Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
Topic: cell cycle proteins
- Jeong D, Kim S, Kim J, Son J, Park M, Lim S, et al. Trimeric structure of PRL-1 phosphatase reveals an active enzyme conformation and regulation mechanisms. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:401-13 pubmed..The detailed structural information on the active enzyme conformation and regulation of PRL-1 provides the structural basis for the development of potential inhibitors of PRL enzymes. ..
- Song M, Song S, Ayad N, Chang J, Lee J, Hong H, et al. The tumour suppressor RASSF1A regulates mitosis by inhibiting the APC-Cdc20 complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:129-37 pubmed..It also caused a cell division defect characterized by centrosome abnormalities and multipolar spindles. These findings implicate RASSF1A in the regulation of both APC-Cdc20 activity and mitotic progression. ..
- Park E, Na M, Choi J, Kim S, Lee J, Yoon J, et al. The Shank family of postsynaptic density proteins interacts with and promotes synaptic accumulation of the beta PIX guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1 and Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19220-9 pubmed..Considering the involvement of Rac1 and PAK in spine dynamics, these results suggest that Shank recruits beta PIX and PAK to spines for the regulation of postsynaptic structure. ..
- Lee K, Lee J, Kim T, Kim T, Park H, Byun J, et al. The Hippo-Salvador pathway restrains hepatic oval cell proliferation, liver size, and liver tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:8248-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that the mammalian Hippo-Salvador pathway restricts the proliferation of hepatic oval cells and thereby controls liver size and prevents the development of oval cell-derived tumors. ..
- Kim S, Ko J, Shin H, Lee J, Lim C, Han J, et al. The GIT family of proteins forms multimers and associates with the presynaptic cytomatrix protein Piccolo. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6291-300 pubmed..These results suggest that, through their multimerization and interaction with Piccolo, the GIT family proteins are involved in the organization of the CAZ. ..
- Kim S, Lee S, Gye M. The expression of Cdk inhibitors p27kip1 and p57kip2 in mouse placenta and human choriocarcinoma JEG-3 cells. Placenta. 2005;26:73-80 pubmed
- Ko J, Kim S, Valtschanoff J, Shin H, Lee J, Sheng M, et al. Interaction between liprin-alpha and GIT1 is required for AMPA receptor targeting. J Neurosci. 2003;23:1667-77 pubmed..These results suggest that the GIT1-liprin-alpha interaction is required for AMPA receptor targeting and that GIT1 may play an important role in the organization of presynaptic and postsynaptic multiprotein complexes. ..
- Song Y, Cheon S, Lee K, Lee S, Lee B, Oh D, et al. Role of the RAM network in cell polarity and hyphal morphogenesis in Candida albicans. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5456-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate that the RAM network is critically required for hyphal growth as well as normal vegetative growth in C. albicans. ..
- Kim Y, Kim S, Paek K, Choi D, Park J. Suppression of CaCYP1, a novel cytochrome P450 gene, compromises the basal pathogen defense response of pepper plants. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:638-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that CaCYP1, a novel cytochrome P450 in pepper plants, may play a role in plant defense response pathways that involve salicylic acid and abscisic acid signaling pathways...
- Chung K, Won M, Lee J, Ahn J, Hoe K, Kim D, et al. Yeast-based screening to identify modulators of G-protein signaling using uncontrolled cell division cycle by overexpression of Stm1. J Biotechnol. 2007;129:547-54 pubmed..This study provides the yeast-based platform that allows robust cellular assays to identify novel modulators of G-protein signaling and MAP kinase pathway. ..
- Diebold Durand M, Lee H, Ruiz Avila L, Noh H, Shin H, Im H, et al. Structure of Full-Length SMC and Rearrangements Required for Chromosome Organization. Mol Cell. 2017;67:334-347.e5 pubmed publisher..We show that this mechanochemical gating reaction regulates chromosome targeting and propose a mechanism for DNA translocation based on the merging of DNA loops upon closure of Smc arms. ..
- Joo J, Kim J, Lee Y, Yoon S, Kim J, Paik S, et al. Involvement of NF-kappaB in the regulation of S100A6 gene expression in human hepatoblastoma cell line HepG2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:274-80 pubmed..These results suggest that NF-kappaB transcription factor contributes to the activation of S100A6 gene expression in response to TNFalpha in HepG2 cells. ..
- Lee J, Xu B, Lee C, Ahn J, Song M, Lee H, et al. Distinct functions of Nijmegen breakage syndrome in ataxia telangiectasia mutated-dependent responses to DNA damage. Mol Cancer Res. 2003;1:674-81 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that multiple functional domains of NBS1 are required for ATM-dependent activation of CHK2, nuclear focus formation, S phase checkpoint control, and cell survival after exposure to IR. ..
