Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic transcription in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: genetic transcription
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Yoon M, Lee G, Chung J, Ahn Y, Hong S, Kim J. Adiponectin increases fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle cells by sequential activation of AMP-activated protein kinase, p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha. Diabetes. 2006;55:2562-70 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that adiponectin stimulates fatty acid oxidation in muscle cells by the sequential activation of AMPK, p38 MAPK, and PPARalpha. ..
- Kim S, Park J, Choi M, Kim H, Park J, Jung Y, et al. Zinc-fingers and homeoboxes 1 (ZHX1) binds DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 3B to enhance DNMT3B-mediated transcriptional repression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:318-23 pubmed..These results showed for the first the direct linkage between DNMT and zinc-fingers homeoboxes protein, leading to enhanced gene silencing by DNMT3B. ..
- Shim H, Kim H, Lee J, Son G, Cho S, Oh T, et al. Rapid activation of CLOCK by Ca2+-dependent protein kinase C mediates resetting of the mammalian circadian clock. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:366-71 pubmed..These findings indicate that CLOCK activation through the Ca2+-dependent PKC pathway might have a substantial role in phase resetting of the circadian clock. ..
- Lee B, Kim H, Park T, Moon S, Cho S, Park T, et al. A set of stage-specific gene transcripts identified in EK stage X and HH stage 3 chick embryos. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:60 pubmed..Discovering stage-specific genes will aid in uncovering the molecular mechanisms involved the formation of the three germ layers and germ cell segregation in the early chick embryos. ..
- Kim J, Lee J, Nam H, Choi H, Yang J, Lee J, et al. SUMOylation of pontin chromatin-remodeling complex reveals a signal integration code in prostate cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:20793-8 pubmed..These data clearly define a functional model and provide a link between SUMO modification and prostate cancer progression. ..
- Kim S, Lee H, Jun H, Kim J. The hTAF II 68-TEC fusion protein functions as a strong transcriptional activator. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:2446-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the oncogenic effect of the t(9;17) translocation may be due to the hTAF(II)68-TEC chimeric protein and that fusion of the hTAF(II)68 NTD to the TEC protein produces a gain of function chimeric product. ..
- Dong C, Yoon T, Bates D, Cho K. Identification of feedback loops embedded in cellular circuits by investigating non-causal impulse response components. J Math Biol. 2010;60:285-312 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of the proposed method is illustrated via two examples: a synthetic network model with a negative feedback loop and a nonlinear caspase function model of apoptosis with a positive feedback loop. ..
- Hahm J, Kim S, Paik Y. Endogenous cGMP regulates adult longevity via the insulin signaling pathway in Caenorhabditis elegans. Aging Cell. 2009;8:473-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide not only a new mechanism of cGMP-mediated induction of longevity in adult C. elegans but also a possible therapeutic strategy for neuronal disease, which has been likened to brain diabetes. ..
- Shin S, Kim C, Kim S, Kim Y, Lim Y, Lee Y. Chlorpromazine activates p21Waf1/Cip1 gene transcription via early growth response-1 (Egr-1) in C6 glioma cells. Exp Mol Med. 2010;42:395-405 pubmed..These results demonstrate that a functional link between ERK and JNK MAP kinase pathways and p21(Waf1/Cip1) induction via Egr-1 contributes to CPZ-induced anticancer activity in C6 glioma cells. ..
- Jeong H, Lee J, Kim W, Choe S, Shin H, Lee G, et al. A nonthiazolidinedione peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ?/? dual agonist CG301360 alleviates insulin resistance and lipid dysregulation in db/db mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2010;78:877-85 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that CG301360 would be a novel PPAR?/? agonist, which might be a potential lead compound to develop against insulin resistance and hyperlipidemia. ..
- Kwon J, Lee J. Biological significance of a universally conserved transcription mediator in metazoan developmental signaling pathways. Development. 2001;128:3095-104 pubmed..In addition, RNAi experiments in rde-1 background showed that maternal and zygotic med-6 activities have distinct roles in development. ..
