Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications406 found, 100 shown here
- Lee S, Ki C, Lee N. Molecular characterization of enteroviruses isolated from patients with aseptic meningitis in Korea, 2005. Arch Virol. 2007;152:963-70 pubmed..The amino acid changes in the BC-loop in some recent CBV5 strains tend to be located in the C-terminal part, and these changes suggest some antigenic significance. ..
- Goo S, Han Y, Kim W, Lee K, Park S. Vibrio vulnificus IlpA-induced cytokine production is mediated by Toll-like receptor 2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27647-58 pubmed..In comparison with the wild type V. vulnificus, the ilpA mutant showed a reduced mortality in mice. These results demonstrate that IlpA of V. vulnificus functions as an immunostimulant to human cells via TLR2...
- Ohr H, Bui A, Le B, Fischer R, Choi Y. Identification of putative Arabidopsis DEMETER target genes by GeneChip analysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:856-60 pubmed..The putative target genes identified in this study will provide insights into the regulatory mechanism of DME DNA glycosylase and the functions of DNA demethylation. ..
- Lee H, Choi B. Identification of a fibronectin-binding protein of Treponema lecithinolyticum by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and ligand binding assay. Can J Microbiol. 2007;53:1185-90 pubmed..As T. lecithinolyticum is capable of binding to soluble and immobilized fibronectin, this Fbp may contribute to bacterial attachment to host cells...
- Choi A, Lee S, Cho S, Hwang I, Hur C, Suh M. Isolation and characterization of multiple abundant lipid transfer protein isoforms in developing sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) seeds. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2008;46:127-39 pubmed..Taken together, the abundant LTPs in developing sesame seeds are involved in lipid transfer into the extracellular matrix. Possible biological roles of SiLTPs related to organ-specific expression and abiotic stresses are discussed...
- An S, Choi H, Hwang I, Hong J, Hwang B. A novel pepper membrane-located receptor-like protein gene CaMRP1 is required for disease susceptibility, methyl jasmonate insensitivity and salt tolerance. Plant Mol Biol. 2008;67:519-33 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that pepper CaMRP1 may belong to a new subfamily of membrane-located receptor-like proteins that regulate disease susceptibility, MeJA-insensitivity and salt tolerance. ..
- Yu I, Rhee J, Raisuddin S, Lee J. Characterization of the glutathione S-transferase-Mu (GSTM) gene sequence and its expression in the hermaphroditic fish, Kryptolebias marmoratus as a function of development, gender type and chemical exposure. Chem Biol Interact. 2008;174:118-25 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the gonad of K. marmoratus has a robust antioxidant system. The gender-related differences in GSTM expression imply a differential sensitivity to EDCs in gender type. ..
- Koo B, Park M, Jeon O, Kim D. Regulatory mechanism of matrix metalloprotease-2 enzymatic activity by factor Xa and thrombin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23375-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, factor Xa and thrombin regulate MMP-2 enzymatic activity through its activation and degradation. Thus, the net enzymatic activity results from a balance between MMP-2 activation and degradation. ..
- Chung J, Han T, Park S, Kim S, Hwang E. Detection of GII-4/2006b variant and recombinant noroviruses in children with acute gastroenteritis, South Korea. J Med Virol. 2010;82:146-52 pubmed publisher..Continuous monitoring of the genetic diversity of NoVs is important to determine the trend of the predominant genotype and new recombinant strain. ..
- Jung Y, Shin E, Kim O, Yoo J, Lee K, Yoo J, et al. Characterization of two newly identified genes, vgaD and vatH, [corrected] conferring resistance to streptogramin A in Enterococcus faecium. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:4744-9 pubmed publisher..faecium. Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis patterns and sequence types of vgaD- and vatH-containing [corrected] E. faecium isolates differed for isolates from humans and nonhumans...
- Lim S, Kim W, Kim Y, Choi J. Identification of a novel cell-penetrating peptide from human phosphatidate phosphatase LPIN3. Mol Cells. 2012;34:577-82 pubmed publisher..This research suggests that LPIN-CPP could be used in a drug delivery system to deliver therapeutic biomolecules including peptides, proteins, DNA, and RNA and without the limitations of non-human originated CPPs such as TAT-CPP. ..
