Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neurons in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- Lee H, Bae E, Yi S, Shim J, Jo A, Kang J, et al. Foxa2 and Nurr1 synergistically yield A9 nigral dopamine neurons exhibiting improved differentiation, function, and cell survival. Stem Cells. 2010;28:501-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings can be applied to ongoing attempts to develop an efficient and safe precursor/stem cell-based therapy for PD. ..
- Kim H, Ju M, Park H, Seo Y, Jang Y, Hong J, et al. Evaluation of Samjunghwan, a traditional medicine, for neuroprotection against damage by amyloid-beta in rat cortical neurons. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;130:625-30 pubmed publisher..SJH appears to provide neuroprotection against mitochondria-mediated apoptotic pathways in this Abeta(25-35)-induced Alzheimer's disease model. ..
- Jang K, Kim M, Feltrin D, Jeon N, Suh K, Pertz O. Two distinct filopodia populations at the growth cone allow to sense nanotopographical extracellular matrix cues to guide neurite outgrowth. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15966 pubmed publisher..Our work provides insight in how neuronal growth cones can sense geometric ECM cues. This has not been accessible previously using routine 2D culture systems. ..
- Hwang I, Yoo D, Yoo K, Choi J, Lee H, Lee C, et al. Microtubule associated protein 2 and choline acetyltransferase immunoreactivity in the lumbar spinal cord of young adult and aged dogs. Res Vet Sci. 2011;91:e10-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that numbers of ventral horn neurons are not changed, but cholinergic neurons may change in aged dogs compared to adult dogs. ..
- Park J, Lee J, Shim J, Han W, Lee J, Bae Y, et al. dTULP, the Drosophila melanogaster homolog of tubby, regulates transient receptor potential channel localization in cilia. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003814 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration that dTULP regulates TRP channel localization in cilia, and suggests that dTULP is a protein that regulates ciliary neurosensory functions. ..
- Song H, Shim S, Kim D, Won S, Joo S, Kim S, et al. ?-Amyloid is transmitted via neuronal connections along axonal membranes. Ann Neurol. 2014;75:88-97 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide direct in vitro and in vivo evidence for spreading of ?-amyloid through neuronal connections, and suggest possible therapeutic approaches to blocking this spread. ..
- Seo S, Chong S, Lee S, Sung J, Ahn Y, Chung K, et al. Zn2+-induced ERK activation mediated by reactive oxygen species causes cell death in differentiated PC12 cells. J Neurochem. 2001;78:600-10 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that although Zn2+ activates JNK and ERK, only ERK contributes to Zn2+-induced cell death, and that ERK activation is mediated by ROS via the Ras/Raf/MEK/ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Lee M, Park G, Lee H, Jung J, Kang J, Hong Y, et al. Survivin expression and its clinical significance in pancreatic cancer. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:127 pubmed..Further study of large scale is required to determine the clinical significance of survivin expression in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Lee E, Seo S, Um J, Park J, Oh Y, Chung K. NF-kappaB-inducing kinase phosphorylates and blocks the degradation of Down syndrome candidate region 1. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3392-400 pubmed..Interestingly, we found that whereas the formation of these inclusions does not significantly alter the viability of neuronal cells, the overexpression of DSCR1 without the formation of aggregates is cytotoxic. ..
- Im Y, Hong C, Jin M, Lee B, Han S. c-fos expression in bladder-specific spinal neurons after spinal cord injury using pseudorabies virus. Yonsei Med J. 2008;49:479-85 pubmed publisher..We believe that our methodology can be applied to study interactions between voiding and other organs as well, such as the urethra and prostate. ..
- Park K, Baik H, Jin B. IL-13-induced oxidative stress via microglial NADPH oxidase contributes to death of hippocampal neurons in vivo. J Immunol. 2009;183:4666-74 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, the present study is the first to show that IL-13 triggers microglial NADPH oxidase-derived oxidative stress, leading to the degeneration of hippocampal neurons in vivo, as occurs in cases of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Choi J, Park C, Jeong J. AMP-activated protein kinase is activated in Parkinson's disease models mediated by 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:147-51 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we suggest that activation of AMPK might prevent neuronal cell death and play a role as a survival factor in PD. ..
