Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Daegu, South Korea
Locale: Daegu, South Korea
Publications425 found, 100 shown here
- Cho J, Cho S, Lee S, Lee K. Onion extract and quercetin induce matrix metalloproteinase-1 in vitro and in vivo. Int J Mol Med. 2010;25:347-52 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate that onion extract and quercetin play a role in the anti-scar effect in skin through up-regulation of MMP-1 expression, implying this agent is a promising material for reducing scar formation. ..
- Tak J, Lee J, Park J. Resveratrol and piperine enhance radiosensitivity of tumor cells. BMB Rep. 2012;45:242-6 pubmed..Applying natural products as sensitizers for IR-induced apoptotic cell death offers a promising therapeutic approach to treat cancer. ..
- Shon O, Park C. Minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis of distal tibial fractures: a comparison of medial and lateral plating. J Orthop Sci. 2012;17:562-6 pubmed publisher..Lateral MIPO may be an effective option when soft tissue condition on the medial side of the distal tibia is poor or when the fracture line is close to the ankle joint. ..
- Jung Y, Kim K, Lee S, Jang B, Kim T. [Comparison on Oral versus Intravenous Proton Pump Inhibitors for Prevention of Bleeding after Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection of Gastric Lesions]. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2016;67:74-80 pubmed publisher..Bleeding stigmata at follow up endoscopy was risk factor of delayed bleeding. Oral PPI administration can cost-effectively replace IV PPI for prevention of post ESD bleeding. ..
- Koh J, Chung D, Chung Y, Kang M, Kim I, Min Y, et al. Assessment of Denosumab in Korean Postmenopausal Women with Osteoporosis: Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial with Open-Label Extension. Yonsei Med J. 2016;57:905-14 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study demonstrate that denosumab has beneficial effects on the measures of osteoporosis in Korean postmenopausal women. ..
- Choi J, Kim J, Hwang J, Je M, Kim J, Kim S. A novel smart navigation system for intramedullary nailing in orthopedic surgery. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174407 pubmed publisher..The proposed system removes the need for fluoroscopy and provides a compact and cost-effective solution compared with conventional systems. ..
- Hong K, Kwon S, Lee S, Lee J, Kim Y, Song T, et al. Rivaroxaban vs Warfarin Sodium in the Ultra-Early Period After Atrial Fibrillation-Related Mild Ischemic Stroke: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:1206-1215 pubmed publisher..In atrial fibrillation (AF)-related acute ischemic stroke, the optimal oral anticoagulation strategy remains unclear...
- Song K, Heo W, Won D. [Comparative analysis of bronchoalveolar lavages in interstitial lung diseases]. Korean J Lab Med. 2007;27:221-7 pubmed
- Baek S, Kim Y, Kim S. Acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding due to appendiceal mucosal erosion. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2010;20:e110-3 pubmed..Microscopic examination revealed an eroded appendiceal mucosa, focal inflammatory infiltrates, and a normal submucosal vessel without evidence of vascular malformation. ..
- Kim E, Cho K, Park K, Jang B, Kim K, Jeon S, et al. Predictive factors of impaired quality of life in Korean patients with inactive inflammatory bowel disease: association with functional gastrointestinal disorders and mood disorders. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2013;47:e38-44 pubmed publisher..FGID and MD are common in Korean quiescent IBD patients. Appropriate management should be administered according to age of patients and presence of concomitant FGID and MD to improve patients' HRQOL. ..
- Kim C, Bae S, Lee S, Yang S, Hyun I, Jang J, et al. Clinical and oncologic outcomes of totally robotic total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer: initial results in a center for minimally invasive surgery. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2016;31:843-52 pubmed publisher..However, the dexterity of the robotic surgery could enable the surgeon to expand the choice of surgical methods according to the condition of the rectal cancer without the need for conversion. ..
