Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant fusion proteins in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: recombinant fusion proteins
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Yim S, Lee Y, Lee J, Chang D, Han J, Kim H, et al. Regulation of ApC/EBP mRNA by the Aplysia AU-rich element-binding protein, ApELAV, and its effects on 5-hydroxytryptamine-induced long-term facilitation. J Neurochem. 2006;98:420-9 pubmed
- Park S, Yoon S, Lee J, Park J, Jang J, Lee J. Multicenter, prospective study to evaluate the efficacy of biweekly romiplostim administration in patients with immune thrombocytopenia. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:44-52 pubmed publisher..Lengthening the dose interval of romiplostim to greater than a week is not feasible to maintain stable platelet count. ..
- Kim H, Chang D, Lee J, Lee Y, Kaang B. Identification of nuclear/nucleolar localization signal in Aplysia learning associated protein of slug with a molecular mass of 18 kDa homologous protein. Neurosci Lett. 2003;343:134-8 pubmed..Analysis of deletion mutants of ApLLP-EGFP showed that the N-terminal and the C-terminal nucleolar and nucleus localization signal sequences are important for localization to the nucleus and the nucleoli. ..
- Bae M, Cho N, Seong S. Protective anti-tumour immune responses by murine dendritic cells pulsed with recombinant Tat-carcinoembryonic antigen derived from Escherichia coli. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;157:128-38 pubmed publisher..This strategy may provide a basic platform for DC-based anti-CEA vaccines that could be utilized in combination with advanced immune-enhancing therapeutics. ..
- Kim H, Cho H, Choi S, Woo J, Moon W. In vivo imaging of tumor transduced with bimodal lentiviral vector encoding human ferritin and green fluorescent protein on a 1.5T clinical magnetic resonance scanner. Cancer Res. 2010;70:7315-24 pubmed publisher..Our techniques can be used to monitor tumor growth, metastasis, and regression during cell and gene-based therapy in deep tissues...
- Park H, Cho S, Kim C, Hwang H, Noh K, Kim M, et al. Heat shock protein hsp72 is a negative regulator of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7721-30 pubmed..Hsp72 antisense oligonucleotides prevented the inhibitory effects of mild heat shock on H(2)O(2)-induced ASK1 activation and apoptosis. These observations suggest that Hsp72 functions as an endogenous inhibitor of ASK1. ..
- Hong J, Lee S, Hwang B. Activation of pepper basic PR-1 gene promoter during defense signaling to pathogen, abiotic and environmental stresses. Gene. 2005;356:169-80 pubmed..These results suggest that CABPR1 promoter is essential for regulating CABPR1 gene expression in response to pathogen, abiotic and environmental stresses, possibly by transactivating the CAZFP1 and CARAV1 transcription factors. ..
- Bae J, Koo B, Ryu H, Song J, Nguyen M, Vu T, et al. Cu/Zn incorporation during purification of soluble human EC-SOD from E. coli stabilizes proper disulfide bond formation. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2013;169:1633-47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the enzymatic activity of hEC-SOD is associated with metal incorporation and protein folding via disulfide bond. ..
- Yoo J, Oh B, Park Y. Human PinX1 mediates TRF1 accumulation in nucleolus and enhances TRF1 binding to telomeres. J Mol Biol. 2009;388:928-40 pubmed publisher..The PinX1 function of mediating TRF1 nucleolar accumulation is absent from ALT cells, suggesting that it might be telomerase-dependent. ..
- Kim H, Lee J, Cho J, Jeong J, Park A, Kang W, et al. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K inhibits heat shock-induced transcriptional activity of heat shock factor 1. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12801-12812 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that hnRNP K inhibits transcriptional activity of HSF1 by inhibiting its binding to heat shock element and that the oxidation status of Cys132 in hnRNP K is critical for this inhibition. ..
- Min C, Son Y, Kim C, Park S, Lee J. Increased expression, folding and enzyme reaction rate of recombinant human insulin by selecting appropriate leader peptide. J Biotechnol. 2011;151:350-6 pubmed publisher..By testing several leader peptides, we constructed a new strain with 30% increased productivity based on expression level, refolding yield and enzyme reaction. ..
- Lee J, Lim C, Lee S, Kim H, Nukina N, Kaang B. Aggregate formation and the impairment of long-term synaptic facilitation by ectopic expression of mutant huntingtin in Aplysia neurons. J Neurochem. 2003;85:160-9 pubmed..This study demonstrates the stability of polyQ-based aggregates and their specific effects on long-term synaptic plasticity. ..
