Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on homeodomain proteins in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: homeodomain proteins
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- Lim H, Seo E, Kim G, Ahn H, Lee H, Shin K, et al. Comparison between aniridia with and without PAX6 mutations: clinical and molecular analysis in 14 Korean patients with aniridia. Ophthalmology. 2012;119:1258-64 pubmed publisher..The authors have no proprietary or commercial interest in any of the materials discussed in this article. ..
- Kim H, Woo J, Joo H, Moon W. Cardiac transcription factor Nkx2.5 is downregulated under excessive O-GlcNAcylation condition. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38053 pubmed publisher..Thus, excessive O-GlcNAcylation causes downregulation of Nkx2.5, which may be an underlying contributing factor for the development of diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Kim H, Koo B, Cho J, Kim Y, Seong J, Chang H, et al. Notch1 counteracts WNT/?-catenin signaling through chromatin modification in colorectal cancer. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:3248-59 pubmed publisher..Notch is known to be a strong promoter of tumor initiation, but here we uncovered an unexpected suppressive role of Notch1 on WNT/?-catenin target genes involved in colorectal cancer...
- Koo B, Lim H, Chang H, Yoon M, Choi Y, Kong M, et al. Notch signaling promotes the generation of EphrinB1-positive intestinal epithelial cells. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:145-55, 155.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Notch signaling regulates formation of the EphB2-EphrinB1 boundary in the mouse intestinal epithelium. ..
- Hwang J, Seok O, Song H, Jo J, Lee J. HOXC10 as a potential marker for discriminating between amnion- and decidua-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Cloning Stem Cells. 2009;11:269-79 pubmed publisher..HOX gene activation patterns might be a useful indicator for the detection of MSCs of different tissue origins. We demonstrated that HOXC10 is a gene that may discriminate between amnion-derived MSCs and decidua-derived MSCs. ..
- Won H, Sohn J, Min H, Lee K, Woo H, Ho Y, et al. Glutathione peroxidase 1 deficiency attenuates allergen-induced airway inflammation by suppressing Th2 and Th17 cell development. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;13:575-87 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that GPx1-dependent control of intracellular ROS accumulation is important not only for regulation of Th cell proliferation but for modulation of differentiation into Th1, Th2, and Th17 cells. ..
- Kim S, Hwang S, Chung I, Lee J. Sequence-specific binding to telomeric DNA by CEH-37, a homeodomain protein in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28038-44 pubmed..The identification of CEH-37 as a telomere-binding protein may represent an evolutionary conservation of telomere-binding proteins in terms of tertiary protein structure rather than primary amino acid sequence. ..
- Lee Y, Song D, Yoo J, Hyung K, Lee M, Moon Y, et al. Protective functions of peroxiredoxin-1 against cytokine-induced MIN6 pancreatic ?-cell line death. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013;91:1037-43 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results of this study suggest possible protective roles of the antioxidant enzyme PRX-1 in the insulinoma cell line MIN6 and possibly in pancreatic ?-cells under T1D conditions. ..
- Son O, Cho H, Kim M, Lee H, Lee M, Song E, et al. Induction of a homeodomain-leucine zipper gene by auxin is inhibited by cytokinin in Arabidopsis roots. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;326:203-9 pubmed..3 to 0.6mm from the root tip. These results suggest that ATHB53 plays a regulatory role in auxin/cytokinin signaling during root development. ..
- Shin J, Bae J, Lee A, Jung C, Yim H, Park J, et al. CK7, CK20, CDX2 and MUC2 Immunohistochemical staining used to distinguish metastatic colorectal carcinoma involving ovary from primary ovarian mucinous adenocarcinoma. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010;40:208-13 pubmed publisher..Obtaining the correct diagnosis is difficult but crucial to treatment and prognosis...
- Yoon H, Wong J. The corepressors silencing mediator of retinoid and thyroid hormone receptor and nuclear receptor corepressor are involved in agonist- and antagonist-regulated transcription by androgen receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1048-60 pubmed
- Na Y, Seok S, Kim D, Han J, Kim T, Jung H, et al. Isolation and characterization of spheroid cells from human malignant melanoma cell line WM-266-4. Tumour Biol. 2009;30:300-9 pubmed publisher..However, the existence of spheroid cells in WM-266-4, a human malignant metastatic melanoma cell line, has not yet been reported...
