Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on proteins in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Ha Y, Lee J. Role of TNF receptor-associated factor 3 in the CD40 signaling by production of reactive oxygen species through association with p40phox, a cytosolic subunit of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase. J Immunol. 2004;172:231-9 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that the CD40-induced ROS production by NADPH oxidase in WEHI 231 requires the role of TRAF3, as well as activities of PI3-K and Rac1. ..
- Lee Y, Kwon T, Kim D, Huh W, Kim Y, Oh H, et al. Ultrastructural study on nephrin expression in experimental puromycin aminonucleoside nephrosis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:2981-6 pubmed..The significance of the above findings in terms of proteinuria and foot process effacement needs further clarification. ..
- Yeom K, Lee Y, Han J, Suh M, Kim V. Characterization of DGCR8/Pasha, the essential cofactor for Drosha in primary miRNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:4622-9 pubmed..Our study thus provides further insights into the mechanism of action of the Drosha-DGCR8 complex in pri-miRNA processing. ..
- Kim S, Lee Y, Kim Y, Bahk Y. A Proteomic approach for protein-profiling the oncogenic ras induced transformation (H-, K-, and N-Ras) in NIH/3T3 mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Proteomics. 2008;8:3082-93 pubmed publisher..Further studies are in progress to elucidate the implications of these findings in the regulation of Ras induced transformation. ..
- Lee J, Lee J, Sim S, Whang W, Kim C. Anti-asthmatic effects of phenylpropanoid glycosides from Clerodendron trichotomum leaves and Rumex gmelini herbes in conscious guinea-pigs challenged with aerosolized ovalbumin. Phytomedicine. 2011;18:134-42 pubmed publisher..However, their anti-asthmatic effects were less than the reference drugs. These results indicated that caffeic acid and its glycosides (25mg/kg) have anti-asthmatic effect as the same manner with dexamethasone and disodium cromoglycate. ..
- Chung S, Seong J, Park Y, Kim W, Oh H, Han K. Identification of proteins indicating radiation-induced hepatic toxicity in cirrhotic rats. J Radiat Res. 2010;51:643-50 pubmed..Hepatic fibrosis increased following radiation in cirrhotic rats. These proteins might be useful in detecting and monitoring radiation-induced hepatic injury. ..
- Jung H, Lee S, Jho E. Mest/Peg1 inhibits Wnt signalling through regulation of LRP6 glycosylation. Biochem J. 2011;436:263-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that Mest/Peg1 is a novel regulator of Wnt/?-catenin signalling during adipogenic differentiation. ..
- Chen X, Zhou G, Peng X, Yoon J. Biosensors and chemosensors based on the optical responses of polydiacetylenes. Chem Soc Rev. 2012;41:4610-30 pubmed publisher..This tutorial review highlights the recent advances in bio- and chemo-sensors derived from polydiacetylenes. ..
- Park S, Yang J, Oh S, Cho L, Ma S, Shin A, et al. Innate immunity and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) related genes in a nested case-control study for gastric cancer risk. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45274 pubmed publisher..7-0.9, respectively). Our findings suggest that certain variants in the innate immunity and NHL-related genes affect the gastric cancer risk, perhaps by modulating infection-inflammation-immunity mechanisms that remain to be defined. ..
- Jung H, Gkogkas C, Sonenberg N, Holt C. Remote control of gene function by local translation. Cell. 2014;157:26-40 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss key findings in this area and possible implications of this adaptable and swift mechanism for spatial control of gene function. ..
- Bang H, Ha S, Hwang S, Park C. Expression of PEG10 Is Associated with Poor Survival and Tumor Recurrence in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cancer Res Treat. 2015;47:844-52 pubmed publisher..128). PEG10 protein could be a potential biomarker predicting early recurrence and recurrence-free survival in HCC patients after curative resection, even in those with normal serum Î±-fetoprotein levels. ..
- Hur M, Yoon J, Kim M, Ko H, Jeon B. Kr-POK (ZBTB7c) regulates cancer cell proliferation through glutamine metabolism. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:829-838 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal that Kr-POK activates GLS1 transcription and increases glutamine uptake to support rapid cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Yim H, Jong H, Kim T, Choi H, Kim S, Song S, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibits novel ginseng metabolite-mediated apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1952-60 pubmed..In conclusion, IH-901 induced both G1 arrest and apoptosis, and this apoptosis could be inhibited by COX-2 induction. ..
