Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on macrophages in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- Lee J, Han Y. Antiarthritic effect of lonicerin on Candida albicans arthritis in mice. Arch Pharm Res. 2011;34:853-9 pubmed publisher..01). These data suggest that lonicerin alone, which has both anti-arthritic and antifungal activities, can result in a combination therapy for the treatment of fungal arthritis due to C. albicans infection. ..
- Yoon D, Koh Y, Kang H, Kim S, Park C, Lee S, et al. CD68 and CD163 as prognostic factors for Korean patients with Hodgkin lymphoma. Eur J Haematol. 2012;88:292-305 pubmed publisher..030). High index of either CD68 or CD163 (>20%) is significantly correlated with poor prognosis in Korean patients with HL. CD163, a specific marker of macrophages, seems to be another prognostic factor for classical HL. ..
- Chun J, Choi R, Khan S, Lee D, Kim Y, Nam Y, et al. Alantolactone suppresses inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 expression by down-regulating NF-ÎºB, MAPK and AP-1 via the MyD88 signaling pathway in LPS-activated RAW 264.7 cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;14:375-83 pubmed publisher..7 cells by suppressing NF-ÎºB activation and MAPKs phophorylation via downregulation of the MyD88 signaling pathway. Thus, alantolactone may provide a useful therapeutic approach for inflammation-associated diseases. ..
- Lee E, Kim J, Shin S, Jeong K, Shin A, Lee J, et al. Insight into the antimicrobial activities of coprisin isolated from the dung beetle, Copris tripartitus, revealed by structure-activity relationships. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1828:271-83 pubmed publisher..In addition to elucidating the antimicrobial action of coprisin, this work may provide insight into the mechanism of action of insect defense systems. ..
- Park O, Han J, Baik J, Jeon J, Kang S, Yun C, et al. Lipoteichoic acid of Enterococcus faecalis induces the expression of chemokines via TLR2 and PAFR signaling pathways. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;94:1275-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EfLTA induces the expression of chemokines via signaling pathways requiring TLR2 and PAFR, which is distinct from that of LPS-induced chemokine expression. ..
- Park S, Park K, Oh M, Kim H, Choe K, Kim S, et al. Anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities of caffeoyl hemiterpene glycosides from Spiraea prunifolia. Phytochemistry. 2013;96:430-6 pubmed publisher..7 cells were examined. Three of the caffeoyl hemiterpene glycosides exhibited potent anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities compared with Vitamin C and l-NMMA, which were used as positive controls...
- Hong S, Baik J, Kang S, Yun C, Seo D, Han S. Lipoteichoic acid of Streptococcus mutans interacts with Toll-like receptor 2 through the lipid moiety for induction of inflammatory mediators in murine macrophages. Mol Immunol. 2014;57:284-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that the Sm.LTA interacts with TLR2 through the lipid moiety for the induction of inflammatory mediators in macrophages...
- Wang X, Zheng T, Kang J, Li H, Cho H, Jeon R, et al. Decursin from Angelica gigas suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclast formation and bone loss. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;774:34-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, decursin exerted an inhibitory effect on osteoclast formation and bone loss in vitro and in vivo. Decursin could be useful for the treatment of bone diseases associated with excessive bone resorption. ..
- Wang M, Jeong J, Kim J. Thermo-triggerable self-assembly comprising cinnamoyl polymeric Î² cyclodextrin and cinnamoyl Pluronic F127. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;142:148-158 pubmed publisher..CinPlu/CinPÎ²CD self-assembly enhanced the in vitro anti-cancer activity of DOX against KB cell without increasing significantly the in vitro toxicity of DOX against Raw264.7 cell. ..
- Wahedi H, Jeong M, Chae J, DO S, Yoon H, Kim S. Aloesin from Aloe vera accelerates skin wound healing by modulating MAPK/Rho and Smad signaling pathways in vitro and in vivo. Phytomedicine. 2017;28:19-26 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that aloesin has the therapeutic potential for treating cutaneous wounds. ..
- Choi Y, Park S, Kim H, Kang J, Yoon Y, Han S, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitor KBH-A42 inhibits cytokine production in RAW 264.7 macrophage cells and in vivo endotoxemia model. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:574-81 pubmed..These results showed that KBH-A42 inhibits production of proinflammatory cytokines in macrophages by decreasing their mRNA levels, and p38 kinase is involved in the KBH-A42-mediated inhibition. ..
