Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications1614 found, 100 shown here
- Kang M, Kang H, Kim J, Kim J, Oh S, Yoo Y. Inhibition of PI3 kinase/Akt pathway is required for BMP2-induced EMT and invasion. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:525-34 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that suppression of the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway is correlated with the development of BMP2 resistance and invasion in BMP2-induced EMT in colon cancer. ..
- Kim J, Cheong H, Park B, Bae J, Jung S, Yoon S, et al. A new association between polymorphisms of the SLC6A7 gene in the chromosome 5q31-32 region and asthma. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:358-65 pubmed publisher..008; which are not significant after multiple correction). Therefore, our findings suggest that SLC6A7 could be a susceptible gene for asthma. ..
- Choi H, Kim W, Kim H, Kim J, Ko J, Lee S, et al. Identification and characterization of adenovirus early region 1B-associated protein 5 as a surface marker on undifferentiated human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:609-20 pubmed publisher..As far as we know, this is the first report demonstrating that heterogeneous nuclear RNA-binding protein is expressed on the surface of undifferentiated hESCs. ..
- Lee H, Rhyu I, Kim H, Jun H, Min B, Lee S, et al. In-vivo-induced antigenic determinants of Fusobacterium nucleatum subsp. nucleatum. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2011;26:164-72 pubmed publisher..IVIAT-identified F. nucleatum genes in this study may accelerate the elucidation of F. nucleatum-mediated molecular pathogenesis...
- Han W, Woo J, Yu J, Lee M, Moon H, Kang D, et al. Common genetic variants associated with breast cancer in Korean women and differential susceptibility according to intrinsic subtype. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011;20:793-8 pubmed publisher..Associations were heterogeneous according to the intrinsic subtype of breast cancer. Our result is an important contribution to the literature about genetic susceptibility for breast cancer in nonwhite populations. ..
- Nam M, Jang J, Kim H, Han E, Lee W, An S, et al. Conserved sequences of thrombospondin-related adhesive protein gene of Plasmodium vivax in clinical isolates from Korea. Trop Med Int Health. 2011;16:923-8 pubmed publisher..The ROK isolates revealed the limited sequence polymorphisms in PvTRAP in comparison with the reported isolates from other nations. ..
- Lee J, Han J, Kim T, Yoo T, Park S, Lee S. Laparoendoscopic single-site ureterolithotomy for upper ureteral stone disease: the first 30 cases in a multicenter study. J Endourol. 2011;25:1293-8 pubmed publisher..There were no cases of urinary leakage. LESS ureterolithotomy using a homemade single port device can be considered to be a feasible and safe alternative to conventional laparoscopic ureterolithotomy. ..
- Boo S, Byeon J, Park D, Seo D, Yang D, Jung K, et al. EUS-guided fine needle aspiration and trucut needle biopsy for examination of rectal and perirectal lesions. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:1510-8 pubmed publisher..We aimed to evaluate the diagnostic utility of EUS-FNA and/or TCB in patients with rectal and perirectal lesions. We also assessed their influence on the management and clinical course of these patients...
- Kim E, Kim S, Moon C, Park J, Kim T, Kim W, et al. Interactions between IL17A, IL23R, and STAT4 polymorphisms confer susceptibility to intestinal Behcet's disease in Korean population. Life Sci. 2012;90:740-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the interaction of specific IL17A, IL23R, and STAT4 SNPs modulate susceptibility to intestinal BD in the Korean population, suggesting that the IL-17/23 axis plays a significant role in disease pathogenesis. ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Jung B, Park E, Cho W, Lee S. The association between cancer incidence and family income: analysis of Korean National Health Insurance cancer registration data. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:1371-6 pubmed..The results show the relationship between family income and cancer risk differs according to type of cancer. ..
- Yang Z, Cho P, Ahn S, Ahn H, Kim T, Chong C, et al. A surge in the seroprevalence of toxoplasmosis among the residents of islands in Gangwha-gun, Incheon, Korea. Korean J Parasitol. 2012;50:191-7 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to find out symptomatic toxoplasmic patients and confirm the risk factors for further infection in the islands of Gangwha-gun...
- Yun Y, Lee M, Park S, Kim Y, Lee W, Lee K, et al. Effect of complementary and alternative medicine on the survival and health-related quality of life among terminally ill cancer patients: a prospective cohort study. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:489-94 pubmed publisher..While CAM did not provide any definite survival benefit, CAM users reported clinically significant worse HRQOLs. ..
