Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: signal transduction
Publications479 found, 100 shown here
- Lee W. Insulin-like growth factor-I-induced androgen receptor activation is mediated by the PI3K/Akt pathway in C2C12 skeletal muscle cells. Mol Cells. 2009;28:495-9 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that modulating effect of IGF-I on AR gene expression and activation in C2C12 mouse skeletal muscle cells is mediated at least in part by the PI3K/Akt pathway...
- Xu C, Jin H, Lim H, Ha Y, Chae C, An G, et al. Low dietary inorganic phosphate stimulates lung tumorigenesis through altering protein translation and cell cycle in K-ras(LA1) mice. Nutr Cancer. 2010;62:525-32 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly demonstrated that low Pi also promoted lung tumorigenesis, thus suggesting that an appropriate intake of dietary Pi may be critical for lung cancer prevention as well as treatment. ..
- Lee J, Kwon H, Bae S, Jung H. Lung tissue regeneration after induced injury in Runx3 KO mice. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;341:465-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the lung wound-healing mechanism is inhibited in the Runx3 KO mouse, which shows abnormal lung architecture, by reduced pErk, Tgf-beta1, CCSP, pJnk, and HSP70 and by induced Smad3. ..
- Nahm M, Long A, Paik S, Kim S, Bae Y, Broadie K, et al. The Cdc42-selective GAP rich regulates postsynaptic development and retrograde BMP transsynaptic signaling. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:661-75 pubmed publisher..Importantly, dRich increases Gbb release and elevates presynaptic phosphorylated Mad levels. We propose that dRich coordinates the Gbb-dependent modulation of synaptic growth and function with postsynaptic development. ..
- Kim J, Yu J, Cho Y, Jung C, Ahn S, Gong G, et al. Expression of SPRR3 is associated with tumor cell proliferation in less advanced stages of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;133:909-16 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that SPRR3 promotes BC cell proliferation by enhancing p53 degradation via the AKT and MAPK pathways and is, therefore, a potential novel therapeutic target for less advanced stages of BC. ..
- Yang Y, Seo S, Kim T, Kim S. Decrease of microRNA-122 causes hepatic insulin resistance by inducing protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B, which is reversed by licorice flavonoid. Hepatology. 2012;56:2209-20 pubmed publisher..Decreased levels of miR-122 as a consequence of HNF4? phosphorylation by JNK1 lead to hepatic insulin resistance through PTP1B induction, which may be overcome by chemical inhibition of JNK. ..
- Kim G, Kim H, Kim H, Moon J, Kim C, Kang S, et al. HtrA1 is a novel antagonist controlling fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling via cleavage of FGF8. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4482-92 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study offers insight into new strategies to control human diseases associated with HtrA1 and FGF signaling. ..
- Yu K, Park S, Jung J, Seo M, Hong I, Kim H, et al. HMGA2 regulates the in vitro aging and proliferation of human umbilical cord blood-derived stromal cells through the mTOR/p70S6K signaling pathway. Stem Cell Res. 2013;10:156-65 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel insights into the mechanism by which HMGA2 regulates the in vitro aging and proliferation of hUCBSCs. ..
- Jeong Y, Park W, Kim M, Baek K, Kwon N, Yun H, et al. Leucine-rich glioma inactivated 3 promotes HaCaT keratinocyte migration. Wound Repair Regen. 2013;21:634-40 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that LGI3 stimulates HaCaT cell migration following ?-catenin accumulation through the Akt pathway. ..
- Kim H, Kwon S, Jang Y, Chung J, Nam M, Park O. GDSL lipase 1 regulates ethylene signaling and ethylene-associated systemic immunity in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1652-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GLIP1 positively and negatively regulates ethylene signaling, resulting in an ethylene-associated, necrotroph-induced immune response...
- Kim Y, Othmer H. Hybrid models of cell and tissue dynamics in tumor growth. Math Biosci Eng. 2015;12:1141-56 pubmed publisher..We review aspects of the general approach and discuss applications to breast cancer and glioblastoma. ..
- Motzik A, Amir E, Erlich T, Wang J, Kim B, Han J, et al. Post-translational modification of HINT1 mediates activation of MITF transcriptional activity in human melanoma cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:4732-4738 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provided here an example that manipulation of the LysRS-Ap4A-HINT1-MITF signalling pathway in melanoma through post-translational modifications of HINT1 can affect the activity of the melanoma oncogene MITF. ..