- Kim S, Jeong Y. Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein interacts with the 3' stem-loop region of Japanese encephalitis virus negative-strand RNA. Virus Res. 2006;115:131-40 pubmed..These data suggest that the 3' SL regions of JEV-RNA of both polarities may act as recruiting signals for the components of viral replication complexes including host cell-derived PTB protein. ..
- Shin C, Lee Y, Lee T, Je H, Kim D, Sohn U. The signal transduction of endothelin-1-induced circular smooth muscle cell contraction in cat esophagus. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;302:924-34 pubmed
- Yi J, Lee S, Sato T, Koh J. Co-induction of p75(NTR) and the associated death executor NADE in degenerating hippocampal neurons after kainate-induced seizures in the rat. Neurosci Lett. 2003;347:126-30 pubmed..The present study has demonstrated that p75(NTR) and NADE are co-induced in neurons degenerating after kainate-induced seizures in rats, likely in a zinc-dependent manner. ..
- Kim I, Kim M, Lee C, Yim H, Cha S, Kang S. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the DNA-binding domain of BldD from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:1115-7 pubmed..2, b = 31.8, c = 33.6 angstroms, beta = 105.1 degrees. Analysis of the packing density shows that the asymmetric unit probably contains one molecule, with a solvent content of 43.6%. ..
- Choi H, Hahn S, Lee J, Park B, Lee S, Kim H, et al. Surfactant lavage therapy for meconium aspiration syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Neonatology. 2012;101:183-91 pubmed publisher..Given that less than 100 infants were included in the two RCTs, the findings of this study may still be regarded as insufficient evidence. Further research will be needed to confirm the benefit as well as to refine the lavage technique. ..
- Kim B, Hong H, Kim J, Lee H. Differential expression of nephrin in acquired human proteinuric diseases. Am J Kidney Dis. 2002;40:964-73 pubmed..These results suggest that nephrin-expression patterns in proteinuric diseases are different according to the specific glomerular disease or severity of glomerular damage. ..
- Kim J, Lee S, Lee Z, Park J, Lee K, Lee M, et al. FAM83H mutations in families with autosomal-dominant hypocalcified amelogenesis imperfecta. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;82:489-94 pubmed publisher..3. The mutations perfectly cosegregate with the disease phenotype and demonstrate that FAM83H is required for proper dental-enamel calcification. ..
- Kim K, Moon M. High speed two-dimensional protein separation without gel by isoelectric focusing-asymmetrical flow field flow fractionation: application to urinary proteome. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:4272-8 pubmed publisher..Our experiments also showed a higher efficiency in the identification of urine proteins using ampholyte solution in the narrower pH range. ..
- Ko J, Park J. Mouse models of polycystic kidney disease induced by defects of ciliary proteins. BMB Rep. 2013;46:73-9 pubmed..In this review, we will describe the general role of cilia in renal epithelial cells, and the relationship between ciliary defects and PKD. We also discuss mouse models of PKD related to ciliary defects based on recent studies...
- Choi Y, Hwang K, Park J, Park K, Park S, Hwang S, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel mouse and human MOPT gene containing MORN-motif protein in testis. Theriogenology. 2010;73:273-81 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that MOPT may play an important role in dynamic regulation of acrosome biogenesis during late spermiogenesis. ..
- Park J, Kim E, Yang E, Seo S, Chung K. JNK- and Rac1-dependent induction of immediate early gene pip92 suppresses neuronal differentiation. J Neurochem. 2007;100:555-66 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that neurogenic growth factor-induced expression of pip92 is critical for the regulation of neuronal differentiation, occurring through the subsequent activation of Rac1, JNK, Pak1 and Elk1. ..
- Choi Y, Kim K. AKAP12 in astrocytes induces barrier functions in human endothelial cells through protein kinase Czeta. FEBS J. 2008;275:2338-53 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that AKAP12 in astrocytes differentially regulates the expression of VEGF and TSP-1 via the inhibition of PKCzeta phosphorylation and Rho kinase activity in HRMECs. ..
- Kim Y, Cho S, Yun C, Moon Y, Lee T, Kim S. Transcriptional activation of Cidec by PPARgamma2 in adipocyte. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:297-302 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PPARgamma2 is required for the transcriptional activity of Cidec during adipogenesis, which could be contributed to understand the molecular mechanism of lipid droplet formation in adipocytes. ..
