Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications2014 found, 100 shown here
- Cha I, Park J, Chung W, Choi M, Kim H, Park K. Polymorphisms of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 genes and susceptibility to oral cancer. Yonsei Med J. 2007;48:233-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that individuals with a genotype of CYP1A1 (m2/m2) and GSTM1 (-) are highly susceptible for OSCC and that the CYP1A1 (m2/m2) genotype is closely associated with increased risk of OSCC in Koreans. ..
- Kim S, Rhim S, Lee M, Kim J, Kim H, Lee D, et al. Stage-specific expression of ankyrin and SOCS box protein-4 (Asb-4) during spermatogenesis. Mol Cells. 2008;25:317-21 pubmed..Interestingly, the human homologue of mAsb-4, ASB-4 (hASB-4) was also expressed in human testis. These results suggest that ASB-4 plays pivotal roles in mammalian testis development and spermatogenesis. ..
- Lee B, Choi S, Kim T. Vibrio vulnificus RTX toxin plays an important role in the apoptotic death of human intestinal epithelial cells exposed to Vibrio vulnificus. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:1504-13 pubmed publisher..vulnificus. Taken together, these results indicate that V. vulnificus RtxA toxin induces the apoptotic death through a mitochondria-dependent pathway in human intestinal epithelial cells exposed to V. vulnificus...
- Kim Y, Oh S, Kim S. Released exopolysaccharide (r-EPS) produced from probiotic bacteria reduce biofilm formation of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:324-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these r-EPS could prevent biofilm formation by a wide range of Gram-negative and -positive pathogens. This property may lead to the development of novel food-grade adjuncts for microbial biofilm control. ..
- Kim C, Choi J, Kim H, Callaway Z, Shin B, Kim J, et al. A randomized intervention of montelukast for post-bronchiolitis: effect on eosinophil degranulation. J Pediatr. 2010;156:749-54 pubmed publisher..To investigate the effect of montelukast on eosinophil degranulation and recurrent wheezing episodes in post-respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) bronchiolitis...
- Choi J, Choo E, Huh A, Choi S, Eom J, Lee J, et al. Immunogenicity and safety of diphtheria-tetanus vaccine in adults. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:1727-32 pubmed publisher..No serious adverse event requiring an unscheduled hospital visit occurred. In conclusion, three-doses of Td vaccination to unimmunized adults are safe and effective in inducing protective immunity against diphtheria and tetanus. ..
- Koh D, Ahn H, Chung H, Lee H, Kim Y, Lee J, et al. Inhibitory effects of casticin on migration of eosinophil and expression of chemokines and adhesion molecules in A549 lung epithelial cells via NF-?B inactivation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;136:399-405 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that casticin has the potential for use in the treatment of allergic asthma. ..
- Lim B, Park W, Seo E, Kim K, Hwang Y, Chae J. De novo interstitial deletion of 3q22.3-q25.2 encompassing FOXL2, ATR, ZIC1, and ZIC4 in a patient with blepharophimosis/ptosis/epicanthus inversus syndrome, Dandy-Walker malformation, and global developmental delay. J Child Neurol. 2011;26:615-8 pubmed publisher
- Kim H, Hwang J, Ha E, Park H, Ha M, Lee S, et al. Fruit and vegetable intake influences the association between exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and a marker of oxidative stress in pregnant women. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011;65:1118-25 pubmed publisher..5?mg/day), respectively. These results suggest that an adequate maternal intake of fruit, vegetables and vitamin C is beneficial to the defense against the oxidative stress associated with exposure to PAHs in pregnant women. ..
- Lee C, Chung K, Kim T, Choi K, Choi Y, Chung N, et al. Trials for the co-expression of the merozoite surface protein-1 and circumsporozoite protein genes of Plasmodium vivax. Exp Parasitol. 2011;129:227-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the E. coli-expressed MLC chimeric recombinant protein might be used as a valuable vaccine candidate for oral immunization against vivax malaria. ..
