Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Busan, South Korea
Locale: Busan, South Korea
Topic: cell line
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Park G, Choi Y, Kim Y, Lee H, Kim D, Hur D. ROS and ERK1/2-mediated caspase-9 activation increases XAF1 expression in dexamethasone-induced apoptosis of EBV-transformed B cells. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:29-38 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Dex constitutes a probable therapy for EBV-associated hematological malignancies. ..
- Lee S, Choi N, Yu H, Park J, Choi H, Lee K, et al. Atorvastatin Protects NSC-34 Motor Neurons Against Oxidative Stress by Activating PI3K, ERK and Free Radical Scavenging. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:695-705 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that statins could help protect motor neurons from oxidative stress. ..
- Zenke K, Kim K. Novel fugu U6 promoter driven shRNA expression vector for efficient vector based RNAi in fish cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:480-3 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that fugu U6 promoter driven shRNA expression vector can be novel tool for RNAi induction in fish cell lines. ..
- Song S, Kim I, Nam T. Effect of a hot water extract of Chlorella vulgaris on proliferation of IEC-6 cells. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29:741-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CVE stimulated proliferation of IEC-6 cells via the MAPK, PI3K/Akt and canonical Wnt pathways, and that this affected the canonical Wnt pathway...
- Ngo D, Ryu B, Kim S. Active peptides from skate (Okamejei kenojei) skin gelatin diminish angiotensin-I converting enzyme activity and intracellular free radical-mediated oxidation. Food Chem. 2014;143:246-55 pubmed publisher..The current study demonstrated that the peptides derived from skate skin gelatin could be used in the food industry as functional ingredients with potent antihypertensive and antioxidant benefits. ..
- Lee M, Osaki T, Lee J, Baek M, Zhang R, Park J, et al. Peptidoglycan recognition proteins involved in 1,3-beta-D-glucan-dependent prophenoloxidase activation system of insect. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3218-27 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Hd-PGRP-1 can serve as a receptor for 1,3-beta-D-glucan in the insect proPO activation system. ..
- Jeong H, Lee S, Kim J, Xuan Y, Lee K, Park S, et al. Acanthamoeba: keratopathogenicity of isolates from domestic tap water in Korea. Exp Parasitol. 2007;117:357-67 pubmed..In conclusion, domestic tap water may constitute a source of Acanthamoeba contamination of CLSC, and most isolates from CLSC and domestic tap water appear to be potentially keratopathogenic. ..
- Yun M, Park H, Seo K, Lee S, Im D, Kim C. 5-Lipoxygenase plays an essential role in 4-HNE-enhanced ROS production in murine macrophages via activation of NADPH oxidase. Free Radic Res. 2010;44:742-50 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that 5-LO plays a critical role in HNE-induced ROS generation in murine macrophages through activation of NADPH oxidase. ..
- Kong H, Lee Y, Shin J, Cho H, Kim W, Kim H, et al. Molecular characterization of tripartite motif protein 25 (TRIM25) involved in ER?-mediated transcription in the Korean rose bitterling Rhodeus uyekii. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;163:147-53 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the RuTRIM25 regulates the ER-mediated transcription in fish similarly to its mammalian counterpart. ..
- Bang S, Kim J, Kim H, Lee Y, Park S, Lee S, et al. Achyranthes japonica exhibits anti-inflammatory effect via NF-?B suppression and HO-1 induction in macrophages. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;144:109-17 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the scientific rationale for anti-inflammatory therapeutic use of A. japonica roots. ..
- Kim Y, Lee S, Yun J, Kim A. Chromatin looping and eRNA transcription precede the transcriptional activation of gene in the Î²-globin locus. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..These results show that chromatin looping and eRNA transcription precedes the transcriptional activation of gene. Concomitant occurrence of the two events suggests functional relationship between them. ..
- Kim K, Kim K, Kim H, Cheong J. Hepatitis B virus X protein induces lipogenic transcription factor SREBP1 and fatty acid synthase through the activation of nuclear receptor LXRalpha. Biochem J. 2008;416:219-30 pubmed publisher..These studies place LXRalpha in a key position within the HBx-induced lipogenic pathways, and suggest a molecular mechanism through which HBV infection can stimulate the SREBP1-mediated control of hepatic lipid accumulation. ..
