Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fibrosis in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
- Park S, On Y, Kim J, Choi J, Ju E, Jeong D, et al. Transforming growth factor ?1-mediated atrial fibrotic activity and the recovery of atrial mechanical contraction after surgical maze procedure. Int J Cardiol. 2013;164:232-7 pubmed publisher..Earlier surgical intervention might be needed to preserve atrial mechanical function. ..
- Ko S, Kwon H, Kim S, Moon S, Ahn Y, Song K, et al. Ramipril treatment suppresses islet fibrosis in Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima fatty rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:114-22 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report suggesting the potential effect of ramipril on the prevention of islet destruction by fibrosis in the animal model of type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Park E, Kim H, Kim M, Oh H. Histological changes after treatment for localized fat deposits with phosphatidylcholine and sodium deoxycholate. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2013;12:240-3 pubmed publisher..Fibroid necrosis with extravasation was noted in the small vessels around fat necrosis. Therefore, careful use of PPC and DC is recommended when patients want to cosmetically reduce localized fat. ..
- Chung S, Jeong J, Chang Y, Choi D, Na K, Lim B, et al. Concomitant inhibition of renin angiotensin system and Toll-like receptor 2 attenuates renal injury in unilateral ureteral obstructed mice. Korean J Intern Med. 2016;31:323-34 pubmed publisher..TLR2 deletion induced activation of the RAS in UUO kidneys. Moreover, inhibition of both RAS and TLR2 had an additive ameliorative effect on UUO injury of the kidney. ..
- Park S, On Y, Kim J, Park S, Yang J, Jun T, et al. Relation of fragmented QRS complex to right ventricular fibrosis detected by late gadolinium enhancement cardiac magnetic resonance in adults with repaired tetralogy of fallot. Am J Cardiol. 2012;109:110-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, fQRS was closely associated with more extensive RV fibrosis and dysfunction in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot. ..
- Lee E, Ryu G, Ko S, Ahn Y, Yoon K, Ha H, et al. Antioxidant treatment may protect pancreatic beta cells through the attenuation of islet fibrosis in an animal model of type 2 diabetes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;414:397-402 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that antioxidants may protect beta cells through the attenuation of both islet fibrosis and beta cell apoptosis in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Park Y, Park M, Suh Y, Park J. NAD(P)H oxidase inhibitor prevents blood pressure elevation and cardiovascular hypertrophy in aldosterone-infused rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:812-7 pubmed..These results suggest that NAD(P)H oxidase plays an important role in cardiovascular damage associated with mineralocorticoid hypertension. ..
- Shin K, Lee K, Chung M, Han J, Bae Y, Kim T, et al. Prognostic determinants among clinical, thin-section CT, and histopathologic findings for fibrotic idiopathic interstitial pneumonias: tertiary hospital study. Radiology. 2008;249:328-37 pubmed publisher..973, P = .025) were identified as associated with increased death risk. Patients with UIP or fibrotic NSIP who have a high fibrotic score determined at thin-section CT and a low Dlco level appear to have a high death risk. ..
- Kim S, Park J. Normal and abnormal US findings at the mastectomy site. Radiographics. 2004;24:357-65 pubmed
- Chung J, Ann S, Singh G, Nam C, Doh J, Kim H, et al. Segmental assessments of coronary plaque morphology and composition by virtual histology intravascular ultrasound and fractional flow reserve. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;32:373-80 pubmed publisher..75 such as high concentrations of necrotic core in mid segment, these differences in each segment become obscure in FFR â‰¤ 0.75 and are evenly distributed across the lesion. ..
- Hashem M, Jun K, Lee E, Lim S, Choo H, Kwon Y. A rapid and sensitive screening system for human type I collagen with the aim of discovering potent anti-aging or anti-fibrotic compounds. Mol Cells. 2008;26:625-30 pubmed..Lactic acid, EGCG, resveratrol, and retinol that can inhibit collagen synthesis effectively in a dose-dependent manner may be used for anti-fibrosis treatment purposes. ..
