Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications577 found, 100 shown here
- Park J, Kim J, Kim S, Kim S, Lim S, Lim H, et al. Subclinical left ventricular diastolic dysfunction and incident type 2 diabetes risk: the Korean Genome and Epidemiology Study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2017;16:36 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the echocardiographic assessment of LV diastolic function may be helpful in identifying non-diabetic subjects at risk of incident T2D. ..
- Jung S, Kim M, Choi B. The long-term relationship between dietary pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) intake and C-reactive protein concentration in adults aged 40 years and older. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;27:806-816 pubmed publisher..001, ? = -0.35 (P-value = 0.001) for PA average (baseline, 2nd, 3rd)). In conclusion, dietary PA intake was inversely related to subsequent CRP concentration in both men and women aged 40 years or older in South Korea. ..
- Hur Y, Cho A, Huh S, Kim S. How do medical students differ in their interpersonal needs?. BMC Med Educ. 2017;17:42 pubmed publisher..The FIRO-B is a useful tool for giving insight into students regarding their interpersonal orientations, which will help them to adjust to medical school life. In addition, the FIRO-B can be useful when mentoring and coaching students. ..
- Park J, Kim J, Park K, Kil H. A randomized comparison of volume- and pressure-controlled ventilation in children with the i-gel: Effects on peak inspiratory pressure, oropharyngeal leak pressure, and gastric insufflation. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6772 pubmed publisher..999). When i-gel was used without a gastric tube, gastric insufflation occurred regardless of the ventilation modes, which provided different PIP. ..
- Park S, Ha S, Kwon H, Kim W, Kim T, Oh D, et al. Prospective Evaluation of Changes in Tumor Size and Tumor Metabolism in Patients with Advanced Gastric Cancer Undergoing Chemotherapy: Association and Clinical Implication. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:899-904 pubmed publisher..Considering both changes in metabolism and size could help predict a more accurate prognosis for AGC patients undergoing chemotherapy. ..
- Powles T, O Donnell P, Massard C, Arkenau H, Friedlander T, Hoimes C, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Durvalumab in Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma: Updated Results From a Phase 1/2 Open-label Study. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:e172411 pubmed publisher..Durvalumab, 10 mg/kg every 2 weeks, demonstrates favorable clinical activity and an encouraging and manageable safety profile in patients with locally advanced/metastatic UC. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01693562. ..
- Fann N, Kim S, Olives C, Sheppard L. Estimated Changes in Life Expectancy and Adult Mortality Resulting from Declining PM2.5 Exposures in the Contiguous United States: 1980-2010. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097003 pubmed publisher..Estimating the corresponding change in population exposure and PM2.5-attributable risk of death prior to the year 2000 is made difficult by the lack of PM2.5 monitoring data...
- Kim Y, Shin H, Ju W, Kim S. Prevention of lymphocele by using gelatin-thrombin matrix as a tissue sealant after pelvic lymphadenectomy in patients with gynecologic cancers: a prospective randomized controlled study. J Gynecol Oncol. 2017;28:e37 pubmed publisher..The application of FloSeal as a tissue sealant in lymph nodes resected tissues can reduce the incidence of pelvic lymphocele in gynecologic cancer patients. A large randomized controlled study could confirm these preliminary results. ..
- Jeon B, Kim S, Sang B. Megasphaera hexanoica sp. nov., a medium-chain carboxylic acid-producing bacterium isolated from a cow rumen. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2114-2120 pubmed publisher..nov. is herein proposed. The type strain of this species is MHT (=KCCM 43214T=JCM 31403T)...
- Choi J, Yoon B, Han K, Hong S, Ha U. Urinary incontinence is associated with the development of peptic ulcers in adult women: Data from the KNHANES IV. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8266 pubmed publisher..A higher level of psychological stress perception was also significantly associated with increased odds of PU in the adjusted model.UI could potentiate the development of PU through increasing levels of psychological stress perception...
