Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reactive oxygen species in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: reactive oxygen species
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Shim J, Kim H, Ju M, Choi J, Jeong S, Oh M. Effects of the hook of Uncaria rhynchophylla on neurotoxicity in the 6-hydroxydopamine model of Parkinson's disease. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;126:361-5 pubmed publisher..While the hook of Uncaria rhynchophylla (URH) is a traditional herb used in northeast Asia for the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD)-like symptoms such as tremor, it has not been experimentally evaluated in a PD model...
- Choi J, Lee J, Kim H, Kim E, Seo J, Ko J, et al. Pro-survival of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells is regulated by a BLT2-reactive oxygen species-linked signaling pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:543-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate, for the first time, that the 'BLT2-Nox1-ROS'-linked cascade is involved in the pro-survival signaling, especially in ER-negative breast cancer cells. ..
- Eom J, Seo M, Baek J, Chu H, Han S, Min T, et al. Alpha-eleostearic acid induces autophagy-dependent cell death through targeting AKT/mTOR and ERK1/2 signal together with the generation of reactive oxygen species. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:903-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the generation of ROS by alpha-ESA treatment impedes the progress of apoptosis and excessive autophagy formation which takes part in cell death, thus impeding death promotion. ..
- Im G, Chang J, Choi J, Chae S, Ko E, Jung H. Protective effect of Korean red ginseng extract on cisplatin ototoxicity in HEI-OC1 auditory cells. Phytother Res. 2010;24:614-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, Korean red ginseng extract can play both an anti-apoptotic and anti-oxidative role on cisplatin-induced ototoxicity in an auditory cell line. ..
- Ham A, Kim B, Koo U, Nam K, Lee S, Kim K, et al. Spirafolide from bay leaf (Laurus nobilis) prevents dopamine-induced apoptosis by decreasing reactive oxygen species production in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:1953-8 pubmed publisher..01) and lowered intracellular ROS levels (p < 0.01). These results indicate that spirafolide has neuroprotective effects against DA toxicity. These effects may contribute to the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Choi J, Kim H, Kim M, Yang W, Huh Y, Kim S, et al. Polygalae radix inhibits toxin-induced neuronal death in the Parkinson's disease models. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;134:414-21 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PRE has protective effects on dopaminergic neurons via its anti-oxidant and anti-apoptotic activity. ..
- Jung J, Kim H, Sohn K, Kim M, Lee K. Translationally controlled tumor protein induces human breast epithelial cell transformation through the activation of Src. Oncogene. 2011;30:2264-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TCTP induces tumorigenesis through distinct multicellular signaling pathways involving Src-dependent EGFR transactivation, ROS generation and MMP expression. ..
- Choi H, Kim T, Jhon G, Lee S. Reactive oxygen species regulate M-CSF-induced monocyte/macrophage proliferation through SHP1 oxidation. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1633-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that M-CSF-mediated ROS generation leads to SHP1 oxidation, which promotes cell proliferation through the PI3K/Akt-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Won H, Lim S, Jang M, Kim Y, Rashid M, Jyothi K, et al. Peroxiredoxin-2 upregulated by NF-?B attenuates oxidative stress during the differentiation of muscle-derived C2C12 cells. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2012;16:245-61 pubmed publisher..Prx-2 is upregulated via the PI3K/NF-?B pathway and attenuates oxidative stress during muscle differentiation and regeneration. ..
- Park Y, Lim G, Cho K, Woo S, Shin M, Yoo E, et al. Improved viability and activity of neutrophils differentiated from HL-60 cells by co-culture with adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;423:19-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that the use of AD-MSCs may be a promising cell-based therapy for increasing immunity by accelerating neutrophil function. ..
- Kim S, Park Y, Hwang I, Youdim M, Park K, Oh Y. Nuclear translocation of DJ-1 during oxidative stress-induced neuronal cell death. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;53:936-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that nuclear translocation of DJ-1 may protect neurons from cell death after oxidative stress. ..
- Yang J, Ahn H, Chang M, Narasimhan P, Chan P, Song Y. Complement component 3 inhibition by an antioxidant is neuroprotective after cerebral ischemia and reperfusion in mice. J Neurochem. 2013;124:523-35 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the neuroprotective effect of antioxidants through complement component 3 suppression is a new strategy for potential therapeutic approaches in stroke...
