Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- Yun J, Kim Y, Jung J, Seo P, Park C. The AT-hook motif-containing protein AHL22 regulates flowering initiation by modifying FLOWERING LOCUS T chromatin in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15307-16 pubmed publisher..We propose that AHL22 acts as a chromatin remodeling factor that modifies the architecture of FT chromatin by modulating both H3 acetylation and methylation. ..
- Park B, Kim S, Song J, Seo H. Arabidopsis SIZ1 positively regulates alternative respiratory bypass pathways. BMB Rep. 2012;45:342-7 pubmed
- Kim B, Fujioka S, Kwon M, Jeon J, Choe S. Arabidopsis brassinosteroid-overproducing gulliver3-D/dwarf4-D mutants exhibit altered responses to jasmonic acid and pathogen. Plant Cell Rep. 2013;32:1139-49 pubmed publisher..In ambient conditions, BRs promote plant growth; however, when stresses trigger JA signaling, JA compromises BR signaling by downregulating DWF4 expression. ..
- Cui M, Yoo K, Hyoung S, Nguyen H, Kim Y, Kim H, et al. An Arabidopsis R2R3-MYB transcription factor, AtMYB20, negatively regulates type 2C serine/threonine protein phosphatases to enhance salt tolerance. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1773-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that AtMYB20 down-regulates the expression of PP2Cs, the negative regulator of ABA signaling, and enhances salt tolerance. ..
- Kim Y, Kim S, Um J, Kim K, Choi S, Um B, et al. Functional implication of ?-carotene hydroxylases in soybean nodulation. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1420-33 pubmed publisher..In view of these findings, we propose that carotenoids such as zeaxanthin synthesized in root nodules are cleaved by GmCCDs, and we discuss the possible roles of the carotenoid cleavage products in nodulation. ..
- Pyo Y, Kwon K, Kim A, Cho M. Seedling Lethal1, a pentatricopeptide repeat protein lacking an E/E+ or DYW domain in Arabidopsis, is involved in plastid gene expression and early chloroplast development. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1844-58 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that SEL1 is involved in the regulation of plastid gene expression required for normal chloroplast development. ..
- Choi K, Kim S, Kim S, Kim M, Hyun Y, Lee H, et al. SUPPRESSOR OF FRIGIDA3 encodes a nuclear ACTIN-RELATED PROTEIN6 required for floral repression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2647-60 pubmed..Subcellular localization using a green fluorescent protein fusion showed that Arabidopsis ARP6 is located at distinct regions of the nuclear periphery. ..
- Choi A, Lee S, Cho S, Hwang I, Hur C, Suh M. Isolation and characterization of multiple abundant lipid transfer protein isoforms in developing sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) seeds. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2008;46:127-39 pubmed..Taken together, the abundant LTPs in developing sesame seeds are involved in lipid transfer into the extracellular matrix. Possible biological roles of SiLTPs related to organ-specific expression and abiotic stresses are discussed...
- Lee D, Kim B, Kwon S, Jin H, Park O. Arabidopsis GDSL lipase 2 plays a role in pathogen defense via negative regulation of auxin signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:1038-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GLIP2 plays a role in resistance to Erwinia carotovora via negative regulation of auxin signaling. ..
- Seo P, Kim M, Park J, Kim S, Jeon J, Lee Y, et al. Cold activation of a plasma membrane-tethered NAC transcription factor induces a pathogen resistance response in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;61:661-71 pubmed publisher..Cold regulation of the PR genes through the membrane-mediated transcriptional control is thought to be an adaptive process that ensures quick plant responses to incoming pathogens that frequently occur during cold seasons. ..
- Lee O, Kim S, Kim H, Hong J, Ryu S, Lee S, et al. Phospholipase A(2) is required for PIN-FORMED protein trafficking to the plasma membrane in the Arabidopsis root. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1812-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PLA(2), likely acting in Golgi-related compartments, modulates the trafficking of PIN proteins. ..