- Do H, Lee W, Lim H, Oh J, Kim D, Kim J, et al. Two potent transactivation domains in the C-terminal region of human NANOG mediate transcriptional activation in human embryonic carcinoma cells. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:1079-89 pubmed publisher..The results of the current study contribute to a better understanding of the complicated molecular machinery of stem cell transcription factors and their role in unregulated proliferation in germ cell tumorigenesis. ..
- Jo S, Lee H, Kim S, Hwang E, Park J, Kang S, et al. Inhibition of PCGF2 enhances granulocytic differentiation of acute promyelocytic leukemia cell line HL-60 via induction of HOXA7. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;416:86-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we report that PCGF2, a PRC1 gene, played a negative role in the granulocytic differentiation of human APL cells. ..
- Choi S, Oh C, Kim S, Kim Y, Jeon S. Effects of Polycomb group mutations on the expression of Ultrabithorax in the Drosophila visceral mesoderm. Mol Cells. 2000;10:156-61 pubmed
- Mun J, Lee S, Yu H, Jeong Y, Shin M, Kim H, et al. Petunia actin-depolymerizing factor is mainly accumulated in vascular tissue and its gene expression is enhanced by the first intron. Gene. 2002;292:233-43 pubmed..These results suggest that PhADF1 gene of petunia is mainly expressed in vascular tissues and its expression is regulated by intron-mediated enhancement mechanism. ..
- Kim H, Kim Y, Lee D, Chung J, Kim S. In vivo imaging of functional targeting of miR-221 in papillary thyroid carcinoma. J Nucl Med. 2008;49:1686-93 pubmed publisher..The bioluminescence imaging system using CMV/Gluc_3' UTR of HOXB5 is a useful tool for noninvasive in vivo long-term monitoring of functional targeting of miR-221. ..
- Lee M, Kim J, Kim K. miR-124a is important for migratory cell fate transition during gastrulation of human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1550-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that miR-124a may play an active role in inhibiting hESCs from differentiation into EB by downregulating expression of SLUG and IQGAP1, thereby maintaining stemness. ..
- Ryoo H, Woo J, Kim Y, Lee C. Heterogeneity of genetic associations of CDKAL1 and HHEX with susceptibility of type 2 diabetes mellitus by gender. Eur J Hum Genet. 2011;19:672-5 pubmed publisher..005), but not in males (P>0.005). We suggested heterogeneous genetic associations of the T2DM susceptibility with the CDKAL1 and HHEX genes by gender. ..
- Hwang H, Kim H, Jeong Y, Choi M, Lee S, Kim S. Overexpression of EVE1, a novel ubiquitin family protein, arrests inflorescence stem development in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4571-81 pubmed publisher..The eve1-D mutation provides a way to study the regulatory mechanisms that control phase transition from the vegetative to the reproductive state. ..
- Cho Y, Kim W, Yoon W, Woo K, Baek J, Lee G, et al. Wnt3a stimulates Mepe, matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein, expression directly by the activation of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway and indirectly through the stimulation of autocrine Bmp-2 expression. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2287-96 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Wnt3a stimulates Mepe transcription directly by a canonical Wnt signaling pathway through ?-catenin and Lef-1 and indirectly through the activation of a Bmp-2 autocrine loop. ..
- Suh Y, Yoon C, Kim R, Lim E, Oh Y, Hwang S, et al. Claudin-1 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition through activation of the c-Abl-ERK signaling pathway in human liver cells. Oncogene. 2013;32:4873-82 pubmed publisher..The present observations suggest that CLDN1 could be exploited as a biomarker for liver cancer metastasis and might provide a pivotal point for therapeutic intervention in HCC. ..
- Lim J, Yoon S, Seol S, Hong S, Kim J, Choi S, et al. Overexpression of miR-196b and HOXA10 characterize a poor-prognosis gastric cancer subtype. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:7078-88 pubmed publisher..Co-activation of miR-196b and HOXA10 characterized a poor-prognosis subgroup of patients with gastric cancer. Elucidation of the biologic function of miR-196b and HOXA10 is warranted. ..
