Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on macrophages in Daegu, South Korea
Locale: Daegu, South Korea
- Bae E, Kim W, Kang Y, Suk K, Koh E, Cha H, et al. Glucocorticoid-induced tumour necrosis factor receptor-related protein-mediated macrophage stimulation may induce cellular adhesion and cytokine expression in rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2007;148:410-8 pubmed
- Lee G, Kim J, Oh G, Lee B, Kwon I, Kim I. Molecular targeting of atherosclerotic plaques by a stabilin-2-specific peptide ligand. J Control Release. 2011;155:211-7 pubmed publisher..These results show that the CRLTLTVRKC peptide homes to plaques by targeting stabilin-2; the peptide shows promise as a drug delivery moiety for, and an aid to molecular imaging of, atherosclerosis and other inflammatory diseases. ..
- Lim E, Park D, Lee J, Lee C, Bae Y, Hwang Y, et al. Toll-like receptor 9-mediated inhibition of apoptosis occurs through suppression of FoxO3a activity and induction of FLIP expression. Exp Mol Med. 2010;42:712-20 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate the involvement of Akt-FoxO3a in TLR9-mediated anti-apoptosis and indicate that FoxO3a is a distinct regulator for FLIP expression. ..
- Park D, Baek K, Lee J, Park Y, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Activation of toll-like receptor 4 modulates vascular endothelial growth factor synthesis through prostacyclin-IP signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:1090-5 pubmed..Overall, this study demonstrated that engagement of TLR4 with LPS induces production of PGI2 via Akt and generates VEGF through IP receptor. ..
- Ha B, Hong J, Park J, Ha M, Kim T, Cho J, et al. Proteomic profile of osteoclast membrane proteins: identification of Na+/H+ exchanger domain containing 2 and its role in osteoclast fusion. Proteomics. 2008;8:2625-39 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a proteomic profile of osteoclast membrane proteins and identify Nhedc2, which is probably associated with proton transport in osteoclasts, as a regulator of osteoclast function. ..
- Kim S, Lee S, Suk K, Bark H, Jun C, Kim D, et al. Discoidin domain receptor 1 mediates collagen-induced nitric oxide production in J774A.1 murine macrophages. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;42:343-52 pubmed
- Jeong W, Do S, Jeong D, Hong I, Park J, Ran K, et al. Kinetics of MMP-1 and MMP-3 produced by mast cells and macrophages in liver fibrogenesis of rat. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:3517-26 pubmed..MMP-1, TIMP-1 and -2 expressions increased in the late stages of fibrosis and cirrhosis. During recovery, the MMP-3 expression of macrophages greatly increased in the unresolved fibrous septa. ..
- Woo K, Lim J, Suh S, Kwon Y, Shin S, Kim S, et al. Differential inhibitory effects of baicalein and baicalin on LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression through inhibition of C/EBPbeta DNA-binding activity. Immunobiology. 2006;211:359-68 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that baicalein acts to inhibit inflammation through inhibition of COX-2 gene expression through blockade of C/EBPbeta DNA binding activity. ..
- Lee S, Jeon S, Suk K, Lee W. Macrophages express membrane bound form of APRIL that can generate immunomodulatory signals. Immunology. 2010;131:350-6 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that macrophages express a membrane-bound form of APRIL which, upon stimulation, modulates the activities of macrophages through stimulation or inhibition of processes associated with inflammation. ..
- Kim T, Jung J, Ha B, Hong J, Park E, Kim H, et al. The effects of luteolin on osteoclast differentiation, function in vitro and ovariectomy-induced bone loss. J Nutr Biochem. 2011;22:8-15 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that luteolin has the potential for prevention of bone loss in postmenopausal osteoporosis by reducing both osteoclast differentiation and function. ..
- Tran H, Nguyen V, Kim J, Rho S, Woo M, Choi J, et al. Anti-inflammatory activities of compounds from twigs of Morus alba. Fitoterapia. 2017;120:17-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, pretreating the cells with compound 1, 17, and 32 significantly suppressed LPS-induced expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) protein. ..
- Kang E, Gebru E, Kim M, Cheng H, Park S. EstA protein, a novel virulence factor of Streptococcus pneumoniae, induces nitric oxide and pro-inflammatory cytokine production in RAW 264.7 macrophages through NF-kappaB/MAPK. Microb Pathog. 2009;47:196-201 pubmed publisher..Future studies on the upstream protein kinases of the MAPK/NF-kappaB pathways and the kinetics of cytokine production will provide further details into the mechanism of EstA-induced inflammatory response. ..
- Park S, Jung M, Lee S, Kang K, Gratchev A, Riabov V, et al. Stabilin-1 mediates phosphatidylserine-dependent clearance of cell corpses in alternatively activated macrophages. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3365-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this protein might play an important role in the maintenance of tissue homeostasis and prevention of autoimmunity. ..