- Lee J, Park H, Kim W, Lee S, Jeong J, Kang S, et al. Biological function of long noncoding RNA snaR in HER2-positive breast cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317707374 pubmed publisher..In this study, snaR was identified as upregulated and to play a role in cancer progression of HER2-positive breast cancer cells. These results suggest snaR as a potential biomarker for HER2-positive breast cancer. ..
- Oh H, Kwon S, Kim C, Choe B, Ko C, Jung H, et al. Molecular analysis of HLA class II-associated susceptibility to neuroinflammatory diseases in Korean children. J Korean Med Sci. 2004;19:426-30 pubmed..Our data may provide further evidence that the immunogenetic background of neuroinflammatory diseases in Korean is distinctly different from the ones in western countries. Further studies are necessary to confirm this finding. ..
- Gu M, Choi J, Park W, Chang J, Kim H. [Primary adenosquamous carcinoma of the liver: a case report]. Korean J Hepatol. 2005;11:86-9 pubmed..Upon gross examination, there was a well defined solid mass and intrahepatic duct stone in the dilated bile duct. Microscopically, the tumor was composed of both adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma...
- Han B, Oh H, Kim J. Nystagmus while recumbent in horizontal canal benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Neurology. 2006;66:706-10 pubmed..The identification of the affected ear is crucial for the successful treatment of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo involving the horizontal canal (HC-BPPV) by using particle-repositioning maneuvers...
- Hong S, Kim J, Kim J, Lee S, Shin D, Son K, et al. Apoptosis induction of 2'-hydroxycinnamaldehyde as a proteasome inhibitor is associated with ER stress and mitochondrial perturbation in cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:557-65 pubmed..These results suggest that HCA-induced apoptosis is associated with the inhibition of the proteasome activity that leads in turn to the increase of ER stress and mitochondrial perturbation. ..
- Kim H, Hong J, Lee H, Yi H, Lee S, Lee S, et al. Otolith dysfunction in vestibular neuritis: recovery pattern and a predictor of symptom recovery. Neurology. 2008;70:449-53 pubmed publisher..Otolith-related test abnormalities improve more rapidly than canal-related test abnormalities after vestibular neuritis. If patients have a positive head-thrust test result on follow-up, they are more likely to be dizzy. ..
- Kim S, Choi J. Myositis ossificans in psoas muscle after lumbar spine fracture. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:E367-70 pubmed publisher..When one finds a soft tissue mass with surrounding edema in the psoas muscle combined with a vertebral compression fracture, myositis ossificans should be included in the differential diagnosis. ..
- Kim D, Kim M, Lee J, Lee S, Choi J, Yoon G, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of Homeobox A5 gene in nonsmall cell lung cancer and its relationship with clinicopathological features. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:1109-15 pubmed publisher..Additional studies with larger sample sizes are required to evaluate the prognostic value of HOXA5 methylation in patients with stage I NSCLC. ..
- Park S, Jung M, Lee S, Kang K, Gratchev A, Riabov V, et al. Stabilin-1 mediates phosphatidylserine-dependent clearance of cell corpses in alternatively activated macrophages. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3365-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this protein might play an important role in the maintenance of tissue homeostasis and prevention of autoimmunity. ..
- Cho S, Lee E. Surgical resection of chest wall tuberculosis. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:480-3 pubmed publisher..Chest wall tuberculosis requires surgical resection in most cases and complete surgical resection may be needed to keep the recurrence rate low. ..
- Ki M, Shin D, Park J, Hong K, Hong I, Park J, et al. Frequency of vacuolating cytotoxin A (VacA)-positive Helicobacter pylori seropositivity and TGF-Î²1 decrease in atrial fibrillation. Int J Cardiol. 2010;145:345-346 pubmed publisher..023), compared to the control group. Accordingly, the chronic infection of VacA(+)H. pylori may increase the risk for AF by inducing systemic inflammation mediated, partly by suppressed TGF-Î²(1) and elevated proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Han H, Jang J, Jang J, Choi J, Kim Y, Lee C, et al. Water extract of Triticum aestivum L. and its components demonstrate protective effect in a model of vascular dementia. J Med Food. 2010;13:572-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TALE and some of its components can be used as a medicinal material for the development of neuroprotective agents against vascular dementia. ..
