Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphotransferases in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
- Lee K, Shim M, Kim J, Jung H, Lee E, Carlson B, et al. Drosophila selenophosphate synthetase 1 regulates vitamin B6 metabolism: prediction and confirmation. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:426 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SPS1 regulates vitamin B6 synthesis, which in turn impacts various cellular systems such as amino acid metabolism, defense and other important metabolic activities. ..
- Jung K, Oh S, Kim Y, Yoo K, Cui M, Shin J. Arabidopsis histidine-containing phosphotransfer factor 4 (AHP4) negatively regulates secondary wall thickening of the anther endothecium during flowering. Mol Cells. 2008;25:294-300 pubmed..Our study indicates that AHP4 negatively regulates thickening of the secondary cell wall of the anther endothecium, and provides new insight into the role of cytokinins in formation of secondary cell walls via the action of AHP4. ..
- Park S, Choi J, Kang J, Choi S, Hwang S, Kim J, et al. Attenuated expression of interferon-induced protein kinase PKR in a simian cell devoid of type I interferons. Mol Cells. 2006;21:21-8 pubmed..PKR-DE12 had no dominant negative effect but was weakly phosphorylated in trans by wild type PKR...
- Kim J, Lee K, Shim M, Shin H, Xu X, Carlson B, et al. Human selenophosphate synthetase 1 has five splice variants with unique interactions, subcellular localizations and expression patterns. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:53-8 pubmed publisher..DeltaE2 expression peaked at mid-S phase and then gradually decreased. However, +E9/+E9a expression decreased gradually after cell cycle arrest. The possible involvement of SPS1 splice variants in cell cycle regulation is discussed. ..
- Jung S, Seol H, Jeon S, Son K, Lee J. Insulin-sensitizing activities of tanshinones, diterpene compounds of the root of Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge. Phytomedicine. 2009;16:327-35 pubmed publisher..These insulin-sensitizing activities of tanshinones may be useful for developing a new class of specific IR activators as anti-diabetic agents. ..
- Jeong Y, Kim J, Yoo J, Lee S, Kim H, Suh Y. Environmental enrichment compensates for the effects of stress on disease progression in Tg2576 mice, an Alzheimer's disease model. J Neurochem. 2011;119:1282-93 pubmed publisher..These results strongly implicate the importance of environmental factors as a major modulator for the disease progression of AD. ..
- Ko J, Lee Y, Hwang S, Lee Y, Shin S, Hwang J, et al. Identification and differential expression of novel human cervical cancer oncogene HCCR-2 in human cancers and its involvement in p53 stabilization. Oncogene. 2003;22:4679-89 pubmed..These results indicate that HCCR-2 probably represents a new oncogene that is related to tumorigenesis, functioning as a negative regulator of the p53 tumor suppressor. ..
- Rajesh T, Sung C, Kim H, Song E, Park H, Jeon J, et al. Phosphorylation of chloramphenicol by a recombinant protein Yhr2 from Streptomyces avermitilis MA4680. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:3614-9 pubmed publisher..This study highlights that antibiotic resistance conferring genes could be easily expressed and functionalized in other organisms that do not produce the respective antibiotic...