- Lee W, Kim Y, Choi I, Rah D, Yun C. Adenovirus-relaxin gene therapy for keloids: implication for reversing pathological fibrosis. Br J Dermatol. 2011;165:673-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the antifibrotic effect of RLX-expressing adenovirus may have therapeutic effects on keloids by reversing pathological fibrosis and preventing keloid recurrence after surgical excision. ..
- Park H, Kim E, Kim M, Lim J, Kim H, Park C, et al. The protective effect of neutralizing high-mobility group box1 against chronic cyclosporine nephrotoxicity in mice. Transpl Immunol. 2016;34:42-9 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that HMGB1 blockade can be beneficial for increasing allograft survival in renal transplant recipients by protecting against calcineurin inhibitor-induced nephrotoxicity. ..
- Lee J, Hwang L, Ha H. Adenosine receptors are up-regulated in unilateral ureteral obstructed rat kidneys. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:1166-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine which subtypes of AR play a protective or pathogenic role in tubulointerstitial fibrosis. ..
- Lee Y, Yoon K, Kim Y, Chung P, Hwang J, Park Y, et al. Clinical features and outcome of physiotherapy in early presenting congenital muscular torticollis with severe fibrosis on ultrasonography: a prospective study. J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46:1526-31 pubmed publisher..Treatment was "successful" in 49 patients (98%). In young infants with CMT, US can document severity; and an early and adequate physiotherapy is a good treatment option, particularly even in those with severe fibrosis. ..
- Ko S, Hong O, Kim J, Ahn Y, Song K, Cha B, et al. High glucose increases extracellular matrix production in pancreatic stellate cells by activating the renin-angiotensin system. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:343-55 pubmed..The data suggest that pancreatic inflammation and fibrosis aggravated by hyperglycemia, and Ang II play an important role in this pathogenesis. ..
- Lee J, Yi C, Kim T, Kim H, Kim J, Han J, et al. CT scan features as predictors of patient outcome after bronchial intervention in endobronchial TB. Chest. 2010;138:380-5 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of CT scan features may help radiologists to predict the results of lung-conserving therapy to avoid unnecessary interventions. ..
- Chung J, Yu J, Kim D, Chung J, Kim J, Kim K. Hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma in the cirrhotic liver: diffusion-weighted imaging versus superparamagnetic iron oxide-enhanced MRI. Magn Reson Imaging. 2011;29:1235-43 pubmed publisher..For assessment of hypervascular HCC, DWI in combination with dynamic MRI provides comparable or slightly better information compared with the combination of dynamic and SPIO-enhanced MRI. ..
- Bae J, Jeon T, Kim J, Kim S, Hwang S, Yoo S, et al. Fontan-associated liver disease: Spectrum of US findings. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:850-6 pubmed publisher..US examination may be useful for identifying the progression of FALD before biochemical hepatic dysfunction. ..
- Jung D, Kim B, Choi J, Rho Y, Park H, Han W. Gross and pathologic analysis of long-term silicone implants inserted into the human body for augmentation rhinoplasty: 221 revision cases. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007;120:1997-2003 pubmed..Silicone implants were noted to induce calcification when inserted for a long time, causing long-term morphologic changes. This should be taken into consideration when choosing silicone implants for augmentation rhinoplasty. ..
- Hwang J, Ra Y, Lee K, Lee J, Ghil S. Therapeutic effect of passive mobilization exercise on improvement of muscle regeneration and prevention of fibrosis after laceration injury of rat. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006;87:20-6 pubmed..According to the results, the best time to begin stretching exercises is 14 days after laceration for antifibrosis and muscle regeneration. ..
- Lim J, Kim E, Kim M, Chung S, Shin S, Kim H, et al. Age-associated molecular changes in the kidney in aged mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2012;2012:171383 pubmed publisher..Klotho can also induce oxidative stress. Pharmacologically targeting these signaling molecules may reduce the pathologic changes of aging in the kidney. ..