- Kim S, Chang Y, Sung E, Kim C, Yun K, Jung H, et al. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and the development of nephrolithiasis: A cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184506 pubmed publisher..97, 95% CI 0.81-1.16). In this large cohort study of young and middle-aged Koreans, NAFLD was significantly associated with an increased incidence of nephrolithiasis in men but not in women. ..
- Park K, Kim E, Han H, Shim Y, Kwon J, Ku B, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of rivastigmine patch therapy in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's dementia associated with minimal and moderate ischemic white matter hyperintensities: A multicenter prospective open-label clinical trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182123 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01380288. ..
- Jambaldorj E, Han M, Jeong J, Koo T, Min S, Song E, et al. Poor predictability of QuantiFERON-TB assay in recipients and donors for tuberculosis development after kidney transplantation in an intermediate-TB-burden country. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:88 pubmed publisher..758; 95% CI, 0.106-29.274; P?=?0.694) could not predict post-KT TB. The QFT of recipients or living donors pre-KT cannot predict the short-term development of post-KT TB in an intermediate TB-burden country. ..
- Jin K, Shin Y, Hyon J. Effects of chalazia on corneal astigmatism : Large-sized chalazia in middle upper eyelids compress the cornea and induce the corneal astigmatism. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:36 pubmed publisher..Chalazion should be treated before corneal topography is performed preoperatively and before the diagnosis of corneal diseases. ..
- Won J, Jang W, Lee H, Park S, Kim W, Park J, et al. Novel missense loss-of-function mutations of WNT1 in an autosomal recessive Osteogenesis imperfecta patient. Eur J Med Genet. 2017;60:411-415 pubmed publisher..Although the pathogenic mechanism of WNT1 defects in OI has yet to be uncovered, these findings further contribute to the implications and importance of functional relevance of WNT1 in skeletal disorders. ..
- Kwon J, Kim K, Chie E, Kim B, Jang J, Kim S, et al. Prognostic relevance of lymph node status for patients with ampullary adenocarcinoma after radical resection followed by adjuvant treatment. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1690-1696 pubmed publisher..LNR performs better than other LN related parameters for predicting survival. After radical resection followed by adjuvant treatment, survival of patients with one positive LN does not seem to differ from patients without LN metastasis. ..
- Moon W, Kim S, Park S, Paek S, Kwon J. The cost-effectiveness of deep brain stimulation for patients with treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7397 pubmed publisher..The results showed that DBS is a cost-effective treatment for TROCD in both the countries. Our findings provide economic evidence on the applicability of DBS for patients, health care service providers, and payers. ..
- Chang J, Shim K, Tae C, Lee K, Lee J, Lee K, et al. Comparison of clinical outcomes after endoscopic submucosal dissection and surgery in the treatment of early gastric cancer: A single-institute study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7210 pubmed publisher..For the treatment of early gastric cancer fulfilled absolute and expanded indications, endoscopic submucosal dissection is not inferior modality regarding the clinical outcomes and safety, compared with surgery. ..
- Steliarova Foucher E, Colombet M, Ries L, Moreno F, Dolya A, Bray F, et al. International incidence of childhood cancer, 2001-10: a population-based registry study. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:719-731 pubmed publisher..The observed geographical, racial and ethnic, age, sex, and temporal variations require constant monitoring and research. International Agency for Research on Cancer and the Union for International Cancer Control. ..
- Kim S, Habib O, Kim J, Han H, Koo S, Kim J. Generation of a Nrf2 homozygous knockout human embryonic stem cell line using CRISPR/Cas9. Stem Cell Res. 2017;19:46-48 pubmed publisher..The Nrf2 homozygous knockout H9 cell line maintains pluripotency, differentiation potential into three germ layers, and a normal karyotype. ..
