Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hepatocytes in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
- Kim D, Jeong J, Lee J, Kim K, Park S, Kim Y, et al. Inverse agonist of estrogen-related receptor ? controls Salmonella typhimurium infection by modulating host iron homeostasis. Nat Med. 2014;20:419-24 pubmed publisher..typhimurium infection, thereby improving host survival. Taken together, these findings suggest an alternative approach to control multidrug-resistant intracellular bacteria by modulating host iron homeostasis. ..
- Tung N, Ra J, Sohn D, Kim Y. A new diarylheptanoid from the bark of Alnus japonica. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:921-4 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of extensive spectroscopic evidence. The new compound 1 showed significant hepatoprotective activity on the basis of t-butylhydroperoxide-induced hepatocyte injury in vitro assay. ..
- Hwang Y, Kim H, Choi J, Do M, Chung Y, Jeong T, et al. S-allyl cysteine attenuates free fatty acid-induced lipogenesis in human HepG2 cells through activation of the AMP-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:1469-78 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that SAC activates AMPK through CaMKK and inhibits SREBP-1-mediated hepatic lipogenesis. Therefore, SAC has therapeutic potential for preventing nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. ..
- Lee J, Joung H, Kim M, Park C. Graphene-based chemiluminescence resonance energy transfer for homogeneous immunoassay. ACS Nano. 2012;6:2978-83 pubmed publisher..The graphene-based CRET platform was successfully applied to the detection of CRP in human serum samples in the range observed during acute inflammatory stress. ..
- Hwang Y, Choi J, Han E, Kim H, Wee J, Jung K, et al. Purple sweet potato anthocyanins attenuate hepatic lipid accumulation through activating adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase in human HepG2 cells and obese mice. Nutr Res. 2011;31:896-906 pubmed publisher..The beneficial effects of AF on HFD-induced hepatic lipid accumulation are thus mediated through AMPK signaling pathways, suggesting a potential target for the prevention of obesity. ..
- Yeon J, Na D, Park J. Hepatotoxicity assay using human hepatocytes trapped in microholes of a microfluidic device. Electrophoresis. 2010;31:3167-74 pubmed publisher..This novel assay system enabled us to analyze in vivo-like hepatotoxicity in a microfluidic device by exploiting microstructures to mimic the microenvironment of the liver. ..
- Noh J, Gang G, Kim Y, Yang K, Hwang J, Lee H, et al. Antioxidant effects of the chestnut (Castanea crenata) inner shell extract in t-BHP-treated HepG2 cells, and CCl4- and high-fat diet-treated mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:3177-83 pubmed publisher..The CISE might be useful for the prevention of oxidative damage in liver cells and tissues...
- Kang S, Yi H, Choi M, Ryu M, Jung S, Chung H, et al. ANGPTL6 expression is coupled with mitochondrial OXPHOS function to regulate adipose FGF21. J Endocrinol. 2017;233:105-118 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, mitochondrial OXPHOS function governs the expression of ANGPTL6, which is an essential factor for FGF21 production in adipose tissue and cultured adipocytes. ..
- An S, Jang Y, Park J, Kwon B, Paik Y, Jeong T. Inhibition of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase stimulates cholesterol efflux from macrophages and stimulates farnesoid X receptor in hepatocytes. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:407-17 pubmed