- Lin Y, Son H, Lee J, Min K, Choi G, Kim J, et al. A putative transcription factor MYT1 is required for female fertility in the ascomycete Gibberella zeae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25586 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to characterize a transcription factor containing a Myb DNA-binding domain that is specific to sexual development in G. zeae. ..
- Seo D, Southard K, Kim J, Lee H, Farlow J, Lee J, et al. A Mechanogenetic Toolkit for Interrogating Cell Signaling in Space and Time. Cell. 2016;165:1507-1518 pubmed publisher..This generalizable technique can be used to control and understand diverse mechanosensitive processes in cell signaling. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Choi J, Kim E, Park Y, Han Y. Expression of the active human and duck hepatitis B virus polymerases in heterologous system of Pichia methanolica. Antiviral Res. 2002;55:279-90 pubmed..We present a new simplified way of obtaining active viral P protein using the yeast expression system. The viral P proteins proved to be stable and were not aggregated in the yeast system...
- Kang H, Park J, Jeong S, Kim J, Moon H, Perez Reyes E, et al. A molecular determinant of nickel inhibition in Cav3.2 T-type calcium channels. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4823-30 pubmed..1. These findings indicate that His-191 in the S3-S4 loop is a critical residue conferring nickel block to Ca(v)3.2 and reveal a novel role for the S3-S4 loop to control ion permeation through T-type Ca2+ channels. ..
- Lee S, Hwang I, Choi H, Hwang B. Involvement of the pepper antimicrobial protein CaAMP1 gene in broad spectrum disease resistance. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1004-20 pubmed publisher..2 during P. syringae pv tomato infection. Together, these results suggest that the antimicrobial CaAMP1 protein is involved in broad-spectrum resistance to bacterial and fungal pathogen infection. ..
- Bae S, Kim S, Jung J, Yoon Y, Cha H, Lee H, et al. Akt is negatively regulated by the MULAN E3 ligase. Cell Res. 2012;22:873-85 pubmed publisher..The results of the functional studies suggest that the degradation of Akt by MULAN suppresses cell proliferation and viability. These data provide insight into the Akt ubiquitination signaling network. ..
- Song Y, Jhun M, Park T, Huh W. Quantitative proteomic analysis of ribosomal protein L35b mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1804:676-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our approach of combining a library of GFP-tagged yeast strains and the SGA method provides an effective and highly sensitive method for dynamic analysis of the effects of various mutations on proteome expression. ..
- Seo K, Chu H, Yoo T, Lee S, Won J. Separation efficiency of free-solution conjugated electrophoresis with drag-tags incorporating a synthetic amino acid. Electrophoresis. 2016;37:818-25 pubmed publisher..In addition, to produce strong and site-specific conjugation, a methionine residue in drag-tags is replaced with homopropargylglycine (Hpg), which can be conjugated specifically to a DNA fragment with an azide site. ..
- Kim Y, Kim J, Jung D, Kang J, Lee S, Kim J, et al. Artificial zinc finger fusions targeting Sp1-binding sites and the trans-activator-responsive element potently repress transcription and replication of HIV-1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21545-52 pubmed
- Lee M, Song Y, Ryu K. Development of infectious transcripts from full-length and GFP-tagged cDNA clones of Pepper mottle virus and stable systemic expression of GFP in tobacco and pepper. Virus Res. 2011;155:487-94 pubmed publisher..This study is the first report of the construction of a biologically active, full-length cDNA copy of the Pepper mottle virus RNA genome and the stable expression of a foreign gene within the modified virus. ..
- Shin D. Preliminary structural studies on MPN423 expressed from an orthologous ORFan of Mycoplasma pneumoniae. Protein Pept Lett. 2008;15:753-5 pubmed..9 degrees . A preliminary electron density map shows five alpha-helical segments per MPN423 molecule. A full structure determination is under way to provide helpful information to general questions about orthologous ORFan products. ..
- Jeon E, Hyeon J, Eun L, Park B, Kim S, Lee J, et al. Cellulosic alcoholic fermentation using recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae engineered for the production of Clostridium cellulovorans endoglucanase and Saccharomycopsis fibuligera beta-glucosidase. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;301:130-6 pubmed publisher
- Lee D, Kang J, Park H, Kim M, Yim T, Kim J, et al. FBI-1 enhances transcription of the nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB)-responsive E-selectin gene by nuclear localization of the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27783-91 pubmed..FBI-1 also interacted with IkappaB alpha and IkappaB beta. ..