- Koo Y, Ka D, Kim E, Suh N, Bae E. Conservation and variability in the structure and function of the Cas5d endoribonuclease in the CRISPR-mediated microbial immune system. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:3799-810 pubmed publisher..pyogenes Cas5d protein and X. oryzae CRISPR RNA and vice versa. This cross-species activity of Cas5d provides a special opportunity for elucidating conserved features of the CRISPR RNA processing event. ..
- Kim H, Hong Y, Park J, Choi Y, Kim Y, Yoon B, et al. Mutations in the PLEKHG5 gene is relevant with autosomal recessive intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2013;8:104 pubmed publisher..We suggest that PLEKHG5 might play a role in the peripheral motor and sensory nervous system. This study expands the phenotypic spectrum of PLEKHG5 mutations. ..
- Jang S, Hyam S, Jeong J, Han M, Kim D. Penta-O-galloyl-?-D-glucose ameliorates inflammation by inhibiting MyD88/NF-?B and MyD88/MAPK signalling pathways. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;170:1078-91 pubmed publisher..PGG reduced activation of NF-?B and MAPK signalling pathways by directly interacting with the MyD88 adaptor protein. PGG may ameliorate inflammatory diseases such as colitis. ..
- Jeong Y, Won J, Yim J. Cloning and structure of a rabbit protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (PIN) gene and its pseudogene. Gene. 1998;214:67-75 pubmed..Sequence analysis indicates that the open reading frame was interrupted by a premature stop codon and frameshift which resulted in a processed pseudogene of the rabbit PIN. ..
- Kim K, Baek S, Jeon Y, Nishimori S, Suzuki T, Uchida S, et al. A new SUMO-1-specific protease, SUSP1, that is highly expressed in reproductive organs. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14102-6 pubmed..These results suggest that SUSP1 may play a role in the regulation of SUMO-1-mediated cellular processes particularly related to reproduction. ..
- Shim J, Lee J. Molecular genetic analysis of apm-2 and aps-2, genes encoding the medium and small chains of the AP-2 clathrin-associated protein complex in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Cells. 2000;10:309-16 pubmed..These results indicate that apm-2 and aps-2 gene functions are required during both embryogenesis and larval stages, and that their functions may be required in proper neuronal functions. ..
- Hwang B, Yeom H, Kim Y, Lee H. Corynebacterium glutamicum utilizes both transsulfuration and direct sulfhydrylation pathways for methionine biosynthesis. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:1277-86 pubmed..5 mM methionine in minimal medium. The data suggest a physiologically distinctive role of the direct sulfhydrylation pathway in C. glutamicum. ..
- Kim I, Kim Y, Yoon Y, Kawamura S, Lee Y, Lee J. Cloning of cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A) genes from the hermaphrodite fish Rivulus marmoratus and the Japanese medaka Oryzias latipes. Mar Environ Res. 2004;58:125-9 pubmed..Interestingly, medaka CYP1A gene has a number of MREs at the promoter, which may affect its response on metal exposure. We describe here the gene structure of both fish CYP1A genes. ..
- Kim M, Yoo K, Kang I, Chung H, Baek K. A novel cysteine protease HeLa DUB-1 responsible for cleaving the ubiquitin in human ovarian cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2004;25:373-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the expression was hardly seen in the brain. Localization study indicates that HeLa DUB-1 proteins are present in both the cytoplasm and nucleus. ..
- Choi K, Kim D, Koh S, So J, Kim J, Kim E. Molecular cloning and identification of a novel oxygenase gene specifically induced during the growth of Rhodococcus sp. strain T104 on limonene. J Microbiol. 2004;42:160-2 pubmed
- Jung J, Yun J, Seo Y, Park C. Characterization of an Arabidopsis gene that mediates cytokinin signaling in shoot apical meristem development. Mol Cells. 2005;19:342-9 pubmed..We propose that ALL is involved in cytokinin biosynthesis or metabolism and acts as a positive regulator of cytokinin signaling during shoot apical meristem development and determination of lateral organ polarity. ..
