Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: middle aged
Publications1376 found, 100 shown here
- Kim J, Kim Y. A time-cost augmented economic evaluation of oral deferasirox versus infusional deferoxamine [corrected] for patients with iron overload in South Korea. Value Health. 2009;12 Suppl 3:S78-81 pubmed publisher..With a considerable improvement in convenience and injection time rather than efficacy, DSX is considered as a dominant therapy for patients with iron overload. ..
- Kim J, Kim Y, Kim N, Min B, Shin S, Ahn J, et al. The role of adjuvant pelvic radiotherapy in rectal cancer with synchronous liver metastasis: a retrospective study. Radiat Oncol. 2010;5:75 pubmed publisher..Rectal cancer patients with synchronous liver metastasis may benefit from adjuvant pelvic RT through an increased pelvic control rate and improved quality of life. ..
- Lee M, Lee H, Kim M, Kim E, Lee J, Heo J, et al. p16Ink4a suppression of lung adenocarcinoma by Bmi-1 in the presence of p38 activation. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:423-31 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the suppression of p16Ink4a by either the induction of Bmi-1 or the hypermethylation of p16Ink4 may be an important step in avoiding tumor surveillance by p38 MAPK during the development of lung cancer. ..
- Kim M, Lim G, Kang S, Lee W, Suh J, Lee H. Utility of procalcitonin as an early diagnostic marker of bacteremia in patients with acute fever. Yonsei Med J. 2011;52:276-81 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the ability of PCT levels to differentiate bacteremic from nonbacteremic patients with fever. We assessed whether PCT level could be used to accurately rule out a diagnosis of bacteremia...
- Oh H, Lee D, Seo J, Cho Y, Kim N, Jeoung S, et al. Ten-day sequential therapy is more effective than proton pump inhibitor-based therapy in Korea: a prospective, randomized study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;27:504-9 pubmed publisher..Ten-day sequential therapy might be effective as a first-line treatment for H. pylori infection in Korea. ..
- Park K, Kim J, Joo E, Seo D, Hong S, Ko J, et al. Drug interaction and pharmacokinetic modeling of oxcarbazepine in korean patients with epilepsy. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2012;35:40-4 pubmed publisher..Population pharmacokinetic analysis showed that the apparent clearance of OHC increased with comedication with EIAEDs. ..
- Chang B, Hwang J, Choi Y, Chung M, Kim H, Kwon O, et al. Natural history of pure ground-glass opacity lung nodules detected by low-dose CT scan. Chest. 2013;143:172-178 pubmed publisher..A strategy of long-term follow-up and selective surgery for growing nodules should be considered for pure GGO lung nodules. ..
- Lee J, Joo Y, Kim H, Ryoo H, Kim M, Lee G, et al. Randomized trial of myeloablative conditioning regimens: busulfan plus cyclophosphamide versus busulfan plus fludarabine. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:701-9 pubmed publisher..We conducted a phase III randomized clinical trial to compare two myeloablative conditioning regimens for allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) in patients with leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome...
- Kim H, Kim M, Hodgson D, Harbron C, Wellings R, O Connor M, et al. Concordance of ATM (ataxia telangiectasia mutated) immunohistochemistry between biopsy or metastatic tumor samples and primary tumors in gastric cancer patients. Pathobiology. 2013;80:127-37 pubmed publisher..However, the lack of agreement between primary and asynchronous metastatic samples suggests that such sampling would need to be performed at the time of any treatment decision. ..
- Park B, Kim J, Cheong H, Kim L, Lee B, Seo C, et al. Extended genetic effects of ADH cluster genes on the risk of alcohol dependence: from GWAS to replication. Hum Genet. 2013;132:657-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings could provide additional information on the ADH gene cluster regarding the risk of AD, as well as a new and important insight into the genetic factors associated with AD. ..
- Yoon J, Kim H, Shin S, Yahng S, Lee S, Cho B, et al. BAALC and WT1 expressions from diagnosis to hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: consecutive monitoring in adult patients with core-binding-factor-positive AML. Eur J Haematol. 2013;91:112-21 pubmed publisher..028). This study showed that higher post-HSCT BAALC and WT1 expressions in patients with CBF-AML may be good markers of minimal residual disease for the prediction of survival and relapse after HSCT. ..
