Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondria in Daegu, South Korea
Locale: Daegu, South Korea
- Jun D, Kim J, Park H, Han C, Fang Z, Woo M, et al. Apoptogenic activity of auraptene of Zanthoxylum schinifolium toward human acute leukemia Jurkat T cells is associated with ER stress-mediated caspase-8 activation that stimulates mitochondria-dependent or -independent caspase cascade. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:1303-13 pubmed
- Park J, Min J, Chae U, Lee J, Song K, Lee H, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of oleuropein on microglia through regulation of Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fission. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;306:46-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential role of oleuropein in microglial inflammation-mediated neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Dong G, Jang E, Kang S, Cho I, Park S, Kim S, et al. Red ginseng abrogates oxidative stress via mitochondria protection mediated by LKB1-AMPK pathway. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:64 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that RGE has the ability to protect cells from AA + iron-induced ROS production and mitochondrial impairment through AMPK activation. ..
- Kim J, Kim D, Park M, Cho H, Zervos A, Bonventre J, et al. Omi/HtrA2 protease is associated with tubular cell apoptosis and fibrosis induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F1332-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Omi/HtrA2 is associated with apoptotic signaling pathways in tubular epithelial cells activated by unilateral ureteral obstruction, thereby resulting in kidney fibrosis. ..
- Chang E, Son S, Ko H, Baek S, Kim J, Kim J. Induction of apoptosis by the overexpression of an alternative splicing variant of mitochondrial thioredoxin reductase. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:1666-75 pubmed..These results suggest that TrxR2A may play a vital role in the regulation of TrxR2 and may confer functional complexity onto the thioredoxin system. ..
- Kim S, Park H, Jun D, Woo H, Woo M, Yang C, et al. Mollugin induces apoptosis in human Jurkat T cells through endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated activation of JNK and caspase-12 and subsequent activation of mitochondria-dependent caspase cascade regulated by Bcl-xL. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;241:210-20 pubmed publisher
- Hwang I, Lee J, Jin H, Woo E, Lee D. Amentoflavone stimulates mitochondrial dysfunction and induces apoptotic cell death in Candida albicans. Mycopathologia. 2012;173:207-18 pubmed publisher..albicans cells and is associated with the mitochondrial dysfunction. Besides, amentoflavone-induced hydroxyl radicals may play a significant role in mitochondria-mediated apoptosis...
- Lee J, Ryu T, Cho C, Kim D. Different characteristics of mitochondrial microsatellite instability between uterine leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011;17:201-5 pubmed publisher..01). Distinctive characteristics of mitochondrial genetic instability in uterine leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas suggested the potential of mtMSI as a marker for differential diagnosis between them. ..
- Seo S, Cho H, Min K, Woo S, Kim S, Park J, et al. Thioridazine enhances sensitivity to carboplatin in human head and neck cancer cells through downregulation of c-FLIP and Mcl-1 expression. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2599 pubmed publisher..hy926). Collectively, our study demonstrates that combined treatment with carboplatin and thioridazine induces apoptosis through proteasomal degradation of Mcl-1 and c-FLIP by upregulation of Nrf2-dependent PSMA5 expression. ..
- Kang H, Park J, Choi K, Choi H, Jung C, Kim G, et al. Chemical screening identifies ROCK as a target for recovering mitochondrial function in Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome. Aging Cell. 2017;16:541-550 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals a novel mechanism through which alleviation of the HGPS phenotype is mediated by the recovery of mitochondrial function upon ROCK inactivation. ..
- Kim J, Park K, Moon K, Lee M, Choi J, Yee S, et al. Induction of apoptosis in HT-29 colon cancer cells by crude saponin from Platycodi Radix. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46:3753-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SPR inhibits HT-29 cell proliferation by inducing apoptosis, which may be mediated via both caspase-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Yun J, Hwang J, Lee D. The antifungal activity of the peptide, periplanetasin-2, derived from American cockroach Periplaneta americana. Biochem J. 2017;474:3027-3043 pubmed publisher..In summary, the antifungal peptide periplanetasin-2 activates apoptotic signals in the mitochondria by induction of oxidative stress. ..
- Guo Z, Sevrioukova I, Denisov I, Zhang X, Chiu T, Thomas D, et al. Heme Binding Biguanides Target Cytochrome P450-Dependent Cancer Cell Mitochondria. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:1259-1275.e6 pubmed publisher..CYP3A4 AA epoxygenase inhibition by biguanides thus demonstrates convergence between eicosanoid activity in mitochondria and biguanide action in cancer, opening a new avenue for cancer drug discovery. ..