Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on multiprotein complexes in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: multiprotein complexes
- Kim D, Nam B, Li J, Park J, Lee S, Kim D, et al. Translationally controlled tumour protein is associated with podocyte hypertrophy in a mouse model of type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2012;55:1205-17 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TCTP might play an important role in the process of podocyte hypertrophy under diabetic conditions via the regulation of mTORC1 activity and the induction of cell-cycle arrest. ..
- Kim T, Kim H, Yoon J, Kang H. Recruitment of the Swi/Snf complex by Ste12-Tec1 promotes Flo8-Mss11-mediated activation of STA1 expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9542-56 pubmed
- Han J, Park B, Park S, Oh Y, Choi S, Lee S, et al. AIMP2/p38, the scaffold for the multi-tRNA synthetase complex, responds to genotoxic stresses via p53. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11206-11 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that AIMP2, a component of the translational machinery, functions as proapoptotic factor via p53 in response to DNA damage. ..
- Kim H, Jeong H, Lim S, Jung G. Snail inhibits Notch1 intracellular domain mediated transcriptional activation via competing with MAML1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:6-10 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Snail inhibited NICD-mediated transcriptional activation of target genes by physical interaction with NICD. ..
- Jin H, Hong S, Kim J, Choi H, Kim K, An S, et al. Sustained overexpression of Redd1 leads to Akt activation involved in cell survival. Cancer Lett. 2013;336:319-24 pubmed publisher..This finding highlights the importance of Akt activation as a therapeutic target to overcome resistance to chemotherapy. ..
- Kim J, Kim Y, Fang C, Russell R, Kim J, Fan W, et al. Differential regulation of distinct Vps34 complexes by AMPK in nutrient stress and autophagy. Cell. 2013;152:290-303 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an intricate molecular regulation of Vps34 complexes by AMPK in nutrient stress response and autophagy. ..
- ..Korzeniowski et al (2010) and Muik et al (2011; this issue) now identified an autoinhibitory domain in STIM1 that occludes SOAR. Release of SOAR involves a conformational transition that is aided by the Orai1 C–C domain. ..
- Noh J, Bae H, Eun J, Shen Q, Park S, Kim H, et al. HDAC2 provides a critical support to malignant progression of hepatocellular carcinoma through feedback control of mTORC1 and AKT. Cancer Res. 2014;74:1728-38 pubmed publisher..Cancer Res; 74(6); 1728-38. ©2014 AACR. ..
- Kim Y, Choi S, Choi M, Oh M, Lee S, Cho M, et al. Cell adhesion-dependent cofilin serine 3 phosphorylation by the integrin-linked kinase.c-Src complex. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10089-96 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides evidence for a new signaling connection from ILK to cofilin for dynamic actin polymerization during cell adhesion, depending on the activity of ILK-associated c-Src. ..
- Eun B, Lee Y, Hong S, Kim J, Lee H, Kim K, et al. Hes6 controls cell proliferation via interaction with cAMP-response element-binding protein-binding protein in the promyelocytic leukemia nuclear body. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5939-49 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the Hes6-CBP complex in PML-NB may influence the proliferation of cells via p53-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Rhee K, Nam K, Lee W, Ko Y, Kim E, Hwang K. Expression, purification, and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the complex of G(alphai3)-RGS5 from human with GDP/Mg2+)/AlF4-. Protein Pept Lett. 2006;13:945-9 pubmed..9 A, and c=138.8 A. Assuming one complex protein in the crystallographic asymmetric unit, the calculated Matthews parameter (V(M)) is 2.57 A(3)/Da and solvent content is 52.2 %. ..
- Shao X, Kang H, Loveless T, Lee G, Seok C, Weis W, et al. Cell-cell adhesion in metazoans relies on evolutionarily conserved features of the ?-catenin·?-catenin-binding interface. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16477-16490 pubmed publisher..elegans Our data provide novel insights into how cadherin-dependent cell-cell adhesion is modulated in metazoans by conserved elements as well as features unique to specific organisms. ..
- Pyo Y, Kwon K, Kim A, Cho M. Seedling Lethal1, a pentatricopeptide repeat protein lacking an E/E+ or DYW domain in Arabidopsis, is involved in plastid gene expression and early chloroplast development. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1844-58 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that SEL1 is involved in the regulation of plastid gene expression required for normal chloroplast development. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, Kang H, Oh G, Kim T. Two distinct domains of Flo8 activator mediates its role in transcriptional activation and the physical interaction with Mss11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:202-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings provide valuable clues for understanding the molecular mechanism of Flo8-mediated transcriptional control of multiple targets. ..
