Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications721 found, 100 shown here
- Chung H, Seo S, Moon M, Park S. IGF-I inhibition of apoptosis is associated with decreased expression of prostate apoptosis response-4. J Endocrinol. 2007;194:77-85 pubmed..These findings indicate that in PC12 cells exposed to OGD insult, IGF-I protects cells from apoptosis, at least in part through the inhibition of Par-4 expression. ..
- Lee H, Lee Y, Kang C, Bae S, Jeoung D, Jang J, et al. Differential gene signatures in rat mammary tumors induced by DMBA and those induced by fractionated gamma radiation. Radiat Res. 2008;170:579-90 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate different gene alterations in carcinogen- or radiation-induced mammary tumors with similar pathological stages. ..
- Park S, Nam K, Lee H, Cho E, Koo U, Mar W. Neuroprotective effects of an alkaloid-free ethyl acetate extract from the root of Sophora flavescens Ait. against focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Phytomedicine. 2009;16:1042-51 pubmed publisher..9% (p<0.01). These results indicate that ESF is neuroprotective in focal cerebral ischemia and the flavonoids in ESF might be responsible for its neuroprotective activity in rats, alone or in part...
- Park H, Cui F, Roh J, Jung Y, Kim S, Kim Y, et al. Effects of electroconvulsive shock on the phosphorylation of DARPP-32 in rat striatum. Psychiatry Res. 2009;170:91-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that ECS increases Thr34 phosphorylation of DARPP-32, and thus inhibits the activity of PP1. ..
- Kang K, Shin E, Hur J, Hasan M, Lee H, Park H, et al. Acupuncture attenuates neuronal cell death in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of focal ischemia. Neurol Res. 2010;32 Suppl 1:84-7 pubmed publisher..1 +/- 4.5% in the motor cortex, compared with the contralateral side (100%). This study showed that acupuncture had neuroprotective effects against focal ischemia in the middle cerebral artery occlusion model. ..
- Lee J, Choi S, Lee Y, Lee H, Kim K, Ahn K, et al. Herbal compound farnesiferol C exerts antiangiogenic and antitumor activity and targets multiple aspects of VEGFR1 (Flt1) or VEGFR2 (Flk1) signaling cascades. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:389-99 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the multitargeting actions of FC, particularly VEGFR1 inhibition, may make it a novel drug candidate to complement current VEGF/VEGFR2-targeting antiangiogenic modalities for cancer. ..
- Park J, Han J, Kim S, Park J, Go D, Sun B, et al. Spinal GABA receptors mediate the suppressive effect of electroacupuncture on cold allodynia in rats. Brain Res. 2010;1322:24-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that spinal GABA(A) and GABA(B) receptors mediate the suppressive effect of low frequency EA on cold allodynia in the tail neuropathic rats. ..
- Lee J, Heo J, Park S, Kim J, Kho Y, Kang H, et al. Calorie restriction (CR) reduces age-dependent decline of non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) activity in rat tissues. Exp Gerontol. 2011;46:891-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, CR appeared to reduce age-dependent decline of XRCC4 protein level. These results suggest that CR could reduce age-dependent decline of NHEJ activity in various tissues of rats possibly through up-regulation of XRCC4. ..
- Roh M, Cui F, Kim H, Kang U. Regulation of NMDA receptor subunits after acute ethanol treatment in rat brain. Alcohol Alcohol. 2011;46:672-9 pubmed publisher..These effects of ethanol on the NMDAR subunits may underlie the mechanisms that compensate for ethanol-induced inhibition of NMDARs. However, the regulation of NR2A and NR2B in this paradigm is not dependent on transcriptional changes. ..
- Mo J, Lee D, Hong S, Han S, Yeo H, Sun W, et al. Preso regulation of dendritic outgrowth through PI(4,5)P2-dependent PDZ interaction with ?Pix. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:1960-70 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PIP(2) is a key signalling molecule that regulates dendritic outgrowth through activation of small GTPase signalling via interaction between Preso and ?Pix. ..
