Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications616 found, 100 shown here
- Kim H, Ju M, Shim J, Kim M, Lee S, Huh Y, et al. Mulberry fruit protects dopaminergic neurons in toxin-induced Parkinson's disease models. Br J Nutr. 2010;104:8-16 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ME has neuroprotective effects in in vitro and in vivo PD models, and that it may be useful in preventing or treating PD...
- Park K, Seong S, Park Y, Choi Y, Park J, Lee S, et al. Telomerase reverse transcriptase related with telomerase activity regulates tumorigenic potential of mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:149-57 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggested that mTERT might be potentially beneficial as a biomarker, rather than oncogenes of somatic cells, for the assessment of ESCs tumorigenicity. ..
- Lim D, Li M, Seo J, Lim K, Ham S. A novel organogermanium protected atopic dermatitis induced by oxazolone. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:4032-4 pubmed publisher..The histological examination further supported the anti-AD activities. These results suggested that Ge-Vit can be a useful drug candidate for treating atopic dermatitis...
- Bae H, Park N, Kim Y, Hong M, Shin M, Kim S, et al. The modulative effect of Cyperi Rhizoma on Th1/Th2 lineage development. Cytokine. 2010;51:259-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CR extract may be useful for preventing the onset of allergies or improving allergic symptoms. ..
- Park J, Oh Y, Yoo L, Jung M, Song W, Lee S, et al. Dyrk1A phosphorylates p53 and inhibits proliferation of embryonic neuronal cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31895-906 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that up-regulation of Dyrk1A contributes to altered neuronal proliferation in DS through specific phosphorylation of p53 at Ser-15 and subsequent p21(CIP1) induction. ..
- Choi J, Shin D, Yoon H, Kim J, Lee C, Kim M, et al. Salmonella pathogenicity island 2 expression negatively controlled by EIIANtr-SsrB interaction is required for Salmonella virulence. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:20506-11 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that normal SPI-2 gene expression maintained by an EIIA(Ntr)-SsrB interaction is another determinant of Salmonella virulence. ..
- Song K, Kim D, Lee J, Yun C, Lee W. KLF10, transforming growth factor-?-inducible early gene 1, acts as a tumor suppressor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;419:388-94 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that KLF10 is a tumor suppressor and that it targets p21(WAF1/CIP1) transcription. ..
- Kim K, Park S, Jung S, Kim E, Jogeswar G, Ajita J, et al. miR-182 is a negative regulator of osteoblast proliferation, differentiation, and skeletogenesis through targeting FoxO1. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:1669-79 pubmed publisher..To treat bone aging, an antisense approach targeting miR-182 could be of therapeutic value. ..
- Song K, Park J, Ha H. High glucose increases mesangial lipid accumulation via impaired cholesterol transporters. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:1021-5 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that high glucose, in itself, can induce mesangial lipid accumulation; this effect may be associated with an impaired balance between the influx and efflux of cholesterol. ..
- Maeng Y, Maharjan S, Kim J, Park J, Suk Yu Y, Kim Y, et al. Rk1, a ginsenoside, is a new blocker of vascular leakage acting through actin structure remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68659 pubmed publisher..These findings raise the possibility that ginsenoside Rk1 could be exploited as a novel prototype compound for the prevention of human diseases that are characterized by vascular leakage. ..
- Nguyen N, Yi J, Park H, Lee J, Ko Y. Mitsugumin 53 (MG53) ligase ubiquitinates focal adhesion kinase during skeletal myogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3209-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that MG53 induces FAK ubiquitination with the aid of UBE2H during skeletal myogenesis. ..
- Cho Y, Kang W, Kim S, Sa J, Kim N, Paddison P, et al. Involvement of DDX6 gene in radio- and chemoresistance in glioblastoma. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1053-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that DDX6 discovered by using whole genome screening was responsible for radio- and chemoresistance in GBM. ..
- Lee H, Lee H, Yun Y, Oh J, Che L, Lee M, et al. Hypoxia-specific, VEGF-expressing neural stem cell therapy for safe and effective treatment of neuropathic pain. J Control Release. 2016;226:21-34 pubmed publisher..From our results, we determined that EpoSV-VEGF-NSCs safely regulate VEGF gene expression which is dependent upon oxygenation status. In addition, we found that they are therapeutically appropriate for treating sciatic nerve injury. ..