- Kim S, Yoon J, Yang J, Park S. Walk-weighted subsequence kernels for protein-protein interaction extraction. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:107 pubmed publisher..The results are compared using automatically parsed third party protein-protein interaction (PPI) data as well as perfectly syntactic labeled PPI data. ..
- Kim J, Choi Y, Cho Y, Hong M, Chae S, Hwang K, et al. Polycystic ovary syndrome is not associated with polymorphisms of the TCF7L2, CDKAL1, HHEX, KCNJ11, FTO and SLC30A8 genes. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;77:439-45 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the six type 2 diabetes-associated genes identified in genome-wide association studies are not associated with PCOS. ..
- Choi K, Lee J, Lee K, Seo J, Oh J, Kim S, et al. The associations between plasma adiponectin, ghrelin levels and cardiovascular risk factors. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004;150:715-8 pubmed..Fasting plasma adiponectin and ghrelin levels were found to be associated with central obesity or insulin resistance. However, plasma adiponectin and ghrelin concentrations were not associated with each other in elderly Korean women. ..
- Sarma S, Kim Y, Ryu J. Gene expression profiles of human promyelocytic leukemia cell lines exposed to volatile organic compounds. Toxicology. 2010;271:122-30 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both gene expression profiles and gene ontology analysis have elucidated potential gene-based biomarkers and provided insights into the mechanism underlying the response of human leukemia cell lines to VOC exposure. ..
- Shin K, Lee H, Jung J, Cha D, Kim G. Culture and in vitro hepatogenic differentiation of placenta-derived stem cells, using placental extract as an alternative to serum. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:435-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed that placental extract could be used as a new component for culture of adult stem cells, as well as for development of human-based medium, in translational research for regenerative medicine. ..
- Kwak H, Lee S, Li Y, Kim Y, Han S, Jhon G, et al. Inhibition of osteoclast differentiation and bone resorption by a novel lysophosphatidylcholine derivative, SCOH. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;67:1239-48 pubmed..Reduced activation of Akt and NF-kappaB and decreased induction of XIAP were observed in mature osteoclasts treated with SCOH. Thus, this novel phosphatidylcholine derivative may be useful for treating bone-resorption diseases. ..
- Han J, Lee Y, Yeom K, Nam J, Heo I, Rhee J, et al. Molecular basis for the recognition of primary microRNAs by the Drosha-DGCR8 complex. Cell. 2006;125:887-901 pubmed..Our current study thus facilitates the prediction of novel microRNAs and will assist in the rational design of small hairpin RNAs for RNA interference. ..
- Shang Y, Lee M, Li J, Nam K. Characterization of cp3 reveals a new bri1 allele, bri1-120, and the importance of the LRR domain of BRI1 mediating BR signaling. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:8 pubmed publisher..Also, we confirmed that a successful interallelic complementation occurs between the extracellular domain mutant allele and the cytoplasmic kinase-inactive mutant allele of BRI1 in vivo. ..
- Jeong Y, Park W, Kim M, Baek K, Kwon N, Yun H, et al. Leucine-rich glioma inactivated 3 promotes HaCaT keratinocyte migration. Wound Repair Regen. 2013;21:634-40 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that LGI3 stimulates HaCaT cell migration following ?-catenin accumulation through the Akt pathway. ..
- Mehta J, Bhardwaj S, Bhardwaj N, Paul A, Kumar P, Kim K, et al. Progress in the biosensing techniques for trace-level heavy metals. Biotechnol Adv. 2016;34:47-60 pubmed publisher..Our major focus was examining the use of biomolecules for constructing these biosensors. The discussion is extended further to cover the biosensors' performance along with challenges and opportunities for practical utilization. ..
- Kim H, Jung Y, Kwon Y, Park S. Assignment of apoptotic protease activating factor-1 gene (APAF1) to human chromosome band 12q23 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;87:252-3 pubmed
- Kim Y, Lee S, Park S, Song K. Gene structure of the human DDX3 and chromosome mapping of its related sequences. Mol Cells. 2001;12:209-14 pubmed..Pseudogenes are mapped on human chromosomes 4 and X, respectively. In this paper, we discuss the relationships between DDX3 and its related sequences that have been isolated. ..