- Kim Y, Paik E, Lee M, Kim K, Chai K, Ahn Y. A study on the regulation of translocation of glucose transporters during hepatocarcinogenesis induced by 3'-Me DAB. Yonsei Med J. 1990;31:315-24 pubmed..These results indicate that increased glucose transport seems to be more likely due to reciprocal redistribution of GTs between plasma membrane and LDM fractions...
- Bae S, Lee J, Fitzky B, Seong J, Paik Y. Cholesterol biosynthesis from lanosterol. Molecular cloning, tissue distribution, expression, chromosomal localization, and regulation of rat 7-dehydrocholesterol reductase, a Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome-related protein. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14624-31 pubmed..However, the level of hepatic DHCR mRNA fell only slightly, suggesting that AY-9944 may act more rapidly at the protein level than at the level of transcription of the DHCR gene under these conditions. ..
- Jung S, Lee Y, Lim S, Lee S, Shin K, Kim Y. Antioxidant activities of isoflavones from the rhizomes of Belamcanda chinensis on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury in rats. Arch Pharm Res. 2004;27:184-8 pubmed..These results suggested that tectorigenin and tectoridin isolated from the rhizomes of B. chinensis possess not only the antioxidative, but also the hepatoprotective activities in CCl4-intoxicated rats. ..
- Ryu D, Lee S, Park D, Choi B, Klaassen C, Park J. Dietary iron regulates intestinal cadmium absorption through iron transporters in rats. Toxicol Lett. 2004;152:19-25 pubmed..The correlation between duodenal DMT1 and MTP1 expression and Cd body burden in rats suggests an important role of DMT1 and MTP1 in Cd absorption...
- Lee K, Pisarska M, Ko J, Kang Y, Yoon S, Ryou S, et al. Transcriptional factor FOXL2 interacts with DP103 and induces apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;336:876-81 pubmed..Our results present previously undiscovered functions of these proteins, an apoptotic activity of FOXL2 in the ovary and a modulating activity of DP103 by interacting with FOXL2. ..
- Ko J, Park C, Koh H, Cho Y, Kyhm J, Kim Y, et al. Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural precursors as a continuous, stable, and on-demand source for human dopamine neurons. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1417-29 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that hES-NP cell expansion is exploitable for a large-scale generation of experimental and transplantable DA neurons of human-origin. ..
- Jo A, Park C, Aizawa S, Lee S. Contrasting and brain region-specific roles of neurogenin2 and mash1 in GABAergic neuron differentiation in vitro. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:4066-81 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrated that Otx2, the expression of which is developmentally confined to the regions anterior to the isthmus, is a factor responsible for the anterior-posterior region-dependent opposite effects of the bHLH proteins. ..
- Baek M, Seok S, Lee H, Kim D, Lee B, Ahn Y, et al. Protective and therapeutic effects of an extract mixture of alder tree, labiate herb, milk thistle green bean-rice bran fermentation, and turnip against ethanol-induced toxicity in the rat. J Vet Sci. 2008;9:31-7 pubmed..When compared to the positive control, further treatment with both the herbal extract and yogurt significantly reduced liver injury and resulted in a lower grade of lipid deposition. ..
- Cho K, Jang H, Lee E, Yoon S, Hahn S, Jo Y, et al. Differential cholinergic modulation of Ca2+ transients evoked by backpropagating action potentials in apical and basal dendrites of cortical pyramidal neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2008;99:2833-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cholinergic stimulation differentially increases the bAP-evoked increase in [Ca2+]i in apical and basal dendrites, which may modulate synaptic activities in a location-dependent manner. ..
- Jeong Y, Holden J. Lateral hypothalamic-induced alpha-adrenoceptor modulation occurs in a model of inflammatory pain in rats. Biol Res Nurs. 2009;10:331-9 pubmed publisher..05). These findings support the hypothesis that the LH-induced nociceptive modulation is mediated through an alpha-adrenoceptor opposing response in a model of inflammatory pain...
