Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on enzyme inhibitors in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: enzyme inhibitors
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Nam S, Jung G, Hur G, Chung H, Kim W, Seol D, et al. Upregulation of FLIP(S) by Akt, a possible inhibition mechanism of TRAIL-induced apoptosis in human gastric cancers. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:1066-73 pubmed
- Lee H, Bach J, Chae H, Lee S, Joo W, Choi S, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase attenuates 3-hydroxykynurenine-induced neuronal cell death. J Neurochem. 2004;88:647-56 pubmed..Thus, our results show that ERK plays a protective role by maintaining mitochondrial function and regulating caspase activity under conditions of cellular stress. ..
- Kim H, Seo S, Lee B, Lee Y. Identification of tyrosinase inhibitors from Glycyrrhiza uralensis. Planta Med. 2005;71:785-7 pubmed..73 +/- 6.8 % inhibition at 5 microg/mL). These results suggest that glyasperin C and glycyrrhisoflavone could be promising candidates in the design of skin-whitening agents...
- Kim J, Suk M, Yoon D, Lee S, Hur G, Jung K, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-9 prevents neutrophilic inflammation in ventilator-induced lung injury. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;291:L580-7 pubmed..The inhibition of MMP-9 protects against the development of VILI through the downregulation of neutrophil-mediated inflammation. ..
- Yoon M, Koo J, Jeong Y, Kim Y, Lee J, Yun H, et al. Phospholipase D1 as a key enzyme for decidualization in human endometrial stromal cells. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:250-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that PLD1 regulates 8-Br-cAMP-induced decidualization through PLA2G1B, and that PLD1 upregulation is essential for the decidualization of ES cells. ..
- Chang J, Chung J, Jae H, Eh H, Son K, Lee K, et al. Local toxicity of hepatic arterial infusion of hexokinase II inhibitor, 3-bromopyruvate: In vivo investigation in normal rabbit model. Acad Radiol. 2007;14:85-92 pubmed..Selective intra-arterial administration of 25 mM 3-BrPA can cause considerable toxicities not only in the liver but also in the gastrointestinal system and are dose dependent and can cause death in high doses. ..
- Lee J, Yoo H, Suh Y, Jung J, Kim J. Structure-activity relationship of pentacylic triterpene esters from Uncaria rhynchophylla as inhibitors of phospholipase Cgamma1. Planta Med. 2008;74:1481-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this inhibitor will be providing a chemical lead for the further development of cancer chemopreventive or cancer chemotherapeutic agents that have lower toxicity against normal tissues...
- Kim S, Oh J, Lee Y, Lee J, Cho K, Chung J. Induction of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-2 by cholesterol depletion leads to the conversion of proMMP-2 into active MMP-2 in human dermal fibroblasts. Exp Mol Med. 2010;42:38-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that the induction of TIMP-2 by cholesterol depletion leads to the conversion of proMMP-2 (72 kD) into active MMP-2 (64 kD) in human dermal fibroblasts. ..
- Kim K, Lee Y, Shin M. Calpain-dependent cleavage of SHP-1 and SHP-2 is involved in the dephosphorylation of Jurkat T cells induced by Entamoeba histolytica. Parasite Immunol. 2010;32:176-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that calpain-dependent cleavage of SHP-1 and SHP-2 may contribute to protein tyrosine dephosphorylation in Jurkat T cell death induced by E. histolytica. ..
- Park J, Xian X, Choi M, Park H, Cho Y, Lee I, et al. Antiproliferative mechanism of a cannabinoid agonist by cell cycle arrest in human gastric cancer cells. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:1192-205 pubmed publisher..Cell cycle arrest preceded apoptotic response. Thus, this cannabinoid agonist can reduce gastric cancer cell proliferation via G1 phase cell cycle arrest, which is mediated via activation of the MAPK pathway and inhibition of pAKT. ..
