Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications2267 found, 100 shown here
- Kim J, Mai S, Carrilho M, Yiu C, Pashley D, Tay F. An all-in-one adhesive does not etch beyond hybrid layers. J Dent Res. 2010;89:482-7 pubmed publisher..These findings were also confirmed by the results of biomimetic remineralization along the bases of those hybrid layers. ..
- Lee C, Kang S, Park D, Lee S, Kim Y, Kim J, et al. Intravascular ultrasound findings in patients with very late stent thrombosis after either drug-eluting or bare-metal stent implantation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;55:1936-42 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that different biological mechanisms underlie VLST development depending upon the stent type. ..
- Kim S, Kim H, Oh S, Yang H, Kim M, Jo S, et al. Low iPTH can predict vascular and coronary calcifications in patients undergoing peritoneal dialysis. Nephron Clin Pract. 2011;117:c113-9 pubmed publisher..VCs determined by simple X-ray can further predict the coexistence of CACs that ultimately might contribute to increased cardiovascular risk in PD patients. ..
- Ahn J, Woo S, Chung H, Park K. The effect of adjunctive intravitreal bevacizumab for preventing postvitrectomy hemorrhage in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:2218-26 pubmed publisher..To assess the effects of preoperative and intraoperative intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) injection on the incidence of postoperative vitreous hemorrhage (VH) after vitrectomy for proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)...
- Hong S, Kim J, Hwang J, Shin K, Kang S. Heptachlor induced mitochondria-mediated cell death via impairing electron transport chain complex III. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;437:632-6 pubmed publisher..Subsequently, mitochondria-mediated, caspase-dependent apoptosis followed. Our results raise a possibility that an organochlorine pesticide heptachlor can act as a neurotoxicant associated with PD. ..
- Heo J, Lim C, Kim Y, Cho H, Lee Y, Maeng J, et al. Fluorogenic nanoreactor assembly with boosted sensing kinetics for timely imaging of cellular hydrogen peroxide. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:1131-4 pubmed publisher..Here, we have developed a nanoreactor co-incorporated with a H2O2-responsive fluorogenic molecule and a catalytic additive. The fast sensing kinetics allows us to visualize a subcellular response in real-time. ..
- Ye B, Lee W, Ham J, Lee J, Lee P, Sohn Y. Does serum uric acid act as a modulator of cerebrospinal fluid Alzheimer's disease biomarker related cognitive decline?. Eur J Neurol. 2016;23:948-57 pubmed publisher..Higher levels of uric acid had protective effects on longitudinal cognitive decline independent of and interactively with CSF AD biomarkers. ..
- Sunwoo J, Byun J, Moon J, Lim J, Kim T, Lee S, et al. Unfavorable surgical outcomes in partial epilepsy with secondary bilateral synchrony: Intracranial electroencephalography study. Epilepsy Res. 2016;122:102-9 pubmed publisher..Poor localization and rapid spread of ictal onset were prominent in intracranial EEG, which might contribute to incomplete resection of the epileptogenic zone and poor surgical outcomes. ..
- Lee S, Park S, Kwon H, Lee C, Kim O, Rhee Y. Identification of the Mutations in the Prostaglandin Transporter Gene, SLCO2A1 and Clinical Characterization in Korean Patients with Pachydermoperiostosis. J Korean Med Sci. 2016;31:735-42 pubmed publisher..Our study further supports the role of mutations in the SLCO2A1 gene in the pathogenesis of PDP and could provide additional clues to the genotype-phenotype relations of PDP. ..
- Lee W, Suh J, Kim S, Oh E, Oh K, Baek K, et al. Circulating IL-8 and IL-10 in euthyroid sick syndromes following bone marrow transplantation. J Korean Med Sci. 2002;17:755-60 pubmed..In conclusion, ESS developed frequently following allogeneic BMT and cytokine levels were increased in post-BMT patients. However, no significant correlation was found between serum thyroid hormone parameters and these cytokines...
- Kang S, Bae J, Park H, Yoon D, Moon D, Kim J, et al. Prostate-specific antigen adjusted for the transition zone volume as a second screening test: a prospective study of 248 cases. Int J Urol. 2006;13:910-4 pubmed..0-10.0 ng/mL. It can be used as a second screening test to reduce unnecessary biopsy. ..