- Min S, Kim N, Baek N, Kim D. Inhibitory effect of eupatilin and jaceosidin isolated from Artemisia princeps on carrageenan-induced inflammation in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;125:497-500 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that eupatilin and jaceosidin may reduce inflammation by inhibiting NF-kappaB activation, and that Artemisia princeps inhibits inflammation because of these constituents. ..
- Um H, Jang J, Kim D, Lee C, Surh Y. Nitric oxide activates Nrf2 through S-nitrosylation of Keap1 in PC12 cells. Nitric Oxide. 2011;25:161-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NO can activate Nrf2 by S-nitrosylation of Keap1 and alternatively by PKC-catalyzed phosphorylation of Nrf2 in PC12 cells. ..
- Cho K, Kim J, Park H, Park C. Glial cell response and iNOS expression in the optic nerve head and retina of the rat following acute high IOP ischemia-reperfusion. Brain Res. 2011;1403:67-77 pubmed publisher..Activation of glial cells and the up-regulation of iNOS may contribute to the damage of the retina and optic nerve head of the rat following acute high IOP ischemia-reperfusion. ..
- Cho Y, Song H, Bhang S, Lee S, Kang B, Lee J, et al. Therapeutic effects of human adipose stem cell-conditioned medium on stroke. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:1794-802 pubmed publisher..Increased endothelial cell proliferation, reduced neural cell apoptosis, and milder astrogliosis may play important roles in the treatment effects of CM. ..
- Yoo M, Yoon Y, Chung H, Cho K, Koh J. Insulin increases retinal hemorrhage in mild oxygen-induced retinopathy in the rat: inhibition by riluzole. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:5671-6 pubmed..It may be useful as an anti-VEGF treatment in DR, especially in reducing the retinal hemorrhage that often occurs shortly after the switch from oral hypoglycemics to parenteral insulin. ..
- Yun H, Baik J, Kang I, Jin C, Rhim H. Physical interaction of Jab1 with human serotonin 6 G-protein-coupled receptor and their possible roles in cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10016-29 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Jab1 provides a novel signal transduction pathway for 5-HT(6)R and may play an important role in 5-HT(6)R-mediated behavior changes in the brain. ..
- Kim H, Lee S. Molecular cloning of clathrin assembly protein gene (rCALM) and its differential expression to AP180 in rat brain. Exp Mol Med. 1999;31:191-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the rCALM mediates the assembly of clathrin in neural and supporting cells of brain, and regulates the clathrin coated-vesicle formation through phosphorylation and inositide metabolism. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Kwon O, Sohn K, Kwack S, Choi Y, et al. Effects of dibutyl phthalate and monobutyl phthalate on cytotoxicity and differentiation in cultured rat embryonic limb bud cells; protection by antioxidants. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2002;65:461-72 pubmed..Results indicate that DBP and MBuP induced developmental toxicity in rat embryonic limb bud cells and suggest that this effect of DBP might be exerted through oxidative stress. ..
- Choung P, Seo B, Chung C, Yamada K, Jang J. Synergistic activity of fibronectin and fibroblast growth factor receptors on neuronal adhesion and neurite extension through extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:898-902 pubmed
- Roh J, Cho E, Seong I, Limb J, Lee S, Han S, et al. Down-regulation of Sox10 with specific small interfering RNA promotes transdifferentiation of Schwannoma cells into myofibroblasts. Differentiation. 2006;74:542-51 pubmed..These results suggest that generating desired cell types based on "knock-down" of critical genes may be a viable strategy. ..
- Lee N, Park J, Park E, Paik H. Adherence and anticarcinogenic effects of Bacillus polyfermenticus SCD in the large intestine. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2007;44:274-8 pubmed..polyfermenticus SCD will be valuable in the evaluation of this commercial probiotic. Also, B. polyfermenticus SCD can be useful for the inhibition of colon cancer cells as an ingredient of medicinal foods or new drugs. ..