- Kim D, Kim I, Jeong S, Cho Y, Lee J, Jin Y, et al. A nationwide seroepidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection in South Korea. Liver Int. 2013;33:586-94 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of HCV infection is low in South Korea. Studies to analyse risk factors are warranted to reduce HCV infection. ..
- Su Kim D, Choi Y, Moon M, Kang S, Lim J, Kim K, et al. Composite three-marker assay for early detection of kidney cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013;22:390-8 pubmed publisher..NNMT/LCP1/NM23A triple markers could be a helpful screening assay to detect early RCC. ..
- Ko K, Park Y, Lee J, Ku J, Kwak C, Kim H. Influence of nutritional deficiency on prognosis of renal cell carcinoma (RCC). BJU Int. 2013;112:775-80 pubmed publisher..39-3.03, P < 0.001). Nutritional deficiency defined by BMI, serum albumin and cholesterol is an important factor that predicts postoperative prognosis of patients with RCC who have undergone radical or partial nephrectomy. ..
- Sung C, Im H, Park N, Kwon Y, Shin S, Ye D, et al. Induction of steroid sulfatase expression in PC-3 human prostate cancer cells by insulin-like growth factor II. Toxicol Lett. 2013;223:109-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results strongly suggest that IGF-II induces STS expression via a PI3-kinase/Akt-NF-?B signaling pathway in PC-3 cells and may induce estrogen production and estrogen-mediated carcinogenesis. ..
- Park S, Ko B, Han J, Hong S, Lee M. A prospective randomized comparative study of cold forceps polypectomy by using narrow-band imaging endoscopy versus cold snare polypectomy in patients with diminutive colorectal polyps. Gastrointest Endosc. 2016;83:527-32.e1 pubmed publisher..CFP appears to be the proper method for resection of DCPs 1 to 3 mm in size if no remnant polyp is visible by NBI endoscopy, but CFP is likely to be insufficient for larger polyps. ( NCT02201147.). ..
- Jun Y, Lee J, Hwang S, Kwak J, Ahn H, Bak Y, et al. Beneficial effect of xylose consumption on postprandial hyperglycemia in Korean: a randomized double-blind, crossover design. Trials. 2016;17:139 pubmed publisher..Xylose supplementation may exert a beneficial effect on postprandial glycemic responses in subjects with normal glucose levels and prediabetes. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT02654301 . Registered 12 January 2016. ..
- Palmerini T, Serruys P, Kappetein A, Genereux P, Riva D, Reggiani L, et al. Clinical outcomes with percutaneous coronary revascularization vs coronary artery bypass grafting surgery in patients with unprotected left main coronary artery disease: A meta-analysis of 6 randomized trials and 4,686 patients. Am Heart J. 2017;190:54-63 pubmed publisher..Both procedures resulted in similar long-term composite rates of death, myocardial infarction, or stroke, with PCI offering an early safety advantage and CABG demonstrating greater durability. ..
- Park Y, Ryu K, Huh B, Kim J. Erdheim-Chester disease: a case report. J Korean Med Sci. 1999;14:323-6 pubmed..Immunohistochemical staining showed positive reaction to anti-S-100 and lysozyme in the cytoplasm of the giant cells. ..
- Kim K, Kim J, Kim Y. Use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) during whole lung lavage in pulmonary alveolar proteinosis associated with lung cancer. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2004;26:1050-1 pubmed..To achieve the successful operation of lung cancer, we used percutaneous veno-venous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) during whole lung lavage (WLL) of the contralateral lung. We performed successful WLL under ECMO support. ..
- Kim Y, Rhim H, Sung J, Kim S, Kim Y, Koh B, et al. Bronchobiliary fistula after radiofrequency thermal ablation of hepatic tumor. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005;16:407-10 pubmed..Symptomatic improvement was achieved by conservative management with an external drainage catheter, but the fistula was still persistent on a 2-month follow-up image. ..
- Hahn H, Ku S, Kim K, Park Y, Yoon C, Cheong H. Implication of genetic variations in congenital obstructive nephropathy. Pediatr Nephrol. 2005;20:1541-4 pubmed..These findings indicate that the AGTR2 gene may play a major role in the development of congenital obstructive nephropathy...