- Yu K, Yoon T, Minai Tehrani A, Kim J, Park S, Jeong M, et al. Zinc oxide nanoparticle induced autophagic cell death and mitochondrial damage via reactive oxygen species generation. Toxicol In Vitro. 2013;27:1187-95 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, ZnO-np may cause toxicity and the results highlight and need for careful regulation of ZnO-np production and use. ..
- Chae S, Kim J, Kang K, Bu H, Lee Y, Seo Y, et al. Antioxidant activity of isoacteoside from Clerodendron trichotomum. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2005;68:389-400 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that isoacteoside, isolated from C. trichotomum, possesses antioxidant properties...
- Kim B, Chung H. Hypoxia/reoxygenation induces apoptosis through a ROS-mediated caspase-8/Bid/Bax pathway in human lymphocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:745-50 pubmed..Our results also suggest that ROS are critical regulators of caspase-8-mediated apoptosis in H/R-treated human lymphocytes. ..
- Jin H, Seo S, Woo S, Lee H, Kim E, Yoo D, et al. A combination of sulindac and arsenic trioxide synergistically induces apoptosis in human lung cancer H1299 cells via c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-dependent Bcl-xL phosphorylation. Lung Cancer. 2008;61:317-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in H1299 human NSCLC cells, sulindac and ATO synergistically induce a high degree of apoptosis, which is mediated by the ROS-dependent JNK activation pathway via Bcl-xL phosphorylation. ..
- Nam J, Cho M, Lee G, Park J, Ahn C, Cha B, et al. The activation of NF-kappaB and AP-1 in peripheral blood mononuclear cells isolated from patients with diabetic nephropathy. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;81:25-32 pubmed publisher..Increased intracellular ROS generation in PBMCs of diabetic patients is involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy via activation NF-kappaB and AP-1 and an increased expression of TGF-beta1. ..
- Kim C, Kim J, Kim J. Cytosolic phospholipase A(2), lipoxygenase metabolites, and reactive oxygen species. BMB Rep. 2008;41:555-9 pubmed..By elucidating the signaling mechanisms that link LOX and LOX metabolites to ROS, we hope to shed light on the variety of physiological and pathological mechanisms associated with LOX metabolism. ..
- Choi S, Kim T, Kim K, Kim B, Ahn S, Cho H, et al. Decreased catalase expression and increased susceptibility to oxidative stress in primary cultured corneal fibroblasts from patients with granular corneal dystrophy type II. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:248-61 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that oxidative damage induced by decreased catalase is involved in GCD II pathogenesis, and antioxidant agents represent a possible treatment strategy. ..
- Han K, Lim S, Ryu J, Lee C, Kim Y, Kang J, et al. CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors differentially regulate the production of reactive oxygen species by macrophages. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;84:378-86 pubmed publisher..Blocking CB1 together with selective activation of CB2 may suppress pro-inflammatory responses of macrophages. ..
- Lee S, Kim J, Kim T, Kim B, Lee M, Yoo Y. Serum deprivation-induced reactive oxygen species production is mediated by Romo1. Apoptosis. 2010;15:204-18 pubmed publisher..We also found that Romo1 knockdown inhibited serum deprivation-induced apoptosis. These findings suggest that Romo1-derived ROS play an important role in apoptotic cell death triggered by withdrawal of cell survival factors. ..
- Ryu H, Kim C, Kim J, Chung J, Kim J. UVB radiation induces apoptosis in keratinocytes by activating a pathway linked to "BLT2-reactive oxygen species". J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:1095-106 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that a "BLT2-Nox1"-linked pathway has a crucial role in UVB-induced ROS generation and mediates apoptosis in human keratinocytes. ..
- Choi I, Yan H, Park Y, Kim W. Sauchinone reduces oxygen-glucose deprivation-evoked neuronal cell death via suppression of intracellular radical production. Arch Pharm Res. 2009;32:1599-606 pubmed publisher..Specifically, sauchinone up-regulated the activity of catalase, indicating that sauchinone could be a useful cytoprotectant...
- Kim B, Choi Y, Lee Y, Joe Y, Hong S. N,N-Dimethyl phytosphingosine sensitizes HL-60/MX2, a multidrug-resistant variant of HL-60 cells, to doxorubicin-induced cytotoxicity through ROS-mediated release of cytochrome c and AIF. Apoptosis. 2010;15:982-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations suggest that DMPS may be used as a therapeutic agent for overcoming drug-resistance in cancer cells by enhancing drug-induced apoptosis. ..
