Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear proteins in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: nuclear proteins
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Kim S, Kim H, Chung S, Lee J. DHU1 negatively regulates UV-B signaling via its direct interaction with COP1 and RUP1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:285-290 pubmed publisher..This study will serve as a platform to further understand more detailed action mechanism of DHU1 in UV-B response and DHU1-mediated core UV-B signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Lee S, Lee I, Park S, Kang C, Song K. Identification and characterization of a human cDNA homologous to yeast SKI2. Genomics. 1995;25:660-6 pubmed..The SKI2 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae encoded a nucleolar protein that is involved in the antiviral system. We report here the partial human cDNA sequence and the localization of the corresponding gene on chromosome 6p21. ..
- Lim J, Kim H, Kim K. The Ku antigen-recombination signal-binding protein Jkappa complex binds to the nuclear factor-kappaB p50 promoter and acts as a positive regulator of p50 expression in human gastric cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:231-7 pubmed..The interaction of Ku antigen with RBP-Jkappa and NF-kappaB p50 may act as a positive regulator of p50 expression in gastric cancer AGS cells. ..
- Choi Y, Kim S, Kyu Lee H, Lee K, Pak Y. In vitro methylation of nuclear respiratory factor-1 binding site suppresses the promoter activity of mitochondrial transcription factor A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:118-22 pubmed..It was concluded that the methylation on the NRF-1 sites might be a route for silencing Tfam promoter resulting in decrease of mitochondrial biogenesis. ..
- Lee N, Hong Y, Yu S, Han S, Geum D, Cho K. dXNP, a Drosophila homolog of XNP/ATRX, induces apoptosis via Jun-N-terminal kinase activation. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2625-32 pubmed..The dXNP-induced apoptosis was strongly suppressed by DJNKK/hemipterous mutation, and dXNP increased JNK activity. Taken together, these results suggest that dXNP regulates apoptosis via JNK activation. ..
- Sihn C, Lee Y, Jeong J, Park K, Kim S. CANu1, a novel nucleolar protein, accumulated on centromere in response to DNA damage. Genes Cells. 2008;13:787-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we report that a novel nucleolar protein, CANu1, is essential to maintain ribosomal structure and responsive upon UV damage. ..
- Pae C, Drago A, Kim J, Patkar A, Jun T, Lee C, et al. TAAR6 variation effect on clinic presentation and outcome in a sample of schizophrenic in-patients: an open label study. Eur Psychiatry. 2008;23:390-5 pubmed publisher..Haplotype analysis was not informative in our sample, probably also because of the incomplete SNPs' coverage of the gene we performed. Further studies in this direction are warranted. ..
- Yoon S, Park T, Kim N, Lee K, Kim J, Song J, et al. Three new nonsense mutations of MLH1 and MSH2 genes in Korean families with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2009;188:61-4 pubmed publisher..2006-6 thymine to cytosine. The clinical implications of a frameshift mutation are discussed, along with the significance of common underlying splice mutations existing within families with HNPCC. ..
- Kim M, Kim J, Kim J, Kim D, Yu Y. Differential expression of stem cell markers and vascular endothelial growth factor in human retinoblastoma tissue. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2010;24:35-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate the relationship between vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and the cancer stem cell-vascular niche complex in human retinoblastoma tissue...
- Cha S, Lim C, Lee J, Song Y, Park J, Choe J, et al. DNA-PK/Ku complex binds to latency-associated nuclear antigen and negatively regulates Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus latent replication. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:934-9 pubmed publisher..The efficiency of transient replication was significantly increased in the HCT116 (Ku86 +/-) cell line, compared to the HCT116 (Ku86 +/+) cell line, suggesting that the DNA-PK/Ku complex negatively regulates KSHV latent replication. ..