- Moon S, Lee Y, Kim W, Lee W. Solution structure of CEH-37 homeodomain of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:370-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that C. elegans homeodomain protein, CEH-37 could play an important role in telomere function via DNA binding. ..
- Cho S, Hoang Q, Phee J, Kim Y, Shin H, Shin J. Modified suppression subtractive hybridization identifies an AP2-containing protein involved in metal responses in Physcomitrella patens. Mol Cells. 2007;23:100-7 pubmed..In addition, it was highly expressed in suspension-cultured protonema. We suggest that PpACP1 is involved in responses to metals, and that suspension culture enhance the expression of genes responding to metals...
- Seo W, Jee B, Moon S. Expression of endometrial protein markers in infertile women and the association with subsequent in vitro fertilization outcome. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:2707-10 pubmed publisher..0 ± 3.9 vs. 2.9 ± 3.4) and thus could be a predicting marker for subsequent IVF pregnancy. ..
- Ruthala K, Gadi J, Lee J, Yoon H, Chung H, Kim M. Hoxc8 downregulates Mgl1 tumor suppressor gene expression and reduces its concomitant function on cell adhesion. Mol Cells. 2011;32:273-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that Hoxc8 downregulates Mgl1 expression via direct binding to the promoter region, which in turn reduces cell adhesion and concomitant cell migration. ..
- Do H, Lim H, Kim J, Song H, Chung H, Kim J. An intact homeobox domain is required for complete nuclear localization of human Nanog. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:770-5 pubmed..A series of deletion and site-directed mutagenesis within the HD revealed that two basic NLS motifs are located at the N-terminus and C-terminus of the HD and that both motifs are required for complete hNanog nuclear localization. ..
- Hyun H, Kim J. Thickness and microhardness of deciduous tooth enamel with known DLX3 mutation. Arch Oral Biol. 2009;54:830-4 pubmed publisher..This study shows that enamel affected by a 2-bp deletion in DLX3 has reduced thickness as well as diminished microhardness. These data may explain the severe attrition and interdental spacing observed in affected individuals. ..
- Lee H, Yi T, Woo K, Ryoo H, Kim G, Baek J. Msx2 mediates the inhibitory action of TNF-alpha on osteoblast differentiation. Exp Mol Med. 2010;42:437-45 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Msx2 mediates the inhibitory action of TNF-alpha on BMP2-regulated osteoblast differentiation and that the TNF-alpha-activated NF-kappaB pathway is responsible for Msx2 induction. ..
- Kang J, Lee B, Kim N, Lee H, Lee H, Park J, et al. CDX1 and CDX2 expression in intestinal metaplasia, dysplasia and gastric cancer. J Korean Med Sci. 2011;26:647-53 pubmed publisher..001, respectively). Aberrant expression of CDX1 and CDX2 correlated with H. pylori infection and grade of IM in the body. Furthermore, the results suggest that CDX1 and CDX2 play a role in the progression to GC and dysplasia. ..
- Song S, Balce G, Agashe M, Lee H, Hong S, Park Y, et al. New proposed clinico-radiologic and molecular criteria in hypochondroplasia: FGFR 3 gene mutations are not the only cause of hypochondroplasia. Am J Med Genet A. 2012;158A:2456-62 pubmed publisher..Also, the 56.9% of HCH patients with negative mutations for FGFR3 suggests that there are other undiscovered gene mutations associated with this phenotypic entity. ..
- Kim J, Kim J, Kim B, Chung H, Lee Y, Park C, et al. Identification and functional characterization of an alternative splice variant within the fourth exon of human nanog. Exp Mol Med. 2005;37:601-7 pubmed..We conclude that, despite the difference in primary structure and expression pattern in various stem cells, the alternatively-spliced variant of Nanog has similar activity to that of the full length version. ..
- Park K, Moon S, Kim S, Jeon S. Ectopic Repo suppresses expression of castor gene in Drosophila central nervous system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:187-92 pubmed publisher..However, repo gain-of-function mutation caused repression of cas. In addition, repo-expressing cells seemed to block the migration of cas-expressing cells. ..