- Lee D, Kim S, Ahn K, Kim S, Choi J, Ji J, et al. Identification and evaluation of neutral sphingomyelinase 2 inhibitors. Arch Pharm Res. 2011;34:229-36 pubmed publisher..Further, the two phytosphingosines specifically inhibited the ceramide generation regulated by nSMase2. ..
- Roh D, Choi S, Yoon S, Kang S, Moon J, Kwon S, et al. Spinal neuronal NOS activation mediates sigma-1 receptor-induced mechanical and thermal hypersensitivity in mice: involvement of PKC-dependent GluN1 phosphorylation. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;163:1707-20 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS AND IMPLICATIONS Spinal sigma-1 receptor-induced sensitization is mediated by an increase in nNOS activity, which is associated with an NO-induced increase in PKC-dependent pGluN1 expression. ..
- Myung S, Min H, Jin C, Kim M, Lee S, Chung G, et al. Identification of IY81149 and its metabolites in the rat plasma using the on-line HPLC/ESI mass spectrometry. Arch Pharm Res. 1999;22:189-93 pubmed..The CID technique allowed the sensitive identification of sulfonyl-IY81149 and hydroxy-IY81149 from the rat plasma. ..
- Hur J, Kim S, Kim H, Cha S, Lee M, Suk K. Induction of caspase-11 by inflammatory stimuli in rat astrocytes: lipopolysaccharide induction through p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. FEBS Lett. 2001;507:157-62 pubmed..Inflammatory induction of caspase-11 in astrocytes may play an important role in both inflammatory responses involving these cells and auto-regulatory apoptosis of activated astrocytes in inflammatory sites. ..
- Kim M, Cho G, Huh Y, Kim S. Transduction of human EPO into human bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells synergistically enhances cell-protective and migratory effects. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:656-63 pubmed..Thus, EPO-MSCs are a good candidate for cell therapy in ischemic and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Seo M, Cho C, Lee Y, Shin E, Park D, Bae C, et al. Cdc42-dependent mediation of UV-induced p38 activation by G protein betagamma subunits. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17366-75 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that Gbetagamma mediates UV-induced activation of p38 in a Cdc42-dependent way and that EGFR, Ras, and betaPix act sequentially upstream of Cdc42 in COS-1 and HaCaT cells. ..
- Park H, Kim Y, Kim J, Lee E, Yi Y, Hwang H, et al. 6-Arylamino-7-chloro-quinazoline-5,8-diones as novel cytotoxic and DNA topoisomerase inhibitory agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004;14:3385-8 pubmed..To further investigate the cytotoxic mechanism, the effects of test compounds on DNA topoisomerase I and II activities have been assessed. ..
- Cho I, Choi E, Lim H, Lee H. Purification and characterization of six fibrinolytic serine-proteases from earthworm Lumbricus rubellus. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;37:199-205 pubmed..All six iso-enzymes had identical aa residues 2-3 and 13-15. The N-terminal 21-22 aa sequences of the F2, F3, and F4 iso-enzymes were almost the same. The N-terminal aa sequences of F5 and F6 were identical. ..
- Kim J, Choi S, Jung J, Roh E, Kim H. Capacitative Ca2+ entry is involved in regulating soluble amyloid precursor protein (sAPPalpha) release mediated by muscarinic acetylcholine receptor activation in neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. J Neurochem. 2006;97:245-54 pubmed..These results indicate that CCE plays an important role in the mAChR-mediated release of sAPPalpha. ..
- Song H, Moon A. Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) promotes low-grade Hs683 glioma cell migration through JNK, ERK-1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways. Neurosci Res. 2006;56:29-38 pubmed..Our findings revealing molecular mechanisms for the promoting effect of GDNF on glioma cell migration may provide an insight into a better understanding to the malignant progression of human gliomas. ..
- Lim J, Park J, Kim S, Kim M, Park S, Johnson R, et al. ATP6V0C competes with von Hippel-Lindau protein in hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha (HIF-1alpha) binding and mediates HIF-1alpha expression by bafilomycin A1. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;71:942-8 pubmed..The N-terminal end (amino acids 1-16) of HIF-1alpha was identified as the ATP6V0C-interacting motif. These results suggest that ATP6V0C, a novel regulator of HIF-1alpha, mediates HIF-1alpha expression by bafilomycin. ..