- Kim J, Yoo J, Park E, Hong S, Seo S, Hwang T. Muscarinic and purinergic receptor expression in the urothelium of rats with detrusor overactivity induced by bladder outlet obstruction. BJU Int. 2008;101:371-5 pubmed..Our results suggest that changes in urothelium receptor expression could have a role in mediating the afferent sensory responses in the urinary bladder. ..
- Hwang I, Li H, Yoo K, Choi J, Lee C, Chung D, et al. Comparison of glutamic acid decarboxylase 67 immunoreactive neurons in the hippocampal CA1 region at various age stages in dogs. Neurosci Lett. 2008;431:251-5 pubmed publisher..The reduction of GAD67 immunoreactive neurons in the hippocampal CA1 region may be closely related to highly susceptibility to memory loss in old aged dogs. ..
- Lee B, Han S, Shim I. Acupuncture attenuates cocaine-induced expression of behavioral sensitization in rats: possible involvement of the dopaminergic system in the ventral tegmental area. Neurosci Lett. 2009;449:128-32 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that acupuncture may be effective for inhibiting the behavioral effects of cocaine by possible modulation of the central dopaminergic system. ..
- Han S, Choi B, Lee D, Kee S, Kim H, Sun W, et al. Regulation of AHI1 expression in adult rat brain: Implication in hypothalamic feeding control. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:535-40 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that AHI1 expression can be regulated through diet and suggest the novel role of AHI1 in feeding behavior. ..
- Kim H, Kim K, Li H, Chung G, Park C, Kim J, et al. Selectively targeting pain in the trigeminal system. Pain. 2010;150:29-40 pubmed publisher..These data show that selective block of pain signals can be achieved by co-application of QX-314 with TRPV1 agonists. This approach has potential utility in the trigeminal system for treating dental and facial pain. ..
- Park S, Shin H, Lee K, Lee M, Jang J. Differential expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in thioacetamide-induced chronic liver injury. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:570-6 pubmed publisher..TAA treatment increased transcription of both MMPs and TIMPs, but only TIMPs showed increased translation. The dominant expression of TIMPs may regulate the function of MMPs to maintain liver fibrosis induced by TAA...
- Baik S, Kim J, Cho H, Park S, Kim Y, Suh H. Development and analysis of a collagen-based hemostatic adhesive. J Surg Res. 2010;164:e221-8 pubmed publisher..Bleestop A and B showed significant hemostasis and adhesion capability within 1 min. They are comparable to the positive control group. ..
- Park S, Yoo H, Earm Y, Kim S, Kim J, Kim S. Role of arachidonic acid-derived metabolites in the control of pulmonary arterial pressure and hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction in rats. Br J Anaesth. 2011;106:31-7 pubmed publisher..The indispensable role of TXA?-induced pretone in the HPV of isolated pulmonary arteries indicates that the signal from thromboxane receptors might be a critical component of oxygen sensation mechanisms. ..
- Kim J, Choi K, Yun J, Jung U, Kim C, Choi S, et al. Bone formation of block and particulated biphasic calcium phosphate lyophilized with Escherichia coli-derived recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein 2 in rat calvarial defects. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011;112:298-306 pubmed publisher
- Song E, Yoo Y. Nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth is potentiated by stabilization of TrkA receptors. BMB Rep. 2011;44:182-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the ubiquitin-proteasome system potentiated neurite formation by regulating the stability of TrkA receptors. ..
- Ahn H, dela Peña I, Kim Y, Cheong J. 4-Chloro-7-trifluoromethyl-10H- benzo[4,5]furo[3,2-b]indole-1-carboxylic acid (TBIC), a putative BK(Ca) channel opener with uterine relaxant activities. Pharmacology. 2011;87:331-40 pubmed publisher..We have provided evidence for the potential use of TBIC as a tocolytic agent and support for the utility of BK(Ca) channel openers in pathophysiologic conditions involving smooth muscle hyperactivity. ..