- Kim J, Cho S, Oh Y, Jung H, Kim Y, Kim N. Nuclear factor-kappa B activation pathway in intestinal epithelial cells is a major regulator of chemokine gene expression and neutrophil migration induced by Bacteroides fragilis enterotoxin. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;130:59-66 pubmed..These results indicate that NF-kappaB can be a central regulator of chemokine gene expression in BFT-stimulated intestinal epithelial cells and may be an important regulator of neutrophil migration. ..
- Kim J, Kim B, Cai L, Choi H, Ohgi K, Tran C, et al. Transcriptional regulation of a metastasis suppressor gene by Tip60 and beta-catenin complexes. Nature. 2005;434:921-6 pubmed
- Rha S, Jeung H, Park K, Kim J, Chung H. Changes of telomerase activity by alternative splicing of full-length and beta variants of hTERT in breast cancer patients. Oncol Res. 2009;18:213-20 pubmed..027). Telomerase activity changed with alternative splicing of the full-length and beta variants expression of hTERT in breast cancer. ..
- Lim K, Chang H. Elevated O-linked N-acetylglucosamine correlated with reduced Sp1 cooperative DNA binding with its collaborating factors in vivo. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:1668-72 pubmed
- Yun S, Rim Y, Jho E. Induced expression of the transcription of tropomodulin 1 by Wnt5a and characterization of the tropomodulin 1 promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:727-32 pubmed..Cloning and analysis of the putative promoter show that two conserved sequences, one in the 5'-end of the first exon and the other in the intron next to the first exon, are necessary for the basal promoter activity. ..
- Kang B, Kim S, Lee K, Lee Y, Hong I, Lee M, et al. Transcriptional profiling in human HaCaT keratinocytes in response to kaempferol and identification of potential transcription factors for regulating differential gene expression. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:208-19 pubmed..Our microarray analysis has provided useful information for determining the genetic regulatory network affected by kaempferol, and this approach will be useful for elucidating gene-phytochemical interactions. ..
- Kim D, Jeon O, Lee H, Yoo K, Kim D. Integrin alphavbeta3-mediated transcriptional regulation of TIMP-1 in a human ovarian cancer cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:479-483 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that integrin alphavbeta3-mediated transcriptional regulation of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 is critical for suppressing the ovarian cancer cell invasion. ..
- An J, Yang J, Ahn B, Cho S, Jung J, Cho H, et al. Enhanced mitochondrial biogenesis contributes to Wnt induced osteoblastic differentiation of C3H10T1/2 cells. Bone. 2010;47:140-50 pubmed publisher..To summarize, mitochodrial biogenesis is upregulated by Wnt signaling and this upregulation contributes to the osteoblastic differentiation of mouse mesenchymal C3H10T1/2 cells. ..
- Lee H, Kim M, Lee K, Kang K, Lee S. Exon-intron structure of the human PTK6 gene demonstrates that PTK6 constitutes a distinct family of non-receptor tyrosine kinase. Mol Cells. 1998;8:401-7 pubmed..These results suggest that PTK6 constitutes an evolutionarily distinct family of non-receptor protein tyrosine kinases and may function as an intracellular signal transducer in specific tissues. ..
- Hahn J, Oh S, Roe J. Regulation of the furA and catC operon, encoding a ferric uptake regulator homologue and catalase-peroxidase, respectively, in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). J Bacteriol. 2000;182:3767-74 pubmed..Addition of these metals to the growth medium decreased the production of CatC protein, consistent with the role of FurA as a metal-dependent repressor...
- Kang B, Shin J, Yi J, Kang H, Lee J, Heo H, et al. Corepressor MMTR/DMAP1 is involved in both histone deacetylase 1- and TFIIH-mediated transcriptional repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3578-88 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that MMTR is part of the basic cellular machinery for a wide range of transcriptional regulation via interaction with TFIIH and HDAC. ..
