Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on magnetic resonance spectroscopy in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: magnetic resonance spectroscopy
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Chung I, Kim M, Park W, Moon H. Histone deacetylase inhibitors from the rhizomes of Zingiber zerumbet. Pharmazie. 2008;63:774-6 pubmed..45 microM). Further structure-activity relationships of position C-6 and C-7 from aromatic ring will be reported in due course. ..
- Yoo M, Park I, Lim H, Lee S, Jiang H, Kim Y, et al. Folate-PEG-superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for lung cancer imaging. Acta Biomater. 2012;8:3005-13 pubmed publisher..Stronger optical imaging was observed in the lung cancer model mice for FA-PEG-SPIONs-Cy5.5 than PEG-SPIONs-Cy5.5 6 and 24 h post-injection through the tail vein, due to receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Kil Y, Park J, Jafari M, Woo H, Seo E. Minor phenolics from Angelica keiskei and their proliferative effects on Hep3B cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3065-3070 pubmed publisher..Cytoprotective effects against oxidative stress induced by glucose oxidase were also examined on Hep3B cells and mouse fibroblast NIH3T3 cells and all compounds showed significant dose-dependent protection against oxidative stress. ..
- Jung J, Park M, Park H, Shim S, Cho Y, Kim J, et al. ¹H NMR-based metabolic profiling of naproxen-induced toxicity in rats. Toxicol Lett. 2011;200:1-7 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that ¹H NMR-based urinary metabolic profiling can facilitate noninvasive and rapid diagnosis of drug side effects and is suitable for elucidating possible biological pathways perturbed by drug toxicity. ..
- Seo Y, Shin J, Song J. New secosteroids from an undescribed gorgonian of the genus Muricella. J Nat Prod. 1995;58:1291-5 pubmed..Calicoferol D  exhibited potent antiviral activity and brine-shrimp lethality. ..
- Lim S, Li S, Lee C, Yoon C, Baik J, Lee W. Minimization of MC1R selectivity by modification of the core structure of alpha-MSH-ND. Chem Biol. 2001;8:857-70 pubmed..Minimization of the MC1R selectivity whilst preserving its comparable potency for both the MC3R and MC4R could be achieved by modifying the D-Phe(7) orientation of alpha-MSH-ND, while maintaining the 'type I beta-turn'-like structure. ..
- Lee S, Kim H, Seo J, Kang H, Kim J, Son K, et al. Arteminolides B, C, and D, new inhibitors of farnesyl protein transferase from Artemisia argyi. J Org Chem. 2002;67:7670-5 pubmed..The effects of compound 2 on H-Ras processing and cellular growth in H-ras-transformed cells were also evaluated. ..
- Yoon K, Kim J. Preparative separation of dioscin derivatives from Dioscorea villosa by centrifugal partition chromatography coupled with evaporative light scattering detection. J Sep Sci. 2008;31:2486-91 pubmed publisher..9, 97.4, 99.2 and 99.5%, respectively. Their chemical structures were determined by spectroscopic data of ESI-MS, 1H NMR and 13C NMR and comparing with those of previously reported values. ..
- Kim L, Kim J, Kim C. Effects of molecular structure of the resins on the volumetric shrinkage and the mechanical strength of dental restorative composites. Biomacromolecules. 2006;7:2680-7 pubmed..The composite prepared from this resin mixture also exhibited the lowest curing shrinkage along with enhanced mechanical properties. ..
- Seo Y, Cho K, Chung H, Lee H, Shin J. New secosteroids from a gorgonian of the genus Muricella. J Nat Prod. 1998;61:1441-3 pubmed..The structures of these compounds have been determined by combined spectroscopic methods. Calicoferols exhibited significant cytotoxicity and inhibitory activity against PLA2. ..
- Shin H, Jeong H, Lee H, Park S, Kim H, Kwon H. Isolation and structure determination of streptochlorin, an antiproliferative agent from a marine-derived Streptomyces sp. 04DH110. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;17:1403-6 pubmed..Its structure was elucidated by extensive 2D NMR and mass spectral analyses. Streptochlorin exhibited significant antiproliferative activity against human cultured cell lines. ..