- Chung H, Ko S, Hwang H, So Y, Yi J, Lee E. Diagnostic Performance of Coronary CT Angiography, Stress Dual-Energy CT Perfusion, and Stress Perfusion Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography for Coronary Artery Disease: Comparison with Combined Invasive Coronary Angiography and Stress Perfusi. Korean J Radiol. 2017;18:476-486 pubmed publisher..71 ± 0.11, and 0.70 ± 0.11, respectively. The combination of CCTA and DE-CTP enhances specificity without a loss of sensitivity for detecting hemodynamically significant coronary artery stenosis, as defined by combined ICA and SP-CMR. ..
- Jung Y, Han M, Kim W, Park S, Cheon J. Incidence and Clinical Outcomes of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in South Korea, 2011-2014: A Nationwide Population-Based Study. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:2102-2112 pubmed publisher..Patients who had been diagnosed recently with IBD showed lower rates of surgery and higher rates of immunomodulator and biologic use compared to those reported ever in South Korea. ..
- Sinn D, Min Y, Son H, Rhee P, Paik S, Hong S, et al. Metabolically-healthy obesity is associated with higher prevalence of colorectal adenoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179480 pubmed publisher..31-2.04) and 1.53 (1.14-2.04), respectively]. The MHO phenotype was closely associated with higher prevalence of CRA, including high-risk adenoma. This finding supports the conclusion that MHO increases the risk of colorectal cancer. ..
- Cha M, Choi E, Han K, Lee S, Lim W, Oh S, et al. Effectiveness and Safety of Non-Vitamin K Antagonist Oral Anticoagulants in Asian Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. Stroke. 2017;48:3040-3048 pubmed publisher..All-cause mortality was significantly lower only with dabigatran and apixaban. ..
- Choi Y, Eom Y, Song J, Kim H. Influence of corneal power on intraocular lens power of the second eye in the SRK/T formula in bilateral cataract surgery. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:261 pubmed publisher..6 D or less than 42.8 D, an approximately 70-80% adjustment of the first eye error should be considered. In contrast, for K values between 42.8 D and 44.6 D, a 30% or less adjustment should be considered in the SRK/T formula. ..
- Suh D, Kim M, Kim K, Kim H, Lee K, Kim J. Major clinical research advances in gynecologic cancer in 2016: 10-year special edition. J Gynecol Oncol. 2017;28:e45 pubmed publisher..For breast cancer, adaptively randomized trials, extending aromatase inhibitor therapy, and ribociclib and palbociclib were introduced. ..
- Lee S, Jee Y, Jung K, Hong S, Shin E, Jee S. Bilirubin and Stroke Risk Using a Mendelian Randomization Design. Stroke. 2017;48:1154-1160 pubmed publisher..There is no evidence that bilirubin level is causally associated with risk of stroke in Koreans. Therefore, bilirubin level is not a risk determinant of stroke. ..
- Hong S, Kim M. Relationship between fruit and vegetable intake and the risk of metabolic syndrome and its disorders in Korean women according to menopausal status. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:514-523 pubmed publisher..004). Results suggest that while fruit intake was inversely associated with high BP in premenopausal women, greater dietary intake of vegetables and total FV may protect against the risk of MetS, particularly in postmenopausal women. ..
- Kim J, Hur K, Lee J, Lee J, Se Y, Kim H, et al. Outcome of Endoscopic Transsphenoidal Surgery for Acromegaly. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:272-278 pubmed publisher..Regardless of surgical techniques, invasive pituitary tumors were associated with poor outcome. ..
- Choi H, Sohn Y, Seo M. Comparison of 3D and 2D shear-wave elastography for differentiating benign and malignant breast masses: focus on the diagnostic performance. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:878-886 pubmed publisher..Addition of 3D SWE images to B-mode US improved the diagnostic performance for distinguishing benign from malignant masses. ..
- Jang M, Chung J, Yeon J, Kim J, Hong S, Bang O, et al. Frequency and significance of rare RNF213 variants in patients with adult moyamoya disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179689 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, in our cohort of Korean patients, the p.Arg4810Lys is the only variant that is strongly associated with MMD among the 30 RNF213 variants listed in the HGMD. ..