- Sohn W, Lee K, Lee Y, Han J, Choe Y, Kim D, et al. Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate-induced macrophage inflammatory protein-2 gene expression is NF-kappaB-independent but c-Jun-dependent in macrophage cell line RAW 264.7. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:1165-75 pubmed..Our experimental results indicate that PDTC-induced proinflammatory cytokine expressions are mediated by SAPK/JNK pathway, which activates AP-1. ..
- Lee D, Sung H, Han D, Lee M, Ryu G, Aihara M, et al. In vitro bioassay of endotoxin using fluorescein as a pH indicator in a macrophage cell culture system. Yonsei Med J. 2005;46:268-74 pubmed..The macrophage culture system-method might be a good supplement to the LAL assay for detection of LPS, Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- Kim C, Kim S, Kim Y, Kang H, Yu J, Yoo Y, et al. Bronchoalveolar lavage eosinophil cationic protein and interleukin-8 levels in acute asthma and acute bronchiolitis. Clin Exp Allergy. 2005;35:591-7 pubmed
- Kim J, Lee E, Shin S, Jeong K, Lee J, Bae S, et al. Structure and function of papiliocin with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activities isolated from the swallowtail butterfly, Papilio xuthus. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:41296-311 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have demonstrated that papiliocin is a potent peptide antibiotic with both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activities, and we have laid the groundwork for future studies of its mechanism of action. ..
- Chang S, Kim D, Ryu G, Ko S, Jeong I, Ahn Y, et al. Exendin-4 inhibits iNOS expression at the protein level in LPS-stimulated Raw264.7 macrophage by the activation of cAMP/PKA pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:844-53 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that EX-4 inhibited LPS-induced iNOS expression at protein level, but not at transcriptional mechanism of iNOS gene and this inhibitory effect of EX-4 was mainly dependent on cAMP/PKA system. ..
- Khan S, Shin E, Choi R, Jung Y, Kim J, Tosun A, et al. Suppression of LPS-induced inflammatory and NF-?B responses by anomalin in RAW 264.7 macrophages. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2179-88 pubmed publisher..LPS-induced NF-?B DNA binding was drastically abolished by anomalin. The present data suggest that anomalin is a major anti-inflammatory agent and may be a potential therapeutic candidate for the treatment of inflammatory disorders. ..
- Lee S, Jeong S, Yang H, Jeong S, Jang Y, Park C, et al. Extract of Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen) induces Nrf2-mediated heme oxygenase-1 expression as a cytoprotective action in RAW 264.7 macrophages. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;139:541-8 pubmed publisher..The results support a role of HO-1 in the cytoprotective effect of Danshen. ..
- Rim H, Moon P, Choi I, Lee E, Kim H, Jeong H. SoSoSo or its active ingredient chrysophanol regulates production of inflammatory cytokines & adipokine in both macrophages & adipocytes. Indian J Med Res. 2013;137:142-50 pubmed..This study was aimed at examining the anti-obesity effect of SoSoSo or its active ingredient chrysophanol on the production of inflammatory cytokines and adipokine in macrophyage cell line RAW264 and 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- Kim J, Park K, Ryu J, Lee J, Lee M, Cho H, et al. Intravascular optical imaging of high-risk plaques in vivo by targeting macrophage mannose receptors. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22608 pubmed publisher..This novel imaging approach represents a potential imaging strategy enabling the identification of high-risk plaques in vivo and holds promise for future clinical implications. ..
- Kim S, Kang Y, Kim W, Woo D, Lee Y, Kim D, et al. TWEAK can induce pro-inflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in macrophages. Circ J. 2004;68:396-9 pubmed..These results suggest that TWEAK is involved in atherosclerosis by inducing pro-inflammatory cytokines and extracellular matrix degrading enzymes, which reduce plaque stability. ..