- Ahn H, Yoo J, Lee S, Lee H, Lee H, Lee D. Peroxiredoxin 5 promotes the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colon cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:580-586 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PRX5 can be used as a predictive biomarker and serves as a putative therapeutic target for the development of clinical treatments for human CRC. ..
- Lee J, Cole T, Palmiter R, Koh J. Accumulation of zinc in degenerating hippocampal neurons of ZnT3-null mice after seizures: evidence against synaptic vesicle origin. J Neurosci. 2000;20:RC79 pubmed..However, the origin of zinc is not likely to be synaptic vesicles, because zinc accumulation robustly occurs in ZnT3-null mice lacking synaptic vesicle zinc. ..
- Koo B, Lee S, Ha J, Lee D. Inhibitory effects of the essential oil from SuHeXiang Wan on the central nervous system after inhalation. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:515-9 pubmed
- Lim M, Nam S, Kim S, Kang S, Lee Y, Kang K. Signaling pathways of the early differentiation of neural stem cells by neurotrophin-3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:903-9 pubmed
- Jee B, Lee J, Lim Y, Lee K, Jo Y. Effect of KAI1/CD82 on the beta1 integrin maturation in highly migratory carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:703-8 pubmed..These results support a model in which KAI1/CD82 attenuates the maturation of the beta1 integrin precursor and thereby suppresses cell migration. ..
- Kang S, Jang E, Paik D, Jang Y, Youn J. CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells selectively diminish systemic autoreactivity in arthritic K/BxN mice. Mol Cells. 2008;25:64-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that despite the inability of the T(reg) cells to suppress arthritis development, they play a critical role protecting the arthritic mice from systemic expansion of autoimmunity. ..
- Park K, Park J, Woo D, Yang H, Chung H, Park K. The use of chondrogenic differentiation drugs to induce stem cell differentiation using double bead microsphere structure. Biomaterials. 2008;29:2490-500 pubmed publisher..These double beaded PLGA microsphere constructs containing DEXA and DHEA show promise as coatings for implantable biomedical devices to improve biocompatibility and ensure in vivo performance. ..
- Jung H, Song Y, Lim C, Park E. Anti-angiogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive activities of vanillyl alcohol. Arch Pharm Res. 2008;31:1275-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, vanillyl alcohol possesses anti-angiogenic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-nociceptive activities, which may be partly responsible for pharmacological efficacies of several folkloric medicines containing vanillyl alcohol...
- Lee K, Kim S, Jeong E, Park J, Kim S, Kim Y, et al. New secoisolariciresinol derivatives from Lindera obtusiloba stems and their neuroprotective activities. Planta Med. 2010;76:294-7 pubmed publisher..obtusiloba stems. Compounds 1, 2, and 3 showed neuroprotective effects on glutamate-induced toxicity in HT22 cells...
- Seo J, Park J, Yu M, Kim Y, Ha H, Lee H. Positive feedback loop between plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 during renal fibrosis in diabetes. Am J Nephrol. 2009;30:481-90 pubmed publisher..Since TGF-beta1 is well known to stimulate the PAI-1 promoter, we suggest that TGF-beta1 and PAI-1 together constitute a positive feedback loop in the development of renal fibrosis in diabetes. ..
- Lee H, Kang R, Hahn Y, Yang Y, Kim S, Cho S, et al. Antiobesity effect of baicalin involves the modulations of proadipogenic and antiadipogenic regulators of the adipogenesis pathway. Phytother Res. 2009;23:1615-23 pubmed publisher..The overall effects of baicalin on these upstream regulators of adipogenesis were antiadipogenic, resulting in the down-regulation of downstream genes and the inhibition of cellular fat accumulation. ..
- Lee S, Choi H, Kim H, Lee H, Sung Y, Kim S, et al. Inhibitory effect of Angelicae Tenuissimae Radix on expressions of cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase in mouse BV2 microglial cells. Neurol Res. 2010;32 Suppl 1:58-63 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that Angelicae Tenuissimae Radix can be applied as a valuable treatment for brain inflammation and headache. ..
