Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications489 found, 100 shown here
- Na Y, Yoon Y, Son D, Seok S. Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition blocks M2 macrophage differentiation and suppresses metastasis in murine breast cancer model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63451 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, COX-2 inhibition caused loss of the M2 macrophage characteristics of TAMs and may assist prevention of breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Choi Y, Yuan D, Rajkovic A. Germ cell-specific transcriptional regulator sohlh2 is essential for early mouse folliculogenesis and oocyte-specific gene expression. Biol Reprod. 2008;79:1176-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that Sohlh2 is a critical factor for maintenance and differentiation of the oocyte during early oogenesis. ..
- Park S, Park H, Koo J, Yang W, Kim S, Park B. Breast cancers presenting luminal B subtype features show higher discordant human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 results between immunohistochemistry and fluorescence in situ hybridization. Cancer. 2012;118:914-23 pubmed publisher..FISH assay might be considered for a selected group of patients with IHC-negative tumors showing luminal B subtype features of ER-positive, grade II/III, and high Ki-67 expression. ..
- Chung H, Kang Y, Hwang C, Moon I, Yim C, Choi K, et al. Deflazacort increases osteoclast formation in mouse bone marrow culture and the ratio of RANKL/OPG mRNA expression in marrow stromal cells. J Korean Med Sci. 2001;16:769-73 pubmed..These effects are, in part, thought to be mediated by the regulation of the expression of OPG and RANKL mRNA in marrow stromal cells. ..
- Yang E, Yoon J, Chung K. Bruton's tyrosine kinase phosphorylates cAMP-responsive element-binding protein at serine 133 during neuronal differentiation in immortalized hippocampal progenitor cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1827-37 pubmed..These results suggest that the activation of BTK and the subsequent phosphorylation of CREB at Ser-133 are important in the neuronal differentiation of hippocampal progenitor cells. ..
- Kim S, Lim M, Kang S, Lee Y, Kang K. Impaired functions of neural stem cells by abnormal nitric oxide-mediated signaling in an in vitro model of Niemann-Pick type C disease. Cell Res. 2008;18:686-94 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that overproduction of NO in NPC disease impaired the self-renewal of NSCs. Control of NO production may be key for the treatment of NPC disease. ..
- Lee S, Kim J, Park H, Jang H, Lee H, Min T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the germ cell-related nuclear orphan receptor in chickens. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:273-84 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that cNR6A1 may play an important role during chicken embryonic development and differentiation. ..
- Won H, Min H, Lee W, Kim S, Hwang E. Galpha12 is critical for TCR-induced IL-2 production and differentiation of T helper 2 and T helper 17 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:811-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Galpha12 may be a critical signaling molecule in TCR-induced IL-2 production and also relay a signal to suppress Th2 and Th17 cell differentiation. ..
- Cho J, Jang H, Cheon H, Jeong Y, Kim D, Lim Y, et al. A novel dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor DA-1229 ameliorates streptozotocin-induced diabetes by increasing ?-cell replication and neogenesis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;91:72-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a therapeutic potential of DA-1229 in diabetes, particularly that associated with decreased ?-cell mass. ..
- Kim D, Lee J, Kim S, Oh S, Lee M, Kim K, et al. Inhibition of autoimmune diabetes by TLR2 tolerance. J Immunol. 2011;187:5211-20 pubmed publisher..TLR2 modulation could be used as a novel therapeutic modality against autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Lee J, Jung M, Hwang Y, Lee Y, Lee S, Lee D, et al. Heparin-coated superparamagnetic iron oxide for in vivo MR imaging of human MSCs. Biomaterials. 2012;33:4861-71 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that UFH-SPIO nanoparticles are promising as a new MRI contrast agent for in vivo long-term tracking of hMSCs. ..
- Park S, Kim E, Koh S, Maeng S, Lee W, Lim J, et al. Dopaminergic differentiation of neural progenitors derived from placental mesenchymal stem cells in the brains of Parkinson's disease model rats and alleviation of asymmetric rotational behavior. Brain Res. 2012;1466:158-66 pubmed publisher..Hence, the placenta is an auspicious source of stem cells for the therapeutic treatment of neurological disorders. ..