- Jang M, Sung J, Kim J, Kim H. Clinicopathological Characteristics of Metaplastic Papillary Tumor of the Fallopian Tube. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3693-3701 pubmed..Our observation of cytoplasmic WT1 expression and loss of PTEN expression in tubal MPT suggests its neoplastic nature and raises the possibility of WT1 or PTEN involvement in the development of MPT. ..
- Kim H, Choi Y, Lee K, Lee M. Periorbital changes associated with prostaglandin analogs in Korean patients. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:126 pubmed publisher..Periorbital changes are frequently seen in patients who use PGAs, and superior sulcus deepening is the most common change in Korean patients. Long-term use of PGAs and old age were associated with superior sulcus deepening. ..
- Song Y, Lim J, Min H, Kim M, Choi H, Cho S, et al. Changes in the clinicopathological characteristics and genetic alterations of follicular thyroid cancer. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;177:465-473 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the prevalence of RAS mutations decreased. RAS and TERT promoter mutations may be associated with poor clinical outcomes in FTC, especially when the two mutations coexist. ..
- Park S, Kwon E, Lee H. Life Course Trajectories of Later-Life Cognitive Functions: Does Social Engagement in Old Age Matter?. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that, despite the cumulative life course factors evident in cognitive decline, social engagement in old age may serve as a potential protective resource. ..
- Hyun M, Lee Y, Kim J, Je J, Yoo Y, Yeon J, et al. Systematic review with meta-analysis: the efficacy and safety of tenofovir to prevent mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B virus. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017;45:1493-1505 pubmed publisher..Preventing mother to child transmission of chronic hepatitis B infection in the setting of a high maternal viral load is challenging. The idea has emerged from antepartum tenofovir treatment with combination immunoprophylaxis...
- Jung J, Kwak Y, Kwon H, Choi Y, Kim D, Kim H, et al. Effectiveness of finger-marker for maintaining the correct compression point during paediatric resuscitation: A simulation study. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1303-1308 pubmed publisher..Finger-marker stickers can be used to maintain correct finger positioning during 2-rescuer infant manikin CPR. ..
- Liang J, Le T, Edwards D, Tayo B, Gaulton K, Smith J, et al. Single-trait and multi-trait genome-wide association analyses identify novel loci for blood pressure in African-ancestry populations. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006728 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new evidence for genes related to hypertension susceptibility, and the need to study African-ancestry populations in order to identify biologic factors contributing to hypertension...
- Woo Y, Kim C, Sgrignoli B, Yoon J. Orbital Lymphangioma: Characteristics and Treatment Outcomes of 12 Cases. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2017;31:194-201 pubmed publisher..Partial resection may be effective only in patients with organized hematoma. ..
- Baselga J, Im S, Iwata H, Cortes J, De Laurentiis M, Jiang Z, et al. Buparlisib plus fulvestrant versus placebo plus fulvestrant in postmenopausal, hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative, advanced breast cancer (BELLE-2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:904-916 pubmed publisher..No further studies are being pursued because of the toxicity associated with this combination. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. ..
- Hong Y, Chang U, Kim Y, Jung E, Suh H. Dietary galacto-oligosaccharides improve skin health: a randomized double blind clinical trial. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:613-618 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings support that oral treatment with GOS is beneficial to the skin and present the possibility of new nutritional strategies for skin care. ..
- Chang M, Lee C, Ahn J, Cavalcante R, Sotomi Y, Onuma Y, et al. Comparison of Outcome of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Versus Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation for Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:380-386 pubmed publisher..In this study, among patients with NSTE-ACS for left main or multivessel coronary artery disease, CABG significantly reduces the risk of death from any causes, myocardial infarction, or stroke compared with PCI with drug-eluting stents. ..