- Kong J, Yoo S, Kim H, Kim H, Yea K, Ryu S, et al. Inhibition of synovial hyperplasia, rheumatoid T cell activation, and experimental arthritis in mice by sulforaphane, a naturally occurring isothiocyanate. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:159-70 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether sulforaphane (SFN), an isothiocyanate derived from cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, regulates synoviocyte hyperplasia and T cell activation in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Kim J, Choi S, Cho H, Hwang H, Kim Y, Lim S, et al. Protective effects of kaempferol (3,4',5,7-tetrahydroxyflavone) against amyloid beta peptide (Abeta)-induced neurotoxicity in ICR mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:397-401 pubmed..Taken altogether, the results reported here suggest that further investigation is warranted of the influence of kaempferol on pathways related to Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Park S, Kim J, Joo K, Choi S, Choi E, Shin J, et al. Globotriaosylceramide leads to K(Ca)3.1 channel dysfunction: a new insight into endothelial dysfunction in Fabry disease. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;89:290-9 pubmed publisher..Gb3 thereby evokes K(Ca)3.1 channel dysfunction, and the channel dysfunction in vascular endothelial cells may contribute to vasculopathy in Fabry disease. ..
- Park B, Buti L, Lee S, Matsuwaki T, Spooner E, Brinkmann M, et al. Granulin is a soluble cofactor for toll-like receptor 9 signaling. Immunity. 2011;34:505-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that granulin contributes to innate immunity as a critical soluble cofactor for TLR9 signaling. ..
- Byun H, Kim D, Koh J. Obesity and downregulated hypothalamic leptin receptors in male metallothionein-3-null mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;44:125-32 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing insight into the role of zinc and metallothioneins in the development of obesity, this new information may help design ways to overcome the pervasive problem of obesity. ..
- Chung S, Kim M, Lee J, Ahn B, Jung H, Lee H, et al. Mechanism for antioxidative effects of thiazolidinediones in pancreatic ?-cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011;301:E912-21 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression of catalase is increased by TZDs, and catalase, at least in part, mediates the antioxidant effect of TZDs in pancreatic ?-cells. ..
- Oh K, Ko E, Kim H, Park A, Moon H, Noh D, et al. Transglutaminase 2 facilitates the distant hematogenous metastasis of breast cancer by modulating interleukin-6 in cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res. 2011;13:R96 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that TG2 is an important link in IL-6-mediated tumor aggressiveness, and that TG2 could be an important mediator of distant metastasis, both in a xenograft animal model and in patients with advanced breast cancer. ..
- Shin J, Nakagawa E, Kim E, Cho K, Lee J, Cho S, et al. miR-200b regulates cell migration via Zeb family during mouse palate development. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;137:459-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-200b plays crucial roles in cell migration and palatal fusion by regulating Zeb1 and Zeb2 as a noncoding RNA during palate development...
- Jang S, Lee Y, Lim S, Kim K, Lee K, An G, et al. Imaging of a localized bacterial infection with endogenous thymidine kinase using radioisotope-labeled nucleosides. Int J Med Microbiol. 2012;302:101-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a localized bacterial infection in living mice can be monitored using radioisotope-labeled nucleosides with a nuclear medicine imaging modality. ..
- Kim J, Cha H, Kim E, Kweon M. Pathological effect of IL-17A-producing TCR??(+) T cells in mouse genital mucosa against HSV-2 infection. Immunol Lett. 2012;147:34-40 pubmed publisher..These results imply that genital IL-17A-producing TCR??(+) T cells constitutively exist at steady state and that they play a pathogenic effect against HSV-2 infection and are not affected by microflora, unlike conventional Th17 cells. ..
- Lee K, Hwang S, Paik D, Kim W, Kim J, Youn J. Bacillus-derived poly-?-glutamic acid reciprocally regulates the differentiation of T helper 17 and regulatory T cells and attenuates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2012;170:66-76 pubmed publisher..These findings draw attention to the potential of ?-PGA for treating Th17 cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Kim J, Choi J, Choi J, Cha Y, Muthaiya M, Lee C. Effect of fermented soybean product (Cheonggukjang) intake on metabolic parameters in mice fed a high-fat diet. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013;57:1886-91 pubmed publisher..g., lyso-phosphatidylcholines and phosphatidylcholines. Therefore, diets containing soy-based food products, which are rich sources of isoflavonoids, might be helpful for controlling the lipid metabolism under high-fat diet conditions. ..