- Kim E, Lee S, Suk K, Lee W. CD300a and CD300f differentially regulate the MyD88 and TRIF-mediated TLR signalling pathways through activation of SHP-1 and/or SHP-2 in human monocytic cell lines. Immunology. 2012;135:226-35 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that CD300a and CD300f regulate the MyD88 and TRIF-mediated TLR signalling pathways through differential activation of SHP-1 and SHP-2. ..
- Yeom S, Kim O, Kang B, Kim K, Yuan H, Kwon D, et al. Highly sensitive nano-porous lattice biosensor based on localized surface plasmon resonance and interference. Opt Express. 2011;19:22882-91 pubmed publisher..This method can provide a simple, fast, and sensitive analysis for protein detection in real-time. ..
- Min K, Moon Y, Cho C, Kim H. A novel der(16)t(3;16)(p25;q24) in a patient with ovarian cancer. In Vivo. 2012;26:71-4 pubmed..The significance of this finding and its role in the pathogenesis of ovarian cancer requires further clarification. ..
- Hong M, Choi Y, Jang J, Jung H, Lee S, Lee W, et al. Association between genetic variants in pre-microRNAs and survival of early-stage NSCLC. J Thorac Oncol. 2013;8:703-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-149 and miR-196a may be involved in the pathogenesis of NSCLC, and that rs2292832 and rs11614913 can be used as prognostic markers for patients with surgically resected early-stage NSCLC. ..
- Bae J, Rezaie A. Thrombin inhibits HMGB1-mediated proinflammatory signaling responses when endothelial protein C receptor is occupied by its natural ligand. BMB Rep. 2013;46:544-9 pubmed
- Chung D, Sharma A, Choi S, Paeng J. Schwannoma With Cystic Changes in the Pterygomandibular Space. J Craniofac Surg. 2016;27:e148-50 pubmed publisher..The final diagnosis was schwannoma with cystic changes. Lower lip hypoesthesia occurred postoperatively. At the 1-year postoperative follow-up, maximum mouth opening was increased to 44 mm, and lip hypoesthesia was improved...
- Lee S, Ahn J, Mintz G, Hur S, Choi S, Kim S, et al. Characteristics of Earlier Versus Delayed Presentation of Very Late Drug-Eluting Stent Thrombosis: An Optical Coherence Tomographic Study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..The pathological mechanisms of very late DES thrombosis changed over time. Delayed neointimal healing remained a substantial substrate for VLST, even long after DES implantation. ..
- Yoo S, Kang H, Choi J, Do S, Lee W, Choi S, et al. Effects of polymorphisms identified in genome-wide association studies of never-smoking females on the prognosis of non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Genet. 2017;212-213:8-12 pubmed publisher..70, 95% confidence interval?=?0.53-0.93, P?=?0.01). These results suggest that TP63 rs7631358 G?>?A and CSF1R rs10079250 A?>?G may affect the prognosis of NSCLC in never-smoking females, as well as the risk of lung cancer. ..
- Sung S, Kim S, Lee J, Nam T, Jeong S, Jang H, et al. Continuous Effect of Radial Resection Margin on Recurrence and Survival in Rectal Cancer Patients Who Receive Preoperative Chemoradiation and Curative Surgery: A Multicenter Retrospective Analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:647-653 pubmed publisher..1 to 5Â mm may be at intermediate risk, with moderately increased distant recurrence. Distal resection margin was not significantly associated with RFS in rectal cancer after neoadjuvant CRT and total mesorectal excision. ..
- Kim Y, Ha K, Kim Y, Bae Y. The Ring-H2 finger motif of CKBBP1/SAG is necessary for interaction with protein kinase CKII and optimal cell proliferation. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;35:629-36 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the complex formation of CKIIbeta with CKBBP1 and/or CKII-mediated CKBBP1 phosphorylation is important for the G1/S phase transition of the cell cycle. ..