- Lee H, Shin N, Song M, Kang U, Yeom J, Lee C, et al. Analysis of nuclear high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1)-binding proteins in colon cancer cells: clustering with proteins involved in secretion and extranuclear function. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:4661-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that cytoplasmic HMGB1 binds to a number of molecules related to cancer progression and the unconventional secretory pathway. ..
- Kim J, Hong Y, Ryu M, Lee J, Chang H, Lim S, et al. Association between deficient mismatch repair system and efficacy to irinotecan-containing chemotherapy in metastatic colon cancer. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:1706-11 pubmed publisher..Our data collectively indicate that MMR status is not effective as a single predictive marker for response to irinotecan-based chemotherapy in mCRC patients. ..
- Kim Y, Cha H, Nam K, Yoon Y, Lee H, An S. Centella asiatica extracts modulate hydrogen peroxide-induced senescence in human dermal fibroblasts. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:998-1003 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the findings presented here suggest that C. asiatica extracts might regulate SIPS by preventing repression of DNA replication and mitosis-related gene expression. ..
- Kim M, Kang K. Isoflavones as a smart curer for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and pathological adiposity via ChREBP and Wnt signaling. Prev Med. 2012;54 Suppl:S57-63 pubmed publisher..Natural compound isoflavones may be useful alternative medicines in preventing NAFLD and pathological adiposity and this action may be partially associated with ChREBP and Wnt signaling. ..
- Lee S, Park E, Lee H, Lee Y, Kwon J. Genome-wide screen of human bromodomain-containing proteins identifies Cecr2 as a novel DNA damage response protein. Mol Cells. 2012;34:85-91 pubmed publisher..Small interfering RNA knockdown experiments showed that Cecr2 is important for ?-H2AX formation and DSB repair. Therefore, our genomewide screen identifies Cecr2 as a novel DNA damage response protein. ..
- Cho H, Oh Y, Han S, Chung H, Kim C, Lee N, et al. Cdk1 protein-mediated phosphorylation of receptor-associated protein 80 (RAP80) serine 677 modulates DNA damage-induced G2/M checkpoint and cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:3768-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that post-translational phosphorylation of RAP80 by the Cdk1-cyclin B(1) complex is important for RAP80 functional sensitivity to IR and G(2)/M checkpoint control. ..
- Park D, Seo J, Hong M, Bang W, Han J, Choi S. Role of Sp5 as an essential early regulator of neural crest specification in xenopus. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:1382-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Sp5 functions as a critical early factor in the genetic cascade to regulate NC induction downstream of Wnt and FGF pathways. ..
- Yang S, Choi J, Huh D, Jo H, Kim S, Lim C, et al. Roles of fluid shear stress and retinoic acid in the differentiation of primary cultured human podocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2017;354:48-56 pubmed publisher..These cells may serve as a useful tool for mechanistic studies and the application of regenerative medicine to the treatment of kidney diseases. ..
- Lee J, Ha Y, Kim H. Cutting edge: induced expression of a RhoA-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor, p190RhoGEF, following CD40 stimulation and WEHI 231 B cell activation. J Immunol. 2003;170:19-23 pubmed..We also provide evidence for the CD40-mediated cellular changes that are abrogated in cells that are overexpressed with the dominant negative form of either p190RhoGEF (Y1003A) or RhoA (T19N). ..
- Park E, Hur S, Kwon J. Human INO80 chromatin-remodelling complex contributes to DNA double-strand break repair via the expression of Rad54B and XRCC3 genes. Biochem J. 2010;431:179-87 pubmed publisher..Therefore, unlike yeast INO80, hINO80 can contribute to DSB repair indirectly via gene expression, suggesting that the mechanistic role of this chromatin remodeller in DSB repair is evolutionarily diversified. ..
- Jung S, Jeong H, Shin J, Lee M. Effect of PP2A on p34SEI-1 expression in response to ionizing radiation in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2011;38:1475-82 pubmed publisher..This result implies that MCF-7 cells seem to use different signaling pathways in response to IR and H2O2 stresses although both of them belong to the same DNA damage inducing stimuli of reactive oxygen species (ROS). ..
