Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Busan, South Korea
Locale: Busan, South Korea
Topic: base sequence
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Oh C, Kwon Y, Kim Y, Jang H, Kwon K. Expression of basic fibroblast growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor, and thrombospondin-1 related to microvessel density in nonaggressive and aggressive basal cell carcinomas. J Dermatol. 2003;30:306-13 pubmed..In conclusion, the results of present study suggest that VEGF expression and angiogenesis might play important roles in the progression to aggressive BCC. ..
- Choi T, Park S, Kang H, Cheong J, Kim H, Lee B, et al. Redox regulation of DNA binding activity of DREF (DNA replication-related element binding factor) in Drosophila. Biochem J. 2004;378:833-8 pubmed..These findings give insight into the exact nature of DREF function in the regulation of target genes by the intracellular redox state. ..
- Cho S, Park S, Seon J, Yu J, Lee T. Evaluation of thermal, ultrasonic and alkali pretreatments on mixed-microalgal biomass to enhance anaerobic methane production. Bioresour Technol. 2013;143:330-6 pubmed publisher..8 kJ/g-VS) than that of non-pretreatment condition (11.9 kJ/g-VS). These findings recommend direct supply of microalgae biomass for anaerobic digestion. ..
- Yang T, Jung D, Ahn B, Jeong B, Cho H, Kim Y, et al. Familial Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease with V180I mutation. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:1097-100 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first documented case of a point mutation at codon 180 in South Korea. ..
- Kim Y, Shin M, Yang D, Yamaguchi M, Park S, Yoo M. Transcriptional regulation of the Drosophila ANT gene by the DRE/DREF system. Genes Cells. 2007;12:569-79 pubmed..These results show that DRE/DREF is a crucial regulator of dANT gene expression, and also suggest the possibility that cross-talk may occur between the DRE/DREF system and mitochondrial functioning. ..
- Ahn S, Kim N, Jeon S, Sung J, Je J, Seo J, et al. Molecular cloning, tissue distribution and enzymatic characterization of cathepsin X from olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;151:203-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the P. olivaceus cathepsin X is highly conserved within the cathepsin X subfamily in terms of its amino acid sequence, tissue expression, and biochemical activity. ..
- Kim N, Jang J, Jeon G, Cho E, Sin J. Identification of the KCNJ2 Mutation in a Korean Family with Andersen-Tawil Syndrome and Developmental Delay. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:110-3 pubmed..This report highlights the importance of an exome study for unusual clinical manifestations, such as preand postnatal growth restriction, developmental delay, and the lack of a critical diagnostic clue, such as periodic paralysis. ..
- Zhao M, Söderhäll I, Park J, Ma Y, Osaki T, Ha N, et al. A novel 43-kDa protein as a negative regulatory component of phenoloxidase-induced melanin synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24744-51 pubmed..These results suggest that this 43-kDa MIP inhibits the formation of melanin and thus is a modulator of the melanization reaction to prevent the insect from excessive melanin synthesis in places where it should be inappropriate...
- Lee Y, Park Y, Choi W, Park E, Lee E, Lee J, et al. Sequence and expression analysis of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 from flounder (Paralichthys olivaceous). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:65-71 pubmed publisher..Flounder MAPK was successfully expressed in mammalian COS1 cells and phosphorylated myelin basic protein (MBP) substrate when the cells were stimulated with PMA or EGF, indicating that flounder MAPK is functional in animal cells. ..
- Lee K, Je Y, Woo S, Sohn H, Jin B. Production of a cellulase in silkworm larvae using a recombinant Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus lacking the virus-encoded chitinase and cathepsin genes. Biotechnol Lett. 2006;28:645-50 pubmed..The recombinant BmNPV lacking both chiA and v-cath can therefore be used for a large-scale production of foreign proteins in silkworms. ..
- Seo H, Jung Y, Song S, Kim Y, Kwon T, Kim D, et al. Increased expression of OsPT1, a high-affinity phosphate transporter, enhances phosphate acquisition in rice. Biotechnol Lett. 2008;30:1833-8 pubmed publisher..As a result, transgenic plants had more tillers than did wild-type plants, which is a typical physiological indicator for phosphate status in rice. ..
- Hong S, Jin J, Park J, Kim J, Jeong H. Analysis of proinflammatory gene expression by RBIV infection in rock bream, Oplegnathus faciatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;50:317-26 pubmed publisher..It is supposed that down-regulation of proinflammatory gene expression in the immune organs may result in the failure of antiviral immune responses, causing high mortalities by megalocytivirus infection in rock bream. ..