- Choi Y, Kim K, Kim K, Choi J, Shin H, Kang D, et al. Possible roles of LysR-type transcriptional regulator (LTTR) homolog as a global regulator in Cronobacter sakazakii ATCC 29544. Int J Med Microbiol. 2012;302:270-5 pubmed publisher..sakazakii. This is the first report of a functional global regulator in C. sakazakii. ..
- Park H, Kim Y, Koh H, Park C, Kang S, Choi J, et al. Analgesic effects of dexmedetomidine in vincristine-evoked painful neuropathic rats. J Korean Med Sci. 2012;27:1411-7 pubmed publisher..5 g at saline, 12.5, 25, 50, and 100 µg/kg dexmedetomidine injection, respectively. Dexmedetomidine shows a dose-dependent antiallodynic effect on mechanical and cold stimuli in vincristine-evoked neuropathic rat models (P < 0.05). ..
- Jung J, Shin K, Lee Y, Shin J, Park E, Jeong J, et al. Anti-inflammatory mechanism of exogenous C2 ceramide in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated microglia. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:1016-26 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data collectively suggests the therapeutic potential of short chain ceramides such as C2 for neuroinflammatory disorders such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. ..
- Jin C, Jang J, Kim H, Wang Y, Hwang I, Sadayappan S, et al. Myofilament Ca2+ desensitization mediates positive lusitropic effect of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in left ventricular myocytes from murine hypertensive heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;60:107-15 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that NOS1 is up-regulated in LV myocytes from HP and exerts positive lusitropic effect by modulating myofilament Ca(2+) sensitivity through phosphorylation of key regulators in sarcomere...
- Lee J, Ryu M, Baek H, Lee K, Seo J, Lee H, et al. Effects of porous beta-tricalcium phosphate-based ceramics used as an E. coli-derived rhBMP-2 carrier for bone regeneration. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2013;24:2117-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, in this study it was proposed that TCP-based ceramics might be useful carriers of rhBMP-2. ..
- Kim D, Kim M, Lee J, Im J, Won Y, Yoon S, et al. Concomitant distribution shift of glial GABA transporter and S100 calcium-binding proteins in the rat retina after kainate-induced excitotoxic injury. Neurosci Lett. 2003;353:17-20 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that kainate-mediated excitotoxicity induced concomitant distribution shift of glial GABA transporter, S100 proteins and GFAP in the distal processes and endfeet of glial cells during the first 48 h. ..
- Kim B, Park H, Kang S, Choi K, Ha S, Han D, et al. Impact of cyclosporin on podocyte ZO-1 expression in puromycin aminonucleoside nephrosis rats. Yonsei Med J. 2005;46:141-8 pubmed..Further investigations are needed to clarify the role of slit diaphragm associated proteins in the development of PAN nephrosis...
- Jin M, Jung H, Choi J, Jeon H, Oh J, Kim B, et al. Activation of selective transcription factors and cytokines by water-soluble extract from Lentinus lepideus. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003;228:749-58 pubmed..PG101 demonstrates great potential as a therapeutic immune modulator...
- Cho I, Kim S. Oltipraz inhibits 3-methylcholanthrene induction of CYP1A1 by CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44103-12 pubmed..These results provide evidence that oltipraz suppresses 3-MC induction of CYP1A1 gene expression and that activation of C/EBPbeta by oltipraz contributes to suppression of 3-MC-inducible AhR-mediated CYP1A1 expression. ..
- Seo Y, Lee J, Lee E, Lee H, Kim H, Kim Y. Role of glutathione in the adaptive tolerance to H2O2. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004;37:1272-81 pubmed
- Kim T, Chae S, Kim H, Jung H. Effect of recombinant vascular endothelial growth factor on experimental otitis media with effusion. Acta Otolaryngol. 2005;125:256-9 pubmed..Rats injected with 1.0 microg of rVEGF showed a significant increase in middle ear vascular permeability in comparison with the control group (p < 0.05). ..
- Li M, Jang J, Surh Y. Nitric oxide induces apoptosis via AP-1-driven upregulation of COX-2 in rat pheochromocytoma cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:890-9 pubmed..These results suggest that excessive NO production during inflammation induces apoptosis in PC12 cells through AP-1-mediated upregulation of COX-2 expression. ..
