Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rabbits in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- Kim J, Chung S. The effect of topical infliximab on corneal neovascularization in rabbits. Cornea. 2013;32:185-90 pubmed publisher..The application of infliximab is expected to effectively inhibit corneal neovascularization. Further clinical studies are necessary. ..
- Lee J, Cho L, Um H, Chang B, Cho K. Bone formation and remodeling of three different dental implant surfaces with Escherichia coli-derived recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein 2 in a rabbit model. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2013;28:424-30 pubmed publisher..Within the limits of study, it was found that the absorbed ErhBMP-2 dose varied with implant surface characteristics, influencing local bone formation and remodeling. ..
- Jeong Y, Won J, Yim J. Cloning and structure of a rabbit protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (PIN) gene and its pseudogene. Gene. 1998;214:67-75 pubmed..Sequence analysis indicates that the open reading frame was interrupted by a premature stop codon and frameshift which resulted in a processed pseudogene of the rabbit PIN. ..
- Li S, Chung B, Choi M, Hong S. Organ-specific antigens of Clonorchis sinensis. Korean J Parasitol. 2004;42:169-74 pubmed..The present results show that the 7-kDa protein is a common antigen of every part or organ of C. sinensis, but different organs express their specific antigenic protein bands. ..
- Kim S, Kim J, Choi J, Joo C. Comparison of posterior capsule opacification in rabbits receiving either mitomycin-C or distilled water for sealed-capsule irrigation during cataract surgery. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;35:755-8 pubmed..05). The MMC and DW groups did not show significant toxicity compared with the BSS group. MMC is more effective in reducing PCO than DW; the SCI device can protect the surrounding ocular tissue from MMC toxicity in rabbit eyes. ..
- Lee J, Hwang I, Yoo K, Kim D, Kim W, Won M. Degradation of spectrin via calpains in the ventral horn after transient spinal cord ischemia in rabbits. Neurochem Res. 2006;31:989-98 pubmed..In conclusion, our observations in this study indicate that calpain is associated with neuronal degeneration in the ventral horn at early time after transient spinal cord ischemia via the proteolysis of spectrin alphaII. ..
- Kim J, Park K, Ryu J, Lee J, Lee M, Cho H, et al. Intravascular optical imaging of high-risk plaques in vivo by targeting macrophage mannose receptors. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22608 pubmed publisher..This novel imaging approach represents a potential imaging strategy enabling the identification of high-risk plaques in vivo and holds promise for future clinical implications. ..
- Lee B, Yoo J, Ogay V, Kim K, Dobberstein H, Soh K, et al. Electron microscopic study of novel threadlike structures on the surfaces of mammalian organs. Microsc Res Tech. 2007;70:34-43 pubmed..These SEM images were obtained for the first time to reveal the detailed structure of the NTSs that were only recently discovered. ..
- Chang I, Lee M, Kim Y, Choi S, Kim H, Choi Y, et al. Comparison between transauricular and transfemoral arterial access for hepatic artery angiography in a rabbit model. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2011;22:1181-7 pubmed publisher..The major advantages of transauricular arterial access versus transfemoral arterial access include a procedure time reduced by the omission of shaving and surgical cutdown. ..
- Jung M, Shim I, Chung H, Lee H, Park Y, Lee M, et al. Local BMP-7 release from a PLGA scaffolding-matrix for the repair of osteochondral defects in rabbits. J Control Release. 2012;162:485-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that a strategy employing the combined functions of local BMP-7 release and the cell scaffolding of a PLGA matrix might be a potential modality for osteochondral repair. ..
- Seong J, Jun Y, Kim B, Park Y, Sohn Y. Synthesis and characterization of biocompatible poly(organophosphazenes) aiming for local delivery of protein drugs. Int J Pharm. 2006;314:90-6 pubmed..The entrapped hGH has shown to be controlled releasing for 3-4 days...