- Jang E, Park H, Hong J, Hwang E. Lysine 313 of T-box is crucial for modulation of protein stability, DNA binding, and threonine phosphorylation of T-bet. J Immunol. 2013;190:5764-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, multiple posttranslational modifications of T-bet are involved in fine-tuning cytokine production during Th cell development. ..
- Kim M, Kim T. IgA+ plasma cells in murine intestinal lamina propria as a positive regulator of Treg differentiation. J Leukoc Biol. 2014;95:461-9 pubmed publisher..LP-PCs generated by commensal bacteria may play a crucial role in intestinal immunity through the induction of Treg, as well as IgA production. ..
- Kang M, Kim M, Kim W, Um J, Shin Y, Song J, et al. Lanatoside C suppressed colorectal cancer cell growth by inducing mitochondrial dysfunction and increased radiation sensitivity by impairing DNA damage repair. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6074-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, lanatoside C could be a potential molecule for anti-cancer drugs and radiosensitizing agents. ..
- Im D, Shin H, Yang K, Jung S, Song H, Hwang H, et al. Cilastatin attenuates vancomycin-induced nephrotoxicity via P-glycoprotein. Toxicol Lett. 2017;277:9-17 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that mechanism of VIN might be involved, at least in part, in suppressing P-gp function, and cilastatin attenuated VIN. ..
- Rhyu I, Oda S, Uhm C, Kim H, Suh Y, Abbott L. Morphologic investigation of rolling mouse Nagoya (tg(rol)/tg(rol)) cerebellar Purkinje cells: an ataxic mutant, revisited. Neurosci Lett. 1999;266:49-52 pubmed..The correlation between the presence of altered Purkinje cell synapses and ataxia in rolling mice warrants further investigation. ..
- Bae E, Choo M, Park E, Park S, Shin H, Kim D. Metabolism of ginsenoside R(c) by human intestinal bacteria and its related antiallergic activity. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:743-7 pubmed..W. 940[+Na]). Among ginsenoside R(c) and its metabolites, compound K exhibited the most potent antiallergic activity on the IgE-induced RBL cell line as well as potent cytotoxic activity against tumor cell lines. ..
- Park J, Rhyu J, Kim C, Kim H, Lee S, Kwon Y, et al. Neoplastic change of squamo-columnar junction in uterine cervix and vaginal epithelium by exogenous estrogen in hpv-18 URR E6/E7 transgenic mice. Gynecol Oncol. 2003;89:360-8 pubmed
- Lee M, Kim J, Suk K, Park J. Identification of the hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha-responsive HGTD-P gene as a mediator in the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3918-27 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that HGTD-P is a new HIF-1 alpha-responsive proapoptotic molecule that activates mitochondrial apoptotic cascades. ..
- Ryu C, Kim S, Lee K, Lee J, Kim H, Lee W, et al. The merlin tumor suppressor interacts with Ral guanine nucleotide dissociation stimulator and inhibits its activity. Oncogene. 2005;24:5355-64 pubmed..These results suggest that merlin can function as a tumor suppressor by inhibiting the RalGDS-mediated oncogenic signals. ..
- Go Y, Lee J, Ye J, Lee J, Park S, Song C, et al. Experimental reproduction of proliferative enteropathy and the role of IFN-gamma in protective immunity against Lawsonia intracellularis in mice. J Vet Sci. 2005;6:357-9 pubmed..These data indicated that the IFN-gamma produced in the infected mice should have been utilized by it's receptor to elicit protective immune responses against L. intracellularis infections...
- Kim M, Choi S, Lim S, Kim H, Heo H, Kim E, et al. Ferulic acid supplementation prevents trimethyltin-induced cognitive deficits in mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1063-8 pubmed..This suggests that ferulic acid might be useful for preventing cognitive dysfunction as well as for boosting the activation of ChAT in dementia. ..