- Rebbeck T, Mitra N, Wan F, Healey S, McGuffog L, Chenevix Trench G, et al. Association of type and location of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations with risk of breast and ovarian cancer. JAMA. 2015;313:1347-61 pubmed publisher..With appropriate validation, these data may have implications for risk assessment and cancer prevention decision making for carriers of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. ..
- Seo A, Park K, Choe G, Kim W, Kim D, Kang S, et al. Clinical and prognostic value of MET gene copy number gain and chromosome 7 polysomy in primary colorectal cancer patients. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9813-21 pubmed publisher..001; HR, 20.781; 95 % CI, 4.600-93.882). MET GCN gain and CEP7 polysomy could predict a poor outcome in CRC patients, especially CEP7 polysomy has the most powerful prognostic impact in stage II/III CRC patients. ..
- Yoo J, Synn A, Huh J, Hong S, Koh Y, Lim C. Clinical efficacy of high-flow nasal cannula compared to noninvasive ventilation in patients with post-extubation respiratory failure. Korean J Intern Med. 2016;31:82-8 pubmed publisher..4 days vs. 20.6 days, p = 0.015). There was no difference in ICU or in-hospital mortality rate. HFNC is likely to be as effective as, and better tolerated than, NIV for treatment of PERF. ..
- Yang K, Won Y, Kim S, Oh B, Park Y, Jeong S. Plate augmentation and autologous bone grafting after intramedullary nailing for challenging femoral bone defects: a technical note. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2016;136:1381-5 pubmed publisher..We describe a technique involving additional plate augmentation and autologous iliac bone grafting for treating large femoral defects after restoring the length of the femur using an IM nail implantation and an external fixator. ..
- Lee E, Shin K, Lee Y, Cheon G, Jeong J, Son M, et al. 188Re-tin-colloid as a new therapeutic agent for rheumatoid arthritis. Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24:689-96 pubmed..In conclusion, in this first study of radiation synovectomy using 188Re-tin-colloid for patients with rheumatoid arthritis, the treatment resulted in the improvement of arthritis and was well tolerated...
- Lee S, Ihm C, Sohn S, Lee T, Kim M, Koh G, et al. Polymorphisms in interleukin-1 beta and Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist genes are associated with kidney failure in Korean patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Am J Nephrol. 2004;24:410-4 pubmed..90, 95% CI 1.34-11.40). IL1B2 and IL1RN*2 genotypes of the IL-1 cluster genes are associated with diabetic nephropathy in Korean patients with type 2 DM. ..
- Chung H, Kim M, Kim J, Park N, Song Y, Kang S, et al. XRCC1 R399Q polymorphism is associated with response to platinum-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy in bulky cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2006;103:1031-7 pubmed..0001). Genetic polymorphism of XRCC1 R399Q is associated with response to platinum-based NAC in bulky cervical cancer, and MDR analysis documented association between gene-gene interaction of XRCC1 R399Q and treatment response. ..
- Koo B, Cho Y, Park B, Cheong H, Shin H, Jang H, et al. Polymorphisms of KCNJ11 (Kir6.2 gene) are associated with Type 2 diabetes and hypertension in the Korean population. Diabet Med. 2007;24:178-86 pubmed..009]. The haplotype (A-T-A-C-G-C) was also strongly associated with hypertension [OR = 1.655 (1.288-2.126), P < 0.001]. Polymorphisms in KCNJ11 are associated with Type 2 diabetes and also with hypertension in the Korean population. ..
- Moon Y, Choi S, Kim Y, Sohn J, Chang J, Kim S, et al. Adenosine triphosphate-based chemotherapy response assay (ATP-CRA)-guided platinum-based 2-drug chemotherapy for unresectable nonsmall-cell lung cancer. Cancer. 2007;109:1829-35 pubmed..There was a favorable response and survival in the platinum-sensitive vs resistant groups. ..
- Lee H, Kim D, Kwak C, Ku J, Moon K. Expression of CD24 in clear cell renal cell carcinoma and its prognostic significance. Urology. 2008;72:603-7 pubmed publisher..Although the biologic function of CD24 in CCRCC remains unknown, the expression of CD24 can provide new prognostic information about disease progression. ..