- Moon H, Park Y, Ryu Y, Kim J, Kwon T, Chung H, et al. The angiogenic capacity from ligamentum flavum subsequent to inflammation: a critical component of the pathomechanism of hypertrophy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:E147-55 pubmed publisher..In vitro study about angiogenic potentiality of ligamentum flavum (LF) cells using coculture of human lumbar LF cells and activated macropage-like THP-1 cells...
- Kim B, Lee J, Lee Y, Lee K, Suh K, Han J, et al. MR elastography for noninvasive assessment of hepatic fibrosis: experience from a tertiary center in Asia. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011;34:1110-6 pubmed publisher..2%), with a shear stiffness cutoff value of 5.32 kPa. MRE could be a promising, noninvasive technique with excellent diagnostic accuracy for detecting significant HF and liver cirrhosis. ..
- Bae E, Kim S, Hong S, Liu F, Ooshima A. Smad3 linker phosphorylation attenuates Smad3 transcriptional activity and TGF-?1/Smad3-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in renal epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;427:593-9 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of mechanism regulating the Smad3 linker phosphorylation can provide a new strategy to control renal fibrosis. ..
- Chea S, Lee K. TGF-beta mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Yonsei Med J. 2009;50:105-11 pubmed publisher..However, there are no data of EMT in humane autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD)...
- Noh H, Kim H, Yu M, Kim W, Kim J, Ryu J, et al. Heat shock protein 90 inhibitor attenuates renal fibrosis through degradation of transforming growth factor-? type II receptor. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1583-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Hsp90 inhibitor prevents the development of renal fibrosis via a mechanism dependent on Smurf2-mediated degradation of T?RII. ..
- Rhyu D, Yang Y, Ha H, Lee G, Song J, Uh S, et al. Role of reactive oxygen species in TGF-beta1-induced mitogen-activated protein kinase activation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in renal tubular epithelial cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:667-75 pubmed..Thus, this data suggest that ROS play an important role in TGF-beta1-induced EMT primarily through activation of MAPK and subsequently through ERK-directed activation of Smad pathway in proximal tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Lee J, Chang J, Lee K. Syringoma: a clinicopathologic and immunohistologic study and results of treatment. Yonsei Med J. 2007;48:35-40 pubmed..006). We also performed immunohistochemical stain for the presence of progesterone receptor (PR) and estrogen receptor (ER) in fifty six cases with negative results...
- Sun B, Li C, Lim S, Jung J, Lee S, Kim I, et al. Expression of transforming growth factor-beta-inducible gene-h3 in normal and cyclosporine-treated rat kidney. J Lab Clin Med. 2004;143:175-83 pubmed..746, P =.05). Our observations indicate that an increase in betaig-h3 expression, along with TGF-beta1 up-regulation, is closely associated with tubulointerstitial fibrosis in a rat model of chronic CsA nephropathy. ..
- Yoo K, Thornhill B, Forbes M, Coleman C, Marcinko E, Liaw L, et al. Osteopontin regulates renal apoptosis and interstitial fibrosis in neonatal chronic unilateral ureteral obstruction. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1735-41 pubmed..However, OPN also suppresses apoptosis. Future approaches to limit the progression of obstructive nephropathy in the developing kidney will require targeting of specific renal compartments. ..
- Tashbaeva R, Hwang D, Song G, Choi N, Lee J, Lyoo Y, et al. Cellular characterization of multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein, alpha fetoprotein, and neovascular endothelium-associated antigens in canine hepatocellular carcinoma and cirrhotic liver. Vet Pathol. 2007;44:600-6 pubmed..The importance of these markers in HCC and cirrhosis in dogs was demonstrated and provides a more accurate basis for a definitive diagnosis of HCC and cirrhosis in dogs. ..
