Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Busan, South Korea
Locale: Busan, South Korea
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Shin S, Lee M, Kwon G, Park J, Yoo M, Kim S, et al. Cloning and characterization of rat neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein cDNA. Neurochem Int. 2003;42:481-91 pubmed
- Jeong S, Lee K, Chong Y, Yum J, Lee S, Choi H, et al. Characterization of a new integron containing VIM-2, a metallo- beta-lactamase gene cassette, in a clinical isolate of Enterobacter cloacae. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003;51:397-400 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that this metallo-beta-lactamase gene has been detected in E. cloacae. ..
- Oh C, Kwon Y, Kim Y, Jang H, Kwon K. Expression of basic fibroblast growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor, and thrombospondin-1 related to microvessel density in nonaggressive and aggressive basal cell carcinomas. J Dermatol. 2003;30:306-13 pubmed..In conclusion, the results of present study suggest that VEGF expression and angiogenesis might play important roles in the progression to aggressive BCC. ..
- Kim H, Kim J, Roh K, Lee H, Kim S, Shin Y, et al. Rat liver 10-formyltetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase, carbamoyl phosphate synthetase 1 and betaine homocysteine S-methytransferase were co-purified on Kunitz-type soybean trypsin inhibitor-coupled sepharose CL-4B. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:604-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the catalytic site of rat FDH has a similar structure with those of serine proteases. Also, the SBTI-affinity column will be useful for the purification of rat liver proteins such as FDH, CPS1 and BHMT. ..
- Nam B, Ahn K, Kim Y, Kong H, Kim W, Kim H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of LPS-binding protein/bactericidal permeability-increasing protein (LBP/BPI) from olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;133:256-63 pubmed publisher..This expression pattern profile corresponded to that of acute inflammatory cytokines, suggesting that it plays a role in the innate immune response, in particular, the acute phase response...
- Ahn S, Sung J, Kim N, Lee A, Jeon S, Lee J, et al. Molecular cloning, expression, and characterization of cathepsin L from mud loach (Misgurnus mizolepis). Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2010;162:1858-71 pubmed publisher..The optimum temperature for the proMlCtL enzyme was found to be 40 °C. In addition, proMlCtL activity was dependent upon the presence of several metal ions and detergents...
- Cho E, Choi I, Choi Y. Overexpression and characterization of thermostable chitinase from Bacillus atrophaeus SC081 in Escherichia coli. BMB Rep. 2011;44:193-8 pubmed publisher..1% glycol chitin and showed the highest lytic activity on colloidal chitin and acidic chitosan. The optimal temperature and pH for chitinolytic activity were 50°C and pH 8.0, respectively...
- Moon J, Nam B, Kong H, Kim Y, Kim W, Kim B, et al. Maximal transcriptional activation of piscine soluble Toll-like receptor 5 by the NF-?B subunit p65 and flagellin. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:881-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NF-?B and flagellin are essential components that act as a transcription factor and ligand, respectively, for maximal induction of the TLR5S promoter. ..
- Salma U, Uddowla M, Kim M, Kim J, Kim B, Baek H, et al. Five hepatopancreatic and one epidermal chitinases from a pandalid shrimp (Pandalopsis japonica): cloning and effects of eyestalk ablation on gene expression. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;161:197-207 pubmed publisher..By contrast, epidermal chitinase, Pj-Cht2 may play a role in chitin metabolism during molt cycle as shown in other crustacean group 2 chitinases...
- Bae I, Lee B, Hwang H, Jeong S, Hong S, Chang C, et al. A novel ceftazidime-hydrolysing extended-spectrum beta-lactamase, CTX-M-54, with a single amino acid substitution at position 167 in the omega loop. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:315-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, detection of CTX-M enzymes can no longer be based solely on the resistance phenotypes of clinical isolates towards ceftazidime and cefotaxime...
- Kang H, Song I, Shin H, Kim W, Lee C, Shim J, et al. Identification and functional characterization of genetic variants of human organic cation transporters in a Korean population. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:667-75 pubmed
- Kim D, Han H, Kim S, Lee D, Park S. Bacterial enteritis and the development of the larval digestive tract in olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus (Temminck & Schlegel). J Fish Dis. 2004;27:497-505 pubmed..This suggests that differentiation of the stomach in olive flounder larvae and juveniles, an essential physiological development, also provides the host with a non-immunological defence mechanism. ..