- Kim Y, Park K, Kang W. Effect of fluvastatin, lovastatin, nifedipine and verapamil on the systemic exposure of nateglinide in rabbits. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2010;31:443-9 pubmed publisher..The concomitant use of fluvastatin and/or nifedipine with nateglinide is quite likely; therefore, the clinical consequences of long-term treatments must be considered. ..
- Lee K, Moon S, Kim H, Kwon U, Kim H, Park S, et al. Tissue engineering of the intervertebral disc with cultured nucleus pulposus cells using atelocollagen scaffold and growth factors. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:452-8 pubmed publisher..Hence, such an approach can provide a suitable engineered tissue for IVD regeneration with potential for robust refurbishment of matrix. ..
- Oh S, Choi S, Choi S, Lee Y, Kim K. The influence of lithium fluoride on in vitro biocompatibility and bioactivity of calcium aluminate-pMMA composite cement. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2004;15:25-33 pubmed..0% by weight of lithium fluoride after 7 and 15 days of soaking in the SBF, respectively. The 5 microm of LiAl2(OH)7 . 2H2O and HAp mixed layers were formed on the surface of specimen after 60 days of soaking in the SBF. ..
- Kang S, Son S, Lee J, Lee E, Lee K, Park S, et al. Regeneration of whole meniscus using meniscal cells and polymer scaffolds in a rabbit total meniscectomy model. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2006;78:659-71 pubmed..This study demonstrates, for the first time, the feasibility of regenerating whole meniscal cartilage in a rabbit total meniscectomy model using the tissue engineering method. ..
- Kim K, Choe G, Chung S, Kim C. Delayed pharmacological pre-conditioning effect of mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener on neurologic injury in a rabbit model of spinal cord ischemia. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2008;52:236-42 pubmed..The study demonstrates that pre-treatment with diazoxide 48 h before ischemia, induce delayed pharmacological pre-conditioning, thereby significantly improving clinical neurologic scores and histologic findings in this animal model. ..
- Jung S, Kim S, Cho J. A comparison of the use of contrast media with different iodine concentrations for multidetector CT of the kidney. Korean J Radiol. 2011;12:714-21 pubmed publisher..05). The 300 mg iodine/mL is considered to be the most appropriate iodine concentration in an aspect of the enhancement and artifact on a kidney MDCT scan. ..
- Kwon S, Lee T, Park J, Hwang J, Jin M, Jang H, et al. Modulation of BMP-2-induced chondrogenic versus osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells by cell-specific extracellular matrices. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013;19:49-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, cell-specific ECMs are capable of modulating the BMP-2-induced osteogenic and chondrogenic differentiation of hMSCs. ..
- Lee E, Choi J, Jo Y, Kim J, Jang Y, Lee H, et al. ACT-PRESTO: Rapid and consistent tissue clearing and labeling method for 3-dimensional (3D) imaging. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18631 pubmed publisher..The speed and consistency of this method will allow high-content mapping and analysis of normal and pathological features in intact organs and bodies. ..
- Chang H, Kim S, Kim J, Kim S, Whang J, Choi J, et al. Ten-Year Experience With Bowel Transplantation at Seoul St. Mary's Hospital. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:473-8 pubmed publisher..One-year survival of the patient and graft was 73.33% (Kaplan-Meier survival curve). Although the total number of ITx is small, its social impact has been remarkable in changing the related laws and reimbursement policy in Korea. ..
- Song J, Kim J, Yang M, Sul D, Kim H. Concentrations of mitomycin C in rabbit corneal tissue and aqueous humor after topical administration. Cornea. 2006;25:S20-3 pubmed..Good penetration of MMC through central bare cornea may be noxious to endothelial cells. Reducing concentration or decreasing exposure time seems a good modality to reduce potential MMC toxicity. ..
- Lee J, Choo J, Choi Y, Park J, Min D, Lee S, et al. Assembly of collagen-binding peptide with collagen as a bioactive scaffold for osteogenesis in vitro and in vivo. Biomaterials. 2007;28:4257-67 pubmed..Taken together, the CBM peptide herein and its assembly with collagen can be applied as an inducer of biomineralization as well as a bioactive scaffold for bone regeneration. ..