- Ryu H, Lim J, Byeon Y, Park J, Seo M, Lee Y, et al. Functional recovery and neural differentiation after transplantation of allogenic adipose-derived stem cells in a canine model of acute spinal cord injury. J Vet Sci. 2009;10:273-84 pubmed..These results suggested that improvement in neurological function by the transplantation of ASCs in dogs with spinal cord injury may be partially due to the neural differentiation of implanted stem cells. ..
- Kim H, Kim K, Li H, Chung G, Park C, Kim J, et al. Selectively targeting pain in the trigeminal system. Pain. 2010;150:29-40 pubmed publisher..These data show that selective block of pain signals can be achieved by co-application of QX-314 with TRPV1 agonists. This approach has potential utility in the trigeminal system for treating dental and facial pain. ..
- Park K, Seong S, Park Y, Choi Y, Park J, Lee S, et al. Telomerase reverse transcriptase related with telomerase activity regulates tumorigenic potential of mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:149-57 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggested that mTERT might be potentially beneficial as a biomarker, rather than oncogenes of somatic cells, for the assessment of ESCs tumorigenicity. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, Koh J. The neurosteroids, allopregnanolone and progesterone, induce autophagy in cultured astrocytes. Neurochem Int. 2012;60:125-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, as natural endogenous brain substances, Allo and PG may have a potential as therapeutic agents in neurodegenerative conditions in which abnormal protein aggregates are involved. ..
- Kang Y, Sun B, Park Y, Park C, Jin Y. GABA(A) and GABA(B) receptors have opposite effects on synaptic glutamate release on the nucleus tractus solitarii neurons. Neuroscience. 2012;209:39-46 pubmed publisher..These findings provide cellular mechanisms of heterosynaptic GABA-glutamate integration of peripheral visceral afferent signals in the NTS. ..
- Heo H, Yoo M, Han D, Cho Y, Joung I, Kwon Y. Upregulation of TrkB by forskolin facilitated survival of MSC and functional recovery of memory deficient model rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:796-801 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TrkB expression of hMSCs elevates the neuronal regeneration and efficiency of BDNF delivery for treating degenerative neurological diseases accompanying memory loss. ..
- Kwon K, Cho K, Kim J, Kim M, Lee E, Kim S, et al. Proteinase 3 induces oxidative stress-mediated neuronal death in rat primary cortical neuron. Neurosci Lett. 2013;548:67-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that proteinase 3 is new essential regulator of neuronal cell death pathway in a condition of excess neutrophil encounter in neuroinflammatory conditions. ..
- Li E, Kim Y, Kim S, Park S. Ghrelin-induced hippocampal neurogenesis and enhancement of cognitive function are mediated independently of GH/IGF-1 axis: lessons from the spontaneous dwarf rats. Endocr J. 2013;60:1065-75 pubmed..Our results indicate that ghrelin-induced adult hippocampal neurogenesis and enhancement of cognitive function are mediated independently of somatotropic axis. ..
- Ryu J, Zhang R, Hong B, Yang E, Kang K, Choi M, et al. Phloroglucinol attenuates motor functional deficits in an animal model of Parkinson's disease by enhancing Nrf2 activity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71178 pubmed publisher..e., catalase and glutathione peroxidase, in 6-OHDA-treated cells. Taken together, phloroglucinol has a therapeutic potential for treatment of PD. ..
- Kim J, Kim Y, Nakajima R, Shin A, Jeong M, Park A, et al. Inhibitory Basal Ganglia Inputs Induce Excitatory Motor Signals in the Thalamus. Neuron. 2017;95:1181-1196.e8 pubmed publisher..Thus, BG inhibitory input generates excitatory motor signals in the thalamus and, in excess, promotes PD-like motor abnormalities. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Shim J, Koh H, Chang M, Roh E, Choi C, Oh Y, et al. Enhanced in vitro midbrain dopamine neuron differentiation, dopaminergic function, neurite outgrowth, and 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridium resistance in mouse embryonic stem cells overexpressing Bcl-XL. J Neurosci. 2004;24:843-52 pubmed..These data suggest a role for Bcl-XL during in vitro midbrain DA neuron differentiation and provide an improved system for cell transplantation in a preclinical animal model of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Choi H, Lee S, Cho Y, Hwang O. Inhibition of vesicular monoamine transporter enhances vulnerability of dopaminergic cells: relevance to Parkinson's disease. Neurochem Int. 2005;46:329-35 pubmed
- Chu K, Lee S, Sinn D, Ko S, Kim E, Kim J, et al. Pharmacological Induction of Ischemic Tolerance by Glutamate Transporter-1 (EAAT2) Upregulation. Stroke. 2007;38:177-82 pubmed..05). This study presents evidence that CTX induces ischemic tolerance in focal cerebral ischemia and that this is mediated by GLT-1 upregulation. ..
