Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
Publications351 found, 100 shown here
- Shin S, Jeong S, Sung P, Lee J, Kim H, Lee H, et al. Comparative Analysis of Liver Injury-Associated Cytokines in Acute Hepatitis A and B. Yonsei Med J. 2016;57:652-7 pubmed publisher..We identified cytokines and T-cell cytotoxic proteins associated with liver injury in AHA and AHB. These findings deepen the existing understanding of immunological mechanisms responsible for liver injury in acute viral hepatitis. ..
- Kim C, Lim E, Shin S, Krause H, Hong H. Magnetic immunoassay platform based on the planar frequency mixing magnetic technique. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;83:293-9 pubmed publisher..The results show that the deployment of the p-FMMD can be an alternative to conventional biosensing analytical methods, and can be used as a fast and portable screening method. ..
- Lee C, Kim D, Lee S, Su J, Han K. Structural investigation on the intrinsically disordered N-terminal region of HPV16 E7 protein. BMB Rep. 2016;49:431-6 pubmed..Presence of such target-binding motifs in HPV16 E7 provides a reasonable explanation for its promiscuous target-binding behavior associated with its transforming activity. [BMB Reports 2016; 49(8): 431-436]. ..
- Kwon O, Choi K, Kim J, Cho S, Kang S, Moon J, et al. Case report: fainting during acupuncture stimulation at acupuncture point LI4. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:147 pubmed publisher..This information can provide a new viewpoint about the mechanism of acupuncture treatment and the possibility of new techniques based on acupuncture. ..
- Roh J, Jung B, Rha K, Park C. Endoscopic resection of pleomorphic adenoma arising in the nasopharynx. Acta Otolaryngol. 2005;125:910-12 pubmed..Endoscope-guided surgery may be helpful for the complete resection of benign nasopharyngeal tumors whilst minimizing injury to the Eustachian tube openings or velopharynx. ..
- Ryoo I, Park H, Choo S, Hwang J, Park Y, Bae K, et al. Selective cytotoxic activity of valinomycin against HT-29 Human colon carcinoma cells via down-regulation of GRP78. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:817-20 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that GRP78 may be an excellent target for the use of cancer chemotherapy in the treatment of solid tumors. ..
- Kim Y, Rhee K, Lee J, Hwang D, Yang J, Kim S. Arthroscopic pullout repair of a complete radial tear of the tibial attachment site of the medial meniscus posterior horn. Arthroscopy. 2006;22:795.e1-4 pubmed..2 Ethibond sutures are pulled out through the tibial tunnel and then fixed to the proximal tibia using a 3.5-mm cortical screw and washer. Firm reattachment of the torn meniscus was confirmed arthroscopically. ..
- Cui L, Ndinteh D, Na M, Thuong P, Silike Muruumu J, Njamen D, et al. Isoprenylated flavonoids from the stem bark of Erythrina abyssinica. J Nat Prod. 2007;70:1039-42 pubmed..All the isolates, with the exception of 1 and 8, strongly inhibited PTP1B activity in an in vitro assay with IC50 values ranging from 14.2 +/- 1.7 to 26.7 +/- 1.2 microM. ..
- Kang D, Kim K, Kim J, Kim S, Kim J, Baik H, et al. High prevalence of RET, RAS, and ERK expression in Hashimoto's thyroiditis and in papillary thyroid carcinoma in the Korean population. Thyroid. 2007;17:1031-8 pubmed..The RET/PTC-RAS-BRAF cascade is associated with papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC)...
- Byun H, Song J, Kim Y, Piao L, Won M, Park K, et al. Caspase-8 has an essential role in resveratrol-induced apoptosis of rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47:301-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that resveratrol causes activation of caspase-8, which in turn results in modulation of mitochondrial apoptotic machinery to promote apoptosis of RA FLS. ..