- Chae S, Kim J, Yun Y, Lee W, Kim J, Kim Y, et al. Identification and analysis of the promoter region of the human PLC-delta4 gene. Mol Biol Rep. 2007;34:69-77 pubmed..These results will provide important new information to further understand the regulatory mechanism of the PLC-delta4 function. ..
- Chang M, Yoo H, Rho H. Transcriptional regulation and environmental induction of gene encoding copper- and zinc-containing superoxide dismutase. Methods Enzymol. 2002;349:293-305 pubmed
- Jeong Y, Mun J, Kim H, Lee S, Kim S. An upstream region in the first intron of petunia actin-depolymerizing factor 1 affects tissue-specific expression in transgenic Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana). Plant J. 2007;50:230-9 pubmed..In addition, we have also shown that intron-mediated enhancement is a conserved mechanism, which regulates the expression of the petunia and Arabidopsis ADF genes that are expressed in vegetative tissues...
- Lee U, Choung S, Prakash K, Lee E, Lee M, Kim Y, et al. Dual knockdown of p65 and p50 subunits of NF-kappaB by siRNA inhibits the induction of inflammatory cytokines and significantly enhance apoptosis in human primary synoviocytes treated with tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Mol Biol Rep. 2008;35:291-8 pubmed
- Chi S, Kim H, Park B, Min H, Park J, Kim Y, et al. Mutational abrogation of the PTEN/MMAC1 gene in gastrointestinal polyps in patients with Cowden disease. Gastroenterology. 1998;115:1084-9 pubmed
- Jang H, Yoon K, Shin Y, Kim J, Lee S. PIAS3 suppresses NF-kappaB-mediated transcription by interacting with the p65/RelA subunit. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24873-80 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that PIAS3 may function in vivo as a modulator in suppressing the transcriptional activity of p65. ..
- Lee S, Kim J, Oh S, Kim Y, Rho S, Park K, et al. IFN-gamma/IRF-1-induced p27kip1 down-regulates telomerase activity and human telomerase reverse transcriptase expression in human cervical cancer. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1027-33 pubmed..In conclusion, we propose that inhibition of the hTERT expression and telomerase activity may be a novel tumor suppressor function of p27. ..
- Kim J, Yim J, Cho J, Kim J, Ko J, Kim S, et al. Adrenomedullin regulates cellular glutathione content via modulation of gamma-glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit expression. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1357-64 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggests that AM participates in the regulation of cellular redox status via glutathione synthesis. These results may explain, in part, the mechanism by which AM protects cells against oxidative stress. ..
- Sun W, Kim K, Noh M, Hong S, Huh P, Kim Y, et al. Induction of CITED2 expression in the rat hippocampus following transient global ischemia. Brain Res. 2006;1072:15-8 pubmed..Because CITED2 was not induced in cultured neurons exposed to oxygen-glucose deprivation, we concluded that hypoxia is not sufficient to trigger its induction. ..
- Jang H, Choi D, Kim H, Cho E, Youn H. Cabin1 represses MEF2 transcriptional activity by association with a methyltransferase, SUV39H1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:11172-9 pubmed..Thus, Cabin1 recruits chromatin-modifying enzymes, both histone deacetylases and a histone methyltransferase, to repress MEF2 transcriptional activity. ..
- Shin J, Yi J, Lee Y, Kim A, Park M, Kim S, et al. Development of artificial chimerical gene regulatory elements specific for cancer gene therapy. Oncol Rep. 2003;10:2063-9 pubmed
- Kim J, An H, Kim N, Ahn J, Kim K, Kang Y, et al. IMUP-1 and IMUP-2 genes are up-regulated in human ovarian epithelial tumors. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:4709-13 pubmed..These results showed the up-regulation of IMUP-1 and IMUP-2 in human ovarian epithelial tumors and suggested that the altered mRNA level of these molecules is possibly associated with ovarian tumorigenesis. ..