- Lee Y, Chang S, Jung S, Kweon H, Lee J. Cloning and expression of alpha class glutathione S-transferase gene from the small hermaphroditic fish Rivulus marmoratus (Cyprinodontiformes, Rivulidae). Mar Pollut Bull. 2005;51:776-83 pubmed..marmoratus GSTalpha mRNA in the treated animals. In this paper, we discuss the characteristics of the R. marmoratus GSTalpha gene as well as its potential use in relation to environmental pollution. ..
- Kim H, Oh D. Purification and characterization of an L-arabinose isomerase from an isolated strain of Geobacillus thermodenitrificans producing D-tagatose. J Biotechnol. 2005;120:162-73 pubmed..Mn2+ was a competitive activator and increased the thermal stability of the AI. The D-tagatose yield produced by AI from d-galactose was 46% without the addition of Mn2+ and 48% with Mn2+ after 300 min at 65 degrees C. ..
- Baek L, Kariwa H, Lokugamage K, Yoshimatsu K, Arikawa J, Takashima I, et al. Soochong virus: an antigenically and genetically distinct hantavirus isolated from Apodemus peninsulae in Korea. J Med Virol. 2006;78:290-7 pubmed..Cross-focus-reduction neutralizating antibody tests showed that SOO virus, which is the first hantavirus isolated in cell culture from A. peninsulae, could be classified as a new hantavirus serotype...
- Lee Y, Jung S, Seo J, Yoon Y, Lee J. Cloning of Ki-ras and Ha-ras cDNAs from the hermaphroditic fish Rivulus marmoratus (Cyprinodontiformes, Rivulidae) and its expression after exposure to 4-nonylphenol. Mar Environ Res. 2006;62 Suppl:S136-40 pubmed..These genes could be applicable as new biomarker genes for assessing exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs). Further, this implies the disturbance of ras-dependent signal transduction following EDC exposure. ..
- Choi B, Kim J, Suh B, Yu J, Sunwoo I, Kim S, et al. Mutations of KCNJ2 gene associated with Andersen-Tawil syndrome in Korean families. J Hum Genet. 2007;52:280-3 pubmed..The M307I mutation is a novel mutation, located at the intracellular C-terminal domain, which is known to be concerned with putative phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP(2)) binding and channel trafficking. ..
- Lee H, Kang Y, Moon C, Joe M, Lim J, Suh Y, et al. KLF4 positively regulates human ghrelin expression. Biochem J. 2009;420:403-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that KLF4 positively regulates human ghrelin expression via binding to a KLF-responsive region in the promoter. ..
- Kim D, Kim O, Kim H, Kim H, Lee S, Suh S. ATP-dependent DNA ligase from Archaeoglobus fulgidus displays a tightly closed conformation. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:544-50 pubmed publisher..It resembles the closed conformation of P. furiosus DNA ligase but was even more closed, thus enhancing our understanding of the conformational variability of these enzymes. ..
- Kim S, Ha B, Kim K, Hong S, Shin K, Suh S, et al. Dimeric and tetrameric forms of enoyl-acyl carrier protein reductase from Bacillus cereus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:517-22 pubmed publisher..The three stretches disordered in the apo structure are important in the cofactor and the inhibitor binding as well as in tetramer formation. ..
- Yi H, Cho Y, Hur H, Chun J. Genome sequence of Escherichia coli AA86, isolated from cow feces. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:3681 pubmed publisher..coli SE15 and could be classified under E. coli phylogenetic group B2. Here, we report the genome sequence of E. coli AA86, consisting of 3 contigs and 2 plasmids. ..
- Cho K, Crane B, PARK S. An insight into the interaction mode between CheB and chemoreceptor from two crystal structures of CheB methylesterase catalytic domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;411:69-75 pubmed publisher..Via the computational docking of the two T. maritima and S. typhimurium CheB structures to the respective T. maritima and Escherichia coli chemoreceptors, we propose a CheB:chemoreceptor interaction mode. ..