- Lee K, Choi E. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of Ligularia fischeri leaves in experimental animals. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;120:103-7 pubmed publisher..These inhibitions were statistically significant (P<0.05). Thus, our investigation suggests a potential benefit of Ligularia fischeri in treating conditions associated with inflammatory pain. ..
- Lee J, Kim Y, Kim T, Koh J, Kim Y. Essential role for zinc-triggered p75NTR activation in preconditioning neuroprotection. J Neurosci. 2008;28:10919-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that caspase-3 activation during ischemic PC, a necessary event for subsequent neuroprotection, may result from mild zinc accumulation and the consequent p75(NTR) activation in neurons. ..
- Hong S, Kim M, Ahn S. Glutamatergic transmission is sustained at a later period of development of medial nucleus of the trapezoid body-lateral superior olive synapses in circling mice. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13003-7 pubmed publisher..No significant difference was found in the immunoreactivity of NR2B-type NMDAR. These results indicate that glutamatergic transmission is sustained at a later period of developing MNTB-LSO synapses in homozygous (cir/cir) mice. ..
- Gong S, Kim H, Lee E, Lee S, Moon S, Lee H, et al. Change in gene expression of mouse embryonic stem cells derived from parthenogenetic activation. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:805-14 pubmed publisher..These results may suggest the clinical feasibility of parthenogenesis-derived, pluripotent cells. ..
- Park E, Kim H, Kim Y, Park K. Intratracheal instillation of platinum nanoparticles may induce inflammatory responses in mice. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:727-35 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, it is suggested that the exposure to PNPs may induce inflammatory responses in mice. ..
- Park H, Han E, Park D, Lee C, Lee K. An extract of Phellinus linteus grown on germinated brown rice inhibits inflammation markers in RAW264.7 macrophages by suppressing inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, and mediators and up-regulating antioxidant activity. J Med Food. 2010;13:1468-77 pubmed publisher..7 cells by virtue of its ability to suppress the production of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines via inhibition of MAPK activation and up-regulation of antioxidant activities. ..
- Park H, Choi Y, Cho Y, Henson P, Kang J. RhoA-mediated signaling up-regulates hepatocyte growth factor gene and protein expression in response to apoptotic cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:399-411 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data provide evidence that activation of the RhoA/Rho kinase pathway up-regulates transcriptional HGF production in response to apoptotic cells. ..
- Han N, Kim H, Jeong H. Kanamycin activates caspase-1 in NC/Nga mice. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:659-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the use of kanamycin during infancy may increase the potential for skin inflammatory reactions through the upregulation of caspase-1. ..
- Moon J, Pyo K, Jung B, Chun H, Chai J, Shin E. Resistance to Toxoplasma gondii infection in mice treated with silk protein by enhanced immune responses. Korean J Parasitol. 2011;49:303-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that silk protein augments immune capacity in mice and the increased cellular immunity by silk protein administration increases host protection against acute T. gondii infection. ..
- Ryu K, Park H, Rossi D, Weissman I, Kopito R. Perturbation of the hematopoietic system during embryonic liver development due to disruption of polyubiquitin gene Ubc in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32956 pubmed publisher..Thus, the lethality of Ubc(-/-) embryos is not the result of intrinsic HSC failure. ..
- Kim Y, Kim Y, Lee J, Kim E, Park Y, Choe S, et al. Functional changes in myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSCs) during tumor growth: FKBP51 contributes to the regulation of the immunosuppressive function of MDSCs. J Immunol. 2012;188:4226-34 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that FKBP51 is a novel molecule that can be targeted to regulate the immunosuppressive function of MDSCs. ..
- Choi J, Shin D, Kim M, Park J, Lim S, Ryu S. LsrR-mediated quorum sensing controls invasiveness of Salmonella typhimurium by regulating SPI-1 and flagella genes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37059 pubmed publisher..These results imply that LsrR plays an important role in selecting infectious niche of Salmonella in QS dependent mode...
- Lee Y, Kim J, Lee E, Ahn Y, Song K, Yoon K, et al. Chronic resveratrol treatment protects pancreatic islets against oxidative stress in db/db mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50412 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RSV may have a therapeutic implication in the prevention and management of diabetes. ..