- Kim D, Lee N, Sohn S, Baek J, Kim J, Suh J, et al. IL-10 promoter gene polymorphism associated with the occurrence of chronic GVHD and its clinical course during systemic immunosuppressive treatment for chronic GVHD after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Transplantation. 2005;79:1615-22 pubmed..1,146 days, P=0.0091). IL-10 promoter gene polymorphism was found to be apparently associated with chronic GVHD after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation from HLA-matched sibling donors. ..
- Lee H, Seong Y, Bae K, Kwon S, Kwak H, Nho S, et al. Beta-secretase (BACE1) inhibitors from Sanguisorbae Radix. Arch Pharm Res. 2005;28:799-803 pubmed..84x10(-6) M and 5.13x10(-6) M. They were less inhibitory to alphasecretase (TACE) and other serine proteases such as chymotrypsin, trypsin, and elastase, suggesting that they were relatively specific inhibitors of BACE1...
- Lee M, Kim Y, Yoon W, Kim J, Kim B, Hwang Y, et al. Dlx5 specifically regulates Runx2 type II expression by binding to homeodomain-response elements in the Runx2 distal promoter. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35579-87 pubmed..In summary, Dlx5 specifically transactivates the Runx2 P1 promoter, and its action on the P1 promoter is antagonized by Msx2. ..
- Jeon S, Lee M, Lee Y, Seo H, Cho C, Tak W, et al. Clear cell hepatocellular carcinoma with spontaneous regression of primary and metastatic lesions. Korean J Intern Med. 2005;20:268-73 pubmed..A biopsy taken from the chest wall proved to be clear cell HCC (CHCC). Since then, the metastatic lesion has also disappeared. Here, we report this unusual histologically proven CHCC with literature reviews. ..
- Jung H, Sung W, Yeo S, Kim H, Lee I, Woo E, et al. Antifungal effect of amentoflavone derived from Selaginella tamariscina. Arch Pharm Res. 2006;29:746-51 pubmed..In conclusion, amentoflavone has great potential to be a lead compound for the development of antifungal agents...
- Jo K, Lee H. [Attitudes of elderly Koreans toward suicide: a Q-methodological approach]. Taehan Kanho Hakhoe Chi. 2006;36:905-16 pubmed..The results of the study indicate that different approaches of suicide prevention programs are recommended based on the three types of suicide attitudes among Korean elderly. ..
- Lee S, Sung J, Park Y. Single-stage transpedicular decompression and posterior instrumentation in treatment of thoracic and thoracolumbar spinal tuberculosis: a retrospective case series. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2006;19:595-602 pubmed
- Ko S, Han S, Lee S, Woo S, Kim M, Keum D, et al. Calcified endobronchial leiomyoma. Br J Radiol. 2007;80:e91-3 pubmed..Chest CT showed a well-defined, calcified, polypoid endobronchial mass with a broad stalk in the left main bronchus. ..
- Jeon S, Park K, Kim Y, Shin Y, Kang M, Jang B, et al. [Incidence and risk factors of acute hepatic failure after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma]. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2007;50:176-82 pubmed..The incidence of acute hepatic failure after TACE was 12.0%. Elevated bilirubin level and portal vein thrombosis could be considered as the predictive factors for acute hepatic failure after TACE in HCC patients. ..
- Lee S, Bae S, Ryoo H, Jung H, Jang S, Kum Y. Primary retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenocarcinoma: a case report and review of the literature. Korean J Intern Med. 2007;22:287-91 pubmed..Tumor excision and adjuvant chemotherapy were done and the patient is doing well without any evidence of recurrence at 42 months postoperatively. ..
- Lee H. Sudden deafness related to posterior circulation infarction in the territory of the nonanterior inferior cerebellar artery: frequency, origin, and vascular topographical pattern. Eur Neurol. 2008;59:302-6 pubmed publisher..From the known variation of the anatomy of the internal auditory artery and results of audiovestibular evaluations, SD due to non-AICA territory infarct probably results from the damage to the inner ear. ..