- Lim K, Chang H. O-GlcNAc inhibits interaction between Sp1 and Elf-1 transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:569-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that O-GlcNAc inhibits Sp1-mediated gene transcription possibly by interrupting Sp1 interaction with its cooperative factor. ..
- Yoon H, Wong J. The corepressors silencing mediator of retinoid and thyroid hormone receptor and nuclear receptor corepressor are involved in agonist- and antagonist-regulated transcription by androgen receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1048-60 pubmed
- Song J, Cho K, Yoon H, Moon H, Park S. Neutrophil elastase causes MUC5AC mucin synthesis via EGF receptor, ERK and NF-kB pathways in A549 cells. Korean J Intern Med. 2005;20:275-83 pubmed..An EMSA autoradiogram revealed that NE induced NF-kB:DNA binding. These results indicate that human NE induces MUC5AC mucin through the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGF-R), ERK, and NF-kB pathways in A549 cells. ..
- Kim T, Lee J, Jung J, Oh S, Kwak S, Jin X, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 3 activates p53-dependent cell growth inhibition. Cancer Lett. 2006;242:215-21 pubmed..Taken together, the present study indicates that IRF3 should be a novel inducer of cell growth inhibition and cellular senescence through activation of p53 tumor suppressor. ..
- Cui X, Shen X, Kim N. Dicer1 expression in preimplantation mouse embryos: Involvement of Oct3/4 transcription at the blastocyst stage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:231-6 pubmed..The results suggest that Dicer1 gene expression is associated with the levels of transcription factors, Pou5f1, Sox2, and Nanog which possibly regulate differentiation processes at the blastocyst stage. ..
- Choi W, Jeon B, Yun C, Kim P, Kim S, Choi K, et al. Proto-oncogene FBI-1 represses transcription of p21CIP1 by inhibition of transcription activation by p53 and Sp1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12633-44 pubmed publisher..FBI-1 is aberrantly overexpressed in many human solid tumors, particularly in adenocarcinomas and squamous carcinomas. The role of FBI-1 as a master controller of the p53 pathway therefore makes it an attractive therapeutic target. ..
- Lee B, Nowak R. Human leiomyoma smooth muscle cells show increased expression of transforming growth factor-beta 3 (TGF beta 3) and altered responses to the antiproliferative effects of TGF beta. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:913-20 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that alterations in the TGF beta system produce loss of sensitivity to the antiproliferative effects of TGF beta, and increased expression of TGF beta 3 may contribute to the growth of these tumors. ..
- Yoo Y, Yeo M, Kim D, Park H, Lee M. Novel function of orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 in stabilizing hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53365-73 pubmed..Together, our results demonstrate a novel function for Nur77 in the stabilization of HIF-1alpha and suggest a potential role for Nur77 in tumor progression and metastasis. ..
- Choi K, Oh S, Kang H, Lee Y, Haam S, Kim H, et al. The functional relationship between co-repressor N-CoR and SMRT in mediating transcriptional repression by thyroid hormone receptor alpha. Biochem J. 2008;411:19-26 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that both SMRT and N-CoR are limited in cells and that knocking down either of them results in co-repressor-free TR and consequently de-repression of TR target genes. ..
- Kim K, Kim T, Kang K, Choi K. Amphiphysin IIb-1, a novel splicing variant of amphiphysin II, regulates p73beta function through protein-protein interactions. Oncogene. 2001;20:6689-99 pubmed..These findings offer a new insight into the regulation mechanism of p73beta, and suggest that amphiphysin IIb-1 modulates p73beta function by direct binding. ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Lee S, Choi B, Kim Y, Huh P, et al. Amyloid beta peptide (Abeta42) activates PLC-delta1 promoter through the NF-kappaB binding site. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:904-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the PLC-delta1 promoter is under the control of NF-kappaB, which mediates the expression of PLC-delta due to the Abeta42 treatment. ..