- Yeon Park J, Young Kim H, Shibamoto T, Su Jang T, Cheon Lee S, Suk Shim J, et al. Beneficial effects of a medicinal herb, Cirsium japonicum var. maackii, extract and its major component, cirsimaritin on breast cancer metastasis in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3968-3973 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that Cirsium japonicum extract and its active component cirsimaritin is an excellent candidate as an alternative anti-breast cancer drug. ..
- Lee H, Sunwoo J, Ahn S, Moon J, Lim J, Jun J, et al. Central Nervous System Infection Associated with Orientia tsutsugamushi in South Korea. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:1094-1098 pubmed publisher..None of the patients reported side effects of the doxycycline treatment. An empirical treatment with doxycycline is needed in patients with CNS infections in scrub typhus endemic areas. ..
- Han M, Zheng W, Cai Q, Gao Y, Zheng Y, Bolla M, et al. Evaluating genetic variants associated with breast cancer risk in high and moderate-penetrance genes in Asians. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:511-518 pubmed publisher..These results provide further insights that, in addition to the high/moderate penetrance mutations, other low-penetrance variants in these genes may also contribute to breast cancer risk. ..
- Woo Y, Yoon J. Changes in pupillary distance after fat versus bony orbital decompression in Graves' orbitopathy. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:186-191 pubmed publisher..The change in PD was not related to the type of orbital decompression, but rather to the amount of proptosis reduction. Postoperative changes in PD should be considered when performing orbital decompression. ..
- Kim Y, Haam S, Lee S, Lee G, Joo S, Yum T, et al. Effectiveness of Ambulatory Tru-Close Thoracic Vent for the Outpatient Management of Pneumothorax: A Prospective Pilot Study. Korean J Radiol. 2017;18:519-525 pubmed publisher..TV application was a simple, safe, and technically feasible procedure in an outpatient clinic, with an acceptable long-term recurrence-free rate. Thus, TV could be useful for the immediate treatment of pneumothorax. ..
- Lee S, Yun S, Kim D, Jo H, Ryu S. Do we need a change in ED diagnostic strategy for adult acute epiglottitis?. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1519-1524 pubmed publisher..Based on the knowledge of the usefulness and risk factors of false-negative results of neck radiography, diagnostic process for acute epiglottitis using neck radiography need to be changed. ..
- Noh J, Lim S, Song J, Choi W, Jeong H, Heo J, et al. Interim estimates of the effectiveness of the influenza vaccine against A(H3N2) influenza in adults in South Korea, 2016-2017 season. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178010 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, interim VE analysis presented that the protection of laboratory-confirmed influenza by seasonal influenza vaccination did not show the statistical significance in South Korea in the 2016-2017 influenza season. ..
- Shin J, Sung K, Lee G, Durbin M, Cheng D. Ganglion Cell-Inner Plexiform Layer Change Detected by Optical Coherence Tomography Indicates Progression in Advanced Glaucoma. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1466-1474 pubmed publisher..781). Ganglion cell-inner plexiform layer GPA provides a new approach for evaluating glaucoma progression. It may be more useful for detecting progression in the advanced stages of glaucoma than RNFL GPA. ..
- Lee Y, Ha C, Kim S, Thoudam T, Yoon Y, Kim D, et al. Low-Dose Persistent Organic Pollutants Impair Insulin Secretory Function of Pancreatic β-Cells: Human and In Vitro Evidence. Diabetes. 2017;66:2669-2680 pubmed publisher..The data from human and in vitro cell experiments suggest that chronic exposure to low-dose POPs, especially OCPs, can induce pancreatic β-cell dysfunction. ..
- Liu X, Donnelly J, Czosnyka M, Aries M, Brady K, Cardim D, et al. Cerebrovascular pressure reactivity monitoring using wavelet analysis in traumatic brain injury patients: A retrospective study. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002348 pubmed publisher..The clinical utility of wPRx should be explored in prospective studies of critically injured neurological patients. ..