- Kim Y, Oh K, Song H, Lee D, Park S. Synthesis and biological evaluation of ?-galactosylceramide analogues with heteroaromatic rings and varying positions of a phenyl group in the sphingosine backbone. J Med Chem. 2013;56:7100-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this new ?-GalCer analogue 5 is a novel iNKT ligand that stimulates the selective secretion of anti-inflammatory cytokines and regulates autoimmune diseases by reducing Th1 and Th17 responses. ..
- Wen H, Yun T, Xu W, Choi S, Kim H, Park C, et al. A highly facile and specific assay for cancer-causing isocitrate dehydrogenase mutant using 13C4-labeled ?-ketoglutarate and heteronuclear NMR. Anal Chem. 2013;85:11987-92 pubmed publisher..Its merits over conventional assays should facilitate inhibitor developments for a new class of target-oriented anticancer agents. ..
- Mondol M, Kim J, Lee H, Lee Y, Shin H. Macrolactin W, a new antibacterial macrolide from a marine Bacillus sp. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:3832-5 pubmed publisher..Compound 3 showed potent antibacterial activity against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative pathogenic bacteria. ..
- Youe W, Lee S, Lee S, Lee S, Kim Y. Characterization of carbon nanofiber mats produced from electrospun lignin-g-polyacrylonitrile copolymer. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;82:497-504 pubmed publisher..From these results, it is proposed that these mats could provide the basis for a new class of carbon fiber material. ..
- Kang H, Yu K, Jun W, Chang I, Han S, Kim H, et al. Isolation and characterization of alkyl peroxy radical scavenging compound from leaves of Laurus nobilis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:102-8 pubmed
- Park S, Yook C, Nohara T. New oleanene glycosides from the leaves of Acanthopanax japonicus. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2005;53:1147-51 pubmed
- Cho M, Lee C, Lee C, Li S, Lim S, Baik J, et al. Structure and function of the potent cyclic and linear melanocortin analogues. J Struct Biol. 2005;150:300-8 pubmed
- Jeong E, Cho J, Sung S, Kim S, Kim Y. Inhibition of nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophage cells by lignans isolated from Euonymus alatus leaves and twigs. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:2283-6 pubmed publisher..All the isolated compounds except for dilignans (19 and 20) significantly inhibited nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. ..
- Lee K, Choi W, Lee Y, Lee H, Zhao L, Lee H, et al. X-ray crystal structure and binding mode analysis of human S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase complexed with novel mechanism-based inhibitors, haloneplanocin A analogues. J Med Chem. 2011;54:930-8 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory activity was decreased as the size of the halogen atom increased and/or if the 4'-CH(2)OH group was absent. These results could be utilized to design new therapeutic agents operating via AdoHcy hydrolase inhibition. ..
- Guo D, Xu C, Quan J, Song C, Jin H, Kim D, et al. Synergistic anti-tumor activity of paclitaxel-incorporated conjugated linoleic acid-coupled poloxamer thermosensitive hydrogel in vitro and in vivo. Biomaterials. 2009;30:4777-85 pubmed publisher..The CLA-coupled poloxamer designed in this study has great potential as an effective injectable carrier of PTX. ..
- Kumaran R, Kim H, Hur B. Taxol-producing [corrected] fungal endophyte, Pestalotiopsis species isolated from Taxus cuspidata. J Biosci Bioeng. 2010;110:541-6 pubmed publisher..versicolor, is an excellent candidate for an alternate source of taxol supply and can also serve as a potential species for genetic engineering to enhance the production of taxol to a higher level. ..
- Choi Y, Hong S, Shin Y, Hwang B, Park S, Lee D. Phenolic compounds from Pueraria lobata protect PC12 cells against A?-induced toxicity. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:1651-4 pubmed publisher..The structure of new compound 1 was determined using spectroscopic techniques. ..
- Lee J, Lee B, Hwang J, Ko K, Chung J, Kim E, et al. Metabolic dependence of green tea on plucking positions revisited: a metabolomic study. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:10579-85 pubmed publisher..This metabolomic approach highlights taking insight to global metabolic dependence of green tea leaf on plucking position, thereby providing distinct information on green tea production with specific tea quality. ..
- Kim M, Kim E, Kim D, Choi I, Moon T, Yoon C, et al. Two novel mutations of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome: the molecular prediction of interaction between the mutated WASP L101P with WASP-interacting protein by molecular modeling. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1690:134-40 pubmed..A possible model for the molecular pathogenesis of WAS has been proposed by analyzing the interactions of WASP and WIP using a molecular modeling study. ..