- Yu M, Choi J, Chae I, Im H, Yang S, More K, et al. Suppression of LPS-induced inflammatory activities by Rosmarinus officinalis L. Food Chem. 2013;136:1047-54 pubmed publisher..Rosemary extract and its hexane fraction are important for the prevention of phosphorylation of MAPKs, thereby blocking NF-kB activation, which in turn leads to decreased expression of iNOS and COX-2, thus preventing inflammation. ..
- Kim H, Hong J, Jung J, Kim T, Kim J, Kim Y, et al. Gymnasterkoreayne F inhibits osteoclast formation by suppressing NFATc1 and DC-STAMP expression. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:1440-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that GK-F might be useful as a therapeutic agent for bone resorption-related diseases. ..
- Seo J, Jeon Y, Lee Y, Yoon G, Won D, Ha J, et al. Trafficking macrophage migration using reporter gene imaging with human sodium iodide symporter in animal models of inflammation. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:1637-43 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility of nuclear molecular imaging using the human sodium iodide symporter (hNIS) as a reporter gene to monitor macrophage migration toward the inflammatory foci...
- Im S, Osborne T. Protection from bacterial-toxin-induced apoptosis in macrophages requires the lipogenic transcription factor sterol regulatory element binding protein 1a. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2196-202 pubmed publisher..Additional studies demonstrate that SREBP-1a specifically activates the Api6 gene through a binding site in its proximal promoter, thus establishing the Api6 gene as a newly identified SREBP-1a target gene. ..
- Chun K, Bae E, Kim J, Suk K, Lee W. Suppression of the lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of MARCKS-related protein (MRP) affects transmigration in activated RAW264.7 cells. Cell Immunol. 2009;256:92-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, pharmacological inhibitors of PKC significantly inhibited the chemotaxis in RAW264.7 cells. These data reveals the pivotal role of MRP in the transmigration of activated RAW264.7 cells. ..
- Min K, Cho K, Kwon T. The effect of oxidized low density lipoprotein (oxLDL)-induced heme oxygenase-1 on LPS-induced inflammation in RAW 264.7 macrophage cells. Cell Signal. 2012;24:1215-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that oxLDL could modulate LPS-induced inflammatory responses by inhibiting NF-?B signaling independently of HO-1 expression. ..
- Lim E, Park D, Jeong T, Chin B, Bae Y, Baek S. TRAIL is involved in CpG ODN-mediated anti-apoptotic signals. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1213-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate the involvement of Akt-FoxO3a signaling in TLR9-mediated downregulation of TRAIL and anti-apoptotic signals. ..
- Choe J, Kim S. Melittin inhibits osteoclast formation through the downregulation of the RANKL-RANK signaling pathway and the inhibition of interleukin-1? in murine macrophages. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:539-548 pubmed publisher..On the whole, the findings of this study demonstrate that melittin inhibits the formation of osteoclast-like MNCs by interfering with the RANKL-RANK signaling pathway. ..
- Endale M, Park S, Kim S, Kim S, Yang Y, Cho J, et al. Quercetin disrupts tyrosine-phosphorylated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and myeloid differentiation factor-88 association, and inhibits MAPK/AP-1 and IKK/NF-?B-induced inflammatory mediators production in RAW 264.7 cells. Immunobiology. 2013;218:1452-67 pubmed publisher..Quercetin limits LPS-induced inflammation via inhibition of Src- and Syk-mediated PI3K-(p85) tyrosine phosphorylation and subsequent TLR4/MyD88/PI3K complex formation that limits activation of downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Jung Y, Han S, Kim G, Jeong J, Kim H, Choi J. DICAM inhibits osteoclast differentiation through attenuation of the integrin ?V?3 pathway. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:2024-34 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that DICAM acts as a negative regulator of osteoclast differentiation by suppressing the integrin ?V?3 pathway. ..
- Lee J, Lee S, Park D, Lee S, Yoon H, Chin B, et al. Toll-like receptor 9-stimulated monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is mediated via JNK-cytosolic phospholipase A2-ROS signaling. Cell Signal. 2008;20:105-11 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest that CpG enhances ROS generation through cPLA2-dependent pathways, which results in MCP-1 release. ..
- Lee S, Nam Y, Suk K, Lee W. Immune receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (IREM-1) inhibits B cell activation factor (BAFF)-mediated inflammatory regulation of THP-1 cells through modulation of the activities of extracellular regulated kinase (ERK). Clin Exp Immunol. 2010;161:504-11 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that IREM-1 exerted its inhibitory effect on BAFF-medicated signalling through ITIM-mediated regulation of ERK activities in THP-1 cells. ..
- Lee S, Yun H, Kim S. The comparative effects of mesoporous silica nanoparticles and colloidal silica on inflammation and apoptosis. Biomaterials. 2011;32:9434-43 pubmed publisher..The MPS nanoparticles exhibit better biocompatibility than colloidal silica and promise excellent potential usage in the field of biomedical and biotechnological applications. ..