- Seo H, Kim Y, Lee K, Min A, Kim M, Kim H, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced activation of activating transcription factor 6 decreases insulin gene expression via up-regulation of orphan nuclear receptor small heterodimer partner. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3832-41 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study shows that ER stress-induced activation of ATF6 plays an important role in the development of beta-cell dysfunction...
- Kim J, Do Y, Park K, Kim M, Lee K, Bae S, et al. A multi-center phase II study of docetaxel plus cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with metastatic squamous cell esophageal cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2010;66:31-6 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of docetaxel and cisplatin combination chemotherapy in patients with metastatic esophageal cancer...
- Chae Y, Kim J, Sohn S, Lee S, Kang B, Moon J, et al. RIPK1 and CASP7 polymorphism as prognostic markers for survival in patients with colorectal cancer after complete resection. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:705-13 pubmed publisher..247; P = 0.031, respectively) in a multivariate survival analysis. The RIPK1 and CASP7 polymorphisms can be considered as possible prognostic markers for survival after curative resection in patients with colorectal cancer. ..
- Lee J, Yang D, Park H, Cho Y, Jeong M, Kim Y, et al. Suboptimal use of evidence-based medical therapy in patients with acute myocardial infarction from the Korea Acute Myocardial Infarction Registry: prescription rate, predictors, and prognostic value. Am Heart J. 2010;159:1012-9 pubmed publisher..The optimal evidence-based medical therapy is prescribed at suboptimal rates, particularly in patients with high-risk features. New educational strategies are needed to increase the use of these secondary preventive medical therapies. ..
- Park J, Kim H, Lee S, Lee Y, Choi U, Kang J, et al. Differential expression of intermediate filaments in the process of developing hepatic steatosis. Proteomics. 2011;11:2777-89 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that vim, like CK-18, may be a useful marker for predicting obesity and liver disease...
- Choi J, Gräser Y, Walther G, Peano A, Symoens F, de Hoog S. Microsporum mirabile and its teleomorph Arthroderma mirabile, a new dermatophyte species in the M. cookei clade. Med Mycol. 2012;50:161-9 pubmed publisher..A teleomorph was found after mating. ..
- Kwon H, Hong J, Jang S. Anatomic location and somatotopic arrangement of the corticospinal tract at the cerebral peduncle in the human brain. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2011;32:2116-9 pubmed publisher..19% and 33.59% at the lower midbrain level, respectively. We found that the hand somatotopy for the CST is located at the middle portion of the CP and the leg somatotopy is located lateral to the hand somatotopy. ..
- Jung G, Kim M, Jung Y, Kim H, Park I, Min B, et al. Clusterin attenuates the development of renal fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:73-85 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, clusterin attenuates renal fibrosis in obstructive nephropathy. These results suggest that upregulation of clusterin during renal injury is a protective response against the development of renal fibrosis. ..
- Kim E, Lee J, Song I, Kim H, Kim H, Kim J. Influence of caudal traction of ipsilateral arm on ultrasound image for supraclavicular central venous catheterization. Am J Emerg Med. 2016;34:851-5 pubmed publisher..Proper caudal traction of the arm might ensure the high success rate with safe needle insertion technique. Abduction should be avoided during US-guided supraclavicular SCV catheterization. ..
- Kim T, You H, Park J, Lee J, Choo M, Park W, et al. Persistence of solifenacin therapy in patients with overactive bladder in the clinical setting: a prospective, multicenter, observational study. Int J Clin Pract. 2016;70:351-7 pubmed publisher..71-0.97). There was low persistence (22%) to solifenacin therapy for OAB symptoms over a 12-month period. Older patients, female patients and those with fewer episodes of nocturia were more persistent to therapy than were others. ..