- Heo J, Lee J. ?-Catenin mediates cyclic strain-stimulated cardiomyogenesis in mouse embryonic stem cells through ROS-dependent and integrin-mediated PI3K/Akt pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:1880-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that ?-catenin-mediated signaling is required for cyclic strain-stimulated cardiomyogenesis through ROS-dependent and integrin-mediated PI3K-Akt signaling cascades. ..
- Kim J, Park D, Bae H, Park D, Kim D, Lee C, et al. Impaired angiopoietin/Tie2 signaling compromises Schlemm's canal integrity and induces glaucoma. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3877-3896 pubmed publisher..The impairment of this system underlies POAG-associated pathogenesis, supporting the possibility that Tie2 agonists could be a therapeutic option for glaucoma. ..
- Yamamoto H, Cho S, Song S, Hwang H, Lee M, Kim J, et al. Characteristic tissue interaction of the diastema region in mice. Arch Oral Biol. 2005;50:189-98 pubmed..In conclusion, it is suggested that the condensed mesenchyme may be the key to tooth development...
- Yang H, Do H, Kim D, Park J, Chang W, Chung H, et al. Transcriptional regulation of human Oct4 by steroidogenic factor-1. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:1198-209 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate that SF-1 plays a crucial role in the regulation of hOct4 transcription through direct binding to the 1st SF-1 in CR1 of the hOct4 proximal promoter. ..
- Cho Y, Song J, Kim C, Lee Y, Kim S, Nam S, et al. Genetic alterations of the ATBF1 gene in gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:4355-9 pubmed..These results suggest that genetic alteration of the ATBF1 gene may contribute to the aggressive nature of gastric cancers and the production of AFP in gastric cancer cells. ..
- Suresh B, Ramakrishna S, Kim Y, Kim S, Kim M, Baek K. Stability and function of mammalian lethal giant larvae-1 oncoprotein are regulated by the scaffolding protein RanBPM. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35340-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal that RanBPM plays a novel role in regulating Mgl-1 stability and contributes to its biological function as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Park H, Choi H, Kim J, Kim M, Rho S, Hwang D, et al. Homeobox D1 regulates angiogenic functions of endothelial cells via integrin ?1 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:186-92 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identified the putative HOXD1-binding sites in the promoter region of ITGB1. Together, these findings suggest that HOXD1 plays a significant role in EC functions by regulating the expression of ITGB1. ..
- Han S, Ryu J, Oh C, Nam K, Nam H, Jang I, et al. The moleskin gene product is essential for Caudal-mediated constitutive antifungal Drosomycin gene expression in Drosophila epithelia. Insect Mol Biol. 2004;13:323-7 pubmed..These in vivo data suggest that DIM-7 mediates Caudal nuclear localization, which is important for the proper Caudal function necessary for regulating innate immune genes in Drosophila. ..
- Sull J, Liang K, Hetmanski J, Fallin M, Ingersoll R, Park J, et al. Maternal transmission effects of the PAX genes among cleft case-parent trios from four populations. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:831-9 pubmed publisher..PAX genes may influence the risk of CL/P through maternal effects, possibly imprinting, which seems to be stronger among male cases. ..
- Gong S, Lee S, Lee E, Kim D, Lee G, Chi S, et al. Embryonic stem cell-like cells established by culture of adult ovarian cells in mice. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:2594-601, 2601.e1-9 pubmed publisher..To suggest an alternative strategy for deriving histocompatible stems cells without undertaking genetic manipulation...
- Jeoung J, Kim M, Park S, Kim S, Ko H, Wee W, et al. VSX1 gene and keratoconus: genetic analysis in Korean patients. Cornea. 2012;31:746-50 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the VSX1 gene and its mutations with amino acid changes do not play a major role in the pathogenesis of keratoconus. ..
- Jami A, Gadi J, Lee M, Kim E, Lee M, Jung H, et al. Pax6 expressed in osteocytes inhibits canonical Wnt signaling. Mol Cells. 2013;35:305-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that Pax6 is expressed in bone and may play an important role in osteocyte differentiation by controlling canonical Wnt signaling...
- Min W, Woo H, Lee C, Lee K, Yoon W, Park H, et al. 307-bp fragment in HOXA7 upstream sequence is sufficient for anterior boundary formation. DNA Cell Biol. 1998;17:293-9 pubmed..In addition, our deletion experiments revealed that the HCR consisted of several cis-acting elements which were individually capable of driving regionally restricted expression patterns in the neural tube and limb buds. ..