- Lee J, Park M, Park J, Lee H, Shin D, Kang Y, et al. Loss of the polycomb protein Mel-18 enhances the epithelial-mesenchymal transition by ZEB1 and ZEB2 expression through the downregulation of miR-205 in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2014;33:1325-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Mel-18 functions as a tumor suppressor by its novel negative control of the EMT, achieved through regulating the expression of miR-205 and its target genes, ZEB1 and ZEB2. ..
- Lee J, Bang J, Woo H. Immunomodulatory and anti-allergic effects of orally administered Lactobacillus species in ovalbumin-sensitized mice. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;23:724-30 pubmed..L3 induced antiallergic effects by increasing Th1 cytokines, decreasing Th2 cytokines, and inhibiting the PCA reaction, whereas L2 administration increased allergic effects...
- Kim Y, Park E, Noh H, Park S. Expression of EphA8-Fc in transgenic mouse embryos induces apoptosis of neural epithelial cells during brain development. Dev Neurobiol. 2013;73:702-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that reverse signaling through ephrin-As is biochemically linked with caspase-dependent proapoptotic signaling during early brain development. ..
- Suh K, Choi E, Lee Y, Kim Y. Protective effect of albiflorin against oxidative-stress-mediated toxicity in osteoblast-like MC3T3-E1 cells. Fitoterapia. 2013;89:33-41 pubmed publisher..All of these data indicate that albiflorin may reduce or prevent osteoblast degeneration in osteoporosis. ..
- Nam H, Boo K, Kim D, Han D, Choe H, Kim C, et al. Phosphorylation of LSD1 by PKC? is crucial for circadian rhythmicity and phase resetting. Mol Cell. 2014;53:791-805 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that LSD1 is a key component of the molecular circadian oscillator, which plays a pivotal role in rhythmicity and phase resetting of the circadian clock. ..
- Lee S, Lee J, Song S, Lim K. Glycoprotein isolated from Styrax japonica Siebold etÂ al. Zuccarini inhibits oxidative and pro-inflammatory responses in HCT116 colonic epithelial cells and dextran sulfate sodium-treated ICR mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;87:12-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SJSZ glycoprotein inhibits oxidative and pro-inflammatory responses in mouse colitis. ..
- Yun U, Sung J, Park S, Ye S, Shim J, Lee J, et al. Oncogenic role of rab escort protein 1 through EGFR and STAT3 pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2621 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that REP1 plays an oncogenic role, driving tumorigenicity via EGFR and STAT3 signaling, and is a potential therapeutic target to control cancers. ..
- Kang C, Park K, Cho C, Seo J, Park W, Lee S, et al. Hspa4 (HSP70) is involved in the radioadaptive response: results from mouse splenocytes. Radiat Res. 2002;157:650-5 pubmed..These results suggest that Hspa4 is a key molecule in the induction of the adaptive response. ..
- Lee S, Lee I, Mar W. Inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 activity by 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-beta-D-glucose in murine macrophage cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2003;26:832-9 pubmed
- Cho K, Lee J, Kim K, Lee E, Suh J, Lee H, et al. Fine mapping of the circling (cir) gene on the distal portion of mouse chromosome 9. Comp Med. 2003;53:642-8 pubmed..Therefore, the circling mouse is a potential animal model for DFNB6 deafness in humans. ..
- Ye S, Kim T, Won S, Yoon T, Park T, Yoo Y, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the mouse interleukin-2 receptor beta chain gene by Ets and Egr-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1094-101 pubmed
- Son G, Geum D, Chung S, Kim E, Jo J, Kim C, et al. Maternal stress produces learning deficits associated with impairment of NMDA receptor-mediated synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci. 2006;26:3309-18 pubmed..These results suggest that prolonged maternal stress leads to long-lasting malfunction of the hippocampus, which extends to and is manifested in adulthood. ..
- Kim T, Jung M, Cho D, Cohen E. Prolongation of the survival of breast cancer-bearing mice immunized with GM-CSF-secreting syngeneic/allogeneic fibroblasts transfected with a cDNA expression library from breast cancer cells. Vaccine. 2006;24:6564-73 pubmed..As the transferred DNA is replicated as the transfected cells divide, the vaccine could be prepared from microgram quantities of tumor tissue. ..