- Jun S, Lee E, Jang T, Kim H, Jang J, Koh Y. Bone morphogenic protein-2 (BMP-2) loaded hybrid coating on porous hydroxyapatite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2013;24:773-82 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that the hybrid coating containing BMP-2 has the potential to be used as a bone implant, whose osteogenic properties are promoted by the release of BMP-2 in a controlled manner for a prolonged period of time. ..
- Baek C, Chung Y, Jeong H, Kim S. Comparison of open dilatational tracheostomy with conventional pediatric tracheostomy in a growing animal model. Laryngoscope. 2005;115:2193-8 pubmed..Therefore, the authors' new tracheostomy procedure could be applied to children who require short-term tracheostomy at any age in clinical settings. ..
- Park J, Na K, Woo D, Yang H, Park K. Determination of dual delivery for stem cell differentiation using dexamethasone and TGF-beta3 in/on polymeric microspheres. Biomaterials. 2009;30:4796-805 pubmed publisher..These heparin-bound TGF-beta3-coated and Dex-loaded PLGA microsphere constructs show promise as coatings for implantable biomedical devices to improve biocompatibility and ensure both in vitro and in vivo performance. ..
- Choi S, Lee J, Wang K, Phi J, Song S, Song J, et al. Human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells: characteristics and therapeutic potential as cellular vehicles for prodrug gene therapy against brainstem gliomas. Eur J Cancer. 2012;48:129-37 pubmed publisher..0018). Our study demonstrates that hAT-MSCs can be easily prepared and genetically modified as cellular vehicles for prodrug gene therapy and that they have therapeutic potential against brainstem gliomas. ..
- Choi S, Kwak B, Shim H, Lee J, Hong S, Kim K. MRI traceability of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle-embedded chitosan microspheres as an embolic material in rabbit uterus. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2015;21:47-53 pubmed publisher..SPIO-embedded chitosan microspheres can be used to follow distribution of embolic particles through MRI studies. ..
- Jin Y, Kim D, Khil L, Oh U, Kim J, Kwak J. Thimerosal decreases TRPV1 activity by oxidation of extracellular sulfhydryl residues. Neurosci Lett. 2004;369:250-5 pubmed..These results suggest that the modification of an extracellular thiol group can alter the activity of TRPV1. Consequently, we propose that such a modulation of the redox state might regulate the physiological activity of TRPV1. ..
- Kim T, Lee S, Pak J, Tchah H, Kook M. Mitomycin C, ceramide, and 5-fluorouracil inhibit corneal haze and apoptosis after PRK. Cornea. 2006;25:55-60 pubmed..MMC is a potent inhibitor of haze induced by PRK and UVB irradiation. Throughout the process of corneal wound healing, the severity of apoptosis and reactivation of keratocytes was closely correlated with haze formation. ..
- Cho H, Kim T, Cho H, Park K, Zhang S, Kim J, et al. The effect of stem cell mobilization by granulocyte-colony stimulating factor on neointimal hyperplasia and endothelial healing after vascular injury with bare-metal versus paclitaxel-eluting stents. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48:366-74 pubmed
- Chang J, Chung J, Jae H, Eh H, Son K, Lee K, et al. Local toxicity of hepatic arterial infusion of hexokinase II inhibitor, 3-bromopyruvate: In vivo investigation in normal rabbit model. Acad Radiol. 2007;14:85-92 pubmed..Selective intra-arterial administration of 25 mM 3-BrPA can cause considerable toxicities not only in the liver but also in the gastrointestinal system and are dose dependent and can cause death in high doses. ..
- Roh J, Kim D, Rha K, Sung M, Kim K, Park C. Benefits and risks of mitomycin use in the traumatized tracheal mucosa. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;136:459-63 pubmed..These findings suggest that topical MMC has no benefit when used to prevent tracheal stenosis. Acute airway obstruction may occur in MMC-treated rabbits with tracheal wounds. ..
