Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glucose in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
- Ha K, Jo S, Kang B, Apostolidis E, Lee M, Jang H, et al. In vitro and in vivo antihyperglycemic effect of 2 amadori rearrangement compounds, arginyl-fructose and arginyl-fructosyl-glucose. J Food Sci. 2011;76:H188-93 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AF and AFG, Maillard reaction products, may have antidiabetic effect by suppressing carbohydrate absorption in the gastrointestinal level, and thereby reducing the postprandial increase of blood glucose. ..
- Kim Y, Jung D, Sohn E, Kim J, Kim J. Glycoxidised LDL induced the upregulation of Axl receptor tyrosine kinase and its ligand in mouse mesangial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50297 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that LDL modified by glycoxidation may mediate Axl/Gas6 pathway activation, and this mechanism may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Bhatia S, Lee B, Sathiyanarayanan G, Song H, Kim J, Jeon J, et al. Medium engineering for enhanced production of undecylprodigiosin antibiotic in Streptomyces coelicolor using oil palm biomass hydrolysate as a carbon source. Bioresour Technol. 2016;217:141-9 pubmed publisher..This yielded 4.2Î¼g/mgdcw undecylprodigiosin, which was 3.2-fold higher compared to that in un-optimized medium. ..
- Zhang W, Lee J, Kim Y, Kim I, Han J, Lee S, et al. Effect of eriodictyol on glucose uptake and insulin resistance in vitro. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:7652-8 pubmed publisher..These results imply that eriodictyol can increase glucose uptake and improve insulin resistance, suggesting that it may possess antidiabetic properties. ..
- Shin Y, Kang S, Paek J, Jin T, Song H, Kim H, et al. Clostridium kogasensis sp. nov., a novel member of the genus Clostridium, isolated from soil under a corroded gas pipeline. Anaerobe. 2016;39:14-8 pubmed publisher..nov. (type strain, YHK0403(T)Â =Â KCTC 15258(T)Â =Â JCM 18719(T)) is proposed. ..
- Lee S, Ryu J, Kim S, Jeon J, Song J, Cho H, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the respiratory genes in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 during the early response to glucose feeding. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:1018-30 pubmed..Our findings suggest that genes encoding some enzymes involved in central carbon metabolism and oxidative phosphorylation are coordinately regulated at the transcriptional level during the switch of nutritional mode. ..
- Shin K, Park Y, Park D, Kim C. Cryptococcus taeanensis sp. nov., a new anamorphic basidiomycetous yeast isolated from a salt farm. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:1365-8 pubmed..Therefore, on the basis of these results, Cryptococcus taeanensis sp. nov. is proposed; the type strain is 3-12(T) (=KCTC 17149(T) = CBS 9742(T)). ..
- Kim Y, Jung D, Lee I, Choi S, Yu S, Ku S, et al. Effects of Allium victorialis leaf extracts and its single compounds on aldose reductase, advanced glycation end products and TGF-?1 expression in mesangial cells. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:251 pubmed publisher..Further, ferulic acid reduces TGF-?1 mRNA expression and secretion in MMCs under diabetic conditions. Thus, A. victorialis is a good candidate for the development of treatments for diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Hwang Y, Choi J, Kim H, Khanal T, Song G, Nam M, et al. Saponins, especially platycodin D, from Platycodon grandiflorum modulate hepatic lipogenesis in high-fat diet-fed rats and high glucose-exposed HepG2 cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;267:174-83 pubmed publisher..The use of specific inhibitors showed that platycodin D activated AMPK via SIRT1/CaMKK? in HepG2 cells. This study demonstrates that CKS or platycodin D alone can regulate hepatic lipogenesis via an AMPK-dependent signalling pathway...
- Jang Y, Lee K, Jung K, Kang S, Pagire S, Lee J, et al. Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of aryl N-methoxyamide derivatives as GPR119 agonists. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3909-3914 pubmed publisher..Among them, compound 9c displayed good in vitro activity and potency. Moreover, compound 9c lowered glucose excursion in mice in an oral glucose tolerance test and increased GLP-1 secretion in intestinal cells. ..
- Do Y, Sul J, Jang K, Kang N, Kim Y, Kim Y, et al. A novel RIPK1 inhibitor that prevents retinal degeneration in a rat glaucoma model. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:30-38 pubmed publisher..Conversely, Nec-1 and Cpd27 protected RGCs from TNF-stimulated death, while RIC failed to inhibit the death of RGCs. This implies that RIPK1 activates alternative pathways depending on the context of the ischemic insults. ..
- Ha D, Tuan D, Thu N, Nhiem N, Ngoc T, Yim N, et al. Palbinone and triterpenes from Moutan Cortex (Paeonia suffruticosa, Paeoniaceae) stimulate glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis via activation of AMPK in insulin-resistant human HepG2 Cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:5556-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that these compounds, especially compound 1, may have beneficial roles in glucose metabolism via the AMPK pathway...