- Lim C, Rhyu W, Lee Y, Choh J. Management of left atrial endocardium after extensive thrombectomy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79:e11-2 pubmed..We recently managed such a patient successfully using extensive thrombectomy and endocardial coverage with a fresh autologous pericardial patch. ..
- Noh H, Oh E, Seo J, Yu M, Kim Y, Ha H, et al. Histone deacetylase-2 is a key regulator of diabetes- and transforming growth factor-beta1-induced renal injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F729-39 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HDAC-2 plays an important role in the development of ECM accumulation and EMT in diabetic kidney and that ROS mediate TGF-beta1-induced activation of HDAC-2. ..
- Kwon O, Kang S, Kang S, Lee P, Yun S, Ahn J, et al. Relationship Between Serum Inflammatory Marker Levels and the Dynamic Changes in Coronary Plaque Characteristics After Statin Therapy. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00997880. ..
- Han S, Wu M, Nam B, Park J, Yoo T, Kang S, et al. PGC-1? Protects from Notch-Induced Kidney Fibrosis Development. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3312-3322 pubmed publisher..Our results show that metabolic dysregulation has a key role in kidney fibrosis induced by sustained activation of the Notch developmental pathway and can be ameliorated by PGC-1?. ..
- Chung S, Kim S, Kim M, Koh E, Shin S, Park C, et al. Treatment combining aliskiren with paricalcitol is effective against progressive renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis via dual blockade of intrarenal renin. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181757 pubmed publisher..Taken together, a treatment combining aliskiren with paricalcitol better inhibits UUO-induced renal injury. The mechanism of this synergy may involve more profound inhibition of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system. ..
- Lee Y, Kim J, Lee E, Ahn Y, Song K, Yoon K, et al. Chronic resveratrol treatment protects pancreatic islets against oxidative stress in db/db mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50412 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RSV may have a therapeutic implication in the prevention and management of diabetes. ..
- Kim N, Han J, Kwon T. Nasal rhinoscleroma in a nonendemic area: a case report. J Korean Med Sci. 2003;18:455-8 pubmed..Here, we emphasize the recognition of this rare entity in nonendemic regions, frequently leading to delayed diagnosis...
- Ko J, Chae M, Lee J, Lee E, Yoon J. Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Mediates Fibrosis in Orbital Fibroblasts in Graves' Orbitopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2544-2553 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of S1P activity might have therapeutic potential in the suppression of fibrosis in GO. ..
- Hong S, Choo E, Ihm S, Chang K, Seung K. Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor attenuates obesity-induced myocardial fibrosis by inhibiting transforming growth factor-?l and Smad2/3 pathways in high-fat diet-induced obesity rat model. Metabolism. 2017;76:42-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DPP4 inhibition attenuated myocardial fibrosis and improved LV diastolic dysfunction in a DIO rat model by modulating the TGF-?1 and Smad2/3 pathways. ..
- Park H, Kim J, Park C. VEGF induces TGF-?1 expression and myofibroblast transformation after glaucoma surgery. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:2147-54 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic approaches modulating VEGF may control myofibroblast transformation and reduce subconjunctival fibrosis after glaucoma surgery. ..
- Moon S, Kim J, Park S, Lee H, Do J, Chung H. A system for treating ischemic disease using human embryonic stem cell-derived endothelial cells without direct incorporation. Biomaterials. 2011;32:6445-55 pubmed publisher..We expect these results to contribute to the thriving stem cell field by improving the bioavailability of hESC derivatives for regenerative medicine...
- Seo J, Park J, Yu M, Kim Y, Ha H, Lee H. Positive feedback loop between plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 during renal fibrosis in diabetes. Am J Nephrol. 2009;30:481-90 pubmed publisher..Since TGF-beta1 is well known to stimulate the PAI-1 promoter, we suggest that TGF-beta1 and PAI-1 together constitute a positive feedback loop in the development of renal fibrosis in diabetes. ..