- Lee T, Park D, Park J, Lee S, Chung I, Kim H, et al. Aortoduodenal fistula and aortic aneurysm secondary to biliary stent-induced retroperitoneal perforation. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:3095-7 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report describing a lethal complication of a bleeding, aortoduodenal fistula and caused by biliary metallic stent-induced perforation. ..
- Park E, Rha D, Yoo J, Kim S, Chang W, Song S. Short-term effects of combined serial casting and botulinum toxin injection for spastic equinus in ambulatory children with cerebral palsy. Yonsei Med J. 2010;51:579-84 pubmed publisher..The results of our study suggest that a serial casting application after BTX-A injection can enhance the benefits of BTX-A injection in children with cerebral palsy. ..
- Kim Y, Yun S, Na J, Tchah H, Jung J, Sung K. Glaucoma progression in eyes with a history of refractive corneal surgery. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4485-9 pubmed publisher..193, 1.099, P < 0.001, P < 0.001, respectively). Baseline VF PSD and age substantially affected glaucoma progression in all study participants, although their RCS history was not a significant risk factor for glaucoma progression. ..
- Song M, Lee C, Kim J, Lee S, Kim C, Hur S, et al. Association of KIR genes and HLA-C alleles with HPV-related uterine cervical disease in Korean women. Tissue Antigens. 2013;81:164-70 pubmed publisher..HLA-C*0303 was found to confer susceptibility to HPV-related cervical disease, whereas HLA-C*01 was found to confer a protective effect against HPV-related cervical disease. ..
- Kim E, Yang J, Kim H, An Y, Lim E, Lee G, et al. Hyaluronic acid receptor-targetable imidazolized nanovectors for induction of gastric cancer cell death by RNA interference. Biomaterials. 2013;34:4327-38 pubmed publisher..These nanovectors may be highly efficient gene delivery tools that allow the selective destruction of metastatic gastric cancer cells. ..
- Cha M, Lee H, Lee K, Jeong J, Han J, Shim Y, et al. Micropapillary and solid subtypes of invasive lung adenocarcinoma: clinical predictors of histopathology and outcome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;147:921-928.e2 pubmed publisher..5 cm, pure solid type, and maximal standardized uptake value of ≥7, which were predictors for poor DFS. The presence of the micropapillary subtype was a single prognostic factor for OS. ..
- Lee S, Chung T, Kim Y. Evaluation of CSF motion in syringomyelia with spatial modulation of magnetization (SPAMM). Yonsei Med J. 2002;43:37-42 pubmed..The degree of band shift in syrinx was well correlated with the degree of shrinkage in size of syrinx after operation. Evaluation of syringomyelia by SPAMM technique can predict postsurgical outcome after decompress surgery. ..
- Kim M, Kim G, Romero R, Shim S, Kim E, Yoon B. Biovar diversity of Ureaplasma urealyticum in amniotic fluid: distribution, intrauterine inflammatory response and pregnancy outcomes. J Perinat Med. 2003;31:146-52 pubmed
- Heo M, An B, Lee S, Choi S. Use of advanced imaging modalities for the differential diagnosis of pathoses mimicking temporomandibular disorders. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2003;96:630-8 pubmed..Furthermore, in addition to usual TMD treatment procedures, an advanced radiologic examination should be performed to aid in the differential diagnosis of all patients with unceasing pain and mouth-opening limitation. ..
- Kim J, Park J, Chung W, Choi M, Cho K, Park K. Polymorphisms in genes coding for enzymes metabolizing smoking-derived substances and the risk of periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2004;31:959-64 pubmed..3, 95% CI=0.6-2.5). These results suggest that the GSTM1 and CYP1A1 polymorphisms may play an important role in risk for periodontitis. ..
- Bae M, Jeong J, Kim S, Kim S, Kang H, Kim D, et al. Tid-1 interacts with the von Hippel-Lindau protein and modulates angiogenesis by destabilization of HIF-1alpha. Cancer Res. 2005;65:2520-5 pubmed..These findings propose that Tid-1(L) may play a critical role in pVHL-mediated tumor suppression by modulating the pVHL-dependent HIF-1alpha stability. ..
- Kim H, Jo Y, Lee J, Lee S, Yoon K. The C1772T genetic polymorphism in human HIF-1alpha gene associates with expression of HIF-1alpha protein in breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:1181-7 pubmed
- Kim J, Kay C, Kim Y, Jang J, Bae S, Choi J, et al. Helical tomotherapy for simultaneous multitarget radiotherapy for pulmonary metastasis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;75:703-10 pubmed publisher..Tomotherapy could be offered to patients as a safe and effective treatment in select patients with lung metastases. However, large-scale, prospective clinical trials should be done to confirm our results. ..
