Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on blood glucose in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
Topic: blood glucose
- Lim S, Kang S, Kim K, Moon J, Choi S, Hwang H, et al. Multifactorial intervention in diabetes care using real-time monitoring and tailored feedback in type 2 diabetes. Acta Diabetol. 2016;53:189-98 pubmed publisher..Body fat mass decreased and lipid profiles improved in the u-healthcare group but not in the SMBG group. This u-healthcare service provided effective management for older patients with type 2 diabetes (ClinicalTrial.Gov: NCT01137058). ..
- Ahn S, Song R. Effects of Tai Chi Exercise on glucose control, neuropathy scores, balance, and quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes and neuropathy. J Altern Complement Med. 2012;18:1172-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies with larger samples and long-term follow-up are needed to confirm the effects of Tai Chi on the management of diabetic neuropathy, which may have an impact on fall prevention in this population. ..
- Kim J, Park J, Kang H, Kim O, Lee J. Beneficial effects of Korean red ginseng on lymphocyte DNA damage, antioxidant enzyme activity, and LDL oxidation in healthy participants: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Nutr J. 2012;11:47 pubmed publisher..KRG supplementation may attenuate lymphocyte DNA damage and LDL oxidation by upregulating antioxidant enzyme activity. ..
- Ha K, Jo S, Kang B, Apostolidis E, Lee M, Jang H, et al. In vitro and in vivo antihyperglycemic effect of 2 amadori rearrangement compounds, arginyl-fructose and arginyl-fructosyl-glucose. J Food Sci. 2011;76:H188-93 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AF and AFG, Maillard reaction products, may have antidiabetic effect by suppressing carbohydrate absorption in the gastrointestinal level, and thereby reducing the postprandial increase of blood glucose. ..
- Kim K, Lee J, Kim S, Rhee S, Jung W, Yang S, et al. KR-62980: a novel peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist with weak adipogenic effects. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:446-54 pubmed
- Yoon M, Kim M. The anti-angiogenic herbal composition Ob-X from Morus alba, Melissa officinalis, and Artemisia capillaris regulates obesity in genetically obese ob/ob mice. Pharm Biol. 2011;49:614-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ob-X, which has an anti-angiogenic activity, reduces body weight gain and visceral adipose tissue mass in genetically obese mice, providing evidence that obesity can be prevented by angiogenesis inhibitors. ..
- Yang K, Noh J, Kim Y, Gang G, Hwang J, Yang S, et al. Differential modulatory effects of rosiglitazone and pioglitazone on white adipose tissue in db/db mice. Life Sci. 2010;87:405-10 pubmed publisher..these results suggest that pioglitazone activates lipid deposition by increasing lipid synthesis and transport, but rosiglitazone stimulates ?-oxidation and energy expenditure in adipocytes of db/db mice. ..
- Choi J, Seo M, Kyeong H, Kim E, Kim H. Molecular basis for the role of glucokinase regulatory protein as the allosteric switch for glucokinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:10171-6 pubmed publisher..We find that GKRP acts as an allosteric switch for GK in blood glucose control by the liver...
- Yang H, Kang S, Choi C, Kim H, Shin D, Kim Y, et al. An iridium oxide reference electrode for use in microfabricated biosensors and biochips. Lab Chip. 2004;4:42-6 pubmed..These results show that a microfabricated IrO(x) electrode can be used as a quasi-reference electrode in microfabricated biosensors and biochips operating in buffered solutions...
- Lee S, Kang S, Choi M, Jung S, Ryu M, Chung H, et al. Growth Differentiation Factor 15 Mediates Systemic Glucose Regulatory Action of T-Helper Type 2 Cytokines. Diabetes. 2017;66:2774-2788 pubmed publisher..Thus, beneficial effects of Th2 cytokines on systemic glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity are mediated by GDF15. These findings open up a potential pharmacological route for reversing insulin resistance associated with obesity. ..
- Sohn E, Kim C, Kim Y, Jung D, Jang D, Lee Y, et al. Effects of magnolol (5,5'-diallyl-2,2'-dihydroxybiphenyl) on diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats. Life Sci. 2007;80:468-75 pubmed..Thus based on our findings, the use of magnolol could result in good blood glucose control and prevent or retard development of diabetic complications such as diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Kang Y, Kim J, Choung S, Joung K, Lee J, Kim H, et al. Comparison of serum Neuregulin 4 (Nrg4) levels in adults with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus and controls without diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;117:1-3 pubmed publisher..Circulating Nrg4 levels were significantly higher in patients with diabetes mellitus compared with controls without diabetes and were correlated with the serum glucose level and insulin resistance. ..
- Nan M, Park J, Myung C. Construction of adiponectin-encoding plasmid DNA and gene therapy of non-obese type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Drug Target. 2010;18:67-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ADN gene therapy could be a clinically effective tool for the treatment of type 2 DM. ..
- Jeong S, Yoon M. Fenofibrate inhibits adipocyte hypertrophy and insulin resistance by activating adipose PPARalpha in high fat diet-induced obese mice. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:397-405 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that fenofibrate-induced fatty acid beta-oxidation in visceral adipose tissue may be one of the major factors leading to decreased adipocyte size and improved insulin sensitivity...
- Ryuk J, Lixia M, Cao S, Ko B, Park S. Efficacy and safety of Gegen Qinlian decoction for normalizing hyperglycemia in diabetic patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Complement Ther Med. 2017;33:6-13 pubmed publisher..More rigorous and larger studies are needed to confirm the therapeutic efficacy of GQD for hyperglycemia due to the moderate to high risk of bias in the 5 RCTs. ..
- Lee J, Yoon S, Lee S, Lee M, Jung H, Kim T, et al. Ginsenoside Rg3 ameliorated HFD-induced hepatic steatosis through downregulation of STAT5-PPAR?. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:223-235 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of evidence that obesity-induced insulin resistance and lipotoxicity can be treated with ginsenoside Rg3, which acts though the STAT5-PPAR gamma pathway in vivo and in vitro...