- Toti U, Moon S, Kim H, Jun Y, Kim B, Park Y, et al. Thermosensitive and biocompatible cyclotriphosphazene micelles. J Control Release. 2007;119:34-40 pubmed..The local tolerance tests using rabbits have shown excellent biocompatibility of the trimers. Also a promising in vitro releasing profile was obtained for local delivery of human growth hormone (hGH) as a model protein drug...
- Shin Y, Choi K, Kim W. Cyclosporin A has a protective effect with induced upregulation of Hsp70 and nNOS on severe spinal cord ischemic injury in rabbits. J Invest Surg. 2007;20:113-20 pubmed..The neuroprotective effect of cyclosporin A against ischemia seems to be related to overexpressions of nNOS and HSP70. ..
- Choi S, Ahn D, Lee Y. Comparison of contractile mechanisms of sphingosylphosphorylcholine and sphingosine-1-phosphate in rabbit coronary artery. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;82:324-32 pubmed publisher..Activation of the RhoA/RhoA-associated kinase pathway and subsequent phosphorylation of MYPT1 play a key role in SPC-induced coronary contraction, whereas elevation of [Ca2+]i is crucial for S1P-induced coronary constriction. ..
- Kim T, Chung J, Hong J, Min K, Seo K, Kim E. Bevacizumab application delays epithelial healing in rabbit cornea. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:4653-9 pubmed publisher..When bevacizumab is used to reduce the development of new corneal vessels, slight delays in epithelial wound healing are possible and cellular proliferation is to be expected. ..
- Jang H, Nam H, Kim J, Hahm D, Nam S, Kim K, et al. Effects of curcumin for preventing restenosis in a hypercholesterolemic rabbit iliac artery stent model. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;74:881-8 pubmed publisher..Curcumin, a natural compound in the human diet, seems to be a safe and effective candidate drug for use in a drug-eluting stent for the prevention of stent restenosis following angioplasty. ..
- Lee D, Chun J, Ha H, Park J, Kim B, Oh H, et al. Poly-gamma-d-glutamic acid and protective antigen conjugate vaccines induce functional antibodies against the protective antigen and capsule of Bacillus anthracis in guinea-pigs and rabbits. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2009;57:165-72 pubmed publisher..anthracis infection, indicating that anti-PGA antibodies play a protective role. Our results demonstrate that PA-PGA conjugate vaccines are effective in the guinea-pig model, in addition to the previously reported mouse model. ..
- Son K, Chung S, Kim H, Kim H, Choi S, Lee J, et al. MRI of magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells in hepatic failure model. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:5611-5 pubmed..2 ± 4.8, 10.1 ± 3.7, 6.7 ± 2.2, and 5.8 ± 2.1, respectively (P = 0.013). Intravascularly injected SPIO-labeled MSCs in an experimental rabbit model of hepatic failure can be detected and followed with MRI. ..
- Son M, Hu Y, Kim S, Chun M, Kim I, Kim M. Expression of ?-gustducin in mammalian retinas. Neuroreport. 2011;22:146-50 pubmed publisher..The evidence suggests that G?-gust may selectively participate in signal transduction in the axon terminals of rod bipolar cells in the mammalian retina. ..
- Lopilly Park H, Kim J, Lee K, Park C. Effect of prostaglandin analogues on tear proteomics and expression of cytokines and matrix metalloproteinases in the conjunctiva and cornea. Exp Eye Res. 2012;94:13-21 pubmed publisher..This results in an increase of matrix degradation and decrease of stromal collagens in the cornea by PG treatments. ..
- Koo K, Lee S, Yee J, Ryu S, Kim K, Goo Y, et al. A novel in vitro sensing configuration for retinal physiology analysis of a sub-retinal prosthesis. Sensors (Basel). 2012;12:3131-44 pubmed publisher..The threshold charge of the dual-monopolar stimulation is not obvious. These results provide useful guidelines for developing a sub-retinal prosthesis. ..
- Park H, Kim J, Park C. VEGF induces TGF-?1 expression and myofibroblast transformation after glaucoma surgery. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:2147-54 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic approaches modulating VEGF may control myofibroblast transformation and reduce subconjunctival fibrosis after glaucoma surgery. ..
