41.5 U/mg of protein), and the conversion yield of SGSB02 E. coli was highest at 37-42 °C and a pH of 7 (0.25-0.28 g( meso-2,3-BDO)/g(acetoin)). ..
- Song J, Nam K, Sun Y, Kang M, Kim C, Kwon S, et al. Molecular and biochemical characterizations of a novel arthropod endo-beta-1,3-glucanase from the Antarctic springtail, Cryptopygus antarcticus, horizontally acquired from bacteria. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;155:403-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CaLam should have been transferred from bacteria to the lineage of the Collembolan species by horizontal gene transfer. ..
- Manikandan M, Gopal J, Kumaran R, Kannan V, Chun S. Purification and characterization of a highly active chromate reductase from endophytic Bacillus sp. DGV19 of Albizzia lebbeck (L.) Benth. actively involved in phytoremediation of tannery effluent-contaminated sites. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2016;46:192-9 pubmed publisher..Cu(2+) enhanced the activity of the purified enzyme but was inhibited by Zn(2+) and etheylenediamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA). In conclusion, due to its versatile adaptability the chromate reductase can be used for chromium remediation...
- Cheigh C, Park H, Choi H, Pyun Y. Enhanced nisin production by increasing genes involved in nisin Z biosynthesis in Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis A164. Biotechnol Lett. 2005;27:155-60 pubmed..The A164 strain expressing multicopy nisFEG also had an increased nisin Z production (25,000 AU ml (-1)) but produced the nisin more slowly than the cells expressing multicopy nisRK. ..
- Ahn K, Paik S, Chung K, Kim J. Amino acid sequence motifs and mechanistic features of the membrane translocation of alpha-synuclein. J Neurochem. 2006;97:265-79 pubmed..These results suggest that the internalization of alpha-synuclein is temperature-insensitive and occurs very rapidly via a mechanism distinct from normal endocytosis. ..
- Yoon S, Ryu S, Lee S, Moon T. Purification and characterization of branching specificity of a novel extracellular amylolytic enzyme from marine hyperthermophilic Rhodothermus marinus. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;18:457-64 pubmed..Thus, the results suggest that RMEBE might be applied for production of branched oligosaccharides from small maltodextrins at high temperature or even at high salinity...
- Choi J, Hong S, Kim Y, Kim K, Oh D. Characterization of a recombinant thermostable D-lyxose isomerase from Dictyoglomus turgidum that produces D-lyxose from D-xylulose. Biotechnol Lett. 2012;34:1079-85 pubmed publisher..The enzyme is the most thermostable D-lyxose isomerase among those characterized to date. It converted 500 g D-xylulose/l to 380 g D-lyxose/l after 2 h. This is the highest concentration and productivity of D-lyxose reported thus far. ..
- Lee B, Lee S, Park J, Kim K, Ryu S, Rhee O, et al. Norovirus contamination levels in ground water treatment systems used for food-catering facilities in South Korea. Viruses. 2013;5:1646-54 pubmed publisher..To promote better public health and sanitary conditions, it is necessary to periodically monitor noroviruses that frequently cause epidemic food poisoning in South Korea. ..
- Chang Y, Jin J, Nam H, Kim S. Point mutation of (+)-germacrene A synthase from Ixeris dentata. Biotechnol Lett. 2005;27:285-8 pubmed..This is the first report that the hydroxyl group of threonine at the first position of the triad is required for the cyclase activity. ..
- Song T, Keum K, Hong W. Study of nanocrystalline silicon films synthesized Below 100 degrees C by catalytic chemical vapor deposition. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013;13:7519-23 pubmed..By analyzing the capacitance-voltage characteristics of these diodes, we found that the hysteresis and rectifying behavior of these diodes were affected by the the nc-Si layer thickness. ..
- Jung J, Cho J, Kim K, Kwon E. Pseudo catalytic transformation of volatile fatty acids into fatty acid methyl esters. Bioresour Technol. 2016;203:26-31 pubmed publisher..3%; thus, the inhibition behaviors attributed from the impurities used for the experimental work were negligible. ..
- Choi B, Koh E. Changes of ethyl carbamate and its precursors in maesil (Prunus mume) extract during one-year fermentation. Food Chem. 2016;209:318-22 pubmed publisher..658) than ethanol contents (R=0.351). These results indicate that fermenting temperature gave a rise of EC precursors and consequently led to the increase of EC in the maesil extract. ..
