Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene order in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: gene order
- Lee H, Kweon J, Kim E, Kim S, Kim J. Targeted chromosomal duplications and inversions in the human genome using zinc finger nucleases. Genome Res. 2012;22:539-48 pubmed publisher..In addition, our method raises the possibility of correcting genetic defects caused by chromosomal rearrangements and holds new promise in gene and cell therapy...
- Hwang D, Byeon H, Lee J. Complete mitochondrial genome of the freshwater gudgeon, Gobiobotia nakdongensis (Cypriniformes, Gobioninae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:409-10 pubmed publisher..Of the 13 protein-coding genes (PCGs), 3 genes (CO2, CO3, and Cytb) had incomplete stop codons. The base composition of G. nakdongensis showed anti-G bias (9.93%) on the third position of PCGs. ..
- Hwang D, Lee W, Lee J. Complete mitochondrial genome of the Korean bitterling Acheilognathus koreensis (Cypriniformes; Cyprinidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:414-5 pubmed publisher..Of 13 protein-coding genes (PCGs), four genes (CO2, CO3, ND4, and Cytochrome b) had incomplete stop codons. The base composition of A. koreensis showed anti-G bias (13.69%) on the third position of PCGs. ..
- Kim K, Park J, Lee J, Lee H, Lee J, Lee K, et al. Association of genetic variation in chitotriosidase with atopy in Korean children. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2013;110:444-449.e1 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the nonsynonymous A442G polymorphism in CHIT1 is associated with risk of atopy. ..
- Yi D, Kim K. Complete chloroplast genome sequences of important oilseed crop Sesamum indicum L. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35872 pubmed publisher..indicum-specific cp genome vectors. The complete cp DNA sequences of S. indicum reported in this paper are prerequisite to modifying this important oilseed crop by cp genetic engineering techniques...
- Yi D, Lee H, Sun B, Chung M, Kim K. The complete chloroplast DNA sequence of Eleutherococcus senticosus (Araliaceae); comparative evolutionary analyses with other three asterids. Mol Cells. 2012;33:497-508 pubmed publisher..These medium size repeats may contribute to developing a cp genome-specific gene introduction vector because the region may use for specific recombination sites...
- Kwon D, Lee K, Kang M, Choi Y, Park C, Whyte J, et al. Production of biallelic CMP-Neu5Ac hydroxylase knock-out pigs. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1981 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these CMAH null pigs on the Gal-T KO background could serve as an important model for the xenotransplantation. ..
- Kim I, Kweon H, Kim Y, Kim C, Gye M, Lee W, et al. The complete mitochondrial genome of the javeline goby Acanthogobius hasta (Perciformes, Gobiidae) and phylogenetic considerations. Gene. 2004;336:147-53 pubmed publisher..These findings are applicable to molecular phylogenetics in the suborder Gobioidei...
- Ko A, Jin D, Cho S, Park S, Przybylska M, Yew N, et al. AAV8-mediated expression of N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate transferase attenuates bone loss in a mouse model of mucolipidosis II. Mol Genet Metab. 2016;117:447-55 pubmed publisher..This study emphasizes the value of the MLII KO mouse to recapitulate the clinical manifestations of the disease and highlights its amenability to therapy. ..
- Yang J, Cho S, An J, Jung J, Kim S, Kim S, et al. Osteoblast-targeted overexpression of TAZ increases bone mass in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56585 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that TAZ positively regulates bone formation in vivo, which seems to be mediated by enhancing both Runx2 and TGF-? signaling. ..
- Hwang D, Kim B, Au D, Lee J. Complete mitochondrial genome of the marine medaka Oryzias melastigma (Beloniformes, Adrianichthyidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2012;23:308-9 pubmed publisher..Of 13 protein-coding genes (PCGs), 4 genes (CO3, ND3, ND4, and Cytb) had incomplete stop codons. The base composition of O. melastigma mitogenome showed high A+T (59.65%) and anti-G bias (8.73%) on the 3rd position of PCGs...