- Lee Y, Nam S, Seol Y, Kim T, Lee S, Ku Y, et al. Enhanced bone augmentation by controlled release of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 from bioabsorbable membranes. J Periodontol. 2003;74:865-72 pubmed..4%, respectively. These results suggest that the use of rhBMP-2-loaded PLLA/TCP membranes can result in additional bone augmentation, which is due to the osteoinductive properties of rhBMP-2 released from the membrane during healing. ..
- Kang S, Son S, Lee J, Lee E, Lee K, Park S, et al. Regeneration of whole meniscus using meniscal cells and polymer scaffolds in a rabbit total meniscectomy model. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2006;77:659-71 pubmed..This study demonstrates, for the first time, the feasibility of regenerating whole meniscal cartilage in a rabbit total meniscectomy model using the tissue engineering method. ..
- Jang I, Ahn J, Shin J, Kwon Y, Ryu Y, Lee J, et al. Transplantation of reconstructed corneal layer composed of corneal epithelium and fibroblasts on a lyophilized amniotic membrane to severely alkali-burned cornea. Artif Organs. 2006;30:424-31 pubmed
- Jeong S, Kim S, Cho S, Chong M, Kim K, Kim H, et al. Tissue-engineered vascular grafts composed of marine collagen and PLGA fibers using pulsatile perfusion bioreactors. Biomaterials. 2007;28:1115-22 pubmed
- Sung B, Kim M, Lee B, Yoo J, Lee S, Kim Y, et al. Measurement of flow speed in the channels of novel threadlike structures on the surfaces of mammalian organs. Naturwissenschaften. 2008;95:117-24 pubmed..In this analysis, it was shown that the liquid flow through the NTSs could be due to peristaltic motion of the NTS itself. ..
- Kim W, Jeong H, Chung S. The effect of bevacizumab on corneal neovascularization in rabbits. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2010;24:230-6 pubmed publisher..01), but no difference was shown between treated groups. Topical and subconjunctival bevacizumab application may be useful in the treatment of corneal neovascularization and further study is necessary. ..
- Park C, Lee J, Oh Y, Shim S, Kim D, Park N, et al. Postnatal changes in the expression of claudin-11 in the testes and excurrent ducts of the domestic rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus domesticus). J Androl. 2011;32:295-306 pubmed publisher..In adult rabbits, CLDN11 in efferent duct epithelium and epididymal epithelium may contribute to the specific environment for sperm maturation. ..
- Song J, Heo J, Kim H. Protective effects of dispersive viscoelastics on corneal endothelial damage in a toxic anterior segment syndrome animal model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:6164-70 pubmed..Dispersive viscoelastics were shown to have partial protective effects against corneal endothelial cell damage caused by a toxic disinfectant. ..
- Kim T, Park Y, Ahn J, Ahn J, Kim S, Jeong M, et al. Effects of conditioned media from human amniotic epithelial cells on corneal alkali injuries in rabbits. J Vet Sci. 2013;14:61-7 pubmed..These results suggest that CM from HAECs promote corneal wound healing in rabbits...
- Joo I, Lee J, Yoon J, Jang J, Han J, Choi B. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: intravoxel incoherent motion diffusion-weighted MR imaging-an experimental study in a rabbit model. Radiology. 2014;270:131-40 pubmed publisher..2%, 13.2%, and 11.0%, respectively. Perfusion fractions extracted from IVIM diffusion-weighted imaging may help in the differentiation of early stage NASH from simple steatosis. ..
- Jeong J, Hyun Bae S, Seo J, Chung H, June Kim S. Long-term evaluation of a liquid crystal polymer (LCP)-based retinal prosthesis. J Neural Eng. 2016;13:025004 pubmed publisher..5 years after the implantation of the device. These long-term evaluation results show the potential for the chronic use of LCP-based biomedical implants to provide an alternative to traditional metallic packages. ..