- Ganguly A, Lee S, Cho M, Lee O, Yoo H, Cho H. Differential auxin-transporting activities of PIN-FORMED proteins in Arabidopsis root hair cells. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1046-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that different PINs behave differentially in catalyzing auxin transport depending upon their molecular activity and subcellular localization in the root hair cell...
- Kim H, Kwak N, Lee J, Choi B, Lim Y, Ko Y, et al. Merlin neutralizes the inhibitory effect of Mdm2 on p53. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7812-8 pubmed..These results suggest that merlin could be a positive regulator of p53 in terms of tumor suppressor activity, and provide the promising therapeutic means for treating tumors with non-functional merlin or Mdm2 overexpression. ..
- Kim D, Hwang B. The pepper receptor-like cytoplasmic protein kinase CaPIK1 is involved in plant signaling of defense and cell-death responses. Plant J. 2011;66:642-55 pubmed publisher..Salicylic acid levels in CaPIK1-OX plants are higher than those in wild-type plants. Together, these results suggest that CaPIK1 modulates the signaling required for the salicylic acid-dependent defense response to pathogen infection. ..
- Jeon J, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim H, Lee H, Kang S, et al. Cloning and characterization of a new cold-active lipase from a deep-sea sediment metagenome. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;81:865-74 pubmed publisher..rEML1 was resistant to various detergents such as Triton X-100 and Tween 80. This study represents an example which developed a new cold-active lipase from a deep-sea sediment metagenome. ..
- Eun B, Kim H, Kim S, Kim T, Hong S, Choi K, et al. Induction of Per1 expression following an experimentally induced epilepsy in the mouse hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2011;498:110-3 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the Per1 expression is neuronal activity- and epileptogen-dependent, although its functional significance is remained to be explored. ..
- Niazi J, Kim B, Gu M. Characterization of superoxide-stress sensing recombinant Escherichia coli constructed using promoters for genes zwf and fpr fused to lux operon. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;74:1276-83 pubmed
- Chun Y, Choi E, Yeo E, Lee J, Kim M, Park J. A new HIF-1 alpha variant induced by zinc ion suppresses HIF-1-mediated hypoxic responses. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:4051-61 pubmed
- Ko J, Jang S, Kim Y, Kim I, Sung H, Kim H, et al. Human LZIP binds to CCR1 and differentially affects the chemotactic activities of CCR1-dependent chemokines. FASEB J. 2004;18:890-2 pubmed
- Ye F, Yang C, Kim J, MacNevin C, Hahn K, Park D, et al. Epigallocatechin gallate has pleiotropic effects on transmembrane signaling by altering the embedding of transmembrane domains. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9858-9864 pubmed publisher..Thus, this widely ingested polyphenol exhibits pleiotropic effects on transmembrane signaling by modifying the topology of TMDs. ..
- Mun J, Lee S, Yu H, Jeong Y, Shin M, Kim H, et al. Petunia actin-depolymerizing factor is mainly accumulated in vascular tissue and its gene expression is enhanced by the first intron. Gene. 2002;292:233-43 pubmed..These results suggest that PhADF1 gene of petunia is mainly expressed in vascular tissues and its expression is regulated by intron-mediated enhancement mechanism. ..
- Lee E, Lee J, Seo S, Chung K. Overexpression of DSCR1 blocks zinc-induced neuronal cell death through the formation of nuclear aggregates. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:585-95 pubmed..These findings indicate that, although the up-regulation of DSCR1 levels exerts a cytotoxic effect, the addition of zinc leads to the formation of cytoprotective nuclear aggregates in neuronal cells. ..
- Ahn H, Kim S, Nam H. Nucleolar translocalization of GRA10 of Toxoplasma gondii transfectionally expressed in HeLa cells. Korean J Parasitol. 2007;45:165-74 pubmed..Nucleolar localizing and interacting of GRA10 with TAF1B suggested the participation of GRA10 in rRNA synthesis of host cells to favor the parasitism of T. gondii. ..