- Kim K, Choi J, Kim J, Choi Y, Shin Y, Lee H, et al. Enhanced CD24 expression in endometrial carcinoma and its expression pattern in normal and hyperplastic endometrium. Histol Histopathol. 2009;24:309-16 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CD24 may be involved in tumor progression and can be a useful diagnostic biomarker. ..
- Lee S, Jeong D, Park W, Kong J, Choi G, Kim H, et al. Screening of Kit inhibitors: suppression of Kit signaling and melanogenesis by emodin. Phytother Res. 2010;24:308-12 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that emodin is a good candidate for the development of antipigmentation agents since it can radically block the differentiation and proliferation of pigment cells by reducing Kit signaling. ..
- Ku H, Lim H, Oh K, Yang H, Jeong J, Kim S. Interpretation of protein quantitation using the Bradford assay: comparison with two calculation models. Anal Biochem. 2013;434:178-80 pubmed publisher..Use of the M2 model yielded much more consistent quantitation values compared with use of the M1 model, which exhibited marked overestimations against protein standards. ..
- Jeon H, Oh M, Jun S, Kim S, Choi C, Kwon H, et al. Variation among Staphylococcus aureus membrane vesicle proteomes affects cytotoxicity of host cells. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:185-93 pubmed publisher..Further proteogenomic analysis or mutagenesis of specific genes is necessary to identify cytotoxic factors in S. aureus MVs. ..
- Han J, Oh J, Rhim J, Lee K. Correlation between elevated platelet count and immunoglobulin levels in the early convalescent stage of Kawasaki disease. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7583 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that all Ig subtypes except IgE and platelets may be involved in the recovery from KD and that the extent of increased parameters may reflect the degree of systemic inflammation in acute KD. ..
- Park S, Jin Y, Park Y, Yeon S, Xu J, Han R, et al. IL-25-induced activation of nasal fibroblast and its association with the remodeling of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181806 pubmed publisher..in NPDFs and increased expression of IL-25 were also involved in the pathogenesis of nasal polyposis by affecting nasal fibroblasts in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. ..
- Oh H, Kim D, Cho J, Kim Y. Hepatoprotective and free radical scavenging activities of phenolic petrosins and flavonoids isolated from Equisetum arvense. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;95:421-4 pubmed..8 +/- 0.4 microM and 22.7 +/- 2.8 microM, respectively). These results support the use of this plant for the treatment of hepatitis in oriental traditional medicine...
- Cho H, Lee D, Sung S. Anatomical variations of rami communicantes in the upper thoracic sympathetic trunk. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2005;27:320-4 pubmed
- Lee W, Kim J, Im K, Cho K, Sok D, Jeong T. Antioxidant effects of diarylheptanoid derivatives from Alnus japonica on human LDL oxidation. Planta Med. 2005;71:295-9 pubmed..3%, 2 : 40.3% at 10 microM) and macrophage-mediated LDL oxidation (inhibition of 1 : 82%, 2 : 84% at 1 microM)...
- Ju H, Lee K, Yang M, Kim H, Kang C, Sohn T, et al. TP53BP2 locus is associated with gastric cancer susceptibility. Int J Cancer. 2005;117:957-60 pubmed..Although the location of the pathogenic variant is not yet known, our results suggest that the TP53BP2 locus is associated with susceptibility to gastric cancer in the Korean population. ..
- Jung H, Kim D, Jo Y, Chung H, Song J, Park J, et al. Regulation of protein kinase B tyrosine phosphorylation by thyroid-specific oncogenic RET/PTC kinases. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2748-59 pubmed..In summary, these observations suggest that RET/PTC is able to phosphorylate the Y315 residue of PKB, an event that results in maximal activation of PKB for RET/PTC-induced thyroid tumorigenesis. ..
- Lee J, Kim I, Sohn W, Lee J, Yong T. A DNA vaccine encoding a fatty acid-binding protein of Clonorchis sinensis induces protective immune response in Sprague-Dawley rats. Scand J Immunol. 2006;63:169-76 pubmed..05) in SD rats against C. sinensis metacerariae challenge. These results suggest that pcDNA3.1-FABP induces a typical T helper-1-dominated immune response and it is a good candidate for use in future clonorchiasis vaccination studies...