- Moon I, Kim H, Shin J, Park Y, Park K, Shin Y, et al. Novel CLCN1 mutations and clinical features of Korean patients with myotonia congenita. J Korean Med Sci. 2009;24:1038-44 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first systematic study of MC in Korea, and shows its expanding clinical and genetic spectrums...
- Kim H, Jee H, Yun J. DNA damage induces down-regulation of PEPCK and G6P gene expression through degradation of PGC-1alpha. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:589-94 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel link between glucose metabolism and the DNA damage signaling pathway and suggest a possible role for PEPCK and G6P in the DNA damage response. ..
- Seo J, Go H, Kim C, Nam B, Park N. Antimicrobial peptide, hdMolluscidin, purified from the gill of the abalone, Haliotis discus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;52:289-97 pubmed publisher..cDNA study of hdMolluscidin suggests that it is expressed as a mature peptide. Our results indicate that hdMolluscidin could relate to the innate immune defenses in abalone and it may not act directly on bacterial membrane. ..
- Hong Y, Lee H, You C, Roh M, Kwak J, Lee M, et al. DNMT3b 39179GT polymorphism and the risk of adenocarcinoma of the colon in Koreans. Biochem Genet. 2007;45:155-63 pubmed..255, 95% CI = 0.133-0.489) and in male patients (adjusted OR = 0.383, 95% CI = 0.225-0.652). The DNMT3b 39179GT polymorphism may be a genetic determinant of adenocarcinoma of the colon, especially in younger Korean men. ..
- Lee S, Park E, Kim Y, Nam B, Kim D. Control of total GFP expression by alterations to the 3' region nucleotide sequence. Microb Cell Fact. 2013;12:68 pubmed publisher..These findings may be useful for efficiently producing recombinant proteins as well as for potentially controlling the expression level of specific genes in the body for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Bae J, Jung J, An C, Kim J, Hwang S, Kwon M, et al. Piscidin: Antimicrobial peptide of rock bream, Oplegnathus fasciatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:136-142 pubmed publisher..However, the synthetic peptide exhibited weak haemolytic activity against fish erythrocytes. These results suggest that Rbpisc might play an important role in the innate immune responses of rock bream. ..
- Kim D, Han H, Kim S, Lee D, Park S. Bacterial enteritis and the development of the larval digestive tract in olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus (Temminck & Schlegel). J Fish Dis. 2004;27:497-505 pubmed..This suggests that differentiation of the stomach in olive flounder larvae and juveniles, an essential physiological development, also provides the host with a non-immunological defence mechanism. ..
- Kong H, Hong G, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, Lee S, et al. An immune responsive complement factor D/adipsin and kallikrein-like serine protease (PoDAK) from the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:486-92 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization confirmed that PoDAK mRNA is localized in the kidney and heart of individuals infected with VHSV. Further investigations are needed to clarify the function of PoDAK in vivo and in vitro...
- Nam B, Ahn K, Kim Y, Kong H, Kim W, Kim H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of LPS-binding protein/bactericidal permeability-increasing protein (LBP/BPI) from olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;133:256-63 pubmed publisher..This expression pattern profile corresponded to that of acute inflammatory cytokines, suggesting that it plays a role in the innate immune response, in particular, the acute phase response...
- Lee J, Son M, Yoon M, Choi J, Kim Y. Isolation and characterization of ornithine decarboxylase gene from flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2004;6:453-62 pubmed
- Ahn S, Sung J, Kim N, Lee A, Jeon S, Lee J, et al. Molecular cloning, expression, and characterization of cathepsin L from mud loach (Misgurnus mizolepis). Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2010;162:1858-71 pubmed publisher..The optimum temperature for the proMlCtL enzyme was found to be 40 °C. In addition, proMlCtL activity was dependent upon the presence of several metal ions and detergents...
- Nam Y, Cho Y, Lee S, Kim B, Kim D. Molecular characterization of hepcidin gene from mud loach (Misgurnus mizolepis; Cypriniformes). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:1251-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that mud loach hepcidin has two basic functions, in iron regulation and antimicrobial activity, and that its transcription is also modulated by other environmental perturbations, including heavy metal exposure...