- Seo U, Lee H, Ryu W, Kwak J, Shin B, Kim W, et al. Laparoscopic resection of a hepatocellular carcinoma arising from an ectopic liver. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2008;18:508-10 pubmed publisher..The patient's postoperative course was unremarkable. This is the first reported case of a laparoscopically treated ectopic HCC. Moreover, laparoscopic resection was found to be safe and reliable in this case...
- Park J, Kim H, Chung J, Jae H, Park J. Transcatheter arterial embolization of arterial esophageal bleeding with the use of N-butyl cyanoacrylate. Korean J Radiol. 2009;10:361-5 pubmed publisher..NBCA can be an effective and feasible embolic agent in patients with active arterial esophageal bleeding, even with pre-existing coagulopathy. ..
- Cho Y, Kim H, Kang D, Choi Y. Reoperative surgical stabilization of a painful nonunited rib fracture using bone grafting and a metal plate. J Orthop Trauma. 2009;23:605-6 pubmed publisher..The following 2 years of follow-up demonstrated no instability or pain...
- Noh T, Jeong H, Lee M, Kim T, Kim S, Lee E. Predicting recurrence of nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:4406-13 pubmed publisher..Tumors with high levels of expression of phospho-Akt and phospho-p44/42 MAPK and low levels of expression of phospho-CREB and ZAC1 should be followed closely and may require adjunctive therapy to prevent tumor recurrence. ..
- Yom C, Moon B, Choe K, Choi H, Park Y. Long-term results after excision of breast mass using a vacuum-assisted biopsy device. ANZ J Surg. 2009;79:794-8 pubmed publisher..Ultrasound-guided VABD excision is a minimally invasive technique for the complete removal of benign breast tumours. The results of this long-term follow-up of VABD excisions are comparable to conventional methods. ..
- Hwang J, Lee J, Lee N, Lee K. Primary small cell carcinoma of the endometrium: report of a case with immunochemical studies. J Reprod Med. 2010;55:81-6 pubmed..We report a case of an endometrial tumor that was a combination of an SCC and endometrioid adenocarcinoma with squamous components and that penetrated half of the thickness of the uterine wall...
- Lee D, Lee S, Shim C, Lee H. Decompression and interspinous dynamic stabilization using the locker for lumbar canal stenosis associated with low-grade degenerative spondylolisthesis. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2010;53:117-21 pubmed publisher..The purpose of the present study is to analyze the clinical and radiological outcomes of interspinous dynamic stabilization using the Locker (WINNOVA co, Seoul, Korea) for lumbar canal stenosis with grade I DS...
- Shim S, Kim Y, Ryu Y. Novel influenza A (H1N1) infection: chest CT findings from 21 cases in Seoul, Korea. Clin Radiol. 2011;66:118-24 pubmed publisher..Pneumomediastinum and atelectasis resulting from this disease are more common in young patients under the age of 18 years. ..
- Kim T, Kim D, Yoon T, Lim J, Woo N, Chee H, et al. Myocardial injury in remifentanil-based anaesthesia for off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery: an equipotent dose of sevoflurane versus propofol. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2011;39:418-25 pubmed..In conclusion, sevoflurane and propofol at equipotent doses guided by bispectral index with remifentanil 20 ng x ml(-1) had similar creatine kinase MB and troponin I values. ..
- Kang S, Kim D, Seo K, Kim K, Kim Y. Multi-level spinal fusion and postoperative prevertebral thickness increase the risk of dysphagia after anterior cervical spine surgery. J Clin Neurosci. 2011;18:1369-73 pubmed publisher..The risk of dysphagia was significantly higher in patients who had their highest operative levels at C3 or C4 compared to those with their highest levels at C5 to C7. ..
- Park S, Khwarg S, Kim N, Lee M, Choung H. Acquired lower eyelid epiblepharon in thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy of Koreans. Ophthalmology. 2012;119:390-5 pubmed publisher..The association between lower eyelid retraction and acquired epiblepharon may lead to a better understanding of the cause of acquired epiblepharon in patients with TAO. ..
- Kwon J, Jung W, Koo J. Molecules involved in epithelial-mesenchymal transition and epithelial-stromal interaction in phyllodes tumors: implications for histologic grade and prognosis. Tumour Biol. 2012;33:787-98 pubmed publisher..Further, high expression of Twist in the stromal component was correlated with poorer prognoses. ..