- Park J, Park J, Kim E, Cha S, Lee E, Kim C, et al. Myeloperoxidase -463G>A polymorphism and risk of primary lung cancer in a Korean population. Cancer Detect Prev. 2006;30:257-61 pubmed..These results suggest that the MPO -463G>A polymorphism does not significantly affect the susceptibility to lung cancer in Koreans. ..
- Jeon I, Choi C, Seo J, Seo K, Ko S, Park J. Arthroscopic management of septic arthritis of the shoulder joint. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006;88:1802-6 pubmed..Underlying medical diseases such as diabetes, prior injections, or a preexisting rotator cuff tear were seen in a high proportion of these patients. ..
- Hwang J, Park M, Kang Y, Kim S, Suh S, Kam S. Advanced criteria for clinicopathological diagnosis of food protein-induced proctocolitis. J Korean Med Sci. 2007;22:213-7 pubmed..Histologic diagnosis of FPIPC is compatible with eosinophils in the lamina propria of >or=60 cells/10 high power fields; however, >20 cells/HPF is not an appropriate diagnostic criterion. ..
- Jung H, Seu Y, Lee D. Candicidal action of resveratrol isolated from grapes on human pathogenic yeast C. albicans. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;17:1324-9 pubmed..albicans occured. Therefore, the fungicidal effects of resveratrol demonstrate that this compound is a potential candidate as an antifungal agent in treating infectious diseases by candidal infections. ..
- Woo H, Song S, Kim Y, Bai C. Arteriovenous malformation of the external ear: a case report. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2008;35:556-8 pubmed publisher..We successfully treated the patient for the AVM in the external ear by complete excision after preoperative selective embolization. ..
- Nam J, Jung M, Thapa N, Lee B, Park R, Kim I. T-CAM, a fastatin-FIII 9-10 fusion protein, potently enhances anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor activity via alphavbeta3 and alpha5beta1 integrins. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:196-207 pubmed..The strategy of combining two distinct anti-angiogenic molecules or cell adhesion domains could facilitate designing improved anticancer agent of therapeutic value. ..
- Cho Y, Yi S, Lim J, Kim D, Motamedi G. Autosomal dominant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy and mild memory impairment associated with CHRNB2 mutation I312M in the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor. Epilepsy Behav. 2008;13:361-5 pubmed publisher..The absence of clear motor features of NFLE in the daughter emphasizes the shortcomings of current clinical criteria and the potential for genetic testing to further guide clinical diagnostic criteria...
- Song K, Kang C, Min B, Bae K, Cho C, Lee J. Closed reduction and internal fixation of displaced unstable lateral condylar fractures of the humerus in children. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008;90:2673-81 pubmed publisher..If fracture displacement after closed reduction exceeds 2 mm, open reduction and internal fixation is recommended. ..
- Lee D, Jacobs D. Is serum gamma-glutamyltransferase a marker of exposure to various environmental pollutants?. Free Radic Res. 2009;43:533-7 pubmed publisher..As a marker of the amount of conjugated xenobiotics, recent epidemiological findings about serum GGT imply the possibility of harmful effects of various environmental pollutants at background levels currently regarded as safe. ..
- Lee W, Jung H, Chi S, Kim B, Lee S, Kim D, et al. Effect of dihydrotestosterone on the upregulation of inflammatory cytokines in cultured sebocytes. Arch Dermatol Res. 2010;302:429-33 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that DHT may not only be involved in sebum production but also in production of proinflammatory cytokines in acne. ..
- Park J, Jin J, Baek W, Park S, Sung H, Kim Y, et al. Ambivalent role of gallated catechins in glucose tolerance in humans: a novel insight into non-absorbable gallated catechin-derived inhibitors of glucose absorption. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60:101-9 pubmed..These findings encourage the development of non-absorbable derivatives of gallated catechins for preventative treatment of type 2 diabetes and obesity, which would specifically induce only the positive luminal effect. ..