- Moon J, Nam B, Kong H, Kim Y, Kim W, Kim B, et al. Maximal transcriptional activation of piscine soluble Toll-like receptor 5 by the NF-?B subunit p65 and flagellin. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:881-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NF-?B and flagellin are essential components that act as a transcription factor and ligand, respectively, for maximal induction of the TLR5S promoter. ..
- Qiu Y, Lee K, Choo Y, Kong D, Yoon H, Jin B. Molecular cloning and antifibrinolytic activity of a serine protease inhibitor from bumblebee (Bombus terrestris) venom. Toxicon. 2013;63:1-6 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the antifibrinolytic role of Bt-KTI as a plasmin inhibitor...
- Jang M, Lee Y, Kim C, Lee J, Kang D, Kim S, et al. Triphenylmethane reductase from Citrobacter sp. strain KCTC 18061P: purification, characterization, gene cloning, and overexpression of a functional protein in Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:7955-60 pubmed..This is the first report of a triphenylmethane reductase characterized from any organism...
- Kim S, Kang N, Lee S, Kim K, Kim K, Lee J, et al. Genomic structure and promoter analysis of human NeuAc alpha2,3Gal beta1,3GalNAc alpha2,6-sialyltransferase (hST6GalNAc IV) gene. Gene. 2003;305:113-20 pubmed..These results suggest cell type-specific regulation of the basal hST6GalNAc IV promoter activity. ..
- Jeong S, Lee K, Chong Y, Yum J, Lee S, Choi H, et al. Characterization of a new integron containing VIM-2, a metallo- beta-lactamase gene cassette, in a clinical isolate of Enterobacter cloacae. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003;51:397-400 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that this metallo-beta-lactamase gene has been detected in E. cloacae. ..
- Kim J, Park D, Kim G, Choi K, Lee C, Huh G, et al. Smad4 expression in gastric adenoma and adenocarcinoma: frequent loss of expression in diffuse type of gastric adenocarcinoma. Histol Histopathol. 2005;20:543-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Smad4 might play different roles in human gastric carcinogenesis, especially between intestinal type and diffuse type of gastric adenocarcinoma. ..
- Lee K, Kim S, Park N, Kim I, Kang P, Sohn B, et al. Characterization of a silkworm thioredoxin peroxidase that is induced by external temperature stimulus and viral infection. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;35:73-84 pubmed
- Jeong S, Bae I, Kwon S, Lee J, Song J, Jung H, et al. Dissemination of transferable CTX-M-type extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in Korea. J Appl Microbiol. 2005;98:921-7 pubmed..The emergence of these CTX-M-type ESBLs suggests that diagnostic laboratories should screen for ESBLs with ceftazidime as well as cefotaxime; they should still perform clavulanate synergy tests on resistant isolates. ..
- Dae H, Kwon H, Kang N, Song N, Kim K, Kim C, et al. Isolation and functional analysis of the human glioblastoma-specific promoter region of the human GD3 synthase (hST8Sia I) gene. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:237-45 pubmed..These results indicated that both AREB6 and Elk-1 might play an essential role in the transcriptional activity of hST8Sia I gene essential for GD3 synthesis in human glioblastoma cells. ..
- Kim S, Lee S, Kim K, Kim C, Choo Y, Lee Y. Isolation and characterization of the promoter region of the human GM3 synthase gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1578:84-9 pubmed..The present results also suggested that both positive and negative regulatory elements are present in this TATA-less promoter of the hST3Gal V gene. ..
- Chung S, Kim J, Kim D, Kim J, Lee E, Anton S, et al. Molecular delineation of gamma-ray-induced NF-kappaB activation and pro-inflammatory genes in SMP30 knockout mice. Radiat Res. 2010;173:629-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data revealed vitamin C may play an important protective role in attenuating the adverse gamma-radiation-induced adverse effects by suppressing adverse oxidative effects and pro-inflammatory mediators. ..
- Bae J, Kim I, Sohn H, Jin B. The mitochondrial genome of the firefly, Pyrocoelia rufa: complete DNA sequence, genome organization, and phylogenetic analysis with other insects. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2004;32:978-85 pubmed publisher..However, internal relationships among three coleopteran species are not clear, and the inclusion of some insect orders (i.e., apterygotan T. gertschi) in the analysis provided inconsistent results compared to other molecular studies...
