Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on breast neoplasms in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: breast neoplasms
Publications352 found, 100 shown here
- Jeong H, Ryu Y, An J, Lee Y, Kim A. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer correlates with high histological grade and triple-negative phenotype. Histopathology. 2012;60:E87-95 pubmed publisher..8% for CK19 and in 3.2% for CAM5.2 in HR-type cases. ? EMT features were particularly seen in TN-type breast cancer (P < 0.001). EMT was also significantly associated with high histological grade (P < 0.001). ..
- Koo J, Kim M, Kim E, Park B. Comparison of immunohistochemical staining in breast papillary neoplasms of cytokeratin 5/6 and p63 in core needle biopsies and surgical excisions. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2012;20:108-15 pubmed
- Choi J, Kim M, Youk J, Moon H, Suh H, Kim E. US-guided optical tomography: correlation with clinicopathologic variables in breast cancer. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2013;39:233-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, US-guided diffuse optical tomography (US-DOT) may potentially be used to predict tumor aggressiveness in patients with invasive breast cancers. ..
- Choi J, Baek H, Kim S, Kim M, Youk J, Moon H, et al. HR-MAS MR spectroscopy of breast cancer tissue obtained with core needle biopsy: correlation with prognostic factors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51712 pubmed publisher..In addition, it may be helpful in the detection of reliable markers for breast cancer characterization. ..
- Lee Y, So I, Lee S, Lee J, Lee C, Kim W, et al. Suppression of distant pulmonary metastasis of MDA-MB 435 human breast carcinoma established in mammary fat pads of nude mice by retroviral-mediated TIMP-2 gene transfer. J Gene Med. 2005;7:145-57 pubmed
- Kwon M, Kim S, Lee S, Jeong J, Lee E, Kang H. Epigenetic silencing of the sulfotransferase 1A1 gene by hypermethylation in breast tissue. Oncol Rep. 2006;15:27-32 pubmed..In addition, it can be suggested that progressive SULT1A1 methylation within the promoter area of the gene occurs during breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Ko S, Na Y, Yoon C, Park J, Kim H, Hur M, et al. The significance of c-erbB-2 overexpression and p53 expression in patients with axillary lymph node--negative breast cancer: a tissue microarray study. Int J Surg Pathol. 2007;15:98-109 pubmed..In conclusion, our results indicate that expression of c-erbB-2 and p53 did not have any prognostic value in patients with early-stage breast cancer in which axillary lymph node metastasis is absent. ..
- Byun J, Lee S, Jung B, Choi M, Moon M, Chung B. Analysis of polyamines as carbamoyl derivatives in urine and serum by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Biomed Chromatogr. 2008;22:73-80 pubmed..These four serum polyamines may be a good index to study both production and metabolism of polyamines, and a useful tool in assessment of the polyamine status of breast cancer patients. ..
- Hwang J, Chang H, Shim Y, Park W, Park W, Huh S, et al. Effects of supervised exercise therapy in patients receiving radiotherapy for breast cancer. Yonsei Med J. 2008;49:443-50 pubmed publisher..Patients receiving radiotherapy for breast cancer may benefit in physical and psychological aspects from supervised moderate-intensity exercise therapy. ..
- Hwang K, Han W, Cho J, Lee J, Ko E, Kim E, et al. Genomic copy number alterations as predictive markers of systemic recurrence in breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1807-15 pubmed publisher..The devised prediction models with these clones were effective at differentiating the recurrence and nonrecurrence. ..
- Chae B, Bae J, Lee A, Park W, Seo Y, Song B, et al. p53 as a specific prognostic factor in triple-negative breast cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2009;39:217-24 pubmed publisher..When p53 is positive in triple-negative breast cancer, we could expect poor survival, prompting aggressive or alternative treatment. ..
- Yang J, Ha S, Yang Y, Kim J. p-Glycoprotein ABCB5 and YB-1 expression plays a role in increased heterogeneity of breast cancer cells: correlations with cell fusion and doxorubicin resistance. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:388 pubmed publisher..Especially, the ERK-3 serine/threonine kinase is specifically up-regulated in the resistant cells and known to be susceptible to synthetic antagonists. ..