- Kang M, Kang N, Jang Y, Lee K, Lee H. Gallic acid induces neuronal cell death through activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase and downregulation of Bcl-2. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1171:514-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that the combined effects of dietary phenolic phytochemicals on oxidative neuronal cell death and antioxidants differ in ROS-mediated neuronal cell death. ..
- Chung Y, Bok E, Huh S, Park J, Yoon S, Kim S, et al. Cannabinoid receptor type 1 protects nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons against MPTP neurotoxicity by inhibiting microglial activation. J Immunol. 2011;187:6508-17 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively suggest that the cannabinoid system is beneficial for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and other disorders associated with neuroinflammation and microglia-derived oxidative damage...
- Choi H, Park H, Koh S, Choi N, Yu H, Park J, et al. Coenzyme Q10 protects against amyloid beta-induced neuronal cell death by inhibiting oxidative stress and activating the P13K pathway. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:85-90 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the neuroprotective effects of CoQ10 on A?(25-35) neurotoxicity are mediated by inhibition of oxidative stress together with activation of the PI3-K/Akt pathway. ..
- Woo J, Roh S, Lakshmana M, Kang D. Pivotal role of RanBP9 in integrin-dependent focal adhesion signaling and assembly. FASEB J. 2012;26:1672-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these data indicate that RanBP9 simultaneously inhibits cell-adhesive processes and enhances A? generation by accelerating APP, LRP, and ?1-integrin endocytosis. ..
- Jeong J, Kim H, Lee T, Kim M, Park E, Choi B. Epigallocatechin 3-gallate attenuates neuronal damage induced by 3-hydroxykynurenine. Toxicology. 2004;195:53-60 pubmed..The results suggest that EGCG might be a promising protective substance against the neuronal degenerative diseases. ..
- Choi J, Kim S, Park H, Cha J, Choi Y, Chung J, et al. Differential regulation of ciliary neurotrophic factor and its receptor in the rat hippocampus in response to kainic acid-induced excitotoxicity. Mol Cells. 2004;17:292-6 pubmed
- Choi J, Lee J, Kim H, Chun M, Chung J, Lee M. Developmental expression of Bis protein in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus of rats. Brain Res. 2006;1092:69-78 pubmed..Our results suggest that Bis may contribute to the developmental processes, including the differentiation and maturation of specific neuronal populations in relation to Bcl-2 in the developing rat forebrain. ..
- Kang S, Kim S, Kim S, Jeon S. Temporal and spatial expression of homeotic genes is important for segment-specific neuroblast 6-4 lineage formation in Drosophila. Mol Cells. 2006;21:436-42 pubmed..Our results indicate that temporal and spa-tial expression of the homeotic genes is important to determine segmental-specificity of NB6-4 daughter cells along the anterior-posterior (A/P) axis. ..
- Shin H, Lee Y, Kim H, Park C, Kim J, Wang K, et al. Protective role of COMP-Ang1 in ischemic rat brain. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1052-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, COMP-Ang1 reduced infarct volume and consequently attenuated post-ischemic neurological deficits through enhanced angiogenesis and increased viable cell mass of neuronal cells. ..
- Ryu K, Fujiki N, Kazantzis M, Garza J, Bouley D, Stahl A, et al. Loss of polyubiquitin gene Ubb leads to metabolic and sleep abnormalities in mice. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2010;36:285-99 pubmed publisher..Our data also indicate that Ubb is essential for the maintenance of the ubiquitin levels required for proper regulation of metabolic and sleep behaviours in mice. ..
- Jeong H, Paik Y. MGL-1 on AIY neurons translates starvation to reproductive plasticity via neuropeptide signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2017;430:80-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, MGL-1 is the molecular driver underlying the translation of starvation signals to reproduction plasticity in an AIY neuron-specific manner. ..
- Jang J, Cho H, Park H, Rhim H, Kang S. ALS-linked mutant SOD1 proteins promote A? aggregates in ALS through direct interaction with A?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:697-707 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it will provide new insights into the development of therapeutic approaches for ALS. ..
