Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
Topic: rna interference
- Jung I, Kang H, Kim K, Kim I. Knockdown of the Dickkopf 3 gene induces apoptosis in a lung adenocarcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2010;26:33-8 pubmed..These results indicate that DKK3 acts as an antiapoptotic molecule by decreasing the intracellular level of reactive oxygen species. ..
- Han K, Lee S, Ha S, Kim H, Lee C, Kim D, et al. The functional and structural characterization of a novel oncogene GIG47 involved in the breast tumorigenesis. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:274 pubmed publisher..There is a potential heme/steroid binding pocket formed between two helices ?2 and ?3. The determined three-dimensional structure of GIG47 may facilitate the development of potential anti-cancer agents. ..
- An H, Cho G, Lee J, Paik S, Kim Y, Lee H. Higd-1a interacts with Opa1 and is required for the morphological and functional integrity of mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13014-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our observations demonstrate that Higd-1a inhibits Opa1 cleavage and is required for mitochondrial fusion by virtue of its interaction with Opa1. ..
- Cheal Yoo J, Park N, Lee B, Nashed A, Lee Y, Hwan Kim T, et al. 14-3-3? regulates Copine1-mediated neuronal differentiation in HiB5 hippocampal progenitor cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:85-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that 14-3-3? regulates the differentiation ability of CPNE1 through the binding with C2A domain of CPNE1 in HiB5 cells. ..
- Lee S, Yun S, Piao Z, Jeong M, Kim D, Jung H, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 2 regulates IL-15-primed human NK cell function via control of phosphorylated Pyk2. J Immunol. 2010;185:917-28 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SOCS2 regulates human NK cell effector functions via control of phosphorylated Pyk2 depending on IL-15 existence. ..
- Hong S, Choi K. TCTP directly regulates ATM activity to control genome stability and organ development in Drosophila melanogaster. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2986 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides the first in vivo evidence for direct modulation of dATM activity by dTCTP in the control of genome stability and organ development. ..
- Kim S, Ahn Y, Ahn M, Lee H, Kwak S. Down-regulation of ?-carotene hydroxylase increases ?-carotene and total carotenoids enhancing salt stress tolerance in transgenic cultured cells of sweetpotato. Phytochemistry. 2012;74:69-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present results indicate that down-regulation of IbCHY-? increased ?-carotene contents and total carotenoids in transgenic plant cells and enhanced their antioxidant capacity. ..
- Kim J, Oh M, Bernard L, Macara I, Zhang H. The RhoG/ELMO1/Dock180 signaling module is required for spine morphogenesis in hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37615-24 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings uncover a role for the RhoG/ELMO1/Dock180 signaling module in spine morphogenesis in hippocampal neurons. ..
- Ban B, Jun M, Ryu H, Jang D, Ahmad S, Lee J. Autophagy negatively regulates early axon growth in cortical neurons. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3907-19 pubmed publisher..Therefore, autophagy might serve as a fine-tuning mechanism to regulate early axon extension. ..
- Min H, Lee Y, Zhao X, Park Y, Lee M, Lee J, et al. TMPRSS4 upregulates uPA gene expression through JNK signaling activation to induce cancer cell invasion. Cell Signal. 2014;26:398-408 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that TMPRSS4 is an important regulator of uPA gene expression; the upregulation of uPA by TMPRSS4 contributes to invasion and may represent a novel mechanism for the control of invasion. ..
- Lee H, Lee K, Lee D, Bae K, Kim J, Liang Z, et al. Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 12 is associated with gallbladder carcinoma progression and is a novel independent poor prognostic factor. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:3270-80 pubmed publisher..We investigated CXCL12 expression in GBC and its biologic and prognostic role in GBC tumorigenesis...
- Lee K, Choi S, Hong J, Ahuja M, Graham S, Ma R, et al. Molecular determinants mediating gating of Transient Receptor Potential Canonical (TRPC) channels by stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:6372-82 pubmed publisher..These studies provide evidence that the TRPC channel CCDs participate in channel gating. ..
- Park S, Lee S, Cho H, Kim T, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Dehydropeptidase 1 promotes metastasis through regulation of E-cadherin expression in colon cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9501-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DPEP1 promotes cancer metastasis by regulating E-cadherin plasticity and that it might be a potential therapeutic target for preventing the progression of colon cancer. ..
- Kim W, Jung H, Kim E, Kim D, Cho Y, Park B, et al. RPTP? tyrosine phosphatase promotes adipogenic differentiation via modulation of p120 catenin phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4883-91 pubmed publisher..Our data conclusively demonstrate that differentiation into adipocytes is controlled by RPTP?, supporting the utility of RPTP? and p120 catenin as novel target proteins for the treatment of obesity. ..
- Cho J, Kim S, Seo Y, Park S, Park B, Kim J, et al. The p90 ribosomal S6 kinase-UBR5 pathway controls Toll-like receptor signaling via miRNA-induced translational inhibition of tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 3. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11804-11814 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicated that the p90RSK-UBR5 pathway stimulates miRNA-mediated translational repression of TRAF3. Our work has added another layer to the regulation of miRISC. ..
- Kim Y, Hwang J, Noh J, Gang G, Kim D, Son H, et al. Activation of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase ameliorates spontaneous hypertension in an animal model via modulation of eNOS activity. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:519-27 pubmed publisher..These results provide strong evidence suggesting NQO1 might be a new therapeutic target for hypertension. ..
- Kim J, Kim T, Cho E, Paik S, Chung H, Kim I. Antizyme suppression leads to an increment of the cellular redox potential and an induction of HIF-1alpha: its involvement in resistance to gamma-radiation. IUBMB Life. 2008;60:402-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these facts might be considered as important for the use of radio- and chemotherapy on tumor cells which show an unbalance in their polyamine levels. ..
