Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nerve tissue proteins in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: nerve tissue proteins
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- Kim T, Paik S, Yang C. Structural and functional implications of C-terminal regions of alpha-synuclein. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13782-90 pubmed
- Lee K, Kim M, Kim D, Lee Y. Syntaxin 1A and receptor for activated C kinase interact with the N-terminal region of human dopamine transporter. Neurochem Res. 2004;29:1405-9 pubmed
- Kang H, Lee C, Kim J, Yu S, Kang S, Moon D, et al. Gene expression analysis of the pro-oestrous-stage rat uterus reveals neuroligin 2 as a novel steroid-regulated gene. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2004;16:763-72 pubmed..These results indicate that neuroligin 2 gene expression in the rat uterus is under the control of both E(2) and P(4), which are secreted periodically during the oestrous cycle. ..
- Choi J, Lee J, Kim H, Chun M, Chung J, Lee M. Developmental expression of Bis protein in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus of rats. Brain Res. 2006;1092:69-78 pubmed..Our results suggest that Bis may contribute to the developmental processes, including the differentiation and maturation of specific neuronal populations in relation to Bcl-2 in the developing rat forebrain. ..
- Kim H, Park H, Jung K, Ban J, Ra J, Kim J, et al. Association study of polymorphisms between DISC1 and schizophrenia in a Korean population. Neurosci Lett. 2008;430:60-3 pubmed..015). Our results suggest that DISC1 may be a susceptibility gene for poor concentration among Korean patients with SCZ. ..
- Chang E, Im Y, Kay E, Kim J, Lee J, Lee H. The role of nerve growth factor in hyperosmolar stress induced apoptosis. J Cell Physiol. 2008;216:69-77 pubmed publisher..This conclusion suggests that enhanced NGF expression may be beneficial in recovering corneal damage due to chronic hyperosmolar stress. ..
- Park W, Lee S, Kwon N, Baek K, Kim D, Yun H. Leucine-rich glioma inactivated 3 associates with syntaxin 1. Neurosci Lett. 2008;444:240-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, LGI3 may play a regulatory role in neuronal exocytosis via its interaction with syntaxin 1. ..
- Park C, Lee J, Oh Y, Shim S, Nah W, Choi K, et al. Expression of claudin-1 and -11 in immature and mature pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) testes. Theriogenology. 2011;75:445-58 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the claudins expression at BTB in avian testis. ..
- Shin Y, Park J, Cho J, Cha J, Kim S, Lee M. Induction of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 expression in perivascular cells of the ischemic core following focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Acta Histochem. 2013;115:170-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicated that vasculature-associated VEGFR-3-expressing cells in the ischemic core may represent a heterogeneous population of cells with functional diversity, rather than a uniform cell type. ..
- Ko A, Shin J, Seo J, Lee K, Lee E, Lee M, et al. Acceleration of gastric tumorigenesis through MKRN1-mediated posttranslational regulation of p14ARF. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:1660-72 pubmed publisher..8mm(3), difference = 300.2mm(3), 95% CI = 189.1 to 411.3mm(3), P < .001). We demonstrated that MKRN1 functions as a novel E3 ligase of p14ARF and that it potentially regulates cellular senescence and tumorigenesis in gastric cancer. ..
- Oh K, Shin D, Oh G, Noh K. Dopamine transporter genotype influences the attention deficit in Korean boys with ADHD. Yonsei Med J. 2003;44:787-92 pubmed..This study found that the 10/10 genotype made less omission errors on the T.O.V.A. This suggests that the dopamine transporter genotype influences the attention deficits measured by T.O.V.A. ..
- Jyoung J, Hong S, Lee W, Choi J. Immunosensor for the detection of Vibrio cholerae O1 using surface plasmon resonance. Biosens Bioelectron. 2006;21:2315-9 pubmed..The target bacteria, V. cholera O1, was measured with the fabricated immunosensor, whose detection range was between 10(5) and 10(9) cells/mL. ..
- Je E, Gwak M, Oh H, Choi M, Choi Y, Lee S, et al. Frameshift mutations of axon guidance genes ROBO1 and ROBO2 in gastric and colorectal cancers with microsatellite instability. Pathology. 2013;45:645-50 pubmed publisher..Frameshift mutations of ROBO1 and ROBO2 genes and alteration of ROBO2 expression in GC and CRC suggest that both genes might play roles in the pathogenesis of GC and CRC. ..