- Cho I, Lee A, Lee S, Lee M, Kim S. Repression by oxidative stress of iNOS and cytokine gene induction in macrophages results from AP-1 and NF-kappaB inhibition mediated by B cell translocation gene-1 activation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:1523-36 pubmed
- Choi H, Oh D, Bang J, Yang H, Yoo M, Kim K. Differential effect of IL-1? and TNF? on the production of IL-6, IL-8 and PGE2 in fibroblast-like synoviocytes and THP-1 macrophages. Rheumatol Int. 2010;30:1025-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-1beta and TNF-alpha differentially regulate gene expression in FLSs and macrophages under hypoxia or normoxia. ..
- Lee M, Kwon H, Nguyen L, Lee E, Lee C, Choi S, et al. Shiga Toxins Trigger the Secretion of Lysyl-tRNA Synthetase to Enhance Proinflammatory Responses. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;26:432-9 pubmed publisher..The secreted KRS acted to increase the production of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines. Thus, KRS may be one of the key factors that mediate transduction of inflammatory signals in the STEC-infected host. ..
- Cho S, Kwon E, Choi S, Lee D, Park C, Park S, et al. Immunomodulatory effect of mesenchymal stem cells on the immune response of macrophages stimulated by Aspergillus fumigatus conidia. Med Mycol. 2016;54:377-83 pubmed publisher..The anti-inflammatory effect of MSCs with regard to cytokine response might be associated with decreased NF-ÎºB translocation, and is not reversed by GM-CSF. ..
- Kwon J, Kim J, Choi S, Park K, Lee M. Inhibitory effects of phenolic compounds from needles of Pinus densiflora on nitric oxide and PGE2 production. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:2011-6 pubmed publisher..In order to evaluate the anti-inflammatory effects of these compounds, their inhibitory activities against nitric oxide and prostaglandin E(2) production in IFN-?- and lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells were examined. ..
- Jeong H, Lee J, Kim W, Choe S, Shin H, Lee G, et al. A nonthiazolidinedione peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ?/? dual agonist CG301360 alleviates insulin resistance and lipid dysregulation in db/db mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2010;78:877-85 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that CG301360 would be a novel PPAR?/? agonist, which might be a potential lead compound to develop against insulin resistance and hyperlipidemia. ..
- Han K, Kim K, Yan J, Lee J, Lee E, Han M, et al. Effects of stimulating interleukin -2/anti- interleukin -2 antibody complexes on renal cell carcinoma. BMC Urol. 2016;16:2 pubmed publisher..1756). IL-2C enhanced immune response without significant side effects; however, this activity was not sufficient to inhibit RCC growth in a syngeneic, murine model. ..
- Song J, Yang H, Pyo S, Jung I, Yi S, Yun Y. Immunomodulatory activity of protein-bound polysaccharide extracted from Chelidonium majus. Arch Pharm Res. 2002;25:158-64 pubmed..48 fold over than the non-treated. On the contrary, CM-Ala had cytotoxic activity to a diverse group of tumor cells. From the above results, we proposed that CM-Ala has a possibility of an effective antitumor immunostimulator. ..
- Kim R, Shin K, Kim Y, Jeong H, Ha J, Choi J, et al. Inhibition of methanol extract from the aerial parts of Saururus chinensis on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide and prostagladin E2 production from murine macrophage RAW 264.7 cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2003;26:481-6 pubmed..These results suggest that SCM inhibits LPS-induced iNOS and COX-2 expression by blocking NF-kappaB activation...
- Kim H, Han M, Chung K, Kim S, Kim E, Kim M, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 senses beta-cell death and contributes to the initiation of autoimmune diabetes. Immunity. 2007;27:321-33 pubmed..These findings suggest that beta-cell death and its sensing via TLR2 may be an initial event for the stimulation of antigen-presenting cells and development of autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Jiang H, Kang M, Quan J, Kang S, Akaike T, Yoo H, et al. The potential of mannosylated chitosan microspheres to target macrophage mannose receptors in an adjuvant-delivery system for intranasal immunization. Biomaterials. 2008;29:1931-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that mannose moieties in the MCMs enhanced immune-stimulating activities through mucosal delivery due to a specific interaction between mannose groups in the MCMs and mannose receptors on the macrophages. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Yun K, Cho Y, Park H, Lee K. Isoliquiritigenin isolated from the roots of Glycyrrhiza uralensis inhibits LPS-induced iNOS and COX-2 expression via the attenuation of NF-kappaB in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;584:175-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the anti-inflammatory properties of ILG are caused by iNOS, COX-2, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 down-regulation due to NF-kappaB inhibition via the suppression of IKK, ERK1/2 and p38 phosphorylation in RAW 264.7 cells...