- Park Y, Kim M, Jung H, Kang H, Yoo H, Kang I. Nutriproteomic Analysis of Hwangmaemok-Induced Antiangiogenic Effect Using Antibody-Arrayed Protein Chip Assay. J Med Food. 2017;20:586-591 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results emphasize the potential to use HMM extract as a potent angiogenesis inhibitor to treat cancer...
- Ryu M, Kim S, Kim Y, Choi M, Tadi S, Lee M, et al. Crif1 deficiency reduces adipose OXPHOS capacity and triggers inflammation and insulin resistance in mice. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003356 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the OXPHOS status of adipose tissue determines its metabolic and inflammatory responses, and may cause systemic inflammation and insulin resistance. ..
- Kim S, Kwon M, Ryu M, Chung H, Tadi S, Kim Y, et al. CRIF1 is essential for the synthesis and insertion of oxidative phosphorylation polypeptides in the mammalian mitochondrial membrane. Cell Metab. 2012;16:274-83 pubmed publisher..g., Tid1. Taken together, these results suggest that CRIF1 plays a critical role in the integration of OXPHOS polypeptides into the mitochondrial membrane in mammals. ..
- Hwang S, Lee D, Kim J, Seo T, Choe J. Human papillomavirus type 16 E7 binds to E2F1 and activates E2F1-driven transcription in a retinoblastoma protein-independent manner. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2923-30 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that E7 contributes to the deregulation of pRB-dependent E2F1 repression and to the further activation of E2F1 independently of pRB. ..
- Lee J, Kim T, Yang T, Koo B, Oh S, Lee K, et al. A crucial role of WW45 in developing epithelial tissues in the mouse. EMBO J. 2008;27:1231-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data provide compelling evidence that WW45 is a key mediator of MST1 signalling in the coordinate coupling of proliferation arrest with terminal differentiation for proper epithelial tissue development in mammals. ..
- Jang M, Lee S, Kim C, Lee C, Kim E. Phosphorylation by polo-like kinase 1 induces the tumor-suppressing activity of FADD. Oncogene. 2011;30:471-81 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that in response to taxol, Plk1 endows death-promoting and tumor-suppressor functions to its substrate, FADD. ..
- Jang M, Park B, Kang S, Lee D, Cho S, Lee S, et al. Mining of caspase-7 substrates using a degradomic approach. Mol Cells. 2008;26:152-7 pubmed..Cleavage occurred at both DELD(307) and DELD(580). The degradomic study yielded several candidate caspase-7 substrates and their further analysis should provide valuables clues to the functions of caspase-7 during apoptosis. ..
- Min S, Kim D, Heo Y, Kim Y, Kim H, Kim J, et al. New p53 target, phosphatase of regenerating liver 1 (PRL-1) downregulates p53. Oncogene. 2009;28:545-54 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that the new oncogenic p53 target, PRL-1, may contribute to tumor development by the downregulation of p53 by a negative feedback mechanism. ..
- Won H, Mah W, Kim E, Kim J, Hahm E, Kim M, et al. GIT1 is associated with ADHD in humans and ADHD-like behaviors in mice. Nat Med. 2011;17:566-72 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a previously unknown involvement of GIT1 in human ADHD and shows that GIT1 deficiency in mice causes psychostimulant-responsive ADHD-like phenotypes. ..
- Jang M, Lee S, Kang N, Kim E. Cooperative phosphorylation of FADD by Aur-A and Plk1 in response to taxol triggers both apoptotic and necrotic cell death. Cancer Res. 2011;71:7207-15 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data show the existence of cooperative actions between Aur-A and Plk1 mitotic kinases in response to taxol, providing a molecular explanation for the action mechanism of taxol. ..
- Ryu M, Kim S, Choi M, Kim Y, Lee M, Lee S, et al. Mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation reserve is required for hormone- and PPAR? agonist-induced adipogenesis. Mol Cells. 2013;35:134-41 pubmed publisher..Rosiglitazone treatment did not induce adipogenesis or mitochondria biogenesis in Crif1 knockout ADSCs. These results show that mitochondrial OXPHOS and Crif1 are required for rosiglitazone- and hormone-induced adipogenesis. ..
- He L, Kim S, Kwon O, Jeong S, Kim M, Lee H, et al. ATM blocks tunicamycin-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:903-8 pubmed publisher..Atm knockdown by siRNA, however, noticeably elevated ER-stress and chemosensitivity to tunicamycin. In summary, we present substantial data demonstrating that ATM blocks the ER stress signaling associated with cancer cell proliferation. ..