- Yu J, Kim A. Wogonin induces apoptosis by activation of ERK and p38 MAPKs signaling pathways and generation of reactive oxygen species in human breast cancer cells. Mol Cells. 2011;31:327-35 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that wogonin may be a novel anticancer agent for treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Ryu K, Park C, Lee Y. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha represses the transcription of the estrogen receptor alpha gene in human breast cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;407:831-6 pubmed publisher..Our data show that hypoxia induces repression of the ESR1 gene, which may facilitate hormone insensitivity in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Jung J, Park S, Lee S, Seo M, Trosko J, Kang K. Metformin represses self-renewal of the human breast carcinoma stem cells via inhibition of estrogen receptor-mediated OCT4 expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28068 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results support the use of 3-dimensional human breast cancer stem cells as a means to screen for potential human breast tumor promoters and breast chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Kwon J, Jung W, Koo J. Molecules involved in epithelial-mesenchymal transition and epithelial-stromal interaction in phyllodes tumors: implications for histologic grade and prognosis. Tumour Biol. 2012;33:787-98 pubmed publisher..Further, high expression of Twist in the stromal component was correlated with poorer prognoses. ..
- Lee J, Kim D, Bae T, Rho K, Kim J, Lee J, et al. CDA: combinatorial drug discovery using transcriptional response modules. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42573 pubmed publisher..CDA provides a new way for rational drug combination. Together with phExplorer, CDA also provides functional insights into combinatorial drugs. CDA is freely available at http://cda.i-pharm.org. ..
- Ko J, Ko E, Gu W, Lim I, Bang H, Zhou T. Expression profiling of ion channel genes predicts clinical outcome in breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:106 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that information regarding the expression of ion channels in tumor pathology could provide new targets for therapy in human cancers. ..
- Lee K, Kim J, Lee M, Han H, Lim J, Park K, et al. A randomized, multicenter, phase II/III study to determine the optimal dose and to evaluate the efficacy and safety of pegteograstim (GCPGC) on chemotherapy-induced neutropenia compared to pegfilgrastim in breast cancer patients: KCSG PC10-09. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24:1709-17 pubmed publisher..Pegteograstim was shown to be as effective as pegfilgrastim in the reduction of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia in the breast cancer patients who were undergoing chemotherapy with a high risk of myelosuppression. ..
- Kim M, Su M, Yu H, Chen J, Kim E, Moon H, et al. US-localized diffuse optical tomography in breast cancer: comparison with pharmacokinetic parameters of DCE-MRI and with pathologic biomarkers. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:50 pubmed publisher..Although US-DOT and DCE-MRI both measured the vascular properties of breast cancer, parameters from the two imaging modalities showed a weak association presumably due to their different contrast mechanisms and depth sensitivities. ..
- Shin H, Kim H, Kim S, Kim D, Lee Y, Kim M, et al. Pure and mixed tubular carcinoma of the breast: mammographic and sonographic differential features. Korean J Radiol. 2007;8:103-10 pubmed..An irregularly shaped mass with surrounding tissue change and posterior shadowing on sonography would favor the diagnosis of MT and also a less favorable prognosis. ..
- Cho N, Moon W, Park J. Real-time US elastography in the differentiation of suspicious microcalcifications on mammography. Eur Radiol. 2009;19:1621-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that US elastography has the potential to differentiate benign and malignant lesions associated with microcalcifications detected at screening mammography. ..
- Chae S, Sohn J, Kim D, Choi Y, Park Y, Kim K, et al. Overexpressions of Cyclin B1, cdc2, p16 and p53 in human breast cancer: the clinicopathologic correlations and prognostic implications. Yonsei Med J. 2011;52:445-53 pubmed publisher..The deranged overexpressions of cyclin B1, cdc2, p16 and p53 may play an important role in human breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Jo E, Hong H, Ahn N, Jung J, Yang S, Park J, et al. Modulations of the Bcl-2/Bax family were involved in the chemopreventive effects of licorice root (Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch) in MCF-7 human breast cancer cell. J Agric Food Chem. 2004;52:1715-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that licorice root may have chemopreventive effects against human breast cancer through the modulation of the expression of the Bcl-2/Bax family of apoptotic regulatory factors...