- Park E, Won J, Han K, Suh P, Ryu S, Lee H, et al. Phospholipase C-delta1 and oxytocin receptor signalling: evidence of its role as an effector. Biochem J. 1998;331 ( Pt 1):283-9 pubmed..These results indicate that PLC-delta1 is the effector for Ghalpha-mediated oxytocin receptor signalling. ..
- Kim J, Jung Y, Seoh J, Woo S, Seo J, Kim H. Gene expression profile of megakaryocytes from human cord blood CD34(+) cells ex vivo expanded by thrombopoietin. Stem Cells. 2002;20:402-16 pubmed..These gene expression profiles will be useful to understand megakaryocytopoiesis at the molecular level, including apoptosis and related signal transduction pathways. ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Lee S, Choi B, Kim Y, Huh P, et al. Amyloid beta peptide (Abeta42) activates PLC-delta1 promoter through the NF-kappaB binding site. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:904-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the PLC-delta1 promoter is under the control of NF-kappaB, which mediates the expression of PLC-delta due to the Abeta42 treatment. ..
- Jin H, Hwang S, Kwon J, Lee Y, An G, Lee K, et al. Low dietary inorganic phosphate affects the brain by controlling apoptosis, cell cycle and protein translation. J Nutr Biochem. 2008;19:16-25 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that Pi works as a stimulus capable of increasing or decreasing several pivotal genes for normal development and suggest that regulation of Pi consumption is important in maintaining a healthy life. ..
- Park Y, Shon S, Kim A, Kim K, Yang Y, Cho D, et al. SOCS1 induced by NDRG2 expression negatively regulates STAT3 activation in breast cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:361-7 pubmed
- Kim S, Lee H, Lee S, Kim S, Hur S, Kim J, et al. 12-O-Tetradecanoyl phorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced growth arrest is increased by silibinin by the down-regulation of cyclin B1 and cdc2 and the up-regulation of p21 expression in MDA-MB231 human breast cancer cells. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:1127-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have demonstrated that silibinin has an additive effect on TPA-induced growth arrest through the PI-3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathway. ..
- Lee H, Kim S, Lee H, Jeong S, Han I, Jung J, et al. Paeonol oxime inhibits bFGF-induced angiogenesis and reduces VEGF levels in fibrosarcoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12358 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PO inhibits bFGF-induced angiogenesis in HUVECs and decreased the levels of PI3K, phospho-AKT and VEGF in HT-1080 cells. ..
- Lee J, Shin J, Cho K, Hosoya A, Cho S, Lee Y, et al. Runx3 is a crucial regulator of alveolar differentiation and lung tumorigenesis in mice. Differentiation. 2011;81:261-8 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Runx3 is involved in crucial regulation of alveolar differentiation and tumor suppression in developing mouse lung. ..
- Lee E, Kim J, Choi H, Jeon K, Cho S. Cytoprotective effect of eriodictyol in UV-irradiated keratinocytes via phosphatase-dependent modulation of both the p38 MAPK and Akt signaling pathways. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;27:513-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that eriodictyol may lead to protection of keratinocytes from UV-induced cytotoxicity by modulating both the p38 MAPK and Akt signaling pathways in a phosphatase-dependent manner. ..
- Kim E, Hong H, Cho D, Han J, Kim S, Kim T. Enhancement of toll-like receptor 2-mediated immune responses by AIMP1, a novel cytokine, in mouse dendritic cells. Immunology. 2011;134:73-81 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate that the AIMP1 protein enhances TLR2-mediated immune responses via the up-regulation of TLR2 expression. ..
- Chung S, Lee J, Kim M, Ahn B, Jung H, Lee H, et al. Regulation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling by CCAAT/enhancer binding protein ? during adipogenesis. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012;20:482-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a dual function of C/EBP?: stimulating expression of adipogenic genes and inhibiting Wnt signaling. ..
- Kim D, Yun C, Kim M, Naveen Kumar C, Yun B, Shin J, et al. 4'-bromo-5,6,7-trimethoxyflavone represses lipopolysaccharide-induced iNOS and COX-2 expressions by suppressing the NF-?B signaling pathway in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:700-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that suppressions of the expressions of iNOS, COX-2, TNF-?, IL-6, and IL-1? via NF-?B inactivation are responsible for the anti-inflammatory effects of 3b. ..