- Kim E, Yoon S, Kim E, Kim Y, Lee H, Kim K, et al. Function of COP9 signalosome in regulation of mouse oocytes meiosis by regulating MPF activity and securing degradation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25870 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the CSN3 and CSN5 are involved in oocyte meiosis by regulating degradation of Cyclin B1 and Securin via APC/C. ..
- Park H, Lee S, Kim S, Han J, Bae J, Kim S, et al. IL-10 inhibits the starvation induced autophagy in macrophages via class I phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) pathway. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:720-7 pubmed publisher..These results will advance our understanding of the physiological function of IL-10 during the autophagic process of macrophage. ..
- Min K, Kwon M, Park H, Park Y, Yoon S, Yoon J. CAND1 enhances deneddylation of CUL1 by COP9 signalosome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:867-74 pubmed..Our data suggest that enhancement of CSN-mediated deneddylation by CAND1 may contribute to its function as a positive regulator of SCFs in vivo. ..
- Moon S, Chung Y. p53 and PI3K/AKT signalings are up-regulated in flies with defects in the THO complex. Mol Cells. 2013;35:261-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together our results suggested that both p53 and PI3K/AKT signalings are up-regulated in the flies with impaired THO. ..
- Cho W, Kang Y, An Y, Tappin I, Hurwitz J, Lee J. Human Tim-Tipin complex affects the biochemical properties of the replicative DNA helicase and DNA polymerases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:2523-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Tim-Tipin complex might play a role in coupling DNA unwinding and DNA synthesis by directly affecting the catalytic activities of replication fork proteins. ..
- Lee J, Park J, Jeong J, Jeon H, Yoon J, Kim E, et al. Complex of Fas-associated factor 1 (FAF1) with valosin-containing protein (VCP)-Npl4-Ufd1 and polyubiquitinated proteins promotes endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6998-7011 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate here that FAF1 binds to VCP-Npl4-Ufd1 complex via UBX domain and polyubiquitinated proteins via UBA domain to promote endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation. ..
- Han J, Jeong S, Park M, Kim G, Kwon N, Kim H, et al. Leucyl-tRNA synthetase is an intracellular leucine sensor for the mTORC1-signaling pathway. Cell. 2012;149:410-24 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that LRS is a key mediator for amino acid signaling to mTORC1. ..
- Ko S, Kang G, Song S, Lee J, Shin D, Yun J, et al. Structural basis of E2-25K/UBB+1 interaction leading to proteasome inhibition and neurotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36070-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the interaction between E2-25K and UBB(+1) is critical for the synthesis and accumulation of UBB(+1)-anchored polyubiquitin, which results in proteasomal inhibition and neuronal cell death. ..
- Jung E, Seong Y, Seo J, Kwon Y, Song H. Cell cycle-dependent regulation of Aurora kinase B mRNA by the Microprocessor complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:241-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose a novel mechanism by which the Microprocessor complex regulates stability of Aurora kinase B mRNA and cell cycle progression. ..
- Park S, Reyes J, Gilbert D, Kim J, Kim S. Prediction of protein-protein interaction types using association rule based classification. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:36 pubmed publisher..A web application based on our method can be found at http://bioinfo.ssu.ac.kr/~shpark/picasso/ ..
- Choi S, Kim S, Chung K. Huntingtin-interacting protein 1-mediated neuronal cell death occurs through intrinsic apoptotic pathways and mitochondrial alterations. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5275-82 pubmed..Furthermore, Hip1 could directly bind to Apaf-1, suggesting that the neurotoxic signals of Hip1 transmit through the intrinsic mitochondrial apoptotic pathways and the formation of apoptosome complex. ..
- Kim K, Oh J, Han D, Kim E, Lee B, Kim Y. Crystal structure of PilF: functional implication in the type 4 pilus biogenesis in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:1028-38 pubmed publisher..We proposed that PilF would be critical as a bridgehead in protein-protein interaction and thereby, PilF may bind a necessary molecule in type 4 pilus biogenesis system such as PilG, PilU, PilY, and PilZ...