- Cho Y, Lee S, Kim K, Nam Y. Differential modulations of two glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase mRNAs in response to bacterial and viral challenges in a marine teleost Oplegnathus fasciatus (Perciformes). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;25:472-6 pubmed publisher..Results in the present study suggest that teleost GAPDH isoforms may also be potentially involved in immune modulations especially with respect to inflammatory responses, which is distinct from its classical glycolytic function. ..
- Ahn K, Huh J, Kim D, Ha H, Kim Y, Lee J, et al. Quantitative analysis of alternative transcripts of human PCDH11X/Y genes. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010;153B:736-44 pubmed publisher..Tx4 transcripts showed specific expression patterns in olfactory tissues. The findings can guide functional investigation of neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Kong H, Lee Y, Shin J, Cho H, Kim W, Kim H, et al. Molecular characterization of tripartite motif protein 25 (TRIM25) involved in ER?-mediated transcription in the Korean rose bitterling Rhodeus uyekii. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;163:147-53 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the RuTRIM25 regulates the ER-mediated transcription in fish similarly to its mammalian counterpart. ..
- Hong M, Lee Y, Son Y, Im C, Yi Y, Rim Y, et al. Rice Rab11 is required for JA-mediated defense signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:797-802 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, OsRab11 may be required for JA-mediated defense signaling by activating the reducing activity of OsOPR8. ..
- Lee J, Kim Y, Choi T, Lee W, Kim Y. Paracoccus haeundaensis sp. nov., a Gram-negative, halophilic, astaxanthin-producing bacterium. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1699-702 pubmed..Based on the results of these analyses, it is proposed that strain BC74171T represents a novel species, Paracoccus haeundaensis sp. nov. The type strain is BC74171T (= KCCM 10460T = LMG P-21903T)...
- Choi C, An K, Choi Y, Jo P, Min B. Expression of warm temperature acclimation-related protein 65-kDa (Wap65) mRNA, and physiological changes with increasing water temperature in black porgy, Acanthopagrus schlegeli. J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol. 2008;309:206-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increase in Wap65 gene is related to high water temperature stress and play important roles in high water temperature environment of black porgy. ..
- Do J, Cha S, Kim J, An E, Park M, Kim J, et al. Sequence variation in the gene encoding the major capsid protein of Korean fish iridoviruses. Arch Virol. 2005;150:351-9 pubmed..These results suggest that a diversity of iridoviruses exist in Korea and that a new variant strain has emerged...
- Seo H, Kim J, Kim J, Park K. Identification of Bacillus cereus in a chungkukjang that showed high anticancer effects against AGS human gastric adenocarcinoma cells. J Med Food. 2009;12:1274-80 pubmed publisher..All B. cereus strains, of course, are not pathogens, but its presence causes food safety concerns. Therefore, using a starter culture is safer than the traditional natural fermentation for the industrialization of chungkukjang in Korea. ..
- Kong H, Kim J, Moon J, Kim Y, Nam B, Kim W, et al. Hypoxia induces the PDZ domain-containing syntenin in the marine teleost Paralichthys olivaceus. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010;152:195-201 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PoSyntenin is a hypoxia target gene that has a potential role in the hypoxia response mechanism of fish. ..
- Park S, Jiang R, Piao S, Zhang B, Kim E, Kwon H, et al. Structural and functional characterization of a highly specific serpin in the insect innate immunity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1567-75 pubmed publisher..Our finding provides the molecular mechanism of how serpins tightly regulate innate immune responses in invertebrates. ..
- Park H, Seok H, Woo D, Lee S, Tarte V, Lee E, et al. AtERF71/HRE2 transcription factor mediates osmotic stress response as well as hypoxia response in Arabidopsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;414:135-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that AtERF71/HRE2 might function as a transcription factor involved in the response to osmotic stress as well as hypoxia. ..