- Youm Y, Mackesy Amiti M, Williams C, Ouellet L. Identifying hidden sexual bridging communities in Chicago. J Urban Health. 2009;86 Suppl 1:107-20 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that further research on this method is warranted, and we propose a means for public health officials in other cities to duplicate the analysis. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Baek Y, Ok S, Kim S. Comparison of ramosetron with ondansetron for prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing gynaecological surgery. Br J Anaesth. 2009;103:549-53 pubmed publisher..Ramosetron 0.3 mg i.v. was as effective as ondansetron 8 mg i.v. in decreasing the incidence of PONV and reducing nausea severity in female patients during the first 24 h after gynaecological surgery. ..
- Park U, Han H, Um E, An X, Kim E, Um S. Redox regulation of transcriptional activity of retinoic acid receptor by thioredoxin glutathione reductase (TGR). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:241-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that the redox regulation function of TGR protects the DNA-binding activity of RAR against cellular ROS damage. ..
- Chung J, Oh S, Shin Y. Association of glutathione-S-transferase polymorphisms with atopic dermatitis risk in preschool age children. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2009;47:1475-81 pubmed publisher..03). Our study suggests that the GSTP1 Val105 allele is an important determinant of susceptibility to AD in preschool age children and increased oxidative stress may play a role in the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Eun S, Jeon Y, Jang J. Hepatocellular carcinoma with immature T-cell (T-lymphoblastic) proliferation. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:309-12 pubmed publisher..This is the second case of hepatocellular carcinoma combined with indolent T-lymphoblastic proliferation identified by an unusual tumor infiltrating lymphocytes. ..
- Chae E, Seo J, Lee J, Kim N, Goo H, Lee H, et al. Xenon ventilation imaging using dual-energy computed tomography in asthmatics: initial experience. Invest Radiol. 2010;45:354-61 pubmed publisher..The ventilation defects appeared on xenon ventilation CT in asthmatics with more severe airflow limitation and airway wall thickening. The extent of the ventilation defects showed correlations with parameters of pulmonary function test. ..
- Shim H, Quan X, Yi Y, Jung G. Heat shock protein 90 facilitates formation of the HBV capsid via interacting with the HBV core protein dimers. Virology. 2011;410:161-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, inhibition or downregulation of Hsp90 reduced HBV production in HepG2.2.15 cells. These results showed that Hsp90 plays an important role in HBV capsid stabilization and HBV formation. ..
- Lee J, Lee Y, Shin Y, Jung Y, Hong C, Park J. Exercise-induced airway obstruction in young asthmatics measured by impulse oscillometry. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2010;20:575-81 pubmed..It does not require special breathing skills and it can reflect different aspects of airway obstruction to those revealed by spirometry, which is an effort-dependent maneuver...
- Chung S, Son G, Kim K. Circadian rhythm of adrenal glucocorticoid: its regulation and clinical implications. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1812:581-91 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on recent advances in the understanding of the circadian regulation of adrenal GC and its implications in human health and disease. ..
- Park S, Kim S, Lee S, Chae W, Jin H, Lee J, et al. Application of triamcinolone acetonide paste to the endotracheal tube reduces postoperative sore throat: a randomized controlled trial. Can J Anaesth. 2011;58:436-42 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00908817). ..
- Doo A, Kim S, Kim S, Park J, Chung S, Choe B, et al. Bee venom protects SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells from 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium-induced apoptotic cell death. Brain Res. 2012;1429:106-15 pubmed publisher..These results provide new evidence for elucidating the mechanism of neuroprotection of bee venom against PD. ..
- Kim S, Kang K, Lee J, Heo J. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ?7 and ?4 subunits contribute nicotine-induced apoptosis in periodontal ligament stem cells. Mol Cells. 2012;33:343-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the presence of ?7 and ?4 nAChRs in PDLSCs supports a key role of nAChRs in the modulation of nicotine-induced apoptosis. ..