- Chun Y, Choi E, Yeo E, Lee J, Kim M, Park J. A new HIF-1 alpha variant induced by zinc ion suppresses HIF-1-mediated hypoxic responses. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:4051-61 pubmed
- Won J, Yim J, Kim T. Sp1 and Sp3 recruit histone deacetylase to repress transcription of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) promoter in normal human somatic cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38230-8 pubmed
- Chang J, Jeon S, Kim S. The hierarchical relationship among the spitz/Egfr signaling genes in cell fate determination in the Drosophila ventral neuroectoderm. Mol Cells. 2003;15:186-93 pubmed..Our findings suggest the following hierarchical relationship among the spi/Egfr genes: [see text]. ..
- Kim H, Kwak N, Lee J, Choi B, Lim Y, Ko Y, et al. Merlin neutralizes the inhibitory effect of Mdm2 on p53. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7812-8 pubmed..These results suggest that merlin could be a positive regulator of p53 in terms of tumor suppressor activity, and provide the promising therapeutic means for treating tumors with non-functional merlin or Mdm2 overexpression. ..
- Son S, Yu E, Ahn Y, Choi E, Lee H, Choi J. Retinoic acid attenuates promyelocytic leukemia protein-induced cell death in breast cancer cells by activation of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. Cancer Lett. 2007;247:213-23 pubmed
- Kim Y, Park C, Shin H, Choi J, Cheong H, Park B, et al. A promoter nucleotide variant of the dendritic cell-specific DCNP1 associates with serum IgE levels specific for dust mite allergens among the Korean asthmatics. Genes Immun. 2007;8:369-78 pubmed..The functional relevance of the genetic variation would provide an important insight into the genetic basis of allergic response to the mite antigens. ..
- Jung Y, Park J, Bang Y, Kim T. Gene silencing of TSPYL5 mediated by aberrant promoter methylation in gastric cancers. Lab Invest. 2008;88:153-60 pubmed..Thus, strong associations between TSPYL5 expression and hypermethylation were observed, and aberrant methylation at a CpG island of TSPYL5 may play an important role in development of gastric cancers. ..
- Choi J, Shin Y, Cha J, Kim H, Choi J, Chun M, et al. Induction of suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 in astrocytes of the rat hippocampus following transient forebrain ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2008;441:323-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate SOCS-3 induction occurs in reactive astrocytes of the post-ischemic hippocampus, suggesting that SOCS-3 is involved in regulating the astroglial reaction to an ischemic insult. ..
- Kwon M, Boo S, Kim H, Cho Y, Chung W, Hong S. A novel splice site mutation in the EYA1 gene in a Korean family with branchio-oto (BO) syndrome. Acta Otolaryngol. 2009;129:688-93 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a splice site mutation in a family with BO syndrome without renal involvement, further extending the phenotypic-genotypic heterogeneity of BOR/BO syndrome. ..
- Hwang H, Kim H, Jeong Y, Choi M, Lee S, Kim S. Overexpression of EVE1, a novel ubiquitin family protein, arrests inflorescence stem development in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4571-81 pubmed publisher..The eve1-D mutation provides a way to study the regulatory mechanisms that control phase transition from the vegetative to the reproductive state. ..
- Kim J, Lee Y, Kim H, Yoon S, Kim H, Youn Y, et al. Additive lymph node dissection may be necessary in minute submucosal cancer of the stomach after endoscopic resection. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:779-85 pubmed publisher..The LNM rate in differentiated SM1-EGC meeting the expanded ER criteria was 4.1% in the present study, indicating that additional lymph node dissection may be necessary after ER in some cases of SM1-EGC. ..