- Ryu M, Kim D, Kang U, Kim J, Shin H, Lee C, et al. Proteomic analysis of gamma-butyrolactone-treated mouse thalamus reveals dysregulated proteins upon absence seizure. J Neurochem. 2007;102:646-56 pubmed..Our results suggest that absence seizures are associated with restricted functional sets of proteins, whose down-regulation may interfere with general function of neuronal cells. ..
- Lee D, Lee K, Lee H, Noh Y, Kim D, Lee J, et al. Kynurenic acid attenuates MPP(+)-induced dopaminergic neuronal cell death via a Bax-mediated mitochondrial pathway. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:389-97 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that KYNA plays a protective role by down-regulating Bax expression and maintaining mitochondrial function in MPP(+)-induced neuronal cell death, and suggest that KYNA may have therapeutic potential in PD. ..
- Noh M, Koh S, Kim Y, Kim H, Cho G, Kim S. Neuroprotective effects of donepezil through inhibition of GSK-3 activity in amyloid-beta-induced neuronal cell death. J Neurochem. 2009;108:1116-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that donepezil prevents Abeta42-induced neurotoxicity through the activation of phosphoinositide 3 kinase/Akt and inhibition of GSK-3, as well as through the activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. ..
- Park H, Kim S, Kang S, Rhim H. Intracellular Abeta and C99 aggregates induce mitochondria-dependent cell death in human neuroglioma H4 cells through recruitment of the 20S proteasome subunits. Brain Res. 2009;1273:1-8 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicate that intracellular Abeta and C99 aggregates induce mitochondria-dependent apoptotic cell death via elevation of Bax levels as a result of proteasome inhibition in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Cho Y, Son H, Kim E, Choi J, Kim S, Ji I, et al. Doxycycline is neuroprotective against nigral dopaminergic degeneration by a dual mechanism involving MMP-3. Neurotox Res. 2009;16:361-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, doxycycline showed neuroprotective effect on DAergic system both in vitro and in vivo and this appeared to derive from anti-apoptotic and anti-inflammatory mechanisms involving downregulation of MMP-3. ..
- Lim C, Kim S, Ko D, Cho J, Jun J, An S, et al. Differential cytotoxic effects of mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate on blastomere-derived embryonic stem cells and differentiating neurons. Toxicology. 2009;264:145-54 pubmed publisher..These findings might contribute to the development of a new predictive screening method for assessment of hazards for developmental toxicity. ..
- Seok S, Na Y, Han J, Kim T, Jung H, Lee B, et al. Cre/loxP-regulated transgenic zebrafish model for neural progenitor-specific oncogenic Kras expression. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:149-54 pubmed publisher..Finally, our transgenic model demonstrates the inability of Kras(V12) alone to induce brain tumors at the early stage of development. ..
- Kim H, Ju M, Shim J, Kim M, Lee S, Huh Y, et al. Mulberry fruit protects dopaminergic neurons in toxin-induced Parkinson's disease models. Br J Nutr. 2010;104:8-16 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ME has neuroprotective effects in in vitro and in vivo PD models, and that it may be useful in preventing or treating PD...
- Lee C, Hwang D, Kim H, Oh H, Park H, Cho J, et al. Protective effect of Cyperi rhizoma against 6-hydroxydopamine-induced neuronal damage. J Med Food. 2010;13:564-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CRE has neuroprotective effects against 6-OHDA-induced toxicity through antioxidant and anti-apoptotic activities in an in vitro PD model. ..
- Li E, Kim D, Cai M, Lee S, Kim Y, Lim E, et al. Hippocampus-dependent spatial learning and memory are impaired in growth hormone-deficient spontaneous dwarf rats. Endocr J. 2011;58:257-67 pubmed..The behavioral deficits in the SDRs may be explained by altered basal forebrain cholinergic innervation, imbalance in hippocampal glutamatergic/GABAergic synapses, and decreased neurogenesis in the hippocampus. ..
- Lee J, Cho E, Ko Y, Kim I, Lee K, Kwon S, et al. Ibudilast, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor with anti-inflammatory activity, protects against ischemic brain injury in rats. Brain Res. 2012;1431:97-106 pubmed publisher..Expression of various inflammatory mediator molecules in both hemispheres was markedly suppressed by ibudilast. We conclude that ibudilast exerts beneficial effects against acute brain ischemia in an animal model. ..