- Kim K, Lee J, Yang Y, You K, Lee J. Macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1 activates AKT and ERK-1/2 via the transactivation of ErbB2 in human breast and gastric cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:704-12 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that MIC-1 may participate in the malignant progression of certain human cancer cells that overexpress ErbB2 through the transactivation of ErbB2 tyrosine kinase. ..
- Lee H, Lee D, Park M, Yang S, Lee J, Kim D, et al. STMN2 is a novel target of beta-catenin/TCF-mediated transcription in human hepatoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:1059-67 pubmed..Our results suggest that STMN2 might be a novel player of beta-catenin/TCF-mediated carcinogenesis in the liver. ..
- Oh Y, Kim H, Song I, Yun H, Jo D, Kim S, et al. Hypoxia induces CXCR4 expression and biological activity in gastric cancer cells through activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1?. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:2239-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, disrupting the hypoxia-HIF-1?-CXCR4 axis could be an attractive therapeutic strategy for the treatment of gastric cancer. ..
- Choi M, Shi J, Jung S, Chen X, Cho K. Attractor landscape analysis reveals feedback loops in the p53 network that control the cellular response to DNA damage. Sci Signal. 2012;5:ra83 pubmed publisher..Thus, attractor landscape analysis of p53 network dynamics and its regulation can identify potential therapeutic strategies for treating cancer. ..
- Ha J, Lee J, Lee J, Lee C, Maeng J, Bae Y, et al. Nox4-dependent H2O2 production contributes to chronic glutamate toxicity in primary cortical neurons. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:1651-61 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the modulation of NADPH oxidase can be used as a new therapeutic strategy for glutamate-induced neuronal diseases. ..
- Kim S, Jeong J, Lee S, Kim S, Park T. Local and systemic delivery of VEGF siRNA using polyelectrolyte complex micelles for effective treatment of cancer. J Control Release. 2008;129:107-16 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the feasibility of using PEC micelles as a potential carrier for therapeutic siRNAs in local and systemic treatment of cancer. ..
- Lee S, Kang S, Choi M, Jung S, Ryu M, Chung H, et al. Growth Differentiation Factor 15 Mediates Systemic Glucose Regulatory Action of T-Helper Type 2 Cytokines. Diabetes. 2017;66:2774-2788 pubmed publisher..Thus, beneficial effects of Th2 cytokines on systemic glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity are mediated by GDF15. These findings open up a potential pharmacological route for reversing insulin resistance associated with obesity. ..
- Ryu S, Choi K, Park J, Park Y, Kim S, Choi C. Mitofusin 1 inhibits an apoptosis-associated amino-terminal conformational change in Bax, but not its mitochondrial translocation, in a GTPase-dependent manner. Cancer Lett. 2012;323:62-8 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest a role for Mfn1 in regulating the activation of Bax on the outer mitochondrial membrane in a GTPase-dependent manner. ..
- Lee J, Yoon S, Lee S, Lee M, Jung H, Kim T, et al. Ginsenoside Rg3 ameliorated HFD-induced hepatic steatosis through downregulation of STAT5-PPAR?. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:223-235 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of evidence that obesity-induced insulin resistance and lipotoxicity can be treated with ginsenoside Rg3, which acts though the STAT5-PPAR gamma pathway in vivo and in vitro...
- Huang K, Jang K, Kim S, Kim H, Kim S, Kwon H, et al. Exome sequencing reveals recurrent REV3L mutations in cisplatin-resistant squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19552 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the 'platinum' mutational signature and inactivation of REV3L may inform treatment options in patients of recurrent SCCHN. ..
- Lee H, Yuk J, Kim K, Jang J, Kang G, Park J, et al. Mycobacterium abscessus activates the NLRP3 inflammasome via Dectin-1-Syk and p62/SQSTM1. Immunol Cell Biol. 2012;90:601-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate the induction mechanism of the NLRP3/ASC inflammasome and its role in innate immunity to Mabc infection. ..
- Lee J, Lee J, Yu H, Choi K, Choi C. Differential dependency of human cancer cells on vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated autocrine growth and survival. Cancer Lett. 2011;309:145-50 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest the role of autocrine VEGF signaling in various cancer cells and provide a basis for the variable clinical responses to antiangiogenic therapy observed in different types of malignancies. ..
- Park Y, Park H, Lee C, Choi S, Jo S, Choi H, et al. Ca(V)3.1 is a tremor rhythm pacemaker in the inferior olive. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:10731-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ca(V)3.1 is a molecular pacemaker substrate for intrinsic neuronal oscillations of inferior olive neurons, and the potentiation of this mechanism can be considered as a pathological cause of essential tremor. ..
- Lee Y, Kim S, Park H, Park E, Huang S, Jeon S, et al. PAUF functions in the metastasis of human pancreatic cancer cells and upregulates CXCR4 expression. Oncogene. 2010;29:56-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that PAUF enhances the metastatic potential of pancreatic cancer cells, at least in part, by upregulating CXCR4 expression. ..
- Kim K, Ahn J, Cheon H. Apoptotic action of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma activation in human non small-cell lung cancer is mediated via proline oxidase-induced reactive oxygen species formation. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;72:674-85 pubmed..The results of the present study suggest that PPARgamma activation induces apoptotic cell death in non-small-cell lung carcinoma mainly through ROS formation via POX induction. ..
- Sohn H, Kim Y, Kim H, Kim C, Cho E, Kang H, et al. Ganglioside GM3 is involved in neuronal cell death. FASEB J. 2006;20:1248-50 pubmed..Our findings suggest that GM3 acts as not only a mediator of oxidative HT22 death by glutamate but also a modulator of in vivo neuronal cell death. ..