- Woo J, Jung A, Lakshmana M, Bedrossian A, Lim Y, Bu J, et al. Pivotal role of the RanBP9-cofilin pathway in A?-induced apoptosis and neurodegeneration. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1413-23 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate the RanBP9-cofilin pathway as critical therapeutic targets not only for stemming A? generation but also antagonizing A?-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Song K, Jung D, Jung Y, Lee S, Lee I. Interaction of human Ku70 with TRF2. FEBS Lett. 2000;481:81-5 pubmed..This interaction was confirmed using bacterial fusion proteins and co-immunoprecipitations from eukaryotic cells overexpressing TRF2. The transfected TFR2 colocalized with Ku70. ..
- Ko Y, Kang Y, Park H, Seol W, Kim J, Kim T, et al. Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 controls the proapoptotic function of death-associated protein (Daxx) in the cytoplasm. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39103-6 pubmed..Taken together, we could conclude that ASK1 controls the dual function of Daxx as a transcriptional repressor in the nucleus and as a proapoptotic signal mediator in the cytoplasm. ..
- Chang J, Kim I, Ahn J, Kim S. The CNS midline cells control the spitz class and Egfr signaling genes to establish the proper cell fate of the Drosophila ventral neuroectoderm. Int J Dev Biol. 2001;45:715-24 pubmed
- Park D, Lee S, Jun K, Hong Y, Kim D, Kim Y, et al. Translation of clock rhythmicity into neural firing in suprachiasmatic nucleus requires mGluR-PLCbeta4 signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:337-8 pubmed
- Lee G, Yu E, Cho C, Lee J, Muller M, Chung I. DNA-protein kinase catalytic subunit-interacting protein KIP binds telomerase by interacting with human telomerase reverse transcriptase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34750-5 pubmed..The collective data in this paper suggest that KIP plays a positive role in telomere length maintenance and/or regulation and may represent a novel target for anti-cancer drug development. ..
- Choi K, Kim S, Kim S, Kim M, Hyun Y, Lee H, et al. SUPPRESSOR OF FRIGIDA3 encodes a nuclear ACTIN-RELATED PROTEIN6 required for floral repression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2647-60 pubmed..Subcellular localization using a green fluorescent protein fusion showed that Arabidopsis ARP6 is located at distinct regions of the nuclear periphery. ..
- Kim S, Kee H, Choe N, Kim J, Kook H, Kook H, et al. The histone methyltransferase activity of WHISTLE is important for the induction of apoptosis and HDAC1-mediated transcriptional repression. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:975-83 pubmed..Our results suggest that HMTase WHISTLE induces apoptosis in an HMTase activity-dependent manner and represses transcription of target genes through HDAC1 recruitment. ..
- Shin C, Kim S, Huh W. TORC1 controls degradation of the transcription factor Stp1, a key effector of the SPS amino-acid-sensing pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2089-99 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings highlight an intimate connection between the amino-acid-sensing pathway and the rapamycin-sensitive TOR signaling pathway. ..
- Cho K, Lee B, Cheon S, Kim H, Kim H, Kim G. Inhibition of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 reduces endoplasmic reticulum stress and nuclear huntingtin fragments in a mouse model of Huntington disease. Neuroscience. 2009;163:1128-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, regulating the amounts and activity of the Ask1 protein is a novel strategy for treatment of HD. ..
- Lee Y, Ha S, Kim H, Shin S, Kim H, Kim S, et al. Minichromosome maintenance protein 3 is a candidate proliferation marker in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2010;88:138-42 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that MCM3 may be a more reliable proliferation marker than Ki-67 in accessing the growth of tumor and evaluating tumor aggressiveness of PTC. ..
- Na Y, Seok S, Kim D, Han J, Kim T, Jung H, et al. Isolation and characterization of spheroid cells from human malignant melanoma cell line WM-266-4. Tumour Biol. 2009;30:300-9 pubmed publisher..However, the existence of spheroid cells in WM-266-4, a human malignant metastatic melanoma cell line, has not yet been reported...