- Kim C, Kim H, Jung M, Lee J, Park J, Lee D, et al. Cutaneous mastocytosis associated with congenital alopecia. Am J Dermatopathol. 2012;34:529-32 pubmed publisher..This case showed an atypical clinical presentation of congenital alopecia areata, but histopathological results confirmed the diagnosis of cutaneous mastocytosis...
- Kwon H, Lee S, Kim S, Lee J, Jee Y, Kang H, et al. Spontaneously reported hepatic adverse drug events in Korea: multicenter study. J Korean Med Sci. 2012;27:268-73 pubmed publisher..Careful monitoring for such reactions is needed for the prescription of these drugs. ..
- Lee G, Lee M, Yoon Y, Kang J, Pyo S, Moon E. Protein kinase C stimulates human B cell activating factor gene expression through reactive oxygen species-dependent c-Fos in THP-1 pro-monocytic cells. Cytokine. 2012;59:115-23 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that hBAFF expression could be regulated by promoter activation through c-Fos association, which might be dependent on PMA-induced ROS production. ..
- Koo D, Hong S, Joo E. Acoustic characteristic of catathrenia and snoring: different subtypes of catathrenia. Sleep Med. 2012;13:961-4 pubmed publisher..Not infrequently, catathrenia has been confused with expiratory snoring. We aimed to clarify the subtypes of catathrenia and differentiate them from snoring using sound analyses...
- Hwang K, Park C, Jang S, Chi H, Huh J, Lee J, et al. Immunohistochemical analysis of CD123, CD56 and CD4 for the diagnosis of minimal bone marrow involvement by blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm. Histopathology. 2013;62:764-70 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we highly recommend immunohistochemical analyses for CD123, CD56 and CD4 in BPDCN patients, particularly in cases where the initial BM study indicates normal morphology. ..
- Shin S, Cho Y, Jun H, Park H, Hong H, Kwon T. Transglutaminase type 2 in human abdominal aortic aneurysm is a potential factor in the stabilization of extracellular matrix. J Vasc Surg. 2013;57:1362-70 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that TG2 has a potential effect in stabilization of extracellular matrix by inhibition of proinflammatory cytokines and MMPs or by interaction with fibronectin and transforming growth factor-?. ..
- Hwang I, Oh S, Jang H, Jo E, Joo J, Lee K, et al. Cordycepin promotes apoptosis in renal carcinoma cells by activating the MKK7-JNK signaling pathway through inhibition of c-FLIPL expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186489 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results indicate that cordycepin inhibits TNF-?-mediated NF-?B/GADD45B signaling, which activates the MKK7-JNK signaling pathway through inhibition of c-FLIPL expression, thus inducing TK-10 cell apoptosis...
- Choi Y, Eom Y, Song J, Kim H. Influence of corneal power on intraocular lens power of the second eye in the SRK/T formula in bilateral cataract surgery. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:261 pubmed publisher..6 D or less than 42.8 D, an approximately 70-80% adjustment of the first eye error should be considered. In contrast, for K values between 42.8 D and 44.6 D, a 30% or less adjustment should be considered in the SRK/T formula. ..
- Kim S, Park Y, Chung K. Severe anterior open bite malocclusion with multiple odontoma treated by C-lingual retractor and horseshoe mechanics. Angle Orthod. 2003;73:206-12 pubmed..The treatment result was maintained six months after debonding. Details of the new appliance, clinical procedures, and treatment changes are presented...
- Park E, Hong S, Choi J, Lee M, Kang H. Glomangiomatosis: magnetic resonance imaging findings in three cases. Skeletal Radiol. 2005;34:108-11 pubmed..We report on three cases of glomangiomatosis in the foot, and describe their MR findings and review previous case reports on this subject...
- Oh B, Kim Y, Park C, Park Y. Up-regulation of telomere-binding proteins, TRF1, TRF2, and TIN2 is related to telomere shortening during human multistep hepatocarcinogenesis. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:73-80 pubmed..001). This was more evident in DNs and DNs with HCC foci. In conclusion, TRF1, TRF2, and TIN2 might be involved in multistep hepatocarcinogenesis by playing crucial roles in telomere shortening. ..