- Jun J, Cho D, Kang C, Bae S. Thiopurine S-methyltransferase polymorphisms and the relationship between the mutant alleles and the adverse effects in systemic lupus erythematosus patients taking azathioprine. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2005;23:873-6 pubmed..We thus conclude that TMPT genotyping cannot replace regular blood monitoring in SLE patients receiving AZA treatment. ..
- Roh J, Kim H, Kim A. The effect of acute xerostomia on vocal function. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;132:542-6 pubmed..To evaluate whether xerostomia can affect vocal function in an experimental model...
- Song K, Choi B, Kim S, Park C. Laparoscopic removal of gastric bezoar. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2007;17:42-4 pubmed..In this case, we present a 62-year-old male who had gastric phytobezoar that was successfully treated with a laparoscopic technique...
- Choi I, Moon P, Koo H, Myung N, Kim S, Lee J, et al. Observations of Forsythia koreana methanol extract on mast cell-mediated allergic reactions in experimental models. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2007;43:215-21 pubmed..Treatment with FKME showed significant inhibitory effects on histamine, TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IL-8 release from mast cells...
- Kim H, Oh D, Lee S, Ha J, Joe Y. Antimigratory effect of TK1-2 is mediated in part by interfering with integrin alpha2beta1. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:2133-41 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results suggest that TK1-2 inhibits endothelial cell migration through inhibition of signaling and cytoskeleton rearrangement in part by interfering with integrin alpha(2)beta(1). ..
- Kang J, Kim N, Lee D, Park J, Lee M, Kim J, et al. The effects of genetic polymorphisms of IL-6, IL-8, and IL-10 on Helicobacter pylori-induced gastroduodenal diseases in Korea. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2009;43:420-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the genetic polymorphisms of these 3 inflammation-related cytokines, IL-10, IL-8, and IL-6, are associated with the development of H. pylori-associated gastroduodenal disease. ..
- Do M, Lee Y, Choi C, Kim S, Mun C, Moon H, et al. [The changes in prevalence and the related factors of Helicobacter pylori infection in Korean health check-up subjects during 8 years]. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2009;53:76-83 pubmed..The prevalence of H. pylori infection was significantly decreased during 8-year period in Korean health check-up subjects. Age and peptic ulcer diseases were the two significant factors related to H. pylori infection in Korea. ..
- Choi C, Kim B, Hong J, Kim E, Kim H, Choi J. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia in a rat model induced by intra-amniotic inflammation and postnatal hyperoxia: morphometric aspects. Pediatr Res. 2009;65:323-7 pubmed publisher..The authors concluded that intra-amniotic LPS sensitizes neonatal rat lungs, and thus, amplifies the hyperoxia-induced inhibition of alveolarization. ..
- Cho H, Lim B, Kang E, Choi J, Kim J. Molecular characterization of a new ovarian cancer cell line, YDOV-151, established from mucinous cystadenocarcinoma. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2009;218:129-39 pubmed..In addition, the identification and validation of up-regulated genes may provide a genetic approach for identifying biomarkers in ovarian cancer...
- Baik S, Lee K, Jeong S, Park Y, Kim H, Lee D, et al. Development of a rating system for digestive system impairments: Korean Academy of Medical Sciences Guideline. J Korean Med Sci. 2009;24 Suppl 2:S271-6 pubmed publisher..We especially emphasized objectivity as the most important value. We worked to make it easy and convenient to use for both the subjects who received the impairment ratings and the doctors who will give the ratings. ..
- Kang G, Lee E, Jang K, Kim K, Park C, Lee C, et al. Expression of HSP90 in gastrointestinal stromal tumours and mesenchymal tumours. Histopathology. 2010;56:694-701 pubmed publisher..003). Overexpression of HSP90 is predictive of adverse behaviour in GISTs and may provide a therapeutic solution to the challenge of imatinib-resistant GISTs and other mesenchymal sarcomas. ..
- Lee K, Lee H, Kim M. Two cases of corneal ulcer due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in high risk groups. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2010;24:240-4 pubmed publisher..This report includes descriptions of the characteristic features, antibiotic sensitivities, prevention, and successful treatment with vancomycin-containing eyedrops for MRSA corneal ulcers...
- Lee J, Oh K, Park C, Park J, Jun J, Yoon B. The presence of funisitis is associated with a decreased risk for the development of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome. Placenta. 2011;32:235-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this observation suggests that the fetal involvement of placental inflammation may be beneficial to the maturation of the fetal lung. ..