- Jeong S, Lee K, Shin D, Chung H, Jeon S, Seong R. Nitric oxide inhibits glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of thymocytes by repressing the SRG3 expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34373-9 pubmed..These observations strongly suggest that NO may be involved in protecting immature thymocytes from GC-induced apoptosis by repressing the SRG3 expression in thymus. ..
- Moon H, Cheon H, Lee M. Metastasis-associated protein 1 inhibits p53-induced apoptosis. Oncol Rep. 2007;18:1311-4 pubmed..These results indicate that MTA1 inhibits p53-induced apoptosis by deacetylation of p53, which might be related to the increased metastatic potential of cancer cells with high MTA1 expression. ..
- Choi H, Choi K, Kang H, Kim H, Lee Y, Haam S, et al. Function of multiple Lis-Homology domain/WD-40 repeat-containing proteins in feed-forward transcriptional repression by silencing mediator for retinoic and thyroid receptor/nuclear receptor corepressor complexes. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1093-104 pubmed publisher
- Kim S, Kim H, Kim T, Im S, Park S, Lee I, et al. SREBP-1c mediates the insulin-dependent hepatic glucokinase expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30823-9 pubmed..A chromatin immunoprecipitation assay using primary hepatocytes showed increased binding of SREBP-1 to SREs of the LGK promoter by insulin. ..
- Lee S, Kim M, Moon E, Lee B, Choi J, Kim J. Genomic structure and transcriptional studies on the mouse ribosomal protein S3 gene: expression of U15 small nucleolar RNA. Gene. 2006;368:12-20 pubmed..This report shows the conservation of the genomic structure of the rpS3 gene in vertebrates and characteristics of its promoter similar to those of promoters of other mammalian RPs. ..
- Na H, Surh Y. The antitumor ether lipid edelfosine (ET-18-O-CH3) induces apoptosis in H-ras transformed human breast epithelial cells: by blocking ERK1/2 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases as potential targets. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:204-7 pubmed..Based on these findings, it is likely that ET-18-O-CH3 inactivates ERK1/2, Akt, and NF-kappaB signaling via COX-2 induction in MCF10A-ras cells, thereby inducing apoptosis of these cells...
- Kim Y, Kim S, Kang M, Kuzuyama T, Lee J, Park S, et al. Regulation of resin acid synthesis in Pinus densiflora by differential transcription of genes encoding multiple 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate synthase and 1-hydroxy-2-methyl-2-(E)-butenyl 4-diphosphate reductase genes. Tree Physiol. 2009;29:737-49 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the MEP pathway regulates resin biosynthesis in the wood of P. densiflora by differential transcription of the multiple PdDXS and PdHDR genes. ..
- Jung S, Yang W, Kim J, Kim H, Kim E, Yun H, et al. Reactive oxygen species stabilize hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha protein and stimulate transcriptional activity via AMP-activated protein kinase in DU145 human prostate cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:713-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings identify AMPK as a key determinant of HIF-1 functions in response to ROS and its possible role in the sophisticated HIF-1 regulatory mechanisms. ..
- Song J, Park S, Kim M, Shin I. Down-regulation of Notch-dependent transcription by Akt in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1693-9 pubmed publisher..These results may suggest possible regulation of NICD transcriptional activity by Akt-mediated phosphorylation and subsequent inhibition of proper nuclear localization of NICD. ..
- Lee S, Choi D, Rhim H, Choo H, Ko Y, Kim C, et al. PHB2 interacts with RNF2 and represses CP2c-stimulated transcription. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;319:69-77 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a novel mechanism by which RNF2 and PHB2 modulate the CP2-mediated transcriptional pathway. ..
- Park J, Kim T, Jung Y, Song S, Kim S, Oh D, et al. DNA methyltransferase 3B mutant in ICF syndrome interacts non-covalently with SUMO-1. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:1269-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that the S270P mutation affects DNMT3B functions via specific, non-covalent interaction with SUMO-1. ..