- Cho S, Lee H, Jeong S, Lee H, Kim H, Chen C, et al. Sphingosine kinase 1 pathway is involved in melatonin-induced HIF-1? inactivation in hypoxic PC-3 prostate cancer cells. J Pineal Res. 2011;51:87-93 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest that melatonin suppresses HIF-1? accumulation via inhibition of SPHK1 pathway and ROS generation in PC-3 cells under hypoxia. ..
- Min N, Kim J, Choi J, Liang W, Ko Y, Rhee S, et al. Selective death of cancer cells by preferential induction of reactive oxygen species in response to (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:91-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that preferential death of cancer cells by EGCG could be caused by the cancer-specific induction of ROS and epigenetic modulation of expression of apoptosis-related genes, such as hTERT. ..
- Lim S, Shin J, Jo A, Jyothi K, Nguyen M, Choi T, et al. Carbonyl reductase 1 is an essential regulator of skeletal muscle differentiation and regeneration. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:1784-93 pubmed publisher..All together, we conclude that CBR1 plays a critical role in controlling redox balance and detoxifying lipid peroxidation during muscle differentiation and regeneration. ..
- Park J, Ko J, Hwang J, Koh H. Dynamin-related protein 1 mediates mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in chlorpyrifos-treated SH-SY5Y cells. Neurotoxicology. 2015;51:145-57 pubmed publisher..We propose that inhibiting Drp1 is a possible therapeutic approach for pesticide-induced toxicity when hyperactivated Drp1 contributes to pathology. ..
- Kim D, Kim Y. Magnolol protects against trimethyltin-induced neuronal damage and glial activation in vitro and in vivo. Neurotoxicology. 2016;53:173-185 pubmed publisher..Magnolol administration prevented TMT-induced hippocampal neurodegeneration and glial activation, possibly through the regulation of TMT-mediated ROS generation and MAPK activation. ..
- Oh B, Lee S, Cho H, Park Y, Kim J, Yoon S, et al. Cystatin SN inhibits auranofin-induced cell death by autophagic induction and ROS regulation via glutathione reductase activity in colorectal cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2682 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that high CST1 expression may be involved in autophagic induction and protects from AF-induced cell death by inhibition of ROS generation through the regulation of GR activity. ..
- Kim D, Cho Y, Lee K, Jeong S, Kwon O. Oleate protects macrophages from palmitate-induced apoptosis through the downregulation of CD36 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:477-482 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel mechanism by which oleate protects macrophages from palmitate-induced lipotoxicity. ..
- Shin S, Kim H, Jang H, Hwang Y, Choe J, Kim J, et al. ?-Oryzanol suppresses COX-2 expression by inhibiting reactive oxygen species-mediated Erk1/2 and Egr-1 signaling in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:486-492 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ?-oryzanol inhibits LPS-mediated COX-2 expression by suppressing Erk1/2-mediated Egr-1 expression. This study supports that ?-oryzanol may be useful for ameliorating LPS-mediated inflammatory responses. ..
- Choi H, Jang Y, Kim H, Hwang O. Tetrahydrobiopterin is released from and causes preferential death of catecholaminergic cells by oxidative stress. Mol Pharmacol. 2000;58:633-40 pubmed..This BH4-induced cytotoxicity may represent a mechanism by which selective degeneration of dopaminergic terminals and neurons occur. ..
- Heo H, Cho H, Hong B, Kim H, Kim E, Kim B, et al. Protective effect of 4',5-dihydroxy-3',6,7-trimethoxyflavone from Artemisia asiatica against Abeta-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cells. Amyloid. 2001;8:194-201 pubmed..Therefore, these results indicate that micromolecular Abeta-induced oxidative cell stress is reduced by 4,5-dihydroxy-3',6,7-trimethoxyflavone from Artemisia asiatica. ..
- Chu S, Lee Kang J, Lee K, Lee K. Roles of reactive oxygen species, NF-kappaB, and peroxiredoxins in glycochenodeoxycholic acid-induced rat hepatocytes death. Pharmacology. 2003;69:12-9 pubmed..And oxidative stress may be more related to necrotic cell death in GCDC-treated hepatocytes. ..