- Kim J, Kim S, Joh J, Kwon C, Song S, Shin M, et al. Kidney donation after cardiac death in Korea. Transplant Proc. 2011;43:1434-7 pubmed publisher..Donors who die during the evaluation of brain death should not be abandoned for procurement, and we need to try to harvest allografts after cardiac death (type 4 DCD) to expand donor pools. ..
- Lee S, Lee D, Kim J, Kwon M, Kim J, Hong Y, et al. Molecular screening of the TSH receptor (TSHR) and thyroid peroxidase (TPO) genes in Korean patients with nonsyndromic congenital hypothyroidism. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2011;75:715-21 pubmed publisher..In addition, the low rate of mutation positivity suggests significant genetic heterogeneity of CH in the Korean population. ..
- Kim C, Yoon J, Bae J, Lee S. Prediction of postoperative eyelid height after frontalis suspension using autogenous fascia lata for pediatric congenital ptosis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2012;153:334-342.e2 pubmed publisher..To predict eyelid height after frontalis suspension using autogenous fascia lata for congenital ptosis...
- Jang J, Oh B, Kwon J, You C, Chung K, Kay C, et al. Serum interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein as a prognostic indicator in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cytokine. 2012;60:686-93 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that inflammatory activation of the IL-6/CRP network may be a potential therapeutic target and biomarker for HCC. ..
- Song Y, Yun E. [Model for unplanned self extubation of ICU patients using system dynamics approach]. J Korean Acad Nurs. 2015;45:280-92 pubmed publisher..Results show that identification of a proper model enables prediction of UE probability. This prediction allows for adjustment of related factors, and provides basic data do develop nursing interventions to decrease UE. ..
- Jeon G, Im W, Shim Y, Lee M, Kim M, Hong Y, et al. Neuroprotective Effect of Human Adipose Stem Cell-Derived Extract in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Neurochem Res. 2016;41:913-23 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that hASC hold promise as a novel therapeutic strategy for treating ALS. ..
- Kim G, Ha H, Kweon J, Lee S, Kim Y, Yang D, et al. Post-stenotic plug-like jet with a vortex ring demonstrated by 4D flow MRI. Magn Reson Imaging. 2016;34:371-5 pubmed publisher..In this plug-like jet, the local fastest flow region occurred at the post-systole phase in the post-stenotic region, which was distinguishable from a typical stenotic jet flow at systole phase. ..
- Park J, Kim D, Yoon S. Regulation of amyloid precursor protein processing by its KFERQ motif. BMB Rep. 2016;49:337-42 pubmed..These findings suggest that KFERQ motif is important for normal processing and degradation of APP to preclude the accumulation of APP-CTFs although it may not be important for CMA or microautophagy. [BMB Reports 2016; 49(6): 337-342]. ..
- Kim S, Lee G. Influence of category coherence and type of base-rate acquisition on property generalization. Acta Psychol (Amst). 2017;172:64-70 pubmed publisher..Our results (Experiment 1 and Experiment 2) validated these two predictions. Finally, the interaction between category coherence and type of base-rate acquisition was discussed. ..
- Yang W, Kim J, Han N, Lee E, Park S. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 Attenuates the Effects of Lipopolysaccharide by Causing ADAM10-Dependent Ectodomain Shedding of Toll-Like Receptor 4. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2104-2116 pubmed publisher..1,25D3 causes ectodomain shedding of TLR4 and thereby decreases the responsiveness of cells to LPS. ADAM10, activated by extracellular Ca2+ influx, was implicated in the ectodomain cleavage of TLR4. ..
- Kwon J, Sung K. Factors Associated With Zonular Instability During Cataract Surgery in Eyes With Acute Angle Closure Attack. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;183:118-124 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should consider the possibility of zonular instability during cataract surgery for eyes with less hyperopic SE, longer AL, and higher LV among those with a history of AAC attack. ..
- Cho B, Lim Y, Lee D, Park S, Lee H, Kim W, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel cancer/testis antigen gene CAGE. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:715-26 pubmed..This suggests that CAGE might play a role in cellular proliferation. Because CAGE is expressed in a variety of cancers but not in normal tissues except testis, this gene can be a target of antitumor immunotherapy. ..