- Kim J, Toti U, Song R, Sohn Y. A macromolecular prodrug of doxorubicin conjugated to a biodegradable cyclotriphosphazene bearing a tetrapeptide. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:3576-9 pubmed..10 microM) but a reasonably higher in vitro cytotoxicity (IC50=1.1 microM) against the leukemia L1210 cell line probably due to its enzymatically controlled release...
- Son H, Hwang G, Park W, Hong Y, Lee C. Metabolomic characterization of malolactic fermentation and fermentative behaviors of wine yeasts in grape wine. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:4801-9 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that wine fermentation by yeast and LAB can be characterized through global and multivariate statistical analysis of (1)H NMR spectral data. ..
- Jung S, Jung S, Seong H, Cho S, Jeong K, Shin B. Polyethylene glycol-complexed cationic liposome for enhanced cellular uptake and anticancer activity. Int J Pharm. 2009;382:254-61 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the PCL, of which surface was complexed with PEG by ionic complex may be applicable as drug delivery carriers for increasing therapeutic efficacy of anticancer drugs. ..
- Choo J, Ueshima H, Curb J, Shin C, Evans R, El Saed A, et al. Serum n-6 fatty acids and lipoprotein subclasses in middle-aged men: the population-based cross-sectional ERA-JUMP study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010;91:1195-203 pubmed publisher..These associations were consistent across the population groups. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00069797. ..
- Kim Y, Park Y, Yang S, Kim S, Hyun S, Cho S, et al. Hypoxanthine levels in human urine serve as a screening indicator for the plasma total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein modulation activities of fermented red pepper paste. Nutr Res. 2010;30:455-61 pubmed publisher..In addition, their levels of hypoxanthine differed markedly. We propose that urinary hypoxanthine levels can be used as a screening biomarker to predict the efficacy of the cholesterol-modulating activity of FRPP in human subjects. ..
- Nguyen V, Min B, Kyung M, Park J, Lee B, Choi C, et al. Identification of a naturally-occurring 8-[alpha-D-glucopyranosyl-(1-->6)-beta-D-glucopyranosyl]daidzein from cultivated kudzu root. Phytochem Anal. 2009;20:450-5 pubmed publisher..3 mg/g as determined by HPLC. The results indicate that puerarin diglycoside is one of the major isoflavonoids in kudzu root and has a significant impact on the preparation of highly water-soluble glycosylated puerarin. ..
- Park S, Park S, Ahn H, Kim S, Kim S, Lee B. Structural study of novel antimicrobial peptides, nigrocins, isolated from Rana nigromaculata. FEBS Lett. 2001;507:95-100 pubmed
- Lee H, Kim Y, Jin H, Lee J, Kim C, Park J, et al. A new Hypocrea strain producing harzianum A cytotoxic to tumour cell lines. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2005;40:497-503 pubmed..To identify a new fungal strain, Hypocrea sp. F000527 producing a trichothecene metabolite, harzianum A, and to evaluate its cytotoxicity to tumour cell lines...
- Lee S, Park S. Practical solid-phase parallel synthesis of Delta(5)-2-oxopiperazines via N-acyliminium ion cyclization. J Comb Chem. 2007;9:828-35 pubmed..This approach is exemplified by the preparation of a 192-member pilot library using bromoacetal resins without further purification. ..
- Cho H, Gee H, Baek K, Ko S, Park J, Lee H, et al. A small molecule that binds to an ATPase domain of Hsc70 promotes membrane trafficking of mutant cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:20267-76 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that Az suppresses ubiquitination of ?F508-CFTR maybe by blocking interaction of the mutant with Hsc70 and CHIP, and, as a consequence, it enhances membrane trafficking of the mutant. ..
- Hong C, Kim Y, Lee S. Sesquiterpenoids from the rhizome of Curcuma zedoaria. Arch Pharm Res. 2001;24:424-6 pubmed..Their structures were identified as ar-turmerone (1) and beta-turmerone (2). The structure elucidation of compounds 1 and 2 was carried out by comparison of their physical and spectral data with previously reported values. ..
- Choi C, Lee H, Yoon J. Localized proton MR spectroscopic detection of nonketotic hyperglycinemia in an infant. Korean J Radiol. 2001;2:239-42 pubmed..Proton MR spectroscopy was useful for the non-invasive detection and monitoring of cerebral glycine levels in this infant with NKH...