- Chang J, Jeon S, Kim S. The hierarchical relationship among the spitz/Egfr signaling genes in cell fate determination in the Drosophila ventral neuroectoderm. Mol Cells. 2003;15:186-93 pubmed..Our findings suggest the following hierarchical relationship among the spi/Egfr genes: [see text]. ..
- Jo A, Im J, Lee H, Jang D, Nam G, Mishra A, et al. Evolutionary conservation and expression of miR-10a-3p in olive flounder and rock bream. Gene. 2017;628:16-23 pubmed publisher..In addition, the data provides fundamental information for further study of the complex interaction between miR-10a-3p and gene expression. ..
- Lim K, Chang H. O-GlcNAc inhibits interaction between Sp1 and Elf-1 transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:569-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that O-GlcNAc inhibits Sp1-mediated gene transcription possibly by interrupting Sp1 interaction with its cooperative factor. ..
- Kim H, Ahn H, Lee H, Lee K, Lee S, Kim H, et al. Obox4 regulates the expression of histone family genes and promotes differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:605-11 pubmed publisher..The results of microarray analysis and siRNA mediated knockdown experiments suggest that Obox4 is an upstream regulator of the histone gene family. ..
- Lee E, Ryu G, Moon S, Ko S, Ahn Y, Song K. Reprogramming of enteroendocrine K cells to pancreatic ?-cells through the combined expression of Nkx6.1 and Neurogenin3, and reaggregation in suspension culture. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1021-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that K cells could be reprogrammed partially to ?-cells through the combined expression of Nkx6.1 and Neurogenin3, and reaggregation in suspension culture. ..
- Yoon J, Choi S, Kim O, Choi W, Park Y, Nam S, et al. Inactivation of NKX6.3 in the stomach leads to abnormal expression of CDX2 and SOX2 required for gastric-to-intestinal transdifferentiation. Mod Pathol. 2016;29:194-208 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that NKX6.3 might function as a master regulator of gastric differentiation by affecting SOX2 and CDX2 expression and the NKX6.3 inactivation may result in intestinal metaplasia in gastric epithelial cells. ..
- Park K, Kim K, Rho S, Choi K, Kim D, Oh S, et al. Homeobox Msx1 interacts with p53 tumor suppressor and inhibits tumor growth by inducing apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:749-57 pubmed..The identification of a novel function of Msx1 as a p53 regulator may open new avenues for developing improved molecular therapies for tumors with a nonmutational p53 inactivation mechanism. ..
- Cho Y, Yoon W, Woo K, Baek J, Lee G, Cho J, et al. Molecular regulation of matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein expression by bone morphogenetic protein-2. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25230-40 pubmed publisher..Collectively, MEPE expression is bone cell-specific and induced by the BMP-2 signaling pathway. In addition, the MEPE/PHEX ratio of the cell could be a very important barometer indicating the progression of tissue mineralization. ..
- Kim J, Choi Y, Cho Y, Hong M, Chae S, Hwang K, et al. Polycystic ovary syndrome is not associated with polymorphisms of the TCF7L2, CDKAL1, HHEX, KCNJ11, FTO and SLC30A8 genes. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;77:439-45 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the six type 2 diabetes-associated genes identified in genome-wide association studies are not associated with PCOS. ..
- Chang H, Shin B, Kim A, Kim H, Kim B. DNA methylation analysis for the diagnosis of thyroid nodules - a pilot study with reference to BRAF(V) (600E) mutation and cytopathology results. Cytopathology. 2016;27:122-30 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed on larger samples to assess the potential value of methylation analysis of thyroid FNA. ..
- Kim S, Park J, Choi M, Kim H, Park J, Jung Y, et al. Zinc-fingers and homeoboxes 1 (ZHX1) binds DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 3B to enhance DNMT3B-mediated transcriptional repression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:318-23 pubmed..These results showed for the first the direct linkage between DNMT and zinc-fingers homeoboxes protein, leading to enhanced gene silencing by DNMT3B. ..