- Hong S, Lim H, Kim D, Kim S. A case of gastroenteritis associated with gastric trichuriasis. J Korean Med Sci. 2003;18:429-32 pubmed..She was medicated with prednisolone and albendazole and cured. She is the first case of eosinophilic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract and ascites associated with trichuriasis in the stomach. ..
- Kim T, Park Y, Hwang J, Song J, Park K, Cho B, et al. A C/T polymorphism in the 5'-untranslated region of the CD40 gene is associated with Graves' disease in Koreans. Thyroid. 2003;13:919-25 pubmed..However, clinical characteristics and other thyroid antibodies were not significantly different. In conclusion, the C allele in the 5'-untranslated region of the CD40 gene may confer genetic susceptibility to Graves' disease in Koreans. ..
- Kim H, Himeno T, Kawashita M, Lee J, Kokubo T, Nakamura T. Surface potential change in bioactive titanium metal during the process of apatite formation in simulated body fluid. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2003;67:1305-9 pubmed..The amorphous calcium phosphate eventually transforms and stabilizes into bone-like crystalline apatite with a negative charge. ..
- Yang S, Jin Y, Park S, Jahng T, Kim H, Chung C. Paragangliomas in the cauda equina region: clinicopathoradiologic findings in four cases. J Neurooncol. 2005;72:49-55 pubmed..Although it is difficult to correctly diagnose paraganglioma preoperatively for intradural extramedullary tumors, especially in the cauda equina, paraganglioma should be included in differential diagnoses...
- Kim Y, Park H, Lee H, Ha E, Suh S, Oh S, et al. Reduced L-arginine level and decreased placental eNOS activity in preeclampsia. Placenta. 2006;27:438-44 pubmed
- Kook M, Cho H, Seong M, Choi J. Scanning laser polarimetry using variable corneal compensation in the detection of glaucoma with localized visual field defects. Ophthalmology. 2005;112:1970-8 pubmed
- Song M, Jun D, Kim S, Lee H, Jo Y, Park Y. Recurrent duodenal ulcer and cholangitis associated with ectopic opening of bile duct in the duodenal bulb. Gastrointest Endosc. 2007;65:324-5; discussion 325 pubmed
- Jeon Y, Lee K, Ko M, Lee Y, Kang S, Hwang D. Human TopBP1 participates in cyclin E/CDK2 activation and preinitiation complex assembly during G1/S transition. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14882-90 pubmed..Based on these results, we suggest a dual role of TopBP1 necessary for the G(1)/S transition: one for activating cyclin E/CDK2 kinase and the other for loading replication components onto chromatin to initiate DNA synthesis. ..
- Lee S, Kang B, Kim N, Roh J. Does microbleed predict haemorrhagic transformation after acute atherothrombotic or cardioembolic stroke?. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008;79:913-6 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that underlying MBs do not predict incident HTf after acute ischaemic stroke. The clinical significance of MBs should be differentially evaluated according to the type of disease (intracerebral haemorrhage vs. HTf). ..
- Lee N, Kim K. Photodynamic therapy treatment for eyes with drusenoid pigment epithelium detachment. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2008;22:194-6 pubmed publisher..The results of the PDT, on drusenoid PED, were initially effective, but not completely successful. Therefore, PDT may be considered as an alternative treatment option for drusenoid PED. ..
- Leem Y, Lim H, Shim S, Cho J, Kim B, Han P. Repression of tau hyperphosphorylation by chronic endurance exercise in aged transgenic mouse model of tauopathies. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2561-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that chronic endurance exercise may provide a therapeutic potential to alleviate the tau pathology. ..
- Yoon W, Kim Y, Kim S, Park I, Kim S, Baik M. Transarterial coil embolization of a carotid-cavernous fistula which occurred during stent angioplasty. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2009;151:849-53; discussion 853-4 pubmed publisher..Probable causes of this complication and its treatment method are discussed. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of such a case. ..
- Kim S, Kang J, Kim C. Temperament and character in subjects with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Compr Psychiatry. 2009;50:567-72 pubmed publisher..There were significant differences in TCI subscales between patients with OCD and controls. Particular personality traits may have an influence on the severity and the dimensions of OC symptoms. ..