- Rhim J, Jang I, Yeo E, Song K, Park S. Role of protein kinase C-dependent A-kinase anchoring proteins in lysophosphatidic acid-induced cAMP signaling in human diploid fibroblasts. Aging Cell. 2006;5:451-61 pubmed
- Lee Y, Cho S, Seo J, Shin B, Kim H, Kim I, et al. Correlated expression of erbB-3 with hormone receptor expression and favorable clinical outcome in invasive ductal carcinomas of the breast. Am J Clin Pathol. 2007;128:1041-9 pubmed..In an era of personalized targeted therapy, erbB-3 expression and its coexpressive pattern with other EGFR family members could be an important determinant for therapeutic plans for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Chung S, Kim M, Youn B, Lee N, Park J, Lee I, et al. Glutathione peroxidase 3 mediates the antioxidant effect of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma in human skeletal muscle cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:20-30 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the antioxidant effect of PPARgamma is exclusively mediated by GPx3 and further imply that GPx3 may be a therapeutic target for insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus. ..
- Yeo N, Jang Y. Rhinoplasty to correct nasal deformities in postseptoplasty patients. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2009;23:540-5 pubmed publisher..This study was designed to examine various causes and effective techniques of rhinoplasty for correction of nasal deformities after septoplasty...
- Kwak K, Kim S, Lee H. The utility of fluorescence in situ hybridization for detection of bladder urothelial carcinoma in routine clinical practice. J Korean Med Sci. 2009;24:1139-44 pubmed publisher..FISH is a significant additional and complementary method for detection of BUC in patients who have suspicious lesions on cystoscopy. ..
- Lee H, Cha K, Hwang S, Kim J, Kim G. In vitro screening system for hepatotoxicity: comparison of bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells and Placenta-derived stem cells. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:49-58 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the naïve PDSCs expressing ABCGs can be used as a source for in vitro screening system as well as the expression patterns of ABCG1 and ABCG2 might be involved in the sensitivity of PDSCs to hepatotoxicants. ..
- Kim D, Kim K, Kim J, Lee K, Seo S. Negative regulation of neuronal cell differentiation by INHAT subunit SET/TAF-I?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:419-25 pubmed publisher..The results of this study show that the knockdown of SET/TAF-I? by si-RNA induces neuronal cell differentiation, thus implicating SET/TAF-I? as a negative regulator of neuronal development. ..
- Kim S, Kim M, Um J, Hong S. The beneficial effect of vanillic acid on ulcerative colitis. Molecules. 2010;15:7208-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that vanillic acid has a beneficial effect on DSS-induced ulcerative colitis, thereby indicating its usefulness in the regulation of chronic intestinal inflammation. ..
- Park C, Goo J, Lee H, Kim K, Kang M, Shin Y. Persistent pure ground-glass nodules in the lung: interscan variability of semiautomated volume and attenuation measurements. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;195:W408-14 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this article is to assess the interscan variability of semiautomated volume and attenuation measurements for pulmonary persistent pure ground-glass nodules...
- Beck S, Jin X, Sohn Y, Kim J, Kim S, Yin J, et al. Telomerase activity-independent function of TERT allows glioma cells to attain cancer stem cell characteristics by inducing EGFR expression. Mol Cells. 2011;31:9-15 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that TERT plays a crucial role in tumor progression by promoting cancer stemness through expression of EGFR. ..
- Kim T, Lee J, Hwang T, Kang C, Choi Y. Hedgehog signaling protein expression and its association with prognostic parameters in prostate cancer: a retrospective study from the view point of new 2010 anatomic stage/prognostic groups. J Surg Oncol. 2011;104:472-9 pubmed publisher..Hh signaling activity is significantly associated with worse prognostic parameters. Shh can be regarded as a poor prognostic factor for PSA recurrence. ..