- Urnukhsaikhan E, Cho H, Mishig Ochir T, Seo Y, Park J. Pulsed electromagnetic fields promote survival and neuronal differentiation of human BM-MSCs. Life Sci. 2016;151:130-138 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the PI3K/Akt/Bad signaling pathway may be a possible mechanism for the cell-protective effects of PEMF. ..
- Ahn B, Kim S. Pyodermatitis-pyostomatitis vegetans with circulating autoantibodies to bullous pemphigoid antigen 230. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004;50:785-8 pubmed..We consider that the circulating autoantibodies to the bullous pemphigoid antigen 230 in this patient were an epiphenomenon, resulting from epidermal damage induced by inflammation of pyodermatitis-pyostomatitis vegetans...
- Park Y, Hong S, Kim S, Kang S. Proteasome function is inhibited by polyglutamine-expanded ataxin-1, the SCA1 gene product. Mol Cells. 2005;19:23-30 pubmed
- Han J, Lee C, Cheang Y, Kaang B. Suppression of long-term facilitation by Rab3-effector protein interaction. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;139:13-22 pubmed..In conclusion, our data suggest that apRab3 may act as a negative clamp of LTF through the interaction with effector protein(s), possibly Rim. ..
- Kim D, Yang W, Kim S, Park I, Chung K. Expression of neurotrophin receptors in surgically resected thymic epithelial tumors. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2005;28:611-6 pubmed..Among the neurotrophin receptors examined, the pattern of p75(NTR) expression closely correlated with the WHO subtypes of thymomas. Further study of p75(NTR) expression may aid in understanding the biology of thymic epithelial tumors. ..
- Lee S, Chu K, Park J, Kang L, Ko S, Jung K, et al. Memantine reduces striatal cell death with decreasing calpain level in 3-nitropropionic model of Huntington's disease. Brain Res. 2006;1118:199-207 pubmed..Subsequently, memantine was found to have neuroprotective effects and save striatal cells with decreasing calpain levels in the 3NP model of Huntington's disease. ..
- Yoon S, Choi J, Haam J, Choe H, Kim D. Reduction of mint-1, mint-2, and APP overexpression in okadaic acid-treated neurons. Neuroreport. 2007;18:1879-83 pubmed..We also show that the mint-1 and mint-2 cleavage and APP overexpression were prevented by calpain inhibitor-I and inhibitor-II. These results indicate that mint cleavage might play a role in the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Kim J, Kim J, Yang E, Park J, Yu Y, Kim K. Shank 2 expression coincides with neuronal differentiation in the developing retina. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:236-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggests that Shank 2 is expressed in the neurons of the developing retina and could play a critical role in the neuronal differentiation of the developing retina. ..
- Park Y, Jang Y, Kwon Y. Isoflavones prevent endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated neuronal degeneration by inhibiting tau hyperphosphorylation in SH-SY5Y cells. J Med Food. 2009;12:528-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results clearly demonstrate that isoflavones prevent ER stress-mediated neurotoxicity by inhibiting tau hyperphosphorylation in SH-SY5Y cells. ..
- Kang D, Jung K, Kim S, Jeon S. Computational-aided identification of genes regulated by the Drosophila vnd. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:355-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results obtained from this study indicate that expression of at least four genes, uzip, CG7687, SytIV, and ase, are regulated by Vnd. ..
- Yi S, Hwang I, Kim D, Shin J, Nam S, Choi J, et al. The chronological characteristics of SOD1 activity and inflammatory response in the hippocampi of STZ-induced type 1 diabetic rats. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:117-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to investigate chronological changes in SOD1 immunoreactivity associated with lipid peroxidation and inflammatory responses in the hippocampi of STZ-induced type I diabetic rats. ..
- Moon Y, Choi S, Kim K, Kim H, Sun W. Expression of connexin29 and 32 in the penumbra region after traumatic brain injury of mice. Neuroreport. 2010;21:1135-9 pubmed publisher..Highly selective induction of Cxs in the injury border suggests that altered Cxs may contribute to the propagations of injury-related and/or regeneration signals after acute brain injury. ..
