Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Daegu, South Korea
Locale: Daegu, South Korea
- Park G, Park J, Kwon D, Kwon D, Park J. Do the Findings of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Arthrography, and Ultrasonography Reflect Clinical Impairment in Patients With Idiopathic Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder?. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98:1995-2001 pubmed publisher..US is recommended as the preferred option for diagnosing IAC of the shoulder because it is noninvasive, reflects the clinical features of IAC, and provides anatomical accuracy. ..
- Kim B, Pai H, Choi W, Kim Y, Kweon K, Kim H, et al. Current status of indwelling urinary catheter utilization and catheter-associated urinary tract infection throughout hospital wards in Korea: A multicenter prospective observational study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185369 pubmed publisher..122, 95% confidence interval 1.074-1.173, P< 0.001). IUC-days and CA-UTI rates vary between hospitals. IUC-days is a risk factor for CA-UTI, and is correlated with inappropriate use...
- Iwashita Y, Hibi T, Ohyama T, Honda G, Yoshida M, Miura F, et al. An opportunity in difficulty: Japan-Korea-Taiwan expert Delphi consensus on surgical difficulty during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2017;24:191-198 pubmed publisher..The median point for each item was set as the difficulty score. A Delphi consensus was reached among expert LC surgeons on the impact of intraoperative findings on surgical difficulty. ..
- Smolen J, Choe J, Prodanovic N, Niebrzydowski J, Staykov I, Dokoupilova E, et al. Comparing biosimilar SB2 with reference infliximab after 54 weeks of a double-blind trial: clinical, structural and safety results. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1771-1779 pubmed publisher..Radiographic progression was comparable at 1 year. ClinicalTrials.gov (http://clinicaltrials.gov; NCT01936181) and EudraCT (https://www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu; 2012-005733-37). ..
- Park B, Chun E, Choi J, Shin Y, Kho Y, Oh S, et al. Administration of Wasabia koreana Ameliorates Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Like Symptoms in a Zymosan-Induced Mouse Model. J Med Food. 2017;20:474-484 pubmed publisher..These changes were accompanied by reduced FosB2 expression in the brain. Taken together, these data suggest that WK may have potential as a medicinal food for IBS by acting on inflammatory diarrhea and neural activity. ..
- Chang M. Sacral root injury during trans-sacral epiduroscopic laser decompression: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8326 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about the possible complications following SELD...
- Oh E, Jeong H, Kwon M, Ha S, Park H, Song J, et al. Unforeseen clonal evolution of tumor cell population in recurrent and metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185826 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to observe clonal evolution in metastatic DFSP and provide insight for a possible therapeutic strategy for imatinib-resistant or metastatic DFSP...
- Park S, Park J, Choi G, Kim H, Moon S, Yeo J. Comparison of Analgesic Efficacy of Laparoscope-Assisted and Ultrasound-Guided Transversus Abdominis Plane Block after Laparoscopic Colorectal Operation: A Randomized, Single-Blind, Non-Inferiority Trial. J Am Coll Surg. 2017;225:403-410 pubmed publisher..These results show our new LTAP block technique was non-inferior to the ultrasound-guided technique in providing a TAP block after laparoscopic colorectal operation. ..
- Singh M, Kwak G, Kim K, Kim H. Methionine sulfoxide reductase A protects hepatocytes against acetaminophen-induced toxicity via regulation of thioredoxin reductase 1 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:695-701 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that MsrA protects hepatocytes from APAP-induced cytotoxicity through the modulation of TXNRD1 expression. ..
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Lee M, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Thorleifsson G, Mizoguchi T, et al. Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2017;49:993-1004 pubmed publisher..3 (TMEM136), 6p21 (AGPAT1), 3p24 (RBMS3) and 5q23 (near SEMA6A). These findings provide biological insights into the pathology of XFS and highlight a potential role for naturally occurring rare LOXL1 variants in disease biology. ..
- Lee S, Ahn J, Mintz G, Hur S, Choi S, Kim S, et al. Characteristics of Earlier Versus Delayed Presentation of Very Late Drug-Eluting Stent Thrombosis: An Optical Coherence Tomographic Study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..The pathological mechanisms of very late DES thrombosis changed over time. Delayed neointimal healing remained a substantial substrate for VLST, even long after DES implantation. ..