- Kim H, Yoon S, Ryu H, Yoon B, Choi S, Ye S, et al. 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanosine triphosphate(8-oxoGTP) down-regulates respiratory burst of neutrophils by antagonizing GTP toward Rac, a small GTP binding protein. Free Radic Res. 2007;41:655-62 pubmed..These results imply the possibility that 8-oxoGTP is formed during respiratory burst of neutrophils and limits neutrophil production of superoxides by antagonizing GTP toward Rac. ..
- Hung T, Na M, Min B, Zhang X, Lee I, Ngoc T, et al. Protective effect of magnoflorine isolated from coptidis rhizoma on Cu2+-induced oxidation of human low density lipoprotein. Planta Med. 2007;73:1281-4 pubmed..These results suggest that magnoflorine may be useful for preventing the oxidation of various LDL forms. ..
- Yoo S, Ahn A, Seo T, Hong H, Chung M, Jung S, et al. Centrifugal enhancement of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated virus infection of human endothelial cells in vitro. J Virol Methods. 2008;154:160-6 pubmed publisher..These results show that low speed centrifugation could be a useful tool for improving the efficiency of KSHV infection in vitro. ..
- Lee N, Jeong Y. Pogo: a novel spontaneous ataxic mutant mouse. Cerebellum. 2009;8:155-62 pubmed publisher..Much of this review is concerned with the functional implications of these ectopic molecules in the Pogo cerebellum...
- Song S, Kim S, Song M, Lim D. Aurora B-mediated phosphorylation of RASSF1A maintains proper cytokinesis by recruiting Syntaxin16 to the midzone and midbody. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8540-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate Aurora B-mediated phosphorylation of RASSF1A in the regulation of cytokinesis. ..
- Lee S, Kim J, Jang B, Hur S, Jung U, Kil K, et al. Fluctuation of peripheral blood T, B, and NK cells during a menstrual cycle of normal healthy women. J Immunol. 2010;185:756-62 pubmed publisher..Neuroendocrine regulation on immune responses is suggested during an ovarian cycle, which may be critical for embryonic implantation and pregnancy. ..
- Lee M, Kim J, Ernst E. Is cupping an effective treatment? An overview of systematic reviews. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2011;4:1-4 pubmed publisher..Based on evidence from the currently available SRs, the effectiveness of cupping has been demonstrated only as a treatment for pain, and even for this indication doubts remain. ..
- Nhiem N, Lim H, Kiem P, Minh C, Thu V, Tai B, et al. Oleanane-type triterpene saponins from the bark of Aralia elata and their NF-?B inhibition and PPAR activation signal pathway. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:6143-7 pubmed publisher..Among of them, compounds 4-6 significantly increased PPAR? transactivation. However, compounds 4-6 did not activate in any other PPAR subtypes. ..
- Kim J, Kim K, Lee Y, Cho C, Yoo H, Bang J, et al. Anti-angiogenic effects of water extract of a formula consisting of Pulsatilla koreana, Panax ginseng and Glycyrrhiza uralensis. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2011;9:1005-13 pubmed..This study aimed to investigate the anti-angiogenic effects of the water extract of Pulsatilla koreana (Yabe ex Nakai) Nakai ex T. Mori., Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer and Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch (WEPPG)...
- Hwang J, Baek Y, Yang K, Yoo H, Cho C, Lee Y, et al. Lactobacillus casei extract induces apoptosis in gastric cancer by inhibiting NF-?B and mTOR-mediated signaling. Integr Cancer Ther. 2013;12:165-73 pubmed publisher..These results showed for the first time that LBX induced apoptosis in gastric cancer cells by inhibiting NF-?B and mTOR-mediated signaling...