- Kim J, Park B, Cheong H, Pasaje C, Bae J, Park J, et al. HLA-DRA polymorphisms associated with risk of nasal polyposis in asthmatic patients. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2012;26:12-7 pubmed publisher..Despite the need for replication in larger cohorts and/or functional evaluations, our findings suggest that HLA-DRA polymorphisms might contribute to nasal polyposis susceptibility in patients with asthma. ..
- Jung J, Jee W, Park M, Lee S, Kim Y. SLAP tears: diagnosis using 3-T shoulder MR arthrography with the 3D isotropic turbo spin-echo space sequence versus conventional 2D sequences. Eur Radiol. 2013;23:487-95 pubmed publisher..92 for 2D TSE and 0.90 for 3D TSE-SPACE, which were not significantly different. MR arthrography with 3D TSE-SPACE showed comparable accuracy and substantial inter-observer agreement for the diagnosis of SLAP lesions. ..
- Lee Y, Lim Y, Shin J, Kim K. A case report of type VI dual left anterior descending coronary artery anomaly presenting with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2012;12:101 pubmed publisher..With accurate understanding of the coronary anatomy and appropriate hardware selection, successful PCI can be performed in the in the long LAD in patients with type VI dual LAD anomaly. ..
- Suh D, Han K, Hong J, Park J, Bae J, Moon Y, et al. Body composition is more closely related to the development of knee osteoarthritis in women than men: a cross-sectional study using the Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES V-1, 2). Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016;24:605-11 pubmed publisher..In women, high fat mass and low lower extremity muscle mass were associated with presence and severity of knee OA. Lower extremity muscle mass was more closely correlated with knee OA than obesity in women. ..
- Park K, Lee D, Lee J, Kim Y, Jung K, Kim K, et al. Comparison between two methods of bioelectrical impedance analyses for accuracy in measuring abdominal visceral fat area. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:343-9 pubmed publisher..The dual abdominal BIA had less bias than the whole-body BIA in the assessment of VFAs. The whole-body BIA was affected by subcutaneous fat area. Dual BIA was more accurate in assessing abdominal VFA than whole-body BIA. ..
- Yoo W, Park Y, Choi Y, Kim S. Cortical Thickness and White Matter Integrity are Associated with CTG Expansion Size in Myotonic Dystrophy Type I. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:807-815 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DM1 is associated with wide distributions of network changes in both gray and white matter. Some of areas related to cognition showed significant correlations with CTG repeats. ..
- Fann N, Kim S, Olives C, Sheppard L. Estimated Changes in Life Expectancy and Adult Mortality Resulting from Declining PM2.5 Exposures in the Contiguous United States: 1980-2010. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097003 pubmed publisher..Estimating the corresponding change in population exposure and PM2.5-attributable risk of death prior to the year 2000 is made difficult by the lack of PM2.5 monitoring data...
- Lee C, Lee Y, Park S, Kang S, Jang Y, Lee J, et al. Rare and common variants of APOB and PCSK9 in Korean patients with extremely low low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186446 pubmed publisher..The common novelty of variants suggested polymorphism of the two genes among them. Our results provide rare genetic information associated with this lipid phenotype in East Asian people. ..
- Cha H, Kim T, Kim J, Lee M, Jeon C, Kim J, et al. Autoantibodies to glucose-6-phosphate isomerase are elevated in the synovial fluid of rheumatoid arthritis patients. Scand J Rheumatol. 2004;33:179-84 pubmed..Our study indicates that anti-GPI antibody in the synovial fluid is specifically related to RA, and suggests that GPI and its autoantibody might be important in the pathogenesis of human RA. ..
- Kim H, Choi M, Lee S, Park S, Lee J, Koh K, et al. Outcomes in patients with hepatopulmonary syndrome undergoing liver transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2004;36:2762-3 pubmed..0), rate of pulmonary complications (7.7% vs 9.2%), or 3-month survival rates (92.3% vs 86.1%). These findings suggest that the presence of HPS does not significantly affect LT outcomes in patients with decompensated liver disease. ..