- Eo H, Lee J, Ahn C, Cho J, Hwang D, Hwang Y, et al. Three novel mutations of the PKD1 gene in Korean patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Clin Genet. 2002;62:169-74 pubmed..Our findings indicate that many different PKD1 mutations are likely to be responsible for ADPKD in the Korean population, as in the Western population. ..
- Jung E, Jung H, Lee S, Han S, Heu S, Hwang B. Identification of a novel pathogen-induced gene encoding a leucine-rich repeat protein expressed in phloem cells of Capsicum annuum. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1676:211-22 pubmed..The location characteristics and the spatio-temporal expression pattern of CALRR1 suggest that it may play a role in protecting phloem cells against biotic and abiotic stresses affecting phloem function. ..
- Woo K, Seo J, Zhang R, Ma P. Suppression of apoptosis by enhanced protein adsorption on polymer/hydroxyapatite composite scaffolds. Biomaterials. 2007;28:2622-30 pubmed..These results demonstrate that biomimetic composite scaffolds are advantageous for bone tissue engineering. ..
- Kay H, Kim Y, Ryu D, Sung S, Hwang S, Kim S. Nrf2-mediated liver protection by sauchinone, an antioxidant lignan, from acetaminophen toxicity through the PKC?-GSK3? pathway. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;163:1653-65 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSION AND IMPLICATIONS Our results demonstrate that sauchinone protects the liver from APAP-induced toxicity by activating Nrf2, and this effect is mediated by PKC? activation, which induces inhibitory phosphorylation of GSK3?. ..
- Roth J, Zuber C, Park S, Jang I, Lee Y, Kysela K, et al. Protein N-glycosylation, protein folding, and protein quality control. Mol Cells. 2010;30:497-506 pubmed publisher..Here, current views of mechanisms for the recognition and retention leading to productive protein folding or the eventual elimination of misfolded glycoproteins in yeast and mammalian cells are reviewed. ..
- Kim S, Jin J, Kim Y, Kim Y, Yu H. Retinal proteome analysis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced retinopathy. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:5186-203 pubmed publisher..These proteins, including ORP150, are potential novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of proliferative ischemic retinopathy. ..
- Lee J, Park J, Jeong J, Jeon H, Yoon J, Kim E, et al. Complex of Fas-associated factor 1 (FAF1) with valosin-containing protein (VCP)-Npl4-Ufd1 and polyubiquitinated proteins promotes endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6998-7011 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate here that FAF1 binds to VCP-Npl4-Ufd1 complex via UBX domain and polyubiquitinated proteins via UBA domain to promote endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation. ..
- Kim J, Jung H. Proteomic analysis of cholesteatoma. Acta Otolaryngol. 2004;124:783-8 pubmed..Proteomic analysis may be a powerful tool for the identification and characterization of many promising candidate proteins relating to cholesteatoma. ..
- Jung T, Lee K, Lee M, Ka K. SIRT1 attenuates palmitate-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and insulin resistance in HepG2 cells via induction of oxygen-regulated protein 150. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;422:229-32 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a novel mechanism by which SIRT1 regulates ER stress by overexpression of ORP150, and suggest that SIRT1 ameliorates palmitate-induced insulin resistance in HepG2 cells via regulation of ER stress. ..
- Yoon J, Choi S, Kim O, Choi W, Park Y, Nam S, et al. Inactivation of NKX6.3 in the stomach leads to abnormal expression of CDX2 and SOX2 required for gastric-to-intestinal transdifferentiation. Mod Pathol. 2016;29:194-208 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that NKX6.3 might function as a master regulator of gastric differentiation by affecting SOX2 and CDX2 expression and the NKX6.3 inactivation may result in intestinal metaplasia in gastric epithelial cells. ..
- Han S, Yoon K, Lee K, Kim K, Jang H, Lee N, et al. TNF-related weak inducer of apoptosis receptor, a TNF receptor superfamily member, activates NF-kappa B through TNF receptor-associated factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:789-96 pubmed..Furthermore, TweakR mutations within the TRAF-binding motif abolished TweakR-stimulated SMC migration, revealing a role for TRAFs in TweakR-induced activation events. ..