- Oh M, Lee S, Lee D, Choi S. Regulation of the Vibrio vulnificus hupA gene by temperature alteration and cyclic AMP receptor protein and evaluation of its role in virulence. Infect Immun. 2009;77:1208-15 pubmed publisher..Finally, a hupA mutant showed reduced virulence in mice and in tissue cultures, in which growth of the hupA mutant was impaired, indicating that HupA of V. vulnificus is essential for survival and multiplication during infection...
- Cho Y, Lee E, Roe J. A developmentally regulated catalase required for proper differentiation and osmoprotection of Streptomyces coelicolor. Mol Microbiol. 2000;35:150-60 pubmed..These results suggest that regulated synthesis of CatB protein is necessary to ensure proper differentiation as well as to protect S. coelicolor cells against osmotic stresses...
- Jae Yoo E, Kyu Jang Y, Ae Lee M, Bjerling P, Bum Kim J, Ekwall K, et al. Hrp3, a chromodomain helicase/ATPase DNA binding protein, is required for heterochromatin silencing in fission yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:970-4 pubmed..Thus, our results strongly suggest that Hrp3 is involved in heterochromatin silencing and plays a direct role as a chromatin remodeling factor at mat3 in vivo. ..
- Won J, Yim J, Kim T. Sp1 and Sp3 recruit histone deacetylase to repress transcription of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) promoter in normal human somatic cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38230-8 pubmed
- Choi Y, Hong S, Shin H. Genetic diversity within the Albugo candida complex (Peronosporales, Oomycota) inferred from phylogenetic analysis of ITS rDNA and COX2 mtDNA sequences. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2006;40:400-9 pubmed..Based on the molecular data from the two genes, we suggest the high degree of genetic diversity exhibited within A. candida complexes warrants their division into several distinct species. ..
- Yoon H, Kim S, Kim S, Park C. Regulation of leaf senescence by NTL9-mediated osmotic stress signaling in Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2008;25:438-45 pubmed..These observations indicate that NTL9 mediates osmotic stress responses that affect leaf senescence, providing a genetic link between intrinsic genetic programs and external signals in the control of leaf senescence. ..
- Song K, Lee T, Kim K, Chung K, Yoon J. cAMP-responding element-binding protein and c-Ets1 interact in the regulation of ATP-dependent MUC5AC gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26869-78 pubmed publisher..ATP-dependent activation of MUC5AC gene expression via CREB-c-Ets1 may contribute to mucous cell hypersecretion associated with common respiratory disorders. ..
- Lim K, Chang H. O-GlcNAc inhibits interaction between Sp1 and sterol regulatory element binding protein 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:314-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a novel mechanism in which lipid biosynthesis may be regulated by O-GlcNAc. ..
- Park K, Kim J, Choi E, Min S, Rhee S, Baek S, et al. Antagonistic regulation of myogenesis by two deubiquitinating enzymes, UBP45 and UBP69. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9733-8 pubmed..These results indicate that differential expression of UBP45 and UBP69 is involved in the regulation of muscle cell differentiation. ..
- Kim J, Kang S, Lee J. The protein complex composed of nickel-binding SrnQ and DNA binding motif-bearing SrnR of Streptomyces griseus represses sodF transcription in the presence of nickel. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18455-63 pubmed..A model is proposed in which SrnQ of the protein complex senses nickel and subsequently enhances the DNA binding activity of SrnR through the protein-protein interaction...
- Hwang R, Lee E, Kim M, Li S, Jin Y, Rhee Y, et al. Calcyclin, a Ca2+ ion-binding protein, contributes to the anabolic effects of simvastatin on bone. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21239-47 pubmed..In conclusion, calcyclin is one of the candidate proteins that plays a role in osteoblastogenesis in response to simvastatin, although the precise functions of calcyclin in osteoblast remain to be verified. ..
- Roh H, Lee M, Jeon B, Choi W, Kim Y, Yu M, et al. Regulation of pokemon 1 activity by sumoylation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:167-80 pubmed..Our data suggest that Pokemon 1's activity as a transcription factor may involve sumoylation, and that sumoylation might be important in the regulation of transcription by Pokemon 1. ..