- Nair P, Choi J. Characterization and transcriptional regulation of thioredoxin reductase 1 on exposure to oxidative stress inducing environmental pollutants in Chironomus riparius. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;161:134-9 pubmed publisher..Significant downregulation of CrTrxR1 was observed after exposure to 10 and 20mg/L of Cd for 72h. This study shows that the CrTrxR1 could be potentially used as a biomarker of oxidative stress inducing environmental contaminants. ..
- Lee J, Shin H, Son B, Ryu S. Complete genome sequence of Bacillus cereus bacteriophage BCP78. J Virol. 2012;86:637-8 pubmed publisher..Here we announce the complete genome sequence of BCP78, which may be useful for understanding its inhibition mechanism against B. cereus, and describe major findings from the genome annotation...
- Bak S, Iida M, Hirano M, Iwata H, Kim E. Potencies of red seabream AHR1- and AHR2-mediated transactivation by dioxins: implication of both AHRs in dioxin toxicity. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:2877-85 pubmed publisher..In silico docking simulations supported that both rsAHRs have potentials to bind to these congeners. These results suggest that dioxin toxicities may be mediated by both rsAHRs in red seabreams. ..
- Huang Y, Li Y, Burt D, Chen H, Zhang Y, Qian W, et al. The duck genome and transcriptome provide insight into an avian influenza virus reservoir species. Nat Genet. 2013;45:776-783 pubmed publisher..These analyses, in combination with the genomic and transcriptomic data, provide a resource for characterizing the interaction between host and influenza viruses. ..
- Hyun D, Shin N, Kim M, Kim J, Kim P, Oh S, et al. Cloacibacterium haliotis sp. nov., isolated from the gut of an abalone, Haliotis discus hannai. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2014;64:72-7 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is WB5(T) (?=?KACC 17210(T)?=?JCM 18869(T)). ..
- Lee S, Hwang B. Identification of the pepper SAR8.2 gene as a molecular marker for pathogen infection, abiotic elicitors and environmental stresses in Capsicum annuum. Planta. 2003;216:387-96 pubmed..capsici, or treated with salicylic acid. These results thus suggest that pepper SAR8.2 genes may be valuable as a molecular marker for the detection of various pathogen infections, abiotic elicitors and environmental stresses. ..
- Choi E, Kim H, Park K, Lee H. Genetic heterogeneity of the hexon gene of adenovirus type 3 over a 9-year period in Korea. J Med Virol. 2006;78:379-83 pubmed..This result suggests that the genetic heterogeneity of Ad3 hexon could play a potential role in the appearance of new genome types and that it could affect the antigenic characteristics of Ad3. ..
- Zhao Q, Moon S, Na B, Kim S, Cho S, Lee H, et al. Paragonimus westermani: biochemical and immunological characterizations of paramyosin. Exp Parasitol. 2007;115:9-18 pubmed..Biochemical and immunological characterization of PwPmy may provide valuable information for the further study to develop a vaccine or a chemotherapeutic agent for paragonimiasis...
- Park Y, Cho Y, Ko G. A duplex real-time RT-PCR assay for the simultaneous genogroup-specific detection of noroviruses in both clinical and environmental specimens. Virus Genes. 2011;43:192-200 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that this newly developed duplex real-time RT-PCR assay can be used for the sensitive and simultaneous genogroup-specific detection of NoV in both clinical and environmental specimens. ..
- Park S, Choi S, Choe J. Bacillus subtilis HmoB is a heme oxygenase with a novel structure. BMB Rep. 2012;45:239-41 pubmed..Interestingly, the structure of monomeric HmoB resembles the dimeric structure of IsdG family proteins. Hence, B. subtilis HmoB is a heme oxygenase with a novel structural feature. ..
- Yoo S, Seol J, Shin D, Rohrwild M, Kang M, Tanaka K, et al. Purification and characterization of the heat shock proteins HslV and HslU that form a new ATP-dependent protease in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:14035-40 pubmed..Therefore ATP appears necessary for oligomerization of HslU. Thus the HslVU protease appears to be a two-component protease in which HslV harbors the peptidase activity, while HslU provides an essential ATPase activity...