- Won T, Kim B, Song D, Lim Y, Oh E, Lee D, et al. Modulation of Th1/Th2 balance by Lactobacillus strains isolated from Kimchi via stimulation of macrophage cell line J774A.1 in vitro. J Food Sci. 2011;76:H55-61 pubmed publisher..The present study indicated that several lactobacilli strains from Kimchi may reduce allergic reactions through macrophage-mediated induction of Th1 response. ..
- Nam S, Jeong H, Kim H. Kaempferol impedes IL-32-induced monocyte-macrophage differentiation. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;274:107-115 pubmed publisher..In brief, our findings may provide new mechanistic insights into the anti-inflammatory effects of kaempferol. ..
- Song K, Ahn H, Nam H. Anti-apoptotic effects of SERPIN B3 and B4 via STAT6 activation in macrophages after infection with Toxoplasma gondii. Korean J Parasitol. 2012;50:1-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that T. gondii induces SERPIN B3/B4 expression via STAT6 activation to inhibit the apoptosis of infected THP-1 cells for longer survival of the intracellular parasites themselves. ..
- Hyung K, Lee M, Lee Y, Lee D, Min H, Park S, et al. Biaryl amide compounds reduce the inflammatory response in macrophages by regulating Dectin-1. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;32:125-132 pubmed publisher..Therefore, such compounds could be used to inhibit Dectin-1 in immunological experiments and possibly regulate excessive inflammatory responses. ..
- Cho W, Choi H, Lee S, Kim M, Kim H, Jo S. The role of Tregs and CD11c(+) macrophages/dendritic cells in ischemic preconditioning of the kidney. Kidney Int. 2010;78:981-92 pubmed publisher..Hence, our results show that ischemic preconditioning of the kidney provides a negative signal to the peripheral immune system, partially mediating the tissue-protective and anti-inflammatory effects of this maneuver. ..
- Lee J, Park H, Noh A, Kang J, Chen L, Zheng T, et al. 5-Lipoxygenase mediates RANKL-induced osteoclast formation via the cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1. J Immunol. 2012;189:5284-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this study demonstrate that 5-LO is a key mediator of RANKL-induced osteoclast formation and possibly a novel therapeutic target for bone-resorption diseases. ..
- Chun J, Tosun A, Kim Y. Anti-inflammatory effect of corymbocoumarin from Seseli gummiferum subsp. corymbosum through suppression of NF-ÎºB signaling pathway and induction of HO-1 expression in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;31:207-15 pubmed publisher..7 cells by suppressing NF-ÎºB activation and inducing HO-1 expression. Corymbocoumarin may provide a useful therapeutic approach for inflammation-associated diseases. ..
- Wi H, Jin Y, Choi M, Hong S, Bae Y. Predominance of IL-10 and TGF-? production from the mouse macrophage cell line, RAW264.7, in response to crude antigens from Clonorchis sinensis. Cytokine. 2012;59:237-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that CA from C. sinensis may modulate host immune responses by upregulating anti-inflammatory cytokines via the regulation of ERK. ..
- Moon E, Lee Y, Choi W, Lee M. Toll-like receptor 4-mediated cAMP production up-regulates B-cell activating factor expression in Raw264.7 macrophages. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:2447-55 pubmed publisher..With these data, it suggests that the activation of PKA and cAMP/Epac1/Rap1 pathways could be required for basal mBAFF expression, as well as being up-regulated in the TLR4-induced mBAFF expression. ..
- Yang S, Heo D, Park J, Na S, Suh J, Haam S, et al. Role of surface charge in cytotoxicity of charged manganese ferrite nanoparticles towards macrophages. Nanotechnology. 2012;23:505702 pubmed publisher..7 cells compared with anionic or non-ionic MFNPs under the same conditions. Therefore, we propose that surface charge should be a key consideration factor in the design of magnetic nanoparticles for theragnostic applications. ..