- Kim S, Seo M, Kim Y, Lee Y, Oh J, Cho E, et al. Stimulatory heterotrimeric GTP-binding protein inhibits hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis by repressing BAK induction in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1350-61 pubmed
- Lee I, Choi W, Kim J, Jeong J, Kim M, Nam J, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the murine 1-cys peroxiredoxin gene by the B cell-specific activator protein, Pax5. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:465-76 pubmed publisher..Lipopolysaccharides (LPS) stimulation of murine splenocytes resulted in coordinated expression of Pax5 and 1-cysPrx proteins. These findings suggest that Pax5 may function as a transactivator of 1-cysPrx gene expression. ..
- Lee K, Yeo W, Roe J. Oxidant-responsive induction of the suf operon, encoding a Fe-S assembly system, through Fur and IscR in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:8244-7 pubmed publisher..For apo-IscR to bind, oxidation-mediated dissociation of Fur is required. Therefore, a peroxide-responsive signal is transduced through OxyR, IscR, and Fur to achieve oxidation-sensitive and maximal induction of this operon. ..
- Oh Y, Kwon Y, Kim J, Bae S, Lee B, Yoo S, et al. Chfr is linked to tumour metastasis through the downregulation of HDAC1. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:295-302 pubmed publisher..Coincident with these changes, cells arrest in the G1 phase of the cell cycle and become less invasive. Collectively, our data suggest that Chfr functions as a tumour suppressor by regulating HDAC1. ..
- Kim C, Won M, Choi C, Ahn J, Kim B, Song K, et al. Increase of RhoB in gamma-radiation-induced apoptosis is regulated by c-Jun N-terminal kinase in Jurkat T cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1182-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RhoB regulation involves the JNK pathway and contributes to the early apoptotic response of Jurkat T cells to gamma-radiation. ..
- Kim M, Go Y, Lee S, Kim Y, Shin J, Min M, et al. Seed-expressed casein kinase I acts as a positive regulator of the SeFAD2 promoter via phosphorylation of the SebHLH transcription factor. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:425-37 pubmed publisher..This co-expression revealed that SeCKI enhanced the SebHLH-mediated transactivation of the SeFAD2 gene promoter via phosphorylation of the SebHLH transcription factor...
- Kim H, Park J, Jung Y, Song S, Han S, Oh D, et al. DNA methyltransferase 3-like affects promoter methylation of thymine DNA glycosylase independently of DNMT1 and DNMT3B in cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1563-72 pubmed..This study is the first to show that DNMT3L exerts a major effect on the transcriptional regulation of a specific target gene, such as TDG, despite the absence of enzymatic activity. ..
- Kim J, Song E, Lee S, Lim J, Choi J, Koh I, et al. The induction of STAT1 gene by activating transcription factor 3 contributes to pancreatic beta-cell apoptosis and its dysfunction in streptozotocin-treated mice. Cell Signal. 2010;22:1669-80 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ATF3 functions as a potent upstream regulator of STAT1 and ATF3 may play a role in STZ-induced beta-cell dysfunction by enhancing the steady state abundance of STAT1. ..
- Lee S, Kim J, Lee H, Cho Y, Oh S, Kim Y, et al. Interferon regulatory factor-1 (IRF-1) is a mediator for interferon-gamma induced attenuation of telomerase activity and human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) expression. Oncogene. 2003;22:381-91 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that IRF-1 is a potential mediator of IFN-gamma-induced attenuation of telomerase activity and hTERT expression. ..
- Hong H, Cho Y, Park K, Lee C, Lee H, Park K. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma mediated inhibition of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 production and proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2003;62:1-8 pubmed..PPARgamma can also inhibit vascular endothelial cell proliferation, and its clinical relevance in diabetic vascular complications should be elucidated. ..