- Lee E, Kwon S, Seo T, Yun H, Cho H, Kim B, et al. [Clinical features of acute hepatitis A in recent two years]. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2008;52:298-303 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to characterize the clinical features of acute hepatitis A in Seoul and Gyeonggi province during the recent 2 years...
- Kwon T, An S, Ahn J, Kim K, Sung M. Calcium hydroxylapatite injection laryngoplasty for the treatment of presbylaryngis: long-term results. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:326-9 pubmed publisher..No major complications were encountered except for transient hematoma, pain, and a foreign body sensation. The authors conclude that CaHA injection laryngoplasty offers an effective and safe means of treating presbylaryngis. ..
- Cho S, Won C, Lee D, Lee M, Lee S, So S, et al. Red ginseng root extract mixed with Torilus fructus and Corni fructus improves facial wrinkles and increases type I procollagen synthesis in human skin: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Med Food. 2009;12:1252-9 pubmed publisher..These results substantiate the alleged beneficial effects of red ginseng on photoaging and support its use as an effective "beauty food." ..
- Kim D, Cho K, Lee Y, Cho N, Oh Y, Hong S. High-grade hydronephrosis predicts poor outcomes after radical cystectomy in patients with bladder cancer. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:369-73 pubmed publisher..The presence of preoperative hydronephrosis, and high-grade hydronephrosis are significant prognostic factors in patients with bladder cancer after radical cystectomy. ..
- Ahn H, Kim S, Yun J, Yi J, Kim J, Won Y, et al. Improved treatment outcome of primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma after introduction of rituximab in Korean patients. Int J Hematol. 2010;91:456-63 pubmed publisher..081). In conclusion, our comparison suggests that R-CHOP may increase response and reduce relapse resulting in prolongation of progression-free survival of patients with PMBCL. ..
- Kim J, Kim J, Choi D, Lee C, Lee S, Ko Y, et al. Efficacy of high-dose atorvastatin loading before primary percutaneous coronary intervention in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: the STATIN STEMI trial. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;3:332-9 pubmed publisher..Efficacy of High-Dose AtorvaSTATIN Loading Before Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction [STATIN STEMI]; NCT00808717). ..
- Kim W, Jang K, Choi D, Choi S, Heo J, You D, et al. Clinicopathologic analysis of adenosquamous/squamous cell carcinoma of the gallbladder. J Surg Oncol. 2011;103:239-42 pubmed publisher..4-10.6% of all gallbladder carcinomas (GBCs). This study was conducted to investigate the clinicopathologic features of AS/SCC of gallbladder...
- Won E, Chang H, Lee H, Ham B, Lee M. Association between serotonin transporter-linked polymorphic region and escitalopram antidepressant treatment response in Korean patients with major depressive disorder. Neuropsychobiology. 2012;66:221-9 pubmed publisher..Although the role of 5-HTTLPR as a definite predictor of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor treatment response cannot be confirmed from current results, they do suggest a trend for better response in s allele carriers. ..
- Hwang H, Choi S, Kang C, Lee W. Single-fulcrum laparoscopic cholecystectomy in uncomplicated gallbladder diseases: a retrospective comparative analysis with conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Yonsei Med J. 2013;54:1471-7 pubmed publisher..We retrospectively compared perioperative outcomes of SFLC with those of conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy (CLC)...
- Song T, Kim M, Lee Y, Choi C, Kim T, Lee J, et al. Women with double primary cancers of the colorectum and endometrium: do they have Lynch syndrome?. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;199:208-12 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, a large percentage (66%) of women with double primary cancers of the colorectum and endometrium are likely to be diagnosed with Lynch syndrome. ..
- Shin Y, Sohn Y, Seo M, Han K. False-negative results of breast MR computer-aided evaluation in patients with breast cancer: correlation with clinicopathologic and radiologic factors. Clin Imaging. 2016;40:1086-1091 pubmed publisher..Six of 135 cancer patients (4.4%) were false negative on MRI. Breast cancer with false-negative results on MR-CAE was classified as a lower BI-RADS category on breast ultrasound than true-positive results on MR-CAE. ..
- Lee W, Kim Y, Park K, Jeoung J. Trend-based Analysis of Ganglion Cell-Inner Plexiform Layer Thickness Changes on Optical Coherence Tomography in Glaucoma Progression. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1383-1391 pubmed publisher..Trend-based analysis of GCIPL thickness on OCT may be useful for assessing glaucoma progression objectively and quantitatively. ..