- Cho H, Kim H, Yu Y, Kang H, Lee D, Rhee M, et al. The opposite correlation between calcium ion and cyclic-AMP regarding the activation of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein in rat liver. BMB Rep. 2009;42:642-7 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that high levels of Ca(2+) cause hypertriglyceridemia through the elevation of MTP activity, as opposed to high levels of cAMP, which suppress MTP activity and inhibit hypertriglyceridemia. ..
- Kim M, Kim N, Shang L, Chang Y, Lee S, Chang H. Continuous production of succinic acid using an external membrane cell recycle system. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;19:1369-73 pubmed..3 times higher, respectively, compared with those obtained at the dilution rate of 0.1 h-1. These observations give a deep insight into the process design for a continuous succinic acid production by microorganisms...
- Park S, Moon M, Subhadra B, Lee J. Functional characterization of the glxR deletion mutant of Corynebacterium glutamicum ATCC 13032: involvement of GlxR in acetate metabolism and carbon catabolite repression. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;304:107-15 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that GlxR plays an important role in CCR as well as in acetate metabolism...
- Song I, Wang A, Yoon S, Kim J, Kim J, Lee D, et al. Regulation of glucose metabolism-related genes and VEGF by HIF-1alpha and HIF-1beta, but not HIF-2alpha, in gastric cancer. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:51-8 pubmed..These data offer important information regarding HIF pathways in the development of gastric cancer. ..
- Lee M, Kim C, Hoang D, Kim B, Sohn C, Kim M, et al. Genistein-derivatives from Tetracera scandens stimulate glucose-uptake in L6 myotubes. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:504-8 pubmed
- Kim Y, Kim N, Jung D, Jang D, Lee Y, Kim J, et al. Genistein inhibits aldose reductase activity and high glucose-induced TGF-beta2 expression in human lens epithelial cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;594:18-25 pubmed publisher..These effects are likely achieved by preventing AR and cellular oxidation; therefore, genistein may be a potential therapeutic agent for preventing and treating complications associated with diabetes mellitus, such as diabetic cataracts...
- Shin H, Park Y, Kim S, Moon H, Park D, Han Y, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein regulates hepatic glucose homeostasis via activation of inducible nitric oxide synthase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29872-81 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a novel mechanism of HBx-driven hepatic metabolic disorder that is modulated by iNOS-mediated activation of JNK. ..
- Kim H, Cho J, Ryoo N, Shin D, Park Y, Hwang Y, et al. Role of rice cytosolic hexokinase OsHXK7 in sugar signaling and metabolism. J Integr Plant Biol. 2016;58:127-35 pubmed publisher..This result suggests the distinct role that OsHXK7 plays in sugar metabolism and efficient germination by enforcing glycolysis-mediated fermentation in O2 -deficient rice. ..
- Kim D, Rathnasingh C, Song H, Lee H, Seung D, Chang Y. Metabolic engineering of a novel Klebsiella oxytoca strain for enhanced 2,3-butanediol production. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;116:186-92 pubmed publisher..41 g 2,3-BD per g glucose and 2.27 g/L h, respectively, indicating the usefulness for the industrial production of 2,3-BD...
- Zhang W, Lee J, Kim Y, Kim I, Park J, Myung C. Amelioration of insulin resistance by scopoletin in high-glucose-induced, insulin-resistant HepG2 cells. Horm Metab Res. 2010;42:930-5 pubmed publisher..With its lower adipogenic property, scopoletin may be a useful candidate for managing metabolic disorders, including type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Ha D, Nam Trung T, Bich Thu N, Van On T, Hai Nam N, Van Men C, et al. Adlay seed extract (Coix lachryma-jobi L.) decreased adipocyte differentiation and increased glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 cells. J Med Food. 2010;13:1331-9 pubmed publisher..ECLJ decreased mean droplet size. These results suggest a possible role for AMPK in the process of adipose differentiation and that ECLJ targeted for adipocyte functions could be effective in improving the symptoms of metabolic syndrome...
- Lee S, Kang S, Choi M, Jung S, Ryu M, Chung H, et al. Growth Differentiation Factor 15 Mediates Systemic Glucose Regulatory Action of T-Helper Type 2 Cytokines. Diabetes. 2017;66:2774-2788 pubmed publisher..Thus, beneficial effects of Th2 cytokines on systemic glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity are mediated by GDF15. These findings open up a potential pharmacological route for reversing insulin resistance associated with obesity. ..
- Lee M, Sohn C. Anti-diabetic properties of chrysophanol and its glucoside from rhubarb rhizome. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:2154-7 pubmed
- Lee M, Thuong P. Stimulation of glucose uptake by triterpenoids from Weigela subsessilis. Phytother Res. 2010;24:49-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ursane-type triterpenoids from W. subsessilis might enhance glucose uptake by acting as insulin mimics and as insulin sensitizers and that they could be useful as nontoxic diabetes treatment agents...