- An J, Kim Y. A gene cluster encoding malonyl-CoA decarboxylase (MatA), malonyl-CoA synthetase (MatB) and a putative dicarboxylate carrier protein (MatC) in Rhizobium trifolii--cloning, sequencing, and expression of the enzymes in Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 1998;257:395-402 pubmed..trifolii and that the metabolic pathway in the malonate-rich clover nodule might play an important role in symbiosis. ..
- Shim Y, Jang Y, Lim M, Lee J, Seong R, Hong S, et al. Rdp1, a novel zinc finger protein, regulates the DNA damage response of rhp51(+) from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8958-68 pubmed..Furthermore, the DNA damage-dependent expression of rhp51(+) was significantly reduced in checkpoint mutants, raising the possibility that Rdp1 may mediate damage checkpoint-dependent transcription of rhp51(+). ..
- Do H, Hong J, Jung H, Kim S, Ham J, Hwang B. Expression of peroxidase-like genes, H2O2 production, and peroxidase activity during the hypersensitive response to Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria in Capsicum annuum. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2003;16:196-205 pubmed
- Kang S, Yi K, Kwon N, Park K, Kim U, Baek K, et al. Alpha1B-adrenoceptor signaling and cell motility: GTPase function of Gh/transglutaminase 2 inhibits cell migration through interaction with cytoplasmic tail of integrin alpha subunits. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36593-600 pubmed..These results provide evidence that G(h) function initiates the modulation of cell motility via association of GTP-bound G(h)/TG2 with the GFFKR motif located in integrin alpha subunits. ..
- Wang X, Hur H, Lee J, Kim K, Kim S. Enantioselective synthesis of S-equol from dihydrodaidzein by a newly isolated anaerobic human intestinal bacterium. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:214-9 pubmed..8% similarity to that of Eggerthella hongkongenis HKU10. This is the first report of a single bacterium capable of converting a racemic mixture of dihydrodaidzein to enantiomeric pure S-equol. ..
- Kim H, Hyun E, Kim Y, Lee Y, Oh D. Characterization of an Agrobacterium tumefaciens D-psicose 3-epimerase that converts D-fructose to D-psicose. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:981-5 pubmed..The equilibrium ratio between D-psicose and D-fructose was 32:68 at 30 degrees C. D-Psicose was produced at 230 g/liter from 700-g/liter D-fructose at 50 degrees C after 100 min, corresponding to a conversion yield of 32.9%. ..
- Choi K, Park M, Lee S, Jeon M, Kim M, Lee H, et al. Intracellular expression of the T-cell factor-1 RNA aptamer as an intramer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2006;5:2428-34 pubmed..In addition, it efficiently reduced the growth rate and tumorigenic potential of HCT116 colon cancer cells. Such RNA intramer could lead to valuable gene therapeutics for TCF/beta-catenin-mediated carcinogenesis. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Park C. A membrane-associated NAC transcription factor regulates salt-responsive flowering via FLOWERING LOCUS T in Arabidopsis. Planta. 2007;226:647-54 pubmed..Furthermore, FT was significantly repressed by high salt. We therefore propose that NTL8 mediates salt-responsive flowering via FT in Arabidopsis. ..
- Koh S, Lee S, Kim M, Koh J, Lee S, An G, et al. T-DNA tagged knockout mutation of rice OsGSK1, an orthologue of Arabidopsis BIN2, with enhanced tolerance to various abiotic stresses. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;65:453-66 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that stress-responsive OsGSK1 may have physiological roles in stress signal-transduction pathways and floral developmental processes. ..
- Kim J, Choi T, Ding Y, Kim Y, Ha K, Lee K, et al. Overexpressed cyclophilin B suppresses apoptosis associated with ROS and Ca2+ homeostasis after ER stress. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3636-48 pubmed publisher..Finally, CypB interacted with the ER stress-related chaperones, Bip and Grp94. Taken together, we concluded that CypB performs a crucial function in protecting cells against ER stress via its PPIase activity. ..