- Park S, Kang B, Lee S, Yoon S, Chae Y, Kim J, et al. Clinical significance of systemic chemotherapy after curative resection of metachronous pulmonary metastases from colorectal cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;80:187-193 pubmed publisher..The chemotherapy following pulmonary resection was not significantly associated with the DFI (p = 0.416) and OS (p = 0.119). Systemic chemotherapy after pulmonary resection was not found to have a significant effect on survival. ..
- Park J, Choi S, Park S, Lee Y, Park J, Song P, et al. Promoting Wound Healing Using Low Molecular Weight Fucoidan in a Full-Thickness Dermal Excision Rat Model. Mar Drugs. 2017;15: pubmed publisher..These suggested that LMF promotes dermal wound healing via complex and coordinated antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and growth factor-dependent activities. ..
- Seo S, Lee C, Jeong J, Park K, Kim D, Jeoung J. Ganglion cell-inner plexiform layer and retinal nerve fiber layer thickness according to myopia and optic disc area: a quantitative and three-dimensional analysis. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:22 pubmed publisher..The current OCT maps employed in the evaluation of glaucoma should be analyzed in consideration of refractive status and optic disc size. ..
- Weon H, Kim T, Youn D. Postsynaptic N-type or P/Q-type calcium channels mediate long-term potentiation by group I metabotropic glutamate receptors in the trigeminal oralis. Life Sci. 2017;188:110-117 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that postsynaptic N-type and P/Q-type VGCCs mediate the DHPG-induced LTP at the trigeminal afferent synapses in the Vo. ..
- Park B, Bak S, Shin K, Kim M, Kim D, Jung S, et al. Promotion of hair growth by newly synthesized ceramide mimetic compound. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:173-177 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data strongly suggest that biologically active pseudoceramide promotes hair growth by stimulating do novo synthesis of sphingolipids in DP cells. ..
- Lee I, Kim D, Bae J. Sulforaphane Reduces HMGB1-Mediated Septic Responses and Improves Survival Rate in Septic Mice. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:1253-1271 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SFN is a possible therapeutic agent that can be used to treat various severe vascular inflammatory diseases via the inhibition of the HMGB1 signaling pathway. ..
- Lee J, Park J, Hwang D, Kim C, Choi K, Rhee T, et al. Similarity and Difference of Resting DistalÂ to Aortic Coronary Pressure andÂ Instantaneous Wave-Free Ratio. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2114-2123 pubmed publisher..Clinical Implication of 3-Vessel Fractional Flow Reserve [3V FFR-FRIENDS]; NCT01621438; andÂ StudyÂ ofÂ theÂ Natural History of FFR Guided Percutaneous Coronary Intervention [IRIS-FFR]; NCT01366404). ..
- Lee B, Joo K, Choi E, Jahng J, Kim H, Kim E. Evans blue dye-enhanced imaging of the brain microvessels using spectral focusing coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185519 pubmed publisher..The improved visualization of brain microvessels with EB enhanced the sensitivity of SF-CARS, detecting not only the blood vessels themselves but their integrity as well in the brain vasculature...
- Park J, Tak W, Park S, Kweon Y, Jang S, Lee Y, et al. Effects of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) on the progression of advanced liver disease: A Korean nationwide, multicenter, retrospective, observational, cohort study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6580 pubmed publisher..Long-term oral BCAA supplementation has beneficial effects in patients with advanced liver cirrhosis. A further large-scale prospective study is needed to delineate these beneficial effects. ..
- Kim G, Kang S, Kim M, Baik S. Prognostic value of sarcopenia in patients with liver cirrhosis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186990 pubmed publisher..However, study results remain inconclusive. Therefore, the aim of this study was to systematically review the impact of sarcopenia on outcome in patients with cirrhosis...
- Hong K, Kwon S, Lee S, Lee J, Kim Y, Song T, et al. Rivaroxaban vs Warfarin Sodium in the Ultra-Early Period After Atrial Fibrillation-Related Mild Ischemic Stroke: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:1206-1215 pubmed publisher..In atrial fibrillation (AF)-related acute ischemic stroke, the optimal oral anticoagulation strategy remains unclear...