- Hwang D, Byeon H, Lee J. Complete mitochondrial genome of the river lamprey, Lampetra japonica (Petromyzontiformes, Petromyzonidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:406-8 pubmed publisher..Of 13 protein-coding genes (PCGs), 1 gene (CO1) had incomplete stop codon. The base composition of L. japonica showed anti-G bias (4.65%) on the third position of PCGs. ..
- Won E, Rhee J, Shin K, Lee J. Complete mitochondrial genome of the marine polychaete, Perinereis nuntia (Polychaeta, Nereididae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:342-3 pubmed publisher..The base composition of the mitochondrial genome of the polychaete, P. nuntia, showed high A+T (65.1%) and strong anti-G bias in their 3rd position (7.09%) of 13 PCGs. ..
- Lee H, Choi E, Seomun Y, Montgomery K, Huebner A, Lee E, et al. High-resolution transcript map of the region spanning D12S1629 and D12S312 at chromosome 12q13: triple A syndrome-linked region. Genome Res. 2000;10:1561-7 pubmed..This transcript map was localized at human chromosome 12q13. ..
- Ki J, Park H, Lee J. The complete mitochondrial genome of the cyclopoid copepod Paracyclopina nana: a highly divergent genome with novel gene order and atypical gene numbers. Gene. 2009;435:13-22 pubmed publisher..We present the first complete mitogenome sequence from a cyclopoid copepod, thereby increasing our understanding of copepod and crustacean evolution from the mitochondrial point of view...
- Choi K, Kim D, Chae J, Zylstra G, Kim E. Requirement of duplicated operons for maximal metabolism of phthalate by Rhodococcus sp. strain DK17. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:766-71 pubmed..5% of that of the wild-type strain DK17. The data indicate that both copies of the phthalate operon are equally functional in DK17, and gene dosage is the main reason for slower growth of DK176 on phthalate. ..
- Kim H, Kim M, Wee G, Lee C, Kim H, Kim J. Magnetic separation and antibiotics selection enable enrichment of cells with ZFN/TALEN-induced mutations. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56476 pubmed publisher..We propose that these two reporters will greatly facilitate the use of engineered nucleases in a wider range of biomedical research. ..
- Wang Y, Choi J, Roh J, Liu Q, Tao X, Park J, et al. Genomic sequence analysis of granulovirus isolated from the tobacco cutworm, Spodoptera litura. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28163 pubmed publisher..It is a major pest of many crops. To better understand Spodoptera litura granulovirus (SpliGV), the nucleotide sequence of the SpliGV DNA genome was determined and analyzed...
- Jin J, Lee J, Lee Y. Characterization of carotenoid biosynthetic genes in the ascomycete Gibberella zeae. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;302:197-202 pubmed publisher..Based on these functional studies and similarities to carotenoid biosynthesis genes in other fungi, we deduced the functions of the three genes and propose the carotenoid biosynthetic pathway of G. zeae...
- Hahn Y. Molecular evolution of TEPP protein genes in metazoans. Biochem Genet. 2009;47:651-64 pubmed publisher..No homolog was detected in birds, insects, nematodes, and teleost fishes despite the extensive sequence data of these species, implying that the TEPP gene might be lost in these lineages. ..
- Waminal N, Ryu K, Choi S, Kim H. Randomly detected genetically modified (GM) maize (Zea mays L.) near a transport route revealed a fragile 45S rDNA phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74060 pubmed publisher..Implications of the 45S rDNA cluster fragility in GM maize are also discussed. ..
- Kim Y, Lee Y, Jin J, Han K, Kim H, Kim J, et al. Two different polyketide synthase genes are required for synthesis of zearalenone in Gibberella zeae. Mol Microbiol. 2005;58:1102-13 pubmed..zeae. This is the first published report on the molecular characterization of genes required for ZEA biosynthesis...
- Sweeney C, Zou J, Choi U, Merling R, Liu A, Bodansky A, et al. Targeted Repair of CYBB in X-CGD iPSCs Requires Retention of Intronic Sequences for Expression and Functional Correction. Mol Ther. 2017;25:321-330 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it highlights a key issue for targeted insertion strategies for expression from an endogenous promoter: retention of intronic elements can be necessary for expression. ..