- Kim Y, Min B, Kim S, Choi H, Kim K, Chun H, et al. Difference between proximal and distal microsatellite-unstable sporadic colorectal cancers: analysis of clinicopathological and molecular features and prognoses. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:1435-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study demonstrated that distal MSI-high CRCs had worse prognosis than proximal MSI-high CRCs. ..
- Lee H, Park J, Kim S, Kwon S, Kwon J. A cooperative activation loop among SWI/SNF, gamma-H2AX and H3 acetylation for DNA double-strand break repair. EMBO J. 2010;29:1434-45 pubmed publisher..The H3 acetylation on gamma-H2AX nucleosomes is induced by DNA damage. These results collectively suggest that SWI/SNF, gamma-H2AX and H3 acetylation cooperatively act in a feedback activation loop to facilitate DSB repair. ..
- Yang J, Ha S, Yang Y, Kim J. p-Glycoprotein ABCB5 and YB-1 expression plays a role in increased heterogeneity of breast cancer cells: correlations with cell fusion and doxorubicin resistance. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:388 pubmed publisher..Especially, the ERK-3 serine/threonine kinase is specifically up-regulated in the resistant cells and known to be susceptible to synthetic antagonists. ..
- Suresh B, Ramakrishna S, Kim Y, Kim S, Kim M, Baek K. Stability and function of mammalian lethal giant larvae-1 oncoprotein are regulated by the scaffolding protein RanBPM. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35340-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal that RanBPM plays a novel role in regulating Mgl-1 stability and contributes to its biological function as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Song H, Boo J, Kim K, Kim C, Kim Y, Ahn J, et al. Critical role of presenilin-dependent ?-secretase activity in DNA damage-induced promyelocytic leukemia protein expression and apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:639-48 pubmed publisher..Our data provide for the first time, a critical role of the PS/AICD-PML/p53 pathway in DNA damage-induced apoptosis, and implicate this pathway in AD pathogenesis. ..
- Cho K, Shin H, Kim Y, Cho C, Chun Y, Kim T, et al. Mad1 mediates hypoxia-induced doxorubicin resistance in colon cancer cells by inhibiting mitochondrial function. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;60:201-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Mad1 could be a potential target for sensitizing cancer cells to redox-cycling drugs such as doxorubicin. ..
- Lee Y, Park D, Iyer V. The ATP-dependent chromatin remodeler Chd1 is recruited by transcription elongation factors and maintains H3K4me3/H3K36me3 domains at actively transcribed and spliced genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7180-7190 pubmed publisher..Intron retention was significantly lower in the absence of CHD1, suggesting that CHD1 function as a chromatin remodeler could indirectly affect RNA splicing. ..
- Lee I, Kim G, Bae J, Kim J, Rhee K, Hwang D. The DNA replication protein Cdc6 inhibits the microtubule-organizing activity of the centrosome. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16267-16276 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel function for Cdc6 in coordinating centrosome assembly and function. ..
- Lee J, Lim C, Lee S, Kim H, Nukina N, Kaang B. Aggregate formation and the impairment of long-term synaptic facilitation by ectopic expression of mutant huntingtin in Aplysia neurons. J Neurochem. 2003;85:160-9 pubmed..This study demonstrates the stability of polyQ-based aggregates and their specific effects on long-term synaptic plasticity. ..
- Jeong M, Bae J, Kim W, Yoo S, Kim J, Song P, et al. p19ras interacts with and activates p73 by involving the MDM2 protein. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8707-15 pubmed..Therefore, this study presents a novel pathway of Ras signaling that occurs in the nucleus, involving p19ras and p73beta. Furthermore, a p19ras-mediated novel regulatory mechanism of p73 involving the MDM2 protein is described. ..
- Kang S, Kim S, Kim S, Jeon S. Temporal and spatial expression of homeotic genes is important for segment-specific neuroblast 6-4 lineage formation in Drosophila. Mol Cells. 2006;21:436-42 pubmed..Our results indicate that temporal and spa-tial expression of the homeotic genes is important to determine segmental-specificity of NB6-4 daughter cells along the anterior-posterior (A/P) axis. ..