- Cho B, Choi S, Park O, Sun W, Geum D. Differential expression of BNIP family members of BH3-only proteins during the development and after axotomy in the rat. Mol Cells. 2012;33:605-10 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the expression of BNIPs is differentially regulated depending on the stimuli, and BNIPs may exert unique biological functions. ..
- Yoon K, Lee H, Jo Y, An K, Jung S, Jeong M, et al. Mind bomb-1 is an essential modulator of long-term memory and synaptic plasticity via the Notch signaling pathway. Mol Brain. 2012;5:40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Mib1-mediated Notch signaling is essential for long-lasting synaptic plasticity and memory formation in the rodent hippocampus. ..
- Lee O, Kim J, Kim J, Lee H, Kim E, Bae S, et al. Decreased expression of sirtuin 6 is associated with release of high mobility group box-1 after cerebral ischemia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:388-94 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that SIRT6 may serve as a potential therapeutic target for HMGB1-mediated inflammation after cerebral ischemia. ..
- Kim E, Cho C, Choi S, Ahn J, Yang S, Cho S. 2-Cyclopropylimino-3-methyl-1,3-thiazoline hydrochloride alters lipopolysaccharide-induced proinflammatory cytokines and neuronal morphology in mouse fetal brain. Neuropharmacology. 2016;102:32-41 pubmed publisher..Although the clinical relevance of our findings remains to be determined, our results provide novel insights into KHG26377 as a possible therapeutic agent to protect fetuses against various inflammatory responses. ..
- Seo J, Cho S, Lee I, Lee H. Anatomical and neuropeptidergic properties of the duodenal neurons projecting to the gallbladder in the golden hamster. Arch Histol Cytol. 2002;65:317-21 pubmed..Our data suggest that duodenal neurons around the major duodenal papilla in the golden hamster project to the gallbladder and exert their influence on the gallbladder via neuropeptides such as CGRP, GAL and VIP. ..
- Kang S, Lee K, Koo K, Yoon J, Lim S, Kim Y, et al. ESP-102, a standardized combined extract of Angelica gigas, Saururus chinensis and Schizandra chinensis, significantly improved scopolamine-induced memory impairment in mice. Life Sci. 2005;76:1691-705 pubmed..These results suggest that ESP-102 may have some protective characteristics against neuronal cell death and cognitive impairments often observed in Alzheimer's disease, stroke, ischemic injury and other neurodegenerative diseases...
- Kim Y, Lim H, Song Y, Lee H, Lim S, Han S, et al. Effect of acupuncture on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced nigrostratal dopaminergic neuronal cell death in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2005;384:133-8 pubmed..These effects of acupuncture were not observed for the non-acupoint (hip) acupuncture. The present study shows that acupuncture at the ST36 acupoint can be used as a useful strategy for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Jung K, Chu K, Lee S, Kim J, Sinn D, Kim J, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, celecoxib, inhibits the altered hippocampal neurogenesis with attenuation of spontaneous recurrent seizures following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;23:237-46 pubmed..These findings raise the evidence of COX-2 induction to act importantly on epileptogenesis and suggest a potential therapeutic role for COX-2 inhibitors in chronic epilepsy. ..
- Kim J, Kim J, Park J, Lee S, Kim W, Yu Y, et al. Blood-neural barrier: intercellular communication at glio-vascular interface. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;39:339-45 pubmed..Here, we focused astrocyte-endothelial cell interaction in the formation and function of the BNB...
- Min Y, Lee J, Chung K. Zinc induces cell death in immortalized embryonic hippocampal cells via activation of Akt-GSK-3beta signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:312-21 pubmed..The current data suggest that, following exposure to zinc, the sequential activation of Akt and GSK-3beta plays an important role directing hippocampal neural precursor cell death. ..
- Kim H, Kang S, Yoon S, Roh D, Kwon Y, Han H, et al. Low-frequency electroacupuncture suppresses zymosan-induced peripheral inflammation via activation of sympathetic post-ganglionic neurons. Brain Res. 2007;1148:69-75 pubmed
- Koh S, Noh M, Kim S. Amyloid-beta-induced neurotoxicity is reduced by inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3. Brain Res. 2008;1188:254-62 pubmed..These results suggest that the neurotoxic effect of Abeta42 is mediated by GSK-3beta activation and that inhibition of GSK-3beta can reduce Abeta42-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Kim B, Choi M, Kim Y, Park H, Lee H, Yun C, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) signaling regulates hippocampal neurons by elevation of intracellular calcium and activation of calcium/calmodulin protein kinase II and mammalian target of rapamycin. Cell Signal. 2008;20:714-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that VEGF released from neuronal cells plays a local role in Ca2+ influx and synaptic transmission that may influence the generation of long-term changes in synaptic efficacy. ..