- Yun S, Shin J, Lim B, Kim K, Gil C, Kim D, et al. Change in the cells that express connective tissue growth factor in acute Coxsackievirus-induced myocardial fibrosis in mouse. Virus Res. 2007;126:62-8 pubmed..Our results, based on an acute CVB3 model of myocarditis, provide evidence that CTGF may mediate the development of fibrosis after viral myocarditis, and that the cells expressed CTGF changes during the course of viral myocarditis. ..
- Seok J, Na D, Woo H, Roncalli M, Kwon S, Yoo J, et al. A fibrous stromal component in hepatocellular carcinoma reveals a cholangiocarcinoma-like gene expression trait and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Hepatology. 2012;55:1776-86 pubmed publisher..The expression of stem-cell-like traits and TGF-?/EMT molecules may play a pivotal role in the aggressive phenotyping of S-HCC. (HEPATOLOGY 2012;55:1776-1786). ..
- Chung B, Lee J, Choi M, Park M, Choi D, Hong S. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes are associated with fibrosis of the intrahepatic bile duct wall in human clonorchiasis. Korean J Parasitol. 2009;47:145-51 pubmed publisher..0) in high, 56.5% (OR = 3.9) in moderate, and 25.0% (OR = 1) in low risk groups. SNP of IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha genes may contribute to the modulation of fibrosis in the intrahepatic bile duct wall in clonorchiasis patients...
- Lee J, Rim H, Bak U. Effect of Clonorchis sinensis infection and dimethylnitrosamine administration on the induction of cholangiocarcinoma in Syrian golden hamsters. Korean J Parasitol. 1993;31:21-30 pubmed..It was suggested that C. sinensis infection and DMN administration could be a synergism on the development of cholangiocarcinoma in Syrian golden hamsters...
- Jeong M, Kim H, Pyun J, Choi K, Lee D, Solhjoo S, et al. Cdon deficiency causes cardiac remodeling through hyperactivation of WNT/Î²-catenin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E1345-E1354 pubmed publisher..Cdon exhibits great potential as a target for the treatment of cardiac fibrosis and cardiomyopathy. ..
- Seo H, Lee S, Lee C, Kim R, Kim P, Oh S, et al. Exogenous miRNA-146a Enhances the Therapeutic Efficacy of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Increasing Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Secretion in the Ischemia/Reperfusion-Injured Heart. J Vasc Res. 2017;54:100-108 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that miR-146 is a novel microRNA that regulates VEGF expression, and its use may be an effective strategy for enhancing the therapeutic efficacy of hMSC transplantation into the I/R-injured heart. ..
- Kim D, Kim Y, Chang S, Lee H, Kim H, Kim H, et al. The protective effect of thalidomide on left ventricular function in a rat model of diabetic cardiomyopathy. Eur J Heart Fail. 2010;12:1051-60 pubmed publisher..In an animal model of DMCMP, deterioration of LV systolic and diastolic function was partially prevented by thalidomide treatment. ..
- Han D, Song H, Lee S, Song J, Piao S, Yoon H, et al. Upregulation of hyaluronan and its binding receptors in an experimental model of chronic cyclosporine nephropathy. Nephrology (Carlton). 2010;15:216-24 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that upregulation of HA and its binding receptors are involved in interstitial fibrosis in chronic CsA-induced renal injury. ..
- Chung M, Baek G, Oh J, Lee Y, Cho H, Gong H. Extensor indicis proprius transfer for the abducted small finger. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:392-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we evaluated the outcomes of an alternative reconstruction method for the abducted small finger using an extensor indicis proprius (EIP) transfer...
- Jung J, Lee H, Lee J, Na K, Hwang S, Kim G. Placenta extract promote liver regeneration in CCl4-injured liver rat model. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:976-84 pubmed publisher..These findings are important for understanding the roles of hPE and provide evidences for therapeutic effects of hPE in hepatic diseases which could lead to potential clinical applications. ..