- Ahn S, Kim B, Suh S, Kim D, Kim D, Shin Y, et al. Spontaneous symptomatic intracranial vertebrobasilar dissection: initial and follow-up imaging findings. Radiology. 2012;264:196-202 pubmed publisher..The stenosis-without-dilatation lesions most frequently exhibited radiologic improvement at follow-up imaging, followed by pearl-and-string and dilatation-without-stenosis lesions. ..
- Park S, Kim E, Koh S, Maeng S, Lee W, Lim J, et al. Dopaminergic differentiation of neural progenitors derived from placental mesenchymal stem cells in the brains of Parkinson's disease model rats and alleviation of asymmetric rotational behavior. Brain Res. 2012;1466:158-66 pubmed publisher..Hence, the placenta is an auspicious source of stem cells for the therapeutic treatment of neurological disorders. ..
- Seo J, Ju Y, Lee W, Shin J, Lee J, Bleazard T, et al. The transcriptional landscape and mutational profile of lung adenocarcinoma. Genome Res. 2012;22:2109-19 pubmed publisher..We also found an association between lymph node metastasis and somatic mutations in TP53. These findings broaden our understanding of lung adenocarcinoma and may also lead to new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches. ..
- Cho S, Kim S, Kim Y, Kweon J, Kim H, Bae S, et al. Analysis of off-target effects of CRISPR/Cas-derived RNA-guided endonucleases and nickases. Genome Res. 2014;24:132-41 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of choosing unique target sequences and optimizing guide RNA and Cas9 to avoid or reduce RGEN-induced off-target mutations. ..
- Chan K, Emery C, Ip P. Children With Disability Are More at Risk of Violence Victimization: Evidence From a Study of School-Aged Chinese Children. J Interpers Violence. 2016;31:1026-46 pubmed publisher..The risk of child maltreatment could have an almost sixfold increase when the child had also witnessed other types of family violence. Possible explanations and implications of the findings are discussed. ..
- Kim S, Youn D, Hwang K, Sung I, Kim J, Kim Y. Reconstruction of the lateral malleolus and calcaneus region using free thoracodorsal artery perforator flaps. Microsurgery. 2016;36:198-205 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it may represent a viable alternative choice for the reconstruction of the lateral malleolus and calcaneus region. ..
- Suh J, Lee H, Nam H, Jo B, Lee D, Kim J, et al. Control of cancer stem cell like population by intracellular target identification followed by the treatment with peptide-siRNA complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:827-833 pubmed publisher..Taken together, FER is a new marker for targeting breast CSCs and peptide-mediated siRNA method could be an effective and safe way of delivery and be a new therapeutic strategy for targeting breast cancer. ..
- Yang C, Kim Y, Yang K, Chang Y, Yoon Y, Bang B. Acute focal bacterial nephritis presented as acute renal failure and hepatic dysfunction in a renal transplant recipient. Am J Nephrol. 1994;14:72-5 pubmed..In addition, early withdrawal of CsA is essential to prevent irreversible hepatic failure when infection triggers hepatic dysfunction in HBsAg-positive renal transplant recipients...
- Kim T, Kang S, Kang J, Cho M, Kim J, Kim S, et al. Gene transfer into human hepatoma cells by receptor-associated protein/polylysine conjugates. Bioconjug Chem. 2004;15:326-32 pubmed..Thus, RAP-PDL conjugates have the potential to be used as a new nonviral gene delivery vector. ..
- Jin S, Hong S, Yang H, Park S, Yoo M, Lee H, et al. Estrogen receptor-alpha gene haplotype is associated with primary knee osteoarthritis in Korean population. Arthritis Res Ther. 2004;6:R415-21 pubmed..48; P = 0.003). Although the number OA patients studied is small, the present study shows that ER-alpha gene haplotype may be associated with primary knee OA, and genetic variations in the ER-alpha gene may be involved in OA. ..
- Ko K, Peck K, Oh W, Lee N, Lee J, Song J. New species of Bordetella, Bordetella ansorpii sp. nov., isolated from the purulent exudate of an epidermal cyst. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:2516-9 pubmed..Based on the evaluated phenotypic and genotypic characteristics, it is proposed that SMC-8986(T) should be classified as a new species, namely Bordetella ansorpii sp. nov...
- Byun J, Lee M, Roh S, Shim B, Hong S, Ko Y, et al. Association between cyclooxygenase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression in non-small cell lung cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2006;36:263-8 pubmed..048). The COX-2 expression is associated with the MMP-2 expression in NSCLC patients: the latter may also be associated with tumor progression and reduced survival in NSCLC patients. ..