- Lee H, Kim Y, Lee J, Kang S. Identification and characterization of inorganic pyrophosphatase and PAP phosphatase from Thermococcus onnurineus NA1. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:3415-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the pyrophosphatases and the PAP phosphatases being organized in the gene clusters of the sulfate activation system only in T. onnurineus NA1 and "Pyrococcus abyssi." ..
- Roh S, Nam Y, Nam S, Choi S, Park H, Bae J. Complete genome sequence of Halalkalicoccus jeotgali B3(T), an extremely halophilic archaeon. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:4528-9 pubmed publisher..jeotgali B3(T) (3,698,650 bp, with a G+C content of 62.5%), which consists of one chromosome and six plasmids. This is the first complete genome sequence of the Halalkalicoccus species. ..
- Kim K, Choi Y, Song K, Park W, Jeon J, Park S, et al. Genotype of varicella-zoster virus isolates in South Korea. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:1913-6 pubmed publisher..In restriction enzyme analysis, 51 of 54 (94.3%) isolates contained a PstI site in ORF 38, and all isolates contained a BglI site in ORF 54. Our data suggest that genotype J has been circulating since the 1940s in South Korea. ..
- Lee H, Shin N, Lee J, Roh S, Whon T, Bae J. Neptunomonas concharum sp. nov., isolated from a dead ark clam, and emended description of the genus Neptunomonas. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:2657-61 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is LHW37(T) (=KACC 15543(T) =JCM 17730(T)). An emended description of the genus Neptunomonas is also provided...
- Kim E, Kim S, Nam H, Choi M, Lee K, Choi S, et al. Draft genome sequence of Commensalibacter intestini A911T, a symbiotic bacterium isolated from Drosophila melanogaster intestine. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:1246 pubmed publisher..Here we report the draft genome sequence of Commensalibacter intestini A911(T)...
- Kim J, Jeong W, Jeoung H, Song J, Kim H, Beak J, et al. Complete genome sequence of Brucella canis strain HSK A52141, isolated from the blood of an infected dog. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:5134 pubmed publisher..Herein, we report the complete genome sequence of the strain B. canis HSK A52141. This is the second complete genome sequence and biological annotation available for a member of B. canis. ..
- Cho S, Kim S, Kim J, Kim J. Targeted genome engineering in human cells with the Cas9 RNA-guided endonuclease. Nat Biotechnol. 2013;31:230-2 pubmed publisher..We show that complexes of the Cas9 protein and artificial chimeric RNAs efficiently cleave two genomic sites and induce indels with frequencies of up to 33%...
- Ryoo R, Sou H, Ka K, Park H. Phylogenetic relationships of Korean Sparassis latifolia based on morphological and ITS rDNA characteristics. J Microbiol. 2013;51:43-8 pubmed publisher..In particular, this study focused on the phylogenetic relationships inferred from the biogeographical distribution of isolates within the genus Sparassis. ..
- Yu S, Hwang I, Rhee S. Crystal structure of the effector protein XOO4466 from Xanthomonas oryzae. J Struct Biol. 2013;184:361-6 pubmed publisher..Consistent with these structural features, a functional assay indicated that XOO4466 does not exhibit NH activity and possibly catalyzes yet unknown reactions. ..
- Kwon J, Lee J. Biological significance of a universally conserved transcription mediator in metazoan developmental signaling pathways. Development. 2001;128:3095-104 pubmed..In addition, RNAi experiments in rde-1 background showed that maternal and zygotic med-6 activities have distinct roles in development. ..
- Kim B, Lee Y, Lee H, Lee D, Choe E, Pyun Y. Cloning, expression and characterization of L-arabinose isomerase from Thermotoga neapolitana: bioconversion of D-galactose to D-tagatose using the enzyme. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;212:121-6 pubmed..A 68% conversion of D-galactose to D-tagatose was obtained using the recombinant enzyme at the isomerization temperature of 80 degrees C. ..
- Cho M, Chen P, Seo Y, Hwang S, Kim W, Min D, et al. Association of homozygous deletion of the Humhv3005 and the VH3-30.3 genes with renal involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2003;12:400-5 pubmed..044] when biopsy-proven LN was studied. Collectively, our data suggest that deletion of the hv3005 and the 3-30.3 genes may predispose individual SLE patients to the development of LN. ..