- Chang M, Kim K, Kim H, Jun H, Kim D, Jang J, et al. Predictors of response to immunosuppressive therapy with antithymocyte globulin and cyclosporine and prognostic factors for survival in patients with severe aplastic anemia. Eur J Haematol. 2010;84:154-9 pubmed publisher..004) and the group achieving any response following IST (P = 0.002). Pre-IST neutrophil counts might predict the response to IST, while absolute ARCs prior to IST and response status after IST could be prognostic factors following IST. ..
- Kim J, Lee H, Goo J, Kim M, Chung D. Correlation of volumetric perfusion CT parameters with hypoxia inducible factor-1 alpha expression in a rabbit VX2 tumor model. Acta Radiol. 2016;57:708-15 pubmed publisher..001). In VX2 tumors, volumetric perfusion CT parameters were of limited value for the prediction of HIF-1Î± activity although HIF-1Î± expression was found to be weakly positively correlated with PS and negatively correlated with BV. ..
- Choi B, Young H, Quan Y, Rho J, Eo J, Han K, et al. Real-time computed tomography fluoroscopy-guided solitary lung tumor model in a rabbit. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179220 pubmed publisher..Real-time computed tomography fluoroscopy-guided inoculation of VX2 single-cell suspensions with lipiodol and Matrigel using a small needle is an easy and safe method to establish solitary lung tumors in rabbits. ..
- Lee S, Kim S, Park S, Kim M. Cytotoxic activities of Leptospira interrogans hemolysin SphH as a pore-forming protein on mammalian cells. Infect Immun. 2002;70:315-22 pubmed..In conclusion, these results suggest that the virulence of Leptospira SphH was due to the pore formation on mammalian cell membranes...
- Yeon D, Kim J, Ahn D, Kwon S, Kang B, Morgan K, et al. Role of protein kinase C- or RhoA-induced Ca(2+) sensitization in stretch-induced myogenic tone. Cardiovasc Res. 2002;53:431-8 pubmed..Furthermore, enhanced phosphorylation of the myosin light chains by activation of PKCalpha and/or RhoA may be key mechanisms for the Ca(2+) sensitization associated myogenic tone in basilar vessels. ..
- Park D, Huh J, Baek Y. Therapeutic effect of Aralia cordata extracts on cartilage protection in collagenase-induced inflammatory arthritis rabbit model. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;125:207-17 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Aralia cordata showed cartilage protective effects through the down-regulations of COX-2 expression, PGE(2) production, caspase-3 activity, and chondrocyte proliferation in the CIA rabbit model. ..
- Choi Y, Kim I, Cheon J, Kim J, Kim E, Kim W, et al. Doppler sonographic findings in an experimental rabbit model of necrotizing enterocolitis. J Ultrasound Med. 2010;29:379-86 pubmed..0095 and .0013, respectively). In the other time sessions, there was no difference between the groups. The NEC+ group showed a significant increase in the PSV and RI during the 1- to 2-hour period. ..
- Kim S, Kim J, Choi Y, Lee H. Healing disturbance with suture bridge configuration repair in rabbit rotator cuff tear. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2016;25:478-86 pubmed publisher..Medial row tendon failure was more common in SBCR. Surgeons should consider the clinical effect of SBCR when performing rotator cuff repair. ..
- Park K, Park J, Woo D, Yang H, Chung H, Park K. The use of chondrogenic differentiation drugs to induce stem cell differentiation using double bead microsphere structure. Biomaterials. 2008;29:2490-500 pubmed publisher..These double beaded PLGA microsphere constructs containing DEXA and DHEA show promise as coatings for implantable biomedical devices to improve biocompatibility and ensure in vivo performance. ..
- Chung I, Song H, Kim S, Moon H. Anticomplement activity of polyacetylenes from leaves of Dendropanax morbifera Leveille. Phytother Res. 2011;25:784-6 pubmed publisher..3?µM, 15.2?µM and 39.8?µM. Among the compounds tested, 2 showed the most potent anticomplement activity (IC(50), 15.2?µM). ..