- Chung I, Ali M, Ahmad A, Chun S, Kim J, Sultana S, et al. Steroidal constituents of rice (Rryza sativa) hulls with algicidal and herbicidal activity against blue-green algae and duckweed. Phytochem Anal. 2007;18:133-45 pubmed..paucicostata growth at a concentration of 300 microM. As a result, compound 2 appears to have a strong potential for the environmentally friendly control of weed and algae that are harmful to water-logged rice. ..
- Han A, Kim J, Lee J, Nam J, Lee I, Shim C, et al. A new flavanone glycoside from the dried immature fruits of Poncirus trifoliata. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2007;55:1270-3 pubmed..7 murine macrophage cells. ..
- Jung H, Kim C, Kim K, Shin C. Color characteristics of monascus pigments derived by fermentation with various amino acids. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:1302-6 pubmed..The hydrophilicities/hydrophobicities of the derivative pigments could be predicted from their log P values, which were estimated using computer programs. ..
- Oh K, Mar W, Kim S, Kim J, Oh M, Kim J, et al. Bis(indole) alkaloids as sortase A inhibitors from the sponge Spongosorites sp. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:4927-31 pubmed..The fibronectin-binding activity data highlight the potential of these compounds for the treatment of S. aureus infections via inhibition of SrtA activity. ..
- Lee M, Ha N, Yang H, Sung S, Kim G, Kim Y. Antiproliferative activity of triterpenoids from Eclipta prostrata on hepatic stellate cells. Phytomedicine. 2008;15:775-80 pubmed..Taken together, antifibrotic activity of E. prostrata and its triterpenoids might suggest the therapeutic potentials against liver fibrosis. ..
- Bae E, Choo M, Park E, Park S, Shin H, Kim D. Metabolism of ginsenoside R(c) by human intestinal bacteria and its related antiallergic activity. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:743-7 pubmed..W. 940[+Na]). Among ginsenoside R(c) and its metabolites, compound K exhibited the most potent antiallergic activity on the IgE-induced RBL cell line as well as potent cytotoxic activity against tumor cell lines. ..
- Lee Y, Kang H, Lee J, Kim S, Kim E, Lee S, et al. Mitochondrial respiratory chain defects: underlying etiology in various epileptic conditions. Epilepsia. 2008;49:685-90 pubmed publisher..MRC defects are one of the important causes of probably symptomatic childhood epilepsy. A ketogenic diet should be carefully considered for treatment of intractable epilepsy related to MRC defects. ..
- Ha Y, Kim Y. Preparative isolation of six major saponins from Platycodi Radix by high-speed counter-current chromatography. Phytochem Anal. 2009;20:207-13 pubmed publisher..Their structures were characterized by electrospray ionisation mass spectrometry (ESI-MS), (1)H-NMR and (13)C-NMR. Six of the main bioactive platycosides in Platycodi Radix could be isolated and purified systematically by HSCCC. ..
- Kim J, Jung Y, Song B, Bong Y, Ryu D, Lee K, et al. Discrimination of cabbage (Brassica rapa ssp. pekinensis) cultivars grown in different geographical areas using ¹H NMR-based metabolomics. Food Chem. 2013;137:68-75 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that ¹H NMR based on metabolomics, coupled with multivariate statistics, can be applied to identify the regions of cultivation of various cabbage cultivars...
- Woo K, Suh W, Subedi L, Kim S, Kim A, Lee K. Bioactive lignan derivatives from the stems of Firmiana simplex. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:730-733 pubmed publisher..05 and 0.929 Î¼M, respectively) without cell toxicity in murine microglia BV-2 cells. Compounds 11-13 and 17 also exhibited strong inhibitory effects on NO production, with IC50 values ranging from 7.07 to 15.28 Î¼M. ..
- Yang S, Lee J, Joe E, Lee H, Choi Y, Park J, et al. Metabolite-selective hyperpolarized (13)C imaging using extended chemical shift displacement at 9.4T. Magn Reson Imaging. 2016;34:535-40 pubmed publisher..This method provides a way to acquire spectrally selective hyperpolarized (13)C metabolic images in a simple implementation, and with potential ability to support combination with more elaborate readout methods for faster imaging. ..