- Beck S, Jin X, Sohn Y, Kim J, Kim S, Yin J, et al. Telomerase activity-independent function of TERT allows glioma cells to attain cancer stem cell characteristics by inducing EGFR expression. Mol Cells. 2011;31:9-15 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that TERT plays a crucial role in tumor progression by promoting cancer stemness through expression of EGFR. ..
- Yoo S, Ryu V, Park E, Kim B, Kang D, Lee J, et al. The arcuate NPY, POMC, and CART expressions responding to food deprivation are exaggerated in young female rats that experienced neonatal maternal separation. Neuropeptides. 2011;45:343-9 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that MS experience may increase stress vulnerability in female rats and exaggerate the feeding peptides expression in the arcuate nucleus responding to metabolic stress food deprivation. ..
- Jeong D, Chang W, Hwang Y, Lee D, Chang J. Decrease of GABAergic markers and arc protein expression in the frontal cortex by intraventricular 192 IgG-saporin. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2011;32:70-8 pubmed publisher..Spatial memory impairment was associated with cholinergic basal forebrain injury as well as frontocortical GABAergic hypofunction and synaptic plasticity deceleration. ..
- Jo Y, Kim H, Lee J, Lee S, Cho C, Kang I, et al. MCPH1 protein expression and polymorphisms are associated with risk of breast cancer. Gene. 2013;517:184-90 pubmed publisher..The MCPH1 polymorphisms and protein expression were associated with tumorigenesis in breast cancer and may be a useful biomarker for identification of the aggressive types of breast cancer. ..
- Kim J, Jung S, Bae J, Lee H, Yim S, Park S, et al. Deletion variants of RABGAP1L, 10q21.3, and C4 are associated with the risk of systemic lupus erythematosus in Korean women. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:1055-63 pubmed publisher..9×10(-4)). These CNV regions can be useful to identify the pathogenic mechanisms of SLE, and might be used to more accurately predict the risk of SLE by taking into consideration their synergistic effects on disease susceptibility. ..
- Li E, Kim Y, Kim S, Park S. Ghrelin-induced hippocampal neurogenesis and enhancement of cognitive function are mediated independently of GH/IGF-1 axis: lessons from the spontaneous dwarf rats. Endocr J. 2013;60:1065-75 pubmed..Our results indicate that ghrelin-induced adult hippocampal neurogenesis and enhancement of cognitive function are mediated independently of somatotropic axis. ..
- Ko H, Oh S, Zhuo M, Kaang B. Reduced acute nociception and chronic pain in Shank2-/- mice. Mol Pain. 2016;12: pubmed publisher..Thus, in this study, we used Shank2(-) (/) (-) (Shank2 knock-out, KO) mice to investigate the controversial pain sensitivity issue and found that Shank2 KO mice showed reduced tactile perception and analgesia to chronic pain. ..
- Kwon Y, Kim J, Kim C, Tu T, Kim M, Suk K, et al. Hypothalamic lipid-laden astrocytes induce microglia migration and activation. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1742-1751 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the lipid-laden astrocytes formed in free fatty acid-rich obese condition may participate in obesity-induced hypothalamic inflammation through promoting microglia migration and activation. ..
- Lee I, Kim G, Bae J, Kim J, Rhee K, Hwang D. The DNA replication protein Cdc6 inhibits the microtubule-organizing activity of the centrosome. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16267-16276 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel function for Cdc6 in coordinating centrosome assembly and function. ..
- Kim T, Kim T, Huang T, Jang J, Kim M, Kim H, et al. Local exposure of 849 MHz and 1763 MHz radiofrequency radiation to mouse heads does not induce cell death or cell proliferation in brain. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:294-303 pubmed..From these data, we conclude that the chronic exposure to 849 MHz and 1763 MHz RF radiation at a 7.8 W/kg specific absorption rate (SAR) could not induce cellular alterations such as proliferation, death, and reactive gliosis. ..