- Kwak M, Kim J, Shin I, Shin S, Song K, Suh G, et al. Real-time medical control using a wireless audio-video transmission device in a pre-hospital emergency service in Korea. J Telemed Telecare. 2009;15:404-8 pubmed publisher..However, improvements in device performance should produce higher quality pre-hospital emergency medical care in the future. ..
- Kim K, Choi H, Kim Y, Kwon W, Lee W, Suh J. Thoracic splenosis: a case report and the importance of clinical history. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:299-303 pubmed publisher..Review of the patient's history and chest CT at admission revealed that the patient had undergone a splenectomy for the penetration injury 20 yr previously. ..
- Ku J, Moon K, Kwak C, Kim H. Influence of stage discrepancy on outcome in patients treated with radical cystectomy. Tumori. 2010;96:699-703 pubmed..823) were independent predictors of cancer-specific survival. Our findings indicate that clinical stage determined by transurethral resection is not predictive of clinical outcome after radical cystectomy in patients with bladder cancer. ..
- Kang W, Yang J. Crystal structure of human FAF1 UBX domain reveals a novel FcisP touch-turn motif in p97/VCP-binding region. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;407:531-4 pubmed publisher..Those conformational differences observed in the p97/VCP-binding motif caused by the interaction with neighboring molecules presumably represent the conformational change of the UBX domain on its binding to the N domain of p97/VCP. ..
- Park H, Kim S, Choi J, Park J, Ahn S, Han K, et al. Hepatogastric fistula caused by direct invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma after transarterial chemoembolization and radiotherapy. Korean J Hepatol. 2010;16:401-4 pubmed publisher..This represents a case in which an HCC invaded the stomach and caused a hepatogastric fistula after repeated TACE and salvage radiotherapy. ..
- Yi H, Cho H, Cho S, Jo K, Park J, Kim N, et al. Blockade of interleukin-6 receptor suppresses the proliferation of H460 lung cancer stem cells. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:310-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that IL-6R is both a viable target for the development of CSC-directed lung cancer therapeutics and a potential CSC marker in NSCLC. ..
- Kim S, Ryu D. Silver nanoparticle-induced oxidative stress, genotoxicity and apoptosis in cultured cells and animal tissues. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:78-89 pubmed publisher..The physicochemical properties of AgNPs that are involved in encouraging such changes are also discussed. ..
- Shin D, Choi P, Na J, Cho J, Han S. Utility of the Pentax-AWS in performing tracheal intubation while wearing chemical, biological, radiation and nuclear personal protective equipment: a randomised crossover trial using a manikin. Emerg Med J. 2013;30:527-31 pubmed publisher..The AWS should be a promising device to perform tracheal intubation while wearing the CBRN-PPE. ..
- Bae J, Jang J. Comparison of new adenosine diphosphate receptor antagonists with clopidogrel in patients with coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis. Heart Vessels. 2016;31:275-87 pubmed publisher..New agents revealed an improved combined efficacy and safety outcome compared to that of clopidogrel in patients with CAD. ..
- Chan K, Jiao F, Mikulski M, Gerke A, Guo J, Newell J, et al. Novel Logistic Regression Model of Chest CT Attenuation Coefficient Distributions for the Automated Detection of Abnormal (Emphysema or ILD) Versus Normal Lung. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:304-14 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated the potential usefulness of this novel quantitative imaging analysis method in discriminating ILD and/or emphysema from normal lungs. ..
- Cho J. The impact of post-adoption beliefs on the continued use of health apps. Int J Med Inform. 2016;87:75-83 pubmed publisher..This model will be helpful for researchers to further examine health-related technologies, particularly mHealth-oriented ones. ..
- Lee J, Park J, Hwang D, Kim C, Choi K, Rhee T, et al. Similarity and Difference of Resting DistalÂ to Aortic Coronary Pressure andÂ Instantaneous Wave-Free Ratio. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2114-2123 pubmed publisher..Clinical Implication of 3-Vessel Fractional Flow Reserve [3V FFR-FRIENDS]; NCT01621438; andÂ StudyÂ ofÂ theÂ Natural History of FFR Guided Percutaneous Coronary Intervention [IRIS-FFR]; NCT01366404). ..
- Kim Y, Lee H, Yoon J, Kim C, Park M, Kim L, et al. Association of TNF-alpha promoter polymorphisms with the clearance of hepatitis B virus infection. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:2541-6 pubmed..003-0.02). Our findings imply that variations in the genes governing the levels of constitutive and inducible TNF-alpha might be an important factor, which might explain the variable outcome of HBV infection. ..