- Kim D, Kim B, Lee Y, Ryu J, Lim Y, Hur H, et al. Regiospecific methylation of naringenin to ponciretin by soybean O-methyltransferase expressed in Escherichia coli. J Biotechnol. 2005;119:155-62 pubmed publisher..Considering the reactions, SOMT-2 may have a regiospecific methylation activity, resulting in transforming 4'-hydroxyl group of flavonoids B-ring to 4'-methyl group...
- Jun Y, Park H, Lee Y, Kaang B, Lee J, Jang D. D-AKAP1a is a signal-anchored protein in the mitochondrial outer membrane. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:954-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, D-AKAP1a can be classified as a signal-anchored protein in the MOM. Our topological study provides valuable information about the molecular and cellular mechanisms of mitochondrial targeting of AKAP1. ..
- Do H, Lim H, Kim J, Song H, Chung H, Kim J. An intact homeobox domain is required for complete nuclear localization of human Nanog. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:770-5 pubmed..A series of deletion and site-directed mutagenesis within the HD revealed that two basic NLS motifs are located at the N-terminus and C-terminus of the HD and that both motifs are required for complete hNanog nuclear localization. ..
- Chung S, Choi H, Kim K, Cho Y, Lee H, Park K. Regulation of human resistin gene expression in cell systems: an important role of stimulatory protein 1 interaction with a common promoter polymorphic site. Diabetologia. 2005;48:1150-8 pubmed..In addition, Sp1 may be involved in the increase of resistin expression by hyperglycaemia. ..
- Um J, Stichel Gunkel C, Lübbert H, Lee G, Chung K. Molecular interaction between parkin and PINK1 in mammalian neuronal cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:421-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that parkin and PINK1 affect each other's stability, solubility and tendency to form aggresomes, and have important implications regarding the formation of Lewy bodies. ..
- Kim Y, Lee S, Park K. A leader intron and 115-bp promoter region necessary for expression of the carnation S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase gene in the pollen of transgenic tobacco. FEBS Lett. 2004;578:229-35 pubmed..In addition, the first 5'-leader intron was necessary for tissue-specific expression. ..
- Ahn K, Park J, Han K, Song J, Lee J. YrhB is a highly stable small protein with unique chaperone-like activity in Escherichia coli BL21(DE3). FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1044-8 pubmed publisher..As a cis-acting fusion partner, YrhB also significantly reduced inclusion body formation of nine aggregation-prone heterologous proteins in BL21(DE3). Unlike conventional small HSPs, YrhB remained monomer under heat shock condition. ..
- Koo B, Kim M, Lee S, Lee W. Purification and spectroscopic characterization of the human protein tyrosine kinase-6 SH3 domain. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;35:343-7 pubmed..Both the NMR and circular dichroism data indicate that the PTK6 SH3 domain experiences a conformational instability, even in an aqueous solution. ..
- Ahn B, Kim B, Jeon Y, Lee E, Lim Y, Ahn J. Formation of flavone di-O-glucosides using a glycosyltransferase from Bacillus cereus. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;19:387-90 pubmed..Kaempferol was the most effective substrate tested. Based on HPLC, LC/MS, and NMR analyses of the reaction products, we conclude that BcGT-3 can be used for the synthesis of kaempferol 3,7-O-diglucose. ..
- Kim H, Lim S, Kim H, Hwang S, Park J, Shin E, et al. The frequency and impact of ROS1 rearrangement on clinical outcomes in never smokers with lung adenocarcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:2364-70 pubmed publisher..Given the different treatment outcomes to conventional therapies and availability of ROS1 inhibitors, identification of ROS1 rearrangement can lead to successful treatment in ROS1-rearranged lung adenocarcinomas. ..
- Choi H, Choi S, Back Y, Paik S, Park H, Kim W, et al. Rv2299c, a novel dendritic cell-activating antigen of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, fused-ESAT-6 subunit vaccine confers improved and durable protection against the hypervirulent strain HN878 in mice. Oncotarget. 2017;8:19947-19967 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Rv2299c is an excellent candidate for the rational design of an effective multiantigenic TB vaccine. ..
- Park S, Yang E, Kim Ha J, Kim Y. Down regulation of extramacrochaetae mRNA by a Drosophila neural RNA binding protein Rbp9 which is homologous to human Hu proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2989-94 pubmed..Taken together with the in vitro RNA binding results, the genetic evidence obtained strongly supports the hypothesis that Rbp9 functions as a regulator of RNA stability. ..