- Son O, Hur Y, Kim Y, Lee H, Kim S, Kim M, et al. ATHB12, an ABA-inducible homeodomain-leucine zipper (HD-Zip) protein of Arabidopsis, negatively regulates the growth of the inflorescence stem by decreasing the expression of a gibberellin 20-oxidase gene. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1537-47 pubmed publisher..ABA-treated protoplasts also showed increased ATHB12 expression and reduced GA20ox1 expression. These findings all suggest that ATHB12 negatively regulates the expression of a GA 20-oxidase gene in inflorescence stems. ..
- Seo J, Koo Y, Jung C, Yeu S, Song J, Kim J, et al. Identification of a novel jasmonate-responsive element in the AtJMT promoter and its binding protein for AtJMT repression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55482 pubmed publisher..These results show that AtBBD1 interacts with JAZ proteins, binds to the JARE and represses AtJMT expression. ..
- Choi K, Park C, Lee J, Oh M, Noh B, Lee I. Arabidopsis homologs of components of the SWR1 complex regulate flowering and plant development. Development. 2007;134:1931-41 pubmed..Our results strongly support the presence of an SWR1C-like complex in Arabidopsis that ensures proper development, including floral repression through full activation of FLC...
- Kim K, Park J, Rhee S. Structural and functional basis for (S)-allantoin formation in the ureide pathway. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23457-64 pubmed..These results provide molecular details that address a longstanding question of how living organisms selectively produce (S)-allantoin. ..
- Seo D, Ryu M, Jammes F, Hwang J, Turek M, Kang B, et al. Roles of four Arabidopsis U-box E3 ubiquitin ligases in negative regulation of abscisic acid-mediated drought stress responses. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:556-68 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that AtPUB18 has a linked function with AtPUB19, but is independent from AtPUB22 and AtPUB23, in negative regulation of ABA-mediated drought stress responses. ..
- Kim S, Hong J, Lee S, Sohn K, Jung H, Hwang B. CAZFP1, Cys2/His2-type zinc-finger transcription factor gene functions as a pathogen-induced early-defense gene in Capsicum annuum. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;55:883-904 pubmed publisher..tomato, but also the drought tolerance. These results suggest that the CAZFP1 gene functions as an early-defense gene to enhance disease resistance and drought tolerance...
- Kim W, Park T, Yoo S, Jun A, Ahn J. Generation and analysis of a complete mutant set for the Arabidopsis FT/TFL1 family shows specific effects on thermo-sensitive flowering regulation. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:1715-29 pubmed publisher..This study proposes that this mutant population will be useful in further investigation of the functions of the FT/TFL1 family genes in plant development. ..
- Kim S, Kuzuyama T, Chang Y, Kwon H, Kim S. Cloning and functional characterization of 2-C-methyl-D-erythritol 4-phosphate cytidyltransferase (GbMECT) gene from Ginkgo biloba. Phytochemistry. 2006;67:1435-41 pubmed..Full 88 N-terminal residues were necessary to deliver the protein into the chloroplast as shown by protein-targeting analysis with GFP as a reporter protein in Arabidopsis thaliana protoplasts. ..
- Cho M, Lee Z, Cho H. ATP-binding cassette B4, an auxin-efflux transporter, stably associates with the plasma membrane and shows distinctive intracellular trafficking from that of PIN-FORMED proteins. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:642-54 pubmed publisher..These characteristics of intracellular trafficking of ABCB4 are well contrasted with those of PIN-FORMED proteins, suggesting that ABCB4 may be a basic and constitutive auxin efflux transporter for cellular auxin homeostasis. ..
- Park B, Eo H, Jang I, Kang H, Song J, Seo H. Ubiquitination of LHY by SINAT5 regulates flowering time and is inhibited by DET1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:242-6 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, LHY ubiquitination by SINAT5 was inhibited by DET1. Late flowering of sinat5 mutants indicates that flowering time can be controlled by DET1 through regulation of LHY stability by SINAT5. ..