- Kim S, Son T, Kim K, Park H, Mattson M, Lee J. Interferon-gamma promotes differentiation of neural progenitor cells via the JNK pathway. Neurochem Res. 2007;32:1399-406 pubmed..Our findings show that the pro-inflammatory cytokine, IFN-gamma has the potential to stimulate neurogenesis, suggesting roles for this cytokine in development and repair of the nervous system. ..
- Choi T, Park S, Kang H, Cheong J, Kim H, Lee B, et al. Redox regulation of DNA binding activity of DREF (DNA replication-related element binding factor) in Drosophila. Biochem J. 2004;378:833-8 pubmed..These findings give insight into the exact nature of DREF function in the regulation of target genes by the intracellular redox state. ..
- Kim K, Kim K, Cho H, Kim H, Kim H, Cheong J. SHP (small heterodimer partner) suppresses the transcriptional activity and nuclear localization of Hedgehog signalling protein Gli1. Biochem J. 2010;427:413-22 pubmed publisher..Finally, SHP overexpression decreased the expression of Gli target genes and SHP knockdown increased the expression of these genes. Taken together, these results suggest that SHP can play a negative role in Hedgehog/Gli1 signalling. ..
- Ngo D, Ryu B, Vo T, Himaya S, Wijesekara I, Kim S. Free radical scavenging and angiotensin-I converting enzyme inhibitory peptides from Pacific cod (Gadus macrocephalus) skin gelatin. Int J Biol Macromol. 2011;49:1110-6 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that the peptides derived from Pacific cod (G. macrocephalus) skin gelatin could be used in the food industry as functional ingredients with potent antioxidative and antihypertensive benefits. ..
- Bach L, Islam M, Vo T, Kim S, Lim K. Poly(allyl methacrylate) functionalized hydroxyapatite nanocrystals via the combination of surface-initiated RAFT polymerization and thiol-ene protocol: a potential anticancer drug nanocarrier. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013;394:132-40 pubmed publisher..The formation of the complex was confirmed by FT-IR, XPS, and FE-SEM. In vitro evaluation of the synthesized complex as nanomedicine revealed its potential chemotherapeutic efficacy against cancer cell lines. ..
- Kim M, Kim K. Inhibition of viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus replication using a short hairpin RNA targeting the G gene. Arch Virol. 2011;156:457-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, shRNA-VG594 expressed in EPC cells did not confer protection against infectious hematopoietic necrosis virus (IHNV), suggesting sequence-specific RNAi-dependent suppression of viral replication. ..
- Islam M, Choi R, Jin S, Kim Y, Ahn B, Zhao D, et al. Mechanism of anti-inflammatory activity of umbelliferone 6-carboxylic acid isolated from Angelica decursiva. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;144:175-81 pubmed publisher..decursiva and its anti-inflammatory effect was due to its ability to inhibit the production of inflammatory mediators via inhibition of NF-?B activation pathway. ..
- Yang H, Chung D, Kim Y, Choi Y, Moon Y. Ribotoxic mycotoxin deoxynivalenol induces G2/M cell cycle arrest via p21Cip/WAF1 mRNA stabilization in human epithelial cells. Toxicology. 2008;243:145-54 pubmed..Particularly, ERK1/2 signal was associated with DON-induced p21 mRNA stabilization in the human epithelial cells. Taken together, deoxynivalenol arrested epithelial cell cycle at G(2)/M phase via elevated p21 gene expression. ..
- Kim H, Cho H, Kim H, Cheong J. Oxygenated derivatives of cholesterol promote hepatitis B virus gene expression through nuclear receptor LXR? activation. Virus Res. 2011;158:55-61 pubmed publisher..These results point to a novel mechanism of oxysterol-mediated gene regulation in HBV replication and a potent mechanism underlying the failure of IFN?-based treatment. ..
- Kim J, Jung K, Choi J, Chung H. Modulation of the age-related nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) pathway by hesperetin. Aging Cell. 2006;5:401-11 pubmed..The most significant findings of the current study report new information on the use of hesperetin as a potential anti-aging agent. ..
- Jung J, Kwun H, Lee J, Arora P, Jang K. Hepatitis B virus X protein differentially affects the ubiquitin-mediated proteasomal degradation of beta-catenin depending on the status of cellular p53. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2144-54 pubmed
- Kim S, Kim J, Choi J, Kim M, Yoon N, Choi C, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of hexane fraction from Myagropsis myagroides ethanolic extract in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated BV-2 microglial cells. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2013;65:895-906 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that MMH has a strong anti-inflammatory activity in LPS-stimulated microglia, suggesting that MMH can be used as a therapeutic agent against neuroinflammatory diseases. ..