- Kim Y, Kim R, Park S, Ha J, Choi J, Park H, et al. In vitro antiinflammatory activity of kalopanaxsaponin A isolated from Kalopanax pictus in murine macrophage RAW 264.7 cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:472-6 pubmed
- Quan S, Zhang Y, Han D, Iwakura Y, Rhee C. Contribution of interleukin 17A to the development and regulation of allergic inflammation in a murine allergic rhinitis model. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012;108:342-50 pubmed publisher..Interleukin (IL) 17A, a key cytokine of T(H)17 cells, is a well-known proinflammatory cytokine. Despite the important role of T(H)17 cells in acute airway inflammation, the role of IL-17A in allergic rhinitis (AR) remains unclear...
- Kang H, Lee J, Kim C. Anti-inflammatory activity of arctigenin from Forsythiae Fructus. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;116:305-12 pubmed publisher..The pharmacologic mechanism of action of arctigenin may be due to the inhibition of release/production of inflammatory mediators such as AA metabolites and free radicals. ..
- Lee Y, Ryu J, Chang H, Sohn J, Lee K, Woo C, et al. In vivo MR evaluation of the effect of the CCR2 antagonist on macrophage migration. Magn Reson Med. 2010;64:72-9 pubmed publisher..MRI successfully demonstrated the effect of the CCR2 antagonist on the directional migration of macrophages. ..
- Lee H, Chung H, Lee H, Jeong L, Lee S. Suppression of inflammation response by a novel A? adenosine receptor agonist thio-Cl-IB-MECA through inhibition of Akt and NF-?B signaling. Immunobiology. 2011;216:997-1003 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that thio-Cl-IB-MECA might have an anti-inflammatory activity through the inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokine expression by modulating PI3K/Akt and NF-?B signaling pathways. ..
- Um S, Pyee Y, Kim E, Lee S, Shin J, Oh D. Thalassospiramide G, a new ?-amino-acid-bearing peptide from the marine bacterium Thalassospira sp. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:611-22 pubmed publisher..Thalassospiramides A and D (2-3) inhibited nitric oxide (NO) production in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated mouse macrophage RAW 264.7 cells, with IC(50) values of 16.4 and 4.8 ?M, respectively. ..
- Koh J, Lee Y, Kim Y, Park S, Lee S, Kim H, et al. Heat shock protein 60 causes osteoclastic bone resorption via toll-like receptor-2 in estrogen deficiency. Bone. 2009;45:650-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HSP60 and TLR-2 are novel mediators of estrogen-deficiency-induced bone loss. ..
- Hwang S, Kim H, Chung D. Fas/Fas ligand-mediated apoptosis promotes hypersensitivity pneumonitis in mice by enhancing maturation of dendritic cells. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:1250-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that apoptosis in nonhematopoietic cells and Gr-1(+) granulocytes of the lungs promotes HP by enhancing maturation and chemokine production of CD11c(+) dendritic cells. ..
- Lee Y, Kim H, Park C, Kim W, Lee Z, Kim H. Novel extraneural role of neurite outgrowth inhibitor A: modulation of osteoclastogenesis via positive feedback regulation of nuclear factor of activated T cell cytoplasmic 1. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:1043-54 pubmed publisher..These findings not only reveal an unprecedented extraneural role of Nogo-A in osteoclastogenesis but also suggest a novel drug target against bone-lytic diseases. ..
- Kim H, Kwon N, Baek K, Kim D, Yun H. Leucine-rich glioma inactivated 3 associates negatively with adiponectin. Cytokine. 2013;62:206-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that LGI3 may participate in adipose tissue homeostasis by negatively regulating adiponectin. ..
- Lee H, Surh Y. Resolvin D1-mediated NOX2 inactivation rescues macrophages undertaking efferocytosis from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:759-69 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that RvD1 rescues macrophages from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis during efferocytosis through PKA-mediated repression of NOX activation and upregulation of anti-apoptotic protein expression. ..
- Park S, Juliana C, Hong S, Datta P, Hwang I, Fernandes Alnemri T, et al. The mitochondrial antiviral protein MAVS associates with NLRP3 and regulates its inflammasome activity. J Immunol. 2013;191:4358-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that MAVS facilitates the recruitment of NLRP3 to the mitochondria and may enhance its oligomerization and activation by bringing it in close proximity to mitochondrial reactive oxygen species. ..