- Kim S, Chung T, Jin U, Suh S, Lee Y, Kim C. Molecular mechanisms involved in transcriptional activation of the human Sia-alpha2,3-Gal-beta1,4-GlcNAc-R:alpha2,8-sialyltransferase (hST8Sia III) gene induced by KCl in human glioblastoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:1057-64 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of hST8Sia III gene via the PI-3K signaling pathway is enhanced during KCl-induced differentiation of U-87 cells by increasing expression of beta-tubulin III. ..
- Kang N, Kim C, Kim K, Ko J, Lee J, Jeong Y, et al. Expression of the human CMP-NeuAc:GM3 alpha2,8-sialyltransferase (GD3 synthase) gene through the NF-kappaB activation in human melanoma SK-MEL-2 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1769:622-30 pubmed..These results indicate that NF-kappaB plays an essential role in the transcriptional activity of human GD3 synthase gene essential for GD3 synthesis in SK-MEL-2 cells. ..
- Zenke K, Kim K. Novel fugu U6 promoter driven shRNA expression vector for efficient vector based RNAi in fish cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:480-3 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that fugu U6 promoter driven shRNA expression vector can be novel tool for RNAi induction in fish cell lines. ..
- Cho H, Lee S, Seo S, Choi I, Choi I, Lee S. Interferon-sensitive response element (ISRE) is mainly responsible for IFN-alpha-induced upregulation of programmed death-1 (PD-1) in macrophages. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1779:811-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the essential roles of ISRE, STAT1, and STAT2 in the regulation of constitutive and IFN-alpha-mediated PD-1 expression in macrophages. ..
- Joo M, Kwon M, Cho Y, Hu N, Pedchenko T, Sadikot R, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-dependent interaction between PU.1 and c-Jun determines production of lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase and prostaglandin D2 in macrophages. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;296:L771-9 pubmed publisher..1 participates in innate immunity through the production of L-PGDS and PGD(2). ..
- Xin Y, Choo Y, Hu Z, Lee K, Yoon H, Cui Z, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a venom phospholipase A2 from the bumblebee Bombus ignitus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;154:195-202 pubmed publisher..ignitus worker bees hydrolyzed DBPC, a known substrate of PLA(2). Immunofluorescence staining of Bi-PLA(2)-treated insect Sf9 cells revealed that Bi-PLA(2) binds at the cell membrane and induces apoptotic cell death. ..
- Kim S, Sim H, Jeon Y, Lee J, Roh H, Choi S, et al. Clinicopathological features and T-cell receptor gene rearrangement findings of mycosis fungoides in patients younger than age 20 years. J Dermatol. 2009;36:392-402 pubmed publisher..It is considered to have a good prognosis. Moreover, histopathological study and TCR gene rearrangement study can help in the diagnosis of MF in children. ..
- Shin H, Lee C, Lee S, Song I, Shin J. Identification of genetic polymorphisms of human OAT1 and OAT2 genes and their relationship to hOAT2 expression in human liver. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:99-105 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that genetic polymorphisms may not be a significant contributing factor to variations in the hOAT2 expression or hOAT2 transport activity. ..
- Yoon S, Kim D, Cho S, Lee S, Chu I, Heo J, et al. Susceptibility for breast cancer in young patients with short rare minisatellite alleles of BORIS. BMB Rep. 2010;43:698-703 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the short rare alleles of BORIS-MS2 could be used to identify the risk for breast cancer in young patients. ..
- Cho E, Choi I, Choi Y. Overexpression and characterization of thermostable chitinase from Bacillus atrophaeus SC081 in Escherichia coli. BMB Rep. 2011;44:193-8 pubmed publisher..1% glycol chitin and showed the highest lytic activity on colloidal chitin and acidic chitosan. The optimal temperature and pH for chitinolytic activity were 50°C and pH 8.0, respectively...
- Bae J, Ahn K, Nam G, Lee C, Park K, Lee H, et al. Molecular characterization of alternative transcripts of the horse BMAL1 gene. Zoolog Sci. 2011;28:671-5 pubmed publisher..The results of these experiments showed splice variants that were widely expressed in most tissues. Furthermore, they were highly expressed in cerebellum, heart, and kidney. ..
- Kim N, Lee J, Habibi H, Choi C. Molecular cloning and expression of caspase-3 in the protandrous cinnamon clownfish, Amphiprion melanopus, during sex change. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:417-29 pubmed publisher..Also, we demonstrate that GnRH agonists stimulate caspase-3 production which can in turn stimulate apoptosis. The present study provides a framework for better understanding of the role of caspase-3 during sex change processes in fish. ..