- Lee J, Jang Y, Kang H, Moon H, Sim S, Kim C. Anti-inflammatory action of phenolic compounds from Gastrodia elata root. Arch Pharm Res. 2006;29:849-58 pubmed
- Joung E, Li M, Lee H, Somparn N, Jung Y, Na H, et al. Capsaicin induces heme oxygenase-1 expression in HepG2 cells via activation of PI3K-Nrf2 signaling: NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase as a potential target. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2007;9:2087-98 pubmed..This, in turn, would trigger the activation of Akt via phosphorylation, increase the nuclear translocation and ARE binding of Nrf2, and upregulate the expression of HO-1. ..
- Gu J, Lim S, Oh S, Yoon S, Seong J, Jung G. HBx modulates iron regulatory protein 1-mediated iron metabolism via reactive oxygen species. Virus Res. 2008;133:167-77 pubmed publisher..2.15 cells that constitutively replicate the intact HBV genome. In conclusion, these results suggest that HBx modulates iron metabolism via ROS leading to pathological status in liver diseases...
- Kim S, Jeong H, Myung N, Kim M, Lee J, So H, et al. The protective mechanism of antioxidants in cadmium-induced ototoxicity in vitro and in vivo. Environ Health Perspect. 2008;116:854-62 pubmed publisher..Cd2+ is ototoxic with a complex underlying mechanism. However, ROS generation may be the cause of the toxicity, and application of antioxidants can prevent the toxic effect. ..
- Min H, Nam J, Yu E, Hong J, Seo E, Hwang E. Effect of naturally occurring hydroxychavicol acetate on the cytokine production in T helper cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:448-54 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that HCA may be beneficial as therapeutics for treating inflammatory immune disorders caused by extravagant activation of Th1-mediated immune responses...
- Noh H, Oh E, Seo J, Yu M, Kim Y, Ha H, et al. Histone deacetylase-2 is a key regulator of diabetes- and transforming growth factor-beta1-induced renal injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F729-39 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HDAC-2 plays an important role in the development of ECM accumulation and EMT in diabetic kidney and that ROS mediate TGF-beta1-induced activation of HDAC-2. ..
- Kim S, Naveen Kumar C, Kim H, Kim D, Cho J, Jin C, et al. Glucose-containing flavones--their synthesis and antioxidant and neuroprotective activities. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:6009-13 pubmed publisher..Among the compounds tested, 3b and 3c were the most potent (IC50 values=7.33 and 5.34 microM, respectively), exhibiting nearly equivalent actions to the parent compounds 1 and 2 (IC50=3.50 and 3.75 microM, respectively). ..
- Moon C, Lee Y, Park H, Chong Y, Kang J. N-acetylcysteine inhibits RhoA and promotes apoptotic cell clearance during intense lung inflammation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:374-87 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NAC can expedite the resolution of LPS-induced pulmonary inflammation through the inhibition of RhoA activity and the enhancement of apoptotic cell clearance. ..
- Lee S, Ahn J, Ko K, Kim J, Jeong S, Kim I, et al. Prostaglandin A2 activates intrinsic apoptotic pathway by direct interaction with mitochondria in HL-60 cells. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2010;91:30-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PGA(2) activates intrinsic apoptotic pathway by directly stimulating mitochondrial outer membrane permeabilization to release Cyt C, in which thiol-reactivity of PGA(2) plays a pivotal role. ..
- Hur S, Lee Y, Yoo H, Yang J, Kim T. Homoisoflavanone inhibits UVB-induced skin inflammation through reduced cyclooxygenase-2 expression and NF-kappaB nuclear localization. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;59:163-9 pubmed publisher..HIF has a strong protective effect against proinflammatory responses, implying the possibility of preventive application for inflammatory skin diseases. ..
- Ryu H, Ryu K. Quantification of oxidative stress in live mouse embryonic fibroblasts by monitoring the responses of polyubiquitin genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:470-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this simple assay may also be employed in the screening of potentially toxic reagents that induce the stress response pathways. ..
- Shin Y, Seo J, Chung T, Hyon J, Wee W. Effect of cysteamine on oxidative stress-induced cell death of human corneal endothelial cells. Curr Eye Res. 2011;36:910-7 pubmed publisher..The principal objective of this study was to evaluate the protective effect of cysteamine against the oxidative stress-induced cell death of human corneal endothelial cells...