- Shin J, Kim J. Novel alternative splice variants of chicken NPAS3 are expressed in the developing central nervous system. Gene. 2013;530:222-8 pubmed publisher..Still, identification of proper cDNA sequences for cNPAS3 should represent a solid beginning of the understanding process. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Kang M, Oh S, Lee T, Muller M, et al. Ubiquitin ligase MKRN1 modulates telomere length homeostasis through a proteolysis of hTERT. Genes Dev. 2005;19:776-81 pubmed..Our data suggest that MKRN1 plays an important role in modulating telomere length homeostasis through a dynamic balance involving hTERT protein stability. ..
- Kim W, Kim Y, Eun B, Park O, Kim H, Kim K, et al. Impaired migration in the rostral migratory stream but spared olfactory function after the elimination of programmed cell death in Bax knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14392-403 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PCD is involved in the regulation of RMS migration and differentiation after OB neurogenesis, but that animals maintain normal olfactory function in the absence of PCD. ..
- Rengaraj D, Lee B, Park K, Lee S, Kang K, Choi J, et al. The distribution of neuron-specific gene family member 1 in brain and germ cells: Implications for the regulation of germ-line development by brain. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:850-61 pubmed publisher..Expression of NSG1 in two apparently unrelated cell types such as neurons and germ cells suggests NSG1 roles in neurons and germ-cells chemotaxis and endocytotic machinery...
- Bae S, Kim D, Shin S, Choi J, Park K. Src regulates membrane trafficking of the Kv3.1b channel. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:86-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Src kinase may play an important role in regulating membrane trafficking of Kv3.1b channels. ..
- Kim J, Kim Ha J. Ovarian tumors in Rbp9 mutants of Drosophila induce an immune response. Mol Cells. 2006;22:228-32 pubmed..Inactivation of NF-kappaB in the Rbp9 mutant allows prolonged survival of malformed egg chambers. We conclude that Drosophila initiates an anti-tumor defense response via activation of NF-kappaB. ..
- Kim H, Noh J, Hong S, Hwang Y, Yang T, Lee M, et al. Rosiglitazone stimulates the release and synthesis of insulin by enhancing GLUT-2, glucokinase and BETA2/NeuroD expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:623-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RGZ could stimulate the release and synthesis of insulin through the upregulation of GLUT-2, GCK, and BETA2/NeuroD gene expression. ..
- Hong K, Kim J, Hong J, Yoon H, Lee J, Hong S, et al. Inhibition of Akt activity induces the mesenchymal-to-epithelial reverting transition with restoring E-cadherin expression in KB and KOSCC-25B oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2009;28:28 pubmed publisher..We also investigate whether inhibition of Akt activity would affect the E-cadherin repressors and signaling molecules like NF-kappaB, ERK, and p38...
- Lee H, Han J, Lee S, Park J, Kim K. Meteorin promotes the formation of GFAP-positive glia via activation of the Jak-STAT3 pathway. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1959-68 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that meteorin promotes GFAP-positive glia formation by mediating the Jak-STAT3 signaling pathway during both cortical stem cell differentiation and retinal glia development. ..
- Mo J, Lee D, Hong S, Han S, Yeo H, Sun W, et al. Preso regulation of dendritic outgrowth through PI(4,5)P2-dependent PDZ interaction with ?Pix. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:1960-70 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PIP(2) is a key signalling molecule that regulates dendritic outgrowth through activation of small GTPase signalling via interaction between Preso and ?Pix. ..
- Lee S, Lee A, Park W, Jun D, Kwon N, Baek K, et al. Mouse LGI3 gene: expression in brain and promoter analysis. Gene. 2006;372:8-17 pubmed
- Kang S, Choi S, Park E, Chae S, Choi S, Jin Joo H, et al. Neuroprotective effects of magnesium-sulfate on ischemic injury mediated by modulating the release of glutamate and reduced of hyperreperfusion. Brain Res. 2011;1371:121-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MgSO(4) is responsible for the protection of neuronal cells by suppressing the release of extracellular glutamate under ischemic conditions and the CBF response during the initial reperfusion period. ..
- Kim Ha J, Kim J, Kim Y. Requirement of RBP9, a Drosophila Hu homolog, for regulation of cystocyte differentiation and oocyte determination during oogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2505-14 pubmed..Therefore, the concentrated localization of RBP9 protein in the oocyte of the early egg chambers may be required for proper oocyte determination or positioning. ..
