Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on conserved sequence in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: conserved sequence
- Kwon M, Park J, Jang S, Eom C, Oh E. The Conserved Phenylalanine in the Transmembrane Domain Enhances Heteromeric Interactions of Syndecans. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:872-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that the conserved phenylalanine in the TMD of syndecans is crucial in regulating heteromeric interactions of syndecans. ..
- Nair P, Choi J. Characterization and transcriptional regulation of thioredoxin reductase 1 on exposure to oxidative stress inducing environmental pollutants in Chironomus riparius. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;161:134-9 pubmed publisher..Significant downregulation of CrTrxR1 was observed after exposure to 10 and 20mg/L of Cd for 72h. This study shows that the CrTrxR1 could be potentially used as a biomarker of oxidative stress inducing environmental contaminants. ..
- Lim W, Jeong J, Jeong R, Yoo Y, Yie S, Kim K. Complete nucleotide sequence and genome organization of a dsRNA partitivirus infecting Pleurotus ostreatus. Virus Res. 2005;108:111-9 pubmed publisher..When compared to other dsRNA mycoviruses in a phylogenetic analysis they were found to form a distinct virus clade with partitiviruses, and were more distantly related to totiviruses...
- Lee K, Lee S, Jung S, Lee Z, Kim J. Functional splicing assay of DSPP mutations in hereditary dentin defects. Oral Dis. 2011;17:690-5 pubmed publisher..Our data may provide insight into the contribution of DSPP mutations in the pathogenesis and genotype-phenotype correlations of hereditary dentin defects. ..
- Kim M, Yoo K, Kang I, Chung H, Baek K. A novel cysteine protease HeLa DUB-1 responsible for cleaving the ubiquitin in human ovarian cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2004;25:373-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the expression was hardly seen in the brain. Localization study indicates that HeLa DUB-1 proteins are present in both the cytoplasm and nucleus. ..
- Jeong B, Yoo K, Jung K, Shin J, Song H. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of a cystathionine beta-synthase domain-containing protein, CDCP2, from Arabidopsis thaliana. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:825-7 pubmed publisher..360, c = 82.596 A, alpha = beta = 90, gamma = 120 degrees . The asymmetric unit contains one CDCP2 molecule and the solvent content is approximately 41%. ..
- Kang S, Seol J, Kim J. The conserved WRPW motif of Hes6 mediates proteasomal degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:33-6 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a novel function of this conserved motif as a degradation signal and raise the possibility of utilizing it for controlling the level of ectopically expressed gene products. ..
- Lee W, Sung M, Kim J, Kim Y, Han A, Hwang K. Crystal structure of bifunctional 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase/cyclohydrolase from Thermoplasma acidophilum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:459-63 pubmed publisher..Our structural information will contribute to an improved understanding of the basis of THF and one-carbon metabolism. ..
- Hwang D, Park J, Lim J, Kim D, Choi Y, Kim S, et al. The hot pepper (Capsicum annuum) microRNA transcriptome reveals novel and conserved targets: a foundation for understanding MicroRNA functional roles in hot pepper. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64238 pubmed publisher..This work provides the first reliable draft of the pepper miRNA transcriptome. It offers an expanded picture of pepper miRNAs in relation to other plants, providing a basis for understanding the functional roles of miRNAs in pepper...
- Ha B, Ahn H, Kang S, Tanaka K, Chung C, Kim E. Structural basis for Ufm1 processing by UfSP1. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14893-900 pubmed publisher..6 mum by the isothermal titration calorimetry analysis. Furthermore, the NMR data shows that the loop between beta3 and alpha2 in addition to the C-terminal region of Ufm1 plays a role in binding to UfSP1. ..
- Lee Y, Seo J, Jung S, Kim I, Lee J. Molecular cloning and characterization of theta-class glutathione S-transferase (GST-T) from the hermaphroditic fish Rivulus marmoratus and biochemical comparisons with alpha-class glutathione S-transferase (GST-A). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;346:1053-61 pubmed..These results suggest that recombinant rm-GSTs such as rm-GST-A and rm-GST-T play a conserved functional role in R. marmoratus. ..
- Lee H, Kim M, Shin J, Park T, Chung H, Baek K. The expression patterns of deubiquitinating enzymes, USP22 and Usp22. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:277-84 pubmed..5. Embryos at E12.5 showed the pronounced expression of Usp22 during the early embryonic development, although its expression was not detectable in the gut, liver and heart. ..