- Chung M, Hogstrand C, Lee S. Cytotoxicity of nitric oxide is alleviated by zinc-mediated expression of antioxidant genes. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2006;231:1555-63 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that NO plays an important role in regulation of cellular zinc homeostasis and that NO-mediated release of protein-bound Zn2+ may be an important signal in antioxidant defense. ..
- Lee B, Doo H, Ahn S, Byun S, Kim S, Park H, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma Pro12Ala polymorphism is associated with the susceptibility to ischemic stroke in Taeeumin classified by Sasang medicine. Neurol Res. 2007;29 Suppl 1:S32-7 pubmed..Authors hope that this study could provide a new approach for the study of ischemic stroke and merit further research. ..
- Roh J, Yoon Y, Park C. Recurrent laryngeal nerve paralysis in patients with papillary thyroid carcinomas: evaluation and management of resulting vocal dysfunction. Am J Surg. 2009;197:459-65 pubmed publisher..Patients with PTC may have vocal dysfunction from cancer or surgery-related RLNP. Vocal evaluation and management may help improve their vocal function, thus enhancing their quality of life. ..
- Cho S, Oh S. The clinical significance of rectal contractions that occur during urodynamic studies. Neurourol Urodyn. 2010;29:418-23 pubmed publisher..No correlation was found in groups III and IV. RC were correlated with neurological disease and non-neurological conditions. The identification of a rhythmic RC should be followed by screening for underlying conditions. ..
- Kim T, Oh S, Myung S. Pyoderma gangranosum of the penis. J Korean Med Sci. 2009;24:1200-2 pubmed publisher..The patient was treated with prednisolone and thalidomide, followed by a reconstructive surgical repair using a scrotal island flap. We report this case with a brief review of the literature...
- Yoon J, Cho J, Kim N, Kim D, Lee E, Cheon C, et al. High-frequency microwave ablation method for enhanced cancer treatment with minimized collateral damage. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1970-8 pubmed publisher..The proposed microwave ablation method can be a very effective process to treat small-sized tumor with minimized invasiveness and collateral damages. ..
- Jeong H, Lee J, Kim W, Choe S, Kim K, Park H, et al. A newly identified CG301269 improves lipid and glucose metabolism without body weight gain through activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha and gamma. Diabetes. 2011;60:496-506 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CG301269 would be a potential lead compound against obesity and related metabolic disorders. ..
- Ramakrishna S, Suresh B, Lim K, Cha B, Lee S, Kim K, et al. PEST motif sequence regulating human NANOG for proteasomal degradation. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:1511-9 pubmed publisher..Deletion of the PEST motif reduced ubiquitination of NANOG, leading to NANOG stabilization. Collectively, these results indicate that the expression level, stability, and activity of NANOG are modulated by post-translational mechanisms. ..
- Yoon J, Kang Y, Choi Y, Park I, Nam S, Lee J, et al. Gastrokine 1 functions as a tumor suppressor by inhibition of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in gastric cancers. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:1697-704 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the GKN1 gene may play an important role in the progression of sporadic gastric cancers via inhibition of EMT and cancer cell migration. ..
- Kwon M, Han J, Kim B, Lee Y, Kim T. Superoxide dismutase 3 suppresses hyaluronic acid fragments mediated skin inflammation by inhibition of toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway: superoxide dismutase 3 inhibits reactive oxygen species-induced trafficking of toll-like receptor 4 to lip. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2012;16:297-313 pubmed publisher..This inflammatory machinery was blocked by SOD3. Thus, we propose that SOD3 might provide an effective strategy for the treatment of HAF-mediated skin inflammation. ..
- Park J, Kang S, Yoo J, Ahn C, Cha B, Kim K, et al. Association between ?-glutamyltransferase, adiponectin and arterial stiffness. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2012;19:90-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that serum GGT is independently associated with increased arterial stiffness, but there was no correlation between adiponectin and arterial stiffness in both males and females. ..
- Baek S, Kim S, Kwak J, Cho J, Shin J, Amar A, et al. Indeterminate pulmonary nodules in rectal cancer: a recommendation for follow-up guidelines. J Surg Oncol. 2012;106:481-5 pubmed publisher..7 mm or positive nodal status. In addition, patients receiving adjuvant FOLFOX4 chemotherapy should be followed-up for longer periods. ..