- Kim J, Kang S, Kim J, Kwon G, Koo S. Elevated levels of T helper 17 cells are associated with disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Lab Med. 2013;33:52-9 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that Th17 cells and Th17-related cytokines play an important role in RA pathogenesis and that the level of Th17 cells in peripheral blood is associated with disease activity in RA. ..
- Thambi T, Deepagan V, Yoon H, Han H, Kim S, Son S, et al. Hypoxia-responsive polymeric nanoparticles for tumor-targeted drug delivery. Biomaterials. 2014;35:1735-43 pubmed publisher..As consequence, drug-loaded HR-NPs exhibited high anti-tumor activity in vivo. Overall, the HR-NPs might have a potential as nanocarriers for drug delivery to treat hypoxia-associated diseases. ..
- Woo S, Yoon M, Kim J, Hong Y, Kim M, Shin S, et al. The anti-angiogenic herbal extract from Melissa officinalis inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and suppresses adipocyte hypertrophy in high fat diet-induced obese C57BL/6J mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;178:238-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, by curbing adipogenesis, anti-angiogenic ALS-L1023 yields a possible therapeutic choice for the prevention and treatment of human obesity and its associated conditions. ..
- Kang K, Park T, Kim N, Jang M, Park S, Park J, et al. Recurrent Stroke, Myocardial Infarction, and Major Vascular Events during the First Year after Acute Ischemic Stroke: The Multicenter Prospective Observational Study about Recurrence and Its Determinants after Acute Ischemic Stroke I. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:656-64 pubmed publisher..Better prevention strategies are required for high-risk patients during this high-risk period. ..
- Kim J, Chang Y, Kim J, Lee D, Han J, Kim C. Self-recognition of recurrences among patients with exudative age-related macular degeneration. Clin Exp Optom. 2016;99:56-60 pubmed publisher..Prescribing eyeglasses may facilitate accurate self-recognition of the recurrence of exudation in cases where vision can be improved with correction. ..
- Son M, Lee M, Jeon H, Seol B, Kim J, Chang J, et al. Generation and characterization of integration-free induced pluripotent stem cells from patients with autoimmune disease. Exp Mol Med. 2016;48:e232 pubmed publisher..These findings support the possibility of using iPSC technology in autologous and allogeneic cell replacement therapy for various AIDs, including AS, SS and SLE. ..
- Kim J, Tran T, Hong S, Jeong J. A reference measurement procedure for amino acids in blood using isotope dilution ultra-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1055-1056:72-80 pubmed publisher..The optimized protocol was found to be suitable for the accurate quantification of five AAs in serum, and may satisfactorily serve as a primary method for AA measurement in various blood matrices. ..
- Kim C, Lee W, No K, Park S, Lee M, Lim S, et al. Anti-allergic action of buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) grain extract. Int Immunopharmacol. 2003;3:129-36 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that anti-allergic action of BGE may be due to the inhibition of histamine release and cytokine gene expression in the mast cells...
- Jo E, Wang Y, Kanegane H, Futatani T, Song C, Park J, et al. Identification of mutations in the Bruton's tyrosine kinase gene, including a novel genomic rearrangements resulting in large deletion, in Korean X-linked agammaglobulinemia patients. J Hum Genet. 2003;48:322-6 pubmed..This study suggests that large genomic rearrangements involving Alu repeats are few but an important component of the spectrum of BTK mutations. ..
- Kim J, Park M, Yang S, Jeong B, Yoo H, Kim J, et al. Association study of polymorphisms in N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2B subunits (GRIN2B) gene with Korean alcoholism. Neurosci Res. 2006;56:220-3 pubmed..These findings suggest new candidate SNPs in GRIN2B for studying the genetic susceptibility to alcoholism. ..
- Lee B, Kim T, Kim S, Lee K, Lee D. Patome: a database server for biological sequence annotation and analysis in issued patents and published patent applications. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:D47-50 pubmed..The gene-patent table can be used to identify whether a particular gene or disease is related to patenting. Patome is available at http://www.patome.org/; the information is updated bimonthly. ..