- Baek K. Lymphocyte-specific murine deubiquitinating enzymes induced by cytokines. Am J Hematol. 2002;71:340-5 pubmed..A number of deubiquitinating enzymes have been isolated even though little is known about their biological functions. This review concentrates on recent findings and new insights into DUB enzyme subfamily members in lymphocytes. ..
- Kwon J, Lee J. Biological significance of a universally conserved transcription mediator in metazoan developmental signaling pathways. Development. 2001;128:3095-104 pubmed..In addition, RNAi experiments in rde-1 background showed that maternal and zygotic med-6 activities have distinct roles in development. ..
- Sung Y, Choi E, Kwon H. Identification of a nuclear protein ArpN as a component of human SWI/SNF complex and its selective association with a subset of active genes. Mol Cells. 2001;11:75-81 pubmed..These selective associations of ArpN with a subset of active genes support the proposition that the requirement of hSWI/SNF complex in gene activation is gene specific. ..
- Kim B, Jung J, Hong E, Yee A, Arrowsmith C, Lee W. NMR structure of the conserved novel-fold protein TA0743 from Thermoplasma acidophilum. Proteins. 2006;62:819-21 pubmed
- Hong J, Choi H, Hwang I, Hwang B. Role of a novel pathogen-induced pepper C3-H-C4 type RING-finger protein gene, CaRFPI, in disease susceptibility and osmotic stress tolerance. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;63:571-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the CaRFP1 gene functions as an early defense regulator controlling bacterial disease susceptibility and osmotic stress tolerance...
- Kim J, Jang S, Kim C, An J, Kang E, Choi K. Neural retina leucine-zipper regulates the expression of Ppp2r5c, the regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A, in photoreceptor development. FEBS J. 2010;277:5051-60 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that Ppp2r5c expression is regulated by Nrl during retinogenesis through direct binding to the promoter region of Ppp2r5c. ..
- Kim H, Choe J. The X-ray crystal structure of PA1374 from Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a putative oxidative-stress sensing transcriptional regulator. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:376-81 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights about the role of PA1374 as a putative oxidative-stress sensing transcriptional regulator...
- Hong M, Kwon J, Shim J, Lee J. Differential hypoxia response of hsp-16 genes in the nematode. J Mol Biol. 2004;344:369-81 pubmed..We propose a working model for the orientation-dependent promoter usage between two genes sharing the promoter region. We also discuss a possible application of the hypoxia-inducible promoter for conditional gene expression. ..
- Seong M, Kim S, Yu Y, Hwang J, Kim J, Park S. Molecular characterization of Leber congenital amaurosis in Koreans. Mol Vis. 2008;14:1429-36 pubmed..In turn, this suggests that a different strategy should be used for the molecular diagnosis of LCA in Koreans. ..
- Yang H, Do H, Kim D, Park J, Chang W, Chung H, et al. Transcriptional regulation of human Oct4 by steroidogenic factor-1. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:1198-209 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate that SF-1 plays a crucial role in the regulation of hOct4 transcription through direct binding to the 1st SF-1 in CR1 of the hOct4 proximal promoter. ..
- Baig I, Gedi V, Lee S, Koh S, Yoon M. Role of a highly conserved proline-126 in ThDP binding of Mycobacterium tuberculosis acetohydroxyacid synthase. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2013;53:243-9 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis AHAS homology model. Collectively, these results suggest that the conserved P126 plays a significant role in the ThDP binding of M. tuberculosis AHAS. ..
- Kim H, Choe H, Chung S, Kim M, Seong J, Son G, et al. Class-C SOX transcription factors control GnRH gene expression via the intronic transcriptional enhancer. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1184-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that SOX-C transcription factors function as important transcriptional regulators of cell type-specific GnRH gene expression by acting on the intronic transcriptional enhancer. ..
- Jang J, Shin K, Park J. Mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 and fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 genes associated with human gastric and colorectal cancers. Cancer Res. 2001;61:3541-3 pubmed..Our results indicate that FGFR2 and FGFR3, in addition to their potential role in skeletal dysplasias, play an important role in tumorigenesis. ..
- Baek I, Park H, You M, Lee J, Kim J. Functional conservation and divergence of FVE genes that control flowering time and cold response in rice and Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2008;26:368-72 pubmed..However, OsFVE overexpression in the fve mutants did not rescue the flowering time phenotype in in relation to the response to intermittent cold treatment. ..