- Kim J, Kim K, Song E, Lee H, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) inhibits protein synthesis by interacting with the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit p44 (eIF3g). FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6375-83 pubmed..Our data suggest that eIF3g is one of the cytosolic targets that interacts with mature AIF, and provide insight into the AIF's cellular functions of the inhibition of protein synthesis during apoptosis. ..
- Lee S, Lee J, Maeng Y, Kim Y, Kwon Y. Langerhans cell protein 1 (LCP1) binds to PNUTS in the nucleus: implications for this complex in transcriptional regulation. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:189-200 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the coordinated spatial and temporal regulation of LCP1 and PNUTS may be a novel mechanism to control the expression of genes that are critical for certain physiological and pathological processes. ..
- Jeong K, Kim S, Kim S, Cho K. Immunohistochemical localization of Krüppel-like factor 6 in the mouse forebrain. Neurosci Lett. 2009;453:16-20 pubmed publisher..This is the first report showing that KLF6 protein is expressed in various regions of the adult forebrain and KLF6-positive cells manifest neuronal or endothelial phenotypes under physiological conditions. ..
- Pae C, Drago A, Patkar A, Jun T, Serretti A. Epistasis between a set of variations located in the TAAR6 and HSP-70 genes toward schizophrenia and response to antipsychotic treatment. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;19:806-11 pubmed publisher..Explanations for these findings and possible future directions are also discussed. ..
- Kim S, Hwang I, Yoo K, Yoo D, Bae E, Lee C, et al. Pregnancy inhibits cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation without neuronal damage in the hippocampal dentate gyrus in C57BL/6N mice. Brain Res. 2010;1315:25-32 pubmed publisher..5. DCX protein levels were low at GD16.5, and thereafter slightly increased. These results suggest that cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation in DG of the hippocampus is decreased during gestation. ..
- Hong Y, Hur J, Lee H, Nam J, Kim Y, Kim H, et al. Analysis of tumor markers in the cytological fluid obtained from computed tomography-guided needle aspiration biopsy for the diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1330-5 pubmed publisher..001). Evaluation of tumor markers CYFRA 21-1, CEA, and SCC in the cytological fluid can improve the diagnostic performance of CT-guided NAB for NSCLC. Of these markers, CYFRA 21-1 is the most useful cytological tumor marker. ..
- Kim B, Lee H, Lee J, Choi C, Kim D, Lee J, et al. Wig1 prevents cellular senescence by regulating p21 mRNA decay through control of RISC recruitment. EMBO J. 2012;31:4289-303 pubmed publisher..In addition, these findings indicate that fine-tuning of p21 levels by Wig1 is essential for the prevention of cellular senescence. ..
- Son G, Chung S, Choe H, Kim H, Baik S, Lee H, et al. Adrenal peripheral clock controls the autonomous circadian rhythm of glucocorticoid by causing rhythmic steroid production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20970-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the adrenal peripheral clock plays an essential role in harmonizing the mammalian circadian timing system by generating a robust circadian GC rhythm. ..
- Hong K, Kim J, Hong J, Yoon H, Lee J, Hong S, et al. Inhibition of Akt activity induces the mesenchymal-to-epithelial reverting transition with restoring E-cadherin expression in KB and KOSCC-25B oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2009;28:28 pubmed publisher..We also investigate whether inhibition of Akt activity would affect the E-cadherin repressors and signaling molecules like NF-kappaB, ERK, and p38...
- Lee S, Park T, Won S, Song J, Lee K, Choi J, et al. Three-way translocation involving MLL, MLLT1, and a novel third partner, NRXN1, in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and t(2;19;11) (p12;p13.3;q23). Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;197:32-8 pubmed publisher..The apparent three-way translocation thus identified is noteworthy because few studies have reported complex rearrangements involving 11q23 and 19p13.3 in acute leukemias. ..