- Hyun H, Lee S, Lee K, Kang H, Kim E, Choung P, et al. Identification of a novel FAM83H mutation and microhardness of an affected molar in autosomal dominant hypocalcified amelogenesis imperfecta. Int Endod J. 2009;42:1039-43 pubmed publisher..Mutational analysis revealed a novel mutation in FAM83H gene. Hardness of dentine was not affected by the mutation, whilst the enamel was extremely soft. ..
- Kim J, Kim Y, Lee S, Kwak K, Chung W, Choi K. Determination of mRNA expression of DMRT93B, vitellogenin, and cuticle 12 in Daphnia magna and their biomarker potential for endocrine disruption. Ecotoxicology. 2011;20:1741-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the three mRNAs, i.e., DMRT, CUT, and VTG can be used as biomarkers of endocrine disrupting effects in D. magna. ..
- Yoo C, Jung S, Bae J, Kim G, Ihm J, Lee J. DNA aptamer release from the DNA-SWNT hybrid by protein recognition. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:2784-7 pubmed publisher..The aptamer, which is specifically bound with thrombin, the target protein in this study, easily wraps and disperses the SWNT by noncovalent Ï€-Ï€ stacking. ..
- Seong M, Kim S, Yu Y, Hwang J, Kim J, Park S. Molecular characterization of Leber congenital amaurosis in Koreans. Mol Vis. 2008;14:1429-36 pubmed..In turn, this suggests that a different strategy should be used for the molecular diagnosis of LCA in Koreans. ..
- Park S, Pai J, Han E, Jun C, Shin I. One-step, aid-mediated method for modification of glass surfaces with N-hydroxysuccinimide esters and its application to the construction of microarrays for studies of biomolecular interactions. Bioconjug Chem. 2010;21:1246-53 pubmed publisher..The newly developed acid-mediated, glass surface modification method should be generally applicable to the preparation of various functional group-modified surfaces. ..
- Park K, Jeong J, Kim K. Regulation of mI?BNS stability through PEST-mediated degradation by proteasome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1291-5 pubmed publisher..We identified that the N-terminal PEST sequence in mI?BNS was critical for the regulation of stability. ..
- Seong J, Jun Y, Kim B, Park Y, Sohn Y. Synthesis and characterization of biocompatible poly(organophosphazenes) aiming for local delivery of protein drugs. Int J Pharm. 2006;314:90-6 pubmed..The entrapped hGH has shown to be controlled releasing for 3-4 days...
- Kim A, Yang Y, Lee M, Yoo Y, Lee H, Lim J. NDRG2 gene expression in B16F10 melanoma cells restrains melanogenesis via inhibition of Mitf expression. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2008;21:653-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results not only identify NDRG2 as a novel regulator of pigmentation, but also potentially a key factor in regulating melanoma progression via Mitf. ..
- Lee M, Lee S, Lee K, Kang H, Jung H, Kim J. Expression patterns of the Fam83h gene during murine tooth development. Arch Oral Biol. 2009;54:846-50 pubmed publisher..Little is known about this novel gene, and so we investigated the expression pattern of Fam83h in murine tooth development using serial sectional in situ hybridisation...
- Park J, Lee S, Yu H, Kim J, Seo J. Copy number variation of age-related macular degeneration relevant genes in the Korean population. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31243 pubmed publisher..2.01, p<0.01 for ARMS2/HTRA1). CNVs located in AMD-relevant genes may be associated with AMD susceptibility. Further investigations encompassing larger patient cohorts are needed to elucidate the role of CNV in AMD pathogenesis. ..
- Chang E, Kwak H, Kim H, Park J, Lee Z, Kim H. Elucidation of CPX-1 involvement in RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis by a proteomics approach. FEBS Lett. 2004;564:166-70 pubmed..Therefore, the transient up-regulation pattern of CPX-1 expression may be important for the successful progression from pre-osteoclasts to mature osteoclasts. ..
- Lee H, Ha S, Han H, Kim J. Distribution of HLA-A, B alleles and polymorphisms of TAP and LMP genes in Korean patients with atopic dermatitis. Clin Exp Allergy. 2001;31:1867-74 pubmed..Atopic dermatitis has been seen to result from multifactorial inheritance, with interaction between genetic and environmental factors. The genetic association may differ according to the ethnic backgrounds...