- Byun Y, Lee M, Kim S, Kim H, Chang H, Lee T, et al. Treadmill running promotes functional recovery and decreases brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA expression following sciatic crushed nerve injury in rats. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2005;45:222-8 pubmed..It can be suggested that treadmill running after peripheral nerve injury is effective in the functional recovery by inhibition on the over-expression of BDNF mRNA. ..
- Lee J, Jang Y, Kang H, Moon H, Sim S, Kim C. Anti-inflammatory action of phenolic compounds from Gastrodia elata root. Arch Pharm Res. 2006;29:849-58 pubmed
- Maeng H, Kim M, Jin H, Shin S, Tsuruo T, Kim S, et al. Functional induction of P-glycoprotein in the blood-brain barrier of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats: evidence for the involvement of nuclear factor-kappaB, a nitrosative stress-sensitive transcription factor, in the regulation. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1996-2005 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest that nitrosative stress leads to the up-regulation of the message for the efflux transporter and, ultimately, to the enhanced function, probably via a NF-kappaB-dependent mechanism...
- Choi D, Kim E, Son H, Joh T, Kim Y, Kim D, et al. A novel intracellular role of matrix metalloproteinase-3 during apoptosis of dopaminergic cells. J Neurochem. 2008;106:405-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, actMMP-3 seems to have a novel intracellular role in apoptotic DArgic cells and this finding provides an insight into the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Yoon S, Choi J, Choi J, Kim D. Dynein cleavage and microtubule accumulation in okadaic acid-treated neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2008;437:111-5 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that calpain-mediated dynein cleavage in OA-treated neurons is responsible for the MT transport deficit, and consequently, neurite retraction. ..
- Lee J, Park H, Chung H, Choi S, Kim Y, Yoo H, et al. Syndecan-2 regulates the migratory potential of melanoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27167-75 pubmed publisher..Together, these data strongly suggest that syndecan-2 plays a crucial role in the migratory potential of melanoma cells. ..
- Park H, Kim S, Kwon D, Park J, Kim Y. Protective effect of quercetin against paraquat-induced lung injury in rats. Life Sci. 2010;87:181-6 pubmed publisher..The present results demonstrate that quercetin administration to rats effectively inhibits the development of PQ-induced pulmonary injury most probably via its antioxidant activity. ..
- Lee K, Maeng H, Chae J, Chong S, Kim D, Shim C, et al. Lack of a primary physicochemical determinant in the direct transport of drugs to the brain after nasal administration in rats: potential involvement of transporters in the pathway. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2010;25:430-41 pubmed..Therefore, these observations indicate that carrier-mediated transport may play a role in the brain delivery of drugs from the nose via the direct transport pathway. ..
- Park J, Jung J, Jeong Y, Hyun J, Le T, Kim D, et al. Antioxidant mechanism of isoflavone metabolites in hydrogen peroxide-stimulated rat primary astrocytes: critical role of hemeoxygenase-1 and NQO1 expression. J Neurochem. 2011;119:909-19 pubmed publisher..Our data collectively suggest that HO-1 and NQO1 play a critical role in antioxidant effects of isoflavone metabolites in rat brain astrocytes. ..
- Jung M, Lee S, Hwang Y, Jung H, Hwang J, Kim M, et al. MRI of transplanted surface-labeled pancreatic islets with heparinized superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles. Biomaterials. 2011;32:9391-400 pubmed publisher..Thus, we anticipate that this surface labeling with heparin-SPIO can be directly applicable for MR imaging of transplanted islets. ..
- Park H, Yi H, Kim S, Yu H, Ahn Y, Lee Y, et al. The effect of cyclosporine A on the phosphorylation of the AMPK pathway in the rat hippocampus. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2011;35:1933-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that CsA activates the AMPK pathway in the rat hippocampus, which suggests that CsA affects the regulatory signaling pathway of lipid metabolism in the rat brain. ..