- Park J, Park O, Yoon W, Kim H, Choi K, Cho T, et al. Functional characterization of a novel FGFR2 mutation, E731K, in craniosynostosis. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:457-64 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the substitution of E731K in FGFR2 is a novel mutation that resulted in a constitutive activation of the receptor and ultimately resulted in premature suture obliteration. ..
- Kang H, Jeong S, Kim K, Baek I, Chang M, Kang C, et al. A novel protein, Pho92, has a conserved YTH domain and regulates phosphate metabolism by decreasing the mRNA stability of PHO4 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2014;457:391-400 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Pho92 participates in cellular phosphate metabolism, specifically via the regulation of PHO4 mRNA stability by binding to the 3'-UTR in a phosphate-dependent manner. ..
- Kartavtsev Y, Jung S, Lee Y, Byeon H, Lee J. Complete mitochondrial genome of the bullhead torrent catfish, Liobagrus obesus (Siluriformes, Amblycipididae): Genome description and phylogenetic considerations inferred from the Cyt b and 16S rRNA genes. Gene. 2007;396:13-27 pubmed publisher..Also discussed herein are the aspects of phylogeny based on the 16S rRNA gene...
- Choi I, Hyun S. Conserved microRNA miR-8 in fat body regulates innate immune homeostasis in Drosophila. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;37:50-4 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest a role of miR-8 in systemic immune homeostasis in generally non-pathogenic conditions in flies...
- Lee D, Choi H, Hwang B. The pepper E3 ubiquitin ligase RING1 gene, CaRING1, is required for cell death and the salicylic acid-dependent defense response. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2011-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that CaRING1 is involved in the induction of cell death and the regulation of ubiquitination during the defense response to microbial pathogens...
- Hong M, Kim D, Kang S, Kim D, Kim J, Seo Y. Wheat F-box protein recruits proteins and regulates their abundance during wheat spike development. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:9681-96 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the TaCFBD protein acts as an adaptor between target substrates and the SCF complex and provides substrate specificity to the SCF of ubiquitin ligase complexes. ..
- Jung D, Lee Y, Park S, Park B, Kim G, Rhee S. Structural and functional analysis of PucM, a hydrolase in the ureide pathway and a member of the transthyretin-related protein family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9790-5 pubmed publisher..The PucM structure determined for the TRP family leads to the conclusion that diverse members of the TRP family would function similarly to PucM as HIU hydrolase...
- Jang S, Kim J, Kim C, An J, Kang E, Kim C, et al. Control of transferrin expression by ?-amyloid through the CP2 transcription factor. FEBS J. 2010;277:4054-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that CP2 contributes to the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease by inducing transferrin expression via up-regulating its transcription. ..
- Cho B, Cho N, Min C, Kim S, Yang J, Lee J, et al. Global gene expression profile of Orientia tsutsugamushi. Proteomics. 2010;10:1699-715 pubmed publisher..Some major changes were the downregulation of genes involved in translation, protein processing and secretion, which correlated with the reduction in bacterial translation rates and growth within macrophages...
- Oh I, Park A, Bae M, Kwon S, Kim Y, Lee J, et al. Secretome analysis reveals an Arabidopsis lipase involved in defense against Alternaria brassicicola. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2832-47 pubmed..These results suggest that GLIP1, in association with ethylene signaling, may be a critical component in plant resistance to A. brassicicola. ..
- Jun H, Kang Y, Lee H, Lee S, Choi B. Highly conserved surface proteins of oral spirochetes as adhesins and potent inducers of proinflammatory and osteoclastogenic factors. Infect Immun. 2008;76:2428-38 pubmed publisher..The coexistence of various Treponema species in a single periodontal pocket and, therefore, the accumulation of multiple Tp92 homologs may amplify the pathological effect in periodontitis. ..
- Hwang Y, Lee H, Lee Y, Cho H. Cell wall-associated ROOT HAIR SPECIFIC 10, a proline-rich receptor-like kinase, is a negative modulator of Arabidopsis root hair growth. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:2007-22 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that RHS10 mediates cell wall-associated signals to maintain proper root hair length, at least in part by regulating RNA catabolism and ROS accumulation. ..