- Salma U, Jang Y, Uddowla M, Yi M, Gong S, Lee H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of three cDNAs encoding allatostatin-like neurosecretory peptides from Pandalopsis japonica. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;163:334-48 pubmed publisher..japonica is influenced by the similar physiological condition...
- Kim S, Lee S, Kim K, Kim C, Choo Y, Lee Y. Isolation and characterization of the promoter region of the human GM3 synthase gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1578:84-9 pubmed..The present results also suggested that both positive and negative regulatory elements are present in this TATA-less promoter of the hST3Gal V gene. ..
- Park J, Je B, Piao S, Inamura S, Fujimoto Y, Fukase K, et al. A synthetic peptidoglycan fragment as a competitive inhibitor of the melanization cascade. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7747-55 pubmed..The purified Tm-PGRP recognized both Lys- and DAP-PGN. In vitro reconstitution experiments showed that Tm-PGRP functions as a common recognition molecule of Lys- and DAP-PGN-dependent melanization cascades. ..
- Cho H, Kong H, Nam B, Kim W, Noh J, Lee J, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2009;163:251-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that olPPARgamma is functionally and evolutionarily conserved in olive flounder and mammals...
- Lee M, Osaki T, Lee J, Baek M, Zhang R, Park J, et al. Peptidoglycan recognition proteins involved in 1,3-beta-D-glucan-dependent prophenoloxidase activation system of insect. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3218-27 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Hd-PGRP-1 can serve as a receptor for 1,3-beta-D-glucan in the insect proPO activation system. ..
- Han J, Lee K, Li J, Kim I, Je Y, Kim D, et al. Cloning and expression of a fat body-specific chitinase cDNA from the spider, Araneus ventricosus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;140:427-35 pubmed..Treatment of recombinant virus-infected Sf9 cells with tunicamycin, a specific inhibitor of N-glycosylation, revealed that AvChit1 is N-glycosylated, but the carbohydrate moieties are not essential for chitinolytic activity. ..
- Park T, Choi K, Park C, Lee S, Kang H, Shon K, et al. Substrate specificity and transglycosylation catalyzed by a thermostable beta-glucosidase from marine hyperthermophile Thermotoga neapolitana. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2005;69:411-22 pubmed..Structural analysis of three arbutin transfer products by MS and nuclear magnetic resonance indicated that glucose from cellobiose was transferred to the C-3, C-4, and C-6 in the glucose unit of acceptor, respectively...
- Qiu Y, Choo Y, Yoon H, Jia J, Cui Z, Wang D, et al. Fibrin(ogen)olytic activity of bumblebee venom serine protease. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;255:207-13 pubmed publisher..These findings offer significant insight into the allergic reaction sequence that is initiated by bee venom serine protease and its potential usefulness as a clinical agent in the field of hemostasis and thrombosis. ..
- Ro Choi T, Choi Y. A modeling study of co-transcriptional metabolism of hnRNP using FMR1 gene. Mol Cells. 2007;23:228-38 pubmed..End products are mature FMR-1 mRNP, 4 species of Pri-microRNAs derived from introns 7,9,15 and 3'UTR of exon17, respectively. There may also be some other regulatory RNAs containing ALU/Line elements as well. ..
- Ro Choi T, Choi Y. Thermodynamic analyses of the constitutive splicing pathway for ovomucoid pre-mRNA. Mol Cells. 2009;27:657-65 pubmed publisher..This finding is consistent with the validity of hnRNP formation mechanisms in previous reports. ..
- Piao S, Jin X, Yun B, Kim N, Cho H, Fukuda M, et al. Crystal structure and functional insight of HP0420-homolog from Helicobacter felis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:940-6 pubmed publisher..The crystal structure suggests that HF0420 has enzymatic activity that involves a conserved histidine residue at the end of the central alpha-helix. Subsequent biochemical studies provide clues to the function of HP0420 and HF0420...
- Lee A, Bak H, Kim N, Kim M, Go H, Han J, et al. Cloning, heterologous expression, and enzymatic characterization of cathepsin L from starfish (Asterina pectinifera). Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76:2342-6 pubmed..The pro-mature enzyme of ApCtL, proApCtL, was expressed in Escherichia coli, and cathepsin activity was detected by cleaving of synthetic fluorogenic peptide substrates and gelatin zymography...