- Kim D, Lee S, Lee H. CD137 ligand-mediated reverse signals increase cell viability and cytokine expression in murine myeloid cells: involvement of mTOR/p70S6 kinase and Akt. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2617-28 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that reverse signals evoked by CD137L regulate immune functions in macrophages. ..
- Eun H, Kwon O, Yeon J, Shin H, Kim B, Ro B, et al. Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of dutasteride 0.5 mg once daily in male patients with male pattern hair loss: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010;63:252-8 pubmed publisher..The study was limited to 6 months. This study clearly showed that 0.5 mg of dutasteride improved hair growth and was relatively well tolerated for the treatment of male pattern hair loss. ..
- Bak E, Park H, Lee C, Lee T, Woo G, Na Y, et al. Effects of novel chalcone derivatives on ?-glucosidase, dipeptidyl peptidase-4, and adipocyte differentiation in vitro. BMB Rep. 2011;44:410-4 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Chana 1 showed inhibitory effects on ?-glucosidase and DPP-4 as well as a stimulatory effect on adipocyte differentiation, suggesting that Chana 1 may be a potential beneficial agent for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Gwak J, Hwang S, Park H, Choi S, Park S, Kim H, et al. Small molecule-based disruption of the Axin/?-catenin protein complex regulates mesenchymal stem cell differentiation. Cell Res. 2012;22:237-47 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new strategy to regulate mesenchymal stem cell differentiation by modulation of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway. ..
- Moon J, Roh D, Yoon S, Kang S, Choi S, Kwon S, et al. Sigma-1 receptor-mediated increase in spinal p38 MAPK phosphorylation leads to the induction of mechanical allodynia in mice and neuropathic rats. Exp Neurol. 2013;247:383-91 pubmed publisher..Sigma-1 receptor modulation of p-p38 MAPK also plays an important role in the induction, but not the maintenance, of MA in neuropathic pain. ..
- Kim D, Kim Y. Magnolol protects against trimethyltin-induced neuronal damage and glial activation in vitro and in vivo. Neurotoxicology. 2016;53:173-185 pubmed publisher..Magnolol administration prevented TMT-induced hippocampal neurodegeneration and glial activation, possibly through the regulation of TMT-mediated ROS generation and MAPK activation. ..
- Jee B, Kim S, Moon S. The role of nitric oxide on apoptosis in human luteinized granulosa cells. Immunocytochemical evidence. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2003;56:143-7 pubmed..Fas/Fas ligands were also activated especially in 5.0 mM L-NAME. In conclusion, NO may inhibit apoptosis via decreased Fas and p53, and increased Bcl-2 expression in human luteinized granulosa cells. ..
- You H, Lee J, Yoo Y, Kim J. A pathway involving protein kinase Cdelta up-regulates cytosolic phospholipase A(2)alpha in airway epithelium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:657-64 pubmed..Our results suggest that PKCdelta and ROS lie upstream of NF-kappaB, and we conclude that a PKCdelta-ROS-NF-kappaB cascade plays a pivotal role in cPLA(2)alpha induction by PMA. ..
- Ryu J, Lee W, Lee K, Hwang J, Kim Y, Yoon Y, et al. SK-7041, a new histone deacetylase inhibitor, induces G2-M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in pancreatic cancer cell lines. Cancer Lett. 2006;237:143-54 pubmed..SK-7041 or TSA induced apoptosis and G2-M cell cycle arrest by up-regulating p21 and down-regulating cyclin B1, Mcl-1, and Bcl-XL. ..
- Lee M, Kim J, Ryu J. Prenylflavones from Psoralea corylifolia inhibit nitric oxide synthase expression through the inhibition of I-kappaB-alpha degradation in activated microglial cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:2253-7 pubmed..These results imply that compounds 1 and 2 can be lead compounds for the development of neuroprotective drug with the inhibitory activity of NO overproduction by activated microglial cells...