- Lee S, Seo P, Lee H, Park C. A NAC transcription factor NTL4 promotes reactive oxygen species production during drought-induced leaf senescence in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2012;70:831-44 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that NTL4 acts as a molecular switch that couples ROS metabolism to drought-induced leaf senescence in Arabidopsis. ..
- Lee S, Kim S, Kim S, Lee I. Assessment of phytotoxicity of ZnO NPs on a medicinal plant, Fagopyrum esculentum. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013;20:848-54 pubmed publisher..The results are the first study to evaluate the phytotoxicity of ZnO NPs to medicinal plant. F. esculentum can be as a good indicator of plant species in NP-polluted environment. ..
- Ham M, Lee J, Choi A, Jang H, Choi G, Park J, et al. Macrophage glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase stimulates proinflammatory responses with oxidative stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2425-35 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that an abnormal increase of G6PD in macrophages promotes oxidative stress and inflammatory responses in the adipose tissue of obese animals. ..
- Kim S, Lee J, Park Y, Kang K, Lee J, Heo J. Hesperetin alleviates the inhibitory effects of high glucose on the osteoblastic differentiation of periodontal ligament stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67504 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that hesperetin alleviates the high glucose-mediated suppression of osteogenic differentiation in PDLSCs by regulating ROS levels and the PI3K/Akt and ?-catenin signaling pathways. ..
- Jalaludeen A, Ha W, Lee R, Kim J, Do J, Park C, et al. Biochanin A Ameliorates Arsenic-Induced Hepato- and Hematotoxicity in Rats. Molecules. 2016;21:69 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that administration of BCA (20 mg/kg·bw/day) attenuated the arsenic hepatotoxicity, a property that could contribute to the therapeutic approaches for chronic liver diseases. ..
- Park G, Sim Y, Lee W, Sung S, Oh M. Protection on Skin Aging Mediated by Antiapoptosis Effects of the Water Lily (Nymphaea Tetragona Georgi) via Reactive Oxygen Species Scavenging in Human Epidermal Keratinocytes. Pharmacology. 2016;97:282-93 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, no previous study has investigated about the aspect of protection on skin aging due to the mitochondria-mediated antiapoptosis effects of WL rhizome extract (WLRE) on human epidermal keratinocytes...
- Huang H, Kim H, Chang E, Lee Z, Hwang S, Kim H, et al. IL-17 stimulates the proliferation and differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells: implications for bone remodeling. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:1332-43 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we suggest that IL-17 can function as a signal to induce extensive bone turnover by regulating hMSC recruitment, proliferation, motility, and differentiation. ..
- Shin Y, Kim J, Seo J, Lee S, Hyon J, Yu Y, et al. Protective effect of clusterin on oxidative stress-induced cell death of human corneal endothelial cells. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2789-95 pubmed..Clusterin effectively protected HCECs from ROS-induced cell death. Our data suggest that clusterin may protect HCECs from oxidative injury-mediated cell death via inhibition of ROS production. ..
- Oh H, Jung H, Kim J, Bae Y. Phosphorylation of serine282 in NADPH oxidase activator 1 by Erk desensitizes EGF-induced ROS generation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:691-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that phosphorylation of NoxA1 is a part of the feedback mechanism that functions through activation of Rac with a net outcome of negative modulation of Nox1 activity. ..
- Kim E, Seo J, Kim C, Lee J, Lee K, Kim J. BLT2 promotes the invasion and metastasis of aggressive bladder cancer cells through a reactive oxygen species-linked pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;49:1072-81 pubmed publisher..Metastasis of 253J-BV cells in mice was also dramatically suppressed by inhibition of BLT2 or its signaling. These findings suggest that a BLT2-Nox-ROS-NF-kappaB cascade plays a critical role in bladder cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Hong M, Kim B, Ko Y, Lee Y, Hong S, Kim T, et al. Effects of 837 and 1950?MHz radiofrequency radiation exposure alone or combined on oxidative stress in MCF10A cells. Bioelectromagnetics. 2012;33:604-11 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that single or multiple RF radiation exposure did not elicit oxidative stress in MCF10A cells under our exposure conditions. ..
- Kim J, Lee J, Lee S, Kim N, You G, Moon J, et al. Celastrol suppresses breast cancer MCF-7 cell viability via the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK)-induced p53-polo like kinase 2 (PLK-2) pathway. Cell Signal. 2013;25:805-13 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that celastrol may have anti-tumor effects on MCF-7 cells via AMPK-induced p53 and PLK-2 pathways. ..