- Lee M, Kim J, Ryu J. Prenylflavones from Psoralea corylifolia inhibit nitric oxide synthase expression through the inhibition of I-kappaB-alpha degradation in activated microglial cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:2253-7 pubmed..These results imply that compounds 1 and 2 can be lead compounds for the development of neuroprotective drug with the inhibitory activity of NO overproduction by activated microglial cells...
- Rhee Y, Lee W, Lee E, Ma S, Park S, Lim S. In vitro and in vivo effect of parathyroid hormone analogue (1-14) containing -amino-iso-butyric acid residue (Aib)1,3. Yonsei Med J. 2006;47:214-22 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings suggest that unacetylated Aib1,3PTH (1-14) did not exhibit any anabolic effects at the bones of ovariectomized rats...
- Kim S, Sohn D, Kim Y, Kim S, Lee S, Kim H. Fine tuning of a reported synthetic route for biologically active flavonoid, baicalein. Arch Pharm Res. 2007;30:18-21 pubmed
- Jung M, Park M. Acetylcholinesterase inhibition by flavonoids from Agrimonia pilosa. Molecules. 2007;12:2130-9 pubmed..We report herein for the first time that all four flavonol compounds showed significant inhibitory effects on AChE, particularly quercetin (4), which showed twice the activity of dehydroevodiamine (DHED)...
- Kim J, Kim H, Kim S, Lee K, Ham I, Whang W. Antioxidative compounds from Quercus salicina Blume stem. Arch Pharm Res. 2008;31:274-8 pubmed publisher..We measured radical scavenging activity with the DPPH method and the anti-lipid peroxidative efficacy on human LDL with TBARS assay, with the result that all these compounds exhibited the antioxidative activity...
- Kim K, Um S, Chung M, Jung S, Oh J, Kim S, et al. Toxicometabolomics approach to urinary biomarkers for mercuric chloride (HgCl?)-induced nephrotoxicity using proton nuclear magnetic resonance (¹H NMR) in rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;249:114-26 pubmed publisher..75 mg/kg) of HgCl?. Correlation of urinary (1)H NMR PLS-DA data with renal histopathologic changes suggests that ¹H NMR urinalysis can be used to predict or screen for HgCl?-induced nephrotoxicity...
- Han K, Ahn D, Lee S, Min Y, Kwon A, Ahn H, et al. Identification of chromosomal HP0892-HP0893 toxin-antitoxin proteins in Helicobacter pylori and structural elucidation of their protein-protein interaction. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6004-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is highly probable that TA systems of H. pylori are involved in virulence of H. pylori...
- Ryu J, Jeong Y. A new guaiane type sesquiterpene from Torilis japonica. Arch Pharm Res. 2001;24:532-5 pubmed..This is the first report showing that this compound can be isolated from Torilis japonica. ..
- Wang X, Hur H, Lee J, Kim K, Kim S. Enantioselective synthesis of S-equol from dihydrodaidzein by a newly isolated anaerobic human intestinal bacterium. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:214-9 pubmed..8% similarity to that of Eggerthella hongkongenis HKU10. This is the first report of a single bacterium capable of converting a racemic mixture of dihydrodaidzein to enantiomeric pure S-equol. ..
- Park B, Lee H, Lee S, Piao X, Takeoka G, Wong R, et al. Antibacterial activity of Tabebuia impetiginosa Martius ex DC (Taheebo) against Helicobacter pylori. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;105:255-62 pubmed..The Tabebuia impetiginosa dried inner bark-derived materials, particularly 2-(hydroxymethyl)anthraquinone, merit further study as potential Helicobacter pylori eradicating agents or lead compounds...
- Kim B, Jung J, Hong E, Yee A, Arrowsmith C, Lee W. NMR structure of the conserved novel-fold protein TA0743 from Thermoplasma acidophilum. Proteins. 2006;62:819-21 pubmed
- Sung S, Kim E, Lee K, Lee M, Kim Y. A new neuroprotective compound of Ligustrum japonicum leaves. Planta Med. 2006;72:62-4 pubmed..All six compounds significantly protected human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells from 6-hydroxydopamine-induced neurotoxicity...