- Yayeh T, Oh W, Park S, Kim T, Cho J, Park H, et al. Phellinus baumii ethyl acetate extract inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced iNOS, COX-2, and proinflammatory cytokine expression in RAW264.7 cells. J Nat Med. 2012;66:49-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, further study on compounds isolated from PBEAE is warranted to investigate the associated molecular mechanisms and identify the potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Hwang M, Damte D, Lee J, Gebru E, Chang Z, Cheng H, et al. Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae induces pro-inflammatory cytokine and nitric oxide production through NF?B and MAPK pathways in RAW264.7 cells. Vet Res Commun. 2011;35:21-34 pubmed publisher..In summary, we found critical evidence for the involvement of NF-?B and MAPK signaling pathways in the upregulation of proinflammatory cytokine and NO induced by M. hyopneumoniae...
- Park S, Jung M, Kim H, Lee S, Kim S, Lee B, et al. Rapid cell corpse clearance by stabilin-2, a membrane phosphatidylserine receptor. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:192-201 pubmed..These data indicate that stabilin-2 is the first of the membrane PS receptors to provide tethering and tickling signals, and may also be involved in the resolution of inflammation and the prevention of autoimmunity. ..
- Kim J, Jung K, Jang H, Park K. Gender-specific role of HDAC11 in kidney ischemia- and reperfusion-induced PAI-1 expression and injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F61-70 pubmed publisher..These data provide important insight into gender dimorphism offering HDAC11 as a novel target for I/R injury. ..
- Lee H, Jeong Y, Lee T, Park Y, Chae W, Chung I, et al. Moringa fruit inhibits LPS-induced NO/iNOS expression through suppressing the NF-? B activation in RAW264.7 cells. Am J Chin Med. 2013;41:1109-23 pubmed publisher..7 cells. These findings reveal, in part, the molecular basis underlying the anti-inflammatory properties of moringa fruit extract...
- Park C, Heo J, Suk K, Lee W. Sodium azide suppresses LPS-induced expression MCP-1 through regulating I?B? and STAT1 activities in macrophages. Cell Immunol. 2017;315:64-70 pubmed publisher..These new findings about the activity of NaN3 may contribute to the development of specific regulators of macrophage activity during acute and chronic inflammation. ..
- Lee Y, Ka S, Cha H, Chae Y, Kim M, Park S, et al. Myeloid Sirtuin 6 Deficiency Causes Insulin Resistance in High-Fat Diet-Fed Mice by Eliciting Macrophage Polarization Toward an M1 Phenotype. Diabetes. 2017;66:2659-2668 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Sirt6 in macrophages is required for the prevention of obesity-associated tissue inflammation and insulin resistance. ..
- Park S, Chun K, Kim J, Suk K, Jung Y, Lee W. The differential effect of high and low molecular weight fucoidans on the severity of collagen-induced arthritis in mice. Phytother Res. 2010;24:1384-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HMWF enhances arthritis through enhancing the inflammatory activation of macrophages while LMWF reduces arthritis through the suppression of Th1-mediated Immune reactions. ..
- Lee H, Yeo S, Kim J, Lee J, Bae Y, Lee C, et al. Protein kinase C-eta and phospholipase D2 pathway regulates foam cell formation via regulator of G protein signaling 2. Mol Pharmacol. 2010;78:478-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LPS causes foam cell formation by increasing PKC-eta and PLD2 activity by down-regulating RGS2 expression via TLR4 dependently. ..
- Kim S, Lee J, Cho W, Cho K, Sakong J, Kim J, et al. Role of NADPH oxidase-2 in lipopolysaccharide-induced matrix metalloproteinase expression and cell migration. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010;88:197-204 pubmed publisher..MMP-9 expression and cell migration were controlled by ERK1/2-ROS signaling. Collectively, these results suggest that LPS stimulates ROS production via ERK and induce various types of MMPs expression and cell migration. ..
- Jeon S, Lee K, Park E, Jeon Y, Cho H. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 immunoreactivity in sensory ganglia and hindpaw after adjuvant injection. Neuroreport. 2008;19:183-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that peripheral tissue inflammation induces increased MCP-1 expression in DRG neurons and this may be dependent upon glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor. ..
- Kim J, Yeo S, Shin D, Bae Y, Lee J, Chin B, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta and beta-catenin pathway is involved in toll-like receptor 4-mediated NADPH oxidase 1 expression in macrophages. FEBS J. 2010;277:2830-7 pubmed publisher..Conversely, ectopic expression of a constitutively active GSK3beta mutant severely attenuated Nox1 expression. These findings identify a novel regulatory pathway controlling Nox1 expression by LPS-stimulated macrophages. ..