- Kim K, Kim S, Kim S, Back J, Park M, Kim J. Cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in thyroid neoplasms and their clinicopathological correlation. J Korean Med Sci. 2006;21:1064-9 pubmed..028). These results suggest that the upregulation of COX-2 and iNOS may contribute to the tumor progression of thyroid gland, particularly in PTC and HN, and iNOS may play an adjuvant role during the tumor progression of FC. ..
- Hur S, Lee S, Lee J, Moon H, Kim H, Chung H. Polymorphisms and haplotypes of the gene encoding the estrogen-metabolizing CYP19 gene in Korean women: no association with advanced-stage endometriosis. J Hum Genet. 2007;52:703-11 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings suggest that CYP19 genetic polymorphisms are not associated with advanced-stage endometriosis in Korean women. ..
- Kim Y, Hwang S, Kang H, Sohn H, Oh S, Kim J, et al. Functional proteomics study reveals that N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase V reinforces the invasive/metastatic potential of colon cancer through aberrant glycosylation on tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:1-14 pubmed..Integrated data, both of TIMP-1 expression level and aberrant glycosylation, could provide important information to aid to improve the clinical outcome of colon cancer patients. ..
- Kim Y, Yang I, Bae Y, Park S. Performance evaluation of thermal cyclers for PCR in a rapid cycling condition. Biotechniques. 2008;44:495-6, 498, 500 passim pubmed publisher..In the meantime, users of thermal cyclers might be able to avoid unexpected poor outcomes of sensitive PCR-based assays by designing their PCR protocols with these findings in mind. ..
- Baek K, Yoon S, Kim J, Kim K, Kang S, Yang Y, et al. Upregulation and secretion of macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1 (MIC-1) in gastric cancers. Clin Chim Acta. 2009;401:128-33 pubmed publisher..MIC-1 was obviously overexpressed in gastric cancers and MIC-1 secretion into blood may be useful for the prediction of gastric cancer progression. ..
- Shin D, Cha D, Hua Q, Cha G, Lee Y. Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection and characteristics of seropositive patients in general hospitals in Daejeon, Korea. Korean J Parasitol. 2009;47:125-30 pubmed publisher..gondii seropositivity may be associated with neoplasms, diabetes, and other chronic infections. ..
- Yang E, Lee J, Song B, Yun C, Kim D, Kim I. Anti-inflammatory effects of ethanolic extract from Lagerstroemia indica on airway inflammation in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;136:422-7 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated whether the Lagerstroemia indica Linn (LI) extract has an anti-inflammatory effect on lung inflammation in ovalbumin-induced asthmatic mice...
- Lee S, Koh W, Kim H, Kim C, Lee S. Cancer-upregulated gene 2 (CUG2) overexpression induces apoptosis in SKOV-3 cells. Cell Biochem Funct. 2010;28:461-8 pubmed publisher..Apoptotic cell death was also observed during early development of zebrafish when CUG2 was overexpressed in zebrafish embryo. We propose that high expression of CUG2 induces apoptotic cell death. ..
- Park K, Song J, Baek K, Lee C, Kim D, Cho S, et al. Genetic diversity of a Korean echovirus 5 isolate and response of the strain to five antiviral drugs. Virol J. 2011;8:79 pubmed publisher..Of the five drugs, only amantadine (IC??: 1 ± 0.42 ?g/mL, TI: 100) and ribavirin (IC??: 22 ± 1.36 ?g/mL, TI: 4.55) had any antiviral activity against the Korean ECV 5 isolate...
- Kim Y, Hwang J, Noh J, Gang G, Kim D, Son H, et al. Activation of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase ameliorates spontaneous hypertension in an animal model via modulation of eNOS activity. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:519-27 pubmed publisher..These results provide strong evidence suggesting NQO1 might be a new therapeutic target for hypertension. ..