- Lee K, Hwang S, Paik D, Kim W, Kim J, Youn J. Bacillus-derived poly-?-glutamic acid reciprocally regulates the differentiation of T helper 17 and regulatory T cells and attenuates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2012;170:66-76 pubmed publisher..These findings draw attention to the potential of ?-PGA for treating Th17 cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Jang H, Noh J, Shin J, Lin J, Lee S. PTEN regulation by the Akt/GSK-3? axis during RANKL signaling. Bone. 2013;55:126-31 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that inhibiting GSK-3? during RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis decreases PTEN phosphorylation, leading to enhanced osteoclast differentiation through Akt activation. ..
- Jami A, Gadi J, Lee M, Kim E, Lee M, Jung H, et al. Pax6 expressed in osteocytes inhibits canonical Wnt signaling. Mol Cells. 2013;35:305-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that Pax6 is expressed in bone and may play an important role in osteocyte differentiation by controlling canonical Wnt signaling...
- Choi S, Cho T, Kwon S, Lee G, Cho J. Chondrogenesis of periodontal ligament stem cells by transforming growth factor-?3 and bone morphogenetic protein-6 in a normal healthy impacted third molar. Int J Oral Sci. 2013;5:7-13 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study demonstrate the potential of the dental stem cell as a valuable cell source for chondrogenesis, which may be applicable for regeneration of cartilage and bone fracture in the field of cell therapy. ..
- Lee S, Leem Y, Go G, Choi Y, Song Y, Kim I, et al. Epicatechin elicits MyoD-dependent myoblast differentiation and myogenic conversion of fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175271 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, EC has a potential as a therapeutic or nutraceutical remedy to treat degenerative muscle diseases or age-related muscle weakness. ..
- Park J, Jeong J, Byun J, Lim M, Kim E, Kim S, et al. Regulator of Calcineurin 3 Ameliorates Autoimmune Arthritis by Suppressing Th17 Cell Differentiation. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2034-2045 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RCAN3 may be an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Kim B, Choi C, Lee C, Jeong S, Kim J, Kim B, et al. Glutathione is required for growth and prespore cell differentiation in Dictyostelium. Dev Biol. 2005;284:387-98 pubmed publisher..2 mM GSH may result from altered cell cycle. These results suggest that glutathione itself is essential for growth and differentiation to prespore in Dictyostelium...
- Kim K, Kim H, Kim J, Lee C, Kim D, Lee Y, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-1beta increases CTRP1 expression in adipose tissue. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3953-60 pubmed..These findings indicate that CTRP1 expression may be associated with a low-grade chronic inflammation status in adipose tissues. ..
- Huang H, Chang E, Ryu J, Lee Z, Lee Y, Kim H. Induction of c-Fos and NFATc1 during RANKL-stimulated osteoclast differentiation is mediated by the p38 signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:99-105 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a previously unknown function of the p38 pathway in up-regulating c-Fos and NFATc1 expression during RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Ko J, Park C, Koh H, Cho Y, Kyhm J, Kim Y, et al. Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural precursors as a continuous, stable, and on-demand source for human dopamine neurons. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1417-29 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that hES-NP cell expansion is exploitable for a large-scale generation of experimental and transplantable DA neurons of human-origin. ..
- Chung M, Ha T, Lee K, Paik S. A case of long survival in poorly differentiated small cell carcinoma of the pancreas. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:4964-7 pubmed..During the follow-up, there was no evidence of recurrence and the patient has remained in a good health condition for 36 mo since the diagnosis...
- Lee H, Lee Y, Choi H, Ko E, Kim J. Reactive oxygen species facilitate adipocyte differentiation by accelerating mitotic clonal expansion. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10601-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that redox-induced C/EBPbeta DNA binding activity, along with the dual phosphorylation of C/EBPbeta, is required for the MCE and terminal differentiation of adipocytes. ..
- Jin H, Park S, Oh W, Yang Y, Kim S, Choi S. Down-regulation of CD105 is associated with multi-lineage differentiation in human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:676-81 pubmed publisher..We propose that CD105 is a useful novel marker to characterize differentiation status of isolated human UCB-MSCs, which will be useful to facilitate the application of such cells in stem-cell therapy. ..