- Choi J, Shin C, Choi M, Yoon S, Ryu J, Lee J, et al. Uridine protects cortical neurons from glucose deprivation-induced death: possible role of uridine phosphorylase. J Neurotrauma. 2008;25:695-707 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study provides the first evidence that uridine protects neurons against ischemic insult-induced neuronal death, possibly through the action of UPase. ..
- Hwang I, Yoo K, Li H, Park O, Lee C, Choi J, et al. Indole-3-propionic acid attenuates neuronal damage and oxidative stress in the ischemic hippocampus. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2126-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IPA protects neurons from ischemia-induced neuronal damage by reducing DNA damage and lipid peroxidation. ..
- Kang M, Ahn K, Kim S, Jeon H, Ji J, Choi J, et al. Hypoxia-induced neuronal apoptosis is mediated by de novo synthesis of ceramide through activation of serine palmitoyltransferase. Cell Signal. 2010;22:610-8 pubmed publisher..Together, the current results suggest that both SPT and GCS may regulate the cellular level of ceramide, and thus may be critical enzymes for deciding the fate of the cells exposed to hypoxia. ..
- Choi I, Lim J, Hwang S, Lee J, Cho G, Kim W. Anti-ischemic and anti-inflammatory activity of (S)-cis-verbenol. Free Radic Res. 2010;44:541-51 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that (S)-cis-verbenol may be a useful therapeutic agent due to its anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities. ..
- Kim J, Lee S, Shim J, Kim H, Kim J, Jang Y, et al. Caffeinated coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and the phenolic phytochemical chlorogenic acid up-regulate NQO1 expression and prevent H?O?-induced apoptosis in primary cortical neurons. Neurochem Int. 2012;60:466-74 pubmed publisher..The neuroprotective efficacy of caffeinated coffee was similar to that of decaffeinated coffee, indicating that active compounds present in both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee, such as chlorogenic acid, may drive the effects. ..
- Kwag J, Paulsen O. Gating of NMDA receptor-mediated hippocampal spike timing-dependent potentiation by mGluR5. Neuropharmacology. 2012;63:701-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that activation of mGluR5 during single-spike pairing at older CA3-CA1 synapses gates NMDA receptor-dependent tLTP. ..
- Hwang I, Yoo K, Kim D, Li H, Park O, Lee C, et al. AlphaII-spectrin breakdown product increases in principal cells in the gerbil main olfactory bulb following transient ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2008;435:251-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that alphaII-spectrin breakdown product in the gerbil MOB is changed in principal cells after ischemic insult. ..
- Lyu J, Costantini F, Jho E, Joo C. Ectopic expression of Axin blocks neuronal differentiation of embryonic carcinoma P19 cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13487-95 pubmed..Overall, our data show that Wnt-3a/canonical beta-catenin signaling through the down-regulation of Axin may play an important role in neuronal differentiation. ..
- Lee S, Han J, Choi J, Huh E, Kwon Y, Kaang B. The effect of brain-derived neurotrophic factor on neuritogenesis and synaptic plasticity in Aplysia neurons and the hippocampal cell line HiB5. Mol Cells. 2003;15:233-9 pubmed..In contrast, BDNF in combination with platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) increases the length of the neurites and the number of spine-like structures in cells of HiB5. ..
- Kang J, Choi S, Park J, Chung K. Regulation of the proapoptotic activity of huntingtin interacting protein 1 by Dyrk1 and caspase-3 in hippocampal neuroprogenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2005;81:62-72 pubmed..The interaction between Dyrk1 and Hip-1 appeared to be differentially modulated by different kinds of stimuli, such as bFGF and etoposide in H19-7 cells. ..
- Moon Y, Lee K, Park J, Geum D, Kim K. Mitochondrial membrane depolarization and the selective death of dopaminergic neurons by rotenone: protective effect of coenzyme Q10. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1199-208 pubmed..These data suggest that mitochondrial depolarization may play a crucial role in rotenone-induced selective apoptosis in rat primary dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Chu K, Jung K, Kim S, Lee S, Kim J, Park H, et al. Transplantation of human neural stem cells protect against ischemia in a preventive mode via hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha stabilization in the host brain. Brain Res. 2008;1207:182-92 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that HIF-1alpha stabilization in human NSCs can be achieved effectively by DFX, and HIF-1alpha-stabilized NSCs protect against ischemia in a preventive mode. ..