- Na Y, Chung K, Chung S, Kim S. Effects of single-sided inferior turbinectomy on nasal function and airflow characteristics. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2012;180:289-97 pubmed publisher..Local shear stress and pressure gradient levels were increased in models (1) and (3). ..
- Kim T, Joo J, Yoo Y. Hydrophobic interaction network analysis for thermostabilization of a mesophilic xylanase. J Biotechnol. 2012;161:49-59 pubmed publisher..8 °C, respectively. This study highlights the advantages of interpreting collective hydrophobic interaction patterns and their structural hierarchy and the possibility of applying network analysis to the thermostabilization of enzymes. ..
- Kim J, Kim Y, Kang L, Oh D. Characterization of a recombinant cellobiose 2-epimerase from Dictyoglomus turgidum that epimerizes and isomerizes ?-1,4- and ?-1,4-gluco-oligosaccharides. Biotechnol Lett. 2012;34:2061-8 pubmed publisher..The enzyme converted cellobiose to 12.8 % 4-O-?-D-glucopyranosyl-D-mannose and 54.6 % 4-O-?-D-glucopyranosyl-D-fructose as an equilibrium and converted lactose to 12.8 % epilactose and 54.3 % lactulose. ..
- Lee K, Lee M, Lee T, Han J, Park Y, Ahnn J, et al. Dna2 requirement for normal reproduction of Caenorhabditis elegans is temperature-dependent. Mol Cells. 2003;15:81-6 pubmed..The mutant embryos also showed delayed cell divisions, which together with temperature-dependence of the mutant phenotypes supported the well-conserved role of Dna2 in DNA replication...
- Cho E, Lee J, Lee K, Jung H, Pan J, Pyun Y. Cohnella laeviribosi sp. nov., isolated from a volcanic pond. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:2902-7 pubmed..nov. The type strain is RI-39(T) (=KCTC 3987(T) =KCCM 10653P(T) =CCUG 52217(T)). ..
- Lee J, Kim S, Kim J, Ahn J. Alternative splicing and expression analysis of High expression of osmotically responsive genes1 (HOS1) in Arabidopsis. BMB Rep. 2012;45:515-20 pubmed..HOS1-L overexpression caused delayed flowering in wild-type plants. Collectively, these results suggest regulation of HOS1 expression at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Lim H, Nam J, Seo E, Nam M, Vaira A, Bae H, et al. The coat protein of Alternanthera mosaic virus is the elicitor of a temperature-sensitive systemic necrosis in Nicotiana benthamiana, and interacts with a host boron transporter protein. Virology. 2014;452-453:264-78 pubmed publisher..benthamiana homolog NbBOR1 interacted more strongly with CPSP than CP(Po) in bimolecular fluorescence complementation, and may affect recognition of CP as an elicitor of SN. ..
- Kim B, Bang I, Lee S, Hong S, Bang S, Lee I, et al. Expression of cspH, encoding the cold shock protein in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium UK-1. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:5580-8 pubmed..The 14-base downstream box located 12 bases downstream of the initiation codon of cspH mRNA was essential for its cold shock activation. ..
- Ko J, Bak J, Jung M, Lee H, Choi I, Kim T, et al. Ethanol production from rice straw using optimized aqueous-ammonia soaking pretreatment and simultaneous saccharification and fermentation processes. Bioresour Technol. 2009;100:4374-80 pubmed publisher..Additionally, simultaneous saccharification and fermentation was conducted with rice straw to assess the ethanol production yield and productivity. ..
- Baek D, Park J, Lee E, Shin S, Moon J, Pak J, et al. Interconnection of multichannel polyimide electrodes using anisotropic conductive films (ACFs) for biomedical applications. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2011;58:1466-73 pubmed publisher..The electrical properties of electrode were characterized by measuring the impedance. Finally, EEG signals were measured from the mice skulls using the fabricated devices to investigate suitability for application to biomedical devices. ..
- Son B, Yun J, Lim J, Shin H, Heu S, Ryu S. Characterization of LysB4, an endolysin from the Bacillus cereus-infecting bacteriophage B4. BMC Microbiol. 2012;12:33 pubmed publisher..The properties of LysB4 showed that this endolysin has strong lytic activity against a broad range of pathogenic bacteria, which makes LysB4 a good candidate as a biocontrol agent against B. cereus and other pathogenic bacteria. ..