- Kwun H, Jang K. Natural variants of hepatitis B virus X protein have differential effects on the expression of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:2202-13 pubmed..The present study may provide a clue to explaining the contradictory results related to cell growth regulation by HBx as well as to understanding the progression of hepatic diseases in HBV-positive patients. ..
- Kim J, Kim H. Functional analysis of a calcium-binding transcription factor involved in plant salt stress signaling. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5251-6 pubmed..Therefore, this study represents that AtNIG1 is the first known calcium-binding transcription factor involved in plant salt stress signaling. ..
- Yoon S, Roh Y, Lee S, Kim S, Kim M, Kim S, et al. Analysis of promoter methylation and polymorphic minisatellites of BORIS and lack of association with gastric cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:691-8 pubmed publisher..BORIS-MS2 alleles were transmitted through meiosis following Mendelian inheritance, which suggests that this polymorphic minisatellite could be a useful marker for paternity mapping and DNA fingerprinting. ..
- Kim Y, Kim W, Choi S, Kim D, Kim D, Lee J, et al. Genome sequence of Acinetobacter sp. strain P8-3-8, isolated from Fistularia commersonii in Vietnam. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:4288-9 pubmed publisher..P8-3-8 (3,905,565 bp, with a G+C content of 37.6%) containing 3,621 putative coding sequences. The genome data reveal a high density of genes encoding transcriptional regulators involved in anaerobic respiration. ..
- Wan H, Lee K, Kim B, Zou F, Yoon H, Je Y, et al. A spider-derived Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor that acts as a plasmin inhibitor and an elastase inhibitor. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53343 pubmed publisher..These findings constitute molecular evidence that AvKTI acts as a plasmin inhibitor and an elastase inhibitor and also provide a novel view of the functions of a spider-derived Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor. ..
- Jeon G, Kwon M, Lee S, Sin J, Ki C. Clinical and genetic analysis of a Korean patient with X-linked chondrodysplasia punctata: identification of a novel splicing mutation in the ARSE gene. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2013;43:70-5 pubmed..This report expands the spectrum of mutations of the ARSE gene and, to the best of our knowledge, is the first clinically and genetically confirmed case of CDPX1 with severe spinal cord compression in Korea...
- Kim S, Je J, Kim S. Purification and characterization of antioxidant peptide from hoki (Johnius belengerii) frame protein by gastrointestinal digestion. J Nutr Biochem. 2007;18:31-8 pubmed..99 microM) and superoxide radicals (IC(50)=172.10 microM). Furthermore, APHPH decreased t-butylhydroperoxide-induced cytotoxicity on human embryonic lung fibroblasts and efficiently protected free-radical-induced DNA damage. ..
- Kim M, Kim H, Brown A, Lee M, Bae Y, Park J, et al. Identification of novel substrates for human checkpoint kinase Chk1 and Chk2 through genome-wide screening using a consensus Chk phosphorylation motif. Exp Mol Med. 2007;39:205-12 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation kinase assay of full-length proteins and site-directed mutagenesis analysis of the target motifs demonstrated that HDAC5 and PGC-1alpha were specific targets for Chk1 and/or Chk2 at least in vitro. ..
- Ahn S, Seo J, Kim M, Jeon S, Kim N, Jang J, et al. Cloning, site-directed mutagenesis and expression of cathepsin L-like cysteine protease from Uronema marinum (Ciliophora: Scuticociliatida). Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;156:191-8 pubmed
- Xu Y, Sim S, Nam K, Jin X, Kim H, Hwang K, et al. Crystal structure of the periplasmic region of MacB, a noncanonic ABC transporter. Biochemistry. 2009;48:5218-25 pubmed publisher..Since it behaved as a monomer in solution, our finding is consistent with the dimeric nature of full-length MacB, providing an insight into the assembly in the tripartite efflux pump. ..
- Cho H, Kong H, Kim H, Cheong J. Characterization of Paralichthys olivaceus peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? gene as a master regulator of flounder lipid metabolism. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;175:39-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PoPPAR? plays an important role in lipid metabolism of olive flounder and that it is functionally and evolutionarily conserved in olive flounder and mammals...