- Jung J, Ahn Y, Kang L. Overexpression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of Nudix hydrolase Orf141 from Escherichia coli K-1. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2007;63:812-5 pubmed..Two or three monomers are likely to be present in the asymmetric unit, with corresponding V(M) values of 2.92 and 1.95 A3 Da(-1) and solvent contents of 57.9 and 36.9%, respectively. ..
- Yoon J, Chung B, Choi S. High sequence conservation among Odotoglossum ringspot virus isolates from orchids. Virus Genes. 2011;42:261-7 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic tree analysis and recombination analysis revealed that there was no distinct grouping between geographic locations and sequence identity, and nor distinct intra-specific recombination events among ORSV isolates...
- Kim D, Kim K, Kim J, Seo S. Characterization of a novel histone H3K36 methyltransferase setd3 in zebrafish. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:289-94 pubmed..It transiently transfected setd3 activated general transcription in reporter assays. Overexpression of setd3 decreased cell viability and activated caspase-3, indicating possible roles in apoptotic cell death and cell cycle regulation. ..
- Hahn Y. Molecular evolution of TEPP protein genes in metazoans. Biochem Genet. 2009;47:651-64 pubmed publisher..No homolog was detected in birds, insects, nematodes, and teleost fishes despite the extensive sequence data of these species, implying that the TEPP gene might be lost in these lineages. ..
- Yu H, Seo J, Kim J, Han K, Shim W, Yun S, et al. Functional analyses of heterotrimeric G protein G alpha and G beta subunits in Gibberella zeae. Microbiology. 2008;154:392-401 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that G. zeae heterotrimeric G protein subunits can regulate vegetative growth, sexual development, toxin production and pathogenicity...
- Lee S, Lee J, Soung Y, Kim H, Park W, Kim S, et al. BRAF and KRAS mutations in stomach cancer. Oncogene. 2003;22:6942-5 pubmed
- Ok S, Jeong H, Bae J, Shin J, Luan S, Kim K. Novel CIPK1-associated proteins in Arabidopsis contain an evolutionarily conserved C-terminal region that mediates nuclear localization. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:138-50 pubmed
- Rengaraj D, Zheng Y, Kang K, Park K, Lee B, Lee S, et al. Conserved expression pattern of chicken DAZL in primordial germ cells and germ-line cells. Theriogenology. 2010;74:765-76 pubmed publisher..We inferred that cDAZL expression was conserved in PGCs and during germ-line differentiation until the adult stage, making them a valuable molecular marker for studies of PGC differentiation and germ-line development in chickens. ..
- Oh S, Lee M, Kim J, Yoon S, Shin S, Park Y, et al. Alternative usages of multiple promoters of the acetyl-CoA carboxylase beta gene are related to differential transcriptional regulation in human and rodent tissues. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5909-16 pubmed..This study is the first to explain the mechanisms underlying the differential regulation of ACCbeta gene expression between tissues in living organisms. ..
- Bae Y, Park K, Kang S. Genomic organization and expression of parkin in Drosophila melanogaster. Exp Mol Med. 2003;35:393-402 pubmed..From immunostainings of the embryo, D. melanogaster parkin was expressed slightly higher in the central nervous system (brain and nerve cord) during the late embryonic stage. ..
- Kim S, Lee J, Ryu W. Four conserved cysteine residues of the hepatitis B virus polymerase are critical for RNA pregenome encapsidation. J Virol. 2009;83:8032-40 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we speculate that the RNA binding activity of HBV Pol may be mediated by this newly identified putative zinc finger motif...
- Kim H, Kim H, Kim K, Kim D, Lee S, Yoon J, et al. Crystal structure of Tpa1 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a component of the messenger ribonucleoprotein complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:2099-110 pubmed publisher..The structural and functional data reported in this study support a role of the Tpa1 family as a hydroxylase in the mRNP complex and as an oxygen sensor. ..
- Jung I, Ahn H, Shin S, Kim J, Kwon H, Jung W, et al. Clustering and evolutionary analysis of small RNAs identify regulatory siRNA clusters induced under drought stress in rice. BMC Syst Biol. 2016;10:115 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that siRNAs are important respondents to drought stress and regulate genes related to the drought tolerance in water deficit conditions. ..