- Bae J, Park H, Park J, Li S, Chun Y. Red ginseng and 20(S)-Rg3 control testosterone-induced prostate hyperplasia by deregulating androgen receptor signaling. J Nat Med. 2012;66:476-85 pubmed publisher..Given that red ginseng has been used safely in Asia for 1000 years, red ginseng and 20(S)-Rg3 could be potential therapeutic regimens for treating BPH. ..
- Lee E, Kang M, Kim Y. Platycodin D inhibits lipogenesis through AMPK?-PPAR?2 in 3T3-L1 cells and modulates fat accumulation in obese mice. Planta Med. 2012;78:1536-42 pubmed..The results suggested that PD could be used to decrease the expression of adipogenic factors related to the AMPK pathway. Hence, PD could be an alternative treatment for controlling obesity by downregulating lipid accumulation...
- Lee Y, Kim S, Kim J, Bang I, Lee I, Bang S, et al. A phosphotransferase system permease is a novel component of CadC signaling in Salmonella enterica. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2013;338:54-61 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the PTS permease STM4538 affects proteolytic processing, which is a necessary but not sufficient step for CadC activation, rendering CadC able to activate target genes. ..
- Park D, Lim Y, Park H. Antrodia camphorata grown on germinated brown rice inhibits HT-29 human colon carcinoma proliferation through inducing G0/G1 phase arrest and apoptosis by targeting the ?-catenin signaling. J Med Food. 2013;16:681-91 pubmed publisher..This is the first investigation that CBR has a greater potential as a novel chemopreventive agent than AC against colon cancer. These data suggest that CBR might be useful as a chemopreventive agent against colorectal cancer. ..
- Lee M, Byun M, Furutani Seiki M, Hong J, Jung H. YAP and TAZ regulate skin wound healing. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:518-525 pubmed publisher..YAP and TAZ also modulate the expression of TGF-?1 signaling pathway components such as Smad-2, p21, and Smad-7. These results suggest that YAP and TAZ localization to the nucleus is required for skin wound healing. ..
- Park Y, Park E, Kim D, Ahn S, Park S, Lee A, et al. Cleaved c-FLIP mediates the antiviral effect of TNF-Î± against hepatitis B virus by dysregulating hepatocyte nuclear factors. J Hepatol. 2016;64:268-277 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that the anti-apoptotic p22-FLIP serves a novel function of inhibiting HBV transcription, and mediates the antiviral effect of TNF-Î± against HBV replication. ..
- Jung C, Lee M, Kang Y, Lee Y, Seol S, Yoon H, et al. C1q/TNF-related protein-9 inhibits cytokine-induced vascular inflammation and leukocyte adhesiveness via AMP-activated protein kinase activation in endothelial cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;419:235-43 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to demonstrate that CTRP9 attenuates cytokine-induced vascular inflammation in endothelial cells mediated by AMPK activation. ..
- Han S, Park D, Park S, Hong S. Identification of Rab6 as an N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion protein-binding protein. Biochem J. 2000;352 Pt 1:165-73 pubmed..Taken together, we propose a model in which Rab can form an ATP hydrolysis-regulated complex with NSF, and function as a signalling molecule to deliver the signal of vesicle fusion through the interaction with NSF. ..
- Lee M, Yang C, Jin D, Chang Y, Bang B, Kim Y. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 inhibits constitutive and interleukin-1 beta-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in human mesangial cells: role for JNK/AP-1 pathway. J Immunol. 2003;170:2557-63 pubmed
- Kang S, Yi K, Kwon N, Park K, Kim U, Baek K, et al. Alpha1B-adrenoceptor signaling and cell motility: GTPase function of Gh/transglutaminase 2 inhibits cell migration through interaction with cytoplasmic tail of integrin alpha subunits. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36593-600 pubmed..These results provide evidence that G(h) function initiates the modulation of cell motility via association of GTP-bound G(h)/TG2 with the GFFKR motif located in integrin alpha subunits. ..