- Park H, Kshettry V, Farrell C, Lee J, Kim Y, Won T, et al. Clinical Outcome After Extended Endoscopic Endonasal Resection of Craniopharyngiomas: Two-Institution Experience. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:465-474 pubmed publisher..EEA is effective for the surgical resection of craniopharyngiomas, resulting in high rates of visual improvement and low complication rates. Adjuvant radiotherapy is a useful method for tumor control after incomplete resection. ..
- Cho Y, Kim J, Khang S, Lee J, Kim C. Chordomas and chondrosarcomas of the skull base: comparative analysis of clinical results in 30 patients. Neurosurg Rev. 2008;31:35-43; discussion 43 pubmed..As the biological behavior of chordoma is much more aggressive than that of chondrosarcoma in the skull base, one should make a distinction between these entities to plan an optimal treatment strategy...
- Roh M, Kim J, Byeon S, Koh H, Lee S, Kwon O. Estimated prevalence and risk factor for age-related maculopathy. Yonsei Med J. 2008;49:931-41 pubmed publisher..134; 95% CI 1.114-1.154] and those who were seropositive for hepatitis B surface antigen (OR 2.566; 95% CI 1.519-4.335). The estimated prevalence of ARM was 2.46%. Age and hepatitis B infection may increase the risk of ARM. ..
- Kim S, Wee W, Lee J, Kim M. The effect of different suturing techniques on astigmatism after penetrating keratoplasty. J Korean Med Sci. 2008;23:1015-9 pubmed publisher..65+/-1.61 diopters). In conclusion, post-keratoplasty astigmatism was the least in the double running suture group of the three suturing techniques at 18 months after penetrating keratoplasty. ..
- Baek R, Heo C, Lee S. Temporal dissection technique that prevents temporal hollowing in coronal approach. J Craniofac Surg. 2009;20:748-51 pubmed..Preservation of the temporal fat pad in coronal approach is essential for the prevention of temporal hollowing, and for this, we recommend suprasuperficial layer of TF dissection...
- Kim Y, Hyon J, Woo S, Park K, Yu Y, Chung H. Surgically induced astigmatism after 23-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy. Eye (Lond). 2010;24:799-804 pubmed publisher..67+/-1.19 vs 0.09+/-0.67, P=0.110, Mann-Whitney U-test). The 23GTSV does not induce significant SIA in the early postoperative period. ..
- Koo D, Yun S, Hong Y, Ryu M, Lee J, Chang H, et al. Systemic chemotherapy for treatment of advanced small bowel adenocarcinoma with prognostic factor analysis: retrospective study. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:205 pubmed publisher..44, 95% CI 2.03 - 5.83, p < 0.001) than were patients receiving chemotherapy. Palliative chemotherapy may improve survival outcomes in patients with advanced SBA. ..
- Cha K, Yeon J, Kim G, Jeon P, Kim J, Hong S. Clinical and angiographic results of patients with dural arteriovenous fistula. J Clin Neurosci. 2013;20:536-42 pubmed publisher..With developments in diagnostic tools and endovascular interventions, dAVF have become an important neurovascular issue. The results of this study suggest that a new approach to treatment of dAVF is needed. ..
- Kang W, Park J, Lee S, Kim S, Park H, Kim J. Association between genetic polymorphisms of Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and schizophrenia in the Korean population. Gene. 2013;526:182-6 pubmed publisher..However, our results provide possibility that C allele of rs3804099 and rs3804100 may be associated with poor concentration in schizophrenia patients. Further studies with larger samples are required to confirm our results. ..
- Min J, Yu J, Lee C, Chae J. Cognitive emotion regulation strategies contributing to resilience in patients with depression and/or anxiety disorders. Compr Psychiatry. 2013;54:1190-7 pubmed publisher..It might provide potential targets for psychotherapeutic intervention to improve resilience in these patients. ..
- Park K, Chong Y, Kim S, Lee S, Choi S, Lee M, et al. Clinical characteristics and therapeutic outcomes of hematogenous vertebral osteomyelitis caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. J Infect. 2013;67:556-64 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the clinical characteristics and therapeutic outcomes of patients with hematogenous vertebral osteomyelitis (HVO) caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)...