- Park Y, Won J, Yun K, Ryu J, Han Y, Choi S, et al. Preventive effect of Ginkgo biloba extract (GBB) on the lipopolysaccharide-induced expressions of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 via suppression of nuclear factor-kappaB in RAW 264.7 cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:985-90 pubmed..These results suggest that GBB inhibits LPS-induced iNOS, COX-2 and TNF-alpha expressions through the down-regulation of NF-kappaB-DNA binding activity. ..
- Choi R, Shin E, Jung H, Choi J, Kim Y. Inhibitory effects of kaurenoic acid from Aralia continentalis on LPS-induced inflammatory response in RAW264.7 macrophages. Phytomedicine. 2011;18:677-82 pubmed publisher..continentalis shows anti-inflammatory activity and the inhibition of iNOS and COX-2 expression might be one of the mechanisms responsible for its anti-inflammatory properties. ..
- Choi H, Kim T, Jhon G, Lee S. Reactive oxygen species regulate M-CSF-induced monocyte/macrophage proliferation through SHP1 oxidation. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1633-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that M-CSF-mediated ROS generation leads to SHP1 oxidation, which promotes cell proliferation through the PI3K/Akt-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Kim H, Park J, Cho Y, Cho C, Kim J, Shin H, et al. Pathogenic role of HIF-1? in prostate hyperplasia in the presence of chronic inflammation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:183-94 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that HIF-1? mediates prostate enlargement under inflammatory conditions, and we suggest that HIF-1? be viewed as a promising target for blocking the transition from prostatitis to BPH. ..
- Woo J, Ahn J, Jang D, Lee K, Choi J. Effect of Kumatakenin Isolated From Cloves on the Apoptosis of Cancer Cells and the Alternative Activation of Tumor-Associated Macrophages. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:7893-7899 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that kumatakenin shows anticancer activities by inducing apoptosis of ovarian cancer cells and inhibiting the alternative activation of TAM. ..
- Shin J, Noh Y, Lee Y, Cho Y, Baek N, Choi M, et al. Arvelexin from Brassica rapa suppresses NF-?B-regulated pro-inflammatory gene expression by inhibiting activation of I?B kinase. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;164:145-58 pubmed publisher..Arvelexin down-regulated inflammatory iNOS, COX-2, TNF-?, IL-6 and IL-1? gene expression in macrophages interfering with the activation of IKK? and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, and thus, preventing NF-?B activation. ..
- Jang W, Lim K, Kim K, Noh J, Kang S, Chang Y, et al. Low level of lead can induce phosphatidylserine exposure and erythrophagocytosis: a new mechanism underlying lead-associated anemia. Toxicol Sci. 2011;122:177-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that Pb(2+)-induced anemia may be explained at least in part by increased PS exposure on erythrocytes, erythrophagocytosis, and splenic sequestration. ..
- An Y, Jhang K, Woo S, Kang J, Chong Y. Sulforaphane exerts its anti-inflammatory effect against amyloid-Î² peptide via STAT-1 dephosphorylation and activation of Nrf2/HO-1 cascade in human THP-1 macrophages. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;38:1-10 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the phytochemical sulforaphane has a potential application in AD therapeutics. ..
- Ryu J, Ahn H, Kim J, Kim Y. Inhibitory activity of plant extracts on nitric oxide synthesis in LPS-activated macrophages. Phytother Res. 2003;17:485-9 pubmed..These plants are promising candidates for the study of the activity-guided purification of active compounds and would be useful for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and endotoxemia accompanying overproduction of NO. ..
- Kang J, Rhee C, Kim J, Park C, Kim S, Lee S, et al. Effect of tiotropium bromide on airway remodeling in a chronic asthma model. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012;109:29-35 pubmed publisher..The novel anticholinergic drug tiotropium bromide, which selectively antagonizes muscarinic receptors, especially the M3 subtype, and is long acting, could be beneficial in attenuating airway remodeling in chronic asthma...
- Jia Y, Hoang M, Jun H, Lee J, Lee S. Cyanidin, a natural flavonoid, is an agonistic ligand for liver X receptor alpha and beta and reduces cellular lipid accumulation in macrophages and hepatocytes. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:4185-90 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that cyanidin is a direct ligand for both LXR? and LXR?, suggesting that cyanidin may operate, at least in part, through modulation of cellular LXR activity. ..