- Park J, Park D. The terminal latency of the phrenic nerve correlates with respiratory symptoms in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1625-1628 pubmed publisher..The terminal latency of the phrenic nerve is useful for early detection of respiratory insufficiency in patients with ALS. ..
- Park S, Sung Y, Jeong J, Choi M, Lee J, Kwon W, et al. Critical roles of hMAGEA2 in induced pluripotent stem cell pluripotency, proliferation, and differentiation. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:392-400 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings prove that hMAGEA2 plays key roles in iPS cells. ..
- Lee W, Lee Y, Jeong G, Ku S, Bae J. Cudratricusxanthone A attenuates renal injury in septic mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;106:404-410 pubmed publisher..The present results suggested that CTXA could protect against sepsis-triggered renal injury in mice. ..
- Sung S, Kim S, Lee J, Nam T, Jeong S, Jang H, et al. Continuous Effect of Radial Resection Margin on Recurrence and Survival in Rectal Cancer Patients Who Receive Preoperative Chemoradiation and Curative Surgery: A Multicenter Retrospective Analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:647-653 pubmed publisher..1 to 5Â mm may be at intermediate risk, with moderately increased distant recurrence. Distal resection margin was not significantly associated with RFS in rectal cancer after neoadjuvant CRT and total mesorectal excision. ..
- Hashikawa K, Hashikawa Y, Tremblay R, Zhang J, Feng J, Sabol A, et al. Esr1+ cells in the ventromedial hypothalamus control female aggression. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1580-1590 pubmed publisher..These results support an essential role of the VMHvl in both male and female aggression and reveal the existence of two previously unappreciated subdivisions in the female VMHvl that are involved in distinct social behaviors. ..
- Lee W, Ku S, Kim M, Bae J. Anti-factor Xa activities of zingerone with anti-platelet aggregation activity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;105:186-193 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that ZGR could serve as candidates and provide scaffolds for the development of new anti-FXa and anti-platelet drugs. ..
- Park K, Kim E, Han H, Shim Y, Kwon J, Ku B, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of rivastigmine patch therapy in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's dementia associated with minimal and moderate ischemic white matter hyperintensities: A multicenter prospective open-label clinical trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182123 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01380288. ..
- Chang M, Ahn S. The effect of intra-articular stimulation by pulsed radiofrequency on chronic sacroiliac joint pain refractory to intra-articular corticosteroid injection: A retrospective study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7367 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the effective mode of PRF stimulation and appropriate patient group, and studies on pain conditions that are most responsive to PRF are needed in the future. ..
- Parikh R, Khush K, Luikart H, Pargaonkar V, Kobayashi Y, Lee J, et al. Impact of Asymmetric Dimethylarginine on Coronary Physiology Early After Heart Transplantation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1020-1025 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, baseline ADMA was a strong independent predictor of FFR <0.90, suggesting that elevated ADMA levels are associated with abnormal epicardial function soon after heart transplantation. ..
- Cho S, Park J, Liu Y, Park Y, Kim J, Yang H, et al. Sporadic Early-Onset Diffuse Gastric Cancers Have High Frequency of Somatic CDH1 Alterations, but Low Frequency of Somatic RHOA Mutations Compared With Late-Onset Cancers. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:536-549.e26 pubmed publisher..Female predominance in early-onset gastric cancer may be related to relatively high rates of somatic CDH1 and TGFBR1 mutations in this population. ..
- Lee H, Kim Y, Kim S, Park Y, Eom H, Oh S, et al. Clinical outcomes in patients with diffuse large B cell lymphoma with a partial response to first-line R-CHOP chemotherapy: prognostic value of secondary International Prognostic Index scores and Deauville scores. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1873-1881 pubmed publisher..009) and demonstrated a trend toward inferior OS2. In conclusion, DLBCL patients who partially responded to R-CHOP are still a heterogeneous group, for which IPI2 and Deauville scores should be evaluated for prediction of prognosis. ..