- Moon B, Yoon J, Kim M, Lee S, Choi T, Choi K. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 stimulates neuronal differentiation of neuronal stem cells through the ERK pathway. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:116-25 pubmed..The BMP4- mimicking effects of VPA, activation of the Ras-ERK pathway and induction of Tuj1, also were blocked by noggin. These results indicate the potential therapeutic usage of VPA as a replacement for BMP4. ..
- Park J, Na K, Woo D, Yang H, Park K. Determination of dual delivery for stem cell differentiation using dexamethasone and TGF-beta3 in/on polymeric microspheres. Biomaterials. 2009;30:4796-805 pubmed publisher..These heparin-bound TGF-beta3-coated and Dex-loaded PLGA microsphere constructs show promise as coatings for implantable biomedical devices to improve biocompatibility and ensure both in vitro and in vivo performance. ..
- Shen Y, Kim Y, Yun C, Moon Y, Kim S. Transcriptional activation of pref-1 by E2F1 in 3T3 L1 cells. BMB Rep. 2009;42:691-6 pubmed..Knockdown of E2F1 reduced both pref-1 promoter activity and the level of pref-1 mRNA. Taken together, our data suggest that transcriptional activation of pref-1 is stimulated by E2F1 protein in adipocytes...
- Yang J, Sim S, Kim H, Park G. Expression of the homeobox gene, HOPX, is modulated by cell differentiation in human keratinocytes and is involved in the expression of differentiation markers. Eur J Cell Biol. 2010;89:537-46 pubmed publisher..Collectively, HOPX is modulated by cell differentiation in human keratinocytes and this might contribute to homeostasis of keratinocytes by controlling differentiation-dependent genes. ..
- Beck S, Jin X, Sohn Y, Kim J, Kim S, Yin J, et al. Telomerase activity-independent function of TERT allows glioma cells to attain cancer stem cell characteristics by inducing EGFR expression. Mol Cells. 2011;31:9-15 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that TERT plays a crucial role in tumor progression by promoting cancer stemness through expression of EGFR. ..
- Kim H, Lee J, Bae S, Ryoo H, Kim H, Ha H, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitor MS-275 stimulates bone formation in part by enhancing Dhx36-mediated TNAP transcription. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:2161-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of our study show that MS-275 induces TNAP transcription by decreasing the interaction of HDAC1/4 with Dhx36, which can at least in part contribute to the bone anabolic effects of MS-275. ..
- Moon B, Kim H, Kim M, Yang D, Lee J, Cho K, et al. Sur8/Shoc2 involves both inhibition of differentiation and maintenance of self-renewal of neural progenitor cells via modulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling. Stem Cells. 2011;29:320-31 pubmed publisher..In summary, Sur8 is an antidifferentiation factor that stimulates proliferation for maintenance of self-renewal in NPCs via modulation of the Ras-ERK pathway. ..
- Hong B, Ha S, Joo Y, Kim J, Chang K, Woo R, et al. Amyloid precursor protein binding protein-1 knockdown reduces neuronal differentiation in fetal neural stem cells. Neuroreport. 2012;23:61-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that APP-BP1 modulates neuronal differentiation by altering gene expression profiles in fetal neural stem cells. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Song S, Kim J, Sung J. Reactive oxygen species-responsive miR-210 regulates proliferation and migration of adipose-derived stem cells via PTPN2. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e588 pubmed publisher..Transcription of miR-210 expression is regulated by NF-?B and Elk1, and miR-210 increases the proliferation and migration of ASCs via ISCU2 and PTPN2 downregulation. ..
- Kim M, Park B, Kang Y, Kim H, Park J, Kang J, et al. Downregulation of FUSE-binding protein and c-myc by tRNA synthetase cofactor p38 is required for lung cell differentiation. Nat Genet. 2003;34:330-6 pubmed..Thus, this work identified a new activity of p38 as a mediator of TGF-beta signaling and its functional importance in the control of c-myc during lung differentiation. ..