- Park H, Ko A, Ki C, Lee S, Kim J, Cho S, et al. Five novel mutations of GALNS in Korean patients with mucopolysaccharidosis IVA. Am J Med Genet A. 2013;161A:509-17 pubmed publisher..725C>G (p.S242C), c.752G>A (p.R251Q), and c.1000C>T (p.Q334X). Two other mutations were c.1156C>T (p.R386C) and c.1243-1G>A. Two mutations, c.451C>A and c.1000C>T, accounted for 58% of all mutations in this sample. ..
- Lee K, Bang S, Yoon S, Lee S, Yoon J, Hwang D. Phosphorylation of ORC2 protein dissociates origin recognition complex from chromatin and replication origins. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11891-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the phosphorylation of ORC2 dissociates ORC from chromatin and replication origins and inhibits binding of ORC to newly replicated DNA. ..
- Shin Y, Park S, Ryu W. A conserved arginine residue in the terminal protein domain of hepatitis B virus polymerase is critical for RNA pre-genome encapsidation. J Gen Virol. 2011;92:1809-16 pubmed publisher..Together, these data highlight the divergence between avian and mammalian hepadnaviral Pols with respect to an arginine residue critical for RNA encapsidation. ..
- Kim W, Kim S, Choi H, Truong N, Thong L, Kim J, et al. Discrimination of animal species using polymorphisms of the nuclear gene zinc finger protein 238. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:2398-402 pubmed publisher..As a result, we report here that a new nuclear DNA marker, ZNF238, can be used to increase the accuracy of species identification among euteleostomi (bony vertebrates). ..
- Jeong K, Lee H, Lee J, Lee J, Lee I, Ree H, et al. Immunoglobulin E binding reactivity of a recombinant allergen homologous to alpha-Tubulin from Tyrophagus putrescentiae. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2005;12:1451-4 pubmed..The frequency of immunoglobulin E reactivity of this recombinant protein is 29.3% in sera from storage mite-allergic subjects...
- Ahn H, Eom S, Yoon H, Lee B, Cho H, Suh S. Crystal structure of class I acetohydroxy acid isomeroreductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Mol Biol. 2003;328:505-15 pubmed..Thus, our work lowers the likelihood of the previous proposal that "domain duplication followed by exchange of a secondary structure element can be a source of such a knot in the protein structure" being correct. ..
- Lee M, Jun S, Yoon B, Song S, Lee K, Ha N. Membrane fusion proteins of type I secretion system and tripartite efflux pumps share a binding motif for TolC in gram-negative bacteria. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40460 pubmed publisher..A general model in which these conserved interactions induce opening of TolC during drug efflux and type I secretion is discussed...
- Jang M, Kim J, Kalme S, Han J, Yoo H, Kim J, et al. Cloning, purification, and polymerization of Capsicum annuum recombinant alpha and beta tubulin. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1048-55 pubmed..The purified tubulins were polymerized to microtubule-like structures in the presence of 2 mM guanosine 5'-triphosphate (GTP). ..
- Kim J, Kim B, Park Y, Ko J, Lim C, Lim J, et al. Characterization of flavonoid 7-O-glucosyltransferase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:1471-7 pubmed..These results indicate that AtGT-2 encodes a flavonoid 7-O-glucosyltransferase. ..
- Shin J, Lee T, Kim H, Lee I. Complementarity between distance- and probability-based methods of gene neighbourhood identification for pathway reconstruction. Mol Biosyst. 2014;10:24-9 pubmed publisher..We report that these two approaches are highly complementary, with differential sensitivity for the core pathway links. We demonstrate that integrating these measures improves prediction of both pathways and phenotypes. ..
- Yoo K, Lee H, Lee H, Lee K, Lee S, Chung H, et al. Expression and functional analyses of mHAUSP regulating apoptosis of cervical adenocarcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2005;27:97-104 pubmed..However, other conserved amino acids were required for deubiquitinating enzyme activity of mHAUSP. Moreover, we observed that the overexpression of mHAUSP induces cell death in HeLa cells. ..
- Yang J, Kang H, Choi G, Yoneda K, Jung S, Park K, et al. A glutamate to lysine mutation at the end of 2B rod domain of keratin 2e gene in ichthyosis bullosa of Siemens. Acta Derm Venereol. 1998;78:417-9 pubmed..Of these sites, E493, which is conserved in type I and type II keratin genes, is the most frequently altered amino acid in the K2e gene. These data together suggest that this codon constitutes a hot spot for mutations in the K2e gene. ..