- Jung J, Seo Y, Seo P, Reyes J, Yun J, Chua N, et al. The GIGANTEA-regulated microRNA172 mediates photoperiodic flowering independent of CONSTANS in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2736-48 pubmed..Therefore, it appears that GI-mediated photoperiodic flowering is governed by the coordinated interaction of two distinct genetic pathways: one mediated via CO and the other mediated via miR172 and its targets. ..
- Lee S, Kim S, Park C. Salicylic acid promotes seed germination under high salinity by modulating antioxidant activity in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2010;188:626-37 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that, although SA is not essential for germination under normal growth conditions, it plays a promotive role in seed germination under high salinity by reducing oxidative damage. ..
- Park B, Song J, Seo H. Arabidopsis nitrate reductase activity is stimulated by the E3 SUMO ligase AtSIZ1. Nat Commun. 2011;2:400 pubmed publisher..Both sumoylated and non-sumoylated NIA1 and NIA2 can form dimers. Our results indicate that AtSIZ1 positively controls nitrogen assimilation by promoting sumoylation of NRs in Arabidopsis. ..
- Sakuraba Y, Park S, Kim Y, Wang S, Yoo S, H rtensteiner S, et al. Arabidopsis STAY-GREEN2 is a negative regulator of chlorophyll degradation during leaf senescence. Mol Plant. 2014;7:1288-1302 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate an antagonistic evolution of the functions of SGR1 and SGR2 in Arabidopsis to balance Chl catabolism in chloroplasts with the dismantling and remobilizing of other cellular components in senescing leaf cells...
- Kim J, Lee M, Kim Y, Woo J, Park C. A basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor regulates cell elongation and seed germination. Mol Cells. 2005;19:334-41 pubmed..Our observations indicate that NAN has a housekeeping role in plant growth and development, particularly in seed germination and cell elongation, and that it may modulate GA signaling. ..
- Hong J, Choi H, Hwang I, Kim D, Kim N, Choi D, et al. Function of a novel GDSL-type pepper lipase gene, CaGLIP1, in disease susceptibility and abiotic stress tolerance. Planta. 2008;227:539-58 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of CaGLIP1 also regulated glucose- and oxidative stress signaling. Together, these results indicate that CaGLIP1 modulates disease susceptibility and abiotic stress tolerance...
- Lee I, Ambaru B, Thakkar P, Marcotte E, Rhee S. Rational association of genes with traits using a genome-scale gene network for Arabidopsis thaliana. Nat Biotechnol. 2010;28:149-56 pubmed publisher..AraNet (http://www.functionalnet.org/aranet/) provides a resource for plant gene function identification and genetic dissection of plant traits. ..
- Zang Y, Kim J, Park Y, Kim D, Hong S. Metabolic engineering of aliphatic glucosinolates in Chinese cabbage plants expressing Arabidopsis MAM1, CYP79F1, and CYP83A1. BMB Rep. 2008;41:472-8 pubmed..However, F1-2 and F1-3 lines demonstrated a decrease in the levels of gluconapin and glucobrassicanapin and an increased level of 4-hydroxy glucobrassicin. ..
- Oh S, Park J, Yoon S, Kim Y, Park S, Ryu M, et al. The Arabidopsis calcium sensor calcineurin B-like 3 inhibits the 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase in a calcium-dependent manner. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1883-96 pubmed publisher..We also discuss a possible mechanism by which the CBL3-mediated calcium signaling regulates the biosynthesis of ethylene and polyamines, which are involved in plant growth and development as well as various stress responses. ..
- Song H, Song J, Cho J, Amasino R, Noh B, Noh Y. The RNA binding protein ELF9 directly reduces SUPPRESSOR OF OVEREXPRESSION OF CO1 transcript levels in arabidopsis, possibly via nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. Plant Cell. 2009;21:1195-211 pubmed publisher..Thus, the SOC1 transcript is one of the direct targets of ELF9, which appears to be involved in NMD-dependent mRNA quality control in Arabidopsis. ..