- Won J, Jang W, Lee H, Park S, Kim W, Park J, et al. Novel missense loss-of-function mutations of WNT1 in an autosomal recessive Osteogenesis imperfecta patient. Eur J Med Genet. 2017;60:411-415 pubmed publisher..Although the pathogenic mechanism of WNT1 defects in OI has yet to be uncovered, these findings further contribute to the implications and importance of functional relevance of WNT1 in skeletal disorders. ..
- Park B, Kim S, Moon M. Nonvascular interventions of the urinary tract. J Korean Med Sci. 2002;17:727-36 pubmed..This review is described to help clinicians easily understand the procedures, indications, techniques, and complications with figures of cases the authors experienced. ..
- Song K, Lee S, Choi J. Detection of an Ala601Thr mutation of plasminogen gene in 3 out of 36 Korean patients with deep vein thrombosis. J Korean Med Sci. 2003;18:167-70 pubmed..In conclusion, dysplasminogenemia is not rare in deep vein thrombosis, which suggests a risk factor for the thrombosis in Korean population. ..
- Hong B, Park S, Kim H, Choo M. Factors predictive of urinary retention after a tension-free vaginal tape procedure for female stress urinary incontinence. J Urol. 2003;170:852-6 pubmed..5% vs 75% satisfaction, p = 0.03). An accurate measurement of the peak urinary flow rate could predict women at risk for postoperative urinary retention that compromises global satisfaction after the highly curative TVT procedure. ..
- Song J, Song J, Kang D, Haluska B, Marwick T. Postsystolic thickening detected by Doppler myocardial imaging: a marker of viability or ischemia in patients with myocardial infarction. Clin Cardiol. 2004;27:29-32 pubmed..Postsystolic thickening in the infarct territory detected by DMI is closely related with peri-infarction ischemia or viability at DSE. ..
- Kim E, Cho S, Jeong Y, Park K, Kang S, Kang E, et al. Glucose metabolism in early onset versus late onset Alzheimer's disease: an SPM analysis of 120 patients. Brain. 2005;128:1790-801 pubmed..Alternatively, the metabolic decline curve suggests that the early onset patients may take a more rapid course in the reduction of glucose metabolism than the late onset patients. ..
- Lee C, Lee E, Cho Y, Moon K, Yoo B, Moon H. Increased expression of glucocorticoid receptor beta messenger RNA in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Korean J Intern Med. 2005;20:146-51 pubmed..The results suggest that the increased expression of GR beta mRNA may be related to the ineffectiveness of glucocorticoids for the treatment of AS. ..
- Yoo B, Kim J, Chung Y, Lee K, Paik S, Ryu S, et al. Twenty-four-week clevudine therapy showed potent and sustained antiviral activity in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2007;45:1172-8 pubmed..A 24-week clevudine therapy was well tolerated and showed potent and sustained antiviral effect without evidence of viral resistance during treatment period in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B. ..
- Kang S, Lee H, Park Y, Choi J, Han C, Kim Y, et al. Possible association between the -2548A/G polymorphism of the leptin gene and olanzapine-induced weight gain. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2008;32:160-3 pubmed..046). This finding supports the presence of a relationship between the -2548A/G SNP of the leptin gene and weight gain in Korean schizophrenic patients receiving olanzapine treatment. ..
- Na S, Kim C, Kim J, Cho J, Kim K. Rigid laryngoscope-assisted insertion of transesophageal echocardiography probe reduces oropharyngeal mucosal injury in anesthetized patients. Anesthesiology. 2009;110:38-40 pubmed publisher..Rigid laryngoscope-assisted insertion of the transesophageal echocardiography probe reduces the incidence of oropharyngeal mucosal injury, odynophagia, and the number of insertion attempts. ..
- Son C, Jung K, Song S, Jun J. Monckeberg’s sclerosis in a patient with systemic sclerosis. Rheumatol Int. 2009;30:105-7 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that systemic sclerosis may not be a risk factor for MS. ..
- Ahn Y, Chang H, Lim Y, Hah J, Kwon T, Sung M, et al. Primary tracheal tumors: review of 37 cases. J Thorac Oncol. 2009;4:635-8 pubmed publisher..Among malignant tumors, surgery should be considered as the first choice of treatment, regardless of the histologic type, if the tumors are resectable. ..