- Yoo J, Kim T, Kong S, Lee J, Choi W, Kim K, et al. Role of Mig-6 in hepatic glucose metabolism. J Diabetes. 2016;8:86-97 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of Mig-6 involvement in hepatic insulin resistance and a new mechanism that explains hepatic insulin resistance. ..
- Ha D, Trung T, Hien T, Dao T, Yim N, Ngoc T, et al. Selected compounds derived from Moutan Cortex stimulated glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis via AMPK activation in human HepG2 cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;131:417-24 pubmed publisher..These effects may indicate that the activation of AMPK by the active compounds from Moutan Cortex has considerable potential for reversing the metabolic abnormalities associated with type-2 diabetes. ..
- Qian Z, Xia X, Lee S. Metabolic engineering of Escherichia coli for the production of cadaverine: a five carbon diamine. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2011;108:93-103 pubmed publisher..61 g?L(-1) of cadaverine with a productivity of 0.32 g?L(-1) h(-1) by fed-batch cultivation. The strategy reported here should be useful for the bio-based production of cadaverine from renewable resources...
- Jung H, Park J, Hwang S, Kwak J. Synthesis of gold coated magnetic microparticles and their application for electrochemical glucose sensing by the enzymatically precipitated prussian blue. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2013;9:901-6 pubmed..With accomplishing the linear response range from 0.2 mM to 10 mM of glucose, this approach successfully proposed the applicability of the magnetic core-gold shell structures to the electrochemical bioassay area. ..
- Pil Hwang Y, Gyun Kim H, Choi J, Truong Do M, Tran T, Chun H, et al. 3-Caffeoyl, 4-dihydrocaffeoylquinic acid from Salicornia herbacea attenuates high glucose-induced hepatic lipogenesis in human HepG2 cells through activation of the liver kinase B1 and silent information regulator T1/AMPK-dependent pathway. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013;57:471-82 pubmed publisher
- Zhang W, Lee J, Kim I, Kim Y, Park J, Myung C. 7-O-methylaromadendrin stimulates glucose uptake and improves insulin resistance in vitro. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1494-9 pubmed..Therefore, these results suggest that 7-O-MA might stimulate glucose uptake via PPARgamma2 activation and improve insulin resistance via PI3K and AMPK-dependent pathways, and be a potential candidate for the management of type 2 DM. ..
- Kim N, Li H, Jung K, Chang H, Lee P. Ethanol production from marine algal hydrolysates using Escherichia coli KO11. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:7466-9 pubmed publisher..The strategy of acid hydrolysis followed by simultaneous enzyme treatment and inoculation with E. coli KO11 could be a viable strategy to produce ethanol from marine alga biomass. ..
- Kim E, Han B, Kim W, Lee S, Bae K. Acceleration of adipogenic differentiation via acetylation of malate dehydrogenase 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:77-82 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the acetylation of MDH2 was affected by the cellular energy state and subsequently regulated adipogenic differentiation. ..
- Kwak S, Hong S, Bajracharya R, Yang S, Lee K, Yu K. Drosophila adiponectin receptor in insulin producing cells regulates glucose and lipid metabolism by controlling insulin secretion. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68641 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates a new adipokine signaling in Drosophila and provides insights for the mammalian adiponectin receptor function in pancreatic beta cells, which could be useful for therapeutic application. ..
- Ha D, Trung T, Phuong T, Yim N, Chen Q, Bae K. The selected flavonol glycoside derived from Sophorae Flos improves glucose uptake and inhibits adipocyte differentiation via activation AMPK in 3T3-L1 cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:6076-81 pubmed publisher..It also reduced FAS gene expression in a dose-dependent manner, which is crucial for adipogenesis in vitro. ..
- Choi G, Kim H, Rhee Y. Enzymatic and non-enzymatic degradation of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) copolyesters produced by Alcaligenes sp. MT-16. J Microbiol. 2004;42:346-52 pubmed..Our results suggest that the degradability characteristics of poly(3HB-co-3HV) copolyesters, as well as their thermo-mechanical properties, are greatly influenced by the 3HV content in the copolyesters...
- Lee K, Kwon O, Lee J, Kwon K, Min K, Jung S, et al. Drosophila short neuropeptide F signalling regulates growth by ERK-mediated insulin signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:468-75 pubmed publisher..Drosophila sNPF and the evolutionarily conserved mammalian NPY seem to regulate ERK-mediated insulin expression and thus to systemically modulate growth, metabolism and lifespan. ..
- Bae J, Kim D, Choi Y, Koh S, Park J, Su Kim J, et al. A hexokinase with broad sugar specificity from a thermophilic bacterium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:754-63 pubmed