- Gwon W, Lee M, Kim J, Kim J, Lim C, Kim N, et al. Hexane fraction from Sargassum fulvellum inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in RAW 264.7 cells via NF-?B pathways. Am J Chin Med. 2013;41:565-84 pubmed publisher..The above data indicate that the anti-inflammatory effects of HFS on LPS-stimulated cells are associated with the suppression of NF-?B through the inhibition of MAPKs and Akt phosphorylation...
- Cho H, Kong H, Kim H, Cheong J. Characterization of Paralichthys olivaceus peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? gene as a master regulator of flounder lipid metabolism. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;175:39-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PoPPAR? plays an important role in lipid metabolism of olive flounder and that it is functionally and evolutionarily conserved in olive flounder and mammals...
- Xiao B, Yin J, Park M, Liu J, Li J, Kim E, et al. Design and synthesis of marine fungal phthalide derivatives as PPAR-? agonists. Bioorg Med Chem. 2012;20:4954-61 pubmed publisher..This new phthalide derivative is considered an interesting new molecular class of PPAR-? ligands. ..
- Pangestuti R, Vo T, Ngo D, Kim S. Fucoxanthin ameliorates inflammation and oxidative reponses in microglia. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:3876-83 pubmed publisher..The findings in this study suggest that fucoxanthin may serve as a negative feedback regulator of inflammation and oxidative stress in BV2 cells and thereby may protect neuronal cells from neurotoxic mediators released by microglia. ..
- Park S, Kim Y, Park G. Anti-neuro-inflammatory effects of Nardostachys chinensis in lipopolysaccharide-and lipoteichoic acid-stimulated microglial cells. Chin J Nat Med. 2016;14:343-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings indicate that EN could be used as a natural anti-neuro-inflammatory and neuroprotective agent. ..
- Kim S, Ha M, Choi E, Choi J, Choi I. Prevotella intermedia lipopolysaccharide stimulates release of nitric oxide by inducing expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase. J Periodontal Res. 2004;39:424-31 pubmed..7. We also attempted to throw light on the signaling mechanisms involved in P. intermedia lipopolysaccharide-induced NO production...
- Lee H, Kim M, Park K, Bae Y, Yun J, Park J, et al. Serum amyloid A stimulates matrix-metalloproteinase-9 upregulation via formyl peptide receptor like-1-mediated signaling in human monocytic cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:989-98 pubmed..Taken together, we suggest that SAA plays a role in the modulation of inflammatory and immune responses via FPRL1, by inducing MMP-9 upregulation in human monocytic cells. ..
- Lim H, Lee E, Kim J, Park M, Kim D, Choi Y, et al. PPAR? activation by baicalin suppresses NF-?B-mediated inflammation in aged rat kidney. Biogerontology. 2012;13:133-45 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that baicalin is a novel PPAR? activator and that this agent may have the potential to minimize inflammation. ..
- Jeong W, Rho J, Yoon Y, Yoo S, Jeong N, Ryu W, et al. Cytoplasmic and nuclear anti-apoptotic roles of ?B-crystallin in retinal pigment epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45754 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ?B-crystallin prevents caspase activation by physically interacting with caspase subtypes in the cytoplasm and nucleus, thereby protecting RPE cells from MGO-induced apoptosis. ..
- Gui Z, Lee K, Kim B, Choi Y, Wei Y, Choo Y, et al. Functional role of aspartic proteinase cathepsin D in insect metamorphosis. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:49 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we concluded that BmCatD is critically involved in the programmed cell death of the larval fat body and larval gut in silkworm metamorphosis...
- Kang H, Song I, Shin H, Kim W, Lee C, Shim J, et al. Identification and functional characterization of genetic variants of human organic cation transporters in a Korean population. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:667-75 pubmed
- Yoon J, Kim H, Yadunandam A, Kim N, Jung H, Choi J, et al. Neferine isolated from Nelumbo nucifera enhances anti-cancer activities in Hep3B cells: molecular mechanisms of cell cycle arrest, ER stress induced apoptosis and anti-angiogenic response. Phytomedicine. 2013;20:1013-22 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal that the therapeutic potential of neferine in treating HCC Hep3B cells, containing copies of hepatitis B virus (HBV) genomes. ..