- Kim S, Suh M, Yoon H, Lee J, Oh S, Moon S, et al. Identification of developmental pluripotency associated 5 expression in human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells. 2005;23:458-62 pubmed..Human pluripotent stem cells may have their own ways to be pluripotent, as opposed to the much uniform mouse stem cells. ..
- Yun J, Kim W, Ha S, Eom S, Suh S, Kim K. Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic studies of ribosome recycling factor from Escherichia coli. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:84-5 pubmed..08, c = 141.67 A. Native data were collected from a frozen crystal to a resolution of 3.0 A on a Cu Kalpha rotating-anode X-ray source. ..
- Kim S, Lee J, Lee M, Chung S, Bae O, Chung J. Association of quinone-induced platelet anti-aggregation with cytotoxicity. Toxicol Sci. 2001;62:176-82 pubmed..These results suggest that quinones that deplete GSH in platelets demonstrate a marked anti-aggregative effect. If this anti-aggregative effect is subsequently followed by depletion of protein thiols, cytotoxicity results. ..
- Kim T, Kim Y, Hwang S, Shin S, Shin J, Lee Y, et al. Candidate tumor suppressor, HCCS-1, is downregulated in human cancers and induces apoptosis in cervical cancer. Int J Cancer. 2002;97:780-6 pubmed..These results suggest that HCCS-1 is downregulated in multiple human tumor types and may serve as a candidate tumor suppressor gene through apoptotic pathway against human cervical cancer. ..
- Jeong D, Kim E, Kim T, Chung Y, Kim H, Kim I. Different distributions of selenoprotein W and thioredoxin during postnatal brain development and embryogenesis. Mol Cells. 2004;17:156-9 pubmed..Thus these two antioxidant proteins have different and non-overlapping expression patterns. The distribution of Se-W suggests that it plays an important role as an antioxidant in the developing brain and embryo. ..
- Moon S, Park J, Kim E, Kim J, Han J, Yoo S, et al. A Novel IVS2-1G>A mutation causes aberrant splicing of the HRPT2 gene in a family with hyperparathyroidism-jaw tumor syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:878-83 pubmed..These findings provide further evidence that mutation of HRPT2 is associated with the formation of parathyroid tumors in HPT-JT syndrome. ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Lee K, Kang J, Lee K, Park S, et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor gene polymorphisms affect lung cancer risk. Lung Cancer. 2007;56:9-15 pubmed..1, 95% CI, 2.53-14.68). This result suggests that haplotypes of AhR gene play an important role in the development of lung cancer and there is a synergistic interaction between AhR gene and smoking for lung cancer risk. ..
- Lee Y, Kang E, Kim S, Han S, Kim C, Kim H, et al. Association between polymorphisms in SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, FTO, WFS1, CDKAL1, KCNQ1 and type 2 diabetes in the Korean population. J Hum Genet. 2008;53:991-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have shown that SNPs in HHEX, CDKN2A/B, CDKAL1, KCNQ1 and SLC30A8 confer a risk of T2DM in the Korean population. ..
- Sonn S, Oh G, Rhee K. Nek2 and its substrate, centrobin/Nip2, are required for proper meiotic spindle formation of the mouse oocytes. Zygote. 2011;19:15-20 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Nek2 is critical for proper assembly of the meiotic spindles. Centrobin may be a possible substrate of Nek2 responsible for the meiotic spindle assembly in the mouse oocytes. ..
- Dawod M, Chung D. High-sensitivity capillary and microchip electrophoresis using electrokinetic supercharging. J Sep Sci. 2011;34:2790-9 pubmed publisher..The review will pay particular attention to innovations, new methodologies for manipulation, challenges for improving the detection sensitivity, and various applications of EKS in capillaries and microchips. ..
- Kim E, Kim J, Park J, Hwang S, Kim W, Lee W, et al. Bcl-w promotes cell invasion by blocking the invasion-suppressing action of Bax. Cell Signal. 2012;24:1163-72 pubmed..We propose the balance between prosurvival and multidomain pro-apoptotic members as a novel determinant of cellular invasiveness. ..
- Lee B, Shin H, Hur J. Comparison of the characteristics of extracellular polymeric substances for two different extraction methods and sludge formation conditions. Chemosphere. 2013;90:237-44 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that the EPS characteristics including their binding affinities are likely strongly affected by the sludge formation conditions as well as the extraction methods although the latter produced more differences. ..