- Choi Y, Shin D, Lee Y, Cho C, Kim G, Kim W, et al. Inhibition of cell motility and invasion by HangAmDan-B in NCI-H460 human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2011;26:1601-8 pubmed publisher..Although further studies are needed, findings from the present study indicate that TJs and MMPs are critical targets of HAD-B-induced anti-invasiveness in NCI-H460 NSCLC cells. ..
- Shen F, Hwang H, Hahn Y, Park J. Label-free cell separation using a tunable magnetophoretic repulsion force. Anal Chem. 2012;84:3075-81 pubmed publisher..08 to 0.91. Additionally, we successfully achieved label-free separation of U937 cells from RBCs with >90% purity and 1 × 10(5) cells/h throughput using a 40 mM Gd-DTPA solution. ..
- Youn Y, Lim H, Lee J. The clinical characteristics of steroid responsive nephrotic syndrome of children according to the serum immunoglobulin E levels and cytokines. Yonsei Med J. 2012;53:715-22 pubmed publisher..In order to investigate the serum immunoglobulin E (IgE) levels and cytokines activity in pediatric NS, the total of 32 steroid responsive NS patients and 5 healthy controls were enrolled in this study...
- Lee Y, Kim M, Woo M, Park H, Han J. Effective peroxidase-like activity of a water-solubilized Fe-aminoclay for use in immunoassay. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;42:373-8 pubmed publisher..The chromatic response, which was even detectable by naked eyes, displayed gradational variation, proportional to the number of cells (up to 20,000 cells). ..
- Song K, Cha S, Yu S, Yu H, Oh S, Kang N. Association of apolipoprotein A5 gene -1131T>C polymorphism with the risk of metabolic syndrome in Korean subjects. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:585134 pubmed publisher..165 - 1.501], P=1.48E-05). In the current study, we demonstrated that the APOA5??-1131T>C polymorphism is associated with the metabolic syndrome because of its remarkable effect on serum triglyceride levels in Korean subjects. ..
- Kim K, Yoon H, Diez Silva M, Dao M, Dasari R, Park Y. High-resolution three-dimensional imaging of red blood cells parasitized by Plasmodium falciparum and in situ hemozoin crystals using optical diffraction tomography. J Biomed Opt. 2014;19:011005 pubmed publisher..The in situ structural evolution and chemical characteristics of subcellular hemozoin crystals are also elucidated. ..
- Kim I, Kim S, Kim H, Kim J, Lee J, Choi S, et al. Disturbance of DKK1 level is partly involved in survival of lung cancer cells via regulation of ROMO1 and ?-radiation sensitivity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:49-55 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to demonstrate that strict modulation of DKK1 expression in different cell types partially maintains cell survival via tight regulation of the ROS-producing ROMO1 and radiation resistance. ..
- Shin H, Jeong S, Huang D, Kang B, Lee M. Usage patterns and adverse experiences in traditional Korean medicine: results of a survey in South Korea. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:340 pubmed publisher..Policies and regulations are required to enhance the reporting of adverse experiences not only for herbal medicines but also for traditional medicinal therapies. ..
- Shin J, Choi S, Lee Y, Park M, Na Y, Irani K, et al. APE1/Ref-1 as a Serological Biomarker for the Detection of Bladder Cancer. Cancer Res Treat. 2015;47:823-33 pubmed publisher..Serum APE1/Ref-1 levels are associated with tumor stage, grade, muscle invasion, and recurrence. Serum APE1/Ref-1 might be useful as a potential serologic biomarker for bladder cancer. ..
- Kim C, Go R, Lee G, Kim C, Chun Y, Choi K. Immortalization of human corneal epithelial cells using simian virus 40 large T antigen and cell characterization. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2016;78:52-7 pubmed publisher..These cells may be an excellent model for detecting the adverse effects of standard toxic materials and could replace the traditional eye irritation test as an animal-free alternative method. ..