- Lee S, Kim S, Nahm M, Kim E, Kim T, Yoon J, et al. The phosphoinositide phosphatase Sac1 is required for midline axon guidance. Mol Cells. 2011;32:477-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that Sac1-mediated regulation of PIs is critical for Slit/Robo-dependent axon repulsion at the CNS midline. ..
- Hong I, Kim J, Song B, Park K, Shin K, Eom K, et al. Fear conditioning occludes late-phase long-term potentiation at thalamic input synapses onto the lateral amygdala in rat brain slices. Neurosci Lett. 2012;506:121-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that fear conditioning recruits L-LTP-like mechanisms that are reversible and saturable at T-LA synapses. ..
- Choi Y, Kim M, Hwang J. Inhibitory effects of panduratin A on allergy-related mediator production in rat basophilic leukemia mast cells. Inflammation. 2012;35:1904-15 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that panduratin A might be useful as an agent against immediate-type hypersensitivity. ..
- Ok J, Kim Y, Ha K. Neuroprotective effects of hypothermia after spinal cord injury in rats: comparative study between epidural hypothermia and systemic hypothermia. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:E1551-9 pubmed publisher..This study presented that both systemic and epidural hypothermia demonstrated neuroprotective effects after SCI. Systemic hypothermia showed more neuroprotective effect by antiapoptotic and anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- Choi Y, Jun I, Kim S, Park J. Intrathecal lamotrigine attenuates mechanical allodynia and suppresses microglial and astrocytic activation in a rat model of spinal nerve ligation. Yonsei Med J. 2013;54:321-9 pubmed publisher..Continuous intrathecal administration of lamotrigine may be a promising therapeutic intervention to prevent neuropathy. ..
- Heo H, Cho H, Hong B, Kim H, Kim E, Kim B, et al. Protective effect of 4',5-dihydroxy-3',6,7-trimethoxyflavone from Artemisia asiatica against Abeta-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cells. Amyloid. 2001;8:194-201 pubmed..Therefore, these results indicate that micromolecular Abeta-induced oxidative cell stress is reduced by 4,5-dihydroxy-3',6,7-trimethoxyflavone from Artemisia asiatica. ..
- Chang M, Yoo H, Rho H. Transcriptional regulation and environmental induction of gene encoding copper- and zinc-containing superoxide dismutase. Methods Enzymol. 2002;349:293-305 pubmed
- Choi J, Kim S, Cha J, Choi Y, Sung K, Oh S, et al. Upregulation of gp130 and STAT3 activation in the rat hippocampus following transient forebrain ischemia. Glia. 2003;41:237-46 pubmed
- Lee Y, Chang D, Lee Y, Chang K, Kim H, Yoon J, et al. Beta-amyloid peptide binding protein does not couple to G protein in a heterologous Xenopus expression system. J Neurosci Res. 2003;73:255-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that BBP is not directly coupled to G alpha(i/o), G alpha(s), or G alpha(q) proteins and that BBP may need a component other than APP to exert its toxic effect in concert with A beta. ..
- Lee Y, Koo Y, Cho C, Seo M, Kang U, Kim Y, et al. Repeated electroconvulsive shock treatment increases the expression of A kinase anchoring proteins in the rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2004;355:213-6 pubmed..Thus, repeated ECS treatment is suggested to increase the reactivity of glutamatergic synapses by increasing the expressions of the AKAPs, which can recruit protein kinase A to glutamate receptors. ..
- Kim J, Min B, Na H, Park D. Relieving effects of electroacupuncture on mechanical allodynia in neuropathic pain model of inferior caudal trunk injury in rat: mediation by spinal opioid receptors. Brain Res. 2004;998:230-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the mu and delta, but not kappa, opioid receptors in the spinal cord of the rat, play important roles in mediating relieving effects on mechanical allodynia induced by 2 Hz EA. ..