- Shin S, Yoo M, Jeong J, Kim Y, Chung J, Huh M, et al. Molecular cloning of the gyrA gene and characterization of its mutation in clinical isolates of quinolone-resistant Edwardsiella tarda. Dis Aquat Organ. 2005;67:259-66 pubmed..tarda gyrA bearing the Ser83 --> Arg mutation was able to complement the sequence of the gyrA temperature-sensitive mutation in the E. coli KNK453 strain and to induce increased resistance to quinolone antibiotics at 42 degrees C. ..
- Kim D, Ahn S, Kim L, Park K, Hong Y, Kong I. Application of the rpoS gene for species-specific detection of Vibrio vulnificus by real-time PCR. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;18:1841-7 pubmed..These data indicate that real-time PCR is a sensitive, species-specific, and rapid method for detecting this bacterium, using the rpoS gene in pure cultures and in infected oyster tissues. ..
- Park S, Jeong M, Yoo M, Jang S. Caudal-related homeodomain proteins CDX1/2 bind to DNA replication-related element binding factor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:1891-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CDX1/2 homeodomains interact with the DNA-binding domain of dDREF, thereby regulating its transcription activity. ..
- Shin J, Shim J, Kim H, Sinn J, Kook J, Lee J. Rothia dentocariosa septicemia without endocarditis in a neonatal infant with meconium aspiration syndrome. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:4891-2 pubmed..We report the first case of R. dentocariosa septicemia without endocarditis, which occurred in a neonatal infant with meconium aspiration syndrome. ..
- Kong H, Lee Y, Kim W, Kim H, Kim B, An C, et al. Molecular and functional analyses of the fast skeletal myosin light chain2 gene of the Korean oily bitterling, Acheilognathus koreensis. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16672-84 pubmed publisher..Although the detailed mechanism underlying the expression of Akmlc2f remains unknown, these results suggest the muscle-specific expression of Akmlc2f transcript and the functional activation of Akmlc2f promoter by C/EBP?. ..
- Bae I, Lee Y, Lee W, Lee S, Jeong S. Novel complex class 1 integron bearing an ISCR1 element in an Escherichia coli isolate carrying the blaCTX-M-14 gene. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:3017-9 pubmed publisher..The bla(CTX-M-14) gene was preceded by an ISCR1 element that was followed by a class 1 integron containing three different insert gene cassettes, i.e., dfrA12, orfF, and aadA2...
- Li H, Bowling J, Fronczek F, Hong J, Jabba S, Murray T, et al. Asteropsin A: an unusual cystine-crosslinked peptide from porifera enhances neuronal Ca2+ influx. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:2591-9 pubmed..Herein we report the discovery of a cystine-crosslinked peptide from Porifera along with high-quality spatial details accompanied by the description of its unique effect on neuronal calcium influx...
- Ma Y, Cho M, Zhao M, Park J, Matsushita M, Fujita T, et al. Human mannose-binding lectin and L-ficolin function as specific pattern recognition proteins in the lectin activation pathway of complement. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:25307-12 pubmed..These results indicate that human PGN and 1,3-beta-D-glucan recognition proteins function as complement-activating lectins. ..
- Lee E, Ahn S, Park J, Lee J, Ahn S, Kong I. Identification of oligopeptide permease (opp) gene cluster in Vibrio fluvialis and characterization of biofilm production by oppA knockout mutation. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;240:21-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the OppA protein is involved in uptake of peptides and affects biofilm productivity...
- Sin H, Huh J, Kim D, Kang D, Min D, Kim T, et al. Transcriptional control of the HERV-H LTR element of the GSDML gene in human tissues and cancer cells. Arch Virol. 2006;151:1985-94 pubmed..These findings suggest that the LTR element on the GSDML gene was integrated into the hominoid lineage and acquired the role of transcriptional regulation of human tissues and cancer cells. ..