- Shin Y, Ko C, Ryu W. Hydrophobic residues of terminal protein domain of hepatitis B virus polymerase contribute to distinct steps in viral genome replication. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3964-8 pubmed publisher..e., W74, Y147, and Y173) contribute to distinct steps of viral genome replication: the former two residues are important for viral DNA synthesis, while the latter is important for viral RNA encapsidation. ..
- Yang I, Moon B, Lee S, Ahn S. Skeletal differences in patients with temporomandibular joint disc displacement according to sagittal jaw relationship. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012;70:e349-60 pubmed publisher..The present study was designed to analyze the skeletal differences in patients with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disc displacement (DD), according to the sagittal jaw relationship...
- Bae Y, Moon K, Kim T, Jang Y, Lee Y, Park C, et al. The role of nitrosative stress in the pathogenesis of unexplained chronic cough with cough hypersensitivity. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2012;26:e10-4 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that nitrosative stress in the upper airway might play a role in cough hypersensitivity by causing neurochemical abnormalities...
- Jun D, Tak W, Bae S, Lee Y. Recent trends in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C. Korean J Hepatol. 2012;18:22-8 pubmed publisher..In this article, we reviewed the factors affecting treatment, response guided treatment, retreatment after failure of standard treatment, management of adverse events during treatment, and new treatment options. ..
- Wei C, Ryu S. Homophilic interaction of the L1 family of cell adhesion molecules. Exp Mol Med. 2012;44:413-23 pubmed publisher..Understanding structural mechanisms of homophilic interactions in various cell adhesion proteins should aid the development of therapeutic strategies for L1 family cell adhesion molecule-associated diseases. ..
- Ghang M, Kim H, You J, Kim B, Choi J, Kim S, et al. Three-dimensional mandibular change after sagittal split ramus osteotomy with a semirigid sliding plate system for fixation of a mandibular setback surgery. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013;115:157-66 pubmed publisher..The sliding plate was designed to adjust the spatial relationship between the proximal and distal segments during the postoperative period. This plate was used for mandibular setback surgery to minimize forward early relapse...
- Kam T, Song S, Gwon Y, Park H, Yan J, Im I, et al. Fc?RIIb mediates amyloid-? neurotoxicity and memory impairment in Alzheimer's disease. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2791-802 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Fc?RIIb has an aberrant, but essential, role in A?-mediated neuronal dysfunction. ..
- Bae E, Cha R, Kim Y, An J, Kim D, Yoo K, et al. Circulating TNF receptors predict cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6666 pubmed publisher..cTNFR1 and 2 are associated with CVD and other risk factors in CKD, independently of eGFR and UPCR. Furthermore, cTNFRs could be relevant predictors of CVD in CKD patients. ..
- Jang H, Lee N. Patient safety competency and educational needs of nursing educators in South Korea. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183536 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the findings have revealed the importance of effective communication between clinical and academic settings in making patient safety education seamless. ..
- Im S, Oh C, Kwon O, Cho B, Chung Y, Han D. Involuntary movement induced by cerebral ischemia: pathogenesis and surgical outcome. J Neurosurg. 2004;100:877-82 pubmed..Direct and indirect bypass surgery can be used effectively to treat involuntary movements in patients with cerebral ischemic diseases such as MMD and in those with stenosis of an intracranial major artery. ..
- Jeun S, Kim J, Kim B, Park S, Lim E, Choi G, et al. Acupuncture stimulation for motor cortex activities: a 3T fMRI study. Am J Chin Med. 2005;33:573-8 pubmed..The present findings may shed light on the CNS mechanism of motor function by acupuncture, and form a basis for future investigations of motor modulation circuits in stroke patients. ..
- Keum K, Suh Y, Koom W, Cho J, Shim S, Lee C, et al. The role of postoperative external-beam radiotherapy in the management of patients with papillary thyroid cancer invading the trachea. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006;65:474-80 pubmed..External-beam radiotherapy was found to be effective, particularly in patients with thyroid cancer invading the trachea with microscopic or gross residuum after conservative surgery. ..