- Kim M, Lim W, Park R, Shin T, Yoo Y, Hong S, et al. Involvement of mitogen-activated protein kinase and NF-kappaB activation in Ca2+-induced IL-8 production in human mast cells. Cytokine. 2005;32:226-33 pubmed..This study is the first to identify the intracellular signaling pathways involved in the Ca(2+)-mediated up-regulation of IL-8 synthesis and release from HMC-1 cells. ..
- Hong H, Song C, Kim B, Lee H. ERK contributes to the effects of Smad signaling on oxidized LDL-induced PAI-1 expression in human mesangial cells. Transl Res. 2006;148:171-9 pubmed
- Park J, Kim E, Yang E, Seo S, Chung K. JNK- and Rac1-dependent induction of immediate early gene pip92 suppresses neuronal differentiation. J Neurochem. 2007;100:555-66 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that neurogenic growth factor-induced expression of pip92 is critical for the regulation of neuronal differentiation, occurring through the subsequent activation of Rac1, JNK, Pak1 and Elk1. ..
- Kang M, Koh H. Involvement of guanylate cyclase in the cardiovascular response induced by adenosine A2B receptor stimulation in the posterior hypothalamus of the anesthetized rats. Auton Neurosci. 2007;134:55-60 pubmed
- Kim J, Kim H, Park H, Youn S, Choi D, Shin C. Development of inhibitors against lipase and alpha-glucosidase from derivatives of monascus pigment. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007;276:93-8 pubmed..9 microM. The inhibition pattern of the H-Pen derivative against alpha-glucosidase appeared to be of a mixed type. The inhibition constants K(i) and were estimated to be 25.9, and 98.9 microM, respectively. ..
- Oh M, Choi I, Kwon H. Inhibition of histone deacetylase1 induces autophagy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:1179-83 pubmed publisher..Moreover, disruption of HDAC1 leads to the conversion of LC3-I to LC3-II. Together, these results demonstrate that HDAC1 could play a role in autophagy and specific inhibition of HDAC1 can induce autophagy. ..
- Choi D, Kim E, Son H, Joh T, Kim Y, Kim D, et al. A novel intracellular role of matrix metalloproteinase-3 during apoptosis of dopaminergic cells. J Neurochem. 2008;106:405-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, actMMP-3 seems to have a novel intracellular role in apoptotic DArgic cells and this finding provides an insight into the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Yeom J, Go H, Shin E, Kim H, Han S, Moore C, et al. Inhibitory effects of RraA and RraB on RNAse E-related enzymes imply conserved functions in the regulated enzymatic cleavage of RNA. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2008;285:10-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that these regulators of RNAse activity have a conserved intrinsic property enabling them to directly act on RNAse E-related enzymes and inhibit their general ribonucleolytic activity. ..
- Hong E, Park D, Oh S, Song M, Choi W, Hong C, et al. [Comparison of Helicobacter pylori eradication rate in patients with non-ulcer dyspepsia and peptic ulcer diseases according to proton pump inhibitors]. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2008;52:80-5 pubmed..This study failed to show any difference in H. pylori eradication rate between patients with NUD and PUD. There is no convincing evidence that the eradication rate may be affected by different PPI. ..
- Kang M, Ahn K, Kim S, Jeon H, Ji J, Choi J, et al. Hypoxia-induced neuronal apoptosis is mediated by de novo synthesis of ceramide through activation of serine palmitoyltransferase. Cell Signal. 2010;22:610-8 pubmed publisher..Together, the current results suggest that both SPT and GCS may regulate the cellular level of ceramide, and thus may be critical enzymes for deciding the fate of the cells exposed to hypoxia. ..