- Kang T, Banquy X, Heo J, Lim C, Lynd N, Lundberg P, et al. Mussel-Inspired Anchoring of Polymer Loops That Provide Superior Surface Lubrication and Antifouling Properties. ACS Nano. 2016;10:930-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that strongly anchored polymer loops are effective for high lubrication and low cell adhesion and represent a promising candidate for the development of specialized high-performance biomedical coatings. ..
- Choi J, Yu T, Cha B, Rhee M, Yoo E, Kim M, et al. Modulatory effects of ZYM-201 sodium succinate on dietary-induced hyperlipidemic conditions. Pharmazie. 2011;66:791-7 pubmed
- Lee S, Kwon J, Cho S, Jarrar Y, Shin J. Effects of testosterone and 17?-oestradiol on expression of the G protein-coupled receptor P2Y12 in megakaryocytic DAMI cells. Platelets. 2012;23:579-85 pubmed publisher..Further studies using primary human megakaryocytes and platelets could be necessary to know the effect of hormones on the P2Y12 expression in circulating platelets...
- Chung S, Kim M, Chung J, Kim D, Choi J, Anton S, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor activation by a short-term feeding of zingerone in aged rats. J Med Food. 2009;12:345-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that zingerone exerts its potent anti-inflammatory action by increasing HNF-4 and PPAR activities, while suppressing NF-kappaB activity. ..
- Yang D, Chung J, Lee S, Park S, Pyo J, Ha N, et al. Slug, mammalian homologue gene of Drosophila escargot, promotes neuronal-differentiation through suppression of HEB/daughterless. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:2789-802 pubmed
- Kong H, Moon J, Han Y, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, et al. PoCRIP1, Paralichthys olivaceus cysteine-rich intestinal protein 1: molecular characterization, expression analysis upon Edwardsiella tarda challenge and a possible role in the immune regulation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:917-22 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of PoCRIP1 augmented p65-driven flounder IL-6 promoter activity in HINAE cells. These results suggest that PoCRIP1 may function in the immune response of the flounder through the regulation of cytokine expression. ..
- Kim Y, Chung J, Lee S, Kim J, Park J, Kim W, et al. Arsenic trioxide-induced apoptosis in TM4 Sertoli cells: the potential involvement of p21 expression and p53 phosphorylation. Toxicology. 2011;285:142-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, further studies on the exposure effects of AsTO on the morphology and function of Sertoli cells in animal experiments will provide a more precise knowledge of AsTO cytotoxicity on male reproduction. ..
- Choi I, Choi E, Jin J, Park H, Choi J, Kim S. Kaempferol inhibits P. intermedia lipopolysaccharide-induced production of nitric oxide through translational regulation in murine macrophages: critical role of heme oxygenase-1-mediated ROS reduction. J Periodontol. 2013;84:545-55 pubmed publisher..intermedia LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells at the translational level via HO-1-mediated ROS reduction and could be an efficient modulator of host response in the treatment of periodontal disease. ..
- Kong H, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, Cho H, Lee C, et al. Characterization of the flounder IL-6 promoter and its regulation by the p65 NF-kappaB subunit. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:961-4 pubmed publisher..These results give us new insight into the regulation of flounder IL-6 transcription by the p65 NF-kappaB subunit...
- Ryu Y, Park S, Jung M, Yoon S, Kwen M, Lee S, et al. Dyrk1A-mediated phosphorylation of Presenilin 1: a functional link between Down syndrome and Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem. 2010;115:574-84 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a potential regulatory link between Dyrk1A and PS1 in the A? pathway of DS and AD brains, suggesting that up-regulated Dyrk1A may accelerate AD pathogenesis through PS1 phosphorylation. ..
- Jin C, Park C, Hwang H, Kim G, Choi B, Kim W, et al. Naringenin up-regulates the expression of death receptor 5 and enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis in human lung cancer A549 cells. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011;55:300-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that treatment with a combination of TRAIL and naringenin may be a safe strategy for treatment of resistant NSCLC. ..