- Chang Y, Kwon K, Goo D, Choi D, Lee H, Yang S. Sonographic differentiation of benign and malignant cystic lesions of the breast. J Ultrasound Med. 2007;26:47-53 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to subdivide the types of sonographic findings of benign versus malignant cystic masses and to determine appropriate patient care according to the sonographic findings with pathologic correlation...
- Yoo N, Soung Y, Lee S, Jeong E, Lee S. Mutational analysis of caspase-14 gene in common carcinomas. Pathology. 2007;39:330-3 pubmed..The data also suggest that the caspase-14 mutation may not be a direct target of inactivation in tumorigenesis of common carcinomas. ..
- Kim M, Chae J, Kim K, Hwang S, Yoon K, Kim E, et al. Negative regulation of SEK1 signaling by serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible protein kinase 1. EMBO J. 2007;26:3075-85 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that SGK1 negatively regulates stress-activated signaling through inhibition of SEK1 function. ..
- Keam B, Im S, Kim H, Oh D, Kim J, Lee S, et al. Prognostic impact of clinicopathologic parameters in stage II/III breast cancer treated with neoadjuvant docetaxel and doxorubicin chemotherapy: paradoxical features of the triple negative breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:203 pubmed..Triple negative phenotype was associated with shorter survival, even though it was associated with a higher response rate to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Kim J, Lee C, Kim H, Jo Y, Lee J, Jung M, et al. The association between genetic polymorphisms in CYP19 and breast cancer risk in Korean women. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:487-92 pubmed
- Ko E, Han H, Lee B, Choe D. Sonographic changes after removing all benign breast masses with sonographically guided vacuum-assisted biopsy. Acta Radiol. 2009;50:968-74 pubmed publisher..Although these changes failed to show statistical significance with procedural factors, a larger dedicated study is needed. ..
- Chung S, Moon W, Choi J, Cho N, Jang M, Kim K. Differentiation of benign from malignant nonpalpable breast masses: a comparison of computer-assisted quantification and visual assessment of lesion stiffness with the use of sonographic elastography. Acta Radiol. 2010;51:9-14 pubmed publisher..198). Computer-assisted quantification and visual assessment of lesion stiffness with the use of sonographic elasticity images had comparable diagnostic performance for the differentiation of nonpalpable breast masses. ..
- Kim T, Kim Y, Lee H, Min S, Kang H, Kim S. Hs.137007 is a novel epigenetic marker hypermethylated and up-regulated in breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1105-11 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the Hs.137007 gene is a novel gene specifically expressed in the breast that can be utilized as an epigenetic marker of breast cancer. ..
- Lee S, Choi Y, Park Y, Kim S, Cho E, Ahn J, et al. Thymidylate synthase and thymidine phosphorylase as predictive markers of capecitabine monotherapy in patients with anthracycline- and taxane-pretreated metastatic breast cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;68:743-51 pubmed publisher..7, P = 0.037 for high TS score; HR, 1.8, P = 0.014 for low TP score). Our data suggest that high TS and low TP scores correlate with a shorter PFS for capecitabine monotherapy in patients with anthracycline- and taxane-pretreated MBC. ..
- Kim K, Chung H, Lee E, Kim S, Namkoong K. Body image, sexual function and depression in Korean patients with breast cancer: modification by 5-HTT polymorphism. Support Care Cancer. 2012;20:2177-82 pubmed publisher..The 5-HTTLPR may be associated with the severity of depressive symptoms rather than susceptibility to the development of depressive symptoms. ..
- Kim G, Choi J, Han B, Ko E, Ko E, Hahn S. Combination of shear-wave elastography and color Doppler: Feasible method to avoid unnecessary breast excision of fibroepithelial lesions diagnosed by core needle biopsy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175380 pubmed publisher..FAs have a tendency to have less stiffness and lower vascularity than PTs. Combined SWE and color Doppler US may help patients with equivocal FELs diagnosed by CNB avoid unnecessary excision. ..
- Choi H, Joo H, Won H, Min K, Kim H, Son T, et al. Role of RBP2-Induced ER and IGF1R-ErbB Signaling in Tamoxifen Resistance in Breast Cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018;110: pubmed publisher..We investigated the potential role of histone demethylase retinoblastoma-binding protein 2 (RBP2) in endocrine therapy resistance of breast cancer...