- Chae S, Yoo C, Jo C, Yun S, Jo S, Koh Y. Caspases-2 and -8 are involved in the presenilin1/gamma-secretase-dependent cleavage of amyloid precursor protein after the induction of apoptosis. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1926-33 pubmed publisher..In addition, Abeta production by STS was decreased by JNK inhibitors, SP600125. These results suggest that caspase-2 and/or -8 is involved in presenilin/gamma-secretase activation and Abeta production in apoptosis. ..
- Thapa P, Karki R, Choi H, Choi J, Yun M, Jeong B, et al. Synthesis of 2-(thienyl-2-yl or -3-yl)-4-furyl-6-aryl pyridine derivatives and evaluation of their topoisomerase I and II inhibitory activity, cytotoxicity, and structure-activity relationship. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:2245-2254 pubmed publisher..Structure-activity relationship study revealed that 4-(5-chlorofuran-2-yl)-2-(thiophen-3-yl) moiety has an important role in displaying topoisomerase II inhibition. ..
- Kim U, Nam S, Jung S, Kim S, Lee J. Effects of AG490 on lens epithelial cell death induced by H(2)O(2). Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2010;54:151-5 pubmed publisher..05% after pretreatment with 40 microM AG490. AG490 may prevent H(2)O(2)-induced LEC death by blocking an unknown necrosis pathway. Further investigation is required to characterize that pathway. ..
- Cho Y, Yoon J, Ko Y, Kim S, Cho S, Kim W, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase-3? does not correlate with the expression and activity of ?-catenin in gastric cancer. APMIS. 2010;118:782-90 pubmed publisher..025) and cyclin D1 (p = 0.043), but these expressions were not correlated with GSK-3? activation. Thus, the GSK-3? pathway seems to function in gastric cancer cells without involving the ?-catenin pathway. ..
- Lee H, Kim J, Kim Y, Ryu J. Phenolic glycosides as inhibitors of inducible nitric oxide synthase from Populus davidiana in LPS-activated RAW 264.7 murine macrophages. Pharmazie. 2012;67:870-3 pubmed..In immunoblot analysis, salicortin inhibited the expression of i-NOS. These new inhibitors of overproduction of NO may have potentials for the treatment of inflammation...
- Park H, Kim M, Huh S, Park J, Chung J, Kang S, et al. Akt (protein kinase B) negatively regulates SEK1 by means of protein phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2573-8 pubmed..Finally, activated Akt inhibited SEK1-mediated apoptosis, and this effect of Akt was prevented by overexpression of SEK(S78A). Taken together, these results suggest that Akt suppresses stress-activated signaling by targeting SEK1. ..
- Hwang M, Yum Y, Joo J, Kim S, Lee K, Gee S, et al. Inhibition of c-erbB-2 expression an activity in human ovarian carcinoma cells by hypericin. Anticancer Res. 2001;21:2649-55 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that hypericin inhibits the growth of SK-OV-3 ovarian cancer cells, inhibits the autophosphorylation of c-erbB-2, induces apoptosis, and may inhibit invasion. ..
- Hur E, Kim H, Choi S, Kim J, Yim S, Kwon H, et al. Reduction of hypoxia-induced transcription through the repression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha/aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator DNA binding by the 90-kDa heat-shock protein inhibitor radicicol. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:975-82 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that radicicol reduces hypoxia-induced VEGF expression to decrease hypoxia-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Ahn H, Eom S, Yoon H, Lee B, Cho H, Suh S. Crystal structure of class I acetohydroxy acid isomeroreductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Mol Biol. 2003;328:505-15 pubmed..Thus, our work lowers the likelihood of the previous proposal that "domain duplication followed by exchange of a secondary structure element can be a source of such a knot in the protein structure" being correct. ..
- Song J, Lim J, Kim H, Morio T, Kim K. Oxidative stress induces nuclear loss of DNA repair proteins Ku70 and Ku80 and apoptosis in pancreatic acinar AR42J cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36676-87 pubmed..The nuclear loss of Ku proteins may underlie the mechanism of apoptosis in pancreatic acinar cells after oxidative stress. ..