- Srisuttee R, Koh S, Park E, Cho I, Min H, Jhun B, et al. Up-regulation of Foxo4 mediated by hepatitis B virus X protein confers resistance to oxidative stress-induced cell death. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:255-60 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we propose that Foxo4 may be a useful target for suppression in the treatment of HBV-associated hepatocellular carcinoma cells. ..
- Park S, Park D, Kim Y, Kim Y, Choi Y, Lee S. Schisandra chinensis ?-iso-cubebenol induces heme oxygenase-1 expression through PI3K/Akt and Nrf2 signaling and has anti-inflammatory activity in Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:1907-15 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ?-iso-cubebenol may be considered as a novel therapeutic agent to ameliorate periodontitis...
- Shin S, Park D, Lee H, Hong Y, Choi J, Oh J, et al. The herbal composition GGEx18 from Laminaria japonica, Rheum palmatum, and Ephedra sinica reduces obesity via skeletal muscle AMPK and PPARα. Pharm Biol. 2012;50:506-15 pubmed publisher..However, compound C inhibited these effects in C2C12 cells. These results suggest that GGEx18 improves obesity through skeletal muscle AMPK and AMPK-stimulated expression of PPARα and its target enzymes for fatty acid oxidation. ..
- Kim M, Kim S. Chitooligosaccharides inhibit activation and expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in human dermal fibroblasts. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2661-6 pubmed..These results suggest that COS may play an important role in the prevention and treatment of MMP-2 mediated several health problems such as metastasis and wrinkle formation. ..
- Jang K, Kim H, Han M, Oh Y, Yoon H, Chung Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of saponins derived from the roots of Platycodon grandiflorus in lipopolysaccharide?stimulated BV2 microglial cells. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:1357-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings suggest that PGS may be useful in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases by inhibiting inflammatory responses in activated microglial cells. ..
- Woo S, Yoon M, Kim J, Hong Y, Kim M, Shin S, et al. The anti-angiogenic herbal extract from Melissa officinalis inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and suppresses adipocyte hypertrophy in high fat diet-induced obese C57BL/6J mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;178:238-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, by curbing adipogenesis, anti-angiogenic ALS-L1023 yields a possible therapeutic choice for the prevention and treatment of human obesity and its associated conditions. ..
- Kim D, Kim J, Yu B, Chung H. The activation of NF-kappaB through Akt-induced FOXO1 phosphorylation during aging and its modulation by calorie restriction. Biogerontology. 2008;9:33-47 pubmed..We conclude that the phosphorylation of FOXO1 regulates NF-kappaB nuclear translocation by activating PI3K/Akt during aging, which was suppressed by the hypoinsulinemic action of CR. ..
- Jang Y, Namkoong S, Kim Y, Lee S, Park B, Min D. Cleavage of phospholipase D1 by caspase promotes apoptosis via modulation of the p53-dependent cell death pathway. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:1782-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that cleavage of PLD1 by caspases promotes apoptosis via modulation of the p53-dependent cell death pathway. ..
- Shim S, Choi J, Byun D. Inhibitory effects of phloroglucinol derivatives isolated from Ecklonia stolonifera on Fc(epsilon)RI expression. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009;17:4734-9 pubmed publisher..stolonifera. ..
- Shin E, Hwang H, Kim I, Nam T. A glycoprotein from Porphyra yezoensis produces anti-inflammatory effects in liposaccharide-stimulated macrophages via the TLR4 signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:809-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PGP exerts its anti-inflammatory effects by modulating TLR4 signaling and thus inhibiting the activation of NF-?B and MAP kinases...
- Jin G, Park S, Kim E, Ryu E, Kim Y, Park G, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of Bambusae Caulis in Taeniam through heme oxygenase-1 expression via Nrf-2 and p38 MAPK signaling in macrophages. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;34:315-323 pubmed publisher..gingivalis LPS-stimulated macrophages. This result indicates that BCE is a promising therapeutic agent for combating periodontitis. ..
- Kim T, Lee S, Rim H, Shin J, Jung J, Heo J, et al. In vitro and in vivo immunostimulatory effects of hot water extracts from the leaves of Artemisia princeps Pampanini cv. Sajabal. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;149:254-62 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that upregulations of the expressions of iNOS and TNF-? via the activations of NF-?B and MAPK are responsible for the immunostimulatory effects of WAPP. ..