- Lee D, Park G, Kim N, Lee E, Jang M, Shin Y, et al. Cloning, expression, and characterization of a glycoside hydrolase family 50 beta-agarase from a marine Agarivorans isolate. Biotechnol Lett. 2006;28:1925-32 pubmed..The enzyme hydrolyzed agarose as well as neoagarohexaose and neoagarotetraose to yield neoagarobiose as the main product. Thus, the enzyme would be useful for the industrial production of neoagarobiose. ..
- Yum S, Xu Y, Piao S, Sim S, Kim H, Jo W, et al. Crystal structure of the periplasmic component of a tripartite macrolide-specific efflux pump. J Mol Biol. 2009;387:1286-97 pubmed publisher..The hexameric structure of MacA provides insight into the oligomeric state in the functional complex of the drug efflux pump and type I secretion system...
- Cha S, Yoon H, Lee E, Yoon M, Hwang J, Jin B, et al. The complete nucleotide sequence and gene organization of the mitochondrial genome of the bumblebee, Bombus ignitus (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Gene. 2007;392:206-20 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis among three corbiculate tribes, represented by Melipona bicolor (Meliponini), A. mellifera (Apini), and B. ignitus (Bombini), showed the closest relationship between M. bicolor and B. ignitus...
- Ha H, Huh J, Gim J, Han K, Kim H. Transcriptional variations mediated by an alternative promoter of the FPR3 gene. Mamm Genome. 2011;22:621-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, transcriptional variations of FPR3 occur by an alternative promoter during primate evolution. ..
- Yun B, Jun S, Kim N, Yoon B, Piao S, Park S, et al. Crystal structure and thermostability of a putative ?-glucosidase from Thermotoga neapolitana. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;416:92-8 pubmed publisher..This study will help us to understand the function of the putative glucosidase and the structural features that affect the thermostability of the protein...
- Kim J, Kim H. Molecular characterization of a bHLH transcription factor involved in Arabidopsis abscisic acid-mediated response. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:191-4 pubmed..Thus, these functional analyses suggest that the AtAIG1 protein plays an important role in ABA-mediated signal transduction pathway. ..
- Park J, Kim C, Kim J, Je B, Roh K, Kim S, et al. Clustering of peptidoglycan recognition protein-SA is required for sensing lysine-type peptidoglycan in insects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6602-7 pubmed
- Kim N, Choo Y, Lee K, Hong S, Seol K, Je Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a glycosyl hydrolase family 9 cellulase distributed throughout the digestive tract of the cricket Teleogryllus emma. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;150:368-76 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that TeEG-I is distributed throughout the entire digestive tract of T. emma, suggesting a functional role of endogenous TeEG-I in a sequential cellulose digestion process throughout the T. emma digestion tract. ..
- Joo M, Kwon M, Cho Y, Hu N, Pedchenko T, Sadikot R, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-dependent interaction between PU.1 and c-Jun determines production of lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase and prostaglandin D2 in macrophages. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;296:L771-9 pubmed publisher..1 participates in innate immunity through the production of L-PGDS and PGD(2). ..
- Lee J, Choi S, Hwang T, Kim M, Jung G, Roh M, et al. A gene expression in study human gastric adenocarcinoma using a cDNA microarray. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2003;42:484-95 pubmed
- Lee K, Kim S, Park N, Kim I, Kang P, Sohn B, et al. Characterization of a silkworm thioredoxin peroxidase that is induced by external temperature stimulus and viral infection. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;35:73-84 pubmed
- Jang M, Lee Y, Kim C, Lee J, Kang D, Kim S, et al. Triphenylmethane reductase from Citrobacter sp. strain KCTC 18061P: purification, characterization, gene cloning, and overexpression of a functional protein in Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:7955-60 pubmed..This is the first report of a triphenylmethane reductase characterized from any organism...
- Ahn S, Kim N, Jeon S, Sung J, Je J, Seo J, et al. Molecular cloning, tissue distribution and enzymatic characterization of cathepsin X from olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;151:203-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the P. olivaceus cathepsin X is highly conserved within the cathepsin X subfamily in terms of its amino acid sequence, tissue expression, and biochemical activity. ..