- Chung J, Choo J, Lee M, Hwang J. Anticariogenic activity of macelignan isolated from Myristica fragrans (nutmeg) against Streptococcus mutans. Phytomedicine. 2006;13:261-6 pubmed..mutans in 1 min. The specific activity and fast-effectiveness of macelignan against oral bacteria strongly suggest that it could be employed as a natural antibacterial agent in functional foods or oral care products...
- Joo W, Jeong J, Kim H, Lee Y, Lee J, Hong S. Prevention of epimerization and quantitative determination of amygdalin in Armeniacae Semen with Schizandrae Fructus solution. Arch Pharm Res. 2006;29:1096-101 pubmed..5% acetonitrile. The concentration and detector response were linearly correlated over the range 0.05 to 2 mM. The detection limits for both D-amygdalin and neoamygdalin were approximately 5 microM for the amount injected. ..
- Cho Y, Kim K, Shim J, Hwang J. Inhibitory effects of macelignan isolated from Myristica fragrans HOUTT. on melanin biosynthesis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:986-9 pubmed..These results indicate that macelignan effectively inhibits melanin biosynthesis and thus could be employed as a new skin-whitening agent...
- Park J, Hong Y, Kim Y, Yang J, Kim E, Kwack S, et al. A metabonomic study on the biochemical effects of doxorubicin in rats using (1)H-NMR spectroscopy. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2009;72:374-84 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the applicability of NMR-based metabonomics with multivariate statistics for monitoring biomarkers produced by doxorubicin treatments. ..
- Hwang G, Yang J, Ryu D, Kwon T. Metabolic profiling of kidney and urine in rats with lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus by (1)H-NMR-based metabonomics. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F461-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, metabonomics of kidney tissue and urine based on (1)H-NMR spectroscopy could provide insight into the effects of Li-induced renal effects and cell injury. ..
- Shin K, Chin J, Hahn D, Lee J, Hwang H, Won D, et al. Sterols from a soft coral, Dendronephthya gigantea as farnesoid X-activated receptor antagonists. Steroids. 2012;77:355-9 pubmed publisher..The steroids 1 and 2 showed notable inhibitory activity against farnesoid X-activated receptor (FXR) with IC(50)'s 14 and 15?M. ..
- Yeom J, Shin J, Yang J, Kim J, Hwang G. (1)H NMR-based metabolite profiling of planktonic and biofilm cells in Acinetobacter baumannii 1656-2. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57730 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that NMR-based global metabolite profiling of bacterial cells can provide valuable insight into the metabolic changes in multidrug resistant and biofilm-forming bacteria such as A. baumannii 1656-2...
- Nam H, Hahn H, Nam K, Choi W, Jeong Y, Kim D, et al. Evaluation of generations 2, 3 and 4 arginine modified PAMAM dendrimers for gene delivery. Int J Pharm. 2008;363:199-205 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that biodegradable and non-toxic e-PAM-R may be useful carriers for the gene including plasmid DNA, antisense ODNs and si-RNA. ..
- Cho E, Jeon Y, Jung S. Novel succinylated and large-sized osmoregulated periplasmic glucans of Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae. Carbohydr Res. 2009;344:996-1000 pubmed publisher..syringae pv. syringae. Furthermore, the succinylated and large-sized OPGs of P. syringae pv. syringae are necessary for hypoosmotic adaptation. ..
- Brodin P, Poquet Y, Levillain F, Peguillet I, Larrouy Maumus G, Gilleron M, et al. High content phenotypic cell-based visual screen identifies Mycobacterium tuberculosis acyltrehalose-containing glycolipids involved in phagosome remodeling. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001100 pubmed publisher..The unbiased approach developed here can be easily adapted for functional genomics study of intracellular pathogens, together with focused discovery of new anti-microbials...
- Han E, Chun M, Kim S, Lim D. Injection time-dependent effect of adult human bone marrow stromal cell transplantation in a rat model of severe traumatic brain injury. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;8:172-81 pubmed
- Le T, Yim C, Park S, Katila N, Yang I, Song M, et al. Lodopyridones B and C from a marine sediment-derived bacterium Saccharomonospora sp. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3123-3126 pubmed publisher..Lodopyridones A-C show weak inhibitory activities on the ?-site amyloid precursor protein cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1). ..
- Lee S, Kim Y. Solution structure of neuromedin B by (1)H nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. FEBS Lett. 1999;460:263-9 pubmed..C. et al. (1996) Int. J. Pept. Protein Res. 48, 522-531). These conformational features might be helpful in understanding the molecular mechanism of the function of NMB and developing the efficient drugs. ..