- Chang H, Kim S, Chung K, Noh D, Kwon Y, Lee E, et al. Tamoxifen-resistant breast cancers show less frequent methylation of the estrogen receptor beta but not the estrogen receptor alpha gene. J Mol Med (Berl). 2005;83:132-9 pubmed..Although the number of case samples was limited, our results support the hypothesis that hypermethylation of the ER beta gene negatively affects the development of tamoxifen resistance. ..
- Gu H, Moon S, Kim J, Ryu H, Kwack K, Kimm K, et al. Identification of a novel HLA-DMB allele (DMB*0107) in the Korean population. Tissue Antigens. 2005;65:393-4 pubmed..These mutations resulted in codon changes at positions 10 (Thr-->Ala), 31 (Asp-->Val) and 53 (Ser-->Asn). ..
- Bae J, Ki C, Kim J, Kim B. Identification of a novel mutation in a Korean patient with oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy. J Clin Neurosci. 2007;14:89-92 pubmed..27_28insGCGGCAGCA] instead of the (GCG) repeat expansion, resulting in an in-frame insertion of three alanines (p.A10insAAA). To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a genetically confirmed case of OPMD in Korea...
- Choi J, Bae S, Hong J, Azam T, Dinarello C, Her E, et al. Identification of the most active interleukin-32 isoform. Immunology. 2009;126:535-42 pubmed publisher..The gamma isoform of IL-32 was the most active, although all isoforms were biologically active. The present study will provide a specific target to neutralize endogenous IL-32, which may contribute to basic and clinical immunology. ..
- Sung C, Jung J, Lee S, Lee K, Ahn B, Choi S, et al. Acute myocardial infarction due to vasospasm induced by prostaglandin. Can J Cardiol. 2009;25:e359-60 pubmed..A case of acute myocardial infarction due to coronary vasospasm induced by PGE is described in the present report. The diagnosis was confirmed by electrocardiography and coronary angiography. ..
- Shin C, Kim N, Lee H, Lee H, Lee S, Park Y, et al. Validation of diagnostic tests for Helicobacter pylori with regard to grade of atrophic gastritis and/or intestinal metaplasia. Helicobacter. 2009;14:512-9 pubmed publisher..pylori infection among individuals without AG or IM and/or younger patients (<40 years). However, a combination of at least two tests is necessary in the clinical setting of AG or IM. ..
- Choi Y, Kim H, Chung H, Hwang J, Shin J, Han I, et al. Syndecan-2 regulates cell migration in colon cancer cells through Tiam1-mediated Rac activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:921-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that syndecan-2 regulates cell migration of colon carcinoma cells through Tiam1-dependent Rac activation in colon cancer cells. ..
- Kim S, Han D, Joo S, Min K. The effect of dopamine partial agonists on the nicotine dependency in patients with schizophrenia. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2010;25:187-90 pubmed publisher..The effects of aripiprazole, a partial agonist of the dopamine D2 receptor, may reduce the severity of nicotine dependence in schizophrenic patients. ..
- Kim Y, Jeon J, Rhee J, Hong J. Change of lip cant after bimaxillary orthognathic surgery. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;68:1106-11 pubmed publisher..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the correlations between lip cant change after bimaxillary orthognathic surgery and the ratio of lip cant change and occlusal cant change after surgery...
- Kim J, Kim Y, Shin S, Park J, Jung I. Tooth discoloration of immature permanent incisor associated with triple antibiotic therapy: a case report. J Endod. 2010;36:1086-91 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the dentin bonding agent reduced the intensity of the discoloration but did not prevent it. The possible esthetic problems with the tooth color should be considered when using minocycline as a canal medication. ..
- Kim S, Song J, Joo E, Lee K, Ahn Y, Kim Y. EGR3 as a potential susceptibility gene for schizophrenia in Korea. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010;153B:1355-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, EGR3 could be suggested as a compelling susceptibility gene in schizophrenia. ..
- Koh K, Park M, Kim B, Im H, Seo J. Restoration of hematopoiesis after iron chelation therapy with deferasirox in 2 children with severe aplastic anemia. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2010;32:611-4 pubmed publisher..Our report raises the possibility of potential benefit on hematopoiesis from iron chelation therapy and warrants furthermore investigations. ..