- Kim H, Kim J, Choi Y, Chun H, Im I, Han Y, et al. Xeno-sensing activity of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor in human pluripotent stem cell-derived hepatocyte-like cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21684 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that hPSC-HLCs can be used to screen toxic substances related to AHR signaling and to identify potential AHR-targeted therapeutics. ..
- Yang S, Park Y, Cho J, Moon B, An H, Lee J, et al. Regulation of hypoxia responses by flavin adenine dinucleotide-dependent modulation of HIF-1α protein stability. EMBO J. 2017;36:1011-1028 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide a new insight into HIF-mediated hypoxia response regulation by coupling the FAD dependence of LSD1 activity to the regulation of HIF-1α stability. ..
- Cui H, Joo S, Lee D, Yu J, Jeong J, Kim J, et al. Low temperature plasma induces angiogenic growth factor via up-regulating hypoxia-inducible factor 1Î± in human dermal fibroblasts. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;630:9-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide information on the molecular mechanism by which LTP application may promote angiogenesis and will aid in developing methods to improve wound healing. ..
- Won J, Chang S, Oh S, Kim T. Small-molecule-based identification of dynamic assembly of E2F-pocket protein-histone deacetylase complex for telomerase regulation in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11328-33 pubmed..g., normal cycling, senescent, and tumor cells). ..
- Lee S, Park J, Lee Y, Lee C, Min B, Kim J, et al. Anti-complementary activity of triterpenoides from fruits of Zizyphus jujuba. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:1883-6 pubmed..This suggests that the oleanane-structure plays an important role in inhibiting the hemolytic activity of human serum against erythrocytes. ..
- Lee W, Im K, Park Y, Sung N, Jeong T. Human ACAT-1 and ACAT-2 inhibitory activities of pentacyclic triterpenes from the leaves of Lycopus lucidus TURCZ. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:382-4 pubmed..Among them, betulinic acid (3) exhibited more potent human ACAT-1 and ACAT-2 inhibitory activities with IC(50) values of 16.2+/-0.6 and 28.8+/-1.3 microM, respectively...
- Lee S, Park S, Joe C, Kim Y. Interaction of HCV core protein with 14-3-3epsilon protein releases Bax to activate apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:756-62 pubmed
- Lee E, Park H, Hwang J, Park D, Chang K, Kim C. Mithramycin inhibits etoposide resistance in glucose-deprived HT-29 human colon carcinoma cells. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;17:1856-61 pubmed..The etoposide-chemosensitive action of mithramycin was just dependent on strict low glucose conditions, and resulted in the selective cell death of etoposide-resistant HT-29 human colon cancer cells. ..
- Yang H, Jung S, Han H, Kim A, Lee Y, Cha S, et al. [Clinical feature of Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome: analysis of 25 cases]. Korean J Hepatol. 2008;14:178-84 pubmed publisher..We retrospectively analyzed clinical and laboratory manifestations as well as the therapeutic response in patients with clinically diagnosed Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome...
- Baek K, Park K, Jung E, Chung E, Park J, Choi H, et al. Molecular and epidemiological characterization of enteroviruses isolated in Chungnam, Korea from 2005 to 2006. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;19:1055-64 pubmed..The five ECV25 isolates have an S residue at position 134, whereas most of the foreign strains have an N residue. ..
- Yuk J, Shin D, Song K, Lim K, Kim K, Lee S, et al. Bacillus calmette-guerin cell wall cytoskeleton enhances colon cancer radiosensitivity through autophagy. Autophagy. 2010;6:46-60 pubmed..Our data suggest that BCG/CWS in combination with IR is a promising therapeutic strategy for enhancing radiation therapy in colon cancer cells through the induction of autophagy...
- Lee T, Park J, Kim S, Jung J, Kim Y, Kim S, et al. [Clinical features of pyogenic liver abscess according to age group]. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2010;56:90-6 pubmed..This study was conducted to compare the differences in clinical features and outcomes of pyogenic liver abscess according to age...