- Sah S, Lee C, Jang J, Park G. Effect of high-fat diet on cognitive impairment in triple-transgenic mice model of Alzheimer's disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:731-736 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that HFD may accelerate cognitive impairment by enhancing oxidative stress and aggravating neuronal apoptosis via inactivation of Nrf2 signaling pathway. ..
- Piao Z, Jin L, Kim J, Ahn Y, Kim Y, Cho M, et al. Benefits of Statin Therapy in Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction With Serum Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol ? 50 mg/dl. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:174-180 pubmed publisher..02, p = 0.059). Statin therapy for patients with AMI with LDL-C levels ? 50 mg/dl was associated with improved outcomes. Therefore, statin therapy is feasible and effective, even in AMI patients with extremely low levels of LDL-C. ..
- Kim J, Kim C, Lee C. Efficacy of Arachnoid-Plasty on Chronic Subdural Hematoma Following Surgical Clipping of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:303-310 pubmed publisher..In addition, the ARP patients had lower SDFC volumes (<15 mL). These findings suggested that ARP reduced the incidence of CSDHs after surgical clippings in patients with unruptured aneurysms. ..
- Oh S, Park J, Yea J, Kim S. Evaluations of the setup discrepancy between BrainLAB 6D ExacTrac and cone-beam computed tomography used with the imaging guidance system Novalis-Tx for intracranial stereotactic radiosurgery. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177798 pubmed publisher..82° for online matching and <0.95° for offline matching. It was concluded that while the discrepancies in residual setup errors between the ExacTrac 6D X-ray and the CBCT were minor, they should not be ignored. ..
- Kang J, Kim M, Kang Y, Lee W, Ha T, Seo J, et al. Thyroidectomy stimulates glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion and attenuates hepatic steatosis in high-fat fed rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:548-555 pubmed publisher..The results may suggest that surgery-induced hypothyroidism increases GLP-1, the actions of which may in part be responsible for the reduction in water intake, appetite and hepatic steatosis. ..
- Lee H, Park T, Jang S, Park S, Park W, Jung S, et al. Clinicopathological characteristics of TERT promoter mutation and telomere length in hepatocellular carcinoma. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e5766 pubmed publisher..913, P?=?0.033). These data demonstrated that TERT promoter mutation is a frequent event in HCC; however, telomere length, but not the presence of a TERT promoter mutation, might have potential value as a prognostic indicator of HCC. ..
- Bang S, Cho S, Lee S. Comparison of Long-term Surgical Outcomes of Two-muscle Surgery in Basic-type Intermittent Exotropia: Bilateral versus Unilateral. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2017;31:351-359 pubmed publisher..317). Surgical outcomes 5 years after surgery for intermittent exotropia were comparable between the BLR and RR groups. The surgical success rate and the reoperation rate were not significantly different between the BLR and RR groups. ..
- Yum K, Chang J, Jeong W, Lee S, Jeong J, Yeo M, et al. Effect of statin on progression of symptomatic basilar artery stenosis and subsequent ischemic stroke. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183798 pubmed publisher..Symptomatic basilar artery stenosis (BAS) is associated with high risk of ischemic stroke recurrence. We aimed to investigate whether statin therapy might prevent the progression of symptomatic BAS and stroke recurrence...
- Kim H, Lee K, Eun S, Choi S, Kim D, Park T, et al. Gender Differences in Factors Related to Prehospital Delay in Patients with ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:710-719 pubmed publisher..Gender differences exist in factors related to prehospital delay. Therefore, public education to reduce prehospital delay should be conducted according to gender with a focus on the pertinent factors. ..
- Jang S, Lee H. Delayed recovery of the affected finger extensors at chronic stage in a stroke patient: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8023 pubmed publisher..A 33-year-old male presented with complete weakness of the right extremities due to corona radiata infarct...
- Lee J, Lim J, Jang H, Kim Y, Kang S, Yang C, et al. Low serum phosphate as an independent predictor of increased infection-related mortality in dialysis patients: A prospective multicenter cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185853 pubmed publisher..The aim of the present study was to investigate the prognostic value of serum calcium and phosphate levels for all-cause mortality and cause-specific mortality in dialysis patients...