- Yoon C, Noh J, Jhee J, Chang T, Kang E, Kee Y, et al. Warfarin Use in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation Undergoing Hemodialysis: A Nationwide Population-Based Study. Stroke. 2017;48:2472-2479 pubmed publisher..90-1.26; P=0.470). Our findings suggest that warfarin should be used carefully in hemodialysis patients, given the higher risk of hemorrhagic events and the lack of ability to prevent thromboembolic complications. ..
- Kim M, Kho S, Kim D. Hierarchical ordered model for injury severity of pedestrian crashes in South Korea. J Safety Res. 2017;61:33-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, central and local governments should play a cooperative role to reduce pedestrian fatalities. Practical applications: Based on our study results, we suggest policy directions to enhance pedestrian safety. ..
- Xing L, Higuma T, Wang Z, Aguirre A, Mizuno K, Takano M, et al. Clinical Significance of Lipid-Rich Plaque Detected by Optical Coherence Tomography: A 4-Year Follow-Up Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2502-2513 pubmed publisher..The Massachusetts General Hospital Optical Coherence Tomography Registry; NCT01110538). ..
- Lee H, Kim B, Kim S, Park J, Kim D, Ahn S, et al. Prevalence and Predictors of Significant Fibrosis Among Subjects with Transient Elastography-Defined Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:2150-2158 pubmed publisher..9%), and 5.1% of them had concomitant significant liver fibrosis. The risk factors found in this study can help identify which subjects with NAFLD are vulnerable to fibrosis progression. ..
- Yoo W, Park Y, Choi Y, Kim S. Cortical Thickness and White Matter Integrity are Associated with CTG Expansion Size in Myotonic Dystrophy Type I. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:807-815 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DM1 is associated with wide distributions of network changes in both gray and white matter. Some of areas related to cognition showed significant correlations with CTG repeats. ..
- Eoh K, Yoon J, Lee I, Lee J, Kim S, Kim S, et al. The efficacy of systematic lymph node dissection in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer during interval debulking surgery performed after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:329-336 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis identified LND as an independent prognostic factor for PFS and OS. Systematic LND may have therapeutic value in advanced EOC patients treated with NAC and IDS. ..
- Min Y, Jang E, Jung J, Lee H, Min B, Lee J, et al. Comparison between gastrostomy feeding and self-expandable metal stent insertion for patients with esophageal cancer and dysphagia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179522 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that, compared with SEMS insertion, PG is associated with better overall survival in patients with esophageal cancer and dysphagia. Stabilized nutritional status by PG may play a role in improving patient survival. ..
- Sahakyan M, Kim S, Kleive D, Kazaryan A, Song K, Ignjatovic D, et al. Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: Long-term oncologic outcomes after standard resection. Surgery. 2017;162:802-811 pubmed publisher..Several risk factors, such as tumor size >3Â cm, no adjuvant chemotherapy, and lymphovascular invasion, are linked to poor prognosis after standard laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy. ..
- Ciuleanu T, Ahmed S, Kim J, Mezger J, Park K, Thomas M, et al. Randomised Phase 2 study of maintenance linsitinib (OSI-906) in combination with erlotinib compared with placebo plus erlotinib after platinum-based chemotherapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:757-766 pubmed publisher..This highlights the need for robust biomarkers of response for combinations that incorporate IGFR-targeted therapies in maintenance or other therapeutic settings. ..
- Fogarty N, McCarthy A, Snijders K, Powell B, Kubikova N, Blakeley P, et al. Genome editing reveals a role for OCT4 in human embryogenesis. Nature. 2017;550:67-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CRISPR-Cas9-mediated genome editing is a powerful method for investigating gene function in the context of human development. ..
- Suh S, Choi Y. Predictors of Micrometastases in Patients with Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Classification B Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:737-742 pubmed publisher..116; 95% CI, 0.027-0.497; p=0.004). AFP and PIVKA-II levels predict micrometastases and survival. Therefore, they should be considered when selecting SR for BCLC B HCC. ..