- Kim H, Yeom S, Kim M, Shim J, Paek I, Lee M. Nitric oxide and prostaglandin E2 synthesis inhibitory activities of diarylheptanoids from the barks of Alnus japonica steudel. Arch Pharm Res. 2005;28:177-9 pubmed
- Lee S, Jung S. Selective phospholipid methanolysis catalyzed by a weakly acidic microbial polysaccharide, zooglan. Carbohydr Res. 2008;343:1378-82 pubmed publisher..Through this study, we have shown that zooglan can act as an environmentally benign catalytic polysaccharide for methanolysis in pure methanol solution...
- Park H, Park J, Lee S, Shin B, Oh D, Kwon H. Gordonic Acid, a Polyketide Glycoside Derived from Bacterial Coculture of Streptomyces and Gordonia Species. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2542-2546 pubmed publisher..Gordonic acid (1) showed weak activity against Micrococcus luteus and Enterococcus hirae...
- Choi C, Yoo H. Localized proton MR spectroscopy in infants with urea cycle defect. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2001;22:834-7 pubmed..Proton MR spectroscopy provided useful information for the diagnosis and understanding of the pathophysiology of urea cycle enzyme defect...
- Yang M, Choi Y, Yeo H, Kim J. A new triterpene lactone from the roots of Patrinia scabiosaefolia. Arch Pharm Res. 2001;24:416-7 pubmed..Key words: Patrinia scabiosaefolia, Valerianaceae, Lactone, Patrinolide, 11beta,21beta-dihydroxy-3-oxooleanan-28,13beta-olide...
- An H, Jeong H, Lee E, Kim Y, Hwang W, Yoo S, et al. Xanthii fructus inhibits inflammatory responses in LPS-stimulated mouse peritoneal macrophages. Inflammation. 2004;28:263-70 pubmed..However, treatment of XF in peritoneal macrophages had no effect on IL-12p40 production. These findings suggest that XF may be used in controlling macrophages-mediated inflammatory diseases...
- Kim J, Han Y. Dammarane-type saponins from Gynostemma pentaphyllum. Phytochemistry. 2011;72:1453-9 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated by both analysis of 1D and 2D NMR spectra and chemical degradation...
- Lee D, Oh E, Woods A, Couchman J, Lee W. Solution structure of a syndecan-4 cytoplasmic domain and its interaction with phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:13022-9 pubmed..These findings reveal that PIP2 promotes oligomerization of syndecan-4 cytoplasmic domain for transmembrane signaling and cell-matrix adhesion. ..
- Han K, Park S, Jang S, Son W, Lee B. Solution structure of conserved hypothetical protein HP0894 from Helicobacter pylori. Proteins. 2005;61:1114-6 pubmed
- Yoon J, Lim H, Lee H, Kim H, Jeon R, Ryu J. Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-induced inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 expression by xanthanolides isolated from Xanthium strumarium. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008;18:2179-82 pubmed publisher..47, 11.2, 136.5 microM, respectively). Compounds 1 and 2 suppressed the expression of iNOS and COX-2 and the activity of NF-kappaB through the inhibition of LPS-induced I-kappaB-alpha degradation in microglia...
- Ko S, Kang G, Song S, Lee J, Shin D, Yun J, et al. Structural basis of E2-25K/UBB+1 interaction leading to proteasome inhibition and neurotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36070-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the interaction between E2-25K and UBB(+1) is critical for the synthesis and accumulation of UBB(+1)-anchored polyubiquitin, which results in proteasomal inhibition and neuronal cell death. ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Sung S. Cytotoxic pterosins from Pteris multifida roots against HCT116 human colon cancer cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3144-3147 pubmed publisher..0±1.7?M. Additionally, 1 induced the upregulation of the caspase-9 and procaspase-9 levels in Western blots and increased the annexin V/propidium iodide (PI)-positive cell population in flow cytometry. ..
- Lee K, Choi J, Jung W, Nam J, Jung H, Park H. Structure of a new echinocystic acid bisdesmoside isolated from Codonopsis lanceolata roots and the cytotoxic activity of prosapogenins. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:4190-3 pubmed..Therefore, true forms of codonoposide for the cytotoxicity must be sapogenins or prosapogenins...