- Yoon M, Yon C, Park S, Oh D, Han A, Kim D, et al. Role of phospholipase D1 in neurite outgrowth of neural stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:804-11 pubmed..In conclusion, this is the first evidence to show that PLD1 acts as an important regulator of neurite outgrowth in neural stem cell by promoting neuronal differentiation via increase of synapsin I expression. ..
- Lee S, Choi M, Lee E, Gong S, Jang M, Park S, et al. Establishment of autologous embryonic stem cells derived from preantral follicle culture and oocyte parthenogenesis. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:1910-20 pubmed..A combined technique of follicle culture and oocyte parthenogenesis that does not use developmentally competent oocytes has the potential to replace somatic cell nuclear transfer for autologous cell therapy. ..
- Lee K, Choi Y, Kim J, Choi J, Sohn D, Lee C, et al. Down-regulation of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling activity by TCR signaling is required for proper thymocyte maturation. J Immunol. 2007;178:7088-96 pubmed..Our results state, for the first time, that the chromatin remodeling activity needs to be finely controlled for proper thymocyte selection and maturation processes. ..
- Han H, Lee S, Lee K, Hong S, Kim J, Sung I, et al. Unclassified mucin phenotype of gastric adenocarcinoma exhibits the highest invasiveness. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:658-66 pubmed publisher..The mucin phenotype reflects the biological behavior of gastric cancer, with the intestinal and unclassified mucin phenotypes exhibiting the lowest and highest invasiveness, respectively. ..
- Shin H, Hong Y, Jang S, Chae H, Paek S, Moon H, et al. A role of canonical transient receptor potential 5 channel in neuronal differentiation from A2B5 neural progenitor cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10359 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that calcium regulation by TRPC5 would play a key role as a switch between proliferation and neuronal differentiation from NPCs. ..
- Yoo D, Choi J, Kim W, Yoo K, Lee C, Yoon Y, et al. Effects of Melissa officinalis L. (lemon balm) extract on neurogenesis associated with serum corticosterone and GABA in the mouse dentate gyrus. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:250-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MOE increases cell proliferation, neuroblast differentiation and integration into granule cells by decreasing serum corticosterone levels as well as by increasing GABA levels in the mouse DG...
- Lee S, Chu K, Jung K, Song Y, Jeon D, Kim S, et al. Direct generation of neurosphere-like cells from human dermal fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21801 pubmed publisher..These results show for the first time that iNS can be directly generated from human fibroblasts. Further studies on their application in neurological diseases are warranted. ..
- Park J, Kim J, Kim B, Cho K, Im G, Kim B, et al. Dose- and time-dependent effects of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 on the osteogenic and adipogenic potentials of alveolar bone-derived stromal cells. J Periodontal Res. 2012;47:645-54 pubmed publisher..The control of adipogenic differentiation of hABCs should be considered when regenerating the alveolar bone using rhBMP-2. ..
- Park S, Kim K, Chun Y, Kim J. Human mesenchymal stem cells differentiate into keratocyte-like cells in keratocyte-conditioned medium. Exp Eye Res. 2012;101:16-26 pubmed publisher..Immunocytochemistry indicated that human MSCs grown in KCM acquired characteristics similar to those of keratocytes. These results suggest that KCM can direct human MSCs to differentiate into keratocyte-like cells. ..
- Choi S, Jung S, Kwon S, Baek S. Perspectives on stem cell therapy for cardiac regeneration. Advances and challenges. Circ J. 2012;76:1307-12 pubmed..Accordingly, this review presents a summary of the stem cell therapies that have been studied for cardiac regeneration thus far, and discusses the direction of future cardiac regeneration research for stem cells. ..
- Ryu K, Cho K, Park H, Kim J, Woo S, Jo I, et al. Tonsil-derived mesenchymal stromal cells: evaluation of biologic, immunologic and genetic factors for successful banking. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:1193-202 pubmed publisher..T-MSC from three independent donors formed chimerism in STR analysis. Our results demonstrate for the first time that T-MSC are a potentially good source for MSC banking. ..