- Baek M, Shin W, Chung H, Seok C. GalaxyDock BP2 score: a hybrid scoring function for accurate protein-ligand docking. J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2017;31:653-666 pubmed publisher..GalaxyDock BP2 Score and GalaxyDock2 with this score are freely available at http://galaxy.seoklab.org/softwares/galaxydock.html . ..
- Park D, Yun Y. Tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent yeast two-hybrid system for the identification of the SH2 domain-binding proteins. Mol Cells. 2001;12:244-9 pubmed..The conclusion is that the established tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent yeast two-hybrid system provides a novel and efficient way to define the SH2 domain-binding molecules. ..
- Lee J, Park J, Kim Y, Kwon B, Kang S, Yoo Y, et al. Effect of 2'-benzoyl-oxycinnamaldehyde on RPE cells in vitro and in an experimental proliferative vitreoretinopathy model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:3117-24 pubmed..To investigate whether 2'-benzoyl-oxycinnamaldehyde (BCA) induces apoptosis in human retinal pigment epithelial (hRPE) cells and has an antiproliferative effect in a proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR) model in the rabbit...
- Kim Y, Chung H, Baek K. WD-40 repeat containing rat lethal giant larvae recessive oncogene, but not m-tomosyn, restores the salt sensitivity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:229-33 pubmed..Functional analysis showed that the expression of the rgl-1 cDNA, but not m-tomosyn, restored partially salt sensitivity in yeast, indicating that rgl-1 is a homologue of lgl family members. ..
- Choi S, Kim S, Chung K. Huntingtin-interacting protein 1-mediated neuronal cell death occurs through intrinsic apoptotic pathways and mitochondrial alterations. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5275-82 pubmed..Furthermore, Hip1 could directly bind to Apaf-1, suggesting that the neurotoxic signals of Hip1 transmit through the intrinsic mitochondrial apoptotic pathways and the formation of apoptosome complex. ..
- Park K, Chung Y, So H, Kim K, Park J, Oh M, et al. AGR2, a mucinous ovarian cancer marker, promotes cell proliferation and migration. Exp Mol Med. 2011;43:91-100 pubmed..Thus, AGR2 is a potential biomarker for the diagnosis of mucinous ovarian cancer and an ELISA assay may facilitate the early detection of mucinous ovarian cancer using patient serum. ..
- Lee S, Jeong Y, Kim S, Jeong H, Park K, Baek K, et al. Ultraviolet B-induced LGI3 secretion protects human keratinocytes. Exp Dermatol. 2012;21:716-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that LGI3 may regulate p53 levels and that keratinocyte-derived LGI3 may act as a novel cytokine for skin homoeostasis. ..
- Lee K, Choi S, Yang C, Wu H, Yu J. Autofluorescence generation and elimination: a lesson from glutaraldehyde. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013;49:3028-30 pubmed publisher..A model indicated that ethylenediamine and a secondary amine in the molecule were key components for the formation of emissive species. The mechanism enables us to control the generation and elimination of autofluorescence...
- Kim Y, Chai Y, Ryu J. Selenoprotein W as molecular target of methylmercury in human neuronal cells is down-regulated by GSH depletion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:1095-102 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that SeW is the novel molecular target of MeHg in human neuronal cells and down-regulation of this selenoenzyme by MeHg is dependent not on generation of ROS but on depletion of GSH. ..
- Kang S, Kim G, Seong M, Baek S, Seol J, Bang O, et al. Two novel ubiquitin-fold modifier 1 (Ufm1)-specific proteases, UfSP1 and UfSP2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5256-62 pubmed..These results indicate that UfSP1 and UfSP2 are novel thiol proteases that specifically process the C terminus of Ufm1. ..
- Lee S, Hu J, Bartlett J, Lee K, Lin B, Simmer J, et al. Mutational spectrum of FAM83H: the C-terminal portion is required for tooth enamel calcification. Hum Mutat. 2008;29:E95-9 pubmed publisher..However it seems evident that the large C-terminal part of the protein is essential for proper enamel calcification. ..
- Hahn Y. Molecular evolution of TEPP protein genes in metazoans. Biochem Genet. 2009;47:651-64 pubmed publisher..No homolog was detected in birds, insects, nematodes, and teleost fishes despite the extensive sequence data of these species, implying that the TEPP gene might be lost in these lineages. ..