- Ko M, Ahn J, Lee C, Chung H, Jeon S, Chung H, et al. E2A/HEB and Id3 proteins control the sensitivity to glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis in thymocytes by regulating the SRG3 expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21916-23 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Id3 may enhance the viability of immature thymocytes by at least rendering them resistant to GCs through SRG3 down-regulation. ..
- Yun H, Lee M, Kim S, Ha J. Glucose deprivation increases mRNA stability of vascular endothelial growth factor through activation of AMP-activated protein kinase in DU145 prostate carcinoma. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9963-72 pubmed..In conclusion, our results demonstrate a novel and major role of AMPK in the post-transcriptional regulation of VEGF, further implying its potential role in tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Oh J, Do H, Yang H, Moon S, Cha K, Chung H, et al. Identification of a putative transactivation domain in human Nanog. Exp Mol Med. 2005;37:250-4 pubmed
- Yang H, Do H, Kim D, Park J, Chang W, Chung H, et al. Transcriptional regulation of human Oct4 by steroidogenic factor-1. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:1198-209 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate that SF-1 plays a crucial role in the regulation of hOct4 transcription through direct binding to the 1st SF-1 in CR1 of the hOct4 proximal promoter. ..
- Moon E, Park H. B cell activating factor (BAFF) gene promoter activity depends upon co-activator, p300. Immunobiology. 2007;212:637-45 pubmed..Data suggest that mBAFF expression could be regulated by promoter activation through NF-kappaB activation, which might be dependent on the cooperation with co-activator, p300. ..
- Park J, Kim K, Lee E, Seo Y, Lim S, Park K, et al. Elevated level of SUMOylated IRF-1 in tumor cells interferes with IRF-1-mediated apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17028-33 pubmed..These data support a mechanism whereby SUMOylation of IRF-1 inactivates its tumor suppressor function, which facilitates resistance to the immune response. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Yun K, Cho Y, Park H, Lee K. Isoliquiritigenin isolated from the roots of Glycyrrhiza uralensis inhibits LPS-induced iNOS and COX-2 expression via the attenuation of NF-kappaB in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;584:175-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the anti-inflammatory properties of ILG are caused by iNOS, COX-2, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 down-regulation due to NF-kappaB inhibition via the suppression of IKK, ERK1/2 and p38 phosphorylation in RAW 264.7 cells...
- Oh J, Sohn D, Ko M, Chung H, Jeon S, Seong R. BAF60a interacts with p53 to recruit the SWI/SNF complex. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11924-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex is involved in the suppression of tumors by the interaction with p53. ..
- Hong Y, Lee N, Lee M, Park M, Choi G, Suh Y, et al. dXNP/DATRX increases apoptosis via the JNK and dFOXO pathway in Drosophila neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;384:160-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that dXNP/DATRX is involved in caspase-dependent apoptosis in Drosophila neurons via regulation of the JNK and dFOXO pathway. ..
- Park U, Han H, Um E, An X, Kim E, Um S. Redox regulation of transcriptional activity of retinoic acid receptor by thioredoxin glutathione reductase (TGR). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:241-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that the redox regulation function of TGR protects the DNA-binding activity of RAR against cellular ROS damage. ..
- Kang J, Paget M, Seok Y, Hahn M, Bae J, Hahn J, et al. RsrA, an anti-sigma factor regulated by redox change. EMBO J. 1999;18:4292-8 pubmed publisher..Thioredoxin was able to reduce oxidized RsrA, suggesting that sigma(R), RsrA and the thioredoxin system comprise a novel feedback homeostasis loop that senses and responds to changes in the intracellular thiol-disulfide redox balance...
- Jeong H, Chung H, Lee B, Kim S, Yoo S, Hong S, et al. Expression of proinflammatory cytokines via HIF-1alpha and NF-kappaB activation on desferrioxamine-stimulated HMC-1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;306:805-11 pubmed..These data indicate that inflammatory cytokines seem to be under HIF-1alpha or NF-kappaB transcriptional regulation in the hypoxic conditions on mast cells. ..