- Kim J, Song K. The study of Bfa1p(E438K) suggests that Bfa1 control the mitotic exit network in different mechanisms depending on different checkpoint-activating signals. Mol Cells. 2006;21:251-60 pubmed..In addition, the viability of cdc5-2 delta bfa1 cells was not reduced by BFA1(E438K), suggesting that Cdc5p also regulates Bfa1p to activate mitotic exit by other mechanism(s), besides phosphorylation. ..
- Lee J, Tan C, Lee S, Kim Y, Lee K. Controlled delivery of heat shock protein using an injectable microsphere/hydrogel combination system for the treatment of myocardial infarction. J Control Release. 2009;137:196-202 pubmed publisher..This approach to controlling the release behavior of TAT-HSP27 using microsphere/hydrogel combination delivery systems may be useful for treating myocardial infarction in a minimally invasive manner...
- Lee K, Rhee K. PLK1 phosphorylation of pericentrin initiates centrosome maturation at the onset of mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:1093-101 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that PLK1-mediated phosphorylation of PCNT initiates centrosome maturation by organizing the spindle pole-specific PCM lattice. ..
- Kim K, Kim H. Progress of antibody-based inhibitors of the HGF-cMET axis in cancer therapy. Exp Mol Med. 2017;49:e307 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarized the completed and ongoing clinical trials testing antibody- or protein-based anticancer drugs targeting cMET and HGF. ..
- Chang S, Park S, Kim S, Kang C. Interaction of the C-terminal domain of p43 and the alpha subunit of ATP synthase. Its functional implication in endothelial cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8388-94 pubmed..These results suggest the potential interaction of p43/EMAP II with alpha-ATP synthase and its role in the proliferation of endothelial cells. ..
- Ahn B, Rhim H, Kim S, Sung Y, Lee M, Choi J, et al. alpha-Synuclein interacts with phospholipase D isozymes and inhibits pervanadate-induced phospholipase D activation in human embryonic kidney-293 cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12334-42 pubmed..These results suggest that the association of alpha-synuclein with PLD, and modulation of PLD activity, is biologically important, but PLD does not appear to play an essential role in the pathophysiology of alpha-synuclein. ..
- Choi M, Lee O, Jeon S, Park M, Lee D, Ko J, et al. The oocyte-specific transcription factor, Nobox, regulates the expression of Pad6, a peptidylarginine deiminase in the oocyte. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3629-34 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Nobox is a critical regulator that orchestrates oocyte-specific genes such as Pad6 during folliculogenesis. ..
- Kim J, Park I, Kim B. Development and characterization of membrane surface display system using molecular chaperon, prsA, of Bacillus subtilis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:1248-53 pubmed..subtilis. Without lysozyme treatment, only part of cellulase activity (10%) was observed in whole cell fraction. ..
- Kim H, Ali O, Shim M, Lee K, Vuguin P, Muzumdar R, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 induces insulin resistance in adipocytes in vitro and in rats in vivo. Pediatr Res. 2007;61:159-64 pubmed
- Cho E, Lee C, Son K, Kim Y, Kim S. Characterization of mouse synaptic vesicle-2-associated protein (Msvop) specifically expressed in the mouse central nervous system. Gene. 2009;429:44-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that msvop is a central nervous system-specific gene and could be utilized for elucidating gene regulation in neuronal cells. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, Kang H, Oh G, Kim T. Two distinct domains of Flo8 activator mediates its role in transcriptional activation and the physical interaction with Mss11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:202-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings provide valuable clues for understanding the molecular mechanism of Flo8-mediated transcriptional control of multiple targets. ..
- Tran P, Widyasari K, Park J, Kim K. Engineering an auto-activated R protein that is in vivo activated by a viral protease. Virology. 2017;510:242-247 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the potential for transforming malfunctioning and auto-activated R proteins into a new construct targeting potyviral NIa proteases. ..
- Hwang D, Chae K, Kang T, Hwang J, Lim C, Kang H, et al. Alterations in behavior, amyloid beta-42, caspase-3, and Cox-2 in mutant PS2 transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. FASEB J. 2002;16:805-13 pubmed
- Kim H, Kwon M, Ryu H, Fujioka S, Takatsuto S, Yoshida S, et al. The regulation of DWARF4 expression is likely a critical mechanism in maintaining the homeostasis of bioactive brassinosteroids in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:548-57 pubmed..Thus, it is likely that the DWF4 promoter serves as a focal point in maintaining homeostasis of endogenous bioactive BR pools in specific tissues of Arabidopsis. ..