- Hwang I, An S, Hwang B. Pepper asparagine synthetase 1 (CaAS1) is required for plant nitrogen assimilation and defense responses to microbial pathogens. Plant J. 2011;67:749-62 pubmed publisher..Linking transcriptional and targeted metabolite studies, our results suggest that CaAS1 is required for asparagine synthesis and disease resistance in plants. ..
- Tata S, Jung J, Kim Y, Choi J, Jung J, Lee I, et al. Heterologous expression of chloroplast-localized geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthase confers fast plant growth, early flowering and increased seed yield. Plant Biotechnol J. 2016;14:29-39 pubmed publisher..This research has potential applications for fast production of plant biomass that provides commercially valuable biomaterials or bioenergy. ..
- Jung K, Oh S, Kim Y, Yoo K, Cui M, Shin J. Arabidopsis histidine-containing phosphotransfer factor 4 (AHP4) negatively regulates secondary wall thickening of the anther endothecium during flowering. Mol Cells. 2008;25:294-300 pubmed..Our study indicates that AHP4 negatively regulates thickening of the secondary cell wall of the anther endothecium, and provides new insight into the role of cytokinins in formation of secondary cell walls via the action of AHP4. ..
- Park J, Jin J, Lee Y, Kang S, Lee Y. Rice blast fungus (Magnaporthe oryzae) infects Arabidopsis via a mechanism distinct from that required for the infection of rice. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:474-86 pubmed publisher..oryzae, this newly established pathosystem allows comparison of the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying pathogenesis and host defense in two well-studied model plants...
- Hwang H, Kim H, Jeong Y, Choi M, Lee S, Kim S. Overexpression of EVE1, a novel ubiquitin family protein, arrests inflorescence stem development in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4571-81 pubmed publisher..The eve1-D mutation provides a way to study the regulatory mechanisms that control phase transition from the vegetative to the reproductive state. ..
- Kim S, Lee A, Yoon H, Park C. A membrane-bound NAC transcription factor NTL8 regulates gibberellic acid-mediated salt signaling in Arabidopsis seed germination. Plant J. 2008;55:77-88 pubmed publisher..Our data support that NTL8 modulates GA-mediated salt signaling in regulating seed germination. This regulatory scheme may provide an adaptative fitness, which delays seed germination under high salinity conditions. ..
- Chung Y, Choe V, Fujioka S, Takatsuto S, Han M, Jeon J, et al. Constitutive activation of brassinosteroid signaling in the Arabidopsis elongated-D/bak1 mutant. Plant Mol Biol. 2012;80:489-501 pubmed publisher..The BAK1/ELG BR co-receptor thus plays an important role in BR signaling that is mediated by its LRR domain. ..
- Kwon S, Cho H, Kim S, Park O. The Rab GTPase RabG3b positively regulates autophagy and immunity-associated hypersensitive cell death in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1722-36 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that RabG3b contributes to HR cell death via the activation of autophagy, which plays a positive role in plant immunity-triggered HR PCD. ..
- Yoon H, Kim S, Kim S, Park C. Regulation of leaf senescence by NTL9-mediated osmotic stress signaling in Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2008;25:438-45 pubmed..These observations indicate that NTL9 mediates osmotic stress responses that affect leaf senescence, providing a genetic link between intrinsic genetic programs and external signals in the control of leaf senescence. ..
- Shin Y, Yum H, Kim E, Cho H, Gothandam K, Hyun J, et al. BcXTH1, a Brassica campestris homologue of Arabidopsis XTH9, is associated with cell expansion. Planta. 2006;224:32-41 pubmed publisher..Immunoelectron microscopy shows that BcXTH1 is localized almost exclusively to the cell wall, supporting our conclusion that it participates in the regulation of cell expansion in B. campestris...
- Hong S, Seo P, Ryu J, Cho S, Woo J, Park C. A competitive peptide inhibitor KIDARI negatively regulates HFR1 by forming nonfunctional heterodimers in Arabidopsis photomorphogenesis. Mol Cells. 2013;35:25-31 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the PIF4 activity is modulated through a double layer of competitive inhibition by HFR1 and KDR, which could in turn ensure fine-tuning of the PIF4 activity under fluctuating light conditions. ..