- Yun W, Shin E, Lee K, Jung H, Kim S, Park Y, et al. Clinicopathologic implication of hepatic progenitor cell marker expression in hepatoblastoma. Pathol Res Pract. 2013;209:568-73 pubmed publisher..035). Both hepatoblastomas and childhood HCCs, therefore, exhibit characteristics of HPCs, and the poor prognosis of patients with Oct-3/4-positive hepatoblastoma suggests that stem-like properties affect hepatoblastoma pathogenicity. ..
- Narayanan R, Pirouz M, Kerimoglu C, Pham L, Wagener R, Kiszka K, et al. Loss of BAF (mSWI/SNF) Complexes Causes Global Transcriptional and Chromatin State Changes in Forebrain Development. Cell Rep. 2015;13:1842-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a molecular mechanism mediated by BAF complexes that controls the global transcriptional program and chromatin state in development. ..
- Yoon D, Choi Y, Lee J. Cellular localization of NRF2 determines the self-renewal and osteogenic differentiation potential of human MSCs via the P53-SIRT1 axis. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2093 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to establish a functional link between NRF2 and SIRT1 expression in the maintenance of MSC self-renewal and differentiation potential. ..
- Lee J, Bae H, Lee S, Seong G, Kim C. Effect of Anti-vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Antibody on the Survival of Cultured Retinal Ganglion Cells. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2017;31:360-365 pubmed publisher..When bevacizumab was administered to differentiated RGC-5 cells, the cell damage caused by oxidative stress increased. Therefore, given these in vitro study results, caution should be exercised with bevacizumab treatment. ..
- Jeong S, Koo S, Choi J, Park J, Ha J, Park H, et al. Intermedeol isolated from the leaves of Ligularia fischeri var. spiciformis induces the differentiation of human acute promyeocytic leukemia HL-60 Cells. Planta Med. 2002;68:881-5 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that intermedeol may have potential as a therapeutic agent in human leukemia. ..
- Yoon B, Kim H, Lee S, Bae C, Koh Y, Kong Y, et al. Stability and cellular responses to fluorapatite-collagen composites. Biomaterials. 2005;26:2957-63 pubmed..These enhanced osteoblastic cell responses were attributed to the fluorine release and the reduced dissolution rate. ..
- Kim C, Yun Y, Lee H, Hwang Y, Kwon I, Lee S. In situ fabrication of alendronate-loaded calcium phosphate microspheres: controlled release for inhibition of osteoclastogenesis. J Control Release. 2010;147:45-53 pubmed publisher..The evaluation of the biological activity showed that ALD-loaded CaP microspheres directly blocked osteoclast formation by releasing ALD to monocytic precursor cells and effectively inhibiting their differentiation into osteoclasts. ..
- Park K, Han D, Rhee Y, Jeong S, Kim S, Park Y. Protein kinase C ?II and ?/? play critical roles in bone morphogenic protein-4-stimulated osteoblastic differentiation of MC3T3-E1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;403:7-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that PKC ?II and PKC ?/? mediate BMP-4-induced osteoblastic differentiation. ..
- Seo S, Kwon H, Ko H, Byun Y, Seong B, Uematsu S, et al. Type I interferon signaling regulates Ly6C(hi) monocytes and neutrophils during acute viral pneumonia in mice. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001304 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that IFN-I contributes to resistance of influenza infection by control of monocytes and neutrophils in the lung. ..
- Cho H, Seo Y, Yoon H, Kim S, Kim S, Song K, et al. Neural stimulation on human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells by extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields. Biotechnol Prog. 2012;28:1329-35 pubmed publisher..And also both oligodendrocyte and astrocyte related proteins like O4 and GFAP were expressed by ELF-EMFs. We suggest that EMFs can induce neural differentiation in BM-MSCs without any chemicals or differentiation factors. ..
- Kue C, Lim H, Jung M, Hong H, Cho D, Kim T. C6-ceramide in combination with transforming growth factor-? enhances Treg cell differentiation and stable FoxP3 expression in vitro and in vivo. Immunobiology. 2013;218:952-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that C6 can be utilized to increase Treg cell populations and also to sustain their FoxP3 expression in the treatment of autoimmune diseases or graft rejection. ..