- Park M, Choi J, Kim M, Um H, Bae S, Kang C, et al. Suppression of extracellular signal-related kinase and activation of p38 MAPK are two critical events leading to caspase-8- and mitochondria-mediated cell death in phytosphingosine-treated human cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50624-34 pubmed..Molecular dissection of the signaling pathways that activate the apoptotic cell death machinery is critical for both our understanding of cell death events and development of cancer therapeutic agents. ..
- Kim S, Jong H, Kim T, Lee J, Kim N, Hong S, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta 1 induces apoptosis through Fas ligand-independent activation of the Fas death pathway in human gastric SNU-620 carcinoma cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:420-34 pubmed
- Jahng J, Spencer C, Choi S, Kim D, Houpt T. Nitric oxide is involved in lithium-induced immediate early gene expressions in the adrenal medulla. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;489:111-6 pubmed
- Shin J, Park B, Cho S, Lee S, Kim Y, Lee S, et al. Promyelocytic leukemia is a direct inhibitor of SAPK2/p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40994-1003 pubmed..Our findings define a novel function of PML as a negative regulator of p38 kinase and provide further understanding on the mechanism of how PML induces multiple pathways of apoptosis. ..
- Kim S, Cho J, Kim K, Lee S, Lee K, Choi K. Drosophila PI3 kinase and Akt involved in insulin-stimulated proliferation and ERK pathway activation in Schneider cells. Cell Signal. 2004;16:1309-17 pubmed..This study indicates that dPI3K and dAKT are involved in insulin-induced ERK pathway activation leading to proliferation in Drosophila Schneider cells. ..
- Park B, Kim J, Kim M, Lee S, Takeoka G, Oh K, et al. Curcuma longa L. constituents inhibit sortase A and Staphylococcus aureus cell adhesion to fibronectin. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:9005-9 pubmed..aureus infections via inhibition of sortase activity. These results indicate that curcumin is a possible candidate in the development of a bacterial sortase A inhibitor. ..
- Choi Y, Ryu H, Kim H, Song Y, Kim C, Lee W, et al. Implication of phosphorylation of the myosin II regulatory light chain in insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation in 3T3-F442A adipocytes. Exp Mol Med. 2006;38:180-9 pubmed..Our studies suggest that MLCK may be a regulatory target of Ca(2+)/calmodulin and may play an important role in insulin-stimulated glucose transport in adipocytes. ..
- Jang H, Cho E, Youn H. A new calcineurin inhibition domain in Cabin1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:129-35 pubmed..This fact may explain why Cabin1DeltaC mice previously showed no significant defect in CN-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Park S, Park J, Cho Y, Ryu J, Paick J, Chun Y. HIF-1alpha promotes survival of prostate cells at a high zinc environment. Prostate. 2007;67:1514-23 pubmed..These results suggest that HIF-1alpha functions as an intrinsic defense molecule that enables prostate cells to survive in a zinc-rich environment. ..
- Park J, Jong H, Kim S, Jung Y, Lee K, Lee J, et al. Inhibitors of histone deacetylases induce tumor-selective cytotoxicity through modulating Aurora-A kinase. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:117-28 pubmed..Overall, these provide a novel molecular basis of tumor selectivity of HDI. LAQ824 and SK-7068 might be more effective HDIs in cancer cells with Aurora-A overexpression. ..
- Choi Y, Kim K. AKAP12 in astrocytes induces barrier functions in human endothelial cells through protein kinase Czeta. FEBS J. 2008;275:2338-53 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that AKAP12 in astrocytes differentially regulates the expression of VEGF and TSP-1 via the inhibition of PKCzeta phosphorylation and Rho kinase activity in HRMECs. ..