- Park E, Oh S, Nam M, Shin J, Kim K, Song H. Crystal structure of 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase from Arabidopsis thaliana at 1.5-A resolution. Proteins. 2006;65:519-23 pubmed
- Jung J, Won S, Suh S, Kim H, Wing R, Jeong Y, et al. The barley ERF-type transcription factor HvRAF confers enhanced pathogen resistance and salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Planta. 2007;225:575-88 pubmed..These results collectively indicate that HvRAF is a transcription factor that plays dual regulatory roles in response to biotic and abiotic stresses in plants. ..
- Kim T, Lee S, Joo S, Yun H, Lee Y, Kaufman P, et al. Elongation and gravitropic responses of Arabidopsis roots are regulated by brassinolide and IAA. Plant Cell Environ. 2007;30:679-89 pubmed
- Kim S, Yun C, Lee J, Jang Y, Park H, Kim J. OsCO3, a CONSTANS-LIKE gene, controls flowering by negatively regulating the expression of FT-like genes under SD conditions in rice. Planta. 2008;228:355-65 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that OsCO3 primarily controls flowering time under SD conditions by negatively regulating Hd3a and FTL expression, independent of the SD-promotion pathway...
- Choi H, Hwang B. The pepper extracellular peroxidase CaPO2 is required for salt, drought and oxidative stress tolerance as well as resistance to fungal pathogens. Planta. 2012;235:1369-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence for the involvement of pepper extracellular peroxidase CaPO2 in plant defense responses to various abiotic stresses and plant fungal pathogens...
- Kim H, Na S, Lee S, Jeong Y, Hwang H, Hur J, et al. Structure-function studies of a plant tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase provide novel insights into DNA repair mechanisms of Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem J. 2012;443:49-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study demonstrate the structure-based function of AtTDP through which AtTDP can repair DNA strand breaks in plants. ..
- Lin C, Choi H, Cho H. Root hair-specific EXPANSIN A7 is required for root hair elongation in Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2011;31:393-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide in vivo evidence that expansins are required for root hair tip growth. ..
- Park J, Kim Y, Kim S, Jung J, Woo J, Park C. Integration of auxin and salt signals by the NAC transcription factor NTM2 during seed germination in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:537-49 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that auxin delays seed germination under high salinity through cross talk with the NTM2-mediated salt signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Oh J, Kwon Y, Kim J, Noh H, Hong S, Lee H. A dual role for MYB60 in stomatal regulation and root growth of Arabidopsis thaliana under drought stress. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;77:91-103 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that MYB60 plays a dual role in abiotic stress responses in Arabidopsis through its involvement in stomatal regulation and root growth. ..
- Lim H, Nam J, Seo E, Nam M, Vaira A, Bae H, et al. The coat protein of Alternanthera mosaic virus is the elicitor of a temperature-sensitive systemic necrosis in Nicotiana benthamiana, and interacts with a host boron transporter protein. Virology. 2014;452-453:264-78 pubmed publisher..benthamiana homolog NbBOR1 interacted more strongly with CPSP than CP(Po) in bimolecular fluorescence complementation, and may affect recognition of CP as an elicitor of SN. ..
- Kim N, Lee D, Choi D, Hwang B. The pepper GNA-related lectin and PAN domain protein gene, CaGLP1, is required for plant cell death and defense signaling during bacterial infection. Plant Sci. 2015;241:307-15 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that CaGLP1 is required for plant cell death and defense responses through the reactive oxygen species burst and downstream defense-related gene expression in response to bacterial pathogen challenge. ..
- Kim Y, Kim S, Park J, Park H, Lim M, Chua N, et al. A membrane-bound NAC transcription factor regulates cell division in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3132-44 pubmed..These results indicate that the membrane-mediated activation of NTM1 defines a molecular mechanism by which cytokinin signaling is tightly regulated during cell cycling. ..