- Lee H, Kang H, Jo E, Kim J, Lee Y, Lee S, et al. Trp-Lys-Tyr-Met-Val-Met stimulates phagocytosis via phospho-lipase D-dependent signaling in mouse dendritic cells. Exp Mol Med. 2004;36:135-44 pubmed..4 as well as in mouse bone marrow-derived dendritic cells, this study suggests that the activation of FPR family by WKYMVM stimulates the PLD activity resulting in phagocytic activity in DC2.4 cells...
- Lee J, Kwun H, Jung J, Choi K, Min D, Jang K. Hepatitis B virus X protein represses E-cadherin expression via activation of DNA methyltransferase 1. Oncogene. 2005;24:6617-25 pubmed..Therefore, the present study suggests that HBx plays a role during hepatocellular carcinogenesis by favoring cell detachment from the surrounding cells and migration outside of the primary tumor site. ..
- Gwak J, Cho M, Gong S, Won J, Kim D, Kim E, et al. Protein-kinase-C-mediated beta-catenin phosphorylation negatively regulates the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4702-9 pubmed..Moreover, the depletion of PKCalpha inhibited the phosphorylation and degradation of beta-catenin. Therefore, our findings suggest that the PKC pathway negatively regulates the beta-catenin level outside of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. ..
- Kim K, Hong S, Kim K, Park M, Kim K, Cheong J. HCV core protein induces hepatic lipid accumulation by activating SREBP1 and PPARgamma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:883-8 pubmed..Therefore, our finding provides a new insight into the mechanism of hepatic steatosis by HCV infection. ..
- Kim H, Kim Y, Nam B, Kong H, Kim H, Kim Y, et al. HIF-1alpha expression in response to lipopolysaccaride mediates induction of hepatic inflammatory cytokine TNFalpha. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1866-76 pubmed
- Choi Y, Hwang M, Park J, Bae S, Kim Y, Yoo M. Age-related upregulation of Drosophila caudal gene via NF-kappaB in the adult posterior midgut. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:1093-100 pubmed publisher..Our results may contribute to an understanding of the mechanisms of age-related changes in the number and activity of intestinal stem cells and progenitors in the Drosophila adult midgut. ..
- Lim J, Woo J, Shin Y. Cilostazol protects endothelial cells against lipopolysaccharide-induced apoptosis through ERK1/2- and P38 MAPK-dependent pathways. Korean J Intern Med. 2009;24:113-22 pubmed publisher..Activation of ERK1/2 and p38 MAPKs, and subsequent stimulation of CREB phosphorylation and Bcl-2 expression, may be responsible for the cellular signaling mechanism of cilostazol-mediated protection. ..
- Kim K, Kim K, Ha E, Park J, Sakamoto N, Cheong J. Hepatitis C virus NS5A protein increases hepatic lipid accumulation via induction of activation and expression of PPARgamma. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2720-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that NS5A may exploit multiple strategies that enhance PPARgamma-induced lipid accumulation...
- Li Y, Li Y, Lee S, Qian Z, Kim S. Inhibitors of oxidation and matrix metalloproteinases, floridoside, and D-isofloridoside from marine red alga Laurencia undulata. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:578-86 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the structure-activity relationships were also suggested. Both isomers could be effective candidates for applications in food and pharmaceutical fields as natural marine antioxidants...
- Kim M, Kim S. Effect of phloroglucinol on oxidative stress and inflammation. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:2925-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that phloroglucinol can provide a therapeutic potential for prevention of chronic inflammation. ..
- Park S, Kim Y, Kim E, Ryu E, Lee S. Heme oxygenase-1 signals are involved in preferential inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokine release by surfactin in cells activated with Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide. Chem Biol Interact. 2010;188:437-45 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations support the potential of surfactin as a candidate in strategies to prevent caries, periodontitis, or other inflammatory diseases. ..
- Choi Y, Park H. Anti-inflammatory effects of spermidine in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated BV2 microglial cells. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:31 pubmed publisher..However, the molecular mechanisms responsible for its anti-inflammatory activity have not yet been elucidated...
- Cheal Yoo J, Park N, Lee B, Nashed A, Lee Y, Hwan Kim T, et al. 14-3-3? regulates Copine1-mediated neuronal differentiation in HiB5 hippocampal progenitor cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:85-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that 14-3-3? regulates the differentiation ability of CPNE1 through the binding with C2A domain of CPNE1 in HiB5 cells. ..