- Sin H, Huh J, Kim D, Kang D, Min D, Kim T, et al. Transcriptional control of the HERV-H LTR element of the GSDML gene in human tissues and cancer cells. Arch Virol. 2006;151:1985-94 pubmed..These findings suggest that the LTR element on the GSDML gene was integrated into the hominoid lineage and acquired the role of transcriptional regulation of human tissues and cancer cells. ..
- Kang H, Song I, Shin H, Kim W, Lee C, Shim J, et al. Identification and functional characterization of genetic variants of human organic cation transporters in a Korean population. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:667-75 pubmed
- Kim K, Cho Y, Bang I, Nam Y. Isolation and characterization of the apolipoprotein multigene family in Hemibarbus mylodon (Teleostei: Cypriniformes). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;152:38-46 pubmed publisher..mylodon than in other teleosts and mammals. In addition, our findings showed the multiple isoforms of apoA-I and apoE were differentially modulated across tissues possibly with an isoform-specific role in a given tissue...
- Kim B, Kim M, Kim A, Yi M, Choi J, Park H, et al. Differences in gene organization between type I and type II crustins in the morotoge shrimp, Pandalopsis japonica. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:1176-84 pubmed publisher..This will help to extend our knowledge of the crustacean innate immune response, which will provide important basic information of shrimp immunity against various pathogens. ..
- Lee H, Bae H, Park H, Seo I, Lee E, Suh D, et al. Cloning, characterization and neuronal expression profiles of tumor endothelial marker 7 in the rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;136:189-98 pubmed..Our results indicate that TEM7 plays a role as a transmembrane receptor in some neuronal populations of the vertebrate brains. ..
- Kim K, Kim B, Kim H, Yoo M, Mykles D, Kim H. Pancreatic lipase-related protein (PY-PLRP) highly expressed in the vitellogenic ovary of the scallop, Patinopecten yessoensis. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;151:52-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that PY-PLRP plays a role in lipid metabolism associated with oocyte maturation and vitellogenesis that occurs during ovarian growth...
- Je J, Ahn S, Kim N, Seo J, Kim M, Park N, et al. Molecular cloning, expression analysis and enzymatic characterization of cathepsin K from olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:474-85 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data indicate that cathepsin K may play a role in the immune system of fish skin and muscle, in addition to its principal bone-specific function as a collagenolytic enzyme. ..
- Kim K, Oh S, Lee J, Lee Y. Mutational analysis for enzyme activity of mouse Galbeta1,3GalNAc alpha2,3-sialyltransferase (mST3Gal I). Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2010;47:135-40 pubmed..In the case of cysteine mutants, no enzyme activity was observed like tryptophan mutants, except for C139S. These results suggest that tryptophan and cysteine residues conserved in ST3Gal I are critical for its activity. ..
- Kong H, Moon J, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, Lee J, et al. Molecular characterization of the autophagy-related gene Beclin-1 from the olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:189-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PoBeclin-1 may play a role in the innate immune response to viral infection in the flounder. ..
- Kim M, Jeon J, Oh C, Kim Y, Lee D, Kang C, et al. Molecular characterization of three crustin genes in the morotoge shrimp, Pandalopsis japonica. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;163:161-71 pubmed publisher..This comparative study of various crustin family members will help extend the knowledge on the crustacean innate immune response, which will provide important basic information for controlling shrimp immunity against various pathogens...
- Park C, Bang B, Kwon H, Moon K, Kim T, Lee K, et al. Metformin reduces airway inflammation and remodeling via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:1660-70 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into the beneficial role of metformin as a novel therapeutic drug for chronic asthma. ..
- Kim S, Yoon H, Park N, Lee S, Moon J, Seo S, et al. Molecular cloning, expression, and characterization of a cDNA encoding the arylphorin-like hexameric storage protein from the mulberry longicorn beetle, Apriona germari. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2003;53:49-65 pubmed..Western blot analysis using the polyclonal antiserum against recombinant AgeHex indicated that the AgeHex corresponds to storage protein 2 (SP2) present in the A. germari larval hemolymph. ..