- Choi J, Yoon T, Kang K, Lee K, Lee K, Kim W, et al. Glycoprotein isolated from Acanthopanax senticosus protects against hepatotoxicity induced by acute and chronic alcohol treatment. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:306-14 pubmed..Collectively, GF-AS may alleviate alcohol-induced hepatotoxicity through increasing ethanol and lipid metabolism, as well as antioxidant defense systems in livers injured by acute- and chronic-alcohol treatment. ..
- Choi J, Choi J, Kang C, Chen X, Wu C, Ko K, et al. Hydrogen peroxide induces the death of astrocytes through the down-regulation of the constitutive nuclear factor-kappaB activity. Free Radic Res. 2007;41:555-62 pubmed..These results indicate that the constitutive activity of NF-kappaB in astrocytes is required for their survival under oxidative stress such as H(2)O(2). ..
- Park B, Lee H, Jung S, Hong C, Won H, Park H, et al. A 90 day repeated oral toxicity study on plantamajoside concentrate from Plantago asiatica. Phytother Res. 2007;21:1118-23 pubmed..Therefore, the results suggested that no observed adverse effect level (NOAEL) of the PC in rats after oral administration is considered to be greater than 2000 mg/kg in rats under the conditions employed in this study. ..
- Kim S, Bae H, Lee G, Jeong H, Woo H, Han J, et al. The endogenous CCK mediation of electroacupuncture stimulation-induced satiety in rats. Peptides. 2008;29:564-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ST36 EA stimulation elicits satiety in rats and this is mediated by the endogenous CCK signaling pathway. ..
- Kim S, Jin Y, Kim J, Shin J, Worley P, Linden D. Transient upregulation of postsynaptic IP3-gated Ca release underlies short-term potentiation of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 signaling in cerebellar Purkinje cells. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4350-5 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that transient upregulation of postsynaptic IP(3)-gated Ca signaling constitutes a novel form of short-term synaptic plasticity. ..
- Hong S, Yoo J, Hong J, Lee B, Soh K, Lee S, et al. Immunohistochemical and electron microscopic study of the meridian-like system on the surface of internal organs of rats. Acupunct Electrother Res. 2007;32:195-210 pubmed..In conclusion, the meridian-like tissues are ducts with microchannels, which implies the circulatory function of the acupuncture meridian network. ..
- Han J, Choi B, Yang C, Kim Y. Aldosterone-induced TGF-beta1 expression is regulated by mitogen-activated protein kinases and activator protein-1 in mesangial cells. J Korean Med Sci. 2009;24 Suppl:S195-203 pubmed publisher..We conclude that aldosterone-induced TGF-beta(1) expression in mesangial cells is regulated by the ERK1/2, JNK and AP-1 intracellular signaling pathways. ..
- Kwak J, Lee S, Lee G, Kim M, Ahn Y, Lee J, et al. Selective inhibition of MDR1 (ABCB1) by HM30181 increases oral bioavailability and therapeutic efficacy of paclitaxel. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;627:92-8 pubmed publisher..These results identify HM30181 as a highly selective and potent inhibitor of MDR1, which in combination with paclitaxel, may provide an orally effective anti-tumor regimen. ..
- Hwang G, Yang J, Ryu D, Kwon T. Metabolic profiling of kidney and urine in rats with lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus by (1)H-NMR-based metabonomics. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F461-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, metabonomics of kidney tissue and urine based on (1)H-NMR spectroscopy could provide insight into the effects of Li-induced renal effects and cell injury. ..
- Kim H, Robinson S, Csaky K. FcRn receptor-mediated pharmacokinetics of therapeutic IgG in the eye. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2803-12 pubmed..FcRn plays an important role in eliminating intravitreally administered full-length IgGs across the blood-retina barrier into the systemic blood system. ..
- Lee J, Ko E, Kim Y, Min J, Liu J, Kim Y, et al. Gene expression profile analysis of genes in rat hippocampus from antidepressant treated rats using DNA microarray. BMC Neurosci. 2010;11:152 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that antidepressants function by regulating neurotransmission as well as suppressing immunoreactivity in the central nervous system. ..