- Kim Y, Lee Y, Kim S, Yeom J, Yeom S, Seok Kim B, et al. The role of periplasmic antioxidant enzymes (superoxide dismutase and thiol peroxidase) of the Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 in the formation of biofilms. Proteomics. 2006;6:6181-93 pubmed..These results also suggest that these biofilms are physiologically heterogeneous and that oxidative stress defenses in both the exponential and stationary growth stages play important roles in the formation of STEC biofilms. ..
- Yang H, Cho E, Han K, Kim H, Kim S. Characterization of a novel mouse brain gene (mbu-1) identified by digital differential display. Gene. 2007;395:144-50 pubmed
- Hong S, Kim C, Lee J, Seong G. Immunohistochemical localization of 2-Cys peroxiredoxins in human ciliary body. Tissue Cell. 2007;39:365-8 pubmed..It suggests that 2-Cys PRDXs may have physiological functions to protect cells in human ciliary body. ..
- Gu J, Lim S, Park Y, Jung G. A novel splice variant of occludin deleted in exon 9 and its role in cell apoptosis and invasion. FEBS J. 2008;275:3145-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed that occludin mediates apoptosis and invasion by elevating the cytoplasmic calcium concentration and that exon 9 of occludin is an important region that mediates these effects. ..
- Kwon S, Nam J, Kim S, Kim J, Yoon J, Kim K. Kaempferol and quercetin, essential ingredients in Ginkgo biloba extract, inhibit interleukin-1beta-induced MUC5AC gene expression in human airway epithelial cells. Phytother Res. 2009;23:1708-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the data suggested that KP and QC, essential ingredients in GBE, may overcome the dose problem of GBE and play a valuable role, clinically, in controlling mucin hypersecretion in airway inflammation. ..
- Kim H, Chun S, Ku S, Suh C, Choi Y, Kim J. Association between polymorphisms in tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and TNF receptor genes and circulating TNF, soluble TNF receptor levels, and bone mineral density in postmenopausal Korean women. Menopause. 2009;16:1014-20 pubmed publisher..The TNFRII T676G polymorphism also affected the serum sTNFRI levels. ..
- Lee M, Lyoo C, Ryu Y, Lim H, Nam C, Kim H, et al. The effect of age on motor deficits and cerebral glucose metabolism of Parkinson's disease. Acta Neurol Scand. 2011;124:196-201 pubmed publisher..In PD, widespread age-related decline in cerebral function may exaggerate the deterioration associated with bradykinesia and the axial motor deficits associated with nigral neuronal loss. ..
- Kim E, Chang H. The effects of a single bolus of remifentanil on corrected QT interval change during sevoflurane induction. Yonsei Med J. 2011;52:333-8 pubmed publisher..MAP and HR were significantly higher in the placebo group (p < 0.001). A single bolus of remifentanil is safe method to attenuate prolonged QTc associated with insertion of LMA. ..
- Park S, Kim M, Roh S, Bae J. Blautia stercoris sp. nov., isolated from human faeces. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:776-9 pubmed publisher..6 mol%. Based on phenotypic, genotypic and phylogenetic evidence, strain GAM6-1T (=KCTC 5981T=JCM 17204T) is considered to represent a novel species, for which the name Blautia stercoris sp. nov. is proposed. ..
- Kwon S, Yi H, Eichelbaum K, Föhr S, Fischer B, You K, et al. The RNA-binding protein repertoire of embryonic stem cells. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1122-30 pubmed publisher..Our study confirms and expands the atlas of RBPs, providing a useful resource for the study of the RNA-RBP network in stem cells. ..
- Kim B, Won C, Lee Y, Choi J, Noh K, Han S, et al. Sophoraflavanone G induces apoptosis of human cancer cells by targeting upstream signals of STATs. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:950-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that sophoraflavanone G is a novel small-molecule inhibitor of STAT signaling by targeting upstream signals of STATs that may have therapeutic potential for cancers caused by persistently activated STAT proteins. ..