- Piao S, Lee S, Kim H, Yum S, Stamos J, Xu Y, et al. Direct inhibition of GSK3beta by the phosphorylated cytoplasmic domain of LRP6 in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4046 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that phosphorylated LRP6/5 both recruits and directly inhibits GSK3beta using two distinct portions of its cytoplasmic sequence, and suggest a novel mechanism of activation in this signaling pathway. ..
- Gu N, Kim J, Kim H, You D, Kim H, Jeon S. Gene cloning and enzymatic properties of hyperthermostable beta-glycosidase from Thermus thermophilus HJ6. J Biosci Bioeng. 2009;107:21-6 pubmed publisher..Thin layer chromatography showed that the enzyme had transglycosylation activity at high temperature and that various transfer products were formed in the reaction with lactose or cellobiose. ..
- Kong H, Hong G, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, Lee S, et al. An immune responsive complement factor D/adipsin and kallikrein-like serine protease (PoDAK) from the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:486-92 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization confirmed that PoDAK mRNA is localized in the kidney and heart of individuals infected with VHSV. Further investigations are needed to clarify the function of PoDAK in vivo and in vitro...
- Lee J, Kim S, Jeong H, Oh S, Kim H, Kim Y, et al. Two cases of peritonitis caused by Kocuria marina in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:3376-8 pubmed publisher..Few human infections have been reported. We describe what appear to be the first two cases of Kocuria marina peritonitis in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. ..
- Lee M, Hong K, Malhotra S, Park J, Hwang E, Choi H, et al. A new esterase EstD2 isolated from plant rhizosphere soil metagenome. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;88:1125-34 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the other hypothetical protein homologs of EstD2 might also be members of this novel family...
- Lee S, Lee D, Jang M, Jeon M, Jang H, Lee S. Improvement in the catalytic activity of ?-agarase AgaA from Zobellia galactanivorans by site-directed mutagenesis. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;21:1116-22 pubmed..Thus, mutant S63K ?-agarase AgaA may be useful for the production of functional neoagarooligosaccharides. ..
- Lee Y, Zhou Y, Park D, Chang J, Choi Y. ?-cyclodextrin production by the cyclodextrin glucanotransferase from Paenibacillus illinoisensis ZY-08: cloning, purification, and properties. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;29:865-73 pubmed publisher..However the recombinant CGTase converted king oyster mushroom powder and enoki mushroom powder to ?-cyclodextrin. ..
- Zhao M, Söderhäll I, Park J, Ma Y, Osaki T, Ha N, et al. A novel 43-kDa protein as a negative regulatory component of phenoloxidase-induced melanin synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24744-51 pubmed..These results suggest that this 43-kDa MIP inhibits the formation of melanin and thus is a modulator of the melanization reaction to prevent the insect from excessive melanin synthesis in places where it should be inappropriate...
- Dae H, Kwon H, Kang N, Song N, Kim K, Kim C, et al. Isolation and functional analysis of the human glioblastoma-specific promoter region of the human GD3 synthase (hST8Sia I) gene. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:237-45 pubmed..These results indicated that both AREB6 and Elk-1 might play an essential role in the transcriptional activity of hST8Sia I gene essential for GD3 synthesis in human glioblastoma cells. ..
- Kong H, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, Cho H, Lee C, et al. Characterization of the flounder IL-6 promoter and its regulation by the p65 NF-kappaB subunit. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:961-4 pubmed publisher..These results give us new insight into the regulation of flounder IL-6 transcription by the p65 NF-kappaB subunit...
- Kim J, Kim S. Bioactive peptides from marine sources as potential anti-inflammatory therapeutics. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2013;14:177-82 pubmed..Moreover, novel bioactive peptides from sponges, bacterium and microalgae are also described with their pharmacological effects in relation with anti-inflammation. ..
- Kong H, Moon J, Han Y, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, et al. PoCRIP1, Paralichthys olivaceus cysteine-rich intestinal protein 1: molecular characterization, expression analysis upon Edwardsiella tarda challenge and a possible role in the immune regulation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:917-22 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of PoCRIP1 augmented p65-driven flounder IL-6 promoter activity in HINAE cells. These results suggest that PoCRIP1 may function in the immune response of the flounder through the regulation of cytokine expression. ..