- Kim J, Choi Y, Jin G, Kang H, Choi J, Jeon H, et al. Association of a common AGO1 variant with lung cancer risk: a two-stage case-control study. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:913-21 pubmed publisher..53-0.84, P = 4.0 × 10(-4)). This finding suggests that the AGO1 rs636832A?>?G might be a useful marker for determining the susceptibility to lung cancer and that the AGO1 gene might be involved in the development of lung cancer. ..
- Kim E, Suk K, Lee W. SHPS-1 and a synthetic peptide representing its ITIM inhibit the MyD88, but not TRIF, pathway of TLR signaling through activation of SHP and PI3K in THP-1 cells. Inflamm Res. 2013;62:377-86 pubmed publisher..SHPS-1 negatively regulates the MyD88-dependent TLR signaling pathway through the inhibition of NF-?B activation. ..
- Parajuli B, Lee H, Kwon S, Cha S, Shin S, Lee G, et al. Salinomycin inhibits Akt/NF-?B and induces apoptosis in cisplatin resistant ovarian cancer cells. Cancer Epidemiol. 2013;37:512-7 pubmed publisher..The result suggested that salinomycin-induced apoptosis in A2780cis was associated with inhibition of Akt/NF-?B. It may become a potential chemotherapeutic agent for the cisplatin resistant ovarian cancer therapy. ..
- Shin J, Jeong Y, Cho H, Park K, Chung I, Lee I, et al. Melittin suppresses HIF-1?/VEGF expression through inhibition of ERK and mTOR/p70S6K pathway in human cervical carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69380 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MEL may inhibit human cervical cancer progression and angiogenesis by inhibiting HIF-1? and VEGF expression. ..
- Kim D, Kang C, Kim D, Kim S, Lee S, Jeong J, et al. External validation of the prognostic index in acute paraquat poisoning. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2016;35:366-70 pubmed publisher..842 (95% confidence interval: 0.795-0.882). The Yamaguchi index is a reliable prognostic factor and could be helpful in predicting mortality due to PQ poisoning. ..
- Min K, Kim W, Jang S, Choi Y, Chang S, Jung S, et al. Comparison of EGFR mutation detection between the tissue and cytology using direct sequencing, pyrosequencing and peptide nucleic acid clamping in lung adenocarcinoma: Korean multicentre study. QJM. 2016;109:167-73 pubmed publisher..In EGFR mutation negative patients who are difficult to obtain tissue, repeating test using pyrosequencing or PNA clamping is recommended to improve the detection rate of EGFR mutation than only one, especially in cytology. ..
- Lee J, Kim B, Kim T, Lee S, Park H, Chung K, et al. A Food Effect Study of an Oral Thrombin Inhibitor and Prodrug Approach To Mitigate It. Mol Pharm. 2016;13:1197-205 pubmed publisher..Trypsin binding study is proposed as a screening tool during lead optimization to minimize food effect. ..
- Lee H, Min C, Lee J, Kim K, Kim S, Yoon D, et al. The clinical impact of thalidomide maintenance after autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma in real clinical practice of Korea. Ann Hematol. 2016;95:911-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, thalidomide maintenance might be also useful for patients who have shown less than CR after ASCT. ..
- Kang G, Hong H, Lee I, Ahn K, Kim J, Choi D. Ganciclovir and Foscarnet Therapy of Cytomegalovirus-Associated Meningoencephalitis in a Hemodialysis Patient With Liver Transplantation: Case Report. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1208-11 pubmed publisher..Intravenous foscarnet at reduced dose was added to ganciclovir therapy. With combined ganciclovir and foscarnet, there was a slight improvement in her mental state and brain MRI. ..
- Lee W, Ku S, Kim M, Bae J. Anti-factor Xa activities of zingerone with anti-platelet aggregation activity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;105:186-193 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that ZGR could serve as candidates and provide scaffolds for the development of new anti-FXa and anti-platelet drugs. ..
- Rim C, Ahn S, Kim J, Yoon W, Chun M, Yang D, et al. An assessment of quality of life for early phase after adjuvant radiotherapy in breast cancer survivors: a Korean multicenter survey (KROG 14-09). Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2017;15:96 pubmed publisher..This research provides comprehensive information on the categorical aspects of QoL and changes during early follow-up after breast cancer treatment. ..