- Kim Y, Lee M, Sung S, Kim S. Sesquiterpenes from Ulmus davidiana var. japonica with the inhibitory effects on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production. Fitoterapia. 2007;78:196-9 pubmed..All the three sesquiterpenes inhibited lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production in murine microglial BV2 cells...
- Leem Y, Lim H, Shim S, Cho J, Kim B, Han P. Repression of tau hyperphosphorylation by chronic endurance exercise in aged transgenic mouse model of tauopathies. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2561-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that chronic endurance exercise may provide a therapeutic potential to alleviate the tau pathology. ..
- Kim S, Cho S, Kim K, Shin K, Kim H, Park C, et al. Alpha-synuclein induces migration of BV-2 microglial cells by up-regulation of CD44 and MT1-MMP. J Neurochem. 2009;109:1483-96 pubmed publisher..With the recruitment of the microglial population into the SNpc during dopaminergic neurodegeneration, alpha-synuclein may play a role in accelerating the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Cho K, Joo S, Han H, Ryu K, Woo S. Osteoclast activation by receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand enhances the mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells from the bone marrow in acute injury. Int J Mol Med. 2010;26:557-63 pubmed..These results suggest that OCLs might be involved in alteration of the interaction between SDF-1 and CXCR4 leading to mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells from the BM. ..
- Song D, Park J, Jung I, Choi S, Cho K, Kim C, et al. Enhanced adipogenic differentiation and reduced collagen synthesis induced by human periodontal ligament stem cells might underlie the negative effect of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 on periodontal regeneration. J Periodontal Res. 2011;46:193-203 pubmed publisher
- Jung M, Park Y, Song S, Cheon S, Park S, Houh Y, et al. Erythroid differentiation regulator 1, an interleukin 18-regulated gene, acts as a metastasis suppressor in melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:2096-104 pubmed publisher..Erdr1 is an anti-metastatic factor that may be a possible therapeutic target for treatment of melanoma. ..
- Cho H, Yoon H, Koo H, Ko S, Shim J, Lee J, et al. Self-assembled nanoparticles based on hyaluronic acid-ceramide (HA-CE) and Pluronic® for tumor-targeted delivery of docetaxel. Biomaterials. 2011;32:7181-90 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the HA-CE-based nanoparticles prepared may be a promising anti-cancer drug delivery system through passive and active tumor targeting...
- Lee W, Cha S, Shin M, Jung M, Islam M, Cho C, et al. Efficacy of thiolated eudragit microspheres as an oral vaccine delivery system to induce mucosal immunity against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli in mice. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2012;81:43-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that F4 or F18 loaded TEMS may be a promising candidate for an oral vaccine delivery system to elicit systemic and mucosal immunity against ETEC. ..
- Song S, Lee M, Lee J, Jeong H, Kim H, Kim W, et al. Genetic modification of human adipose-derived stem cells for promoting wound healing. J Dermatol Sci. 2012;66:98-107 pubmed publisher..Genetic modification of hASCs to stimulate secretion of growth factors is a novel strategy to maximize their paracrine effect and improve their therapeutic potential. ..
- Na Y, Yang S, Kim S, Jung K, Moon J, Shin J, et al. YM155 induces EGFR suppression in pancreatic cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38625 pubmed publisher..Therefore, YM155 acts through modulation of EGFR and survivin expression to subsequently reduce survival. We suggest that YM155 has potential as a therapeutic agent in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Jang H, Noh J, Shin J, Lin J, Lee S. PTEN regulation by the Akt/GSK-3? axis during RANKL signaling. Bone. 2013;55:126-31 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that inhibiting GSK-3? during RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis decreases PTEN phosphorylation, leading to enhanced osteoclast differentiation through Akt activation. ..
- Seo S, Yang H, Shin S, Min S, Kim Y, Yu J, et al. A metabolite of daidzein, 6,7,4'-trihydroxyisoflavone, suppresses adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes via ATP-competitive inhibition of PI3K. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013;57:1446-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that 6,7,4'-THIF suppresses adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes by directly targeting PI3K. Soy isoflavones like 6,7,4'-THIF may have potential for development into novel treatment strategies for chronic obesity. ..