- Kim G, Lee J, Lee S, Chung Y, Cho H, Kim J, et al. Exposure of isoflurane-treated cells to hyperoxia decreases cell viability and activates the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Brain Res. 2016;1636:13-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, isoflurane affects cell viability in a dose- and time-dependent manner. This effect is augmented by hyperoxia and may involve ROS, the mitochondrial apoptotic signaling pathway, and Î²-amyloid protein. ..
- Kim J, Park J. ROS-dependent caspase-9 activation in hypoxic cell death. FEBS Lett. 2003;549:94-8 pubmed
- Joo J, Yoo H, Hwang I, Lee J, Nam K, Bae Y. Auxin-induced reactive oxygen species production requires the activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1243-8 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of PtdIns 3-kinase and its product PtdIns(3)P are required for auxin-induced production of ROS and root gravitropism. ..
- Song Y, Lee B, Hwang E. Dinstinct ROS and biochemical profiles in cells undergoing DNA damage-induced senescence and apoptosis. Mech Ageing Dev. 2005;126:580-90 pubmed..Therefore, senescence is associated with ROS accumulation, but apoptosis is caused independently of ROS. In addition, cells in these two states exhibited quite distinct time course profiles of the proteins, p53, p21WAF1, and E2F1. ..
- Lee J, Chang J, Yang W, Kim S, Park S, Park J, et al. Albumin-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and ER stress are regulated through a common ROS-c-Src kinase-mTOR pathway: effect of imatinib mesylate. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;300:F1214-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the ROS-c-Src kinase-mTOR pathway played a central role in the signaling pathway that linked albumin to EMT and ER stress. Imatinib might be beneficial in attenuating the albumin-induced tubular injury. ..
- Cha M, Jang J, Ham O, Song B, Lee S, Lee C, et al. MicroRNA-145 suppresses ROS-induced Ca2+ overload of cardiomyocytes by targeting CaMKII?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;435:720-6 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that miR-145 regulates reactive oxygen species (ROS)-induced Ca(2+) overload in cardiomyocytes. Thus, miR-145 affects ROS-mediated gene regulation and cellular injury responses. ..
- Im D, Shin H, Yang K, Jung S, Song H, Hwang H, et al. Cilastatin attenuates vancomycin-induced nephrotoxicity via P-glycoprotein. Toxicol Lett. 2017;277:9-17 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that mechanism of VIN might be involved, at least in part, in suppressing P-gp function, and cilastatin attenuated VIN. ..
- Hwang J, Lee Y, Lee D, Kwon K. DATS sensitizes glioma cells to TRAIL-mediated apoptosis by up-regulation of death receptor 5 via ROS. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;106:514-521 pubmed publisher..In addition, DATS enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis through the downregulation of anti-apoptotic protein (Mcl-1) and the upregulation of DR5 receptors through actions on the ROS- induced-p53. ..
- Shin G, Kim C, Lee J, Cho W, Lee S, Jeong M, et al. Apigenin-induced apoptosis is mediated by reactive oxygen species and activation of ERK1/2 in rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;182:29-36 pubmed publisher..These results showed that apigenin-induced ROS and oxidative stress-activated ERK1/2 caused apoptotic cell death in apigenin-treated RA-FLSs. ..
- Baek W, Lee H, Oh M, Koh M, Kim K, Choi S. Identification of the Vibrio vulnificus ahpCl gene and its influence on survival under oxidative stress and virulence. J Microbiol. 2009;47:624-32 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the combined results suggest that AhpCl and the capability of resistance to oxidative stresses contribute to the virulence of V. vulnificus by assuring growth and survival during infection. ..
- Lee J, Jung K, Morgan M, Kang Y, Lee H, Koo G, et al. Sensitization of TRAIL-induced cell death by 20(S)-ginsenoside Rg3 via CHOP-mediated DR5 upregulation in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:274-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study identifies Rg3 as a novel anticancer therapeutic agent and supports the further development of Rg3 as a chemosensitizer in combined therapy with TRAIL. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Song S, Kim J, Sung J. Reactive oxygen species-responsive miR-210 regulates proliferation and migration of adipose-derived stem cells via PTPN2. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e588 pubmed publisher..Transcription of miR-210 expression is regulated by NF-?B and Elk1, and miR-210 increases the proliferation and migration of ASCs via ISCU2 and PTPN2 downregulation. ..