- Kim D, Jeong J, Lee J, Kim K, Park S, Kim Y, et al. Inverse agonist of estrogen-related receptor ? controls Salmonella typhimurium infection by modulating host iron homeostasis. Nat Med. 2014;20:419-24 pubmed publisher..typhimurium infection, thereby improving host survival. Taken together, these findings suggest an alternative approach to control multidrug-resistant intracellular bacteria by modulating host iron homeostasis. ..
- Giri S, Sen S, Jun J, Park S, Sukumaran V. Heat-killed whole-cell products of the probiotic Pseudomonas aeruginosa VSG2 strain affect inÂ vitro cytokine expression in head kidney macrophages of Labeo rohita. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;50:310-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results indicated that HKWCPs of probiotic P. aeruginosa VSG2 had greater potential for stimulating the in vitro expression of cytokines in fish and that these HKWCPs may be used as vaccine adjuvants in aquaculture. ..
- Kim J, Shin J, Ryu J, Kim S, Cho Y, Choi J, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of anemarsaponin B isolated from the rhizomes of Anemarrhena asphodeloides in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 macrophages is mediated by negative regulation of the nuclear factor-kappaB and p38 pathways. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:1610-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that anti-inflammatory effect of ASB in LPS-treated RAW 264.7 macrophages is associated with the inhibition of NF-kappaB transcriptional activity, possibly via the p38 MAP kinase pathway...
- Kim C, Yun Y, Lee H, Hwang Y, Kwon I, Lee S. In situ fabrication of alendronate-loaded calcium phosphate microspheres: controlled release for inhibition of osteoclastogenesis. J Control Release. 2010;147:45-53 pubmed publisher..The evaluation of the biological activity showed that ALD-loaded CaP microspheres directly blocked osteoclast formation by releasing ALD to monocytic precursor cells and effectively inhibiting their differentiation into osteoclasts. ..
- Kim K, An D, Song J, Yoon J, Kim H, Yoon H, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis Eis protein initiates suppression of host immune responses by acetylation of DUSP16/MKP-7. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7729-34 pubmed publisher..Our work thus provides insight into the mechanism of suppressing host immune responses and enhancing mycobacterial survival within macrophages by Mtb Eis...
- Khan S, Shehzad O, Jin H, Woo E, Kang S, Baek S, et al. Anti-inflammatory mechanism of 15,16-epoxy-3?-hydroxylabda-8,13(16),14-trien-7-one via inhibition of LPS-induced multicellular signaling pathways. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:67-71 pubmed publisher..The LPS-induced mitogen-activated protein kinases (p-JNK, p-p38, and p-ERK) and p-Akt were inhibited after 30 and 10 min of LPS stimulation, respectively. In addition, TNF-? production was suppressed by 1. ..
- Jin C, Park H, So Y, Nam B, Han S, Kim J. Comparison of the Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Supercritical Carbon Dioxide versus Ethanol Extracts from Leaves of Perilla frutescens Britt. Radiation Mutant. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Taken together, supercritical carbon dioxide extraction is considered the optimal process for obtaining high IK content and anti-inflammatory activities in leaf extracts from the P. frutescens Britt. radiation mutant. ..
- Woo C, Lim J, Kim J. Lipopolysaccharide induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression via a mitochondrial reactive oxygen species-p38 kinase-activator protein-1 pathway in Raw 264.7 cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:6973-80 pubmed..Finally, we showed that the ROS-p38 kinase cascade targets the transcription factor AP-1. Taken together, our findings identify a ROS-p38 kinase-AP-1 cascade as a novel pathway mediating LPS signaling to MMP-9 expression in macrophages. ..
- Cho W, Nam J, Kang H, Windono T, Seo E, Lee K. Zedoarondiol isolated from the rhizoma of Curcuma heyneana is involved in the inhibition of iNOS, COX-2 and pro-inflammatory cytokines via the downregulation of NF-kappaB pathway in LPS-stimulated murine macrophages. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:1049-57 pubmed publisher..These relations reveal, in part, the mechanism underlying the anti-inflammatory properties of zedoarondiol. ..