- Yim S, Choi S, Choi Y, Lee N, Chung J, Park H. Insulin and hypoxia share common target genes but not the hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38260-8 pubmed..We believe that insulin activates other putative partner proteins for Arnt in PI 3-kinase- and H2O2-dependent pathways. ..
- Yang S, Huh J, Hong H, Kim T, Cho S. Important role of Ser443 in different thermal stability of human glutamate dehydrogenase isozymes. FEBS Lett. 2004;562:59-64 pubmed..These results suggest that the Ser443 residue plays an important role in the different thermal stability of human GDH isozymes. ..
- Jin W, Ryu Y, Kang S, Kim S, Saito N, Ochi K, et al. Two relA/spoT homologous genes are involved in the morphological and physiological differentiation of Streptomyces clavuligerus. Microbiology. 2004;150:1485-93 pubmed..clavuligerus and that RelA primarily governs the stringent response of S. clavuligerus to starvation for amino acids. ..
- Kim B, Kim S, Kim H, Lee J, Lee I, Park Y. The formation of cyclopropane fatty acids in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium. Microbiology. 2005;151:209-18 pubmed publisher..Western blotting analysis showed that the increase in expression of CFA synthase at early stationary phase was due to the alternative sigma factor RpoS...
- Park K, Shin H, Park B, Cheong H, Cho Y, Lee H, et al. Polymorphisms in the leptin receptor (LEPR)--putative association with obesity and T2DM. J Hum Genet. 2006;51:85-91 pubmed..02) and gene dose-dependent genetic effects were observed. The present study provides information about additional genetic polymorphisms in LEPR and positive associations of those polymorphisms with BMI in the Korean population. ..
- Park N, Lee J, Kim M, Jeong H, Lee B, Kim T, et al. Identification of the Vibrio vulnificus wbpP gene and evaluation of its role in virulence. Infect Immun. 2006;74:721-8 pubmed..vulnificus. ..
- Chung S, Kang S, Paik S, Lee J. NgUNC-119, Naegleria homologue of UNC-119, localizes to the flagellar rootlet. Gene. 2007;389:45-51 pubmed..Purification and indirect immunofluorescence staining of the Naegleria flagellar rootlet suggested that NgUNC-119 is a component of the flagellar rootlet...
- Jeon J, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim H, Lee H, Kang S, et al. Cloning and characterization of a new cold-active lipase from a deep-sea sediment metagenome. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;81:865-74 pubmed publisher..rEML1 was resistant to various detergents such as Triton X-100 and Tween 80. This study represents an example which developed a new cold-active lipase from a deep-sea sediment metagenome. ..
- Chae J, Choi K. Genetic diversity of porcine circovirus type 2 from pigs in Republic of Korea. Res Vet Sci. 2010;88:333-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, four cases from the wasted non-PMWS belonged to PCV2-group 1. Therefore, our results suggest that PCV2-group 1 is more related to PMWS than group 2. ..
- Kwon D, Shin K, Kim S, Ha Y, Choi J, Yang J, et al. Replication and pathogenesis of the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza virus in mammalian models. J Microbiol. 2010;48:657-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, this Korean pandemic (H1N1) 2009 isolate infected the lungs of ferrets and mice successfully and caused more pathological lesions than did the seasonal influenza virus. ..
- Park Y, Park M, Lee S, Park W, Lee K, Jeon C. Luteimonas lutimaris sp. nov., isolated from a tidal flat. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:2729-33 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is G3(T) (= KACC 14929(T) = JCM 16916(T)). ..
- Lee H, Na K, Kwon M, Park T, Kim K, Kim H, et al. A new versatile peptide-based size exclusion chromatography platform for global profiling and quantitation of candidate biomarkers in hepatocellular carcinoma specimens. Proteomics. 2011;11:1976-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, our pep-SEC platform is an efficient and versatile pre-fractionation system for the large-scale profiling and quantitation of candidate biomarkers in complex disease proteomes. ..