- Jeong Y, Mun J, Kim H, Lee S, Kim S. An upstream region in the first intron of petunia actin-depolymerizing factor 1 affects tissue-specific expression in transgenic Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana). Plant J. 2007;50:230-9 pubmed..In addition, we have also shown that intron-mediated enhancement is a conserved mechanism, which regulates the expression of the petunia and Arabidopsis ADF genes that are expressed in vegetative tissues...
- Seo P, Xiang F, Qiao M, Park J, Lee Y, Kim S, et al. The MYB96 transcription factor mediates abscisic acid signaling during drought stress response in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:275-89 pubmed publisher..We propose that MYB96 is a molecular link that mediates ABA-auxin cross talk in drought stress response and lateral root growth, providing an adaptive strategy under drought stress conditions. ..
- Choi H, Lee D, Hwang B. The pepper calmodulin gene CaCaM1 is involved in reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide generation required for cell death and the defense response. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:1389-400 pubmed publisher..syringae pv. tomato-induced NO generation was also compromised in CaCaM1-OX leaves. Together, these results suggest that the CaCaM1 gene functions in ROS and NO generation are essential for cell death and defense responses in plants...
- Kang M, Nargis S, Kim S, Kim S. Distinct expression patterns of two Ginkgo biloba 1-hydroxy-2-methyl-2-(E)-butenyl-4-diphosphate reductase/isopentenyl diphospahte synthase (HDR/IDS) promoters in Arabidopsis model. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;62:47-53 pubmed publisher..The same pattern of gene regulation in roots was also seen upon treatments of gibberellins, abscisic acid, and indole butyric acid. ..
- Kang H, Nam K. Reverse function of ROS-induced CBL10 during salt and drought stress responses. Plant Sci. 2016;243:49-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Ca(2+) signaling through CBL10 differently affects the response to abiotic stresses, partly by regulating BR sensitivity of plant tissues. ..
- Kang S, Kim H, Lee H, Choi J, Heu S, Oh C, et al. Overexpression in Arabidopsis of a plasma membrane-targeting glutamate receptor from small radish increases glutamate-mediated Ca2+ influx and delays fungal infection. Mol Cells. 2006;21:418-27 pubmed..Based on these results, we suggest that RsGluR is a glutamate-gated Ca2+ channel located in the plasma membrane of higher plants and plays a direct or indirect role in defense against pathogen infection by triggering JA biosynthesis. ..
- Lee J, Deng X, Kim W. Possible role of light in the maintenance of EIN3/EIL1 stability in Arabidopsis seedlings. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:484-91 pubmed..Here, we propose that light may act as a negative regulator in the destabilization of EIN3/EIL1. ..
- Seo P, Park C. MYB96-mediated abscisic acid signals induce pathogen resistance response by promoting salicylic acid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2010;186:471-83 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that MYB96-mediated ABA signals enhance plant disease resistance by inducing SA biosynthesis. It is envisioned that MYB96 is a molecular link that mediates ABA-SA crosstalks. ..
- Huh S, Noh E, Kim H, Jeon B, Bae K, Hu H, et al. Arabidopsis annexins AnnAt1 and AnnAt4 interact with each other and regulate drought and salt stress responses. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1499-514 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that AnnAt1 and AnnAt4 function cooperatively in response to drought and salt stress and their functions are affected by photoperiod. ..
- Lee S, Kim H, Hwang H, Jeong Y, Na S, Woo J, et al. Identification of tyrosyl-DNA phosphodiesterase as a novel DNA damage repair enzyme in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;154:1460-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AtTDP plays a clear role in the repair of topoisomerase I-DNA complexes in Arabidopsis. ..
- Koh E, Lee S, Hong S, Lee H, Lee H. The ABA effect on the accumulation of an invertase inhibitor transcript that is driven by the CAMV35S promoter in ARABIDOPSIS. Mol Cells. 2008;26:236-42 pubmed..It is well established that ABA enhances invertase activity in vivo but the underlying mechanisms are still poorly understood. Our results thus suggest that one way ABA regulates invertase activity is by down-regulating its inhibitor. ..