- Lee W, Ku S, Bae J. Zingerone reduces HMGB1-mediated septic responses and improves survival in septic mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:202-211 pubmed publisher..In addition, treatment with ZGR reduced the CLP-induced release of HMGB1, sepsis-related mortality, and tissue injury in vivo. Our results indicated that ZGR might be useful in the treatment of sepsis by targeting HMGB1. ..
- Ahn J, Lee K, Chung J, Shin K, Lee C, Kim H, et al. Clinical characteristics and prognostic risk factors of healthcare-associated pneumonia in a Korean tertiary teaching hospital. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8243 pubmed publisher..However, CAP-DRPs and IIAT were not associated with mortality. PSI was the main predictive factor for 28-day mortality in patients with HCAP...
- Ko D, Chung S, You J, Cho S, Park Y, Chun B, et al. Effects of Paraquat Ban on Herbicide Poisoning-Related Mortality. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:859-866 pubmed publisher..The change point analysis suggests a certain timeframe was required for the manifestation of regulatory measures outcomes. ..
- Oh W, Yoo J, Kwon K, Kim H, Lee S, Jun J, et al. Effect of Early Plasma Exchange on Survival in Patients with Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome: A Multicenter Study. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:867-871 pubmed publisher..052, 95% confidence interval 0.004-0.678, p=0.024). The results of this study suggest that early PE implementation may have a beneficial effect on the clinical outcome of SFTS patients. ..
- Lee K, Min B, Song K, Bae K, Cho C, Lee S. T-Score Discordance of Bone Mineral Density in Patients with Atypical Femoral Fracture. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017;99:1683-1688 pubmed publisher..We investigated the prevalence of aBMD discordance and the characteristics of patients with AFF...
- Chung J, Lee K, Nam C, Doh J, Kim H, Kwon S, et al. Diagnostic Performance of a Novel Method for Fractional Flow Reserve Computed from Noninvasive Computed Tomography Angiography (NOVEL-FLOW Study). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:362-368 pubmed publisher..The diagnostic accuracy of CT-FFR for the detection of functionally significant CAD was good and was superior to that of CCTA within a population of suspected CAD. ..
- Lee Y, Ha C, Kim S, Thoudam T, Yoon Y, Kim D, et al. Low-Dose Persistent Organic Pollutants Impair Insulin Secretory Function of Pancreatic ?-Cells: Human and In Vitro Evidence. Diabetes. 2017;66:2669-2680 pubmed publisher..The data from human and in vitro cell experiments suggest that chronic exposure to low-dose POPs, especially OCPs, can induce pancreatic ?-cell dysfunction. ..
- Fan W, Wang K, Ghasemi Falavarjani K, Sagong M, Uji A, Ip M, et al. Distribution of Nonperfusion Area on Ultra-widefield Fluorescein Angiography in Eyes With Diabetic Macular Edema: DAVE Study. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;180:110-116 pubmed publisher..05). In eyes with DME, the ISI increases with increasing distance from the fovea. The severity of DME does not appear to correlate with global NPA and ISI. ..
- Lee Y, Ka S, Cha H, Chae Y, Kim M, Park S, et al. Myeloid Sirtuin 6 Deficiency Causes Insulin Resistance in High-Fat Diet-Fed Mice by Eliciting Macrophage Polarization Toward an M1 Phenotype. Diabetes. 2017;66:2659-2668 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Sirt6 in macrophages is required for the prevention of obesity-associated tissue inflammation and insulin resistance. ..
- Han E, Lee Y, Lee B, Kang E, Cha B. Pre-sarcopenia is associated with renal hyperfiltration independent of obesity or insulin resistance: Nationwide Surveys (KNHANES 2008-2011). Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7165 pubmed publisher..84, 95% CI?=?1.57-2.15, P?<?.001).In the general population of healthy individuals, pre-sarcopenia might be associated with renal hyperfiltration independent of obesity or insulin resistance. ..
- Kang Y, Im J, Shin J, Kim I, Park D. Short-term Analysis of the Residual Volume of an Eye Drop Following 23-Gauge Microincision Vitrectomy Surgery. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2017;31:439-445 pubmed publisher..Thus, checking proper use of eye drops and teaching about instillation technique by physician is necessary for patients with 23-gauge MIVS. ..