- Oh H, Lee D, Lim H, Lee C. HY253, a novel decahydrofluorene analog, from Aralia continentalis, induces cell cycle arrest at the G1 phase and cytochrome c-mediated apoptosis in human lung cancer A549 cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;129:135-9 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we suggest that HY253 may be a potent cancer chemotherapeutic candidate for use in treating human lung cancer cells via up-regulation and activation of p53 gene. ..
- Hong S, Moon J, Kim J, Shin J, Jung K, Lee W, et al. p34 is a novel regulator of the oncogenic behavior of NEDD4-1 and PTEN. Cell Death Differ. 2014;21:146-60 pubmed publisher..Notably, an inverse correlation between PTEN and p34/NEDD4-1 levels was confirmed in tumor samples from colon cancer patients. Thus, p34 acts as a key regulator of the oncogenic behavior of NEDD4-1 and PTEN. ..
- Je E, Yoo N, Lee S. Mutational and expressional analysis of SMC2 gene in gastric and colorectal cancers with microsatellite instability. APMIS. 2014;122:499-504 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that SMC2 gene is altered by both frameshift mutation and loss of expression in GC and CRC with MSI-H, and suggest that SMC2 gene alterations might be involved in pathogenesis of these cancers. ..
- Lee Y, Bae S. Association between the functional MHC2TA -168 A/G polymorphism and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:901-9 pubmed publisher..783, 95Â % CIâ€‰=â€‰0.628-0.975, pâ€‰=â€‰0.029) than in RF-negative patients. This meta-analysis demonstrated that the MHC2TA -168 A/G polymorphism is not associated with susceptibility to RA in Caucasians. ..
- Hong J, Lee J, Chung I. Telomerase activates transcription of cyclin D1 gene through an interaction with NOL1. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1566-79 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that NOL1 represents a new route by which telomerase activates transcription of cyclin D1 gene, thus maintaining cell proliferation capacity. ..
- Kang Y, Bae S, Kim W. Comprehensive analysis of promoter methylation and altered expression of hMLH1 in gastric cancer cell lines with microsatellite instability. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2002;128:119-24 pubmed
- Woo H, Bae S, Park S, Rhee S. Sestrin 2 is not a reductase for cysteine sulfinic acid of peroxiredoxins. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009;11:739-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, unlike Srx, Sesn 2 is not a sulfinic Prx reductase. ..
- Lee S, Hong S, Shin J, Kim J, Ko S, Hong N, et al. p34SEI-1 inhibits doxorubicin-induced senescence through a pathway mediated by protein kinase C-delta and c-Jun-NH2-kinase 1 activation in human breast cancer MCF7 cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1845-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, p34(SEI-1) inhibits senescence by inducing PKC-delta ubiquitination and preventing PKC-delta-dependent phosphorylation of JNK1. ..
- Lee J, Kim S, Kim J, Ahn J. Alternative splicing and expression analysis of High expression of osmotically responsive genes1 (HOS1) in Arabidopsis. BMB Rep. 2012;45:515-20 pubmed..HOS1-L overexpression caused delayed flowering in wild-type plants. Collectively, these results suggest regulation of HOS1 expression at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Kim C, Kim K, Bok J, Lee E, Kim D, Oh J, et al. Microarray-based mutation detection and phenotypic characterization in Korean patients with retinitis pigmentosa. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2398-410 pubmed..The clinical features varied according to the mutations. Continuous effort to identify novel RP genes and mutations in a population is needed to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the genetic diagnosis of RP. ..
- Yun J, Ko S, Lee C, Cheong H, Cheong C, Yoon J, et al. Solution structure and Rpn1 interaction of the UBL domain of human RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain phosphatase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62981 pubmed publisher..The positively charged residues of the ?3-?2 loop are involved in interacting with the C-terminal leucine-rich repeat-like domain of Rpn1. ..