- Sohn I, Han J, Hahn S, Song D, Lyu C, Cheon K. Factors Associated with Emotional Distress in Children and Adolescents during Early Treatment for Cancer. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:816-822 pubmed publisher..Understanding the factors associated with emotional distress of cancer patients allows us to develop early psychiatric interventions for patients and their parents at the initial psychological crisis. ..
- Oh E, Oh K, Han M, Seo H, Chang K, Lee S, et al. Early anti-TNF/immunomodulator therapy is associated with better long-term clinical outcomes in Asian patients with Crohn's disease with poor prognostic factors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177479 pubmed publisher..094-5.249, P < 0.001) than early treatment. In conclusion, treatment of Asian CD patients having poor prognostic factors with anti-TNFs/IMs within 2 years of diagnosis is associated with better clinical outcomes than later treatment. ..
- Lee K, Kim E, Park Y, Do S, Chae S, Park C. Expression of epithelial-mesenchymal transition driver brachyury and status of tumor-infiltrating CD8+ and FOXP3+ lymphocytes in predicting treatment responses to neoadjuvant chemotherapy of breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317710575 pubmed publisher..Brachyury was significantly associated with estrogen receptor positive and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 negative status; further study would be needed to clarify how it affects treatment prognosis. ..
- Lim S, Sun J, Kekatpure A, Chun J, Jeon I. Rotator cuff surgery in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: clinical outcome comparable to age, sex and tear size matched non-rheumatoid patients. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2017;99:579-583 pubmed publisher..Elevated preoperative CRP level and history of systemic steroid intake portend inferior functional outcome in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Moon Y, Jun I, Kim K, Kim S, Song J, Hwang G. Comparison of acute kidney injury between open and laparoscopic liver resection: Propensity score analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186336 pubmed publisher..14.9 ± 3.9 × 103/?L, P < 0.001). Our findings suggest that the laparoscopic technique, by decreasing the inflammatory response, may reduce the occurrence of postoperative acute kidney injury during liver resection surgery...
- Han M, Kim J, Choi K, Kim C, Kim J, Cheong J, et al. Monthly variations in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage incidence and mortality: Correlation with weather and pollution. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186973 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to determine the seasonality of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage occurrence and mortality...
- Yon D, Park J, Kim S, Shim S, Chae K. A sibship with duplication of Xq28 inherited from the mother; genomic characterization and clinical outcomes. BMC Med Genet. 2017;18:30 pubmed publisher..We tried to analyze the information of the relationship between neuropsychiatric phenotype and the extent of duplication at Xq28 by comparing with previous reports. ..
- Kiertiburanakul S, Boettiger D, Ng O, Van Kinh N, Merati T, Avihingsanon A, et al. Factors associated with pre-treatment HIV RNA: application for the use of abacavir and rilpivirine as the first-line regimen for HIV-infected patients in resource-limited settings. AIDS Res Ther. 2017;14:27 pubmed publisher..A model prediction for pre-treatment HIV RNA <100,000 copies/mL produced an area under the ROC curve of 0.70. A larger sample size for prediction model development as well as for model validation is warranted. ..
- Ahn C, Min S, Lee D, Oh T, Kim K, Moon J, et al. Hemoglobin Glycation Index Is Associated With Cardiovascular Diseases in People With Impaired Glucose Metabolism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2905-2913 pubmed publisher..1%). High HGI was independently associated with overall and individual CVDs. This result suggests that discrepancy between HbA1c and fasting glucose levels can reflect vascular health in subjects with impaired glucose metabolism. ..
- Jang Y, Kim J, Lee K. Validation of the revised piper fatigue scale in Koreans with chronic hepatitis B. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177690 pubmed publisher..Further studies ascertaining the psychometric properties of the revised PFS need to be performed in Korean patients. ..
- Kang Y, Jung C, Cho Y, Lee S, Lee M, Hwang J, et al. Fatty liver disease determines the progression of coronary artery calcification in a metabolically healthy obese population. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175762 pubmed publisher..Preventive interventions targeting cardiometabolic risk factors should be considered in such individuals, regardless of the weight status. ..