- Do M, Lee S, Jung P, Lee M. Intake of fruits, vegetables, and soy foods in relation to breast cancer risk in Korean women: a case-control study. Nutr Cancer. 2007;57:20-7 pubmed..67; 95% CI=0.45-0.91; P<0.02). Our data suggest that increased intake of some fruits, vegetables, and soy foods may be associated with breast cancer risk reduction in Korean women. ..
- Shin J, Han B, Choe Y, Ko K, Choi N. Targeted ultrasound for MR-detected lesions in breast cancer patients. Korean J Radiol. 2007;8:475-83 pubmed..Targeted US can play a useful role in the evaluation of additional suspicious lesions detected by MR imaging in breast cancer patients, but is limited in lesions without a US correlate. ..
- Kim J, Ko E, Han W, Lee J, Lee K, Shin I, et al. CD24 cross-linking induces apoptosis in, and inhibits migration of, MCF-7 breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:118 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that CD24 cross-linking induced apoptosis and inhibited migration in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. We conclude that CD24 may be considered as a novel therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Choi J, Lee J, Kim H, Kim E, Seo J, Ko J, et al. Pro-survival of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells is regulated by a BLT2-reactive oxygen species-linked signaling pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:543-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate, for the first time, that the 'BLT2-Nox1-ROS'-linked cascade is involved in the pro-survival signaling, especially in ER-negative breast cancer cells. ..
- Won K, Kim G, Kim Y, Song J, Lim S. Clinicopathologic correlation of beclin-1 and bcl-2 expression in human breast cancer. Hum Pathol. 2010;41:107-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that beclin-1 might play a role in the inhibition of the development of breast cancer and that inhibition might be due to an interaction with bcl-2 protein. ..
- Shin J, Hong S, Lee J, Lee Y, Kim D, Kim J, et al. An ethanol extract of Iris nertschinskia induces p53-dependent apoptosis in the MCF7 human breast cancer cell line. Int J Mol Med. 2011;27:401-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that p53 sensitizes tumor cells to the ethanol extract of Iris nertschinskia by Bax protein induction and caspase-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Seo H, Choi H, Choi H, Choi Y, Um J, Choi I, et al. Phytoestrogens induce apoptosis via extrinsic pathway, inhibiting nuclear factor-kappaB signaling in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:3301-13 pubmed..Genistein and quercetin exert their antiproliferative activity by inhibiting NF?B signaling. Phytoestrogens could be potential useful compounds to prevent or treat HER2-overexpressing breast cancer. ..
- Lee S, Lee K, Kim S, Choi M, Kim J, Lee J, et al. Lymph node metastasis in patients with frozen section analyses that are negative for tumors. Oncology. 2012;83:31-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the lack of detection of metastases on frozen sections may be a predictive factor for nonmetastasis in NSLNs. cALND could therefore be omitted in such cases. ..
- Yoon J, Kim M, Kim E, Moon H, Choi J. Discordant elastography images of breast lesions: how various factors lead to discordant findings. Ultraschall Med. 2013;34:266-71 pubmed publisher..Dense breast parenchyma, lesion size and image adequacy showed significance in discordant images of elastography which need consideration in image acquisition and interpretation. ..
- Koo D, Park C, Lee E, Ro J, Oh S. Progranulin as a prognostic biomarker for breast cancer recurrence in patients who had hormone receptor-positive tumors: a cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39880 pubmed publisher..038). Serum PGRN levels were clinically significant for predicting recurrence in patients with HR-positive breast cancer during adjuvant tamoxifen therapy. ..
- Kim N, Park H, Oh M, Kim I. Antiproliferative effect of gold(I) compound auranofin through inhibition of STAT3 and telomerase activity in MDA-MB 231 human breast cancer cells. BMB Rep. 2013;46:59-64 pubmed..Thus, auranofin shows potential as a novel anticancer drug that targets STAT3 and telomerase. ..