- Kim J, Kim B, Park Y, Ko J, Lim C, Lim J, et al. Characterization of flavonoid 7-O-glucosyltransferase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:1471-7 pubmed..These results indicate that AtGT-2 encodes a flavonoid 7-O-glucosyltransferase. ..
- Yoo S, Kim Y, Kim S, Lee J, Ahn J. Control of flowering time and cold response by a NAC-domain protein in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e642 pubmed..Our results suggest an overlapping pathway for controlling cold stress response and flowering time in plants. ..
- Cho S, Ryu M, Song C, Kwak J, Kim W. Arabidopsis PUB22 and PUB23 are homologous U-Box E3 ubiquitin ligases that play combinatory roles in response to drought stress. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1899-914 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that PUB22 and PUB23 coordinately control a drought signaling pathway by ubiquitinating cytosolic RPN12a in Arabidopsis. ..
- Kim E, Seo Y, Lee H, Kim W. Constitutive expression of CaSRP1, a hot pepper small rubber particle protein homolog, resulted in fast growth and improved drought tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis plants. Planta. 2010;232:71-83 pubmed publisher..A possible cellular function of SRPP homologs in non-rubber-producing plants in relation to drought stress tolerance is discussed...
- Mok Y, Uzawa R, Lee J, Weiner G, Eichman B, Fischer R, et al. Domain structure of the DEMETER 5-methylcytosine DNA glycosylase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19225-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, the DME DNA glycosylase has a unique structure composed of three essential domains that all function in 5-methylcytosine excision. ..
- Kim H, Ok S, Bahn S, Jang J, Oh S, Park S, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum- and Golgi-localized phospholipase A2 plays critical roles in Arabidopsis pollen development and germination. Plant Cell. 2011;23:94-110 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that plant reproduction, in particular, male gametophyte development, requires the activities of the lipid-modifying PLA(2)s that are conserved in other organisms. ..
- Chung Y, Maharjan P, Lee O, Fujioka S, Jang S, Kim B, et al. Auxin stimulates DWARF4 expression and brassinosteroid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2011;66:564-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results support the idea that auxin regulates BR biosynthesis, and that auxin thus relies on synthesized BRs for some of its growth-promoting effects in Arabidopsis. ..
- Sakuraba Y, Kim D, Kim Y, Hortensteiner S, Paek N. Arabidopsis STAYGREEN-LIKE (SGRL) promotes abiotic stress-induced leaf yellowing during vegetative growth. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3830-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SGRL forms homo- and heterodimers with SGR1 and SGR2 in vivo, and interacts with LHCII and chlorophyll catabolic enzymes. The role of SGRL under abiotic stress is discussed. ..
- Joo J, Yoo H, Hwang I, Lee J, Nam K, Bae Y. Auxin-induced reactive oxygen species production requires the activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1243-8 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of PtdIns 3-kinase and its product PtdIns(3)P are required for auxin-induced production of ROS and root gravitropism. ..
- Kim E, Seo Y, Kim W. AtDSEL, an Arabidopsis cytosolic DAD1-like acylhydrolase, is involved in negative regulation of storage oil mobilization during seedling establishment. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1705-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AtDSEL is involved in the negative regulation of seedling establishment by inhibiting the breakdown of storage oils. ..
- Kim Y, Jung K, Jeung J, Shin J. A novel F-box protein represses endothecial secondary wall thickening for anther dehiscence in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Plant Physiol. 2012;169:212-6 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the novel Skp/Cul/F-box (SCF) complex consisting of SAF1 as an F-box protein and ASK19 as a Skp functions in secondary wall thickening of the anther endothecium. ..
- Shang Y, Dai C, Lee M, Kwak J, Nam K. BRI1-Associated Receptor Kinase 1 Regulates Guard Cell ABA Signaling Mediated by Open Stomata 1 in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2016;9:447-460 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that BAK1 regulates ABA-induced stomatal closure in guard cells. ..