- Oh J, Kook J, Min B. Beta ig-h3 induces keratinocyte differentiation via modulation of involucrin and transglutaminase expression through the integrin alpha3beta1 and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21629-37 pubmed..Lastly, it was observed that beta ig-h3-mediated keratinocyte differentiation was caused by promotion of cell adhesion and not by calcium regulation. ..
- Koo B, Jung Y, Shin J, Han I, Mortier E, Zimmermann P, et al. Structural basis of syndecan-4 phosphorylation as a molecular switch to regulate signaling. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:651-63 pubmed..We conclude that the phosphorylation (Ser183) of syndecan-4 can play a critical role as a molecular switch to regulate its functions through conformational change. ..
- Park G, Yoon B, Moon J, Kim B, Jun E, Oh S, et al. Green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate suppresses collagen production and proliferation in keloid fibroblasts via inhibition of the STAT3-signaling pathway. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2429-41 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that EGCG suppresses the pathological characteristics of keloids through inhibition of the STAT3-signaling pathway. We propose that EGCG has potential in the treatment and prevention of keloids. ..
- Kim J, Kim Y, Lee S, Park J. The critical role of ERK in death resistance and invasiveness of hypoxia-selected glioblastoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:27 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that activation of ERK plays a pivotal role in death resistance under chronic hypoxia and phenotypic changes related to the invasive phenotype of HRT98G cells compared to parent cells. ..
- Yong H, Koh M, Moon A. The p38 MAPK inhibitors for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and cancer. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2009;18:1893-905 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize and present the list of p38 MAPK inhibitors in in vitro/in vivo studies as well as in clinical trials. ..
- Kim J, Lee W, Yu Y, Kim J. Blockade of LTB4-induced chemotaxis by bioactive molecules interfering with the BLT2-Galphai interaction. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:1506-15 pubmed publisher..g., chemotaxis). The present findings suggest a potential application of purpurin and chloranil as pharmacological therapeutic agents against BLT2-associated inflammatory human diseases. ..
- Yuan H, Kim S, Chung S. Beneficial effects of IH-901 on glucose and lipid metabolisms via activating adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase pathways. Metabolism. 2011;60:43-51 pubmed publisher..In summary, IH-901 might be a promising therapeutic agent improving altered glucose and lipid metabolisms revealed in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. ..
- Lee S, Lee J, Kim J, Jung J, You G, Park S, et al. C-peptide stimulates nitrites generation via the calcium-JAK2/STAT1 pathway in murine macrophage Raw264.7 cells. Life Sci. 2010;86:863-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that C-peptide may elicit immune modulatory function via modulation of the calcium/JAK-STAT pathway. ..
- Hong M, Kim J, Bae H, Lee N, Shin Y, Kim S, et al. Atractylodes japonica Koidzumi inhibits the production of proinflammatory cytokines through inhibition of the NF-kappaB/IkappaB signal pathway in HMC-1 human mast cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:843-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, AJK could be used as a treatment for mast cell mediated late-phase/chronic allergic inflammatory reactions. ..
- Ahn J, Kim M, Lim M, Park S, Lee S, Yun Y, et al. The inhibitory effect of ginsan on TGF-? mediated fibrotic process. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1241-7 pubmed publisher..These data collectively suggest that ginsan acts as an effective anti-fibrotic agent in the treatment of pulmonary fibrosis by blocking multiple TGF-? signaling pathways. ..
- Koh Y, Kim D, Kim T, Lee S, Jeon Y, Chung D, et al. Clinicopathologic characteristics and outcomes of patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive advanced pulmonary adenocarcinoma: suggestion for an effective screening strategy for these tumors. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:905-12 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the exclusion of patients with activating EGFR mutations, an objective response to previous EGFR TKIs, or TTF-1-negative tumors from ALK screening could be an effective enrichment strategy for ALK-positive cases. ..
- Han M, Lim Y, Quan W, Kim J, Chung K, Kang M, et al. Lysophosphatidylcholine as an effector of fatty acid-induced insulin resistance. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1234-46 pubmed publisher..LPC content was increased in the liver and muscle of db/db mice, which was suppressed by BEL. These findings implicate LPC as an important lipid intermediate that links saturated fatty acids to insulin resistance. ..