- Kim B, Lee E, Min H, Jeong H, Ahn J, Kim J, et al. Sustained ERK activation is involved in the kaempferol-induced apoptosis of breast cancer cells and is more evident under 3-D culture condition. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:1080-9 pubmed
- Gedi V, Jayaraman K, Kalme S, Park H, Park H, La I, et al. Evaluation of substituted triazol-1-yl-pyrimidines as inhibitors of Bacillus anthracis acetohydroxyacid synthase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1804:1369-75 pubmed publisher..973 A. As the need for novel antibiotic classes to combat bacterial drug resistance increases, the screening of new compounds that act against Bantx-AHAS shows that AHAS is a good target for new anti-anthracis drugs. ..
- Noh J, Lim K, Bae O, Chung S, Lee S, Joo K, et al. Procoagulant and prothrombotic activation of human erythrocytes by phosphatidic acid. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H347-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that PA can induce thrombogenic activities in erythrocytes through PS exposure, which can increase thrombus formation and ultimately contribute to the development of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Li W, Oh S. Diabetic cystopathy is associated with PARP/JNK/mitochondrial apoptotic pathway-mediated bladder apoptosis. Neurourol Urodyn. 2010;29:1332-7 pubmed publisher..These findings may be used to develop novel therapies for patients with diabetic bladder dysfunction. ..
- Lee K, Choi W, Lee Y, Lee H, Zhao L, Lee H, et al. X-ray crystal structure and binding mode analysis of human S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase complexed with novel mechanism-based inhibitors, haloneplanocin A analogues. J Med Chem. 2011;54:930-8 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory activity was decreased as the size of the halogen atom increased and/or if the 4'-CH(2)OH group was absent. These results could be utilized to design new therapeutic agents operating via AdoHcy hydrolase inhibition. ..
- Kim S, Jung S, Kim J, Koo J, Yim H, Park J, et al. Effectiveness of three times daily lansoprazole/amoxicillin dual therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection in Korea. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2012;73:140-3 pubmed publisher..002). Because dual therapy had fewer side effects than triple therapy and a similar eradication rate, dual therapy may provide an acceptable alternative first line therapy for H.?pylori eradication in Korea. ..
- Chung J, Shin J, Han K, Ahn J, Kim Y, Park J, et al. Up-regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha by cobalt chloride prevents hearing loss in noise-exposed mice. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;31:153-9 pubmed publisher..However, YC-1 (a HIF-1? inhibitor) attenuated the preventive effect of CoCl(2) on the noise-induced hearing loss. These results suggest that HIF-1? plays a crucial role in the prevention against noise trauma in the inner ear. ..
- Shin J, Kim H, Rhyu I, Song K, Kee S. Axin expression reduces staurosporine-induced mitochondria-mediated cell death in HeLa cells. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:2022-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that axin forms aggregate-like structures in association with mitochondria, which render mitochondria resistant to STS-induced membrane damage and cytotoxicity. ..
- Sung C, Im H, Park N, Kwon Y, Shin S, Ye D, et al. Induction of steroid sulfatase expression in PC-3 human prostate cancer cells by insulin-like growth factor II. Toxicol Lett. 2013;223:109-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results strongly suggest that IGF-II induces STS expression via a PI3-kinase/Akt-NF-?B signaling pathway in PC-3 cells and may induce estrogen production and estrogen-mediated carcinogenesis. ..
- Enkhtaivan G, Muthuraman P, Kim D, Mistry B. Discovery of berberine based derivatives as anti-influenza agent through blocking of neuraminidase. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:5185-5193 pubmed publisher..More H-bonds and NA residues were occupied by BD for stronger binding ability than Oseltamivir. These results indicated that BD inhibits various strains of influenza virus by blocking of viral NA subunit. ..
- Park W, Chang Y, Lee M. 7-Nitroindazole, but not aminoguanidine, attenuates the acute inflammatory responses and brain injury during the early phase of Escherichia coli meningitis in the newborn piglet. Biol Neonate. 2001;80:53-9 pubmed..In summary, 7-nitroindazole, but not aminoguanidine, significantly attenuated the acute inflammatory responses and brain injury during the early phase of neonatal bacterial meningitis...