- Kim S, Sung J, Woo C, Choi H. Laminar shear stress suppresses vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation through nitric oxide-AMPK pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1369-1374 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that shear stress upregulated AMPK phosphorylation in VSMC via NOS expression may be a beneficial route to prevent pathogenesis in the vascular system. ..
- Singh M, Kim K, Kwak G, Baek S, Kim H. Methionine sulfoxide reductase A protects against lipopolysaccharide-induced septic shock via negative regulation of the proinflammatory responses. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;631:42-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that MsrA protects against LPS-induced septic shock, and negatively regulates proinflammatory responses via inhibition of the ROS-MAPK-NF-ÎºB signaling pathways. ..
- Lee J, Lee Y, Son J, Lee J, Kim H. The effect of lidocaine jelly on a taper-shaped cuff of an endotracheal tube on the postoperative sore throat: a prospective randomized study: A CONSORT compliant article. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8094 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that lidocaine jelly applied to the tapered cuff of the endotracheal tube (ETT) might decrease the incidence of POST most commonly arising from endotracheal intubation...
- Lim J, Jee C, Kwak K. The malposition of a central venous catheter through a sheath introducer via the left internal jugular vein: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7187 pubmed publisher..The insertion of additional catheter through the sheath introducer needs to be carried out as carefully as the insertion of guidewire and should be confirmed with imaging study after the procedure. ..
- Song E, Yang H, Lee H, Lee H, Cha J, Kim H, et al. Endoscopic Resection of Cecal Polyps Involving the Appendiceal Orifice: A KASID Multicenter Study. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:3138-3148 pubmed publisher..6%); polyps involving ?75% of AO circumference were an independent risk factor for recurrence. Endoscopic resection of cecal polyps involving AO is safe and effective in select patients. ..
- Jo J, Kim J, Lee H, Jeong G, Lee J, Lee S. Investigation of pharmacokinetic parameters of bakuchicin isolated from Psoralea corylifolia in mice. Fitoterapia. 2017;120:194-198 pubmed publisher..This method was successfully applied to determine the pharmacokinetic parameters of bakuchicin in mouse plasma and showed that the bioavailability of bakuchicin was 58.3% at 5mg/kg oral administration. ..
- Lee J, Lee Y, Lim J, Lee D, Yoo S, Lee S, et al. Predictive Factors and Treatment Outcomes of Tuberculous Pleural Effusion in Patients With Cancer and Pleural Effusion. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:125-130 pubmed publisher..The combination of these biomarkers provides better information for distinguishing between TPE and MPE in these patients. Treatment outcomes of TPE in patients with cancer are comparable to those in patients without cancer. ..
- Kim H, Kim J, Lee D, Cho S, Jung J, Kim K, et al. Different associations of albuminuria with total and cardiovascular mortality by concentrations of persistent organic pollutants in the elderly. Environ Res. 2017;155:175-181 pubmed publisher..However, these findings need to be replicated in other cohort studies. ..
- Kang E, Lee K, Choi W, Kim Y, Shin K, Lim J, et al. Left Ventricular Functional Parameters and Geometric Patterns in Korean Adults on Coronary CT Angiography with a 320-Detector-Row CT Scanner. Korean J Radiol. 2017;18:664-673 pubmed publisher..079). Most of the LV parameters were positively correlated with BSA, body weight, and total Agatston score. This study provides sex-related reference values and percentiles for LV on cardiac CT and should assist in interpreting results. ..
- Kim S, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim J, Park S. Nutritional regulation of renal lipogenic factor expression in mice: comparison to regulation in the liver and skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F887-F898 pubmed publisher..LXR is involved in the renal expression of lipogenic enzymes, and ChREBP may mediate the response. ..
- Kurokawa Y, Yang H, Cho H, Ryu M, Masuzawa T, Park S, et al. Phase II study of neoadjuvant imatinib in large gastrointestinal stromal tumours of the stomach. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:25-32 pubmed publisher..Neoadjuvant imatinib treatment for 6-9 months is a promising treatment for large gastric GISTs, allowing a high R0 resection rate with acceptable toxicity. ..