- Kim H, Kim K, Kim B, Jung H, Cho M, Lee S. Reciprocal activation of CD4+ T cells and synovial fibroblasts by stromal cell-derived factor 1 promotes RANKL expression and osteoclastogenesis in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014;66:538-48 pubmed publisher..This study was undertaken to determine the role and mechanism of SDF-1 in RA-associated osteoclastogenesis...
- Chang M, Park C, Son H, Lee Y, Lee S. Developmental stage-dependent self-regulation of embryonic cortical precursor cell survival and differentiation by leukemia inhibitory factor. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11:985-96 pubmed
- Cho S, Park H, Ryu J, Kim S, Kim Y, Choi C, et al. Vascular patches tissue-engineered with autologous bone marrow-derived cells and decellularized tissue matrices. Biomaterials. 2005;26:1915-24 pubmed..This study demonstrates that vascular patches can be tissue-engineered with autologous BMCs and decellularized tissue matrices. ..
- Son W, Lee S, Lim J. Fertilization, cleavage and blastocyst development according to the maturation timing of oocytes in in vitro maturation cycles. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:3204-7 pubmed..1%, 24/47) after transfer of the blastocysts and 29 healthy babies were delivered. These results suggest that oocytes reaching metaphase II faster in an IVM programme have better embryonic developmental competence. ..
- Jeong C, Lee H, Cha J, Kim J, Kim K, Kim J, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha inhibits self-renewal of mouse embryonic stem cells in Vitro via negative regulation of the leukemia inhibitory factor-STAT3 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:13672-9 pubmed..Our findings collectively suggest that hypoxia-induced in vitro differentiation of mESCs is triggered, at least in part, by the HIF-1alpha-mediated suppression of LIF-STAT3 signaling. ..
- Yang W, Shim K, Choi M, Park S, Choi B, Chang M, et al. Novel effects of Nelumbo nucifera rhizome extract on memory and neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus of the rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2008;443:104-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that N. nucifera rhizome extract may improve learning and memory with enhancing neurogenesis in the DG of the hippocampus...
- Cho H, Choi H, Sun H, Yang J, An J, Cho S, et al. Transgenic mice overexpressing secreted frizzled-related proteins (sFRP)4 under the control of serum amyloid P promoter exhibit low bone mass but did not result in disturbed phosphate homeostasis. Bone. 2010;47:263-71 pubmed publisher..There was no evidence of osteomalacia in histological analysis. Our data do not support the role of sFRP4 per se as a phosphatonin but suggest that sFRP4 negatively regulates bone formation without disrupting phosphorus homeostasis. ..
- Lee J, Sato M, Kim H, Mochida J. Transplantatation of scaffold-free spheroids composed of synovium-derived cells and chondrocytes for the treatment of cartilage defects of the knee. Eur Cell Mater. 2011;22:275-90; discussion 290 pubmed..In summary, SYs can be used as a replacement for ACs in clinical cases of ACI in patients with broad areas of osteoarthritic lesions. ..
- Seul H, Ahn Y, Song H, Ha Y, Lee J. Over-expression of a RhoA-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor, p190RhoGEF, in mouse dendritic cells negatively regulates cellular responses to bacterial lipopolysaccharide. Mol Cells. 2012;34:159-64 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that over-expressing p190RhoGEF negatively regulates conventional DC function in response to bacterial LPS infection. ..
- Lee J, Lee D, Bae S, Jung H. Abnormal liver differentiation and excessive angiogenesis in mice lacking Runx3. Histochem Cell Biol. 2013;139:751-8 pubmed publisher..Clarifying the mechanisms of angiogenesis and liver differentiation might aid in the design of efficient and safe antiangiogenic therapy and gene therapy for liver disorders. ..
- Kim K, Choi B, Kim K, Park K, Lee H, Cho Y, et al. A Simple Mouse Model for the Study of Human Immunodeficiency Virus. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2016;32:194-202 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that hu-PBMC-NSG mice may serve as a relevant HIV-1 infection and pathogenesis model that could facilitate in vivo studies of HIV-1 infection and candidate HIV-1 protective drugs. ..