- Kim S. Simultaneous primary pleomorphic adenoma in parotid gland and minor salivary gland in the parapharyngeal space. J Laryngol Otol. 2001;115:829-30 pubmed..Most of them are in the major salivary glands. The author reports the first case of simultaneous pleomorphic adenomas in the parotid gland and minor salivary gland at the parapharyngeal space. ..
- Song Y, Kang J, Park M. Fallopian tube prolapse misdiagnosed as vault granulation tissue: a report of three cases. Pathol Res Pract. 2005;201:819-22 pubmed..It is necessary to receive a pathologic confirmation by performing vaginal biopsy when fallopian tube prolapse is clinically suspected, thus preventing misdiagnosis...
- Byun M, Choi J, Jue D. Cysteine-179 of IkappaB kinase beta plays a critical role in enzyme activation by promoting phosphorylation of activation loop serines. Exp Mol Med. 2006;38:546-52 pubmed..Our results suggest that Cys-179 of IKKbeta plays a critical role in enzyme activation by promoting phosphorylation of activation-loop serines and interaction with ATP. ..
- Chang S, Shon W, Lee W, Kum K, Baek S, Bae K. Analysis of heavy metal contents in gray and white MTA and 2 kinds of Portland cement: a preliminary study. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010;109:642-6 pubmed publisher..05). GMTA and WMTA had higher purity than GPC and WPC (P < .05), particularly when arsenic content was considered. If a clinician is considering using Portland cement versus MTA, the differences in purity may be considered. ..
- Lee Y, Heo J, Kim T, Kang H, Kim G, Kim J, et al. Significance of cell cycle regulatory proteins as malignant and prognostic biomarkers in ovarian epithelial tumors. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2011;30:205-17 pubmed publisher..Low p16(Ink4a) expression, overexpression of p53, cytoplasmic p27(Kip1), and Cyclin A are predictive markers for shorter overall survival in ovarian carcinomas. ..
- Lee Y, Lim Y, Shin J, Kim K. A case report of type VI dual left anterior descending coronary artery anomaly presenting with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2012;12:101 pubmed publisher..With accurate understanding of the coronary anatomy and appropriate hardware selection, successful PCI can be performed in the in the long LAD in patients with type VI dual LAD anomaly. ..
- Joo Y, Park S, Jung S, Lee Y, Nam I, Cho K, et al. Recurrent loss of the FHIT gene and its impact on lymphatic metastasis in early oral squamous cell carcinoma. Acta Otolaryngol. 2013;133:992-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that copy number loss of FHIT is associated with lymph node metastasis (LNM) and suggest that the down-regulation of Fhit indicates poor prognosis in early oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC)...
- Oh D, Park D, Cho M, Nam K, Song T, Lee S, et al. Feasibility and safety of a fully covered self-expandable metal stent with antimigration properties for EUS-guided pancreatic duct drainage: early and midterm outcomes (with video). Gastrointest Endosc. 2016;83:366-73.e2 pubmed publisher..Further randomized trials comparing EUS-PD with long-term FCSEMS and plastic stents for patients with painful obstructive pancreatitis after failed ERCP should be encouraged. ..
- Kim S, Lee J, Jeon M, Lee J, Nam S. Zerumbone suppresses the motility and tumorigenecity of triple negative breast cancer cells via the inhibition of TGF-Î²1 signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1544-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that ZER may act as a promising drug for treatment of TNBC. ..
- Lee S, Kwon J, Song S, Kim G, Park J, Kim B, et al. Prenatal prediction of neonatal death in single ventricle congenital heart disease. Prenat Diagn. 2016;36:346-52 pubmed publisher..The presence of either abnormal prenatal ultrasound findings or increased cord blood NT pro-BNP and cTnT concentrations was associated with the risk of neonatal death in single ventricle congenital heart disease. ..
