Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mads domain proteins in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: mads domain proteins
- Chung K, Lee J, Lee J, Ahn J. Fruit indehiscence caused by enhanced expression of NO TRANSMITTING TRACT in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mol Cells. 2013;35:519-25 pubmed publisher..In seed crops, a reduction in pod dehiscence can increase yield by decreasing seed dispersal; therefore, our results may prove useful as a basis to improve crop yield. ..
- Kim S, Yun C, Lee J, Jang Y, Park H, Kim J. OsCO3, a CONSTANS-LIKE gene, controls flowering by negatively regulating the expression of FT-like genes under SD conditions in rice. Planta. 2008;228:355-65 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that OsCO3 primarily controls flowering time under SD conditions by negatively regulating Hd3a and FTL expression, independent of the SD-promotion pathway...
- Choi K, Kim S, Kim S, Kim M, Hyun Y, Lee H, et al. SUPPRESSOR OF FRIGIDA3 encodes a nuclear ACTIN-RELATED PROTEIN6 required for floral repression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2647-60 pubmed..Subcellular localization using a green fluorescent protein fusion showed that Arabidopsis ARP6 is located at distinct regions of the nuclear periphery. ..
- Yoo S, Wu X, Lee J, Ahn J. AGAMOUS-LIKE 6 is a floral promoter that negatively regulates the FLC/MAF clade genes and positively regulates FT in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2011;65:62-76 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that AGL6 acts as a floral promoter with a dual role, the inhibition of the transcription of the FLC/MAF genes and the promotion of FT expression in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yoo S, Lee J, Ahn J. Overexpression of AGAMOUS-LIKE 28 (AGL28) promotes flowering by upregulating expression of floral promoters within the autonomous pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:929-36 pubmed..Collectively, our data suggest that AGL28 is a positive regulator of known floral promoters within the autonomous pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yoo S, Chung K, Kim J, Lee J, Hong S, Yoo S, et al. CONSTANS activates SUPPRESSOR OF OVEREXPRESSION OF CONSTANS 1 through FLOWERING LOCUS T to promote flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:770-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that CO activates SOC1 through FT to promote flowering in Arabidopsis. ..
- Kim S, Choi K, Park C, Hwang H, Lee I. SUPPRESSOR OF FRIGIDA4, encoding a C2H2-Type zinc finger protein, represses flowering by transcriptional activation of Arabidopsis FLOWERING LOCUS C. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2985-98 pubmed..Thus, we propose that LD binds to SUF4 to suppress its activity in the absence of FRI. ..
- Chang M, Kang H, Baek I, Kang C, Park Y, Yun C. Kdx1 regulates RCK1 gene expression by interacting with Rlm1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;435:350-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that Kdx1 interacts with Rlm1 to activate RCK1 gene expression in response to stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..