- Ramakrishna S, Suresh B, Lim K, Cha B, Lee S, Kim K, et al. PEST motif sequence regulating human NANOG for proteasomal degradation. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:1511-9 pubmed publisher..Deletion of the PEST motif reduced ubiquitination of NANOG, leading to NANOG stabilization. Collectively, these results indicate that the expression level, stability, and activity of NANOG are modulated by post-translational mechanisms. ..
- Kim J, Seo J, Yim H, Kang S. Homeoprotein Hbx4 represses the expression of the adhesion molecule DdCAD-1 governing cytokinesis and development. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1864-72 pubmed publisher..Moreover, constitutively expressed DdCAD-1 in Hbx4(OE) rescued the defects in cytokinesis and development. These results suggest that Hbx4 modulates DdCAD-1-mediated cytokinesis and cell-type proportioning. ..
- Koh S, Baik W, Noh M, Cho G, Kim H, Kim K, et al. The functional deficiency of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells in ALS patients is proportional to disease progression rate. Exp Neurol. 2012;233:472-80 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that healthy allogeneic BM-MSCs might be a better option for cell therapy in ALS patients. ..
- Jeong H, Yoo D, Kim D, Yeo H, Cho S, Hyeon J, et al. Neuroprotective effect of PEP-1-peroxiredoxin2 on CA1 regions in the hippocampus against ischemic insult. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:2321-30 pubmed publisher..PEP-1-PRX2 could be a potential therapeutic agent for oxidative stress-induced brain diseases such as ischemia. ..
- Song I, Oh A, Kim J, Choi Y, Jeon Y, Ryu J, et al. The involvement of protein kinase C-Îµ in isoflurane induced preconditioning of human embryonic stem cell--derived Nkx2.5(+) cardiac progenitor cells. BMC Anesthesiol. 2016;16:13 pubmed publisher..0 Â± 3.2% and 10.6 Â± 3.8% respectively). Both PKC and PKC-Îµ are involved in isoflurane-induced preconditioning of human embryonic stem cells -derived Nkx2.5(+) Cardiac progenitor cells under oxidative stress. ..
- Oh J, Do H, Yang H, Moon S, Cha K, Chung H, et al. Identification of a putative transactivation domain in human Nanog. Exp Mol Med. 2005;37:250-4 pubmed
- Han K, Lee J, Kwon S, Park S, Shim S, Kim H, et al. Human amnion-derived mesenchymal stem cells are a potential source for uterine stem cell therapy. Cell Prolif. 2008;41:709-25 pubmed publisher..We have previously shown that human amnion-derived mesenchymal (HAM) cells exhibit certain mesenchymal stem cell-like characteristics with respect to expression of stem cell markers and differentiation potentials...
- Kang D, Jung K, Kim S, Jeon S. Computational-aided identification of genes regulated by the Drosophila vnd. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:355-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results obtained from this study indicate that expression of at least four genes, uzip, CG7687, SytIV, and ase, are regulated by Vnd. ..
- Min H, Lee J, Bok J, Chung H, Kim M. Proliferating cell nuclear antigen (Pcna) as a direct downstream target gene of Hoxc8. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:543-7 pubmed publisher..Direct binding of Hoxc8 proteins to the Pcna regulatory sequence was verified by chromatin immunoprecipitation assay. Taken together, our data suggest that Pcna is a direct downstream target of Hoxc8. ..
- Lee H, Jang S, Chun S, Park S, Kim D, Choi J. Comparison of genetic and epigenetic alterations at 11 tumor suppressor loci in pulmonary sclerosing hemangioma and adenocarcinoma. Exp Lung Res. 2011;37:344-53 pubmed publisher..5%, 33.3%, and 33.3%, respectively. The results show that pulmonary SH and adenocarcinoma share similar genetic and epigenetic aberrations, but also exhibit significant differences, especially in tumor suppressor genes...
- Lee M, Nam E, Kim S, Kim S, Kim J, Kim Y. Prognostic impact of the cancer stem cell-related marker NANOG in ovarian serous carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:1489-96 pubmed publisher..031). Positive NANOG expression is associated with poor prognosis of ovarian serous carcinoma. NANOG has potential as a predictor of survival for patients with ovarian carcinomas and may be involved in the mechanism of chemoresistance. ..