- Cho S, Park J, Liu Y, Park Y, Kim J, Yang H, et al. Sporadic Early-Onset Diffuse Gastric Cancers Have High Frequency of Somatic CDH1 Alterations, but Low Frequency of Somatic RHOA Mutations Compared With Late-Onset Cancers. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:536-549.e26 pubmed publisher..Female predominance in early-onset gastric cancer may be related to relatively high rates of somatic CDH1 and TGFBR1 mutations in this population. ..
- Kim Y, Lee J, Son M, Park W, Bae Y. Phosphorylation of threonine 10 on CKBBP1/SAG/ROC2/Rbx2 by protein kinase CKII promotes the degradation of IkappaBalpha and p27Kip1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28462-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that CKII may control IkappaBalpha and p27Kip1 degradation and thereby G1/S phase transition through the phosphorylation of threonine 10 within CKBBP1. ..
- Cho B, Kim J, Yang J, Lee D, Chung H, Park J. Influence of the Furlow palatoplasty for patients with submucous cleft palate on facial growth. J Craniofac Surg. 2004;15:547-54; discussion 555 pubmed
- Lee H, Ahn B, Baloh R. Sudden deafness with vertigo as a sole manifestation of anterior inferior cerebellar artery infarction. J Neurol Sci. 2004;222:105-7 pubmed..T2-weighted and diffusion-weighted MRI showed a tiny infarct in the right lateral inferior pontine tegmentum. AICA occlusion can cause sudden deafness and vertigo without brainstem or cerebellar signs. ..
- Lee H, Baloh R. Sudden deafness in vertebrobasilar ischemia: clinical features, vascular topographical patterns and long-term outcome. J Neurol Sci. 2005;228:99-104 pubmed..Sudden deafness due to VBI often has a good outcome. There is topographic heterogeneity of ischemic lesions on brain MRI in patients with sudden deafness due to VBI. ..
- Lee G, Jang J, Lee S, Jeon H, Kim K, Choi J, et al. XPC polymorphisms and lung cancer risk. Int J Cancer. 2005;115:807-13 pubmed..88, 95% CI 1.41-5.87, p = 0.004 and Bonferroni-corrected p = 0.028). These results suggest that XPC polymorphisms/haplotypes may contribute to genetic susceptibility for lung cancer. ..
- Cho D, Cha H, Chang H, Kim S, Chung J, Kim J, et al. Risk factors for specific methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clones in a Korean hospital. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;57:1122-7 pubmed..Risk factors were significantly different between ST239 and ST5 strains. The results of this study will be of use in designing larger prospective epidemiological studies for MRSA infection based on clonal types. ..
- Jun D, Kim J, Park H, Han C, Fang Z, Woo M, et al. Apoptogenic activity of auraptene of Zanthoxylum schinifolium toward human acute leukemia Jurkat T cells is associated with ER stress-mediated caspase-8 activation that stimulates mitochondria-dependent or -independent caspase cascade. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:1303-13 pubmed
- Jang B, Sung S, Park J, Park J, Bae J, Shin D, et al. Glucosamine hydrochloride specifically inhibits COX-2 by preventing COX-2 N-glycosylation and by increasing COX-2 protein turnover in a proteasome-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27622-32 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that GS-HCl inhibits COX-2 activity by preventing COX-2 co-translational N-glycosylation and by facilitating COX-2 protein turnover during translation in a proteasome-dependent manner. ..
- Park I, Choi G, Lim K, Kang B, Jun S. Serum carcinoembryonic antigen monitoring after curative resection for colorectal cancer: clinical significance of the preoperative level. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009;16:3087-93 pubmed publisher..Postoperative serum CEA surveillance is used most effectively when patients have high preoperative serum CEA levels. Considering the DI of 0 in 18.8% of the patients, the current CEA surveillance schedule might be changed. ..