- Yoon C, Hyun K, Kim R, Lee H, Lim E, Chung H, et al. The small GTPase Rac1 is involved in the maintenance of stemness and malignancies in glioma stem-like cells. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2331-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, inhibition of Rac1 enhanced radiation sensitivity of GSLCs. These results indicate that the small GTPase Rac1 is involved in the maintenance of stemness and malignancies in GSLCs. ..
- Yoo J, Kim H, Han K, Oh S, Chang S, Marcus D, et al. Na+ absorption by Claudius' cells is regulated by purinergic signaling in the cochlea. Acta Otolaryngol. 2012;132 Suppl 1:S103-8 pubmed publisher..Claudius' cells absorb Na(+) through the amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel (ENaC). Transepithelial ion transport through ENaC and possibly a Cl(-) secretory pathway is regulated by P2Y purinergic signaling...
- Park E, Park Y, Shin C, Park S, Ahn S, Kim D, et al. Hepatitis B virus inhibits liver regeneration via epigenetic regulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator. Hepatology. 2013;58:762-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that infection of HBV impairs liver regeneration through the epigenetic dysregulation of liver regeneration signals by HBx. ..
- Lee J, Kim J. Activation of the leukotriene B4 receptor 2-reactive oxygen species (BLT2-ROS) cascade following detachment confers anoikis resistance in prostate cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:30054-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that BLT2-NOX-ROS-NF-?B cascade induction during detachment confers a novel mechanism of anoikis resistance in prostate cancer cells and potentially contributes to prostate cancer progression. ..
- Yun B, Jeon Y, Seo S, Park J, Yoon S, Cho S, et al. Effects of a Levonorgestrel-Releasing Intrauterine System on the Expression of Steroid Receptor Coregulators in Adenomyosis. Reprod Sci. 2015;22:1539-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, an altered expression of steroid receptor coregulators may play a role in adenomyosis development and treatment. ..
- Park J, Lee J, Sato T, Koh J. Co-induction of p75NTR and p75NTR-associated death executor in neurons after zinc exposure in cortical culture or transient ischemia in the rat. J Neurosci. 2000;20:9096-103 pubmed..Our results suggest that co-induction of p75(NTR) and NADE plays a role in zinc-triggered neuronal death in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Kim J, Kim M, Kim K, Yun H, Chae J, Hwang S, et al. Notch interferes with the scaffold function of JNK-interacting protein 1 to inhibit the JNK signaling pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14308-13 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that Notch1-IC negatively regulates the JNK pathway by disrupting the scaffold function of JIP1. ..
- Lee Y, Hur I, Park S, Kim Y, Suh M, Kim V. The role of PACT in the RNA silencing pathway. EMBO J. 2006;25:522-32 pubmed..Our study indicates that, unlike other RNase III type proteins, human Dicer may employ two different dsRBD-containing proteins that facilitate RISC assembly. ..
- Kim Y, Hong S, Noh M, Kim S, Huh P, Park S, et al. Inductin of neuron-derived orphan receptor-1 in the dentate gyrus of the hippocampal formation following transient global ischemia in the rat. Mol Cells. 2006;22:8-12 pubmed..These results suggest that expression of NOR-1 is differentially regulated in different brain regions in response to globally applied brain ischemia, but that hypoxia is not sufficient to induce its expression. ..
- Kim E, Surh Y. 15-deoxy-Delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 as a potential endogenous regulator of redox-sensitive transcription factors. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:1516-28 pubmed..This commentary describes the biological and physiological functions of 15d-PGJ(2) and underlying biochemical and molecular mechanisms with emphasis on the modulation of redox-sensitive transcription factors and their regulators. ..
- Lee I, Lee K, Pyo J, Kim J, Choi Y, Lee Y. Anti-inflammatory effect of capsaicin in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric epithelial cells. Helicobacter. 2007;12:510-7 pubmed..We conclude that capsaicin can be proposed as a potential anti-inflammatory drug by inhibition of the production of IL-8 in H. pylori-infected gastric epithelium. ..
- Lee S, Park J, Kim D, Kim S, Im W, Kang L, et al. Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor attenuates striatal degeneration with activating survival pathways in 3-nitropropionic acid model of Huntington's disease. Brain Res. 2008;1194:130-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, G-CSF was found to have neuroprotective effects and save striatal cells through activations of survival pathways in the 3NP-induced striatal degeneration model for HD. ..