- Lee K, Kim S, Park N, Kim I, Kang P, Sohn B, et al. Characterization of a silkworm thioredoxin peroxidase that is induced by external temperature stimulus and viral infection. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;35:73-84 pubmed
- Lee S, Jeong H, Liu K, Ryu J, Moon T, Yoon C, et al. Identification and functional characterization of novel CYP2J2 variants: G312R variant causes loss of enzyme catalytic activity. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2005;15:105-13 pubmed..The G312R variant is the first nonfunctional CYP2J2 allele to be identified, and is expected to influence the disposition of its substrate therapeutics, as well as endogenous compounds. ..
- Kim S, Choi E, Kim E, Shin S, Lee J, Choi J, et al. Prevotella intermedia lipopolysaccharide stimulates release of tumor necrosis factor-alpha through mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways in monocyte-derived macrophages. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2007;51:407-13 pubmed..These data thus provided good evidence that the MAPK signaling pathways are required for the regulation of P. intermedia lipopolysaccharide-induced TNF-alpha synthesis at the level of translation more than at the transcriptional level...
- Wang D, Kim B, Lee K, Yoon H, Cui Z, Lu W, et al. Molecular characterization of iron binding proteins, transferrin and ferritin heavy chain subunit, from the bumblebee Bombus ignitus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;152:20-7 pubmed publisher..ignitus worker bees revealed that Bi-Tf and Bi-FerHCH are differentially induced in a time-dependent manner in a single insect by wounding, bacterial challenge, and iron overload. ..
- Cho H, Choi E, Lee S, Jung K, Seo S, Choi I, et al. Programmed death-1 receptor negatively regulates LPS-mediated IL-12 production and differentiation of murine macrophage RAW264.7 cells. Immunol Lett. 2009;127:39-47 pubmed publisher..7 cells upon PD-1 engagement. Taken together, our results reveal a novel function of macrophage PD-1 in the negative regulation of IL-12 synthesis and differentiation into dendritic cell-like cells. ..
- Cho H, Choi E, Lee S, Kim K, Park S, Lee C, et al. All-trans retinoic acid induces TLR-5 expression and cell differentiation and promotes flagellin-mediated cell functions in human THP-1 cells. Immunol Lett. 2011;136:97-107 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that ATRA is a crucial immunostimulatory cofactor that induces the activation of macrophages and their subsequent differentiation into dendritic-like cells. ..
- Karadeniz F, Karagozlu M, Kong C, Kim S. In vitro anti-HIV-1 activity of the aqueous extract of Asterina pectinifera. Curr HIV Res. 2011;9:95-102 pubmed..In the light of current study, it can be concluded that A. pectinifera contains highly potential anti-HIV-1 components and a further investigation for active compound isolation is urged...
- Moon J, Nam B, Kong H, Kim Y, Kim W, Kim B, et al. Maximal transcriptional activation of piscine soluble Toll-like receptor 5 by the NF-?B subunit p65 and flagellin. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:881-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NF-?B and flagellin are essential components that act as a transcription factor and ligand, respectively, for maximal induction of the TLR5S promoter. ..
- Ryu E, Park S, Kim S, Park D, Kang J, Kim Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of heme oxygenase-1 toward Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide in macrophages exposed to gomisins A, G, and J. J Med Food. 2011;14:1519-26 pubmed publisher..We found that gomisins G and J extracted from Schisandria chinensis can inhibit the P. gingivalis lipopolysaccharide induced-inflammatory responses in Raw264.7 cells. ..
- Himaya S, Ryu B, Qian Z, Kim S. Paeonol from Hippocampus kuda Bleeler suppressed the neuro-inflammatory responses in vitro via NF-?B and MAPK signaling pathways. Toxicol In Vitro. 2012;26:878-87 pubmed publisher..7 cells via modulating MAPK and NF-?B signaling pathways. Therefore, paeonol could be a promising candidate to be used in neuro-inflammatory therapy. ..
- Kong H, Lee Y, Kim W, Kim H, Kim B, An C, et al. Molecular and functional analyses of the fast skeletal myosin light chain2 gene of the Korean oily bitterling, Acheilognathus koreensis. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16672-84 pubmed publisher..Although the detailed mechanism underlying the expression of Akmlc2f remains unknown, these results suggest the muscle-specific expression of Akmlc2f transcript and the functional activation of Akmlc2f promoter by C/EBP?. ..