- Jeong J, Ryu M, Ryoo B, Lee S, Park I, Lee S, et al. Safety and feasibility of adjuvant chemotherapy with S-1 for Korean patients with curatively resected advanced gastric cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2012;70:523-9 pubmed..Adjuvant chemotherapy with S-1 for 1 year is safe and feasible in Korean patients. Age > 65 years and total gastrectomy are independent risk factors for severe adverse events caused by adjuvant S-1 chemotherapy. ..
- Bae S, Jung J, An I, Kim O, Lee M, Lee J, et al. TRIAD1 is negatively regulated by the MDM2 E3 ligase. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1924-8 pubmed publisher..The functional study results suggested that TRIAD1 degradation by MDM2 suppresses TRIAD1-mediated cell growth. These data suggested a novel negative regulatory mechanism of TRIAD1 via MDM2 E3 ligase ubiquitination. ..
- Han Y, Kim B, Ban J, Lee J, Kim B, Choi B, et al. A randomized trial of Lactobacillus plantarum CJLP133 for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2012;23:667-73 pubmed publisher..001 and 0.049). Our results suggest that supplementation with probiotic L. plantarum CJLP133 is beneficial in the treatment of pediatric AD. ..
- Han E, Chun M, Kim S, Lim D. Injection time-dependent effect of adult human bone marrow stromal cell transplantation in a rat model of severe traumatic brain injury. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;8:172-81 pubmed
- Kim K, Kim J, Lee Y, Min A, Bahk Y, Shin M. Entamoeba histolytica induces cell death of HT29 colonic epithelial cells via NOX1-derived ROS. Korean J Parasitol. 2013;51:61-8 pubmed publisher..histolytica-triggered DNA fragmentation in HT29 cells. These results suggest that NOX1-derived ROS is required for apoptotic cell death in HT29 colon epithelial cells induced by E. histolytica...
- Shin S, Han Y, Park H, Chung Y, Ahn H, Kim C, et al. Risk factors for acute kidney injury after radical nephrectomy and inferior vena cava thrombectomy for renal cell carcinoma. J Vasc Surg. 2013;58:1021-7 pubmed publisher..Postoperative AKI was associated with postoperative CKD (P = .031), prolonged hospitalization (P = .047), and increased long-term mortality (1 year after surgery). ..
- Cho S, Ku J, Cho Y, Kim I, Kang Y, Jang D, et al. Development of virtual reality proprioceptive rehabilitation system for stroke patients. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2014;113:258-65 pubmed publisher..007). In addition, subjects were significantly improved in conventional behavioral tests after training. In conclusion, we showed the effectiveness and possible use of the VR to recover the proprioception of stroke patients. ..
- Jeong B, Kim T, Song W. Effect of Preoperative Stress Radiographic Findings on Radiographic and Clinical Outcomes of the Modified BrostrÃ¶m Procedure for Chronic Ankle Instability. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016;55:125-8 pubmed publisher..8 in the 2 groups. No statistically significant differences were seen in the preoperative and postoperative American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society ankle-hindfoot scores or in postoperative satisfaction rates between the 2 groups. ..
- Lee M, Park J, Jung J, Chae J. Forced eruption of a palatally impacted and transposed canine with a temporary skeletal anchorage device. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2017;151:1148-1158 pubmed publisher..The patient's occlusion and smile esthetics were significantly improved after orthodontic treatment. ..
- Kim S, Wang K, Cho B, Lim S, Kim Y, Oh C, et al. Adenoviral p16/CDKN2 gene transfer to malignant glioma: role of p16 in growth, invasion, and senescence. Oncol Rep. 2003;10:1121-6 pubmed..Taken together these data strongly suggest that the anti-cancer effect of p16 is modulated by p16-mediated cell cycle arrest and by the induction of senescence. ..
- Whang L, Chang G. Lifestyles of virtual world residents: living in the on-line game "lineage". Cyberpsychol Behav. 2004;7:592-600 pubmed..This study serves as a model to understand how players from different real-life backgrounds will behave in various game features and how they adopt the virtual world for their new social identities. ..
- Ahn S, Son B, Yoon K, Noh D, Han W, Kim S, et al. BRCA1 and BRCA2 germline mutations in Korean breast cancer patients at high risk of carrying mutations. Cancer Lett. 2007;245:90-5 pubmed..4 to 25% in the five major risk factor groups. The frequency of BRCA mutations in patients with two or more risk factors was markedly higher than that in patients with one risk factor. ..