- Kim D, Chang W, Lee Y, Lee K, Kim Y, Kwon B, et al. 4-1BB engagement costimulates NKT cell activation and exacerbates NKT cell ligand-induced airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammation. J Immunol. 2008;180:2062-8 pubmed..Our study suggests that 4-1BB on NKT cells functions as a costimulatory molecule and exacerbates the induction of NKT cell-mediated AHR, which is dependent on the IL-4Ralpha-mediated pathway. ..
- Choi S, Ahn D, Lee Y. Comparison of contractile mechanisms of sphingosylphosphorylcholine and sphingosine-1-phosphate in rabbit coronary artery. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;82:324-32 pubmed publisher..Activation of the RhoA/RhoA-associated kinase pathway and subsequent phosphorylation of MYPT1 play a key role in SPC-induced coronary contraction, whereas elevation of [Ca2+]i is crucial for S1P-induced coronary constriction. ..
- Hong M, Kim J, Na S, Bae H, Shin Y, Kim S, et al. Inhibitory effects of Paeonia suffruticosa on allergic reactions by inhibiting the NF-kappaB/I kappaB-alpha signaling pathway and phosphorylation of ERK in an animal model and human mast cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:1152-6 pubmed..Our findings therefore suggest that PSA could be promising for anti-allergic inflammation by inhibiting the NF-kappaB/I kappaB-alpha signaling pathway and the phosphorylation of ERK...
- Kim E, Seo J, Kim C, Lee J, Lee K, Kim J. BLT2 promotes the invasion and metastasis of aggressive bladder cancer cells through a reactive oxygen species-linked pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;49:1072-81 pubmed publisher..Metastasis of 253J-BV cells in mice was also dramatically suppressed by inhibition of BLT2 or its signaling. These findings suggest that a BLT2-Nox-ROS-NF-kappaB cascade plays a critical role in bladder cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Pak J, Choi W, Lee H, Joo W, Kim J, Kim Y, et al. Peroxiredoxin 6 overexpression attenuates cisplatin-induced apoptosis in human ovarian cancer cells. Cancer Invest. 2011;29:21-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that targeting Prdx 6 may sensitize cancer cells to ROS-producing therapeutic treatments, such as anticancer drugs and radiation. ..
- Moon E, Lee J, Lee J, Song J, Pyo S. ROS/Epac1-mediated Rap1/NF-kappaB activation is required for the expression of BAFF in Raw264.7 murine macrophages. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1479-88 pubmed publisher..It suggests for the first time that ROS/Epac1-mediated Rap1/NF-?B pathway could be required for BAFF expression. ..
- Lee J, Kim D, Bae T, Rho K, Kim J, Lee J, et al. CDA: combinatorial drug discovery using transcriptional response modules. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42573 pubmed publisher..CDA provides a new way for rational drug combination. Together with phExplorer, CDA also provides functional insights into combinatorial drugs. CDA is freely available at http://cda.i-pharm.org. ..
- Lee M, Lee J, Choi J, Lee C, Sim J, Cho C, et al. Interleukin-6 induces S100A9 expression in colonic epithelial cells through STAT3 activation in experimental ulcerative colitis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38801 pubmed publisher..S100A9 may recruit immune cells into inflamed colon tissues. Elevated S100A9 expression in CECs mediated by an IL-6/STAT3 signaling cascade may play an important role in the development of colitis. ..
- Yoon K, Lee H, Jo Y, An K, Jung S, Jeong M, et al. Mind bomb-1 is an essential modulator of long-term memory and synaptic plasticity via the Notch signaling pathway. Mol Brain. 2012;5:40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Mib1-mediated Notch signaling is essential for long-lasting synaptic plasticity and memory formation in the rodent hippocampus. ..
- Boo K, Baek S, Lee H. Pontin is required for pre-TCR signaling at the ?-selection checkpoint in T cell development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:44-50 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the developmental block of ?? T cells can be partially rescued by loss of p53. Together, our data demonstrate a novel role of Pontin as a crucial regulator in pre-TCR signaling during T cell development. ..
- Sah S, Park K, Yun C, Kang K, Kim T. Effects of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Transduced with Superoxide Dismutase on Imiquimod-Induced Psoriasis-Like Skin Inflammation in Mice. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2016;24:233-48 pubmed publisher..Our data offer a novel therapeutic approach to chronic inflammatory skin diseases such as psoriasis by leveraging immunomodulatory effects of MSCs as well as SOD3 expression. ..