- Kim K, Ahn H, Kim D, Lee H, Ha J, Kim H, et al. Expression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of human agmatinase. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:889-91 pubmed..54, c = 125.65 A, alpha = beta = gamma = 90 degrees. Three monomers are likely to be present in the asymmetric unit, giving a crystal volume per protein weight (VM) of 3.66 A3 Da(-1) and a solvent content of 66.4%. ..
- Hong M, Kim Y, Park C, Lee J, Kim Y, Oh D. Characterization of a recombinant beta-glucosidase from the thermophilic bacterium Caldicellulosiruptor saccharolyticus. J Biosci Bioeng. 2009;108:36-40 pubmed publisher..Cello-oligosaccharides from n = 2 to 5 as substrates using 4 mM each sugar and 3 U/mg of enzyme were completely hydrolyzed to glucose at 70 degrees C within 16 h...
- Park K, Lee J, Hong S, Kwon C, Jo M, Choi S, et al. Selective production of 1-monocaprin by porcine liver carboxylesterase-catalyzed esterification: Its enzyme kinetics and catalytic performance. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;82:51-57 pubmed publisher..7% under the optimum conditions at pH 7.0 and 60 Â°C. Based on Hanes-Woolf plot, the apparent Km and Vmax values were calculated to be 16.44 mM and 38.91 Î¼M/min/mg protein, respectively. ..
- Subbaiah M, Kim D. Adsorption of methyl orange from aqueous solution by aminated pumpkin seed powder: Kinetics, isotherms, and thermodynamic studies. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;128:109-17 pubmed publisher..1M NaOH with an efficiency of 93.5%. Findings of the present study indicated that APSP can be successfully used for removal of MO from aqueous solution. ..
- Shin D, Shin K, Kim I, Park K, Lee T, Kim S, et al. Low-power hybrid wireless network for monitoring infant incubators. Med Eng Phys. 2005;27:713-6 pubmed..Slave devices receive the calling signals and transmit three data values (temperature, moisture, and skin temperature); their power demand is 1 mW, and can run for about 1000 h on four AA-size nickel-hydride batteries. ..
- Son J, Kim H, Oh D. Ginsenoside Rd production from the major ginsenoside Rb(1) by beta-glucosidase from Thermus caldophilus. Biotechnol Lett. 2008;30:713-6 pubmed..2 mg additional ginsenosides ml(-1), 1.23 mg ginsenoside Rd ml(-1) was produced after 18 h; the concentrations of ginsenosides Rb(1), Rb(2), and Rc used for ginsenoside Rd production were 0.77, 0.17, and 0.19 mg ml(-1), respectively...
- Kim H, Ryu S, Kim P, Oh D. A feasible enzymatic process for D-tagatose production by an immobilized thermostable L-arabinose isomerase in a packed-bed bioreactor. Biotechnol Prog. 2003;19:400-4 pubmed..3 (g of tagatose)/(L-reactor.h) in continuous mode. The bioreactor produced 230 g/L tagatose from 500 g/L galactose in continuous recycling mode, with a productivity of 9.6 g/(L.h) and a conversion yield of 46%. ..
- Byun J, Rhee J, Kim D, Oh J, Cho H. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of EstE1, a new and thermostable esterase cloned from a metagenomic library. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2006;62:145-7 pubmed..71, c = 234.23 A. Assuming the presence of four molecules in the asymmetric unit, the Matthews coefficient VM is calculated to be 2.2 A3 Da(-1) and the solvent content is 44.1%. ..
- Bang S, Yoo S, Yang T, Cho H, Hwang S. Farnesyl pyrophosphate is a novel pain-producing molecule via specific activation of TRPV3. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19362-71 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide useful chemical information to elucidate TRPV3 physiology and novel pain-related metabolisms. ..
- Shin N, Kim M, Jung M, Roh S, Nam Y, Park E, et al. Leucobacter celer sp. nov., isolated from Korean fermented seafood. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:2353-7 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is NAL101(T) (?=?KACC 14220(T) ?=?JCM 16465(T))...
- Choi S, Bang J, Kim H, Beuchat L, Ryu J. Survival and colonization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 on spinach leaves as affected by inoculum level and carrier, temperature and relative humidity. J Appl Microbiol. 2011;111:1465-72 pubmed publisher..h. was determined. These observations will be useful when developing strategies to prevent growth of E. coli O157:H7 on pre- and postharvest spinach. ..