- Chung H, Song E, Yoon J, Suh D, Lee S, Kim Y, et al. Association of human leukocyte antigen with postherpetic neuralgia in Koreans. APMIS. 2016;124:865-71 pubmed publisher..043; PHN vs HZ, p = 0.012). The results suggest that HLA-B*44:03 or other closely linked gene of the major histocompatibility complex is associated with susceptibility to the development of PHN after HZ, but not with the onset of HZ. ..
- Shin D, Jeon J, Kim C, Cho S, Kwon J, Lee H, et al. Cell type-specific activation of intracellular transglutaminase 2 by oxidative stress or ultraviolet irradiation: implications of transglutaminase 2 in age-related cataractogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15032-9 pubmed..Thus, our findings indicate that in situ TGase 2 activity must be evaluated instead of in vitro activity to study the regulation mechanism and function of TGase 2 in biological and pathological processes. ..
- Song J, Cha J, Lee J, Roe J. Glutathione reductase and a mitochondrial thioredoxin play overlapping roles in maintaining iron-sulfur enzymes in fission yeast. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:1857-65 pubmed..These results indicate that the essentiality of GR in the aerobic growth of S. pombe is derived from its role in maintaining oxidation-labile Fe-S enzymes and iron homeostasis. ..
- Choi J, Lee J, Kim A, Kim C, Chae Y, Kim I. Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma arising in the dura mater of the spine. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006;130:1718-21 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first case of follicular dendritic cell sarcoma occurring in the dura mater of the spine. ..
- Kim Y, Chang S, Kim Y, Kim E, Yun S, Kim K, et al. Clinical outcomes in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus-colonized neonates in the neonatal intensive care unit. Neonatology. 2007;91:241-7 pubmed..A significant percentage failed to decolonize prior to hospital discharge, but almost all decolonized by 30 months in the community without evidence of systemic or local infections. ..
- Lim C, Kim S, Oh Y, Joo K, Kim Y, Han J, et al. Megsin 2093T-2180C haplotype at the 3' untranslated region is associated with poor renal survival in Korean IgA nephropathy patients. Clin Nephrol. 2008;70:101-9 pubmed..This is the reverse of the results from the Chinese IgAN patients. Further studies are strongly needed to elucidate the reasons of disparity. ..
- Hwang E, Lee J, Jeong J, Park J, Yang Y, Lim J, et al. SUMOylation of RORalpha potentiates transcriptional activation function. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:513-7 pubmed publisher..SUMOylation-defective mutant form of RORalpha exhibited decreased transcriptional activity on RORalpha-responsive promoters indicating that SUMOylation may positively regulate transcriptional function of RORalpha. ..
- Hyun J, Kim H, Kim J, Lim M, Jung J, Park S, et al. Correlation between plasma activity of ADAMTS-13 and coagulopathy, and prognosis in disseminated intravascular coagulation. Thromb Res. 2009;124:75-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ADAMTS-13 activity is strongly correlated with the severity of coagulopathy and hospital mortality. ADAMTS-13 may serve as a diagnostic and prognostic marker of DIC. ..
- Park Y, Choi J, Yong D, Lee K, Kim J. Clinical features and prognostic factors of anaerobic infections: a 7-year retrospective study. Korean J Intern Med. 2009;24:13-8 pubmed publisher..005) were significant in multivariate analysis. Anaerobic infection is polymicrobial and has a significant role in morbidity and mortality. Underlying liver disease was associated with poor prognosis in anaerobic infection. ..
- Chung H, Lee H, Lamoke F, Hrushesky W, Wood P, Jahng W. Neuroprotective role of erythropoietin by antiapoptosis in the retina. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2365-74 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support the premise that EPO and its EPOR interactions represent an important retinal shield from physiologic and pathologic light-induced oxidative injury. ..
- Lee Y, Kim T, Kim C, Kang H, Choi C, Lee J, et al. Single-port access laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy: a novel method with a wound retractor and a glove. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009;16:450-3 pubmed publisher..00, = .04, respectively). The SPA-LAVH was safe and effective, and the procedure could be learned over a short period of time. Additional experience and continued investigation are warranted. ..