- Jeong H, Jeong H, Kim C. p22phox-derived superoxide mediates enhanced proliferative capacity of diabetic vascular smooth muscle cells. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2004;64:1-10 pubmed..Based on these results, it is suggested that diabetes-associated increase in NAD(P)H oxidase activity via enhanced expression of p22phox contributes to augmented VSMC proliferation in diabetic rats. ..
- Han H, Park S, Kim S, Hwang S, Han J, Traicoff J, et al. Epidermal growth factor-like motifs 1 and 2 of Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein 1 are critical domains in erythrocyte invasion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:563-70 pubmed..These results suggest that the EGF-like motifs 1 and 2 of PvMSP119 function as a core-binding portion in the attachment of PvMSP1 to erythrocytes. ..
- Lee E, Ahn S, Park J, Lee J, Ahn S, Kong I. Identification of oligopeptide permease (opp) gene cluster in Vibrio fluvialis and characterization of biofilm production by oppA knockout mutation. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;240:21-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the OppA protein is involved in uptake of peptides and affects biofilm productivity...
- Hong Y, Roh M, Kim N, Lee H, Kim H, Lee K, et al. Hypermethylation of p16INK4a in Korean non-small cell lung cancer patients. J Korean Med Sci. 2007;22 Suppl:S32-7 pubmed..Other clinicopathological characteristics, including age, sex, tumor stage, and histologic type were not found to be correlated with p16(INK4a) methylation. ..
- Huh J, Kim D, Ha H, Lee J, Kim Y, Ahn K, et al. Cooperative exonization of MaLR and AluJo elements contributed an alternative promoter and novel splice variants of RNF19. Gene. 2008;424:63-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RNF19 has acquired a new promoter and alternative exons via continuous retrotransposition events of MaLR and AluJo elements during mammalian and primate evolution, respectively. ..
- Lee S, Jung H, Park J, Cha I, Cho D, Shin J. Identification of a null allele of cytochrome P450 3A7: CYP3A7 polymorphism in a Korean population. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:213-7 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a null-type allele of the CYP3A7 gene. It also provides population-level genetic data on CYP3A7 in Koreans to reveal the wide ethnic variation in CYP3A7 polymorphism. ..
- Choo Y, Lee K, Yoon H, Je Y, Lee S, Sohn H, et al. Molecular cloning and antimicrobial activity of bombolitin, a component of bumblebee Bombus ignitus venom. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;156:168-73 pubmed publisher..In addition, the B. ignitus bombolitin displayed antifungal activity against the plant pathogenic fungi Fulvia fulva and Alternaria radicina. ..
- Lee S, Jeon J, Oh C, Kim Y, Kang C, Lee D, et al. Two juvenile hormone esterase-like carboxylesterase cDNAs from a Pandalus shrimp (Pandalopsis japonica): cloning, tissue expression, and effects of eyestalk ablation. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;159:148-56 pubmed publisher..Further study is needed to understand the function of CXEs in MF metabolism and its regulation by eyestalk neuropeptides...
- Qiu Y, Choo Y, Yoon H, Jia J, Cui Z, Wang D, et al. Fibrin(ogen)olytic activity of bumblebee venom serine protease. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;255:207-13 pubmed publisher..These findings offer significant insight into the allergic reaction sequence that is initiated by bee venom serine protease and its potential usefulness as a clinical agent in the field of hemostasis and thrombosis. ..
- Seo J, Lee M, Nam B, Park N. cgMolluscidin, a novel dibasic residue repeat rich antimicrobial peptide, purified from the gill of the Pacific oyster, Crassostrea gigas. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:480-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cgMolluscidin might be an oyster-specific novel antimicrobial peptide. ..
- Kang Y, Kim Y, Kang J, Yun W, Kim A. Erythroid specific activator GATA-1-dependent interactions between CTCF sites around the ?-globin locus. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:416-426 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that erythroid specific activator GATA-1 acts at CTCF sites around the ?-globin locus to establish tissue-specific chromatin organization. ..
- Choi Y, Choi T, Yamaguchi M, Matsukage A, Kim Y, Yoo M. Transcriptional regulation of the Drosophila caudal homeobox gene by DRE/DREF. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3734-42 pubmed..These findings indicate that DRE/DREF is a key regulator of Drosophila caudal homeobox gene expression and suggest that DREs and DREF contribute to intestinal development by regulating caudal gene expression. ..