- Kim J, Huh S, Choi H, Lee K, Shin D, Lee C, et al. Srg3, a mouse homolog of yeast SWI3, is essential for early embryogenesis and involved in brain development. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7787-95 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that Srg3 is essential for early embryogenesis and plays an important role in the brain development of mice. ..
- Kim E, Park J, Um S. Identification of Daxx interacting with p73, one of the p53 family, and its regulation of p53 activity by competitive interaction with PML. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:5356-67 pubmed..Therefore, Daxx is implicated in the regulation of the cell cycle and apoptosis through transcriptional regulation of p53 and possibly its family members. ..
- Yi S, Hwang I, Shin J, Baek S, Yoon Y, Seong J. Neuronal differentiation and developmental characteristics in the dentate gyrus of staggerer mutant mice. BMB Rep. 2010;43:122-6 pubmed..These results suggest that staggerer mutation has an influence on the neuronal differentiation and development not only in cerebellum but also in dentate gyrus. ..
- Liu T, Roh S, Woo J, Ryu H, Kang D. Cooperative role of RanBP9 and P73 in mitochondria-mediated apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e476 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these finding implicate the RanBP9/p73 complex in mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in addition to its role in enhancing A? generation. ..
- Kim J, Chung I. The splicing factor U2AF65 stabilizes TRF1 protein by inhibiting its ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1124-30 pubmed publisher..Hence, U2AF65 represents a new route for modulating TRF1 function at telomeres. ..
- Liu F, Niu Q, Fan X, Liu C, Zhang J, Wei Z, et al. Priming and Activation of Inflammasome by Canarypox Virus Vector ALVAC via the cGAS/IFI16-STING-Type I IFN Pathway and AIM2 Sensor. J Immunol. 2017;199:3293-3305 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study identifies the AIM2 inflammasome and cGAS/IFI16-STING-type I IFN pathway as a novel mechanism for host innate immunity to the ALVAC vaccine vector. ..
- Hwang J, Kim S, Lee S, Kim G, Go M, Kim S, et al. Association of TWIST1 gene polymorphisms with bone mineral density in postmenopausal women. Osteoporos Int. 2010;21:757-64 pubmed publisher..Our results provide preliminary evidence supporting an association of TWIST1 with osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, Kang H, Oh G, Kim T. Two distinct domains of Flo8 activator mediates its role in transcriptional activation and the physical interaction with Mss11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:202-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings provide valuable clues for understanding the molecular mechanism of Flo8-mediated transcriptional control of multiple targets. ..
- Choi E, Jung K, Park H, Chung D, Song J, Yang S, et al. Thymocyte-thymocyte interaction for efficient positive selection and maturation of CD4 T cells. Immunity. 2005;23:387-96 pubmed..This T-T interaction appears to be the basis for the generation of donor MHC-restricted CD4+ T cells in xenogeneic hosts. ..
- Kim J, Kim W, Jeong M, Jang S, Song K, Park S, et al. p19(ras) amplifies p73beta-induced apoptosis through mitochondrial pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:146-50 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for understanding the molecular events of p19(ras) to p73 functions in cancer cells. ..
- Hong S, Kim C, Park W, Shin J, Lee S, Ko S, et al. p34SEI-1 inhibits apoptosis through the stabilization of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein: p34SEI-1 as a novel target for anti-breast cancer strategies. Cancer Res. 2009;69:741-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal that p34(SEI-1) uses a novel apoptosis-inhibiting mechanism to stabilize XIAP. ..
- Yoo J, Shin E, Chung G, Lee K, Yoo J, Lee Y. Restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) patterns and sequence analysis of high-level mupirocin-resistant meticillin-resistant staphylococci. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2010;35:50-5 pubmed publisher..The heterogeneous location of the mupA gene was caused by sequence deletion adjacent to the IS257-like sequence of the trsLM-IS257-like-mupA cassette construction, and the IS257-like sequence was found in all MuH staphylococci. ..