- Noh K, Son J, Kim H, Oh D. Ginsenoside compound K production from ginseng root extract by a thermostable beta-glycosidase from Sulfolobus solfataricus. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:316-21 pubmed..92 mg/ml of ginsenoside Rc, and 0.23 mg/ml of ginsenoside Rd in a 10% (w/v) ginseng root extract via two transformation pathways, Rb(1) or Rb(2) --> Rd --> F(2) --> compound K, and Rc --> compound Mc --> compound K. ..
- Choi J, Ju Y, Yeom S, Oh D. Improvement in the thermostability of D-psicose 3-epimerase from Agrobacterium tumefaciens by random and site-directed mutagenesis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:7316-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the I33L S213C variant may be useful as an industrial producer of D-psicose. ..
- Lee J, Lee J, Kim D, Yoon T, Chung H, Lee D. High concentration of synthetic serum, stepwise equilibration and slow cooling as an efficient technique for large-scale cryopreservation of human embryonic stem cells. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:976-85 pubmed publisher..The stepwise equilibration of Knockout Serum Replacement and cryoprotectant during freezing and thawing resulted in higher survival rates by reducing osmotic damage irrespective of cooling vehicles. ..
- Han I, Congeevaram S, Ki D, Oh B, Park J. Bacterial community analysis of swine manure treated with autothermal thermophilic aerobic digestion. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;89:835-42 pubmed publisher..These findings support the superiority of ATAD in selectively reducing potential human and animal pathogens compared to ALF, which is a typical manure stabilization method used in livestock farms. ..
- Park M, Lee D, Shin S, Kim H, Hyun J. Flexible conductive nanocellulose combined with silicon nanoparticles and polyaniline. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;140:43-50 pubmed publisher..Flexural testing of conductive BC composites showed stable electrical conductivity even after repetitive bending over 100 times. ..
- Han M, Yi H, Ko Y, Kim Y, Lee Y. Association between hemorrhagic stroke occurrence and meteorological factors and pollutants. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:59 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the possibility that there are pathogenic associations between hemorrhagic stroke and meteorological factors and pollutants. ..
- Lee B, Oh D, Yoo S. Characterization of 4-alpha-glucanotransferase from Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 and its application to various corn starches. N Biotechnol. 2009;26:29-36 pubmed publisher..After isoamylolysis, alphaGTase-treated starch displayed the increase in DP 4-9 and longer than DP 21 when the relative proportion of branch chains in amylopectin was determined by HPAEC. ..
- Oh M, Choi I, Park S. Topoisomerase III is required for accurate DNA replication and chromosome segregation in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:4022-31 pubmed..Our data are consistent with Top3 acting downstream of Rqh1 to process the toxic DNA structure produced by Rqh1. ..
- Lim K, Chang H. O-linked N-acetylglucosamine suppresses thermal aggregation of Sp1. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4645-52 pubmed
- Ha J, Lee H, Jung J, Park C. Thermo-Induced Maintenance of Photo-oxidoreductases Underlies Plant Autotrophic Development. Dev Cell. 2017;41:170-179.e4 pubmed publisher..The thermal adaptive mechanism would provide a potential basis for studying crop performance at warm temperatures. ..
- Lee J, Ohara S, Dougherty P, Lenz F. Pain and temperature encoding in the human thalamic somatic sensory nucleus (Ventral caudal): inhibition-related bursting evoked by somatic stimuli. J Neurophysiol. 2005;94:1676-87 pubmed..Therefore LTS bursting is a substantial, nonlinear component of the spontaneous and stimulus-evoked activity of thalamic neurons in awake humans. ..
- Lee G, Kim K, Oh D. Production of rare ginsenosides (compound Mc, compound Y and aglycon protopanaxadiol) by ?-glucosidase from Dictyoglomus turgidum that hydrolyzes ?-linked, but not ?-linked, sugars in ginsenosides. Biotechnol Lett. 2012;34:1679-86 pubmed publisher..The enzyme converted 0.5 mM Rb(2) and 0.5 mM Rc to 0.5 mM compound Y and 0.5 mM compound Mc after 3 h, respectively, with molar conversion yields of 100 %. ..