- Kim S, Kim D, Jung W, Koo J. Expression of glutamine metabolism-related proteins according to molecular subtype of breast cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2013;20:339-48 pubmed publisher..001) expression. We identified differential expression of glutamine metabolism-related proteins according to molecular subtype of breast cancer. The highest glutamine metabolic activity was seen in HER2-type breast cancer. ..
- Rebbeck T, Mitra N, Wan F, Healey S, McGuffog L, Chenevix Trench G, et al. Association of type and location of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations with risk of breast and ovarian cancer. JAMA. 2015;313:1347-61 pubmed publisher..With appropriate validation, these data may have implications for risk assessment and cancer prevention decision making for carriers of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. ..
- Shin H, Park J, Shin K, Kim H, Cha J, Chae E, et al. Characterization of tumor and adjacent peritumoral stroma in patients with breast cancer using high-resolution diffusion-weighted imaging: Correlation with pathologic biomarkers. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1004-11 pubmed publisher..030). On HR DWI, ADC ranges of tumor boundary and adjacent proximal PS were significantly lower in low-risk tumor than in non-low-risk tumors. ..
- Lee K, Abel J, Ko Y, Harth V, Park W, Seo J, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 19 and 1B1, alcohol use, and breast cancer risk in Korean women. Br J Cancer. 2003;88:675-8 pubmed..5, 95% CI=1.1-2.2), especially in association with alcohol consumption (P for interaction=0.04), whereas the CYP1B1 Leu(432)Val polymorphism appears to play no role here. ..
- Lee S, Kang D, Nishio H, Lee M, Kim D, Han W, et al. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism, diet, and breast cancer in Korean women. Exp Mol Med. 2004;36:116-21 pubmed..Our findings suggest that MTHFR polymorphism did not influence individual susceptibility to breast cancer. However MTHFR (C667T) genotype and green vegetable intakes appeared to have the interactive effect in breast cancer development. ..
- Kim S, Kim J. Reduction of invasion in human fibrosarcoma cells by ribosomal protein S3 in conjunction with Nm23-H1 and ERK. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:823-32 pubmed..These results suggest that rpS3 inhibits invasion via blocking the ERK pathway and MMP-9 secretion; the results also suggest that the interaction of rpS3 and nm23-H1 appears to be critical in this inhibition. ..
- Kim M, Kim E, Lee J, Youk J, Park B, Kim H, et al. Breast cancer from the excisional scar of a benign mass. Korean J Radiol. 2007;8:254-7 pubmed..A biopsy and subsequent excision of the scar were performed; the diagnosis of infiltrating ductal carcinoma of the scar was confirmed. ..
- Lee H, Seo E, Kang N, Kim W. -Gingerol inhibits metastasis of MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells. J Nutr Biochem. 2008;19:313-9 pubmed..In conclusion, we have shown that -gingerol inhibits cell adhesion, invasion, motility and activities of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cell lines...
- Ko E, Bae Y, Kim M, Lee K, Lee Y, Kim L. Factors affecting the efficacy of ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted percutaneous excision for removal of benign breast lesions. J Ultrasound Med. 2008;27:65-73 pubmed..05). Ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted percutaneous excision showed high effectiveness for the removal of benign breast masses. However, more attention should be given to certain lesions to increase the efficacy. ..
- Hong S, Kim C, Park W, Shin J, Lee S, Ko S, et al. p34SEI-1 inhibits apoptosis through the stabilization of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein: p34SEI-1 as a novel target for anti-breast cancer strategies. Cancer Res. 2009;69:741-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal that p34(SEI-1) uses a novel apoptosis-inhibiting mechanism to stabilize XIAP. ..
- Jeon S, Choi J, Lee K, Park S, Yoo K, Noh D, et al. Combined genetic effect of CDK7 and ESR1 polymorphisms on breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;121:737-42 pubmed publisher..7; 95% CI, 1.1-2.5; P for trend, <0.01). In conclusion, our findings suggest that the combined genotypes of CDK7 and ESR1 are associated with breast cancer risk among Korean women. ..
- Kim S, Lee H, Lee S, Kim S, Hur S, Kim J, et al. 12-O-Tetradecanoyl phorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced growth arrest is increased by silibinin by the down-regulation of cyclin B1 and cdc2 and the up-regulation of p21 expression in MDA-MB231 human breast cancer cells. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:1127-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have demonstrated that silibinin has an additive effect on TPA-induced growth arrest through the PI-3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathway. ..