- Lee E, Kim H, Lim E, Kim I, Kang W, Oh S, et al. AII amacrine cells in the mammalian retina show disabled-1 immunoreactivity. J Comp Neurol. 2004;470:372-81 pubmed
- Yi S, Jo A, Park C, Koh H, Park R, Suh Kim H, et al. Mash1 and neurogenin 2 enhance survival and differentiation of neural precursor cells after transplantation to rat brains via distinct modes of action. Mol Ther. 2008;16:1873-82 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest potential benefits of bHLH gene manipulation to develop successful transplantation strategies for brain disorders. ..
- Park S, Chun Y, Park K, Kim S, Choi S, Kim H, et al. Identification of subdomains in NADPH oxidase-4 critical for the oxygen-dependent regulation of TASK-1 K+ channels. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C855-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that O2 binding with NOX4 per se controls TASK-1 activity. In this process, the heme moiety and FBD seem to be responsible for the NOX4 regulation of TASK-1, and p22 might support the NOX4-TASK-1 interaction. ..
- Jee M, Jung J, Im Y, Jung S, Kang S. Silencing of miR20a is crucial for Ngn1-mediated neuroprotection in injured spinal cord. Hum Gene Ther. 2012;23:508-20 pubmed publisher..In this study, we showed that abnormal expression of miR20a induces secondary injury, which suggests that miR20a could be a potential target for therapeutic intervention following SCI. ..
- Jeong S, Kim M, Chang K, Kim H, Park C, Suh Y. Huntingtin is localized in the nucleus during preimplanatation embryo development in mice. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2006;24:81-5 pubmed..Following this stage, huntingtin was mainly localized in the cytoplasm and co-localized with mitotic spindles. These data suggest that the nuclear targeting of normal huntingtin is required during early embryo development in mice. ..
- Lee K, Kwak Y, Kim D, Chang M, Lee Y, Lee Y. Human zinc finger protein 161, a novel transcriptional activator of the dopamine transporter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:969-76 pubmed..Both the HY1 sequence and the downstream region were necessary for activation of the hDAT promoter by ZFP161. This finding suggests that the site of cofactor interaction with ZFP161 may exist downstream of HY1. ..
- Kim J, Lee J, Song Y, Park C, Hwang S, Kim Y, et al. Overexpression of calbindin-D28K in hippocampal progenitor cells increases neuronal differentiation and neurite outgrowth. FASEB J. 2006;20:109-11 pubmed..Together, these findings establish the novel calbindin-regulated function of CaMKII and NeuroD in control of neuronal differentiation and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Shin Y, Choi J, Choi J, Hou Y, Cha J, Chun M, et al. Induction of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 mRNA in glial cells following focal cerebral ischemia in rats. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;229:81-90 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that VEGFR-3 may be involved in the glial reaction and possibly in the recruitment of monocytic macrophages during ischemic insults. ..
- Shim J, Sternberg P, Lee J. Distinct and redundant functions of mu1 medium chains of the AP-1 clathrin-associated protein complex in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2743-56 pubmed..Thus, apm-1 and unc-101 encode two highly related micro1 chains that share redundant and distinct functions within AP-1 clathrin-associated protein complexes of the same tissue. ..
- Ha H, Cho I, Lee K, Lee K, Song J, Kim K, et al. The axon guidance defect of the telencephalic commissures of the JSAP1-deficient brain was partially rescued by the transgenic expression of JIP1. Dev Biol. 2005;277:184-99 pubmed
- Park C, Kang J, Kim J, Chung S, Koh J, Yoon E, et al. Differential actions of the proneural genes encoding Mash1 and neurogenins in Nurr1-induced dopamine neuron differentiation. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2310-20 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that Mash1 contributes to the generation of DA neurons in cooperation with Nurr1 in the developing midbrain whereas atonal-related bHLH genes inhibit the process. ..
- Kim S, Lim M, Kang S, Lee Y, Kang K. Impaired functions of neural stem cells by abnormal nitric oxide-mediated signaling in an in vitro model of Niemann-Pick type C disease. Cell Res. 2008;18:686-94 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that overproduction of NO in NPC disease impaired the self-renewal of NSCs. Control of NO production may be key for the treatment of NPC disease. ..