- Jeon W, Kim S, Seo M, Kim Y, Kang U, Juhnn Y, et al. Repeated electroconvulsive seizure induces c-Myc down-regulation and Bad inactivation in the rat frontal cortex. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:435-44 pubmed..This finding further supports the trophic effect of ECS blocking apoptosis as a possible therapeutic effect of ECT. ..
- Lee S, Ho W, Lee S. Characterization of somatic Ca2+ clearance mechanisms in young and mature hippocampal granule cells. Cell Calcium. 2009;45:465-73 pubmed publisher..PMCA activity, however, did not increase during maturation. Low Ca(2+) clearance in immature GCs might facilitate higher Ca(2+) accumulation during network activity, which in turn help survival of young GCs. ..
- Lee H, Suk J, Patrick C, Bae E, Cho J, Rho S, et al. Direct transfer of alpha-synuclein from neuron to astroglia causes inflammatory responses in synucleinopathies. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9262-72 pubmed publisher..This transmission step is thus an important mediator of pathogenic glial responses and could qualify as a new therapeutic target. ..
- Kang J, Jiang M, Min H, Jo E, Lee S, Karin M, et al. IKK-?-mediated myeloid cell activation exacerbates inflammation and inhibits recovery after spinal cord injury. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1266-77 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that IKK-?-dependent myeloid cell activation potentiates neuroinflammation and neuronal damage after SCI. ..
- Jin Y, Kim D, Khil L, Oh U, Kim J, Kwak J. Thimerosal decreases TRPV1 activity by oxidation of extracellular sulfhydryl residues. Neurosci Lett. 2004;369:250-5 pubmed..These results suggest that the modification of an extracellular thiol group can alter the activity of TRPV1. Consequently, we propose that such a modulation of the redox state might regulate the physiological activity of TRPV1. ..
- Kim H, Park H, Park H, Chung J. Tranexamic acid protects against rotenone-induced apoptosis in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. Toxicology. 2009;262:171-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that TA is able to protect neuronal cells against apoptosis and suggest that TA might potentially serve as an agent for prevention or therapy of PD. ..
- Eun B, Kim H, Kim S, Kim T, Hong S, Choi K, et al. Induction of Per1 expression following an experimentally induced epilepsy in the mouse hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2011;498:110-3 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the Per1 expression is neuronal activity- and epileptogen-dependent, although its functional significance is remained to be explored. ..
- Yoon S, Choi M, Chang M, Baik J. Wnt5a-dopamine D2 receptor interactions regulate dopamine neuron development via extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) activation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15641-51 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the interaction between D2R and Wnt5a has an important role in dopamine neuron development in association with EGFR and the ERK pathway. ..
- Kang H, Min S, Jung S, Jung K, Jang D, Kim O, et al. The potential of mouse skin-derived precursors to differentiate into mesenchymal and neural lineages and their application to osteogenic induction in vivo. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:1001-11 pubmed publisher..In addition, SKP-derived mesenchymal stem cells represent an accessible, potentially autologous source of precursor cells for tissue-engineered bone repair. ..
- Ki Y, Park J, Lee J, Shin I, Koh H. JNK and p38 MAPK regulate oxidative stress and the inflammatory response in chlorpyrifos-induced apoptosis. Toxicol Lett. 2013;218:235-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the JNK and p38 MAPK pathways might be critical mediators in CPF-induced neuronal apoptosis by both generating ROS and up-regulating COX-2. ..
- Noh K, Kim Y, Koh J. Mediation by membrane protein kinase C of zinc-induced oxidative neuronal injury in mouse cortical cultures. J Neurochem. 1999;72:1609-16 pubmed
- Kim D, Park D, Choi S, Lee S, Sun M, Kim C, et al. Thalamic control of visceral nociception mediated by T-type Ca2+ channels. Science. 2003;302:117-9 pubmed..These results indicate that T-type Ca2+ channels underlie an antinociceptive mechanism operating in the thalamus andsupport the idea that burst firing plays a critical role in sensory gating in the thalamus. ..