- Woo C, You H, Cho S, Eom Y, Chun J, Yoo Y, et al. Leukotriene B(4) stimulates Rac-ERK cascade to generate reactive oxygen species that mediates chemotaxis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8572-8 pubmed
- Hah N, Lee S. An absolute role of the PKC-dependent NF-kappaB activation for induction of MMP-9 in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:428-33 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the PKC-dependent NF-kappaB activation is absolute for MMP-9 induction and that the PKC-dependent ERK activation devotes to increase the expression level of MMP-9, in HCC cells. ..
- Yu J, Kim K, Kim H. Suppression of IL-1beta expression by the Jak 2 inhibitor AG490 in cerulein-stimulated pancreatic acinar cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:1555-62 pubmed..In conclusion, Jak2/Stat3 pathway may be the underlying mechanism in the pathogenesis of pancreatitis by inducing cytokines such as IL-1beta. ..
- Oh K, Lee S, Choi H, Oh D, Kim S, Min D, et al. Role of phospholipase D2 in anti-apoptotic signaling through increased expressions of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:1409-22 pubmed
- Nam M, Lee W, Bae E, Kim S. Compound C inhibits clonal expansion of preadipocytes by increasing p21 level irrespectively of AMPK inhibition. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2008;479:74-81 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CC inhibits proliferation of preadipocytes as a consequence of an increase in p21 content, which might result from p21 stabilization, and the increase in p21 level by CC might not be associated with AMPK inhibition. ..
- Kim Y, Lee Y, Seo M, Kim S, Lee J, Youn H, et al. Calcineurin dephosphorylates glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta at serine-9 in neuroblast-derived cells. J Neurochem. 2009;111:344-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in vitro, calcineurin can dephosphorylate GSK-3beta at Ser-9 and form a stable complex with GSK-3beta, suggesting the possibility that calcineurin regulates the dephosphorylation and activation of GSK-3betain vivo. ..
- Lee S, Kang E, Hur G, Jung K, Jung H, Lee S, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma inhibits cigarette smoke solution-induced mucin production in human airway epithelial (NCI-H292) cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;291:L84-90 pubmed..This study demonstrates that PPAR-gamma agonist functions as a regulator of epithelial cell inflammation that may result in reduction of mucin-producing cells in airway epithelium. ..
- Jeong S, Song W, Kim J, Kim H, Lee K. Broth microdilution method to detect extended-spectrum beta-lactamases and AmpC beta-lactamases in enterobacteriaceae isolates by use of clavulanic acid and boronic acid as inhibitors. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:3409-12 pubmed publisher..The BMD testing could be applicable for routine use in commercially available semiautomated systems for the detection of ESBLs and PABLs in Enterobacteriaceae. ..
- Kwon S, Kang S, Lee J, Bok J, Kim C, Dal Rhee S, et al. Synthesis and 11? hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 inhibition of thiazolidine derivatives with an adamantyl group. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:435-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this compound significantly inhibited 11?-HSD1 activity in rat and monkey models, and showed improved glycemic control in KKAy mice. ..
- Lim T, Lee B, Kwon J, Jung S, Lee K. Acrylamide up-regulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression through the MEK/ERK signaling pathway in mouse epidermal cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011;49:1249-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the ability of AA to up-regulate COX-2 expression through the MEK/ERK signaling pathway underlies AA carcinogenicity. ..
- Park H, Yi H, Kim S, Yu H, Ahn Y, Lee Y, et al. The effect of cyclosporine A on the phosphorylation of the AMPK pathway in the rat hippocampus. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2011;35:1933-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that CsA activates the AMPK pathway in the rat hippocampus, which suggests that CsA affects the regulatory signaling pathway of lipid metabolism in the rat brain. ..
- Han J, Kim S, Yang J, Nam S, Lee J. TPA-induced p21 expression augments G2/M arrest through a p53-independent mechanism in human breast cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:517-22 pubmed publisher..The up-regulation of p21 in response to TPA is mediated through a p53-independent mechanism in breast cancer cells. ..