- Kim H, Ha C, Choi J, Choi E, Jeon J, Kim C, et al. Ontogeny and the possible function of a novel epidermal growth factor-like repeat domain-containing protein, NELL2, in the rat brain. J Neurochem. 2002;83:1389-400 pubmed
- Lee S, Choi J, Lee N, Lee H, Kim J, Yu N, et al. Synaptic protein degradation underlies destabilization of retrieved fear memory. Science. 2008;319:1253-6 pubmed publisher..It also provides strong evidence for the existence of reorganization processes whereby preexisting memory is disrupted by protein degradation, and updated memory is reconsolidated by protein synthesis. ..
- Kim S, Yang D, Myeong J, Ha K, Kim S, Park E, et al. Regulation of calcium influx and signaling pathway in cancer cells via TRPV6-Numb1 interaction. Cell Calcium. 2013;53:102-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provided evidence for a Ca(2+)-regulated cancer cell signaling pathway and that the Ca(2+) channel is a target of cancer cells. ..
- Kim J, Shin M, Seo T, Ji E, Baek S, Lee S, et al. Treadmill exercise ameliorates motor disturbance through inhibition of apoptosis in the cerebellum of valproic acid-induced autistic rat pups. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:327-34 pubmed publisher..The therapeutic effect of treadmill exercise on motor deficits may be due to the reelin-mediated anti-apoptotic effect on cerebellar Purkinje neurons. ..
- Park C, Kim M, Fang Z, Li H, Jung S, Choi S, et al. Functional expression of thermo-transient receptor potential channels in dental primary afferent neurons: implication for tooth pain. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17304-11 pubmed..Accordingly, blockade of thermo-TRP channels will provide a novel therapeutic intervention for the treatment of tooth pain. ..
- Jo A, Park C, Aizawa S, Lee S. Contrasting and brain region-specific roles of neurogenin2 and mash1 in GABAergic neuron differentiation in vitro. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:4066-81 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrated that Otx2, the expression of which is developmentally confined to the regions anterior to the isthmus, is a factor responsible for the anterior-posterior region-dependent opposite effects of the bHLH proteins. ..
- Lee J, Lim C, Lee S, Kim H, Nukina N, Kaang B. Aggregate formation and the impairment of long-term synaptic facilitation by ectopic expression of mutant huntingtin in Aplysia neurons. J Neurochem. 2003;85:160-9 pubmed..This study demonstrates the stability of polyQ-based aggregates and their specific effects on long-term synaptic plasticity. ..
- Lee J, Richter W, Namkung W, Kim K, Kim E, Conti M, et al. Dynamic regulation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator by competitive interactions of molecular adaptors. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10414-22 pubmed
- Ahn B, Rhim H, Kim S, Sung Y, Lee M, Choi J, et al. alpha-Synuclein interacts with phospholipase D isozymes and inhibits pervanadate-induced phospholipase D activation in human embryonic kidney-293 cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12334-42 pubmed..These results suggest that the association of alpha-synuclein with PLD, and modulation of PLD activity, is biologically important, but PLD does not appear to play an essential role in the pathophysiology of alpha-synuclein. ..
- Jeong K, Kim Ha J. Precocious expression of Drosophila Rbp9 inhibits ovarian germ cell proliferation. Mol Cells. 2004;18:230-6 pubmed..Therefore the precise onset of Rbp9 expression in germarium region 2a is critical for inhibiting their further proliferation and achieving their correct differentiation. ..
- Park J, Kim Y, Lee S, Park J, Park Z, Sun W, et al. SNX18 shares a redundant role with SNX9 and modulates endocytic trafficking at the plasma membrane. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1742-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that SNX18 functions with SNX9 in multiple pathways of endocytosis at the plasma membrane and that they are functionally redundant. ..
- Nah W, Lee J, Park H, Park N, Gye M. Claudin-11 expression increased in spermatogenic defect in human testes. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:385-8 pubmed publisher..The late spermatogenic wave may negatively regulate claudin-11 gene activation and the subcellular localization of claudin-11 in Sertoli cells, thus altering the BTB in the human testis. ..
- Park S, Lee Y, Han H, Kweon O. Role of laminin-111 in neurotrophin-3 production of canine adipose-derived stem cells: involvement of Akt, mTOR, and p70S6K. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:3251-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, laminin-111 increases NT3 production through Akt, mTOR, and p70S6K pathways via integrin ?1 in cADSCs cultured in NIM...