- Park S, Jeong S, Yee S, Kim T, Soung Y, Ha N, et al. Interactions of acetylcholinesterase with caveolin-1 and subsequently with cytochrome c are required for apoptosome formation. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:729-37 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the interactions of AChE with caveolin-1 and subsequently with cytochrome c appear to be indispensable for apoptosome formation. ..
- Kong H, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, Cho H, Lee C, et al. Characterization of the flounder IL-6 promoter and its regulation by the p65 NF-kappaB subunit. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:961-4 pubmed publisher..These results give us new insight into the regulation of flounder IL-6 transcription by the p65 NF-kappaB subunit...
- Jeon J, Lee S, Kim K, Baek H, Kim S, Kim I, et al. Characterization of two vitellogenin cDNAs from a Pandalus shrimp (Pandalopsis japonica): expression in hepatopancreas is down-regulated by endosulfan exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:102-12 pubmed publisher..Expression of both transcripts was significantly inhibited at 25 microg/L suggesting that Pj-Vgs can be used as indicator for endosulfan exposure...
- Kim N, Ahn S, Lee A, Seo J, Kim M, Kim J, et al. Cloning, expression analysis and enzymatic characterization of cathepsin S from olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:238-47 pubmed publisher..The optimum pH for the protease activity was determined to be 8. This is the first report that characterized the enzymatic properties and analyzed the expression of piscine cathepsin S. ..
- Kong H, Moon J, Han Y, Nam B, Kim Y, Kim W, et al. PoCRIP1, Paralichthys olivaceus cysteine-rich intestinal protein 1: molecular characterization, expression analysis upon Edwardsiella tarda challenge and a possible role in the immune regulation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:917-22 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of PoCRIP1 augmented p65-driven flounder IL-6 promoter activity in HINAE cells. These results suggest that PoCRIP1 may function in the immune response of the flounder through the regulation of cytokine expression. ..
- Hwang S, Kim K, Kim J, Kim H, Lee M, Lee C, et al. Detection of HOXA9 gene methylation in tumor tissues and induced sputum samples from primary lung cancer patients. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011;49:699-704 pubmed publisher..7% ± 5.0%, respectively; p<0.001). The HOXA9 gene was hypermethylated in 32 of 40 tumors (80%), especially in early stages of lung cancer. HOXA9 methylation could be a potential biomarker to aid early detection and prognosis. ..
- Cho H, Kong H, Kim H, Cheong J. Characterization of Paralichthys olivaceus peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? gene as a master regulator of flounder lipid metabolism. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;175:39-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PoPPAR? plays an important role in lipid metabolism of olive flounder and that it is functionally and evolutionarily conserved in olive flounder and mammals...
- Seo J, Lee M, Go H, Kim G, Jeong H, Nam B, et al. Purification and antimicrobial function of ubiquitin isolated from the gill of Pacific oyster, Crassostrea gigas. Mol Immunol. 2013;53:88-98 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that cgUbiquitin might be related to the innate immune defenses in the Pacific oyster and this is the first report for antimicrobial function of ubiquitin isolated from any oyster species. ..
- Shin S, Lee M, Kwon G, Park J, Yoo M, Kim S, et al. Cloning and characterization of rat neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein cDNA. Neurochem Int. 2003;42:481-91 pubmed
- Lee J, Kwun H, Jung J, Choi K, Min D, Jang K. Hepatitis B virus X protein represses E-cadherin expression via activation of DNA methyltransferase 1. Oncogene. 2005;24:6617-25 pubmed..Therefore, the present study suggests that HBx plays a role during hepatocellular carcinogenesis by favoring cell detachment from the surrounding cells and migration outside of the primary tumor site. ..
- Bae I, Lee B, Hwang H, Jeong S, Hong S, Chang C, et al. A novel ceftazidime-hydrolysing extended-spectrum beta-lactamase, CTX-M-54, with a single amino acid substitution at position 167 in the omega loop. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:315-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, detection of CTX-M enzymes can no longer be based solely on the resistance phenotypes of clinical isolates towards ceftazidime and cefotaxime...
- Cha S, Yoon H, Lee E, Yoon M, Hwang J, Jin B, et al. The complete nucleotide sequence and gene organization of the mitochondrial genome of the bumblebee, Bombus ignitus (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Gene. 2007;392:206-20 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis among three corbiculate tribes, represented by Melipona bicolor (Meliponini), A. mellifera (Apini), and B. ignitus (Bombini), showed the closest relationship between M. bicolor and B. ignitus...