- Yoon Y, Kim J, Shin K, Shin D, Han Y, Lee Y, et al. KRIBB11 inhibits HSP70 synthesis through inhibition of heat shock factor 1 function by impairing the recruitment of positive transcription elongation factor b to the hsp70 promoter. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1737-47 pubmed publisher..Because HSPs are expressed at high levels in a wide range of tumors, these results strengthen the rationale for targeting HSF1 in cancer therapy. ..
- Jung J, Lee K, Lee M, Jung D, Cho E, Son H. Antioxidant and antiasthmatic effects of saucerneol D in a mouse model of airway inflammation. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:698-705 pubmed publisher..These antioxidant effects were correlated with HO-1 induction. In our experiments, saucerneol D treatment reduced airway inflammation and suppressed oxidative stress in an OVA-induced asthma model...
- Im M, Kim D, Park J, Chung H, Lee Y, Kim C, et al. Alteration of the ?-catenin pathway in spiradenoma. J Cutan Pathol. 2011;38:657-62 pubmed publisher..We suggest that downregulation of Axin and GSK-3? in the ?-catenin pathway may be an important signaling alteration in the development of spiradenoma. ..
- Kim H, Youm J, Moon K, Ha J, Kim Y, Joung H, et al. Expression analysis of human ?-secretase in transgenic tomato fruits. Protein Expr Purif. 2012;82:125-31 pubmed publisher..The proteolytic activity of tomato-derived rBACE1, confirmed by fluorescence resonance transfer assay, was similar to that of a commercial sample of Escherichia coli-derived BACE1. ..
- Jung S, Ko Y, Yu K, Kim J, Lee J, Chae C, et al. Identification of 3-acyl-2-phenylamino-1,4-dihydroquinolin-4-one derivatives as inhibitors of the phosphatase SerB653 in Porphyromonas gingivalis, implicated in periodontitis. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:2084-8 pubmed publisher..A second screening with a focused library identified 10 compounds with IC(50) values less than 10?M. In antibacterial tests, three of these compounds showed a minimum inhibitory concentration against P. gingivalis growth of 5-50nM. ..
- Kim T, Kang J, Kim K, Kang K, Shin M, Jung S, et al. Acupuncture for the treatment of dry eye: a multicenter randomised controlled trial with active comparison intervention (artificial teardrops). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36638 pubmed publisher..TFBUT measurements increased significantly in the acupuncture group after treatment. Acupuncture may have benefits on the mid-term outcomes related to dry eye syndrome compared with artificial tears. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01105221. ..
- Song S, Jang S, Park J, Bang S, Choi S, Kwon K, et al. Characterization of PINK1 (PTEN-induced putative kinase 1) mutations associated with Parkinson disease in mammalian cells and Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5660-72 pubmed publisher..We believe that this study provides the basis for understanding the molecular and physiological functions of various PINK1 mutations and provides insights into the pathogenic mechanisms of PINK1-linked PD. ..
- Lee J, Kang J, Song K, Jeon S, Oh S, Kim Y, et al. N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase V triggers overexpression of MT1-MMP and reinforces the invasive/metastatic potential of cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:658-63 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report for the first time that GnT-V directs cancer progression by modulating MMPs in cancer. ..
- Kim H, Oh Y, Song I, Kim S, Lee H, Yun H, et al. Endogenous stromal cell-derived factor-1 (CXCL12) supports autonomous growth of acute myeloid leukemia cells. Leuk Res. 2013;37:566-72 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that endogenous SDF-1 expression by AML cells plays a role in the autonomous growth of the cells. ..
- Choi S, Lee Y, Park M, Joo H, Cho E, Kim H, et al. Histone deacetylases inhibitor trichostatin A modulates the extracellular release of APE1/Ref-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;435:403-7 pubmed publisher..TSA also caused nuclear to cytoplasmic translocation of APE1/Ref-1. Taken together, these findings suggest that APE1/Ref-1 is a protein whose secretion is governed by lysine acetylation...