- Lee H, Youn S, Cho H, Kwon Y, Lee S, Kim S, et al. FOXO1 impairs whereas statin protects endothelial function in diabetes through reciprocal regulation of Kruppel-like factor 2. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;97:143-52 pubmed publisher..High-glucose-induced, FOXO1-mediated KLF2 suppression was reversed by atorvastatin, suggesting that intensive statin treatment could be a therapeutic option in diabetic vascular dysfunction. ..
- Lee T, Kim S, Lee K, Jin H, Koo S, Jo I, et al. Quantitative analysis of SMN1 gene and estimation of SMN1 deletion carrier frequency in Korean population based on real-time PCR. J Korean Med Sci. 2004;19:870-3 pubmed..Since the prevalence of SMA is higher than other autosomal recessive disorders, the carrier detection method using real-time PCR could be a useful tool for genetic counseling. ..
- Moon H, Ahn M, Park J, Min K, Kwon Y, Kim K. Negative regulation of hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha by necdin. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3797-801 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that necdin can be a novel negative regulator of HIF-1alpha stability via the direct interaction. ..
- Cho K, Lee B, Cheon S, Kim H, Kim H, Kim G. Inhibition of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 reduces endoplasmic reticulum stress and nuclear huntingtin fragments in a mouse model of Huntington disease. Neuroscience. 2009;163:1128-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, regulating the amounts and activity of the Ask1 protein is a novel strategy for treatment of HD. ..
- Park J, Shim M, Jin M, Rhyu M, Lee Y. Methyl syringate, a TRPA1 agonist represses hypoxia-induced cyclooxygenase-2 in lung cancer cells. Phytomedicine. 2016;23:324-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that methyl syringate could be effective to suppress hypoxia-induced inflammation and indicate an additional functional effect of methyl syringate. ..
- Kim J, Lee K, Han S, Chung Y. Decreased striatal dopamine transporter binding in a patient with extrapontine myelinolysis. Mov Disord. 2003;18:342-5 pubmed
- Lee J, Cho G, Choi B, Kim H, Kim W. Aging exacerbates intracerebral hemorrhage-induced brain injury. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:1567-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ICH causes more severe brain injury in aged rats most likely due to overactivation of microglia/macrophages and concomitant repression of reactive astrocytes. ..
- Lee S, Park T, Won S, Song J, Lee K, Choi J, et al. Three-way translocation involving MLL, MLLT1, and a novel third partner, NRXN1, in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and t(2;19;11) (p12;p13.3;q23). Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;197:32-8 pubmed publisher..The apparent three-way translocation thus identified is noteworthy because few studies have reported complex rearrangements involving 11q23 and 19p13.3 in acute leukemias. ..
- Jang Y, Lee M, Choi S, Kim M, Chin H, Jeong S, et al. Expression of B/K protein in the hippocampus of kainate-induced rat seizure model. Brain Res. 2004;999:203-11 pubmed
- Li E, Kim Y, Kim S, Sato T, Kojima M, Park S. Ghrelin stimulates proliferation, migration and differentiation of neural progenitors from the subventricular zone in the adult mice. Exp Neurol. 2014;252:75-84 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ghrelin is involved in the regulation of proliferation of progenitor cells in the SVZ, the number of migratory neuroblasts in the SVZ, and the differentiation of interneurons in the OB. ..
- Xu Y, Kim H, Joo Y, Choi Y, Chang K, Park C, et al. Intracellular domains of amyloid precursor-like protein 2 interact with CP2 transcription factor in the nucleus and induce glycogen synthase kinase-3beta expression. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:79-91 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that APLP2-ICDs contribute to the AD pathogenesis, by inducing GSK-3beta expression through the interaction with CP2 transcription factor in the nucleus. ..
- Yi S, Hwang I, Shin J, Baek S, Yoon Y, Seong J. Neuronal differentiation and developmental characteristics in the dentate gyrus of staggerer mutant mice. BMB Rep. 2010;43:122-6 pubmed..These results suggest that staggerer mutation has an influence on the neuronal differentiation and development not only in cerebellum but also in dentate gyrus. ..