- Park K, Lim C, Min B, Lee J, Chung H, Joo C, et al. The side population cells in the rabbit limbus sensitively increased in response to the central cornea wounding. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:892-900 pubmed..The SP cells identified in the rabbit limbus are an undifferentiated and noncycling rare epithelial cell population, which sensitively respond to the central cornea wounding by their transient increase in the population size. ..
- Woo J, Hwang J, Ko J, Kim D, Ma J, Lee E. Glutamate at position 227 of junctophilin-2 is involved in binding to TRPC3. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;328:25-32 pubmed publisher..This substantial binding between JP2 and TRPC3 suggests that JP2 can be a regulatory protein of TRPC3 and/or TRPC3-mediated Ca(2+) homeostasis in skeletal muscle. ..
- Chung J, Kim W, Im W, Yoo D, Choi J, Hwang I, et al. Neuroprotective effects of adipose-derived stem cells against ischemic neuronal damage in the rabbit spinal cord. J Neurol Sci. 2012;317:40-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that transplantation of ASCs prevents motor neurons from spinal ischemic damage and reactive gliosis by increasing neurotrophic factors such as BDNF in the spinal cord. ..
- Lee J, Sato M, Kim H, Mochida J. Transplantatation of scaffold-free spheroids composed of synovium-derived cells and chondrocytes for the treatment of cartilage defects of the knee. Eur Cell Mater. 2011;22:275-90; discussion 290 pubmed..In summary, SYs can be used as a replacement for ACs in clinical cases of ACI in patients with broad areas of osteoarthritic lesions. ..
- Suh M, Kwon J, Wee W, Han Y, Kim J, Lee J. Protective effect of ascorbic Acid against corneal damage by ultraviolet B irradiation: a pilot study. Cornea. 2008;27:916-22 pubmed publisher..ASA protected the cornea against UVB irradiation in this pilot study; however, further evaluation using many animals is needed to establish its efficacy. ..
- Kim J, Choi J, Chung S. The effect of curcumin on corneal neovascularization in rabbit eyes. Curr Eye Res. 2010;35:274-80 pubmed publisher..Topical application of curcumin was useful in reducing experimental corneal neovascularization and can be used to inhibit angiogenesis in the cornea. ..
- Pyun W, Hahn W, Kim D, Yoo W, Lee S, Won J, et al. Naked DNA expressing two isoforms of hepatocyte growth factor induces collateral artery augmentation in a rabbit model of limb ischemia. Gene Ther. 2010;17:1442-52 pubmed publisher..These results showed that transfer of the genomic-cDNA hybrid of the HGF gene could be used as a potential therapeutic approach to human vascular diseases. ..
- Cho Y, Lee S, Lee H, Hur J, Lee S, Youn S, et al. Adipokine resistin is a key player to modulate monocytes, endothelial cells, and smooth muscle cells, leading to progression of atherosclerosis in rabbit carotid artery. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:99-109 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first insight on the causal relationship between resistin and atherosclerosis...
- Park M, Lee M, Seong S. A comparative study of the healing of tendon autograft and tendon-bone autograft using patellar tendon in rabbits. Int Orthop. 2001;25:35-9 pubmed..These findings show that more rapid incorporation of the graft occurs in group II although no significant difference in biomechanical parameters was noted once healing was complete. ..
- Ryu H, Hong K, Lee J, Kim D, Lee J, Chang B, et al. Magnesia-doped HA/beta-TCP ceramics and evaluation of their biocompatibility. Biomaterials. 2004;25:393-401 pubmed..These results proved that MgO addition increased drastically the sintering and mechanical properties of HA/beta-TCP ceramics without altering the biological safety and biocompatibility of the original composite. ..
- Lee J, Hwang I, Yoo K, Jung J, Cho J, Moon S, et al. Calbindin D-28k is expressed in the microvascular basal lamina in the ventral horn at early time after transient spinal cord ischemia in the rabbit. Brain Res. 2005;1047:123-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that the ectopic expression of CB in the microvascular basal laminae may be associated with the buffering of calcium in the endothelial cells of microvessels after ischemic damage. ..