- Yang W, Nam G, Kim M, Cho J. Syk-Mediated Suppression of Inflammatory Responses by Cordyceps bassiana. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:1217-1232 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that Cm-WE suppresses inflammatory responses by inhibiting Syk kinase activity, with potential implications for novel neutraceutic and pharmaceutic biomaterials. ..
- Lee S, Kim J, Yang W, Kim S, Park S, Park J. Exogenous nitric oxide inhibits VCAM-1 expression in human peritoneal mesothelial cells. Role of cyclic GMP and NF-kappaB. Nephron. 2002;90:447-54 pubmed..These results suggest that exogenous NO inhibits VCAM-1 expression via suppression of NF-kappaB through a cGMP-independent pathway. ..
- Kim J, Lee J, Kim M, Cho E, Cho S, Choi E. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta is a natural activator of mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase kinase 1 (MEKK1). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13995-4001 pubmed..Ectopic expression of GSK3 beta increased both basal and tumor necrosis factor alpha-stimulated activities of MEKK1 in GSK3 beta(-/-) cells. Together, these observations suggest that GSK3 beta functions as a natural activator of MEKK1. ..
- Yoo Y, Lee M. Hepatitis B virus X protein induces expression of Fas ligand gene through enhancing transcriptional activity of early growth response factor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36242-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results show a novel mechanism by which HBx induces FasL gene expression that is mediated by enhancing transcriptional activity of Egr-2 and Egr-3. ..
- Kim S, Lee S, Choi Y, Wang L, Park C, Shin Y. Extensive alteration in the expression profiles of TGFB pathway signaling components and TP53 is observed along the gastric dysplasia-carcinoma sequence. Histol Histopathol. 2008;23:1439-52 pubmed publisher..The extensive change in expression of TGFB signaling components is implicated during tumorigenesis of gastric neoplasias. ..
- Choi J, Kim Y, Lee Y. Functional analysis of MCNA, a gene encoding a catalytic subunit of calcineurin, in the rice blast fungus magnaporthe oryzae. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;19:11-6 pubmed..These data suggest that calcineurin A plays important roles in signal transduction pathways involved in the infection-related morphogenesis and pathogenicity of M. oryzae...
- Jin H, Seo S, Woo S, Kim E, Lee H, Yoo D, et al. Activating transcription factor 4 and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-beta negatively regulate the mammalian target of rapamycin via Redd1 expression in response to oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:1158-67 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the Redd1 gene is transactivated by the ATF4 and C/EBP family of transcription factors, leading to mTOR inhibition in response to oxidative and ER stress. ..
- Ma J, Hwang Y, Cho W, Han S, Hwang J, Han J. Macelignan attenuates activations of mitogen-activated protein kinases and nuclear factor kappa B induced by lipopolysaccharide in microglial cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:1085-90 pubmed..These results suggest that macelignan has an anti-inflammatory effect on the affected brain through regulation of the inflammation through the MAPK signal pathway. ..
- Jeong Y, Lee J, Kim S, Yun H, Baek K, Kwon N, et al. Enhanced effects of citrate on UVB-induced apoptosis of B16 melanoma cells. Pharmazie. 2009;64:829-33 pubmed..From these results, we suggest that citrate might reduce the risk of developing melanoma induced by UVB...
- Jung J, Kim D, Kim H. Ginsenoside Rh1 suppresses inducible nitric oxide synthase gene expression in IFN-gamma-stimulated microglia via modulation of JAK/STAT and ERK signaling pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:323-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the inhibition of microglial activation by ginsenoside Rh1 may provide potential therapeutic strategy for various neuroinflammatory diseases. ..
- Nahm M, Kim S, Paik S, Lee M, Lee S, Lee Z, et al. dCIP4 (Drosophila Cdc42-interacting protein 4) restrains synaptic growth by inhibiting the secretion of the retrograde Glass bottom boat signal. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8138-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, dCIP4 and Wsp inhibit Gbb secretion. Thus, we propose that dCIP4 restrains synaptic growth by inhibiting postsynaptic Gbb secretion through the Wsp-Arp2/3 pathway. ..