- Cho J, Hur M, Moon H, Yun Y, Lee C, Lee H. A case of therapy-related ALL with MLL gene rearrangement following treatment of breast cancer. Korean J Lab Med. 2010;30:255-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of t-ALL with MLL gene rearrangement following treatment of breast cancer in Korea. ..
- Moon J, Kim H, Koh E, Park S, Jin W, Park B, et al. Krüppel-like factor 4 (KLF4) activates the transcription of the gene for the platelet isoform of phosphofructokinase (PFKP) in breast cancer. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:23808-16 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it is suggested that KLF4 plays a role in maintenance of high glycolytic metabolism by transcriptional activation of the PFKP gene in breast cancer cells. ..
- Kang J, Park S, Hong H, Jeong J, Kim H, Kim S. CBL enhances breast tumor formation by inhibiting tumor suppressive activity of TGF-? signaling. Oncogene. 2012;31:5123-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for a previously undescribed mechanism by which oncogenic CBL can block TGF-? tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Oh E, Park M, Song M, Lee H, Cho Y, Kim S, et al. Radiation-induced angiogenic signaling pathway in endothelial cells obtained from normal and cancer tissue of human breast. Oncogene. 2014;33:1229-38 pubmed publisher..These observations collectively demonstrate that there are distinct differences in the radiation responses of NECs and CECs, and might provide important clues for improving the efficacy of radiation therapy. ..
- Yi E, Yoo H, Noh K, Han S, Lee H, Lee J, et al. BST-2 is a potential activator of invasion and migration in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;435:685-90 pubmed publisher..Therefore, regulation of BST-2 is a potential therapeutic target for tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer. ..
- Jang J, Lee J, Jeon Y, Kim C. Exosome derived from epigallocatechin gallate treated breast cancer cells suppresses tumor growth by inhibiting tumor-associated macrophage infiltration and M2 polarization. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:421 pubmed publisher..We suggest a novel mechanism by which EGCG exerts anti-tumor activity via regulation of TAM in tumor microenvironment. ..
- Gurunathan S, Raman J, Abd Malek S, John P, Vikineswary S. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Ganoderma neo-japonicum Imazeki: a potential cytotoxic agent against breast cancer cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:4399-413 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to determine the cytotoxic effects of biologically synthesized AgNPs using hot aqueous extracts of the mycelia of Ganoderma neo-japonicum Imazeki on MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells...
- Lee J, Park J, Choi H, Won H, Joo H, Shin D, et al. LSD1 demethylates HIF1Î± to inhibit hydroxylation and ubiquitin-mediated degradation in tumor angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2017;36:5512-5521 pubmed publisher..Thus, LSD1 is a key regulator of HIF1Î±/VEGF-mediated tumor angiogenesis by antagonizing the crosstalk between PTMs involving HIF1Î± protein degradation. ..
- Kim E, Lee M, Oh K. Granular cell tumor of the breast. Yonsei Med J. 2000;41:673-5 pubmed..We report a case of granular cell tumor of the breast presenting as a spiculated lesion mimicking carcinoma on mammography and ultrasonography (US). ..
- Lee K, Suh B, Kim J, Lee W, Kim S, Kim Y, et al. Varying expression levels of colony stimulating factor receptors in disease states and different leukocytes. Exp Mol Med. 2000;32:210-5 pubmed
- Lee K, Choi J, Kang C, Kang C, Park S, Cho H, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of selected DNA repair genes, estrogen and progesterone receptor status, and breast cancer risk. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:4620-6 pubmed..03; 95% CI, 1.24-3.34 and OR, 1.99; 95% CI, 1.35-2.94, respectively). Our findings suggest that genetic polymorphisms of RAD52, ERCC1, and hMLH1 may be associated with breast cancer risk in Korean women. ..
- Cho Y, Kim E, Park U, Sin H, Um S. Additional sex comb-like 1 (ASXL1), in cooperation with SRC-1, acts as a ligand-dependent coactivator for retinoic acid receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17588-98 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest that ASXL1 is a novel coactivator of RAR that cooperates with SRC-1 and implicates it as a potential antitumor target of RA in RA-resistant cancer cells. ..