- Park S, Choi S, Lee K, Park H. Waist circumference and waist-to-height ratio as predictors of cardiovascular disease risk in Korean adults. Circ J. 2009;73:1643-50 pubmed..6 to 85.2 cm in men and from 78.1 to 81.9 cm in women. The optimal BMI cut-off point varied from 23.0 to 24.7 kg/m(2) in both men and women. WC or WHtR may be a better predictor of CVD risk factors than BMI in Korean adults. ..
- Choi J, Cho D, Song Y, Hahn J, Choi S, Gwon H, et al. Preoperative NT-proBNP and CRP predict perioperative major cardiovascular events in non-cardiac surgery. Heart. 2010;96:56-62 pubmed publisher..The predictive power of current clinical risk evaluation system would be strengthened by these biomarkers. ..
- Lee J, Kim B, Lee S, Jeung Y, Oh M, Park M, et al. Toxocariasis might be an important cause of atopic myelitis in Korea. J Korean Med Sci. 2009;24:1024-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that toxocariasis might be an important cause of atopic myelitis and Toxocara ELISA is essential for evaluating the causes of atopic myelitis...
- Park K, Kim S, Choi S, Lee W. Differentiation of nonneoplastic and neoplastic gallbladder polyps 1 cm or bigger with multi-detector row computed tomography. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2010;34:135-9 pubmed publisher..To evaluate useful computed tomographic features to differentiate nonneoplastic and neoplastic gallbladder polyps 1 cm or bigger...
- ..The biopsy compliance rate increased from 36% during 1997-1998 to 70% during 2005-2006. The data from this study suggest that the increase in the incidence of prostate cancer might have been inaccurate in Korea. ..
- Kim T, Lee S, Han J, Park D, Lee S, Seo D, et al. The role of endoscopic retrograde cholangiography for biliary stricture after adult living donor liver transplantation: technical aspect and outcome. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:188-96 pubmed publisher..Strategies are thought to be needed to improve outcomes such as technical/instrumental improvement. ..
- Song J, Kang W, Kim D, Yoon T, Kim T, Bang Y, et al. The effect of ulinastatin on postoperative blood loss in patients undergoing open heart surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass. J Int Med Res. 2011;39:1201-10 pubmed..Ulinastatin caused a non-significant decrease in duration of intubation. Patients who received ulinastatin had significantly shorter ICU stays than control patients. ..
- Won J, Kwon H, Kim C, Lee J, Park T, Ko K, et al. Prevalence and clinical characteristics of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in hospital patients with Type 2 diabetes in Korea. Diabet Med. 2012;29:e290-6 pubmed publisher..The proper management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy deserves attention from clinicians to ensure better management of diabetes in Korea. ..
- Choi H, Chun H, Park S, Keum B, Seo Y, Kim Y, et al. Comparison of sequential and 7-, 10-, 14-d triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:2377-82 pubmed publisher..To compare the effectiveness of sequential therapy for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection with that of triple therapy of varying durations...
- Park H, Lee S, Kim H, Ju Y, Shin J, Hong D, et al. Comprehensive genomic analyses associate UGT8 variants with musical ability in a Mongolian population. J Med Genet. 2012;49:747-52 pubmed publisher..9 × 10(-6)). This study provides new insight into the genetics of musical ability, exemplifying a methodology to assign functional significance to synonymous and non-coding alleles by integrating multiple experimental methods. ..
- Seo H, Yoon S, Kim E, Oh I, Lee Y, Kim Y. The economic burden of rheumatic heart disease in South Korea. Rheumatol Int. 2013;33:1505-10 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the patterns of disease in South Korea were similar to patterns observed in other high-income countries. These findings indicate that secondary prevention strategies for the early detection of RHD are needed in South Korea. ..
- Lee S, Kim K, Kim D, Kim B. Male-specific W4P/R mutation in the pre-S1 region of hepatitis B virus, increasing the risk of progression of liver diseases in chronic patients. J Clin Microbiol. 2013;51:3928-36 pubmed publisher..The W4P/R mutations may provide in part an explanation for the relatively high ratio of male to female incidence in HCC generation in South Korean chronic HBV patients...