- Hwang H, Kim H, Jeong Y, Choi M, Lee S, Kim S. Overexpression of EVE1, a novel ubiquitin family protein, arrests inflorescence stem development in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4571-81 pubmed publisher..The eve1-D mutation provides a way to study the regulatory mechanisms that control phase transition from the vegetative to the reproductive state. ..
- Hyun S, Lee K, Han A, Yu J. An RNA aptamer that selectively recognizes symmetric dimethylation of arginine 8 in the histone H3 N-terminal peptide. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2011;21:157-63 pubmed publisher..The affinity of this aptamer is comparable to 2 commercially available antibodies against differently modified histone H3 peptides and it displays a greater selectivity than the antibodies. ..
- Cho S, Cho W, Sohn S, Kim K. Interaction of the host protein NbDnaJ with Potato virus X minus-strand stem-loop 1 RNA and capsid protein affects viral replication and movement. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:451-6 pubmed publisher..In summary, we suggest that the newly identified NbDnaJ plays a role in PVX replication and movement by interacting with SL1(-) RNA and PVX CP. ..
- Han J, Jeong S, Park M, Kim G, Kwon N, Kim H, et al. Leucyl-tRNA synthetase is an intracellular leucine sensor for the mTORC1-signaling pathway. Cell. 2012;149:410-24 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that LRS is a key mediator for amino acid signaling to mTORC1. ..
- Park A, Moon J, Lee K, Chi Y. Crystal structure of receiver domain of putative NarL family response regulator spr1814 from Streptococcus pneumoniae in the absence and presence of the phosphoryl analog beryllofluoride. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:403-7 pubmed publisher..Upon phosphorylation, the conformational change of the linker region was observed and this suggests that domain rearrangement between the receiver domain and effector domain could occur in full-length spr1814. ..
- Jang H, Kim T, Yoon S, Choi S, Kang T, Kim S, et al. O-GlcNAc regulates pluripotency and reprogramming by directly acting on core components of the pluripotency network. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;11:62-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study makes a direct connection between O-GlcNAcylation of key regulatory transcription factors and the activity of the pluripotency network. ..
- Kim M, Kim S, Ryu S. Complete genome sequence of bacteriophage SSU5 specific for Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium rough strains. J Virol. 2012;86:10894 pubmed publisher..Genomic analysis revealed that SSU5 might be the phylogenetic origin of cryptic plasmid pHCM2 harbored by Salmonella Typhi CT18...
- Kim T, Yun T, Rengaraj D, Lee S, Lim S, Seo H, et al. Conserved functional characteristics of the PIWI family members in chicken germ cell lineage. Theriogenology. 2012;78:1948-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, the CIWI and CILI proteins of the PIWI family are conserved in avian species and play a critical role in germ line development and gametogenesis. ..
- Kim S, Kim J, Kim S, Kim S, Jeon S, Kim S, et al. Therapeutic effects of neuropeptide substance P coupled with self-assembled peptide nanofibers on the progression of osteoarthritis in a rat model. Biomaterials. 2016;74:119-30 pubmed publisher..Our results show that bioactive peptides may have clinical potential for inhibiting the progression of OA as well as its treatment by recruiting autologous stem cells without cell transplantation. ..
- Yoo Y, Kim Y, Jhon G, Park J. Separation of gangliosides using cyclodextrin in capillary zone electrophoresis. J Chromatogr A. 1993;652:431-9 pubmed..The results demonstrate that the CD-modified CZE is a useful method for detecting glycolipids from various biological matrices. ..
- Ahn W, Kim K, Lee J, Kim J, Choi J, Moe O, et al. Regulatory interaction between the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator and HCO3- salvage mechanisms in model systems and the mouse pancreatic duct. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17236-43 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that CFTR controls overall HCO3- homeostasis by regulating both pancreatic ductal HCO3- secretory and salvage mechanisms...
- Cho B, Lim Y, Lee D, Park S, Lee H, Kim W, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel cancer/testis antigen gene CAGE. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:715-26 pubmed..This suggests that CAGE might play a role in cellular proliferation. Because CAGE is expressed in a variety of cancers but not in normal tissues except testis, this gene can be a target of antitumor immunotherapy. ..