- Noh H, Kim J, Han K, Lee G, Song J, Chung S, et al. Oxidative stress during peritoneal dialysis: implications in functional and structural changes in the membrane. Kidney Int. 2006;69:2022-8 pubmed..We suggest that antioxidants or Ang II receptor blockers may allow better preservation of the structural and functional integrity of the peritoneal membrane during long-term PD. ..
- Kim J, Cho H, Sir J, Kim B, Hur J, Youn S, et al. Sulfasalazine induces haem oxygenase-1 via ROS-dependent Nrf2 signalling, leading to control of neointimal hyperplasia. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;82:550-60 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that SSZ inhibits VSMC proliferation in vitro and in vivo through a novel signalling pathway and may be a promising therapeutic option for the treatment of proliferative vascular disease. ..
- Oh Y, Lee J, Lee J, Kim H, Yoon K, Choe W, et al. Oleic acid reduces lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of iNOS and COX-2 in BV2 murine microglial cells: possible involvement of reactive oxygen species, p38 MAPK, and IKK/NF-kappaB signaling pathways. Neurosci Lett. 2009;464:93-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that OA shows an anti-inflammatory effect by inhibiting ROS, p38 MAPK, and Akt/IKK/NF-kappaB signaling pathways in LPS-stimulated BV2 microglia. ..
- Yang Y, Kim J, Lee K, Choi J. Costunolide induces apoptosis in platinum-resistant human ovarian cancer cells by generating reactive oxygen species. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;123:588-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that costunolide, alone or in combination with cisplatin, may be of therapeutic potential in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. ..
- Woo C, You H, Cho S, Eom Y, Chun J, Yoo Y, et al. Leukotriene B(4) stimulates Rac-ERK cascade to generate reactive oxygen species that mediates chemotaxis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8572-8 pubmed
- Cho S, Rhim J, Son Y, Lee S, Park S. Suppression of ROS generation by 4,4-diaminodiphenylsulfone in non-phagocytic human diploid fibroblasts. Exp Mol Med. 2010;42:223-32 pubmed
- Cheong M, Na K, Kim H, Jeong S, Joo H, Chitwood D, et al. A potential biochemical mechanism underlying the influence of sterol deprivation stress on Caenorhabditis elegans longevity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7248-56 pubmed publisher..Moreover, expression of the stress-response transcription factor SKN-1 was decreased in amphid neurons by Aza and that of DAF-28 was increased when DAF-6 was involved, contributing to lifespan reduction. ..
- Oh Y, Kim E, Kim Y, Jin J, Jin B, Jahng G, et al. Neuroprotective effects of overexpressed cyclophilin B against A?-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:905-20 pubmed publisher..Consequently, these findings suggest that CypB may protect against A? toxicity by its antioxidant properties, by regulating MAPK and PI-3-K signaling, and through the ER stress pathway. ..
- Yoo K, Yoon C, Kwon D, Hyun K, Woo S, Kim R, et al. Titanium dioxide induces apoptotic cell death through reactive oxygen species-mediated Fas upregulation and Bax activation. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:1203-14 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the molecular mechanisms by which nanosized particles induce activation of cell death signaling pathways would be critical for the development of prevention strategies to minimize the cytotoxicity of nanomaterials. ..
- Cho I, Lee A, Lee S, Lee M, Kim S. Repression by oxidative stress of iNOS and cytokine gene induction in macrophages results from AP-1 and NF-kappaB inhibition mediated by B cell translocation gene-1 activation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:1523-36 pubmed
- Jung Y, Kim H, Min S, Rhee S, Jeong W. Dynein light chain LC8 negatively regulates NF-kappaB through the redox-dependent interaction with IkappaBalpha. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23863-71 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that LC8 binds IkappaBalpha in a redox-dependent manner and thereby prevents its phosphorylation by IKK. TRP14 contributes to this inhibitory activity by maintaining LC8 in a reduced state. ..
- Kim B, Choi Y, Han Y, Yun Y, Hong S. N,N-dimethyl phytosphingosine induces caspase-8-dependent cytochrome c release and apoptosis through ROS generation in human leukemia cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;239:87-97 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that ROS are critical regulators of caspase-8-mediated apoptosis in DMPS-treated leukemia cells. ..