- Joo J, Huh J, Lee J, Park D, Lee Y, Lee S, et al. A novel pyrazole derivative protects from ovariectomy-induced osteoporosis through the inhibition of NADPH oxidase. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22389 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate Ewha-18278 as a novel therapeutic agent for the treatment of osteoporosis. ..
- Kim J, Lee J, Kim K. Acetyl-CoA carboxylase beta expression mediated by MyoD and muscle regulatory factor 4 is differentially affected by retinoic acid receptor and retinoid X receptor. Exp Mol Med. 2003;35:23-9 pubmed..These results explained that retinoic acids differentially affected the action of MRFs according to their types and RXRalpha specially elevates the expression of muscle specific genes by stimulating the action of MRF4. ..
- Ha Y, Lee J, Kim K, Cho Y, Yoon D. Intermediate filament nestin expressions in human cord blood monocytes (HCMNCs). Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2003;145:483-7 pubmed..In the present study, we found that more than 60% of CD133 expressing HCMNCs also express nestin antigen in their cytoplasm, which supports the idea that cord blood stem cells can adopt a neuronal fate. ..
- Choi E, Lee K, Song K. Function of rax2p in the polarized growth of fission yeast. Mol Cells. 2006;22:146-53 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest that rax2p controls the cell polarity of fission yeast during vegetative growth by regulating for3p localization. ..
- Kang H, Roh S, Lee G, Hong S, Kang H, Min B. Osteogenic potential of embryonic stem cells in tooth sockets. Int J Mol Med. 2008;21:539-44 pubmed..These data suggest that pluripotent ESCs can serve as an alternative source for the reconstruction of craniofacial structures, as well as for further applications. ..
- Park J, Yang H, Woo D, Yang H, Na K, Park K. Chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells embedded in a scaffold by long-term release of TGF-beta 3 complexed with chondroitin sulfate. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;92:806-16 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the elastic block copolymer scaffolds combined with a CS-bound TGF-beta 3 should prove very suitable matrix for cell-based cartilage tissue engineering. ..
- Chang J, Kim Y, Han S, Kang C. IFN-gamma-STAT1 signal regulates the differentiation of inducible Treg: potential role for ROS-mediated apoptosis. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1241-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that autocrine IFN-gamma can negatively regulate the neo-generation of FOXP3(+) iTreg through ROS-mediated apoptosis in the periphery. ..
- Park J, Jung J, Seo M, Kang S, Lee Y, Kang K. DNER modulates adipogenesis of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells via regulation of cell proliferation. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:19-28 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DNER knockdown in hAMSC accelerated onset of adipogenic differentiation by bypassing mitotic clonal expansion during the early stages of adipogenesis. ..
- Kim S, Lee I, Yun K, Kim C, Park J. Adult stem cells derived from human maxillary sinus membrane and their osteogenic differentiation. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2009;24:991-8 pubmed..This indicates that maxillary sinus membrane may be a useful source of MSCs for cell therapy. ..
- Woo Y, Park B, Kim H, Lee M, Kim J, Yang Y, et al. The biological activities of (1,3)-(1,6)-beta-d-glucan and porous electrospun PLGA membranes containing beta-glucan in human dermal fibroblasts and adipose tissue-derived stem cells. Biomed Mater. 2010;5:044109 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study suggests that beta-glucan and porous PLGA membranes containing beta-glucan may be useful as a material for enhancing wound healing. ..
- Park H, Oh K, Garmaa N, Seo M, Byoun O, Lee H, et al. CP-690550, a Janus kinase inhibitor, suppresses CD4+ T-cell-mediated acute graft-versus-host disease by inhibiting the interferon-? pathway. Transplantation. 2010;90:825-35 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated the protective effect of CP-690550, a newly developed Janus kinase inhibitor, in an acute GVHD model...
- Song M, Kim Y, Kim Y, Roh J, Kim S, Yoon B. Effects of duplicate administration of human neural stem cell after focal cerebral ischemia in the rat. Int J Neurosci. 2011;121:457-61 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that duplicate i.v. administration of hNSCs after stroke offers no advantages over single administration, 1 day following an ischemic event. ..