- Shin E, Kim I, Kim J, Han E, Park Y, Nawa Y, et al. Migration of Neodiplostomum leei (Digenea: Neodiplostomidae) neodiplostomula to the livers of various mammals. J Parasitol. 2006;92:223-9 pubmed..The possibility of human infections, i.e., liver migration, by N. leei neodiplostomula, among snake consumers, warrants investigation. ..
- Kwon Y, Kim J. Inhibition of corneal neovascularization by rapamycin. Exp Mol Med. 2006;38:173-9 pubmed..Collectively, rapamycin appears to inhibit bFGF induced angiogenesis in a rabbit corneal micropocket assay and may have therapeutic potential as an antiangiogenic agent. ..
- Lim M, Choi S, Cho Y, Yeon S, Kim E, Ahn D, et al. The role of sphingosine kinase 1/sphingosine-1-phosphate pathway in the myogenic tone of posterior cerebral arteries. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35177 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the SK1/S1P pathway may play an important role in pressure-induced myogenic responses in rabbit PCAs under normal physiological conditions. ..
- Jeon M, Gordon A, Larson A, Chung J, Kim Y, Kim D. Transcatheter intra-arterial infusion of doxorubicin loaded porous magnetic nano-clusters with iodinated oil for the treatment of liver cancer. Biomaterials. 2016;88:25-33 pubmed publisher..MRI and histological evaluations revealed that the long-term drug release and retention of Dox-pMNCs within iodinated oil induced significantly enhanced liver cancer cell death. ..
- Choi B, Kim B, Huh J, Lee S, Zhu S, Jung J, et al. Cyanoacrylate adhesive for closing sinus membrane perforations during sinus lifts. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2006;34:505-9 pubmed..These results support the clinical use of cyanoacrylate adhesive for repairing sinus membrane perforations. ..
- Kang W, Jin J, Yang H, Seol H, Kim K, Lee J, et al. Genetically-engineered human neural stem cells with rabbit carboxyl esterase can target CNS lymphoma. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:5335-42 pubmed..To apply this strategy to the treatment of CNS lymphoma, we investigated the role of NSCs expressing carboxyl esterase (HB1.F3.CE), which activates irinotecan...
- Yoon W, Park S, Park Y, Park S, Sin J, Kim M. Comparison of responses elicited by immunization with a Legionella species common lipoprotein delivered as naked DNA or recombinant protein. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:99-107 pubmed..The PAL antigen was also conserved among Legionella species, as determined by PCR and immunoblot analyses. These results support a potential use of the t-rPAL protein and in particular DNA vaccines against Legionella infections. ..
- Lee J, Lee C, Kim W, Ahn J, Park D, Kang S, et al. Antiatherosclerotic effects of the novel angiotensin receptor antagonist Fimasartan on plaque progression and stability in a rabbit model: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2013;62:229-36 pubmed publisher..3% ± 6.4% vs. 19.7% ± 2.1%, P = 0.02). These results show that the newly developed angiotensin receptor blocker, Fimasartan, attenuated atherosclerosis progression and reduced macrophage accumulation in the rabbit aortic plaques. ..
- Kim M, Lee C, Hur J, Cho H, Jun S, Kim T, et al. Priming with angiopoietin-1 augments the vasculogenic potential of the peripheral blood stem cells mobilized with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor through a novel Tie2/Ets-1 pathway. Circulation. 2009;120:2240-50 pubmed publisher..The short-term priming with COMP-Ang1 may be a feasible and promising option to activate (mob)PBSCs by enhancing differentiation and adhesiveness and to improve the efficacy of cell therapy for ischemic diseases. ..
- Kim H, Jeon J, Koo T, Lee U, Jeong E, Chun M, et al. Axonal synapses utilize multiple synaptic ribbons in the mammalian retina. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52295 pubmed publisher..The presence of multiple ribbons and a broad postsynaptic density suggest these structures may be very efficient synapses. We also identified axonal inputs to ipRGCs with the architecture described above. ..