- Lee J, Park M, Park J, Lee H, Shin D, Kang Y, et al. Loss of the polycomb protein Mel-18 enhances the epithelial-mesenchymal transition by ZEB1 and ZEB2 expression through the downregulation of miR-205 in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2014;33:1325-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Mel-18 functions as a tumor suppressor by its novel negative control of the EMT, achieved through regulating the expression of miR-205 and its target genes, ZEB1 and ZEB2. ..
- Ryu J, Nam K, Oh C, Nam H, Kim S, Yoon J, et al. The homeobox gene Caudal regulates constitutive local expression of antimicrobial peptide genes in Drosophila epithelia. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:172-85 pubmed..These results suggest that certain epithelial tissues have evolved a unique constitutive innate immune strategy by recruiting a developmental "master control" gene. ..
- Kang S, Kim S, Kim S, Jeon S. Temporal and spatial expression of homeotic genes is important for segment-specific neuroblast 6-4 lineage formation in Drosophila. Mol Cells. 2006;21:436-42 pubmed..Our results indicate that temporal and spa-tial expression of the homeotic genes is important to determine segmental-specificity of NB6-4 daughter cells along the anterior-posterior (A/P) axis. ..
- Kim Y, Son O, Kim M, Nam K, Kim G, Lee M, et al. ATHB23, an Arabidopsis class I homeodomain-leucine zipper gene, is expressed in the adaxial region of young leaves. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:1179-85 pubmed..These results indicate that ATHB23 is under the control of GA and other activators such as PHB, and is involved in establishing polarity during leaf development. ..
- Kim S, Kim H, Kim S, Jeon S, Kim S. CNS midline cells influence the division and survival of lateral glia in the Drosophila nervous system. Genesis. 2007;45:266-74 pubmed..This study demonstrated that CNS midline cells are extrinsically required for the proper division, migration, and survival of various classes of lateral glia from the ventral neuroectoderm. ..
- Lim J, Kim W, Kim J, Park S. Involvement of TGF-beta1 signaling in cardiomyocyte differentiation from P19CL6 cells. Mol Cells. 2007;24:431-6 pubmed..5. Taken together, these results suggest that TGF-beta1 is involved in cardiomyocyte differentiation by regulating cell cycle progression and cardiac gene expression in an autocrine or paracrine manner. ..
- Kim S, Park S, Kim K, Rho H, Chi M, Choi J, et al. Homeobox transcription factors are required for conidiation and appressorium development in the rice blast fungus Magnaporthe oryzae. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000757 pubmed publisher..The divergent roles of this gene set may help reveal how the genome and regulatory pathways evolved within the rice blast pathogen and close relatives. ..
- Kwon M, Lee G, Lee M, Kim J, Yoo H, Ki C, et al. PHOX2B mutations in patients with Ondine-Hirschsprung disease and a review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr. 2011;170:1267-71 pubmed publisher..We believe that the information in this report will improve our understanding of the phenotypic and genotypic heterogeneities of CCHS and HSCR. ..
- Park Y, Park H. Differentiated embryo chondrocyte 1 (DEC1) represses PPAR?2 gene through interacting with CCAAT/enhancer binding protein ? (C/EBP?). Mol Cells. 2012;33:575-81 pubmed publisher..This study implies that DEC1 is one of the mediators that reset the pattern of PPAR?2 expression in response to hypoxia. ..
- Qadir A, Woo K, Ryoo H, Baek J. Insulin suppresses distal-less homeobox 5 expression through the up-regulation of microRNA-124 in 3T3-L1 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:2125-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that insulin-induced miR-124 plays a pivotal role in post-transcriptional regulation of Dlx5 during adipogenic differentiation and that miR-124 exerts pro-adipogenic effects by targeting Dlx5, at least in part. ..
- Kim M, Jin H, Seol E, Yoo M, Park H. Sequence analysis and tissue specific expression of human HOXA7. Mol Biotechnol. 2000;14:19-24 pubmed
- Hong S, Kim O, Kim S, Yang M, Park C. Nuclear import and DNA binding of the ZHD5 transcription factor is modulated by a competitive peptide inhibitor in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1659-68 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that MIF1 regulates the ZHD5 activities in a dual step manner: nuclear import and DNA binding. ..