- Ahn H, Kim J, Ryu K, Nam H. STAT6 activation by Toxoplasma gondii infection induces the expression of Th2 C-C chemokine ligands and B clade serine protease inhibitors in macrophage. Parasitol Res. 2009;105:1445-53 pubmed publisher..This suggests that T. gondii exploits cytokine cross-regulation through STAT6 activation to obviate various toxoplasmacidal reactions by interferon-gamma. ..
- Choi H, Lee E, Kim H, Park M, Baek E. Autonomous control of terminal erythropoiesis via physical interactions among erythroid cells. Stem Cell Res. 2013;10:442-53 pubmed publisher..These results highlight potential new mechanisms for autonomous control of erythropoiesis. The application of these procedures to erythrocyte manufacturing could enhance in vitro erythrocyte production for clinical use. ..
- Hwang C, Rhie G, Oh J, Huh W, Yim H, Kang S. Copper- and zinc-containing superoxide dismutase (Cu/ZnSOD) is required for the protection of Candida albicans against oxidative stresses and the expression of its full virulence. Microbiology. 2002;148:3705-13 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that Cu/ZnSOD is required for the protection of C. albicans against oxidative stresses and for the full virulence of the organism to be expressed. ..
- Jang M, Lee H, Kim J, Ryu J. A curcuminoid and two sesquiterpenoids from Curcuma zedoaria as inhibitors of nitric oxide synthesis in activated macrophages. Arch Pharm Res. 2004;27:1220-5 pubmed..These results imply that the traditional use of C. zedoaria rhizome as anti-inflammatory drug may be explained at least in part, by inhibition of NO production. ..
- Sung Y, Chang H, Kim S, Kim Y, Seo J, Shin M, et al. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of the aqueous extract of corni fructus in murine RAW 264.7 macrophage cells. J Med Food. 2009;12:788-95 pubmed publisher..The aqueous extract of corni fructus exerts anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects by suppressing COX-2 and iNOS expression through the down-regulation of NF-kappaB binding activity. ..
- Cho B, Cho N, Min C, Kim S, Yang J, Lee J, et al. Global gene expression profile of Orientia tsutsugamushi. Proteomics. 2010;10:1699-715 pubmed publisher..Some major changes were the downregulation of genes involved in translation, protein processing and secretion, which correlated with the reduction in bacterial translation rates and growth within macrophages...
- Jeong E, Cho J, Sung S, Kim S, Kim Y. Inhibition of nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophage cells by lignans isolated from Euonymus alatus leaves and twigs. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:2283-6 pubmed publisher..All the isolated compounds except for dilignans (19 and 20) significantly inhibited nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. ..
- Park M, Kang T, Jin D, Han J, Kim S, Park Y, et al. Secreted human glycyl-tRNA synthetase implicated in defense against ERK-activated tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E640-7 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate a conventional cytoplasmic enzyme in translation as an intrinsic component of the defense against ERK-activated tumor formation. ..
- Han A, Kang Y, Windono T, Lee S, Seo E. Prenylated flavonoids from the heartwood of Artocarpus communis with inhibitory activity on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production. J Nat Prod. 2006;69:719-21 pubmed..7 LPS-activated mouse macrophage cells with IC(50) values of 18.8, 6.4, 16.4, 9.3, 18.7, and 12.3 microM, respectively. The structure of compound 1 was elucidated by spectroscopic data analysis, including 1D and 2D NMR experiments...
- Jin L, Choi J, Cho H, Shim J, Kim Y. Microarray analysis of the gene expression profiles of SL2 cells stimulated by LPS/PGN and curdlan. Mol Cells. 2008;25:553-8 pubmed
- Kim E, Shim B, Kang S, Jeong G, Lee J, Yu Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of Scutellaria baicalensis extract via suppression of immune modulators and MAP kinase signaling molecules. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;126:320-31 pubmed publisher..7 cells. These results support the use of SB herbs for its potent anti-inflammatory activity. ..
- Kim J, Park Y, Shin J, Park S, Choi J, Jung H, et al. Fraxinellone inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 expression by negatively regulating nuclear factor-kappa B in RAW 264.7 macrophages cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:1062-8 pubmed..7 cells...