- Oh S, Park J, Yoon S, Kim Y, Park S, Ryu M, et al. The Arabidopsis calcium sensor calcineurin B-like 3 inhibits the 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase in a calcium-dependent manner. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1883-96 pubmed publisher..We also discuss a possible mechanism by which the CBL3-mediated calcium signaling regulates the biosynthesis of ethylene and polyamines, which are involved in plant growth and development as well as various stress responses. ..
- Park K, Park J, Yang W, Lee J, Song M, Kim H. Transcriptional activation of the IL31 gene by NFAT and STAT6. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;91:245-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrate that calcium and IL-4 signals are required to mediate induction of IL-31 in Th2 cells and mast cells and that this induction appears to result from specific binding of NFAT and STAT6 proteins. ..
- Joo H, Kim J, Jeong J, Seong K, Nam S, Yang K, et al. Ret finger protein 2 enhances ionizing radiation-induced apoptosis via degradation of AKT and MDM2. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:420-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data suggest that irradiation causes RFP2 overexpression, which enhances ionizing radiation-induced apoptosis by increasing p53 stability and decreasing AKT kinase activity through MDM2 and AKT degradation. ..
- Lim J, Duong T, Lee G, Seong B, El Rifai W, Ruley H, et al. The effect of intracellular protein delivery on the anti-tumor activity of recombinant human endostatin. Biomaterials. 2013;34:6261-71 pubmed publisher..This study will inform future efforts to understand ES function(s) and suggest strategies for improving ES-based cancer therapeutics. ..
- Park H, Kim S, Seong Y, Kim K, Goo H, Yoon E, et al. Beta-amyloid precursor protein is a direct cleavage target of HtrA2 serine protease. Implications for the physiological function of HtrA2 in the mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34277-87 pubmed..Our study suggests that the direct cleavage of mitochondrial APP by HtrA2 may prevent mitochondrial dysfunction caused by accumulation of APP and that the regulation of HtrA2 protease activity may be a therapeutic target in AD. ..
- Song J, Lim J, Kim H, Morio T, Kim K. Oxidative stress induces nuclear loss of DNA repair proteins Ku70 and Ku80 and apoptosis in pancreatic acinar AR42J cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36676-87 pubmed..The nuclear loss of Ku proteins may underlie the mechanism of apoptosis in pancreatic acinar cells after oxidative stress. ..
- Ko S, Kang G, Song S, Lee J, Shin D, Yun J, et al. Structural basis of E2-25K/UBB+1 interaction leading to proteasome inhibition and neurotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36070-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the interaction between E2-25K and UBB(+1) is critical for the synthesis and accumulation of UBB(+1)-anchored polyubiquitin, which results in proteasomal inhibition and neuronal cell death. ..
- Kim K, Ryu S, Kim S, Baek G, Kim D, Lim K, et al. Highly efficient RNA-guided base editing in mouse embryos. Nat Biotechnol. 2017;35:435-437 pubmed publisher..F0 mice showed nonsense mutations with an efficiency of 44-57% and allelic frequencies of up to 100%, demonstrating an efficient method to generate mice with targeted point mutations. ..
- Chauhan S, Hou C, Jung S, Kang T. Detection and purification of backbone-cyclized proteins using a bacterially expressed anti-myc-tag single chain antibody. Anal Biochem. 2017;532:38-44 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the immunoaffinity resin prepared using 9E10 scAb could be regenerated several times after the elution of bound proteins using an acid, which added more value to the ready preparation of the active antibody in bacteria. ..
- Um S, Rhyu J, Kim E, Jeon K, Hwang E, Park J. Abrogation of IRF-1 response by high-risk HPV E7 protein in vivo. Cancer Lett. 2002;179:205-12 pubmed
- Noh J, Choi S, Lee J, Betz H, Kim J, Park C, et al. Effects of ginsenosides on glycine receptor alpha1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Mol Cells. 2003;15:34-9 pubmed..These results indicate that ginsenosides might regulate gylcine receptor expressed in Xenopus oocytes and this regulation might be one of the pharmacological actions of Panax ginseng. ..