- Baek S. A novel link between SUMO modification and cancer metastasis. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1492-5 pubmed..Here I overview these findings and discuss biological importance of protein SUMOylation in cancer metastasis. ..
- Choi S, Oh S, Kim J, Sadovsky Y, Roh C. Increased expression of N-myc downstream-regulated gene 1 (NDRG1) in placentas from pregnancies complicated by intrauterine growth restriction or preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;196:45.e1-7 pubmed..The expression of NDRG1 is upregulated in placentas from pregnancies complicated by severe PE or IUGR. This finding likely reflects trophoblast response to hypoxic injury. ..
- Lee J, Kim K, Shin H, Sohn Y. Factors related to clinically probable REM sleep behavior disorder in Parkinson disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2010;16:105-8 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study support previous observations that PD with RBD may result from a different underlying pattern of neurodegeneration than PD without RBD. ..
- Jang S, Jones K, Olsen C, Joo Y, Yoo Y, Chung I, et al. Epidemiological link between gastric disease and polymorphisms in VacA and CagA. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:559-67 pubmed publisher..011). In this South Korean population, the majority of H. pylori strains carry the vacA s1/i1/m1 allele and the CagA EPIYA-ABD allele. These facts may contribute to the high incidence of gastric maladies, including gastric cancer. ..
- Bhandari D, Seo K, Roh K, Jung J, Kang S, Kang K. REX-1 expression and p38 MAPK activation status can determine proliferation/differentiation fates in human mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10493 pubmed publisher..Therefore, p38 MAPK and REX-1 status can determine the cell fate of adult stem cells (ASCs). These results were the first to show the role of REX1 in the proliferation/differentiation of ASCs. ..
- Song I, Kim C, Park B, Park W. Assessment of response to radiotherapy for prostate cancer: value of diffusion-weighted MRI at 3 T. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;194:W477-82 pubmed publisher..0 ng/mL). With the use of a 3-T MR scanner, our preliminary results suggest that ADC values may be useful as an imaging biomarker for monitoring therapeutic response of prostate cancer to radiotherapy. ..
- Choi H, Lee J, Kim H, Nam H, Shin H, Kim D, et al. Bcl3-dependent stabilization of CtBP1 is crucial for the inhibition of apoptosis and tumor progression in breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:396-402 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel combinatorial role for Bcl3 and CtBP1, providing an explanation for the acquisition of resistance to apoptosis in cancer cells, which is a major requirement for cancer development. ..
- Kim J, Hong J, Bae W, Koo H, Kim S, Park Y. Prevalence, antibiograms, and transferable tet(O) plasmid of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli isolated from raw chicken, pork, and human clinical cases in Korea. J Food Prot. 2010;73:1430-7 pubmed
- Kim Y, Choi J, Chung Y, Bang S, Kim M, Park M, et al. Comparison of MRI and endoscopic ultrasound in the characterization of pancreatic cystic lesions. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;195:947-52 pubmed publisher..755-0.774 for MRI vs 0.769 for EUS; p > 0.894). MRI and EUS are comparable in the characterization of cystic pancreatic lesions and prediction of malignancy. ..
- Ryu J, Yoo S, Kim K, Park J, Bang S, Lee S, et al. Laser modulation of heat and capsaicin receptor TRPV1 leads to thermal antinociception. J Dent Res. 2010;89:1455-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Er,Cr:YSGG laser has analgesic effects via TRPV1 inhibition. Such mechanistic approaches may help define the laser-sensitive pain modality and increase its beneficial uses. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Yoon H, Shin D, Park S, Kim Y, et al. NAT2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP2E1 genetic polymorphisms in anti-TB drug-induced maculopapular eruption. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2011;67:121-7 pubmed publisher..CYP2C19 and CYP2C9 genetic polymorphisms are significantly associated with the risk of developing ATD-induced MPE, and the genetic variants in NAT2 and CYP2E1 are not closely related to the development of this adverse reaction. ..
- Jin H, Seo S, Kim Y, Woo S, Lee K, Yi J, et al. TXNIP potentiates Redd1-induced mTOR suppression through stabilization of Redd1. Oncogene. 2011;30:3792-801 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study to identify TXNIP as a novel member of the mTOR upstream that acts as a negative regulator in response to stress signals. ..