- Lee E, Kwon M, Ko J, Yi H, Hwang M, Chang S, et al. Binding of sulfonylurea by AtMRP5, an Arabidopsis multidrug resistance-related protein that functions in salt tolerance. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:528-38 pubmed..These observations suggest that AtMRP5 is a putative sulfonylurea receptor that is involved in K+ homeostasis and, thus, also participates in the NaCl stress response. ..
- Kim H, Kwon M, Ryu H, Fujioka S, Takatsuto S, Yoshida S, et al. The regulation of DWARF4 expression is likely a critical mechanism in maintaining the homeostasis of bioactive brassinosteroids in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:548-57 pubmed..Thus, it is likely that the DWF4 promoter serves as a focal point in maintaining homeostasis of endogenous bioactive BR pools in specific tissues of Arabidopsis. ..
- Lee S, Lee S, Yang K, Kim Y, Park S, Kim S, et al. Overexpression of PRE1 and its homologous genes activates Gibberellin-dependent responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:591-600 pubmed..Our results of gain-of-function studies suggest that PRE genes may have a regulatory role in gibberellin-dependent development in Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Son O, Cho S, Kim S, Kim W. In vitro and in vivo interaction of AtRma2 E3 ubiquitin ligase and auxin binding protein 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:492-7 pubmed publisher..This suggests that ABP1 is controlled by the Ub/26S proteasome system. Therefore, AtRma2 is likely involved in the cellular regulation of ABP1 expression levels. ..
- Kim D, Hwang B. The pepper receptor-like cytoplasmic protein kinase CaPIK1 is involved in plant signaling of defense and cell-death responses. Plant J. 2011;66:642-55 pubmed publisher..Salicylic acid levels in CaPIK1-OX plants are higher than those in wild-type plants. Together, these results suggest that CaPIK1 modulates the signaling required for the salicylic acid-dependent defense response to pathogen infection. ..
- Lee D, Kim D, Hwang B. The pepper RNA-binding protein CaRBP1 functions in hypersensitive cell death and defense signaling in the cytoplasm. Plant J. 2012;72:235-48 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that cytoplasmic localization of CaRBP1 is required for plant signaling of hypersensitive cell-death and defense responses. ..
- Park E, Choi W, Oh S, Kim K, Shin J, Song H. Biochemical and structural characterization of 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidases from Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:619-24 pubmed publisher..9A resolution. Finally, a structural comparison of AtMTAN2 performed with previously determined structures of AtMTAN1 and an E. coli homolog provides clues for the substrate specificity of MTA nucleosidases in A. thaliana. ..
- Park S, Yu J, Park J, Li J, Yoo S, Lee N, et al. The senescence-induced staygreen protein regulates chlorophyll degradation. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1649-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that in senescing leaves, Sgr regulates Chl degradation by inducing LHCPII disassembly through direct interaction, leading to the degradation of Chls and Chl-free LHCPII by catabolic enzymes and proteases, respectively...
- Jeong B, Yoo K, Jung K, Shin J, Song H. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of a cystathionine beta-synthase domain-containing protein, CDCP2, from Arabidopsis thaliana. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:825-7 pubmed publisher..360, c = 82.596 A, alpha = beta = 90, gamma = 120 degrees . The asymmetric unit contains one CDCP2 molecule and the solvent content is approximately 41%. ..
- Kwon S, Jin H, Lee S, Nam M, Chung J, Kwon S, et al. GDSL lipase-like 1 regulates systemic resistance associated with ethylene signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;58:235-45 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that GLIP1-elicited systemic resistance is dependent on ethylene signaling and provide evidence that GLIP1 may mediate the production of a systemic signaling molecule(s). ..
- Kim B, Kim G, Fujioka S, Takatsuto S, Choe S. Overexpression of 3?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases/C-4 decarboxylases causes growth defects possibly due to abnormal auxin transport in Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2012;34:77-84 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of the two Arabidopsis 3?HSD/D genes thus appears to affect auxin transporter activity, possibly by altering sterol composition in the membranes. ..