- Shim H, Jung W, Kim H, Park K, Cho N. Expression of androgen receptors and inhibin/activin alpha and betaA subunits in breast apocrine lesions. APMIS. 2006;114:352-8 pubmed..271, p=0.0048). As the expression of the alpha and betaA subunits reflects inhibin and activin A, respectively, AR and activin A may be implicated in apocrine morphogenesis, but not in tumor progression...
- Youk J, Kim M, Kim E, Lee J, Oh K, Park B. Recurrence of adenoid cystic carcinoma in the breast after lumpectomy and adjuvant therapy. J Ultrasound Med. 2006;25:921-4 pubmed
- Yu E, Ahn Y, Jang S, Kim M, Yoon H, Gong G, et al. Overexpression of the wip1 gene abrogates the p38 MAPK/p53/Wip1 pathway and silences p16 expression in human breast cancers. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;101:269-78 pubmed
- Lee S, Lee K, Park S, Choi J, Kim B, Nam J, et al. Genetic polymorphism of XRCC3 Thr241Met and breast cancer risk: case-control study in Korean women and meta-analysis of 12 studies. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;103:71-6 pubmed
- Han S, Lee K, Lee D, Kim B, Lee K, Chung W. Mutation analysis of BRCA1 and BRCA2 from 793 Korean patients with sporadic breast cancer. Clin Genet. 2006;70:496-501 pubmed..The present study will be helpful in the evaluation of the need for the genetic screening of germline BRCA mutations and reliable genetic counseling for sporadic breast cancer patients. ..
- Hong S, Kim K, Nam S, Kong G, Kim M. A case-control study on the dietary intake of mushrooms and breast cancer risk among Korean women. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:919-23 pubmed..17, 95% CI = 0.05-0.54, p for trend = 0.0037 for average frequency), but not in premenopausal women. In conclusion, the consumption of dietary mushrooms may decrease breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women...
- Park S, Na H, Kim E, Cha Y, Surh Y. 4-hydroxyestradiol induces anchorage-independent growth of human mammary epithelial cells via activation of IkappaB kinase: potential role of reactive oxygen species. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2416-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ROS, concomitantly overproduced during redox cycling of 4-OHE(2), activates IKK signaling, which may contribute to neoplastic transformation of MCF-10A cells. ..
- Koo J, Jung W, Jeong J. The predictive role of E-cadherin and androgen receptor on in vitro chemosensitivity in triple-negative breast Cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2009;39:560-8 pubmed publisher..012 and 0.014, respectively). E-cadherin and AR could be candidate predictive factors for chemotherapy response in TNBC. Further in vivo study is required to clarify their roles. ..
- Lee J, Park S, Park H, Park B. Clinicopathological features of infiltrating lobular carcinomas comparing with infiltrating ductal carcinomas: a case control study. World J Surg Oncol. 2010;8:34 pubmed publisher..Contralateral cancers and bone and ovary evaluation should be considered when monitoring ILC patients. ..
- Noh K, Cho S, Choi E. Knockdown of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 modulates basal glycogen synthase kinase-3? kinase activity and regulates cell migration. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4097-101 pubmed publisher..Together, the blockage of the GSK-3?-?-catenin pathway resulting from the knockdown of ASK1 modulates the migration of breast cancer cells. ..
- Park H, Choi J, Lee M, Park S, Yeo C, Lee S, et al. Association between genetic polymorphisms of CYP2D6 and outcomes in breast cancer patients with tamoxifen treatment. J Korean Med Sci. 2011;26:1007-13 pubmed publisher..These conflicting results suggest that the clinical value of CYP2D6 polymorphisms is still unclear and more large-sized and comprehensively designed trials are necessary. ..
- Cho O, Yoo Y, Hwang K. Comparison of parent-child communication patterns and parental role satisfaction among mothers with and without breast cancer. Appl Nurs Res. 2015;28:163-8 pubmed publisher..Such programs should take a practical approach toward increasing open parent-child communication while considering personal characteristics and cultural backgrounds. ..