- Lee Y, Lee J, Shin Y, Kim J, Lee H, Lee D. Gender difference and determinants of C-reactive protein level in Korean adults. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2009;47:863-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ethnicity and gender specific cut-off thresholds for CRP concentrations should be taken into consideration in CVD risk assessment. ..
- Baek Y, Chang E, Kim Y, Kim B, Sohn J, Park D. Stool methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction assay for the detection of colorectal neoplasia in Korean patients. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009;52:1452-9; discussion 1459-63 pubmed publisher..This method of screening for colorectal cancer may be useful for patients that decline screening because of fear or inconvenience. ..
- Kim J, Lee Y, Lee Y, Kang H, Lee J, Kim H. Clinical characteristics of patients with non-specific and non-categorized mitochondrial diseases. Acta Paediatr. 2009;98:1825-9 pubmed publisher..But, comparatively, more patients presented with unremarkable birth histories and normal brain MRI findings. ..
- Lee S, Ho J, Yoon S, Kang G, Hwang S, Um H. Peroxiredoxin 6 promotes lung cancer cell invasion by inducing urokinase-type plasminogen activator via p38 kinase, phosphoinositide 3-kinase, and Akt. Mol Cells. 2009;28:583-8 pubmed publisher..Functional studies reveal that these components support Prx 6-induced invasion in the sequence p38 kinase/PI3K, Akt, and uPA. The findings provide a new understanding of the action of Prx 6 in cancer. ..
- Jung J, Lee S, Seo M, Park S, Kurtz A, Kang S, et al. Histone deacetylase controls adult stem cell aging by balancing the expression of polycomb genes and jumonji domain containing 3. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1165-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HDAC activity might be important for MSC self-renewal by balancing PcGs and JMJD3 expression, which govern cellular senescence by p16(INK4A) regulation. ..
- Moon D, Lee D, Lee S, Song S, Yoon D, Yoon M, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of pregabalin using a flexible, optimized dose schedule in Korean patients with peripheral neuropathic pain: a 10-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study. Clin Ther. 2010;32:2370-85 pubmed publisher
- Bayome M, Sameshima G, Kim Y, Nojima K, Baek S, Kook Y. Comparison of arch forms between Egyptian and North American white populations. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2011;139:e245-52 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the morphologic differences in the mandibular arches of Egyptian and North American white subjects...
- Kim Y, Kim J, Koh H. Improvement of photoreceptor integrity and associated visual outcome in neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol. 2012;154:164-173.e1 pubmed publisher..Assessing the change of the photoreceptor integrity before and after treatment would be a useful indicator to predict initial response to treatment and visual prognosis in patients with neovascular AMD. ..
- Kim J, Sae Kim M, Ju Jang H, Ho Park K, Caprioli J. The association between retinal vessel diameter and retinal nerve fiber layer thickness in asymmetric normal tension glaucoma patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:5609-14 pubmed publisher..Our results show that narrower retinal vessels are found in areas of RNFL defects. Considering previous reports and our analysis, this is likely due to the decreased demand for retinal blood flow in damaged areas of the retina. ..
- Choi K, Kwon I, Ahn H. Self-assembled amphiphilic DNA-cholesterol/DNA-peptide hybrid duplexes with liposome-like structure for doxorubicin delivery. Biomaterials. 2013;34:4183-4190 pubmed publisher..These results provide an alternative approach to specifically delivering doxorubicin into targeted cells for cancer therapy as well as controlling drug release under the acidic conditions such as endosomes or lysosomes. ..
- Hwang E, Chung S, Cho J, Song M, Kim S, Kim J. Effects of a brief Qigong-based stress reduction program (BQSRP) in a distressed Korean population: a randomized trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:113 pubmed publisher..05). Salivary cortisol levels were not changed. The BQSRP appears to be effective in reducing stress perception, anxiety, anger, and improving quality of life (KCT0000056). ..