- Kim H, Jo M, Kim B, Kim J, Jeong Y, Na Y, et al. Reactive oxygen species modulator-1 (Romo1) predicts unfavorable prognosis in colorectal cancer patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176834 pubmed publisher..Increased Romo1 expression was found to be associated with high lymph node ratio. Cancer invasiveness appeared to be a key reason for the poor survival related to highly expressed Romo1. ..
- Na K, Park S, Kim H. Clinicopathological Characteristics of Primary Ovarian Adenomyoma: A Single-institutional Experience. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2565-2574 pubmed..Although ovarian adenomyoma is rare, awareness of this tumor type aids pathologists in making correct diagnoses and clinicians in avoiding unwarranted therapeutic procedures. ..
- Elger C, Hong S, Brandt C, Mancione L, Han J, Strohmaier C. BGG492 as an adjunctive treatment in patients with partial-onset seizures: A 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II dose-titration study with an open-label extension. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1217-1226 pubmed publisher..Safety and tolerability data were consistent with the known safety profile for BGG492, and no new safety risks were identified. ..
- Cho S, An H, Kim K, Ko J, Kim J, Kim Y, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms at miR-146a/196a2 and their primary ovarian insufficiency-related target gene regulation in granulosa cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183479 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-146aC>G and miR-196a2T>C can regulate the levels of many of their target transcripts. In addition, specific target genes of miR-146aC>G polymorphisms may be involved in granulosa cell regulation. ..
- Choi J, Lee J, Cha J, Kim K, Hong S, Lee S. Predictive models of objective oropharyngeal OSA surgery outcomes: Success rate and AHI reduction ratio. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185201 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to develop a predictive model of objective oropharyngeal obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) surgery outcomes including success rate and apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) reduction ratio in adult OSA patients...
- Wu C, Huang Z, Pan Z, Luo J, Li Z, Zhong J, et al. Coronal Multiplane Reconstructed Computed Tomography Image Determining Lateral Vertebral Notch-Referred Pedicle Screw Entry Point in Subaxial Cervical Spine: A Preclinical Study. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:322-329 pubmed publisher..33%. CMRI is reliable for determining subaxial cervical PS entry point. LVN is a consistent landmark for the notch-referred technique, which is a practical and easy to master technique for subaxial cervical spine PS insertion. ..
- Kim S, Kim H, Kim M, Park B, Kim J, Choi H. Discrepancy between self-assessed hearing status and measured audiometric evaluation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182718 pubmed publisher..An understanding of these factors associated with the self-reported hearing loss will be instrumental to identifying and managing hearing-impaired individuals. ..
- Lee D, Park T, Song Y, Chun W, Choi R, Jeong J, et al. Clinical outcomes of biodegradable polymer biolimus-eluting BioMatrix stents versus durable polymer everolimus-eluting Xience stents. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183079 pubmed publisher..In the propensity score-matched analysis of real world cohorts, BP-BES showed similar clinical outcomes compared to DP-EES. We need to investigate about whether differences in clinical outcome emerge during long-term follow-up. ..
- Jung W, Ryu Y, Lee Y, Wallraven C, Chae Y. Role of interoceptive accuracy in topographical changes in emotion-induced bodily sensations. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183211 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the awareness of one's internal bodily states might play a crucial role as a required messenger of sensory information during the affective process. ..
- Kim T, Yang P, Kim D, Yu H, Uhm J, Kim J, et al. CHA2DS2-VASc Score for Identifying Truly Low-Risk Atrial Fibrillation for Stroke: A Korean Nationwide Cohort Study. Stroke. 2017;48:2984-2990 pubmed publisher..4 [95% confidence interval, 8.8-30.8]). The CHA2DS2-VASc score shows good performance in defining truly low-risk Asian patients with atrial fibrillation for stroke compared with CHADS2 and ATRIA scores. ..