- Lee J, Kim H, Ryu C, Kim J, Choi B, Lim Y, et al. Merlin, a tumor suppressor, interacts with transactivation-responsive RNA-binding protein and inhibits its oncogenic activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30265-73 pubmed..These results provide the first clue to the functional interaction between TRBP and merlin and suggest a novel mechanism for the tumor suppressor function of merlin both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Seo D, Jung J, Jung D, Park S, Yoo S, Kim Y, et al. An unusual chimeric amylosucrase generated by domain-swapping mutagenesis. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;86:7-16 pubmed publisher..Molecular dynamic computational simulation suggested that DGAS-B could not synthesize longer glucan chains because of the change in flexibilities of loops 4, 7, and 8as compared to those of DGAS. ..
- Oh C, Kim H, An C. Molecular cloning and complementation analysis of nifV gene from Frankia EuIK1 strain. Mol Cells. 2003;15:27-33 pubmed..The transcription and function of Frankia EuIK1 nifV were verified by a RT-PCR analysis and complementation test with the K. pneumoniae mutant, respectively. These results suggested that Frankia EuIK1 nifV is a functional gene...
- Park K, Kim G, Jang S, Kim C, Kwon S, Yoo C, et al. Gene therapy with GM-CSF, interleukin-4 and herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase shows strong antitumor effect on lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:1559-64 pubmed..Inadequate release of tumor antigens (TA) and a defective antigen presentation by dendritic cells (DC) are the major mechanisms for how tumor cells can escape the host immune surveillance...
- Chu H, Ryum J, Won J. Cadmium detection by a thermally responsive elastin copolymer with metal-binding functionality. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2013;53:189-93 pubmed publisher..In addition, transition temperature variation was analyzed when the fusion protein bound to cadmium. ..
- Chang H, Kim S, Kim J, Kim S, Whang J, Choi J, et al. Ten-Year Experience With Bowel Transplantation at Seoul St. Mary's Hospital. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:473-8 pubmed publisher..One-year survival of the patient and graft was 73.33% (Kaplan-Meier survival curve). Although the total number of ITx is small, its social impact has been remarkable in changing the related laws and reimbursement policy in Korea. ..
- Oh J, Do H, Yang H, Moon S, Cha K, Chung H, et al. Identification of a putative transactivation domain in human Nanog. Exp Mol Med. 2005;37:250-4 pubmed
- Kang J, Kim S, Hong K. Induction of TSP1 gene expression by heat shock is mediated via an increase in mRNA stability. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:510-6 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified a putative region from 968 to 1258 from the stop codon in the TSP1 3'-UTR, involved in the stability by heat shock. Thus, the induction of TSP1 by heat shock may occur through a post-transcriptional mechanism. ..
- Baek S, Cho H, Kwon Y, Lee J, Kim M, Lee H, et al. Requirement for Pak3 in Rac1-induced organization of actin and myosin during Drosophila larval wound healing. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:772-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Pak3 specifically mediates Rac1 signaling in organizing actin and myosin during Drosophila epidermal wound healing. ..
- Shim J, Sternberg P, Lee J. Distinct and redundant functions of mu1 medium chains of the AP-1 clathrin-associated protein complex in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2743-56 pubmed..Thus, apm-1 and unc-101 encode two highly related micro1 chains that share redundant and distinct functions within AP-1 clathrin-associated protein complexes of the same tissue. ..
- Kim T, Paik S, Yang C. Structural and functional implications of C-terminal regions of alpha-synuclein. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13782-90 pubmed
- Park S. The EphA8 receptor phosphorylates and activates low molecular weight phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase in vitro. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;36:288-93 pubmed..These results suggest that LMW-PTP may also participate in a feedback-control mechanism of the EphA8 receptor autokinase activity in vivo. ..
- Son S, Lee H. The N-terminal domain of EzrA binds to the C terminus of FtsZ to inhibit Staphylococcus aureus FtsZ polymerization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:108-14 pubmed publisher..A GST pull-down assay indicated that the N-terminal domain of SaEzrA interacts with the C-terminal tail of SaFtsZ, and the elongated shape of EzrA was predicted based on the Stokes radius of each construct. ..
- Jung S, Auh C, Ryu J, Kim J. New preparation of PM2 phage DNA and an endonuclease assay for a single-strand break. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2003;83:223-9 pubmed..The correct calculation of endonuclease activity of rpS3 for nick-circle assay was performed to measure single-strand breaks in this report...